Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

maps

8-09
8-11


101 to 150 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

Carlin does not respond to Natty's question directly.

Who me? I am innocent. I told you already.

***

As you are milling about the warehouse waiting, at precisely the time you provided Carlin, there is a knock...well a banging at the door, and the jingle of armor or some loose metal.

Carlin! Carlin Nestor!

After the second knock, the bang brings the door crashing in with a cloud of dust.

I am Tavar, representative...Tavar. I am an officer officer of officer the law and I Tavar demand “the fugitive Carlin Nestor” be handed over immediately.
He is to be taken to Heaven to face justice justice face justice for the unjust murder of Grunyar Cragfell. Tavar. Taken. Carlin. Now!

The voice is quite impatient, and something does not seem quite right with it.

As the dust settles you see a creature with the metal body of a man and golden metal lower torso of a mechanical horse. Gold clockwork wings sprout from its back, and its arms end in barbed chains.

It emits a horrible grinding noise accompanied by a shower of sparks from its head.

Surrender!

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman takes his sword out.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok keeps his axehand behind back to appear less threatening at first.

So Idruzi rolls Diplomacy to talk to him? Im giving aid.
diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
He shouts at Tavar "Back off, officer! Your don't have any legal authority to arrest in here and even fugitives have some rights, don't they? We want to see proof that Grunyar is actually DEAD as you claim! Then we can talk!

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi Spells Prepared:

4th -- Air Walk, Dimension Door (d)
3rd -- Communal Resist Energy, Fly (d), Invisibility Purge, Prayer
2nd -- Align Weapon, Bull's Strength (d), Grace, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy
1st -- Bless, Enlarge Person (d), Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Orisons -- Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize

Given the state of this inevitable I'm less confident that this will work, but we might as well stick with the plan.

Idruzi steps forward to face the inevitable. "I am Idruzi Zarshai, acting on behalf of Carlin Nestor to intercede with Tavar. Defendant claims that agent Tavar is pursuing him based on charges of which he has been fully cleared. If so, agent Tavar is acting in a lawless and chaotic manner inconsistent with the law of this jurisdiction. How do you respond?"

Diplomacy with Morok Aid: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31

If we had any time to act while this thing was beating down the door, I'd like to have Idruzi cast Shield of Faith on himself, raising his AC to 27 (26 flat-footed). Idruzi does not have his weapon drawn.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto takes a sip from his tankard, a spicy saison he likes to imbibe before mixing it up. And you don't want to be inconsistent, friend.

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Forged Map | Rebels Map

There was plenty of time prior to the knocking, but there was not really time between the knock and the door breaking open.

The inevitable stops with the challenge by Idruzi.

How do I respond? How do I...I respond. Fact: Carlin Nestor is a known criminal and smuggler. Fact: Grunyar Cragfell is dead. Fact: Carlin Nestor is a fugitive. He he he shall be brought to justice. Why do you protect this this criminal? Make your case or release him to me for trial in Heaven!

Tavor waits for a response outside the door. The diplomacy check gets him to parley and 1 point to your case.
However, 2 strong arguments or proofs are needed to convince him to back down. Using other (non-diplomacy) knowledges(planes, local, engineering, ), ability/skills or profession barrister. Be creative!

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto tries to recall the "facts" of the case, of which there are few. Nestor was acquitted of charges. The connection between Nestor and Cragfell was spurious at best. Hardly a case. What is your interest in this matter? What were you to Cragfell?

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok's patience seems to be wearing thin as he speaks "Me thinks Cragfell's death is likely to be unrelated to the incident between him and Nestor. Just because he has a criminal past, it doesn't prove he caused his death, let alone murdered him. I mean, old crimes don't make him guilty of other, unsolved crimes and you should know that."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"Carlin Nestor is not a fugitive. He was cleared of this crime in the relevant jurisdiction, according to the laws of the Zjarra. Your assessment of the case law is in error."

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Idruzi doesn't have any other trained skills that were called out. I'll wait to see if anyone else has a check to throw in before I start trying to get creative.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Tavar looks at Morok and Umberto with disinterest

”Your arguments need proof to back them proof to back them.“

As idruzi speaks his demeanor changes slightly.

