[SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema

Game Master VampByDay

A chance to recover an set of spacefarers presents not only an opportunity for archaeology, but also a way to make inroads with the church of Triune.

Repeatable scenario
Kinda-sorta starship tag.

Slides


151 to 200 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson positions himself to face the last rock to explore, and pushes off, sailing slowly across the void towards the ruins.
Reaching the place he grabs a hold of the old wall--
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Once again off-kilter, Hudson grabs a hold of the rocks to stabilize himself.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien keeps watch while the others rest. When Hudson makes the jump, she too tries to the next asteroid.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

And once again does it with grace.

"Just keeping close, big guy" she smiles to Hudson.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson flails around and then makes a sad face, nodding at Kultanien.


It seems this floating island was once part of a massive building with thick walls before being pulled into the Drift. You surmise subsequent collisions with other debris have broken off much of the architecture.

Perception checks from people exploring the last rock

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Hudson looks around.
And, with his tongue, removes the piece of gum he stuck inside his force-field.
He starts chewing it again.


Pvt. Hudson wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

Hudson looks around.
And, with his tongue, removes the piece of gum he stuck inside his force-field.
He starts chewing it again.

Hudson finds a bunch of ruins that some xenoarchaeoligist nerd would probably yell at him for if he shot them up.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Jaqweh watches the others maneuvering in the zero-g so easily, and with a little trepidation, pushes off in pursuit.

Acro : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Arriving off balance, he's too focused on maintaining his position to notice much of anything.

Perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien looks around the other side of the ruins.
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"I wonder what brought the houses here? So many odd things in the drift."

I'm using up all my good rolls!


Vaimo spots a small chest or metal container of some kind lodged in a wall, jammed in there good.
Athletics check to extricate it.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Hudson... over here. Think this might require your expertise."

athletics(aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson gives it a try... yank yank, kick kick.
Athletics w. Aid: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15


Despite Hudson’s valiant effort to kick the box farther into the hole to get it out, the box remains wedged in place

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom floats over and gives it a tug.

Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He's not very good at it.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

 »Let’s try to be smart with this... go slow and careful. Someone get this end...»
Can we take 20? While coordinating Aid Anothers?


Pvt. Hudson wrote:

 »Let’s try to be smart with this... go slow and careful. Someone get this end...»

Can we take 20? While coordinating Aid Anothers?

Sure, there'll be a minor impact on the scenario but It'll actually make it easier for me.

Inside you find what appears to be a cashe of clothes for . . . odd creatures. From what you can tell, they are, or were, creatures that walked upright on 3 legs and had three arms. You also find a single mk 2 serum of healing in the chest.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Umm...okay.." Freen follows Hudson's lead.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Guess we should take these things back to the brains at the Lorespire Complex, they probably can learn stuff from these old rags."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Definitely...who knows how they got here... but they are a small distraction, we came to find that.." she points to the spacecraft.

"And we should be on our way"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Okay! Let's jump in on them!"


You and your comrades begin to play asteroid hopscotch to get to the wreck of the Amber Reconnoiter. The ship is pockmarked with thousands of micrometeroid strikes, and is almost recognizable from the files you have pulled up. You begin to feel an odd sensation within yourself. It takes a moment, but you realize that the starship is pulling you in, calling you with an almost imperceptible pull. Your body seems drawn to a section of the starship hull that is completely wrecked and open to space. And then you realize that the ship's gravity plating is still minimally operational and you are 'falling' towards the ship in micorgravity. You land taking no damage and find that this is a very low gravity environment.

Service lights intermittently flicker with barely perceptible light, giving faint glimpses of the ruined interior in this area. A seemingly nonfunctioning power core is located toward the front of the area, just forward of a line of cots and near a strange crackling barrier. A similar barrier blocks off a smaller hallway leading to the starboard side of the ship, next to another door. Toward the port side, a door sits partially cracked.

Second slide is up. Your movement in the ship is important so please move your mini when you move and check out parts of the ship.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien cautiously approaches the closer of the barriers and looks at it, trying to work out what it is, and see if she can see beyond it.

"Well, still has some power even after all these years. They certainly built her to last."

Any particular checks required?

"You getting this Jopsie? Any ideas?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Hey everyone! There's a door here! Should I open it?"

Zoom moves five feet over to what looks like a door on the map. He'll investigate it but won't try to open it yet.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Vaimo:
You don't recognize this style of Force-field, and Jopsie confirms that it's not anything she's seen before. She theorizes it was some new prototype of tech that never got into mass circulation. It seems to bristle with uncontrolled energy and sparks occasionally, but stays in place. There is a control panel off to the side on a wall, but it looks completely shot, and Jopsie assures you that it is not getting repaired anytime soon.

Zoombo:
The door is damaged and well shut. You might be able to open it with significant elbow greaseathletics check, though if power were restored to this section of the ship, opening it might become easier.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Oh! This door looks really stuck! I could try pushing on it but I'm not really that strong... Is there another way I could help?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Well, that control panel is shot, and this tech looks... unusual. And given how old this is.. maybe something else has made it their home. That would explain why some functions are still... functioning."

Kultanien next peers into what appears to be a bedroom.

"Let's see what we can find out before we start trying to force anything. Clues as to what happened...either initially or since."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hearing Zoombo ask about pushing the door in, moves over to give it a kick and shove, but stops when Kultainen says that it is best to wait before forcing things.

