Strength and Fear: An Ustalavic Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master vayelan

Kingdom Building Rules
Rulership Tracker
Map: Canterwall and Neighbors

Map: The Town of Ravengro
Map: Harrowstone Grounds

Current Encounter: Harrowstone Prison


351 to 400 of 530 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"That fire is not a normal flame. It does not dance way wood makes fire dance, or the way coal makes fire glow. It is unnatural. Exercise caution."

Casting Detect Magic


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Certainly...

Sasha, go take a look... if you are spotted, lead their attention away from this entry. She touches her traveling companion, the arcane tattoo upon her temple, pulsing.

After looking into Valeska's eyes knowingly, Sasha turns to slip through the doorway.

Meanwhile, Valeska seems to focus on some indeterminate point in space before her, nearly as if she is looking through the door.

Sasha Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Summoner Bond Senses - see, hear, smell, touch & taste what Sasha does.


??? Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
??? Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Sasha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Valeska:
As soon as Sasha slips through the broken doorway, both of your senses are overwhelmed by the acrid smoke that shrouds the room beyond. The smell of sulfur is overwhelming, and it stings your eyes by proxy. Although your companion's eyes can pierce the darkness, this smoke vexes your shared sight. Nevertheless, you see a small, dark figure standing at the heart of the smoke, practically bathing in it.

Through the smoke, you can make out a goat-headed creature - about the size of a dwarf - carrying a broad sword whose blade glows red, as though perpetually within a forge. It affixes its burning eyes upon Sasha, raises its sword, and tromps forth with deadly intent.

I've updated the encounter map, although the scale is a bit tricky since each square is 10 feet rather than 5.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Valeska describes what she senses, as she senses it...

Sasha, as instructed tried to move away from the entrance and beast... gets a little wet.

Sasha is moving away from the door and towards the water, the outside wall. She indicates direction with the starknife in her hand.


Sasha inches away from the terrible fiend in the furnace room beyond, and soon the eidolon is backed against the collapsed edge of the building overlooking the cold, stagnant water below. The enemy presses forward and soon stands silhouetted in the open doorway.

A muscular, bare-chested brute the size of a dwarf stands wreathed in sulfurous smoke. A pair of burning red eyes sit in the goat-headed creature's sunken sockets. Fire licks up from its hooves, leaving ashen scorch marks upon the stone tiles. It clutches a sword in its furred knuckles, its broad blade glowing red as though within a forge.

Chao Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Although it is difficult to convey the information via sign language, the mute monk recognizes the foe that stands before you. The first thing he readily explains is that this demonic creature possesses boiling blood and breathes both smoke and fire.


The burning demon turns its attention from Sasha and affixes its red eyes upon the party. It raises its sword above its head, and the weapon's sulfurous flames begin to collect at the blade's tip in the air.

In the fleeting moment that passes, Chao is able to convey the enemy's name to the party: brimorak.

The demon swings the sword in an overhead arc and flings the ball of fire into your midst.

Fireball Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3) = 22

The Brimorak's fireball SLA catches Kain, Valeska, Chao, Shontar, and Faun. Sasha and Ornmeil'lon are outside the burst.
The Reflex Save for half damage is DC 15.
The party may act next.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Duck and Cover! Kain shouts as the ball is hurled towards the group. He quickly kneels down and hefts his shield up to cover him as best he can before the flames engulf him.

No sooner have the flames dispersed he is charging the creature, dropping his shield and grabbing his longsword in both hands held in a poised striking position. He strikes downward with a huge swing aimed at the creatures shoulder joint. He shouts at the creature.

Begone from this place cretin! You and your master will pay for the life you took!

attack,charge,PA: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 30 cold-iron, and thats a great way to start off the year, haha. two nat 20s, I like this DM, he brings me good luck sometimes :P

attack,charge,PA: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 24

damage: 2d8 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6) + 12 + 12 = 32


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

The Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Ouch! 22 hp lost!

Perhaps it was her affinity to all things living and green, the types of things that avoid fire and flame, that startled her. She hesitated a fraction too long, and felt the full effect of that ball of fiery destruction.

Life, however, always finds a way to stay alive; and Faun wasn't dead yet!

