Time Bandits

Game Master Monkeygod


401 to 450 of 661 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Iko recalls some reports he's heard, that the general going rate for a retrieval delve like this is five thousand gold per operative, plus the option to keep anything found within.

You're sure that this is likely what the Falcons offered.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20
Iko Ilue wrote:
"As you say, Lady Alara. There is no guarantee a snake that's bitten once will bite again...but why risk it, when there's a better, more reliable option right before you? You strike me as a fine judge of character. Tell me, who do you feel you can trust more, with your family's heritage?"

"As I said, make me a counter offer, and I will consider both your consul and proposal. However, I will not just blindly trust the words of not just a stranger, but also a rival delve team. Such would be foolish." She replies, and its obvious that while Iko's words have made her pause and reevaluate the Sun Falcons, she's canny enough to realize it could be a ploy.


AC 31 (T 30, F 23) CMD 29 | F+14 R+22 W+15 | DR 5/cold iron; immune: electricity, mental control, petrification, poison; resist cold 10, fire 10; can oppose Bluff with Bluff | can reroll 1s | Fly 70’ | Init+20 (best-of-two, always acts in surprise round) | Per+20, see in darkness, sense magic 220’, lifesense 220’, spiritsense (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures) 220’

Iko smiles. "Of course. We've been known to be offered 6000 gold each for a retrieval delve like this, by those who know our work well. That said, you and we are just getting to know each other, yes? We're prepared to offer you a rate of 4500 gold each--plus the standard option to keep discoveries of value not specifically requested in the contract by the employer--with an understanding that if you're especially pleased with the good fortune of choosing us, you might choose to spread the word about our skill and reliability in an area where we aren't yet well known.

"I suspect you'll agree that's a very fair offer, and--while nothing in life is risk-free--why accept work from a known group of vipers, when you have another fair option?

"Are we agreed?"


AC 31 (T 30, F 23) CMD 29 | F+14 R+22 W+15 | DR 5/cold iron; immune: electricity, mental control, petrification, poison; resist cold 10, fire 10; can oppose Bluff with Bluff | can reroll 1s | Fly 70’ | Init+20 (best-of-two, always acts in surprise round) | Per+20, see in darkness, sense magic 220’, lifesense 220’, spiritsense (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures) 220’

1d20 + 39 ⇒ (3) + 39 = 42
1d20 + 39 ⇒ (11) + 39 = 50


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Delve Team

The only entrance to Mutalib’s vault is in the center of the mesa’s northern wall, beneath a stone portico that keeps storms and wind from battering the door directly. Three stout stone pillars support the portico.

A clockwork guardian patrols this area, which wears a turban and robes that appear to be of a silvery white cloth, but they are actually constructed of a fine metal mesh designed to repel sand from the soldier’s delicate internal mechanisms.

It easily spots the team and waves them away, adopting a fighting stance.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Feel free to make Arcane or Engineering checks


Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

Dymer follows Nephre at a leisurely pace, keeping 50 feet or so behind her and stepping only where she has stepped to avoid triggering anything that she might have missed. As they near the entrance to the vault and see the clockwork guard, Dymer takes an appraising look over the thing, carefully keeping enough distance to avoid triggering an actual attack response, compared to the "ready" stance it currently shows.

Kn(Arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

Nephre grins widely as she spots the guardian. She looks back to the rest of the group and cracks her knuckles. "Are you ready to start?" she asks.


Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

"Oh my, yes."

Lehkazeran flips his tail side to side with impatience and a grin.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Dymer:

The foe before you is a Clockwork Soldier, yet there is something different about this one. It seems to have been further modified beyond even normal augmentations.


F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

Nephre narrows her eyes, and slowly some of her tattoos begin to light up--symbols of strength and speed glowing in sequence as she readies herself for battle.

Activating divine favor and enhancing her Dexterity


HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

Dymer relays what he can glean about the Clockwork Soldier to the rest of the team, with special emphasis on potential extra enhancements that he can't quite make out. "As its base form is vulnerable to electricity, I'd suggest we start with that. Avoid physical attacks unless you have adamantium weapons or similar. It does appear that there are additional enchantments upon it that I can't identify from here though, so we'll still need to keep our wits about us, just in case. Were it me, I'd have rigged it with a failsafe or warning system of some sort."

