[SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema

Game Master VampByDay

A chance to recover an set of spacefarers presents not only an opportunity for archaeology, but also a way to make inroads with the church of Triune.

Repeatable scenario
Kinda-sorta starship tag.

Slides


201 to 250 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Looks like some kind of improvised torture device to me.
engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"[b]Hmm... actually, Hudson, could that not be a gunners station.. somewhat modified?"

culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"Oh, remember...in the vision Vlaka was blind. And some followers of Triune have the mystical ability to directly interface with computers just by touching them.... Wow. Maybe this is why Triune wanted it found.."

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Oh?! Cool... so you could use this as a gunnery station, while being able to watch trids at the same time? Great stuff!"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Seeing how curious Zoom is, Jaqweh squeezes aside to let the skittermander past and into the gunner's station. “I'm betting you'd like to take a look at that safe, yes? “

Engineering to Aid : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Anyone got better than a six for engineering? I'm hoping so, I'll roll this as an aid, but if nobody has a better bonus, please take it as the lead.p

Kultanien looks worriedly at the safe. "I guess we can hope the mechanism is easy to work after all these years. I'll see if I can hear tumblers roll."
engineering(aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Ya', let's open that thing. I think you can probably use the door... somehow. I mean: just open it!"
Engineering Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom jumps forward, literally, when offered the chance to help.

"Oh yes, I would love to help! Um, but I'm not very good at opening locks and I don't have any tools, so... maybe twist it that way?"

Zoom uses his jack of all trades ability to attempt to aid engineering, but takes a -4 penalty due to a lack of an engineering tool kit.

Engineering aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

"Oh, uh, that didn't work. But you've got it Ms. Vaimo!"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Thank you Hudson and Zoombo. I think that helpful hand was just what I needed." she almost reaches out to fuss Zoobo's hair, but stops herself at the last minute.

He isn't a cat! I bet he wouldn't like it, but Tooo Cuutttee.


Vaimo manages to pop the electronic lock and uncovers a fusion seal (Sixth level, seeking) and another datapad. Turning it on reveals that this one only has audio recordings and letters from friends and family to Berkal.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Well, at the least we can take this. Might make for interesting historical reading and the families would certainly like to get copies of their ancestors voices." notes Kultanien.

Did I understand correctly that one of the forcefields went down when the main power came on? Which one?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen stays in the background, continuing to fiddle with the previously found tablet.

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4
Kultainen Vaimo wrote:
Did I understand correctly that one of the forcefields went down when the main power came on? Which one?

According to this post, the force field didn't drop, but the access panel to the "smaller" field became active. That's the field immediately below where Jaqweh's token is now.

Jaqweh looks over to Vaimo after she cracks the safe. "Since we're all here, we might as well deactivate this force field and check out this part of the ship." And then he proceeds to do just that.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Good idea, captain!"
Hudson follows Jaqweh.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom smiles.

"Oh, thanks! I really didn't do very much, and I don't think it worked but I'm always happy to help out when I can. Sometimes that's showing what not to do!"

"I'm ready to go explore this part of the ship, too! Unless you want to go somewhere else... I could try to help get that door unstuck again, but this opening seems really open and closer!"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Lead on then friends. Let us see what is hidden over here."


A single tap on the control panel drops the smaller field.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Tap tap... and she shall open."
Hudson looks around...
"You goin' first, cap'n? Or want me to take point?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Probably best if I go first." she admits.

"If we can talk, then I'm good there, and if I get dropped by an attack... well, I'd hate for our heavy hitter to get sucker-punched."

Kultanien edges through the gap that the forcefield previously closed off and looks around...

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Okay!

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien moves down to the intersection and peers around the corner. If it is clear she approaches the door directly in front and tries that.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson follows Kultanien and covers her as she tries the new door.


Vaimo boldly opens the door into . . . a closed airlock. Now that the ship has main power, you think you could cycle it if you wanted, though you can't for the life of you come up for a reason why.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"I don't wanna bounce back out into space just right now... shall we check over there?"
Hudson points to the next door.
Ready to move over following yellow arrow, if we have access

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Right, I'll cover you this time.." says the "captain".
She has a quick poke about in the airlock first, just in case there were any clues within about what happened to the ship.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom cheerfully follows along, ready to help when needed.