Faun speaks the gurgle-ish incantation, bending her arms in fluid-like waves, and casts Create Water over the head of the demon. (8 gallons of water, about 60lbs of weight to come crashing over the creature's head). Unsure of whether it'd do even do anything, but satisfied by the loud hisss it makes upon contact with the creature's skin, she judo rolls over to the small wall to the northwest.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Prepared Spells and Companion Stats wrote:


Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1st Level: CLW(x2), Frostbite, Shillelagh
2nd Level: Glide, Resist Energy (x2)

Ornmeil'lon
hp 29/34


With his devastating charge, Kain cleaves the small demon's arm right off its body. In pain, it delivers a snarl that sounds like a sharp release of steam. A gout of boiling blood sprays forth from the wound, splattering the cavalier's armor and leaving burning welts beneath his steal.

Boiling Blood vs Kain: 1d4 ⇒ 3

In reflex, Kain raises his shield against further spurts of the demon's foul blood, and in the process he protects his face from the plume of steam that erupts as Faun douses the small, fiery foe in a deluge of water. The sudden temperature fluctuation also seems to pain the demon.

Damage from Create Water: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Kain takes 3 damage from the brimorak's boiling blood, released by wounding him with a non-reach melee weapon.
Valeska, Shontar, and Chao can still act.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Sasha takes on the familiar role of flanking partner and steps behind the demon, attacking...

Valeska emboldoned by Kain's success and Sasha's position, charges the demon, herself!

Sasha atk bite, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
Sasha dmg bite: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Valeska atk starknife, charge, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 13
Valeska dmg starknife, sneak stab: 1d4 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4) = 10


Dice Rolls:

Boiling Blood vs Sasha: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Shontar Reflex Save vs Fireball: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Chao Reflex Save vs Fireball: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Shontar Heavy Crossbow vs Brimorak: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14

Brimorak Flaming Sword vs Kain: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Brimorak Flaming Sword vs Kain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Kain Fort Save vs Smoke Breath: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Sasha Fort Save vs Smoke Breath: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Chao Fort Save vs Smoke Breath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Chao Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

When the fireball strikes, Chao interposes himself between the impact and his companion - thus shielding Shontar from the brunt of the fiery blast that might otherwise have been the elven hunter. Shontar supports his companion, keeping him on his feet, before the monk bolts ahead to confront the demon. Chao nimbly leaps and dives through the doorway, landing beside the demon while evading any opportunistic swings or kicks.

Shontar raises his crossbow, aims and looses a bolt, but it strikes the doorframe as he strives to avoid hitting Kain or Valeska.

Sasha's bite pierces the demon's unnaturally thick hide, and the eidolon manages to avoid the worst of the burning spurt of blood that gushes forth.

Surrounded, the brimorak swings its flaming sword in a frenzy, but Kain parries both of the demon's strikes.

The party is up.
Sasha and Chao fail their Fort Save for starting the round adjacent to the brimorak's, so its Smoke Breath leaves them Sickened for 1 round.
Kain made his save. Sasha takes 1 damage from the Boiling Blood.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

As the acrid air enters her throat, Valeska tries to withstand the inhospitable environment and lash out once more and sink the starknife deep...

Sasha yelps, then growls before attempting another bite.

The Dice:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 success?

Sasha atk bite, flank, sickened: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 20
Sasha dmg bite: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Valeska atk starknife, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Valeska dmg starknife, sneak stab: 1d4 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4) = 10


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Kain keeps his head low, letting his his purple scarf aid in keeping the worst of the smoke from his breath. As the demon strikes out, he parries a blow while simultaneously stepping forward towards the foul creature, drawing his blade back into a thrusting position in one fluid motion before thrusting it towards the demons chest.

attack,flank,PA: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 16 weapon is cold iron. AC is 21
damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


The brimorak barely manages to parry Kain's thrust, but this keeps the demon's own blade occupied long enough for Valeska and Sasha to seize upon their foe's flanks and rip the fiendish life from its physical body. The brimorak crumbles into a heap of sulfurous ash. The demon's sword clatters to the tiled floor, the fire fading until the blackened steel is barely warm to the touch, and it lies caked in soot.

