[SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema

Game Master VampByDay

A chance to recover an set of spacefarers presents not only an opportunity for archaeology, but also a way to make inroads with the church of Triune.

Repeatable scenario
Kinda-sorta starship tag.

Slides


1 to 50 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The Church of Triune approaches the Starfinder Society with a stunning discovery: a centuries-old Society starship has been found in the Drift! The PCs must search the Lorespire Complex for all the information they can on this starship before heading into the Drift and uncovering what befell the lost vessel.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

A lovely golden android slides into the briefing. Trailing behind her is another woman with a datapad and a distracted look.

"Kultanien, reporting for duty" she smiles.
"And this is Jopsie, my assistant."


I’ll get the basics of this off the ground. I know we still have one guy in another scenario so we won’t officially start yet, but I figure we can get character introductions out of the way.

Each of you receive a message from the dour yet sensible bleaching Gnome Naiaj. She says she has a mission for you and wishes for you to meet her in the ‘Starscape’ chamber of the Lorespire complex on Absolom station. The starscape chamber is somewhat similar to a HAC, and is primarily used for stellar cartography. Basically, it is really good at displaying stellar maps and co-ordinates. As you arrive, you find that Naiaj is not yet there, but there might be other Starfinders to interact with.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Hello everyone!" smiles a pretty golden android.

"I'm Kultanien, Kultanien Vaimo in full. I'm normally a diplomat, but I'm guessing that Naiaj called me here for a reason..."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Answering the summons, a lanky blue-eyed male human in his 20's, with a crew cut, enters, looking around:
"The ‘Starscape’ chamber... is that like some escape room? Oh... stellar starcography, carto... man, they sure called the wrong person."

Seeing the android, Hudson salutes with a finger to his temple:
"Hiya, Ms. Kultanian--"

He is wearing mismatched camo' fatigues, with an Acquisitives patch on the shoulder, and a Pvt. Hudson name tag on his chest pocket.
He taps the patch with his thumb.
"--I'm Hudson."
Beside the name tag is pinned a Starfinder Insignia.
He has a holstered pistol on his belt.
"And I ain't no diplomat.
Want some gum?"

Hudson offers her a stick, before popping one into his mouth.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

As each agent arrives, the handsome lashunta in the Steward's uniform makes a point to shake hands or offer the culturally appropriate greeting.

“Jaqweh Navar," he introduces himself. "A pleasure to meet you,“ he finishes with a dazzling smile.

"Not to worry, Hudson, I've no doubt that you have significant other skills, yes?"

As he looks around the Starscape Chamber, he attempts to recall what he learned about stellar cartogrophy at the Steward's Academy. Hmmm, in retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have taken that as a morning class....

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson salutes Jaqweh:
"Want some gum?... sir."
He holds his pack out.

"Well, I dunno about my skills, but if needed I'll bring Betty. The skills are all hers..."

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Jaqweh crisply returns Hudson's salute and accepts the offer of gum.

"Thank you. But no need for formalities or 'sirs.' When I'm assigned out to the Starfinders, I'm an Agent just like you all. I'm just curious what they need us for."

As he puts the gum into his mouth, he carefully folds the gum wrapper into perfect squares with even, straight creases just like his uniform.

"What caliber is Betty?" he asks with a knowing smile.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien offers Hudson a scintillating smile.

"Does Betty also chew gum?"

She gestures to a woman sitting quietly behind her with a clipboard and a small book. "Oh, and this is Jopsie. She often comes with me to provide some companionship. Often she has helpful advice."

The beautiful android does accept the offer of gum, and slowly chews it with a quizzical expression on her face.

Jopshie is either very shy, or hard of hearing, and keeps paying a lot of attention to her book.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson is quite impressed by Jaqwhe: ".50 caliber, she is."
Turning towards Kultainen: "And Betty chews everything... up!
Oh, hello Jopise!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

The door to the hisses open once more to reveal a deep red skinned human. Everyone recalls that such humans are natives of Akiton. He is dressed in a greasy orange flight suit and carries a jingling bag, giving off a strong 'starship engineer' vibe. He looks around tentatively with a concerned look on his face. "Umm...," he starts timidly as he raises a hand, "I-I'm Freen. I fix things.."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Hiya Freen! Hudson here. Cool if you know how to fix jammed guns... Want some gum?"

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien eyes the gum and the gun and ponders the two for a moment.

"I'm not sure that gum is very good for Betty" she notes cheekily.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Yah, sure!
Then Hudson thinks for a bit, and mutters: "But that wouldn't be what jams her now and then..."

