Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

maps

8-09
8-11


51 to 100 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

"You got the point, Natty!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, so I need to know...are you knocking on the door or picking the lock of the estate (of the personage you are here to work for)?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto uses the knocker like a sensible person.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty waits patiently for someone to answer the door, his tools now packed back away in thier places.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"I didn't expect the jungle backdrop," Idruzi remarks with interest. "It reminds me of that race in Sargava, although it is probably more like the Mwangi I imagine. I didn't make it to the great jungle yet, although we sailed past."

He otherwise waits for the door to be answered.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok wipes sweat from his forehead and waits for door to open.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

A stocky fire bearded dwarven humanoid answers the door with a gruff challenge.

Who are you and what business do you have with the great Qalkami Mishalq, mistress of fire and knowledge, caretaker of Zjarra?

He crosses his arms as he stands in the doorway, awaiting a response.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

We come bearing favors, on behalf of the Pathfinder Society. The mistress will know what we're talking about. Umberto describes their mission confidently.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Very well. Follow me, Pathfinders.

The dwarven doorman invites you inside to a lavish sitting room outfitted with large chairs upholstered in ruddy, heat-resistant leather.

Wait here.

After about 10minutes of waiting, he returns.

Qalkami Mishalq will see you now.

An imposing crimson female with the strength of a fire giant, the dangerous elegance of an erinyes, and a fiery scar that runs down one side of her face enters the waiting room. See image on maps/notes page

Welcome Pathfinders. Fierce Warriors, Specialist, Priest and Minstrel. she says the last as she looks knowingly at Umberto.

Yes, I know who you are and why you are here. Feel free to retrieve whatever refreshments you please from my stocked liquor cabinet. Just do not drink so much as to not be of use to me and my cause.
She points and smiles before engaging in polite small talk.

Taman and Morok, you both appear to be very stout warriors. But do you have talents other than strength at arms? Natty your skills can be put to use, if you can stay clear of the veiled halls of Calistria. Your two priests should provide counsel and wisdom. Isn't that right, Idruzi?

sense motive DC15:
She is very intentionally showing she knows who you are and what she knows about you.

I, am Qalkami as you must know. And I must be candid about why you are here and my request for your assistance. I normally am not one to waste favors so quickly, yet that with the rise of a new Sultana in the City of Brass, there are certain opportunities awaiting me that simply cannot wait.

She pauses for effect and motions for her servant to bring her a drink.

I must be equally candid that Zjarra provides me no shortage of possible agents, and contracting your Pathfinder Society is merely a convenient means to get certain jobs done.

sense motive DC31:
She is hiding some reservations about hiring local help, likely because the aforementioned jobs are sensitive matters she does not want connected to her.

Are we all on the same page so far? she waits, looking to each of you.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Qalkami starts spouting off details about the crew...

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ah, I guess I need only wait my turn. Umberto waits for mention of his rugged good looks, his resilience in combat (Umberto has gone unconscious in all but one scenario he has played.), or some other deep detail she has surely sought out.

One of the priests? But... I'm special.

Yes, ma'am. You need a job done and we're here to do the job. Umberto positions himself a bit and points to himself, I'm not the leader but... y'know who I am. and follows with a wink.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

"I will not lie, strength is my only talent."

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Art of battle is, without doubt, my greatest asset. Me can also make people fearful or submissive without resorting to physical violence. And in a tight spot I can bend truth a little."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 - So I could have rolled that high Sense Motive check...but I didn't.

Ignan:
"We are here to be of service to you, Lady Qalkami. While your offer of refreshment is appreciated, I believe now is a time for action rather than celebration."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Good. she nods to Idruzi and the rest and motions for her firey servant to scribe a note.

The efreeti begins ticking off tasks on her fingers.

“First, one of my agents, Carlin Nestor, has attracted the attention of a broken inevitable, Tavar. Apparently, it’s trying to bring him to justice for a crime for which he was already tried and acquitted. I might find that amusing if it weren’t so annoying. Carlin is a valuable resource, and I can’t make use of him as long as he has this tin can constantly stirring up trouble. Carlin is currently lying low in a safehouse I maintain nearby. I’m sure he’ll be happy to provide you with the details.”