”It is true I do not represent factions on Zjarra. I was called from those outraged by the slaying of Cragfall. I will have to validate your claim on jurisdictional precedent in this matter. Validate this matter. You are still defending a criminal of many crimes. “

point two conceded...

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"You can't trial the man for the same crime 2 time."

INT: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

My options here are limited as I don't bluffing or intimidating good idea
Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
"He lives his life in Zjarra not in Heaven, so his trial should also be in Zjarra. But, as said earlier, he was aquitted. If you want to accuse him of smuggling, then present your evidence now!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Tavar says to Taman Technically that is true in jurisdictions with laws forbidding double jeopardy. Double jeopardy may not apply in this case in this case because, in effect, Carlin's first trial ended on a technicality. So re-trial of the same case could be possible.

Turning to Morok. Yes, yes, yes. I have conceded that point will need to be researched, will need more research on jurisdictional precedent. he nods towards Idruzi.

Kn: planes for the jurisdiction is covered by the prior kn:planes roll

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Since we're running out of options, I'm thinking that this party's best bet might be an Intimidate check. We could point out Taman's broken condition and suggest that he is malfunctioning and unable to pursue his duties, or something like that. Idruzi isn't good at intimidation, but he can try to assist if someone wants to try it (Morok)?

Assist Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 - or not

I looked around at the party's character sheets and I think I also saw some Knowledge (local) and Knowledge (engineering) skills, though they weren't very high.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Leave us and go away or you will face the consequences!"

intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

I agree, intimidate was my last resort against him too, (please help)

intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 includes +2 from cavalier order skill bonus
Morok's voice takes very serious and demanding tone as he steps closer to inevitable "It is now obvious to us that you, Tavar, are not functioning well enough to serve as an officer of law. Your mind is so broken that we cannot trust your investigation to be unbiased. You must immediately cease pursuing Carlin Nestor or we are forced to report you unprofessional conduct to your superiors!"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Broken? Umberto takes a closer look.

kn engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"Tavar old chap, you haven't presented any proof yourself on how Cragfall died, if he was murdered or not. After all it could just have been a terrible mishap, I mean did you know that on the plane of water, there is an incredible delicacy 'The groaning carp' a fish with a delicate taste, that if prepared in the wrong way could poison the most healthy giant in less than a minute. Now I have prepared that fish many times and no-one has suffered, but there is always the possibility one day I could by accident... you know!" the half-orc says earnestly. "So can you honestly say the Cragfall was murdered and die due to some dreadful accident?"

Profession(cook) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lol - I love the profession cook roll. I will accept the intimidate and the threat to turn him over to his superiors though. It was the wording that wins the day, otherwise he was about to drop chains.

Very well. I will seek repairs and return with more with more evidence. You are harboring a known felon and fugitive. It is a disgrace. Fish? Fish? Fish? Go fish. Accomplices.

He turns away, dejected and muttering to him self as the sound of gears grinding emits from his skull and the occasional spark.

Do you do anything else in the warehouse? Wait for Tavar to get out of sight? Return to Nestor? Seek Yasmine's advice, Proceed to the next on the list?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi waits for Tavar to get out of sight before turning to Carlin.

"That might not be a permanent solution, but killing it might have just pulled more heat down on all of our heads. Maybe when that thing is fixed it will learn to seek out public records instead of going vigilante. In any case, you're free for now."

I wouldn't mind consulting Yasmine before we proceed with the rest of the list. Any additional information she can provide might help us out.

I hate to say 'loot the warehouse' but the way GM asked the question is tickling my paranoia about missing treasure...

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok waits few minutes to be sure the inevitable is gone for good. "Good. We can return to Nestor now, guys."

Back at the safehouse he boastfully recounts details of confrontation to Carlin. "Thanks to our conciliatory and patient conversation with Tavar you should be safe now. Broken tin cans tend to attract unwanted attention as Idruzi just said.