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

"Welcome aboard, Freen," Jaqweh extends his hand for a firm handshake "We can always use a good mechanic."

After the shake, he surreptitiously wipes any grease from his hands before touching anything else.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

The door hisses open once more, revealing an orange skittermander dressed in a silky, cream-colored suit. The skittermander enters with five of his six arms extended, with his lower left holding onto an orange soda.

"Hello Nufriends!" the skittermander exclaims to the room. "My name is Zoombo Deskarin, but my friends call me 'Zoom', and that's all of you now! Hello hello!" Zoom takes a sip of orange soda before he pulls out a small datapad from his suit jacket with his middle-left hand.

"It's great to meet all of you. Kultainen, Hudson, Jaqweh, Freen, Jopsie," he says as he walks around the room, smiling and clasping your hands with his top set of hands while entering your name and profession into his datapad with his middle set, orange soda still clasped on the bottom left and the bottom right usually on his hip or behind him. "I'm a detective, so if I'm here we're probably going to looking for someone, or something. I'm going to give this mission all-six, so just let me know how I can help!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Glancing at Zoombo's arms, Hudson, who has never seen such an alien, mutters: "You can do better than 'Gimme 5!', cool...
Anyhow, hello!"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien gives out a little sigh at seeing the skittermander.

"Wow, you could shake hands with all of us at the same time!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"If anyone wanted to shake hands with you, that is!
Just jokin'... you want some gum?"


Well, my friend hasn’t gotten back to me, so I guess I’ll start

With a woosh, the doors open and Venture-Captain Naiaj enters the room, followed by a small robot—an SRO—bearing the holy symbol of Triune. “Greetings. I have called you in for a pressing matter related to a piece of the Society’s past. In 160 ag, former First Seeker Lanrah decided to make it the Society’s priority to research the Gap, using much of the Society’s resources in the pursuit of this quest. One vessel the Society deployed at that time was called the Amber Reconnoiter. That vessel disappeared under mysterious circumstances on a mission in the Drift. While it has been lost since then, the Amber Reconnoiter has become of interest to the Society yet again. MP-8 here can explain the details.”. The SRO wheels forward on treads, its single, focused lens looking around the room, and performs some semblance of a bow.

“I am MP-8, a priest of Triune and native of Aballon. It is an honor to meet you all. A few weeks ago, I received a vision from Triune itself regarding a precise location in the Drift. From this vision I deciphered a set of coordinates: a beacon code. Triune provides these beacon codes only in instances of the utmost importance, so we in the church knew we had to take action right away. I formed an expedition to travel to the beacon code’s coordinates, whereupon we found the wreckage of a starship from centuries ago. The ship still bore insignia of the Starfinder Society.”.

MP-8 rolls over to the Starscape unit in the center of the room and attaches an adapter cable to its datajack. The lights in the room dim, and the unit projects a holographic image of a ruined starship floating in front of the colorful backdrop of the Drift. “Naturally, we assumed there must be something of great consequence on that starship, so we approached. However, much to our surprise, the ship opened fire.” The Amber Reconnoiter’s hologram begins silently firing its weapons, projectiles exploding harmlessly and then fizzling out. “While we could have retaliated, we did not want to risk damaging what Triune considered so important. Seeing that the ship used to belong to the Starfinder Society, I have reached out to Venture-Captain Naiaj for aid.” MP-8 disconnects from the projection unit, and the image of the Amber Reconnoiter flickers and then disappears. “Whatever is on that ship is of the utmost importance to Triune, so you must recover it for us.”

Naiaj nods to MP-8. “We will help in any way we can, as this find doesn’t just interest Triune’s church but also the entire Pact Worlds.” Naiaj turns from the SRO. “I believe we have records of the Amber Reconnoiter along with the corresponding access codes that should allow us to disable the ship’s defense systems, allowing for safe exploration.” Naiaj pauses. “This vessel is also of interest in our matters. This ship was one of ours, from over two centuries ago, that disappeared during a mission in the Drift. The Society has been unable to ascertain what happened to the ship and its crew, and we would certainly like to find out. If you could, investigate the ship to see if there are any clues or records as to what happened to the crew.

“Now, Standard operating procedure at the time was to assign each agent on assignment a code, and two codes will he needed to gain full access to the ship. Unfortunately, The mission was so long ago, we don’t store those codes on our main server anymore. The Starfinder museum on the first floors of this complex-the lorespire-might have the codes. If not, then . . . Well I hate to rely on such. . . Unconventional tactics, but there is a Levarian Dreamer on board and they have been known to access long-lost information. And. . . We have an agent who has dealt with the dreamer before. Either way, any question?”