Dymer, seeing his companions' eagerness for battle, follows a short distance behind figuring that they are better suited to confront an unknown foe directly and survive.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Alara is quiet for a few moments, considering Iko's offer. It was better than the Sun Falcon's, but they were a known group of delvers. However, the story about them gave her pause. It was quite the conundrum.

Just as she's about to answer, the leader of Sun Falcons strides over to them, his face a thundercloud. "Lady Alara, what's the meaning of leaving us cooling our heels? You were about to give us our down payment so we could get started, before these brigands showed up." He is clearly none too pleased at Iko and his team.


NE Male Human | HP 208/208 | AC 12 (FF 10) | DR 6/- | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perception +13 | 75% chance to negate crits and snk attk |

The severely scarred man sits quietly, flipping an empty vial between his fingers. He does however have a bemused smile on his face.


F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

Her preparations done, Nephre focuses a moment, another tattoo glowing. Suddenly she appears behind the construct and aims a savage kick at the back of its left knee, aiming to bend its joint out of shape and thereby wreck its ability to balance properly.

That's a move action to teleport and a standard action to attack, so not sure if I can do both at once.

Brutal Kick: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 3 + 4 = 31 Spending 4 tension on attack boost
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 3 + 4 = 21 Nephre's unarmed attacks count as magic, silver, and adamantine, and they ignore 3 points of any source of DR
Sneak attack damage (if she caught it flat-footed): 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 5, 6) = 20

She's using Brutal Strike from the Berserker sphere, so if she hits, the construct gains the Battered condition for five rounds (thanks to her Beat Down talent), giving it a -2 on its CMD. She adds Bone-Breaker as her exertion for the strike, so the construct also takes a -3 to attack and damage as long as the Battered condition lasts. Finally, if it's flat-footed and she gets a sneak attack, she inflicts two debilitations. In this case she'll give it a -2 to AC, -6 against Nephre and a -2 to attack rolls, -6 against Nephre.

Nephre's damage may not be the highest, but if she hits you might wish she'd just killed you with all the debuffs she can stack on. Of course, with that low attack roll it may not matter.


AC 31 (T 30, F 23) CMD 29 | F+14 R+22 W+15 | DR 5/cold iron; immune: electricity, mental control, petrification, poison; resist cold 10, fire 10; can oppose Bluff with Bluff | can reroll 1s | Fly 70’ | Init+20 (best-of-two, always acts in surprise round) | Per+20, see in darkness, sense magic 220’, lifesense 220’, spiritsense (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures) 220’

Iko lets Lady Alara respond to the Falcon, but Iko gives him a sympathetic smile.

In his most patient, reasonable voice, he says, "Lady Alara is making what might be the most important decision of her life. If the Falcons are true professionals, surely you understand Lady Alara wanting to take her time and make the best choice for her family and their legacy?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 39 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 39 + 20 = 72
Bluff: 1d20 + 39 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 39 + 20 = 77

His intent is to give Alara the notion that the Falcons' displeasure is with her considering her options, and that she's choosing between a hot-headed team that will rush and badger her, or a team of reasonable professionals. (He's not genuinely trying to placate the Falcons, though he's fine if that happens too.)


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Alara's stares flatly at the Sun Falcon "Jebbrith, I do not take kindly to your tone of voice, nor will I tolerate such disrespect. Due to your rude outburst, coupled with what I was just told, I will be hiring Xanoff's X-Cavators and *not* the Sun Falcons. I am sorry, but their deal and their manners were much more to my liking." She retorts with a stinging rebuke that impresses Iko.

Jebbrith looks as if he's about to reply, but instead storms off angrily to speak to the rest of his team.


AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • Scrivener will focus his attention to the man that stormed off and try to overhear what he says to his team.


    AC 31 (T 30, F 23) CMD 29 | F+14 R+22 W+15 | DR 5/cold iron; immune: electricity, mental control, petrification, poison; resist cold 10, fire 10; can oppose Bluff with Bluff | can reroll 1s | Fly 70’ | Init+20 (best-of-two, always acts in surprise round) | Per+20, see in darkness, sense magic 220’, lifesense 220’, spiritsense (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures) 220’

    Iko Ilue gives Lady Alara a sympathetic smile. "Would that everyone in the world of business knew how to conduct themselves as professionals, eh? But alas, that is not the world we live in.

