Time Bandits

Game Master Monkeygod


51 to 100 of 682 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • "One wild cider, I suppose." After all, it would be rude to resist and his brain mass could suffer one drink. A serving of fruit wouldnt hurt.

    scrivener actually looks like this currently rather than a brain in a jar. but there is a brain iside.


    Raising his hands, linked together with a big - and clearly magical - mithral chain, Gabriel negates with his head. "Thank you, but I wouldn't be able to drink anyway."

    Both his guards stay silent, ready and on duty.


    Hercules had sat quiet for a bit looking upon others as they came.

    They are all beneath me. Not sure they would do little more than a moment distraction against the Amazon's. I will find better suited allies else where.

    A moment later he vanished shifting planes going back to his Earth.


    male undead Gunslinger(pistolero)/Inquisitor(sanctified slayer, preacher)/Sorcerer

    Jonah watches the others with some amusement, but waves off the serving woman when asked for a drink order. not much point in an undead trying to get drunk. he doesn't say much yet to keep from giving away that he wasn't actually the intended recipient of the note, but he is surprised to see that the others don't know why they are here either.


    Male Judow (Living Experiment) | Legendary Fighter 9 and Warder 1 / Hedgewitch 10 / Cryptic 10

    Nikolsi looks at the exuberant goblin. Liar's Dice, eh? Can't say I'm familiar. Why don't you explain the rules and I'll finish this drink?


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Noting the shackles on Gabriel and his pair of guards, the fae woman sighs a bit dramatically. "Oh dear, this won't do. Begone." She flicks her hand dismissively at the guards who vanish, and Gabriel's restraints follow suit.

    She turns her attention back the assembled group. "Shall I get any one else a drink? Or something to eat? We have a fully stocked kitchen specializing in dishes from across the multiverse."


    F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

    Nephre snorts as the 'Hercules' man disappears. He seemed all talk.

    She ignores the talk of games, not interested in any that don't have the possibility of drawing blood. She focuses instead on the 'hostess'. Making people vanish like that wasn't your everyday magic. Did she have something to do with them all being here?

    "I'd take a nice plate of answers, if you've got any," Nephre responds. "Especially if any of them are about why we're here."


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Dymer sighs in disappointment at the lack of interest, but advises the fae girl "Let's say thirty six-sided dice and the pepper whiskey for me." Waiting for his drink and the dice, Dymer turns to Nikolsi and begins explaining the rules using Golarion Common, to make sure as many people can understand as possible.

    Rules for Liar's Dice, in case anybody is actually curious:

    Five dice are used per player with dice cups used for concealment.

    Each round, each player rolls a "hand" of dice under their cup and looks at their hand while keeping it concealed from the other players. The first player begins bidding, announcing any face value and the minimum number of dice that the player believes are showing that value, under all of the cups in the game. Ones are often wild, always counting as the face of the current bid.

    Turns rotate among the players in a clockwise order. Each player has two choices during their turn: to make a higher bid, or challenge the previous bid—typically with a call of "liar". Raising the bid means either increasing the quantity, or the face value, or both, according to the specific bidding rules used. There are many variants of allowed and disallowed bids; common bidding variants, given a previous bid of an arbitrary quantity and face value, include:

    the player may bid a higher quantity of any particular face, or the same quantity of a higher face (allowing a player to "re-assert" a face value they believe prevalent if another player increased the face value on their bid);
    the player may bid a higher quantity of the same face, or any particular quantity of a higher face (allowing a player to "reset" the quantity);
    the player may bid a higher quantity of the same face or the same quantity of a higher face (the most restrictive; a reduction in either face value or quantity is never allowed).
    If the current player challenges the previous bid, all dice are revealed. If the bid is valid (at least as many of the face value and any wild aces are showing as were bid), the bidder wins. Otherwise, the challenger wins. The player who loses a round loses one of their dice. The last player to still retain a die (or dice) is the winner. The loser of the last round starts the bidding on the next round. If the loser of the last round was eliminated, the next player starts the new round.

    Dark Archive

    Bloodrager/U.Rogue//Alchemist(sapper)//Magus (Eldritch Archer)

    The memories of the first time Thirteen and he had played this game were sweet. They made a fat pot that night, even if they had to flee the gambling den at the end of it. The human shaped goblin managed to slip out and come back to a seat before anyone paid him any mind.