So Hudson knocks on the door, a Shave and a Haircut.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen nervously follows Hudson clutching his rifle.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Jaqweh follows Vaimo initially, but pauses at the closed door next to the smaller energy barrier. “Did you check this door, ma'am? “

He checks to see if this door is as jammed as Zoom's.

Perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

But is apparently distracted by how much dust is getting on his gloves.

Scarab Sages

Vaimo: As you look around, it is obvious that this area used to be three bedrooms, but the damage has torn them apart. Also, the forward most wall of the area is damaged, and you see you can access the reactor from there, though you doubt anyone larger than a rat could squeeze on through to the main engineering section. On one of the beds, you find a large, old, datapad. It's screen is cracked, but surprisingly, you are able to power it on and it still works. It appears to be an Engineer's datapad, full of specifications and talk about maintenance. There is a journal function as well. The last entry reads:

I’ve been feeling a bit tired the past few days since that last planar bubble, but it might just be because we’re desperately trying to hold this ship together. Maybe I just need a bit more sleep.

There is a password protected partition on the datapad that you cannot access.

Hudson: You get no response from kicking the door.

Navar: There appears to be control panels for both the door and the force-field, but they both lack power.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Hmm... engineer....didn't we get the engineers private code?" asks Kultanien.

She quickly accesses her coms pad to retrieve the information and taps it into the tablet.

"Anyone here think they can jury rig one of our weapon power cells to make the control panel work?"


It seems that the Engineer uses a separate passcode for his private data module than his Starship command code. His command code is not the passcode for his datapad. If you want that data, you'll have to hack it.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"I have an R2E... if that can help."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Not hungry just at the moment. Let's hunt around a bit. Maybe they left their password taped below their bed." suggests Kultanien.

She starts a thorough search of the area.

percpetion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


No passwords laying about. Just the reactor, the forcefields, and the de-powered doors.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Well, we either force our way into the engineering area or the stuck door. Lets try that door first, unless anyone wants to have a go at the tablet? I'd suggest holding off that until we have searched everything else first though."

Kultanien goes back to the stuck door and offers a helping hand.

str (aid): 1d20 ⇒ 17


Sorry if I implied something else. You can reach the reactor if you want to futz with it, but you can’t squeeze passed it to get into the engineering compartment.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom begins to shove at the door.

"Let's give it all six!"

Str aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"It's really stuck!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I...uhh...could start working on that tablet..." Freen says quietly, fiddling with his hands.

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Spy.... wrote:

"I...uhh...could start working on that tablet..." Freen says quietly, fiddling with his hands.

[dice=Computers]1d20+8

The datapad flashes a "Access denied" warning on the screen.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Anyone want to see if you can get the reactor going properly" asks Kultanien.

engineering(Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

With nobody to shoot, Hudson seems out of his element.
He tries to help giving the door a shove--
STR Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 9
--but he only gets in people's way.
3 helpers no main roll! xD - Weaklings we are.
He leans against the wall and waits.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Oh..uhh..yes, I'll fix it," Freen semi-mumbles as he walks over to the reactor, pulls out his tools, and begins working.

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 +4 from starship repair kit?


Vaimo and Freen oddly find that the power core seems to have been recently repaired . . . poorly. With a bit of tinkering and a few spare parts from Freen's Starship repair kit, they manage to get more effective repairs up and running. Instantly a forcefield around the damaged section of the ship snaps into place, and you can tell that this section of the ship is re-pressurizing with atmosphere. Also, the lights come on, and the access panels to the rear room and the smaller of the force-fields light up. Sadly, the access panel by the larger force field is still non-operational.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Seeing the light come on, Hudson perks up.
"Do they have any cool old holo-trids or something we can watch?"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Given the size of this ship, the room on the other side of this door can't be very big.

Jaqweh activates the door control for the small room (to the left = west? aft?) though he leaves his environmental seals in place just in case that wasn't the only hull breach location.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien takes a spot behind Jaq, ready to see what may have done the repairs.

"We should be cautious..."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson gets back up: "Cautious is my... well, I can be."
And he trudges over to back the Captain up.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom scurries over behind Hudson, laser pistol drawn.

"Oh! I just know there's going to be some sort of major discovery behind this door! I bet it'll even open and everything!"

He keeps trying to peak around and in between Hudson's legs to get a better look.

"I'm ready to see what's in there!"


The door opens easily now that the control panel is powered, and it opens into a small 10x10 room. There is a single chair in it. Attached to the chair is a dizzying array of wires and cables, but no screens or controls are visible.

Engineering/Computers DC 15:
The area looks like a modified gunner's station. It certainly has all the processors and wiring for one. But there are no gunner controls or readouts.

Culture/Mysticism DC 21 if you made the engineering check (or a person tells you):
Jopsie said in the vision that the Vlaka was blind. And some followers of Triune have the mystical ability to directly interface with computers just by touching them.

Perception 21:
Underneath a rubber floormat is a cleverly concealed safe with a digital lock. It is still locked.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Though Hudson knows nothing about anything in the place--
"Is that an electric chair?"
--he kicks a rubber floor mat to the side, revealing a not so cleverly concealed safe that he cannot find it.
It has a digital lock... sadly still locked.

151 to 200 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.