The smoke writhes along the ceiling and begins to dissipate, drifting through the shattered wall overlooking the water. The fire in the furnace also weakens, its light and heat taking on more mundane aspects as the supernatural source feeding it now lies broken.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Literally, breathing easier... Valeska gives the all clear and sends Sasha to surveil.

We got lucky...


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

As she rounds the corner seconds later, ready to enter the fray, she sees an odd cloud of sooty smoke find its way outside the building, and the fiery creature no where to be found.

"What was that?"

She moves her hands in circles over her heart, speaking one of the most commonly heard incantations around, then thrusts her gesture towards the monk, whose robes were still smoking a bit

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (Chao gains 6 hp)

She repeats the gesture, but keeps it focused on herself this time.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Kain breathes heavily for a moment before lowering his weapon. After steadying his breath he looks around the room.
He turns to Faun, half his face stained black with soot and sweat.
I am not entirely sure, though It seems we have some questions for a particular someone. It seems that we will have to make sure no other dangerous residents have taken up home in this ruin before we do anything with it, or turn our gaze from it.

Kain takes a few steps towards the demons sword and pushes it with his, as if half expecting the creature to burst forth once again.

Luck had nothing to do with it, while our teamwork could improve it was our skill and training that likely carried us through the fight. That said, I will not say the idea of having luck on our side is not a comforting one. We should return to the town for now however. We also cannot leave that girl alone here. Especially if she is embroiled in this... trouble.


Shontar does his best to translate the hand signs that Chao uses to explain the slain enemy. The brimorak is a demon said to be spawned from the soul of an arsonist, and the pain of burning that they constant endure is the weight of their sin reborn. This particular demon may have shared a connection with whomever started the fire that gutted this old prison, or the creature may simply have been attracted by the burning echoes imprinted by the old fire.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Perhaps it's final passing will serve as a milestone to reading the tensions about the prison. Let's see what this thing has been up to.

Lenora can come in, now it's all clear. I'm not certain she will like what she see, but the eminent danger is gone.


The lingering smell of brimstone continues to haunt the furnace room, but its power has abated. The tiles of the floor and the stonework behind the wall paneling have been scored by the slain demon's burning sword, creating a chaotic and formless fresco without meaning. There is no trace of any sort of summoning circle or ritual, so it appears unlikely that the brimorak was actually called forth by anyone and instead was simply drawn by the history of the burned prison.

Lenora has calmed, although she winces at the whiffs of brimstone upon the air. She is greatly reassured by your presence, further vindicated by your defeat of the demon. Shontar describes the brimorak to her, speaking with the prideful voice of a victorious hunter. Her eyes widen and she offers a start.

"Do...do you suppose this fiend could have slain Alain?" she speaks in a loud whisper. "It would be a terrible relief to know that Edgrin is no murderer."


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

"It is hard to say at this point, and I would be reckless to begin speculating. Truth, real truth, can almost never be known. But that doesn't mean we won't search for it."


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Kain sighs, shaking his head.
Whatever the case is, as said this place will have to be combed through. We can't leave creatures like this so close to innocent people. That is only asking for tragedy. As for if it was this that slew Alain... it would be easier if I had seen the wounds. However... let us go back to where he was found, perhaps now we may notice details we missed or overlooked before.

Kain will nod to Lenora before heading back to the room where alain was killed and this time look around specifically for anything that may implicate the demon in his death. Such as scorched/seared blood stain, soot mixed blood etc.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Faun goes to the destroyed part of the prison where walls used to stand, and examines the grounds and pooling waters below.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

She opens (what I think is) a small barrel that sits near the ledge, and checks its contents. If it's empty or contains nothing of interest or value, Ornmeil'lon kicks it gently over the edge.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Lenora, help is search...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Let's finish clearing the prison and get back with a report.

Sasha, see if anything else is out there... Seek!


The barrel, empty save for dust and cobwebs, tumbles down to the stagnant water with a splash. This last bit of vibration knocks loose a soot-caked copper plate that previously hung above the furnace room entrance - dangling by a single, feeble bolt. The name "Ember Maw" is etched into the plate, suggesting the old staff's nickname for the furnace.