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hearing that "much to our surprise, the ship opened fire”, Hudson shrugs, and wonders what else the robot thought would happen.
"Opening fire is a healthy universal reaction to... everything", Hudson mutters.

Then he sighs: "Really? A trip to the museum... and some dreamer. That is what we've been called here for?"


Naiaj rolls her eyes at Hudson.
”May I remind you that the ship has been lost, presumable drifting in space, for for almost a hundred sixty years. That is why it opening fire is. . . concerning. And, of course as soon as you find the access codes, you will be going out to recover the information and whatever Triune wants from the ship.”

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Jaqweh pulls out his datapad to take notes in precise but elegant Castrovelian handwriting.

Gotta say I agree that they really shouldn't have been surprised, Hudson, he projects telepathically directly and discreetly to the soldier without making eye contact.

As he docks the stylus in his pad, he asks Naiaj aloud, "Captain, do you have any details about their original mission beyond just 'researching the Gap?' And what do you mean it disappeared under 'mysterious circumstances?' Do you mean it was a mystery why they disappeared, or was there something else going on?"


Naiaj taps a few entries on her datapad. She doesn't look up as she talks. "It seems that their mission data wasn't transferred to our newest servers either. The first seeker museum should have data on the mission parameters. As for the disappearance . . . we did transfer all the 'lost ship' logs in the latest update. We have their confirmation codes saying they entered the drift on a 'routine flight path' through the drift, but we never received a confirmation code that they had exited. Given MP-8's information, something must have happened to them inside the drift, which is rare."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson shrugs, and mumbles that "If it's been lost for a hundred sixty years it's kind of old and useless, just blast it apart", but snaps his heels and salutes: "Sorry, Captain Naiaj, will proceed to protect intel' gathering and then move in on target! Aye, sir."

He looks around: "Talkin' about stuff happenin' when you're in the Drift, my cousin, once, he... well, maybe this is not the place. I'll tell y'all later".

Once ready to leave, Hudson will go fetch his gear, that was left outside the meeting room in his old battered metal chest and he will suit up.
He puts a suit of light armor under his camo' fatigues, and straps a gunner harness to his chest, before mounting a heavy machine gun to the harness, which is a wearable support mesh with an articulated arm where the gun goes.
"That's Betty."
He clamps an electric-light beacon to the side of the machine gun, and adds various different-sized ammo' clip pouches and a couple grenades to his belt,
strapped alongside his pistol.
Beside his Pvt. Hudson name tag and the Starfinder Insignia, he has attached a serum of healing and a medpatch.
"In case of emergency", he says, pointing to them.
On his back, alongside his military backpack, he places some sort of dart-shooting longarm.
"Ready for the museum field trip..."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

The android gives Naiaj a glistening smile.

"Sir.. are their any records of the crew, or schematics or details of the ship itself? I confess that if it is still firing after hundreds of years, either it was crewed by androids, by elves... or by the undead. " she pauses for a moment. "Or maybe it is just on some type of auto pilot. Says something about engineering back that that it still operates."

Taking stock of the situation she asks "Who would we speak to in the museum? Can you give us a note to give us some priority access to their time? I'd prefer not to queue up behind a yoski kindergarten outing to get in.."


As Hudson leaves the room, Naiaj just shakes her head. "Agent Vaimo, you are Starfinders, I suspect the Starfinders in charge of the museum will give you priority access. If they are not amiable, have them call me, though I doubt that will be necessary. Also, would you please remind private Hudson that a LITERAL GOD personally asked MP-8 here to investigate the ship? And they have seen fit to come to us for aid? Maybe that'll stick into his mind as something 'worth his time.'

"Now, if there are no further questions, I have another mission briefing I need to give."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen visibly winces at the part where the ship opened fire, and again when it is mentioned. He wrings his hands nervously before whining, "Oooh, why can't they have a mission where we just fix something without getting shot at?"

Freen listens some more to his fellow pathfinders comments and questions, then slowly raises his hand, "Can we get a schematic of the standard ship design of the time?"


As Naiaj is headed out the door she turns back to the Akitonian human.

"It was an old YT-100 class ship. I'm sure that you can find information about them on the infosphere. Fairly standard vessels for their time, though they were known for their reliability."