    ”This game is a joy to pick up. We’ll be happy to show any interested hands how these bones are rolled. I think it’s safe to play a match without any coin first. It’s a game of cunning and bluff, so only the brightest and bravest among you will keep your seats.”

    Ozzie pulled out a bag of dice and some cheap cups pushing both across the table towards his kin. ”First thing to know, is that we’ll have Dymer start. If you run out of dice, you’re out. Aces, snake eyes, unos on the dice, whatever you want to call em, are both high and wild, higher even than a six.”
    The man-goblin looked to each face as a few more people sat down
    ”We go around, one by one raising, either the pips, the number of dice or both. You’re bald face lying that you think you know how many of your favorite dice faces are hiding under ever dirty mug. We keep doing that until someone calls your guess. Depending on if they’re right, one of you loses a dice until you’re all out.”

    Switching for a moment to call for some fresh Raktavian worms, Ozzie returned his attention and asked ”So, who’s in?”


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    Lehkazeran hadn't planned on eating, but with an offer such as that, he could easily tell himself the meal was fair payment for his time.

    With a glance at the dice enthusiasts, he turns to the server and requests a young goat. "Still kicking, if you can. I prefer to do the killing myself."


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Dymer nods along as Ozzie distributes the dice and explains the rules. "One addendum, if you raise the number of dice, you get to choose the pips count. So for example, I could call two threes - which means that out of all dice in play, I am betting that there are at least two threes showing - and the next person can choose to challenge me thinking that my bet is too high, or they can raise. If they choose not to raise the number of dice, they can raise the pips instead calling two fours, fives, or sixes. If they choose to raise the dice, they can choose the pips of their bet, such as three or more twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes. So, I'll start, Ozzie will go next, and you, my friend indicating Nikolsi will continue the circle."
    I pictured sitting on Nikolsi's right originally, and then Ozzie pulling up to my right, so if anybody else joins in, just indicate to Ozzie's right or Nikolsi's left and we'll assume that we make room or pull up a table.

    Dymer gathers the dice into his cup, covered by his hand and gives them a good rattle before slamming the hidden dice onto the table. Using both hands to prevent anybody else seeing the dice as he raises the cup to see his own dice, Dymer takes a quick glance before calling out...

    Dymer's dice:

    5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 2, 5) = 15

    "Three fives."
    Should we do bluff vs Sense Motive checks at all for something like this?


    Gabriel is not really interested in playing or drinking. Not that he doesn't like it, but more that he's too focused on what is he here for to be able to pay attention to anything else.

    He is, however, surprised by the sudden disappearance of the guards and the shackles. "Wow, thanks." Someone who can do that must be powerful, or maybe it's because they are all in her Realm. Who knows. But Gabriel, even if he could escape, is now more curious than ever.


    The man with the cane grins at the face woman, though is also keeping an eye on the newly freed prisoner "I'll have a glass of what ever j strongest" his voice was a bit raspy. Looking around at them she figured it was likely they'd all received invitations as well. I have to say, your all an odd assembly of folks from all over-what brings you here?" je does eye the game of dice, thpugh waits for an invitation before playing


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • "Invitation and subsequent curiosity. I take it you were also invited?"


    Now able to freely move, roam and speak, Gabriel feels more inclined to social interactions, specifically those that might shed some light to the questions everyone seem to have.

    "I was offered a status improvement in exchange for... Well, I still don't know in exchange of what. I'm supposed to discover it in a bit."


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • "Our particular services are needed. I wonder to what services they refer."


    Female Advanced Human Zealot 10 // Rajah 10 // Antipaladin (Insinuator) 2 / Incantor 7 / Oracle 1 HP:209/209 AC 39, t 30, ff 27 Perception +17, Init +19, F+18, R+17, W+20, +2 vs death, roll twice vs mind-effecting

    The countess sips lightly on her glass of wine.

    "I do enjoy games, but prefer ones that are less reliant upon chance, thank you for the invite anyway.

    As for our particular services, hmm much remains to be seen."

    The countess concentrates once again and adds Lehkazeran to her collective.