“Second, there is a family heirloom that you should recover. Some time ago, in exchange for a variety of services, I loaned my grandmother’s familiar, an imp named Vassago, to a local mephit named Malini, who runs the Eye of Flame Magic Shop here in town. The loan has since expired, but the imp has not been returned. I could involve the authorities, but a public spectacle highlighting my previous affiliation with a mephit, of all things, would not help my political ambitions. I’d like you to reclaim Vassago, as well as the contract that commands his service, and return them to me—without attracting too much attention.”

Qalkami produces a rolled-up vellum parchment.

“The third task should be a very simple one. I have expended considerable energy negotiating a deal with a water naga merchant named Soheila here in Zjarra, and she represents a larger conglomerate from the Plane of Water. Soheila has already agreed to the terms, but she has provided excuse after excuse to avoid finalizing the agreement. She clearly doesn’t understand what a good deal she’s getting, and may need some encouragement to sign. I want you to visit her at her home and ensure the contract gets signed.”

She waits for the scribe to finish writing then looks for agreement, or failing that, at least question or comments.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto considers the tasks set in front of the group, Of course, repayments must be made. Provided these people, items, and contracts are all due to you, this should be no problem.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"Arrange for Carlin to be able to be free of interference, recover the imp Vassago and finalize your contrat with the water naga Soheila." Idruzi repeats back to Qalkami, accustomed to being assigned multiple tasks simultaneously.

Idruzi has a number of questions that I'll write out here, but he waits for a response to each one before continuing to the next.

"Do you know the nature of the crime that Tavar is pursing Carlin for? Which court cleared him of the crime?"

"Has Malini refused to return your imp to you, or has the contract simply expired? If they have refused, did they give a reason to break your contract?"

"What sort of reasons has Soheila offered for her delays?"

"Is there a time frame in which the tasks need to be completed? I don't expect these things to take long, but it helps our efforts to be fully informed."

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"This inevitable seems quite troublesome. If it doesn't understand very concept of aquittal and it is harassing a law-abiding citizen are we then forced to destroy it? Which, of course, must be last resort. We should first appeal its superiors to intervene." Morok looks at his colleagues and Qalkami "Anybody have more expertise about this? Can these beings be reasoned with?"

After a brief break he continues "Has anyone seen Vassago outside the magic shop? Could it be possible that Malini doesn't even know current whereabouts of the imp and wants cover up its loss?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"Well I never did like the idea of being followed around by anything, let alone something that wants to incarcerate you. Yeah, I'm up for dealing with that. I dunno perhaps we can find evidence of the punishment being served and get Tavar to desist. Of course, one can always disable Tavar to stop it following further. I don't know what is the best course of action, but I can always help as I can." the half-orc states, before he leans back and takes in the current surroundings.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

Taman just listens and nods.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Smiling at Umberto, she chuckles.
“Silly mortals and their concerns about ethics and morality!

Qalkami then rolls her eyes and gives a little sigh at Natty and Morok.

"If you’re worried about killing this thing, don’t be; it’s a mechanical construct, not even really alive. From what I understand of the situation, its legal authority here is questionable at best. But if you really don’t want to do things the easy way, I suppose I don’t really care whether the thing persists or perishes, as long as its stays out of Carlin’s affairs—and mine. Perhaps Carlin has some ideas for how to deal with it without killing it.”

Looking directly at Idruzi “Regarding the Imp, well, that’s your job to figure out, now isn’t it, my dears? I recommend stealth, personally, but I suppose violence is fine, as long as you keep it quiet. I doubt she’ll part with the creature willingly: apparently she’s taken something of a shine to him.”

She chuckles derisively before exclaiming, “Mephits! Honestly…”

“Idruzi, I do not care one iota about Soheila's reasons. You do whatever you need to do to make her want to sign it. Flatter her and appeal to her vanity, or offer her your services to sweeten the deal. Zjarran authorities typically don’t approve of magical compulsion, but assuming nobody were the wiser, nobody would think it a crime. The important thing is that you come back with a signature.”

Simple tasks, really. A few days work, report back here. Nothing to it. Right? She has the scribe hand you the task note with the 4 tasks along with the contract previously mentioned.

See task note on maps page


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Qalkami sets down her empty glass as she turns towards the door before looking back...

Simple enough? I am amazed at your collective comprehensive skills.
Feel free to finish your drinks before departing. I must excuse myself to handle other important business. I am certain you will not disappoint me.