Back in the auditorium, you find evidence that increasingly supports Lenora's worry that the demon was Alain's true murderer. Hoof-shaped scorchmarks mar the tiles around the dried blood, and sharp scoring emblazons the wooden benches and the walls, as though struck by the flaming blade.

The absence of Alain's body remains a mystery, though. There is not sufficient ash to suggest that the brimorak merely incinerated his remains after Lenora fled.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Let's sweep the other rooms, before we call it a day... the council will be eager to hear a progress report.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

I am unsure if we should fully trust this.. girl... She seems to be sincere. Though I admit some things are just not adding up entirely, and I don't like that. It makes me uneasy.

Kain sighs before nodding to Valeska then looking around at the others.
At least the ones on the upper floor here yes, however many are injured, so it may be the wisest course of action to not charge headlong into any potential dangers among the lower prison levels today.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Faun asks Lenora if she'd like to go back outside with Ornmeil'lon, or stay in here. "I'm gonna push forward just a bit to see what rooms are beyond this one. You can accompany me if you wish, but I don't what, if anything, awaits."

She'll leave the treant with the woman if she's willing, unless she wishes to go with Faun, in which case all three will venture north and check out the room to the west (of s19).


Faun carefully pushes open the creaking door that links the furnace room to the unknown chamber beyond. Lenora follows closely, afraid to be left alone in this place.

Several moldy cots lay strewn around this room, while doors to smaller, more private sleeping cells hang askew to the west. Judging from the rest of this room’s decor, this must have once been the prison’s infirmary. Shard of glass litter the tiled floor, along with strewn and soiled rolls of bandages, evidence of some long past chaos that seemed to rip the room apart. Nevertheless, there may be some supplies overlooked by the explorers and looters who came before you.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Why should she have all the fun, right? Come on... Valeska tries convincing the others, before following.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Kain enters the room, the crunch of glass beneath his foot falls echoing astonishingly loud through the quiet dusty halls. His sword is out, but his shield is slung over his back.

Kain will make his way to look through to doors into the smaller sleeping cells on the west.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

outside, Valere munches on some grass while watching the birds.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Faun and Lenora aid in the search

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


The infirmary is a tableau of chaos long passed. Not just a battle, it looks as though someone - or something - simply hurled furnishings and supplies wildly across the room. Furthermore, you also find evidence that someone has sifted through the mess, looking for surviving items to salvage. Cabinet doors hang open and drawers teeter upon their runners.

Nevertheless, your combined efforts turn up supplies that were overlooked by previous explorers and looters. A wooden case hides, intact, beneath an overturned cart, and another is tucked away in a corner beside a crumbling shelf. Inside, you find a number of green and brown bottles. The ink has, thankfully, not faded from their labels. There is also a flask of barely tarnished silver that contains a magical curative.

Lastly, and peculiarly, there is a set of bandages strewn upon the floor that, unlike the other moldering lengths of linen likewise cast about, remains pristine. Almost magically it has resisted dirt and grime, leaving it still looking clean and new.

Loot:

2 vials of antitoxin
2 vials of antiplague
2 doses of bloodblock
2 doses of smelling salts
1 vial of soothe syrup
1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Bandages of Rapid Recovery


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Lenora, were you the one rummaging here?


"Heavens, no," she exclaims. "This is the furthest I've ever ventured into this awful old place."

As if to emphasize the point, her eyes continue to dart around the infirmary.

"Alain had told me stories of the adventurers who came through here a few years back. I believe he said that they fought some manner of angry spirit in here," Lenora says, pushing a broken piece of glass around with the toe of her shoe. "It would certainly explain the state of this place."


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

It is likely they were the cause yes. Do you wish to search the lower depths now, or return tomorrow? I would like to report on what he discovered here so far, have a good drink and something to eat before chancing more danger. However I will let the group as a whole decide. Kain says to the others as he helps gather the items they found.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

GM:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for Lenora's reaction and explanation.


"Yes, that is a good idea, kind sir," Lenora says in support of Kain's suggestion. "I should like to again be free of this place."

She pauses to allow an involuntary shudder to race down her spine and shoulders.

"Even with that horrible demon destroyed, and even if it was Alain's true killer, there is much in these walls that haunts me. Of course, I dare not go farther than the outer wall and my little crumbling tower. I fear that I am no less a demon to the townsfolk, and they may not so readily acquit me of Alain's death - especially depending upon the stories that Edgrin has been spreading."