I don't expect there to be anything noteworthy at the warehouse, but no harm checking.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto waits until the coast is clear. He'll go poke around the warehouse to make sure there is nothing of probative value or any witnesses for the exchange.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty puts his arm around Carlin's shoulders and talks into his face with his unkempt hair and rather fishy breath, (from years cooking fish in a greasy cafe, not so much 'The Groaning Carp', but it's in a chef's cook book.) "Now look Carlin, we put our lives on the line for you, luckily we got some sweet talkers that avoided fisty cuffs with that tin pot. Now I'm sure that you know where in this warehouse we might find a little reward to keep us going now you're kind of safe again. You know, if you have anything that might help us when we encounter someone with a bit of a gripe against us, when sweet words don't win the day. Any help you can give, gratefully recieved." He grins at Carlin, squeezing his shoulder tight in a friendly way, giving Carlin some reassurance. "Cos soon, we'll be off on other business."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Actually Carlin Nestor did not join you in the warehouse, but gave you directions where he would lead the inevitable. He did not want to be anywhere close when the tin-can arrived.

Umberto pokes around in the warehouse for a couple minutes and finds a loose floor tile.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto takes up the tile.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Inside the space beneath the tile, he finds a pair of fine boots and a note written in some strange language.

Idruzi is able to interpret the note as Ignan:
For emergencies only.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi is not a spellcraft sort, so he can't help identify the boots. If we only need to discover the boots to get our gold for the encounter, I'm fine with leaving them there. The boots are probably owned by thieves and were probably stolen in the first place, but we don't know that. If someone in the group nicks them, he isn't inclined to complain though.

"Well, that's one request completed. Should we head over to see Yasmine again? It'd be interesting to hear what she has to say about all of this."

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Let's go to Yasmine!" Taman agrees with Idruzi.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Umberto looks over the boots but can't make heads or tails of it. He'll bring them along in any case. He nods at Taman and Idruzi and follows them out.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"All right, we go and meet with Yasmine." Morok shrugs and follows.


Female Human Zamara

Umberto stows the magical boots and the party makes their way back to the Keleshite Embassy to visit Yasmine.

Welcome, Pathfinders. I pray your mission is going well. Are you here seeking advice or directions or can I arrange a purchase or two for you?

She pauses smiling patiently, then shows a look of concern.

I hope Qalkami did not assign you unethical tasks, did she?
Well, if she did and you want to discuss any situations about which you are unsure, I am happy to provide what counsel I can.


Female Human Zamara

Come now. You can tell me. What have you done?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto comes forward, We've provided Carlin Nestor with a stay of execution, it seems. There was a dispute over the jurisdiction Carlin's acquittal took place in. His predator seemed to be malfunctioning, however, and we convinced it to look elsewhere for now.


Female Human Zamara

”Ah Yes. I am very familiar with
Carlin, whose trial over the death of Grunyar Cragfell was
rather public. The trial is widely regarded as
a disgrace, as Carlin was found innocent on a technicality. Carlin
May reveal incriminating information, which I can involve local
law enforcement and ensure he faces justice. Remember
You are only obligated to protect him from
the inevitable that was after him, not other threats or justice on other crimes committed. You did well not to escalate with the outsider.

She pauses for questions

”What else is there on the list? Anything I can assist?“

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Meant to respond yesterday but it was busy...

"Yes, Qalkami told us of two other matters. First, she wants us to visit a local mephit name Malini that runs the Eye of Flame shop in town to recover her family imp, Vassago. She claims that Vassago's services were extended to Malini on a loan but that the imp has not been returned to her despite the expiration of the agreement."

"She also wants us to pressure a water naga merchant named Soheila into finalizing a deal with her. Qalkami claims that the terms have been finalized but that Soheila continues to delay on signing a contract."


Female Human Zamara

Yasmine listens to the two additional tasks and then emits a soft sigh.

Interesting. I am acquainted with Malini, the mephit but I am a little surprised to hear that Malini had a pact with someone like Qalkami. I must caution you there must be more to this than Qalkami is telling you.

She pauses to think.

I urge you to speak with Malini about it. There is some connection I do not see.

Yasmine then shifts and puts a finger on her chin, again concentrating.