As Hudson opens the door-
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
a weird amalgam of metal and plastic thumps into his chest (no damage) and falls to the floor. He realizes a second too late that it is an improvised grenade.

Reflex save DC 14 for half damage from Zoombo, Vaimo, and Hudson: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 bludgeoning damage

If you fail the save:
You are sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

Inside the room: Hudson sees: The workstations in this area are somewhat intact but mostly empty. Empty boxes litter the floor, the tattered labels of which identify them as having once contained various chemical reagents and other supplies for experimentation. A circular lab table sits toward the aft. He also sees a large bear walking on two hind legs. His arms are in a position to suggest that he was the one that just threw the grenade. He roars at you.

Initiative-Freen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Initiative-Vaimo:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative-Hudson:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiative-Zoombo:: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Initiative-Navar:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Initiative-Bear-man:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Inititive:
Zoombo is up!
Bear-Man
Hudson
Freen
Vaimo
Navar

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Do we get a cover bonus from Hudson? :-)

"Oof"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Hudson manages to duck and avoid some of the damage, as he thinks: Cool work there!
He sees the bear-man, and mumbles: "Hey, teddy!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Zoom barely reacts fast enough to dodge out of the way of the grenade, but does so skillfully enough to avoid any damage from the blast.

Evasion

He hears a roar from the room and hears Hudson mumble "teddy".

"Oh that doesn't sound good! I'll check out what's going on up ahead!" Before anyone can do anything, Zoom rushes into the room... far enough to see the roaring bear. He ducks into the corner. Move action.

"Everyone, I think that bear just threw a grenade at us! Bears shouldn't do that! I'll try to calm him down! Mr. Bear, stop!" Taking a -4 for non-lethal.

Static arc pistol (E): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 = 23
Hey, a crit!
Non-lethal damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3) + 1 = 6
Followed up by just outstanding damage. Or not.

After firing, Zoom exclaims in a mix of bewilderment and a little desperation, "Calm down Mr. Bear! We're here to help! Can you help us find out how you got here? And... why?"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Stun:
Just in case, you do know the Static Arc Pistol has a Stun mode?
Quote:

Stun

You can set a weapon with the stun special property to stun Mode (or reset it to normal Mode) as a move action. While in stun Mode, all the weapon’s attacks are nonlethal.

And that, luckily, we are 10 feet away, or else we'd have been zapped by the crit'.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Stun

Spoiler:
Yeah, but setting it to stun takes a move action and I would've still had it set to lethal after our space creature fight. Rather than not shoot at all to switch to stun, I was going to have Zoom fire with the penalty and then switch it next round. Not that it matters if the first 5 points of damage are lethal or non-lethal because of how HP damage works in Starfinder (where only the type of the last point of damage matters), but I felt it would be more in character to try not to kill the thing right away for Zoom. I don't think he's been exposed to many... or any?... uplifted bears. This situation is probably very confusing for him.

Also I thought I remembered seeing some errata somewhere that said you could elect not to use the Arc special property if there were only friendly targets that the weapon could arc to, but I don't have it saved or in front of me right now. Due to our spacing it doesn't matter regardless.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Arc:
you could elect not to use the Arc special property if there were only friendly targets that the weapon could arc to
It's FAQed by Thurston as a caveat to no-PvP: you do not hit allies if it would make them drop to 0, or lose an RP etc., but otherwise you hit them[/ooc]


The Bear man shouts "You won't get it! The TRUE god of machines will rise again! Triune will fall!"

He then begins crashing through the lab towards the rear door.

Swift action put his hand on his longarm, move action, move, standard action, take a pot shot at Zoombo

Attack Zoombo vs. KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
If hit: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Piercing damage.

Inititive:
Zoombo
Bear-Man -6 HP
Hudson
Freen
Vaimo
Navar

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Not a friendly bear... at least it uses guns, that's cool!"

Hudson lets rip and blasts away at the furry enemy gunner.
He calls out to the bear:
"Since we are exchanging greeting cards..."

