[SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema

Game Master VampByDay

A chance to recover an set of spacefarers presents not only an opportunity for archaeology, but also a way to make inroads with the church of Triune.

Repeatable scenario
Kinda-sorta starship tag.

Slides


101 to 150 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"What on Vesk-3 are those?!"

Zoom attempts a life sciences/mysticism/culture check to identify the weird aliens.

Identify: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"I don't think these things are from Vesk-3, guys!"

After failing to identify the creatures, Zoom tries to scamper foward to a better position.

Acrobatics to move at full speed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Whoa, this Zero-G stuff is trickier than I thought!" Zoom complains, stumbling forward but still managing to draw his Static arc pistol on the way.

He double-moves forward to move 30 feet after failing the DC20 check.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Not too sure... but they don't look too friendly. "

Then Hudson opens up.

"And they definitely won't be now. Get that green one first."

Get'em on green, +1 to hit

She then draws her own weapon.


Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen
Hudson
Wierd monster thingies
Navar

Green Thingie -28 HP
Red Thingie -0

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson is happy he hit the darn thing.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Delay

"Uhh....umm...they look terrifying...," Freen whines as he cowers.


The Green thingie closes the distance with Hudson surprisingly fast (double move)
The Red one moves around a wall and launches a line of fire.
Attack vs Zoombo’s EAC, he is only one within range: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
fire damage if hit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen
Hudson

Wierd monster thingies
Navar

Green Thingie -28 HP
Red Thingie -0

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson looks at the creature, trying to see if it has reach.

If it does not have reach, he takes a step to the side--
guarded step to where the yellow arrow is
--and shoots once.
1st vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 + 1 = 20

If it has reach, he shrugs, and calls out: "Taking the reaction, you guys can move...", and he shoots twice.
1st vs. KAC becomes 17
2nd vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 = 26
1st P damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
2nd P damage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


The creature’s large tentacles certainly look like it gives the creature reach

AoO vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91/2 fire, 1/2 bludgeoning

The first hit from the creature throws of Hudson’s aim, but he manages to compose himself for the second shot]

Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen

Hudson
Wierd monster thingies
Navar

Green Thingie -35 HP
Red Thingie -0

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson just holds his ground and blasts away: "If y'all wanna move around this green thingie, it probably won't burn n' bash again..."
His shoulder is stinging from the hit, though.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Stick with us Hudson. Space martines are tough!"

Inspiring boost, restores 15 damage, so Hudson should be back on full.

"Okay team. Get that green tentacled horror"

Get'em +1 to hit green

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Yowch!"

Zoom takes 4 stamina damage, 14 remaining.

Zoom will target the tentacled creature that attacked him, not wanting to draw the second one's attention in his current position. "Okay you big tentacle thing, let's see where you might have a soft spot..."

Trick attack (Sense motive): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 4 = 18
Trick attack will fail.

Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage (electric): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Trick attack uses a full action. After firing, Zoom moves at half speed to duck behind a nearby corner.

"Drat! No luck yet up here, friends, but I'll keep trying!"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Taking Captain Vaimo's advise, Navar fires at Green

attack, laser pistol, get 'em: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
damage, F: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson hears Kultainen, and thinks: I said I'm a space marine, she said space marines are tough, that means she thinks... I'm tough!
This makes him blush, and, suddenly, all the pain in his shoulder is gone!
Thanks for the heal, back @max SP


Navar’s Attack connects but seems to do nothing
Green Attack Hudson 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage if hit 1: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Green Attack Hudson 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage if hit 2: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The red creature moves forward and attacks the skittermander

Red Attack Zoombo 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Damage if hit 1: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Everyone else can go.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Okay Zoombo, time to show Husdon that Skittermanders are as tough as they are helpful."

Inspiring boost on Zoombo. 15 stamina back.

"Come on team, finish off that green thing quick."

Get'em on green.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Oh no, not again.." Freen whines as he moves closer to green and attempts to hit it.

trick(bluff): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
baton: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
baton damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
trick damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

I ninjaed you, that baton to hit was a 20

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Thanks Kultainen! Oh..." Zoom's voice, slightly panicked, chrips into your comms. "Oh Skitters! I am really out of position! I gotta get away from this thing! Maybe I can... it's worth a shot!"