    "Now, you can communicate with the Dr. and I like this. It will be best to ensure that we have allies, should something violent occur. Though it seems less likely without the loud brash one."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Dymer scoffs at the apparently-highborn woman and eyes over her minions, "Not all games involving dice are games of chance, sweet cheeks. You can learn a lot about a person from a game of Liar's Dice. But, suit yourself."

    Dark Archive

    Bloodrager/U.Rogue//Alchemist(sapper)//Magus (Eldritch Archer)

    An off handed remark trails the leaving woman "You need a bit of kefi so you can relax. This game is like fighting in quick sand. You're never certain exactly how much the ground will give way. Fear is death. You need to watch both your opponent's feet and sword. If you're conniving, you can walk away while he gets pulled under. Don't discount it."

    Looking around, there were several watchers, but only one had the heart to sit. It was time to prime the pump. Loudly, "All are welcome, but take your seat quickly, for the next match. We can hold as many seats as you can find."

    2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

    The first game was mostly a show. The moves were slow and casual. Split between just the three of them , the game seemed simple. Everyone lost a few dice to start. Their third wheel happened on an unlucky streak and overplayed. The final few rounds between Dymer and Ozzie were close, but over quickly. The third seat opened, as someone called for drinks.

    The small bowl of worms arrived, looking positively scrumptious at least to the human shaped goblin. The wriggling suckers resembled earthworms, but with a sucker and rows of minuscule teeth. They were coated with a light oil and seasoning. Although most ranged between orange and brown, Ozzie apparently spotted a blood red male and expertly fished it into his mouth


    Vala in disguise merely shrugged "I might just be a regular with a bad leg exo comes here from time to time to drown his sorrows. Or maybe I'm the fastest woman alive in disguise tryin fp figure out dinvaya's going on. I will say, I'm not used to this place being so crowded. What sort of services?"


    Male Elan (sort of) Highlord 10 | Psion 10 | Insinuator 9/Monk 1 tristalt

    Karnak looks around at the scene of slaughter around him and shakes the blood from his claws. Putting down this rebellion is not going as well as he had hoped; this batch of peasant fools has been dispatched, but his ranks of minions hare depleted. He's long since run out of the truly loyal, left with only those weak minds he can seize control of from day to day.

    "At this rate, I'll depopulate the capital before these idiotic fools get the message and return to my thrall... if they don't get lucky first." Not a pleasant thought.

    Suddenly, he notices something; an envelope, laying on top of one of the bodies, inexplicably clean and looking entirely out of place.

    "Someone dares summon me, Karnak, like a common mercenary? Well, Hyraeytan is always an interesting city... and perhaps a temporary retreat from my kingdom would not be the worst decision at the moment. Very well. I shall accept this this thoughtful invitation."

    He uses the token and steps through the gateway. A short time later, he steps into the tavern with his newest thralls, a pair of guardsmen who were unfortunate enough to try and offer help to a lost-looking stranger in town. He is a tall, lean man, with a set of gems embedded in his forehead, and eyes that miss little while holding a constant disdainful expression. He wears black and green robes that are richly made, but stained with blood and dust. Those with magical or psionic vision can see emerald chains stretching from his cranium and wrapping around the necks of the two guards.

    The assembled set of rogues and miscreants is... both unusual, and impressive, even by his standards. Not that he lets it show.

    "Innkeeper, I shall require a room with a bath, and then a hot meal. These gentlemen shall hold my table until I return."

    A surprisingly short time later, he returns, the grime of battle removed from his body and clothing, and finds that even more people have arrived. He settles down at a table near the dice game and observes with feigned interest, while actually watching the currents of power in the room.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39 Getting a hunch about a social situation.


    Sir Morien wades through a sea of blood – the blood of the kobolds of Candlestone Caverns. Hundreds lay at his feet. Torn to shreds, dismembered, drained, their bones and spirits broken, the kobolds proved powerless in the face of the Star of Gozreh. And yet, the rage inside him burns brighter than ever as he guides his undead griffon into the air.

    Now, it is time to make them pay for what they have done to me, he decides, full of self-hatred and self-pity. He guides his putrid steed toward the highest peak of the Aspodell Mountains, in the near distance. In the clouds, hidden away in an ancient crater that has for millennia been the home of wild griffons, the Shining Knights wait for him in Whitestone Keep.