1st vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 = 16
2nd vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 = 17
If I choose a square and go to the worse of an enemy square, I believe there is no cover ; if I got it wrong then sorry, and Hudson reduces cover penalty by 2
1st P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
2nd P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Wellll... that is interesting... cultists from a rival god." mutters Kultanien.

She hurries into the room, not feeling at all well just at the moment.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen wanders towards the commotion. "What is going on?"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Hearing the commotion, Jaqweh hustles into the corridor and stops behind Hudson. He makes some encouraging comments about how best to target large bear men - in spite of never having even heard of them before.

Get 'em is up on the bear man. Add +1 to your attacks!

Next round, he will attempt to intimidate/demoralize the bear man.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"OW!" Zoom exclaims. "The bear... shot me? Fine, no helping until you apologize!"

Zoom tries to remember anything he might know about bears like this.

Culture?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Life science?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Then he shoots the bear.

Zoom uses a move action to switch his weapon to stun. Then he uses a standard to fire on the bear. Then he drops prone.

Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
Nonlethal E damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Seeing Zoombo bite the dust, Hudson calls out over his comm': "Zoom's down! Medic! Zoom's down! "


The bear looks savaged, but is still up.

Zoombo Culture check:
You realize that this is an 'Uplifted Bear.' For reasons unknown, someone thought it would be a great idea to take a bear from Golarian, futz with their genetics, and make them smarter, bipedal, and have opposeable thumbs.

He reaches out with his Elbow and taps the control pannel on the door.
Swift action-open powered door
"Captain! We have heathens incoming!" he shouts. He then fires off a parting shot at Vaimo.
Standard action
Attack Vaimo vs. KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
He then squeezes through the door that is clearly too small for him and disappears from sight.
We are still in combat rounds

Inititive
Zoombo

Bear-Man -37 HP
Hudson
Freen
Vaimo
Navar

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Ooof " continues Kultanien, as she promptly throws up. Who would have thought an android could do that?

"Just the after effects of that grenade, I think" she says.

She lines up the doorway with her laser.

"Next thing coming through gets a laser bolt."

Readied action to fire at person showing themselves.
attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
F damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson jogs off across the room and up to the open door.
He calls out to Jaqweh: "Captain, they have a captain too!"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

How much damage has Zoomba taken? His post says he drops prone, and Hudson called for a medic. Jaqweh can hit him with a serum if needed, but I can't tell.

Scarab Sages

I think Zoombo dropped prone for the +4 vs. ranged attacks to Ac, and Hudson (not the player, the character) overreacted.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Seeing the bear with the gun leave the room, Zoom uses his lowest set of arms to help push himself to his feet. Move action to stand.

"No, no, I'm fine! We've gotta catch up with that bear!" He exclaims as he darts after Houston. Move action to move 40 feet. (30 plus 10 feet from operative quick movement)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Oh!" Freen exclaims and nervously walks into the room and pulls out an odd looking rifle.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

(Yes, was just RP, with Hudson seeing Zoombo get hit and drop)

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Jaqweh begins to reach for a healing serum until he sees Zoom suddenly stand up and dart off. He enters the room behind the others, and pauses only a moment to make sure that Vaimo is okay also before stopping behind Zoom, pistol in hand.


???Inititive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

From further inside the ship you year a door open and some grunting, as if a large sized bear-man was trying to squeeze through a door sized for a medium-sized creature.

You also hear another door open and someone yelling.

”Gearhead! Gorram you get out here! They bypassed your flarging trap!”

Initiative
Zoombo
Bear-Man -37 HP
Hudson
Freen
Vaimo

???
Navar

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson calls out to the person yelling: "Yo, dude! Who's the they, cuz maybe we ain't the they you think we are? Maybe we can avoid blasting one another to bits?"

Hudson moves through the open door and turns to the right to go through the door that is ajar--
(if it is like on the map?)
--and glances around--
(only as a "free" action, just to see where the bear or whatever else is, not to search etc.)
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
--ready to keep on moving.
(Hudson spent 3 squares out of his Move action, he will keep on moving, I imagine, just not sure which door is open)


Hudson sees a human woman trying to gain cover in one doorway, and the bear in another. The bear uses his readied action to open fire!
Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

201 to 250 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.