    "That said, I assure you you've made an excellent choice. Now, let us begin! If you have the downpayment handy, all we need to know is what you know of the tomb and your specific requests for the job, and then we'll get down to business."

    As he talks, he continues to update his colleagues telepathically. ::Lady Alara has seen the wisdom of our offer. We have the contract!::


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Delve team, roll initiative


    F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

    Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


    Male Advanced Human Mageknight (Martial) 10 / Barbarian (Berserker) 10 / Unchained Rogue (Bruiser) 10

    Rattlebones nods. ::Good. Think these jabronis will give us any trouble?::

    Dark Archive

    Bloodrager/U.Rogue//Alchemist(sapper)//Magus (Eldritch Archer)

    Know(Eng): 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28
    Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
    Ozzie watch absorb Dymer's insight and launch her brutal attack


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Solider initiative

    Order of Combat

    Lehkazeran

    Solider

    Dymer

    Ozzie

    Nephre


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20
    Scrivener wrote:
    Scrivener will focus his attention to the man that stormed off and try to overhear what he says to his team.

    Give me a Linguistics check with a +10 bonus for Tongues. They are speaking in a coded language unique to them, so you don't automatically understand it.


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • linguistics: 1d20 + 14 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 10 = 40


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Sun Falcon's cant:

    "Those bastards stole our score! The wealth rumored to be housed within that tomb is said to be enough to fund a small nation. We were supposed to be filthy rich! Well, I say we show those 'excavators' why the Sun Falcons are not to be messed with!"

    The rest of the group readily agrees, and it's obvious to Scrivener that they're likely going to attack his team. Though if they will do so now, or later is unclear.


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    With a mighty flap, Lehkazeran jumps forward, propelling himself forward on his wings until he lands opposite of Nephre. Channeling his deep and dark desires, mostly involving ripping this automaton to pieces and how he wished it were actual flesh, Lehkazeran's teeth stay to give off a subtle green glow, further accentuating the acid dropping from his mouth.

    "Die, you pest!" ha hissed, before lashing out with a wicked bite.

    activating 'Wel of Sin: Greed' so so my attack counts as adamantine: Swift action. Move & STD to attack.

    attack, bite: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 21 + 2 = 35
    Damage: 2d6 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 19 + 1 = 25 (The 1 is acid, balance is B/P/S)

    -6 to saves vs fear, -4 to all other saves while it's within 20' of me, Antipaladin auras.


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • Talky Team

    Scrivener, still standing stock-still as is his usual, mentally communicates solely with willing party members (within 100ft), ::They will, in fact, attempt to give us trouble. Even now, they plan to attack at some future juncture. I propose we get their quickly, which I can effect via teleportation, and then lie in ambush.::


    NE Male Human | HP 208/208 | AC 12 (FF 10) | DR 6/- | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perception +13 | 75% chance to negate crits and snk attk |

    Craven continues flipping a test tube between his fingers.

    ::So...metal man, it would be best to fight them well outside of town. Bash doesn't take kindly to people hurting me and he...well...he doesn't care much about what's around him when he's angry...::

    ::Oh, and he's always angry.::


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • ::I concur. Collateral damage should be minimized due to adverse effect on our relations here.::


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    How far away from the solider are all the members of the delve team?


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Dymer is still about 60ft from the soldier from where the group first stopped to identify it.

    Dark Archive

    Bloodrager/U.Rogue//Alchemist(sapper)//Magus (Eldritch Archer)

    Sounds fair for it to be about the same for Ozzie


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Team Diplomacy

    Unfortunately for the members of 'Xanoff's X-Cavators', the Sun Falcons have decided that there is no time like the present to deal with those who stole their job.

    The six Falcons draw their weapons and otherwise begin to prepare for the upcoming fight.

    Please roll initiative. This is a surprise round, so you are each flat-footed until your turn.