May I see the contract Qalkami gave you? I would almost guarantee there is some loophole to be leveraged.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"The Soheila's contract? Do you have it, Umberto? Or did Qalkami give it tot Idruzi?"

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

I didn't remember getting a physical contract from her, but I guess we would've had to have papers if we wanted to get them signed. I'll assume that Idruzi has them I guess.

"Certainly. Here are the papers."


Female Human Zamara
Quote:

Simple tasks, really. A few days work, report back here. Nothing to it. Right? She has the scribe hand you the task note with the 4 tasks along with the contract previously mentioned.

Yasmine accepts the contract from Idruzi and unrolls the long vellum scroll full of legalese.

Yes, yes. Very interesting. Standard language for such a contract. I am certain we can find some proviso to our advantage.

She points and looks for a face in the group who seems to be following her line of reasoning.

You all are able to read contracts, correct?

DC22 Linguistics or profession Barrister DC18 INT or WIS:

You identify a proviso that prohibits the naga from selling water to anyone else on the Plane of Fire, with massive fines (paid to Qalkami) for each violation.
PCs interested in subverting this task can remove the loophole from the contract by simply crossing out the clause and having Soheila initial the change.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto looks around a bit embarrassed, I can read....

Wis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Huh, looks simple enough. We just cross out this proviso that makes a very specific prohibition.

Please read the spoiler as Umberto explains the legalese.


Female Human Zamara

Excellent deduction. So which task are you going to attempt first? Yasmine asks and is able to provide directions to either spot as needed.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"My choice is to go first to Malini the mephit, but whatever me happy as long as we don't needlessly waste time on getting to our next task."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Just need a 2nd...

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto pats Morok on the back. A fine a choice as any.

Seconded


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Yasmine nods. Very well, here are the directions to the magic shop you seek...good luck she hands you a crude map with an address.

***

You find the two-story rectangular building of gray stone standing between a salamander scale-groom’s shop (specializing in the care and cosmetics of scaly creatures) and an ifrit’s copper wholesale office.

Hanging above the Eye of Magic’s door is a beaten brass sign stamped with a fiery eye and the phrase “Magic Shop” in several languages.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"Ooh nice, the magic shop, always good for browsing." the half-orc declares. "I'd best go in after you guys, don't want to draw attention to meself, whilst you lot have a little chat." He scans the door for traps or other locking mechanisms, Hate to get caught in a shop, whilst there is no exit, all sorts of accusations can be thrown and conflagrations flare up unexpectedly.

Takes a 10 for 26 on detecting traps.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi enters the shop to look around. If greeted by a shopkeeper immediately, he'll introduce himself in Ignan. Otherwise he browses for a short time before calling out to the shopkeeper in the same language.

While we're at it, Idruzi will check prices at the store. If they are book rates, he might be interested in buying something.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman follows others in the shop and looks around.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Forged Map | Rebels Map

No traps are detected on the front door.

As some of you enter the building, you spot a long wooden table featuring a variety of wares stands in the center of this room.

Included are special inks, pens, and parchment; neatly laid rows of vials containing green and red liquids; as well as a variety of other knick-knacks. Tall shelves laden with bottled reagents stand along the walls and nearly scrape the twenty-foot ceiling.

You perceive a set of stairs opposite the main entrance leads up to the floor above. Two constructs at opposite ends of the room keep silent watch.

You are noticed by a small female humanoid creature with thin, leathery wings, small horns, and a wry smile.

Greetings and welcome. I am Malini, what brings you to my shop?

She seems friendly as she sets aside whatever work she was doing.

She launches into a sales pitch If you are interested in magic wares, I have the best in the city. Many of which resist burning or are kept in heat-resistant containers, which I am sure you all can appreciate back home. Where did you say you were from again?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"Greetings, Malini. I am Idruzi Zarshai, hailing from Golarion. My companions and I hail from Golarion and we have come to Zjarra for a mission. I would indeed like to inspect your wares, but we should also be direct. Part of the reason we have come to your shop is at the behest of Qalkami. She says that she extended the service of her imp to you on a loan, and that although the loan has expired Vassago has not been returned to her. Can you tell us why?"

101 to 150 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.