    As he flies into the caldera, he marvels – as he always does – at the verdant beauty of this natural wonder. But the wild griffons shy away from him as he arrives, and the rich vegetation recoils when he lands. I should not be here, he reminds himself.

    The Shining Knights look down at him from the battlements. A terrified boy steps out through the wicket gate to greets him as he dismounts. The boy hands him a letter and runs off.

    ”What is this?” Sir Morien asks no one, surprised. It is literally inconceivable that anyone should send him an invitation and yet, here it is. He looks up at the knights with murder on the mind, and then he pauses. Perhaps I should deal with this summons first, he considers. Then, he activates the token and disappears.

    ***

    Careful to conceal his hideous appearance beneath his black hooded cloak, Sir Morien limps into the Crossing House tavern. Discreetly, he finds a spot by the fire and waits…


    Male Advanced Human Mageknight (Martial) 10 / Barbarian (Berserker) 10 / Unchained Rogue (Bruiser) 10

    The tiny man wrinkles his nose as more newcomers arrive. He reaches into his breast pocket, removes a handkerchief, and holds it over his mouth and nose.

    Good gravy! You'd think they'd at least wash the blood and viscera off their clothes before coming inside...


    Female Endless Dead Oracle (Juju, PAP39/PZO9039) 5/Agent of the Grave 5, Magus 10 (Eldritch Scion, Verdant), Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 10

    Noctia lay relaxing in her little tree "home", it was more like a watched prison, she was half-asleep on the sofa, when Robin came in with mail.
    "It's another death threat from the priests of Pharasma, isn't it?" she asks
    Robin then handed her the letter, she took it out, and reads it. After a few seconds of thought she says her goodbyes to Robin and uses the coin.
    A short time later she also arrives at the tavern, taking care to hide the worst of her features. she then scans the room with her deathwatch eyes, and sees a surprising amount of undead in the tavern, she then goes over to the two goblins, and inspects the table they are at.


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    Lehkazeran mentally acknowledges the Countess's collective, greeting her and the Doctor formally as suits there stations.

    "Very Wise...A group like this is unpredictable, especially with so few of them from Hyraeatan. I would be surprised if they understood the rules followed here. The brash one you mention, he seemed particularly dangerous. If he hadn't left, I might be draining him as we speak..."

    "I will say, Countess, that I am surprised you didn't take the opportunity to best these visitors at their dice game..."


    Sensing that his presence makes some uncomfortable, Sir Morien alters his appearance beneath his cloak and masks his aura. Pulling down his hood, he reveals himself to be a very handsome man with an engaging smile and pleasant manners.

    He scans the room, evaluating the eclectic group that has gathered in this odd place. Have they all been summoned here like I was? he wonders.

    Use Hat of Disguise and cast Undetectable Alignment.


    Female Advanced Human Zealot 10 // Rajah 10 // Antipaladin (Insinuator) 2 / Incantor 7 / Oracle 1 HP:209/209 AC 39, t 30, ff 27 Perception +17, Init +19, F+18, R+17, W+20, +2 vs death, roll twice vs mind-effecting

    Mentally replying to Lehkazeran.

    "It nearly pains me to sit out a game, but I am trying to assess the others here without revealing much about myself. There are still too many unknowns. We do not know with whom we will be working and how loyal our companions might be."


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    About three games into Liar's Dice, there's suddenly a commotion by the stairs that lead to the rooms above. A tall, leanly muscular man bereft of any hair whatsoever, descends the stairs. Clad in black and gold armor, there is a massive golden greatsword strapped to his back. Of course, the thing you probably notice most are the pair of large white angel wings. Clearly, he is of celestial origins.

    Spotting the group of motley villains, he smiles and says in a deep, booming voice. "Ah, I see you got my invitation. Greetings, and welcome to the Crossing House."

    PCs who hail from Hyraetan, or who have spent at least five years within the city can make a Local check.


    Sir Morien stands and studies their host...

    Detect Good, Detect Undead, Detect Magic
    Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

    Dark Archive

    Bloodrager/U.Rogue//Alchemist(sapper)//Magus (Eldritch Archer)

    Ozzie resigned his dice. There was more interesting things afoot, and he needed to pay attention.

    "Ostentatious much?" Somehow the stranger had managed to show a lot of gold and still look somewhat plain, or at least his garb did.