Assuming no further questions, you are free to depart from her estate and go back to the Embassy or start on one or all four of the tasks.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto shrugs. Good enough for me.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty takes a final glug of wine, before using his dusty and dirty sleeve to wipe the spots of red wine from his chin. "Well thanks Qalkami, a nice spread and decent drink. I guess we'd be off to see Carlin and see what help we can provide." Natty's toothy smile does little to make the feeling any better, "Just give us his address so we can pop round."

He waits a moment before looking at the other pathfinders and says, "OK, ready for that?"

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

"OK guys, shall we!"

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok sets down his empty glass "Thank you, ma'am. I be confident that we will accomplish what you expect of us." Heading at the door he glances others "Me ready if you are"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Qalkami provides the address I maintain a secure hidey-holes and drop points for my agents’ and clients’ use. Her agent Carlin Nestor has taken refuge. Here is the address

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"We won't find out anything further by remaining here. Let's get started!" Idruzi says as he moves toward the door.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

I will use the rule of two - first two people agreeing on an action or destination wins. Remember if you get stuck or have questions, Yasmine is available

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

I guess we start at the top. Carlin Nestor. Umberto blurts out.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

"Let's go to Nestor!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You depart the Effreet's estate and following the directions provided to the hideout of Carlin Nestor.

The address has you approach a lead-lined annex cobbled onto the back of a glass-shaping workshop with a sign "Kelzimak's Glassworks".

A eccentric impish elemental flares with suspicious curiosity as you begin looking for the safehouse and calls out, in a heckling voice, first in Ignan then in broken common.

You there! Yes, you five. You aren't from around here. What do you need? If you are looking to buy one or more pieces of fine curving glassware. This is the place. I can tint with any eclectic combinations of chemical agents available. Top notch. What will it be?

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"We here to meet with Carlin Nestor. You can tell him Qalkami sent us."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Upon Morok's statement, Kelzimak scowls, points to the back of the shop, and loudly exclaims, “Bah! Then I never saw you! I asked no questions!”

Moving past the grumpy mephit, you find the safehouse is a cramped space designed to keep a creature safe, not comfortable. Its corroded iron door is locked, preventing further progress.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi knocks on the door and calls out to Carlin. "We were sent by Qalkami. We're here to help."

Diplomacy if needed:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty takes a look round the back as Idruzi makes their presence known at the front. He half expects that a safe house would have at least some 'security' measures, maybe even a kind of deadly one. After all why enter by the front door, when a tradesman's entrance can be so much easier to gain access.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 or +16 for traps


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Natty does not spot any traps beyond or on the rusty gate.

As Idruzi calls out to convince Carlin to open the gate voluntarily a voice is heard. A male tiefling steps out of the shadow and calls through the gate.

Yes, I am Carlin Nestor. But who are you?

He is dressed in fine but crumpled clothes that complement his light green skin, and his usually well-trimmed beard is becoming scraggly from several days without maintenance.

I must admit, this is most unexpected to learn that Qalkami’s sent you to help me. Come in, come in. he quickly adopts a friendly banter in explaining his version of events and unlocks the gates, with a sigh of relief.

“Among other things I do, I arrange sale of certain ingestibles— alchemicals, potions, or stronger—to a whole load of different places. Everything I deal in is strictly legal here in Zjarra, and I don’t bother concerning myself with where they get taken after a sale, see?

He pauses...
One day, outta nowhere, this walking tin can Grunyar Cragfell shows up, says that some of his friends died from my wares and he’s tracked ‘em back to me, and he means to make me pay. I tell him I ain’t done nothin’ wrong, an’ he doesn’t have any authority here in Zjarra, see, but he won’t hear of it, and tries to arrest me. ‘Cept it’s not really ‘arrest,’ since he ain’t got no authority here; it’s just kidnapping.

Nestor looks to each of you...trying to plead his case.

I defend myself, and he winds up bleeding out. Somehow, local law enforcement finds out, and they’ve been looking for an excuse to take me down for years— not for anything I peddle, but for certain other activities I get up to—so they bring it to trial. They don’t have a leg to stand on, and I wind up getting acquitted. Just when I think it’s all behind me, another tin can—more literally this time—shows up and tries to arrest me for ‘murdering’ this Grunyar fella.”

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi nods at Carlin's explanation. A lot of people seem to end up dead at this man's hands, but his side of the story seems sound enough.

"Do you have any idea where we might find this inevitable that is hunting for you? Qalkami has asked us to persuade it to pursue the law elsewhere."