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

“Yes, Captain, just one more thing. In case we can't find what we need at the museum, you mentioned a Levarian Dreamer and a particular agent we might need to find. Could we get the name of said agent, please? And any other info on this Dreamer. I hate to say it, but I'm unfamiliar with Levarians. “


”Agent Vaimo has had dealings with them” she points to the gold android. ”Dreamers are genetic cousins to the Brathu. They exist in something of a fugue state. Don’t understand it myself, but apparently this state gives them access to. . . visions I guess you would say. Like I said, dubious, but I’ve seen it pay off before.”

“They have humanoid agents that . . . Attend them I guess is the word. You should be able to talk with one of these attendants to arrange an audience if you need to.”

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien offers Naiaj a golden smile. "They are a little... vague.. at the bet of times. I think we would be best off trying the museum first, and then maybe we can visit the dreamer. The more background we have, the more sense we may be able to make of its ... visions."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom takes a sip of orange soda, which has made its way up to his top left hand during the briefing. He looks up from his datapad, clapping his bottom two hands together in excitement.

"Oh good, a chance to solve a mystery! I can't wait to get started! I have very detailed notes," gesturing with his right top hand to his datapad, simultaneously inputting more information with his middle hands. "We'll scour the museum for the codes to access the ship, and even if that doesn't work we can talk to this Livarian who might... have the codes, somehow. Sounds like a plan!"

"Oh, also, let me check on that YT-100-class ship on the infosphere, too!" He continues typing furiously on the datapad.

Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Does that help?"


Zoombo discovers that this class of explorer was popular over 100 years ago. Rather simplistic, but rugged. Tier 4 ship.

As the party makes their way downstairs to the FIRST SEEKER ILYASTRE MEMORIAL MUSEUM:

The pristine and cavernous halls of the First Seeker Ilyastre Memorial Museum contain holographic displays depicting Starfinders meeting new people, exploring breathtaking planets, fighting alongside one another, and discovering fantastic relics. Strange artifacts recovered during Starfinder missions fill glass cases in some rooms and are mounted to the walls in others. Quiet throngs of people move throughout, filling the space with the susurrus of shuffling feet and quiet discussion.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien looks around the museum, trying to find someone in charge - or at least a guide/catalogue that could show where to start looking.


Looking around for someone in charge, Vaimo finds a shirren that wears the badge of a high-level Starfinder, possibly a venture-captain. You recognize him as Chiskisk, a host shirren.

The shirren appears deep in thought, gazing up at a tableau of First Seeker Lanrah proudly looking over a crowd of elated Starfinders. Upon the arrival of company, they look away from the display. “Ah, hello! Why, if it isn't Pvt. Hudson?! Good to see you! I haven't heard from you since that nasty business with the gang-war! Hope you're doing well!"

He turns to make sure he addresses everyone. “I hope you are all enjoying the exhibits here. It is certainly most important that we remember the accomplishments of our predecessors.” Chiskisk gazes up at the scene of First Seeker Lanrah. “And learn from their failures.” They shake their head but then perk up. "But I suspect that is not why you're hear. Private Hudson, please introduce me to your fellow agents, I have not had the honor, and then maybe we can get down to why you are here . . . was I right in suspecting it is not to take in the artifacts?"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson looks at Chiskisk for a second... then snaps his fingers: "Tap water and bland wafers! I remember you, of course, sir."
He snaps his heals and salutes.
"Still all biological and no replacement limbs, so I guess I'm doing well, yes, sir."
He looks around: "Can't say we've had time to look at all these... old things.
Do you know if there's gonna be some show, though?
Oh, anyhow, let me introduce you to our squad leader, officer Navar... and his 2nd in command, Sgt. Vaimo, with Jopsie, the orderly. Then we have our scout, Specialist Freen. And, finally, our... cook: Quartermaster Zoom.
Our mission is that... a Trio of Gods have asked us to repair the spaceship they misplaced and left to rot."

Hudson takes a step back, and, standing at ease, nods towards Jaqweh: "Well, Captain Navar can explain the mission details, sir."
Hudson then whispers to Chiskisk: "Officers get testy when us grunts sum things up better than them."
And he winks.

While the discussion then progresses, Hudson not pay much attention, but will take Betty, and use the gun's built-in scanner, swivelling the scanner so it is pointed at all the group members, one by one.
"Just entering your bio-read outs so that you're on the friend-list. Won't harm you with this gun that way. Nice new perk from AbadarCorp.
They've also developed a semi-liquid cooling system that..."