    Several of the patrons showed calculated flashes of wealth and weapons. It was a common way to warn off unwanted attention and advertise skill or status. This stranger clearly cared for neither. It spoke of entitlement and self assurance, like a royal on their wedding day entering a thieves den.

    Ozzie wouldn't know


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • local: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24

    Scrivener turns to regard the newcomer.

    great start to my dice rolling!!


    Female Endless Dead Oracle (Juju, PAP39/PZO9039) 5/Agent of the Grave 5, Magus 10 (Eldritch Scion, Verdant), Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 10

    Noctia studies the angel-like figure, and merely nods to acknowledge the fact that he is her employer
    Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
    well then, much better than i was expecting, hopefully a sign of my dice rolling the rest of the game, :)


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Dymer turns his stool to have a better view of their supposed host, taking in the apparent physical form with a grain of salt.
    Cast Detect Magic, 60 ft cone from Dymer to the angelic-looking figure
    Kn(Arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41 to identify the aura he emanates, if any; supposed to be a different roll for each aura, so tell me how many there are and I'll roll again for the rest.

    While surreptitiously gathering information about the newcomer, Dymer stands on the stool to gain his attention, and with a very elaborate bow, greets their host in return "I can only truly speak for myself, but I believe we all thank you for inviting us here today. My name is Dymer, but if you've sent the invitations, you obviously know who we are. You, however, have some of us at a disadvantage. Do we get to know who we are working for?"


    male undead Gunslinger(pistolero)/Inquisitor(sanctified slayer, preacher)/Sorcerer

    Jonah crosses his arms, hiding a smile as half of the room suddenly starts casting detection spells on the newcomer.
    Amateurs. someone is going to get stabbed casting spells that openly. what would happen if he didn't immediately realize they were only trying to check out his magical items?

    For his part, Jonah keeps quite, still not knowing how much he was supposed to know about this invitation meant for another man with his face.


    Kn Local: 1d20 + 7 + 1d8 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (2) = 27


    F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

    Nephre narrows her eyes. This... wasn't the sort of fellow she'd imagined summoning a group like this. For once she actually held her tongue, but only because her question had already been asked.


    Male Advanced Human Mageknight (Martial) 10 / Barbarian (Berserker) 10 / Unchained Rogue (Bruiser) 10

    Since he had a dramatic makeover...

    You see a male human with slicked sandy blond hair and a clean-shaven face. His eyes are a deep blue, with small flecks of silver near the iris. His skin is fair and pale, with high cheek bones and a strong jaw, but criss-crossed with numerous scars. He is dressed in simple jerkin, trousers, and boots. He wears a dagger at his hip.

    "Rattlebones." The woodsman nods to the angel. "What's yer name?'


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    Lehkazeran watched the angelic figure with cautious eyes. Holding his tongue, he waited impatiently for responses to the many questions asked of their host, continuing to pick at the bones of the goat he'd eaten somewhere in the middle of the second game of dice.


    Male Judow (Living Experiment) | Legendary Fighter 9 and Warder 1 / Hedgewitch 10 / Cryptic 10

    Nikolsi draws his attention away from the game, leaning back with his drink. This, then, was the being who knew more about Nikolsi than he ought to. Keeping quiet and waiting to see how things developed, as were several other members, Nikolsi kept his patience. He had no idea who this person was, and could not even guess as to the meaning of his position... But he was dressed for war, and had assembled a group of dangerous and not very law abiding beings, so something fun was definitely in the offing.


    Female Advanced Human Zealot 10 // Rajah 10 // Antipaladin (Insinuator) 2 / Incantor 7 / Oracle 1 HP:209/209 AC 39, t 30, ff 27 Perception +17, Init +19, F+18, R+17, W+20, +2 vs death, roll twice vs mind-effecting

    The Countess inclines her head slightly towards their host.

    "Dr, and Dragon, do either of you know of this individual? You have both been in the city longer than I."

    Been in the city less than 5 years, so no roll from me.


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Sir Morien:

    Your host does not detect as undead, but due to the incredibly overwhelming aura of both good and magic about them, you are blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds. It is literally painful to look at them with your magic enhanced sight.

    Noctia:
    Your roll will be relevant a little later.