    AC & Saves:
  • base|[in suit]|{suit itself}
  • AC 29/t20/ff25
  • [AC 37/t20/ff33]
  • {AC 29/t11/ff26}
  • Saves |F:16|R:17[24]|W:19
  • (all saves +1 vs traps)
  • Contemplative Incanter/Scholar/Technician 10
    HP & SR:
  • HP 110/110
  • {suit HP 160/160 hardness 20}
  • SR 25
  • init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


    NE Male Human | HP 208/208 | AC 12 (FF 10) | DR 6/- | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perception +13 | 75% chance to negate crits and snk attk |

    Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

    ::Crap! I'll try to hold off Bash as long as possible, but we have to take this outside.::


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    You are all currently standing outside, in front of the manor house, which is itself quite afar from any settlement. There's no danger of collateral damage, aside from the Mutalibs. Sorry if that wasn't clear from earlier.


    AC 31 (T 30, F 23) CMD 29 | F+14 R+22 W+15 | DR 5/cold iron; immune: electricity, mental control, petrification, poison; resist cold 10, fire 10; can oppose Bluff with Bluff | can reroll 1s | Fly 70’ | Init+20 (best-of-two, always acts in surprise round) | Per+20, see in darkness, sense magic 220’, lifesense 220’, spiritsense (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures) 220’

    Initiative: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
    Initiative: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

    ::Advice for how to deal with him if he does come? In a way that's not too rough on you?::

    "Lady Alara, looks like the Falcons are showing their true colors. I trust we can handle them but you'd best get to safety."


    NE Male Human | HP 208/208 | AC 12 (FF 10) | DR 6/- | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +7 | Init +2 | Perception +13 | 75% chance to negate crits and snk attk |

    You all get a sense of amusement. ::Dont worry about roughness. If Bash shows up just make sure not to get his attention or be the closest to him. He eventually tries himself out...or I get control again. Though the latter is rare. If he comes, just focus on getting the Mutalibs away.::


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Delve Team

    As Lehkazeran springs forward to attack, the sentry turns its baleful gaze upon all those foolish enough to intrude upon it's domain. Lehkazeran's attack triggers it's readied action. It makes a gaze attack vs all within 70ft. Fort save DC 22 or be nauseated for 80(yes, 8-0) minutes and staggered for 1 round. As Nephre is *behind* the solider, she is unaffected.


    Neutral Evil Half-Moroi (Wyvaran) Antipaladin/Monk/Sorcerer | Perception +16; Init +7

    DC 22, Fort: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
    Woof. Didn't expect a readied action since I'd won initiative. Didn't expect that 2 either. Nauseous!

    Lehkazeran flaps forward as planned, but finds himself without the zeal he'd had just a moment ago.


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Sun Falcon's Initiative:

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Chieftain

    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Contract Killer

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Lucky Mage

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Fire Cleric

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Swift Brawler

    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Demon Hunter


    Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

    Team Diplomacy

    There's about 50ft in between you and the Sun Falcons. They are roughly grouped together. A fireball would hit at least three of them, but couldn't get all six.

    To further help set the scene, this is basically what the house and surrounding area looks like. Except obviously a more fantasy manor, and you're on a large, wide cliff that overlooks a huge valley and the tomb in the distance. The cliff is big enough that you shouldn't need to worry about accidentally falling off.

    The PCs, the Sun Falcons and the Mutalibs are out front, basically where that gate is that splits the driveway with the sandy, dirt looking raod. Also, there are no trees, it's all wide open.

    If you have any other questions, ask here or in our discord.


    HP108 | AC25, T20, FF19 | F13, R18, W11; +4 and one size larger vs Wind | CMB +11 (+2 vs grapple), CMD 26 (+2 vs grapple) | Init +15 | Senses See In Darkness; Senses Perception +19 (+22 in dim light or darkness) Speed 40 ft. (70 ft. with at-will Expeditious Retreat), climb 20 ft. ----Melee rapier +13/+8 (1d4+5/18-20 plus 3d6 sneak attack) or unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d2+1 plus 3d6 sneak attack) ----Ranged +2 bomb 40' +17/+12 (6d6+13 fire plus 3d6 sneak attack); 18/day; Bomb discoveries: Explosive, Tanglefoot, Immolation, Thorny [+17/+12 (5d6+10 piercing plus 3d6 sneak attack)]

    Fort save, DC 22: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

    Dymer is caught out by the guardian's gaze attack, not expecting anything it did to affect such a large radius all at once and Dymer retreats, as much as the gaze's effect would allow him to do so.