But you can just tune his boring, but heartfelt, explanations out.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom steps forward, likely oblivious or maybe ignoring Hudson's reference to Navar explaining the mission details.

"Hello Chiskisk! It's an honor to meet you! I'm Quartermaster Zoom and I'm learning to cook now! We're visiting this museum because Venture Captain Naiaj got a request for help from the church of Triune who got asked by Triune themselves to help us find an old Starfinder starship that got lost in the drift a hundred years ago! It's called the Amber Reconnoiter, and we're here to find some codes for it. When the Triunites got to the ship it tried to blast them, which is really a mystery!"

Zoom takes a quick gulp of soda, talking even faster.

"So we came to the museum looking for codes for the ship so when we go into the drift to help out Triune we can shut it down and not risk getting blown up or having to blow it up because it seemed really important if Triune themselves wants us to check it out! If you had any information about where we could start looking for that, it'd really help us out, too!"

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 3 SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +3

Jaqweh had stepped over to read the data plate on an exhibit of ancient ship hull designs when he thought he heard someone introducing him as being in charge. Then the skittermander started talking a kilck a minute. What is going on now?

“I'm sorry, Chiskisk, I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm Agent Navar, seconded to the Starfinders from the Stewards Constabulary. “ He makes the appropriate gesture of greeting to the Shirren. “I don't think I'm really in command, but what Zoom has said sums it up nicely. Would you be able to help us track down these ancient personnel codes? Or at least point us to someone who could? “

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"We were also hoping to find out about the mission the Reconnoiter was on, and anything we can about her crew.." adds in Kultanien with a smile.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (3) + 1 = 23

"We'd really appreciate your help." she adds, directing her dazzling smile in his direction.


Chiskisk looks strangely at Hudson when he mentions a 'trio of gods' but his eyes light up when the Skittermander mentions Triune. When the PCs mention the ship and the time frame it went missing, you could swear he gets a little misty eyed before straightening up.

"Ah! Yes, well, Naiaj would be the one to know of something dating around a hundred and sixty years old so if she doesn't, I doubt there's a soul alive that does. But I think I can still help. The storerooms of the museum are filled to bursting with items related to Starfinder missions throughout the Society’s history, and I believe you might be able to find a relic from that era that could provide the information you seek.”

Chiskisk waives for you to follow him as he walks down the hallway. On his walk, he occasionally points out various exhibits of interest, but there is not enough time to stop and examine them.

"As it just so happens, we have a exhibit up on Lanrah's time as first seeker-she was first seeker during that time frame you see. All the artifacts from her time should be pulled. Should make them easier to locate.

"Lanrah was an ambitious seeker, but unfortunately, she was also . . . . overeager. Her goal was to study the gap, and she sank a huge amount of resources into crackpot theories that never panned out. Set the society back financially for years. See, just over there is an exhibit about how she spent hundreds of thousands of credits on an archaeological dig that turned out to be a garbage midden that was actually pre-gap. Sad state of affairs. Over there is an exhibit about her hiring dozens of hackers to try and untangle corrupted code she obtained from a computer during the gap, nothing came of that either."

Chiskisk finally comes to a stop at what looks like a maintenance door and opens it up to reveal a small office with half a dozen computer terminals.

"Ah, here we are! These are connected to the museum's inventory database. If we have anything about the Amber Reconnoiter in the museum, it'll be logged here. If you find anything, just print out the lot number and then head back to storage and CAREFULLY pull it out. Then you can examine it and put it back exactly where you left it." He shows you on a map how to get to the storage facility, which is attached to the museum.

"Oh, uh, do keep with it. Some of the files have become corrupted, and some were never logged properly to begin with, so you may have to search through the computer a bit. In fact, here . . ." the shirren leans forward and taps a few keys on the nearest workstation. "Little program I've made to help actually clear up the index. It's still in alpha-testing stages, but it might help. Happy hunting!"

Search Computers: Culture 20 OR Perception 24:

There is no mention of the "Amber Reconnoiter" in the museum logs, but searching for starfinder missions at the time that were lost, and cross-referencing it with First Seeker Lanrah's tenure and the YT-100 style ship nets you a mission number. The computer says there is a lot number in Storage facility 9 with relevant information.
Actually finding the lot in the storage facility is tricky, requiring a DC 16 Culture (or relevant profession check) or DC 20 perception check.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"...and Zoombo!", Hudson finishes entering his companions life signatures in his machine gun's targeting system.
Feeling a little out of place, he turns the gun barrel-up on its extended support-arm, and makes sure he does not knock things over.