Faun:
Lenora tells no lies. This old, potentially still-haunted prison scares her, as does the prospect of facing the superstitious residents of Ravengro. Nevertheless, she is not entirely a naive ingenue. She is intentionally playing up her plight, if only to ensure that your party won't also turn against her. You don't believe she is dangerous, but rather she is keen to protect this bit of friendship and validation the party provides.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

"Let's be clear, sir knight, on what we have 'discovered.' We were tasked with investigating this place and recruiting individuals willing to tear it down so we might put something more useful in its place, correct?" (I honestly don't remember). "What we have discovered so far is zero evidence of any angry spirits of dead murderers, which seems to be what they fear most. It's obvious that this whole should be torn down. Our investigation into the murder of Alain is independent of our task assigned by the council."

She takes Lenora's hand, "I don't want to cause any trouble for our new friend. All in all, it seems...unwise to make any reports other than 'it's ongoing' until we have completed the task. .. .. But do what you want."

She smiles. And it's sincere. Which is weird considering the mood of the conversation. Faunlara clearly isn't fully aware of the normal social cues.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Keeping secrets never ends well. However, I would only speak to the council members. They all seem to have clearer minds than ordinary folk. They will want to know who our friend is, and where we found them. I will not actively conceal that from them. As for our investigations regarding the haunting of this place, we can, as you said, say the investigations are ongoing, as they are.

He pauses, looking to Lenora. That is, if we return today, unfinished. As I said, if you and the others desire to continue I am more than able to do so.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

She looks to everyone, so all may have a chance to speak. She herself says perhaps they could finish looking at this floor today, but doesn't mind waiting until the morning. She does, however intend on inspecting the watery section outside the prison today.

"Ornmeil'lon and I will stay here tonight, perhaps at the base of the steps leading up to your, dwelling, Lenora. Would that be alright with you?"


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Let's just all camp here, tonight... It'll be fun! I'm certain Shontar won't mind. Valeska smiles at Chao.


Faun and Valeska elicit a start from Lenora with their suggestions.

"Oh my," she gasps, her eyes roving across the party. "Of course it would be all right. I've never had such pleasant or plentiful company before. This may be the most restful night's sleep I've ever had."

Faun:
As you continue to observe Lenora's reactions, despite your comparative unfamiliarity with social cues, you determine that she is sincere about this. She has been quite lonely, and even putting aside the danger she fears, it is a delight to have newfound friends near at hand.

As per your previous Sense Motive check.

For a moment, Lenora casts her eyes to the floor, embarrassed to be perhaps too forward with people she has only just met. However, she soon looks up cautiously and turns to look between Kain and Faun.

"But, you said you came to tear down the prison?" she asks as though contemplating a riddle. "I will not lie, it is probably a great service you would do for the town. All the same, it leaves me worried about where I would go without my tower."


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Tearing it down, was never a requirement. Our thoughts were to clear it of danger, rebuild and repurpose it.

Perhaps you have a thought as to how you could help with this. Maybe a job, you could take on. You will have a home, either here or elsewhere. One to your liking, fear not.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Eventually, whether we tear it down or not we will be planning to make use of this place. In which case, you would either need to leave, or join the town. They are a superstitious and closed people, but if you prove either your ability to help or your innocent intent they are welcoming enough. he says to Lenora.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

It was everything Valeska could do, to keep herself from smacking her face with her own hand.

Or... We can find the perfect job for her, here and with whatever replaces the prison. I'm certain, we can talk to someone and have a room set aside, if that's what she prefers.

Let's not worry about that now, let's clear the place so that the folks we spoke to can come clean it up and start repairs.


"I dare say you're some of the most decent people I've met in quite some time," Lenora sighs as she leads you out of the prison and out into the courtyard. "Better even than Edgrin or lost Alain, perhaps.

"If you have work that needs doing, so long as it is not some manner of crime, then I am your woman. I am quite sharp, I can read and write, and I can get along well with people, providing they give me a chance."


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

That's wonderful, Lenora... How about numbers and figures?

351 to 400 of 530 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strength and Fear: An Ustalavic Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.