    Move 40ft away from the guardian. Current distance 100ft in a straight line.

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Aegis / Daevic / Soulknife

    Spoiler:
    Koro Jigen unleashes a massive mental blast, crumbling his opponent's mental blockades, destroying their Thought-Form Creature and shattering their psyche all in one fell swoop. It was over. His opponent's mind was crushed.

    Accepting this psychic duel was risky, but Koro had wanted to blow off some steam after his rest time was rudely interrupted by a group of assassins.

    It wasn't often that Koro Jigen got the opportunity to rest, instead staying up for weeks on end with the power of potions and tinctures designed to cure ailments such as fatigue and exhaustion.And now his only rest period was broken by some upitty assassain who tried to Instigate a Psychic Duel with him.

    In most cases, Koro would have resisted the attempt and beat him up physically, but this being the last assassin he could detect, he decided to have some fun with it. Besides, his body was capable of sleepwalking when he was mentally unavailable. No harm letting it run on autopilot for a while, he thought.

    As the mindscape created for their psychic duel began to slowly fade back into the real world, Koro woke up and witnessed the scene in front of him. His team had found the entrance to the tomb, and were greeted with but the first of it's guardians.

    "Just another long day, I guess." Koro grunted, before racing to help his team.

    Initiative: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (3) + 26 = 29
    Fortitude: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37
    Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 35
    Kn Engineering: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (17) + 30 = 47

    Koro will spend his turn moving to and applying a Panacea to any member of his team who can also cure nasuea, but failed their save. His primary role is that of Guardian. His secondary role is Archmage unless otherwise stated.

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Aegis / Daevic / Soulknife

    Koro Jigen will also spend a swift action to use Defender's Oath on the enemy guardian, giving it a -3 penalty to attack rolls and the save DCs of all abilities that don't target him.

    He will also expend his martial focus to issue a further Challenge as a free action via Swift Guardian. This also inflicts a further -4 penalty on attack rolls and (most) save DCs on abilities that don't target Koro.

    The creature gains a +2 on attack rolls vs Koro as a result of this second challenge.

    EDIT: Apparently creatures with an INT of (-) are immune to the Guardian Sphere challenge. if Koro is able to identify this creature as having an INT of (-), he will NOT attempt to challenge it, and thus will not be expending his martial focus. Note that Defender's Oath is a separate ability and seemingly has no qualms about working on any opponent.


    F Maftet Striker 10/Incanter 10/Unchained Rogue 10 | HP 131/176 | AC: 30-1 T: 20-1 Fl: 23-1 | CMB: +19 CMD: 39 | F +14 R +14 W +6 | Init +4 | Perc: +13 | Spell Points 13/16 | WRATH OF SEKHMET 2/10 | Tension 1/7 | Current Effects:

    Nephre laughs, an edge of mania in her voice.

    "Are you going to let me have all the fun myself?" she asks the others mockingly as they come to a stop, then aims a savage kick at the middle of the construct's back.

    Brutal kick: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 20 + 3 + 2 = 31
    Damage: 2d8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 12 + 3 = 26 If she hits, the target is Battered, taking a -2 to CMD. All attacks count as magic, silver, and adamantine, and ignore 3 of all types of DR.

    Swiftly she brings her foot down and pivots, sweeping at the construct's feet.

    Sweep (trip attempt): 1d20 + 19 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 19 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 35

    If trip attempt succeeds:
    As the clockwork tumbles, Nephre aims a swift punch at it.

    (Greater Trip) Punch: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 20 + 3 + 2 = 32
    Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 3 = 18

    Then, as it hits the ground, she stomps on its face.

    Vicious Stomp: 1d20 + 20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 3 + 2 = 30
    Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 3 = 16

    401 to 450 of 661 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Time Bandits of Hyraeatan (Suicide Squad / Legends of Tomorrow inspired adventures) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.