As a move action, Zoom will kick off of the asteroid to begin floating to the right (east), per the Zero Gravity rules on the bottom right of pg 402 of the Core Rulebook. Hopefully this doesn't provoke because of the wall that would provide cover between him and Red, but if it does provoke there's not much Zoom can do about it. Zoom has a 40 foot land speed, so his first move action causes him to float 20 feet. He keeps floating to the right, and would float another 20 feet to the right except he reaches the second asteroid. Zoom attempts an Acrobatics check to stop his movement without gaining the off-kilter condition.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Zoom beats the DC 20, which I believe stops his movement and causes him to avoid gaining the off-kilter condition per pg. 402.

"Got it!" Zoom exclaims. "That alien thing hits really hard!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson avoids the green thingie's attacks, and then decides to just keep on blasting away.
"Here, take your best shot, dude!"
He fires twice--
1st vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 = 8
2nd vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 = 10
--but the first bullet does not fire!
"Darn... a dud!"
(nat' 1, grrr...)
This throws Hudson off, and his second shot goes wild.


Okay, lot of stuff happening. Red gets an AoO because he has reach, and the farther square doesn't have cover to Zoombo (as far as my knowledge of AoOs work.)
Since it has reach, Green also gets an AoO off on Freen, who then kills it. I assume then that Hudson fires and misses against Red.

Green AoO against Freen: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Red AoO against Zoombo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

BTW all this melee damage is 1/2 bludgeoning, 1/2 fire if anyone has fire resist

Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen
Hudson
Wierd monster thingies
Navar

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson is happy to have avoided being reacted upon by green.
"Thanks, Freen!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen's baton seemingly having been accidentally wielded into the space creature, begins slowly floating off as the creature itself goes limp.

"Oh geez!" Freen exclaims as he awkwardly clambers around the floating carcass after his baton. "Uhh..yeah..Private Hudson, I uhh...mean't to do that.."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

@GM if you could put a star or similar marker next to Hudson and Zoombo to remind me that I can't use inspiring boost on them again until they rest that would be helpful. I'll try to remember anyway, but it is easy to forget in PBP where games stretch over many days.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

"It seems my weapon is essentially useless against these things, but maybe I can head fake it a little."

Get 'em on Red

Harrying Fire, Get 'em: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


The red creature moves forward and fires off a beam of fire that pierces straight through Hudson and into Vaimo
Line Attack vs EAC: Hudson and Vaimo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Fire Damage if hit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Everyone else can go
Note: Hudson and Zoombo have had stamina restored by inspiring boost

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Ow! Alright, my turn you big tentaclely, spacey, firey thing!"

Zoom studies the creature, looking for weaknesses, and fires.

Full action: Trick attack

Sense Motive trick attack: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 4 = 21
Trick attack extra damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Pistol E damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

I'm really not used to operating in zero-g. But let's try this again.

Jaqweh calls out some advice on hitting it, which he immediately puts to use.

Get Em on Red.

Harrying Fire : 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson sidesteps the line of fire, and is unhurt.

Then he sees Zoombo out playing around in space and using an arc pistol.
He's gonna crit' and arc into me and singe my eyebrows... I just know it!, he thinks.

Then Jaqweh calls out some advice on red--
+1 from Get' Em
--and gives some supporting fire--
Because of the Cover, Harrying Fire fails, right? 17-4? Or does the thing being large help?
--that Hudson uses to help blast red.
He starts firing, opening himself to an attack from the space thingie--

1st vs. KAC w. Get Em': 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 17 (+2 from Harrying Fire?)
2nd vs. KAC w. Get Em': 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 28

--unsure if his first shot hit, since he is cringing to avoid the incoming blow, he is quite sure his next shot nailed their alien friend.

1st P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
2nd P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
2nd Crit' P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14


it’s large, so he can harrying fire a square that doesn’t Have cover.
AoO vs. Kac: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen

Hudson
Wierd monster thingie -35 HP
Navar

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson takes a fiery blow, but smiles as he feels he deals more damage than he takes.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien continues to offer encouragement to the team.