    Thirteen:

    Due to the incredibly overwhelming aura of magic about your host, you are blinded for 1d2 ⇒ 2 rounds. It is literally painful to look at them via your enhanced sight.

    Local DC 25:
    Your host is a member of the Foreseen Parity. They are known as protectors of the timelines, guides of the winds of fate, and interplanar custodians.


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    So there was definitely supposed to be a bluff check in my previous post to conceal my spell casting, but apparently I was walking out the door to work too fast and never hit submit. Oops. Oh well.

    Dymer blinks his eyes and tries not to let on exactly how much of an effect the creature's aura had on Detect Magic but otherwise waits patiently both for an answer to the question and for the blindness to pass.

    Lol Lehk. "The many questions asked of their host" ... Only Rattlebones and I have said anything to him at all so far.


    NE Male Human | HP 134/208 | AC 12 (FF 10) | DR 6/- | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perception +13 | 75% chance to negate crits and snk attk |

    Kn Local: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

    Our host is a member of the Foreseen Parity. They are known as protectors of the timelines and guides of the winds of fate. Basically, interplanar custodians.

    Dr. Craven adjusts his spectacles as he look on the revealed host. Now that adds up. Who would be the most interested in knowing everything about this lot? A celestial. Huh, neat, he thinks to himself. After the others have said their initial reactions, the 'doctor' smiles a wry smile and gives a loud, slow clap. "So," he starts bemused, "What's the carrot? And what's the stick? That's it right? You've brought the 'scum and villainy' to your, bigger on the inside, haberdashery. What now?"

    A short moment after asking this question the unendingly scarred face of the 'doctor' contorts into a half mocking, half surprised face, "You cheeky...celestial. You need our help, don't you?"


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Does Dr Craven have a profile, or in this case, a backstory? Is he a natural resident of Hyraetan or just lived there for quite some time?


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    I'm going to retroactively give a +2 bonus on the local check for every 5 years beyond the initial 5 you've been in the city, So, if you've been in Hyraeatan for 20 years, you gain a +6 bonus.

    Local DC 35:

    This is Salvis Zorbenson the Foreseen's representative on the Parity Council. That one of the most important members of the Parity is not only here, meeting with you, but likely is the one who wrote the invitations, means something important must be going on. Or something very dire.


    I was thinking Gabriel has been here since, like, 10-15 years here belonging to the Lightbringers, then some time away in exile with them, and was caught prisoner during the Incursion. How long ago was that Incursion? And do those years of imprisonment count? He's probably got little chance to meet anyone besides his jailers and a few else.


    Sir Morien averts his gaze. The sight of the Celestial reminds him of what once was, and fills him with rage and hatred. But he is no fool: if such a creature summoned them all here, then it must be for a very good reason.

    Dr. Craven has it right: something must be dreadfully wrong for the likes of this beacon of light to call upon such scum and villainy...


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Had a really long day, will post tomorrow at some point.


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Apologies if it wasn't clear. All PCs who have been in Hyraeatan for longer than 5 years gains the +2 bonus per 5 years they have resided within the city.

    Gabriel, unsure about how long ago the Incursion was off the top of my head, but feel free to make a Local check with a +4 bonus.

    Your host strides confidently over to your group, and get the distinct feeling that he's not afraid of your numbers or your reputation. "I'm glad you could all make it. Some of you proved to be quite the challenge to track down, but I put my best people on the task, and they did not fail me. You must have many questions and I will do my best to answer them. However, let us go some place a little more private, yes? Cortia, is my personal meeting room ready?" He asks your serving girl, who nods in affirmation. "Wonderful! If you'll all follow me, we'll get down to business where prying eyes and ears can't reach."

    It turns out the private meeting room is one part dinning hall, one part library. Row up row of books from floor to ceiling cover the walls of a room big enough to fit thrice your number. The massive rectangular table is made of a deep, dark oak and looks sturdy enough to withstand a small war breaking out. There's chairs aplenty, and your host sits at the head of the table, motioning you all to take seats. Think Legion of Doom


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • Scrivener follows, saying nothing. Getting to the room, he scans the titles of the books as he makes his way circuitously to a seat.

    51 to 100 of 682 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Time Bandits of Hyraeatan (Suicide Squad / Legends of Tomorrow inspired adventures) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.