This guy is a piece of work. Sense Motive in case it adds anything:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Also in case Idruzi might know something about inevitables generally.
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto follows Idruzi's lead. Carlin seems to be the wronged party but you can never know. He's also dealing in some admittedly dark deeds.

Sense Motive aid?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"We will find that person!"
"I hope so."

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Better to be safe than sorry, Morok thinks. Carlin's story seems plausible, but needs close scrutiny just in case.
Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Once we have found this inevitable, how can we deal with him, other than killing him? We need indisputable evidence to convince him." Morok wonders


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Carlin continue, almost happy to keep talking Like Qalkami, I’d prefer to see that tin-can permanently disposed. But shoot, I am happy to let the you try to sweet talk it down instead, if you prefer.

SM DC23:
The way he talks, tiefling appears to pride himself on being an upstanding confidence man, smuggler, and all-purpose get-things-done professional, rarely accepting jobs that require “wetwork” (i.e. murder).
He would REALLY rather the thing destroyed.

He grins.

"Either way" he exclaims "Qalkami has a perfect meeting spot, a warehouse she uses just for this sort of thing. I can spread the word through my underground connections that I’ll be there at a certain time you know... so that's where you can meet the tin-can and get the job done. Right?"

inevitables DC30 4xQs:

Inevitables are construct-like outsiders built by the axiomites to enforce law. All Inevitables have the following traits:
Low-light vision
Constructed (Ex): Although inevitables are living outsiders, their bodies are constructed of physical components, and in many ways they function as constructs. Inevitables count as both outsiders and constructs.
Saves: An inevitable’s good saving throws are Fortitude and Will.
Regeneration (Ex): Inevitables have regeneration/chaotic. The regeneration amount varies by the type of inevitable.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

"What are we waiting for! Let's go!"

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi Spells Prepared:

4th -- Air Walk, Dimension Door (d)
3rd -- Communal Resist Energy, Fly (d), Invisibility Purge, Prayer
2nd -- Align Weapon, Bull's Strength (d), Grace, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy
1st -- Bless, Enlarge Person (d), Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Orisons -- Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize

Idruzi nods. "We have other tasks that Qalkami wishes us to see to as well. How long would it take you to arrange this meeting?"

Otherwise ready to go.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto shrugs. It's always a fight, isn't it. Yeah, let's check it out.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Carlin explains how to reach the warehouse You can't miss it. Just let me know what time you want the meeting. But just don't be late since that's where I’ll lead the zealot tin-can.

He bids you luck with a grin.

***

You reach the small warehouse showing few signs of use. Assuming you enter before the pre-arranged meeting time, you find most of the shelves are bare, with only a few boxes and parcels here and there.

Just need to know the plan. Assume the meeting was scheduled for 10 mins from now. Map updated.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Carlin explains how to reach the warehouse You can't miss it. Just let me know what time you want the meeting. But just don't be late since that's where I’ll lead the zealot tin-can.

He bids you luck with a grin.

***

You reach the small warehouse showing few signs of use. Assuming you enter before the pre-arranged meeting time, you find most of the shelves are bare, with only a few boxes and parcels here and there.

Just need to know the plan. Assume the meeting was scheduled for 10 mins from now. Map updated. Arrange yourselves how you see fit.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 8 | HP 93/93 (117/117 in rage) ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 25| F +12 R +6 W +6; | Init +3 | Perc +11 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 117; Fort +13, Will +8; Str 24, Con 20; CMB +13 (+15bull rush); CMD 25 (27 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 23/23 | Power attack -3/+9 | Active Conditions: None. | rations 12/14

I am ready

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi doesn't have much of a plan. He intends to try to talk to inevitable out of pursuing Carlin and, failing that, to destroy it.

"I do not believe Carlin is guilty of the crime that this creature hunts him for. He is not a good man, and in a better city he would be behind bars. That does not excuse either the first lawman or the second for their trespasses, however."

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"I gonna assist Idruzi trying to convince the tin can first and if he doesn't co-operate I block his exit while hitting hard." the half-orc winks, looking bit more nervous "Haven't dealt with tin can thingies before. If things go bad and he escapes, you know he's gonna bring his buddies after us."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"I know it's a stupid question, but if this is just a tin can, why didn't you just dispose of it, so the problem would go away. I mean surely you can't be tried twice for the same offence." and afte a moment he adds quietly in a sideways whisper to Carlin, "I mean did you kill Grunyar?"

51 to 100 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.