"Get that space-slime!" while peppering it with shots of her own.

attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
fire damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Free gathers up his baton, puts it away and retrieves his rifle. "I-I guess I could try this..." he mumbles to himself.


The asteroid Zoombo is standing on suddenly radiates heat dealing him 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage.
Vaimo’s attack misses. The creature full attacks Hudson
Attack 1 vs. Hudson: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Attack 2 vs Hudson: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Everyne May go, Zoombo and Hudson have already received inspiring boosts
Wierd monster thingie -35 HP

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

rifle v KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
p damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Free takes a nervous step back and shakily raises the rifle. He then pulls the trigger and closes his eyes, hoping he hit.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson avoids a blow, but takes the other, then cringes as he expects another reaction, blasting away.
1st vs. KAC w. Get Em': 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 27
2nd vs. KAC w. Get Em': 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 10
1st P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
2nd P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


Fortunately, Hudson doesn’t need to fire as the ‘wild(???)’ shot from Freen Downs the monster.
Combat over

Now with some time, you look around and find that three of these chunks of rock have what appears to be ruins on them. A mostly intact house that’s been sheered off, a crumbling building, and the ruins you are standing on. The other asteroids seem to pulse with fire every 6-18 seconds or so.

House is top left, crumbling building to right

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson pushes off from the big slab of rock, and thus starts to float out--
Take about 3 rounds
--till he reaches the corner of the house, and grabs a hold, to pull himself in front of the door.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Off-kilter, Hudson will grab a hold to stabilize himself.


Hudson, getting a good look at this house:

This chunk of debris supports much of a simple house made of wood and cob, though the transition into the Drift cleanly sliced off part of the building’s back corner. Inside are a bed, a small bookshelf, a rug, and a hearth. The books are all written in an unknown language and detail primal rituals, herbalism, and hedge magic. There is some sort of small chest built into one of the shelves, but it is locked.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson gives the info' on his comm unit.
Sharing spoiler
"Someone wanna check out the place, open the locked thing. Read the boring magick books?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien launches herself off to try and join the space marine.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
However she does it with more grace than Hudson, landing gracefully.

She has a quick look at the books, seeing if she can understand any
Common, Akitonian, Goblin, Ghibran, Dwarven, Eoxian and Morlamaw

"Open it up and lets see what is in there.


The chest seems to have an enchanted lock (Engineering or mysticism to open)

The books aren’t in any of those languages, though Jopsie pipes up over the coms to say she recognizes rudimentary universal magical texts. Also, there are drawings of what look like alien and bizarre shrubs and plants in another book. Jopsie doesn’t recognize the plants.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Jopsie, can you get a reading on this?" asks Kultanien, showing a video of the chest.

"Sure ms Vaimo. Looks like a simple enough spell, you just need a key phrase, try 'Xyanxyszduyzy'"

mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


The ‘Spell’ Xyanxyszduyzy does not work.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson kicks it--
Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
--right on the mark it seems, to him at least.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

If possible, Zoom will take 10 minutes to recover stamina and allow him to be inspired again in a future combat. This can be done before or after checking out the books.

Zoom floats over.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

After catching himself on the rock, he asks to take a look at the lock.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Perhaps not surprisingly, despite his best effort Zoom has no idea how to open it.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen floats in place with the dead space creatures, looking around nervously as he switches from aiming at each of them. "Umm, hey all, are these things going to start moving again?"


Kicking the box also does not open it, despite Hudson’s ‘excellent’ kick.

Everyone can take a 10 minute rest if they want. The fire thingies continue to drift off into space, dead.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson sits on the box to rest for a little bit...
1 RP spent to recover SP

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen makes his way over to the others. With Hudson obviously taking a break, Freen also takes his time with the lock.

Take 20 for a 28, 32 if my thieves tools work on it.


Freen pops open the lockbox and finds several pieces of jewelry, vials of precious oils, and an assortment of unfamiliar seashells. You estimate the Starfinders will pay 900 credits for the xenoarchaelogical find of the books and the cultural items.

There is still one more rock to explore if you feel so inclined, or you could go to the ship.

101 to 150 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.