Huffing and puffing, he is obviously carrying too much.
Unclasping a bandolier, with six serums of healing, he looks around: "Hey, guys, anyone wanna carry these for me. It's for the team anyhow..."
Overburdened w. the extra 6L, if any are up to carrying this

Hudson just stares at Chiskisk, and the workstation, before going back to fiddling with his gear.
no Culture of Computers to even Aid Another, and a measly:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien smiles, thanking Chisksk for his assistance. "When we come back, I do hope we'll have time to look through this in more detail." she gushes.

Not being great with computers, she just settles for offering advice to those more skilled.

computers(aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom does a cultural survey of the museum's relevant exhibits.

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen looks positively alarmed as his face contorts into fear and concern, "Oh, my! Scout specialist!? How did-?...but...I just fix things..."

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Freen fiddles on the computer for a short bit. "Well, there is no mention of the 'Amber Reconnoiter' in the museum logs, but after searching through starfinder missions at the time that were lost, and cross-referencing it with First Seeker Lanrah's tenure and the YT-100 style ship gets us a mission number. The computer says there is a lot number in Storage facility 9 with relevant information. If you'll give me a minute..." He fiddles some more, "Yep! The lot is this way." Freen seems to be more confident as he works on something. He then leads the way.


Surprisingly, the meek Freen, with the assistance of Zoombo, finds the inventoried item in the database with little trouble, and a few minutes later, the team is pulling off the cover of a museum exhibit that is at least one hundred years old. Apparently, the exhibit is designed to commemorate starfinders that were lost on mission and whose bodies were never recovered.

Opening up the exhibit, you find that it is a computer terminal about the size of a sofa, with the words "We remember the lost" etched prominently on top. It takes a bit of finagling, but Freen is able to get the holographic display (which projects over the terminal itself) up and running. Looking up the Amber Reconnoiter, you find the following information"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
|*WE REMEMBER THE LOST* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Starship Name: Amber Reconnoiter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Classification: YT-100 Medium Explorer (Style IV)xxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Crew: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Captain: Jesna "Red" of Maro: F Ysoki xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|----Command Code: (c137-1706-A11)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Gunner: Berkal: M Vlaka xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|----Command Code: ^*)^#&^(^%)^)@ (Data invalid)xxxxxx|
|Chief Engineer: Dayn: F Haan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|----Command Code: (Warning-data sector invalid)xxxxxxx|
|Chief Science Officer: Zantik: Agendered Brathu xxxxxxxx|
|----Command &(&*#*)&*&$&)$*(ode: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Final mission: Open up trade negotiations with&()*# xxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|*#&)&$*(&#@ and Zantik, all four formed a *(#(&# xxxx|
|bond with each other and went on *(&#)(*$ missions xx|
|together. They made an excellent *#&($*&-person xxxx|
|team and were *&*$)*(&@ liked among their fellow xxx|
|starfinders at the time, they will be missed. xxxxxxxxxxx|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom tosses his emptied orange soda can into a nearby recycler and walks slowly over to the display.

"'We remember the lost'... oh, no." He pauses for a moment, head bowed, three pairs of arms clasped behind him. Notably subdued, he says to no one in particular, "Well, it looks like it's up to us to find out as much as we can about them. I wonder if they could've imagined that Triune themselves would be interested in their ship so many years later."

Zoom pauses a moment longer, sighs, and pulls out another can of orange soda from somewhere in his suit jacket. He opens the can with a metalic pop, clears his throat, and takes a sip. He continues speaking with a more upbeat tone.

"Well, look here! The good news is that we have all of their names now and even some of their command codes in this document! We have their captain's... Red's... command code, but it looks like there's some sort of data corruption for the rest of these."

He takes out his datapad and starts recording the displayed information.

"Maybe we can ask the Dreamer about these other names? I don't really know how they work, though. We get some sort of dream and then they tell us something?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Zoom exclaims, scampering over to Hudson after writing down the information from the display, putting his datapad away on the way.

"I'd be happy to help you carry those, sir! We're all going to have to give allsix to find out what happened, and I can carry some more weight once we get going on our mission!" He reaches up to Hudson with his top two pairs of hands.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien can't help but be impressed with the helpful little skittermander, although her attention is more on the computer terminal.

Turning to Chiskisk she asks "What about the ship's codes. Do you think they will be somewhere, or was the captains code considered the ship codes by default back then?"


Chiskisk is no longer with you, he left you to your own devices in the computer lab. However, Naiaj did say you'd need at least two of the crew's command codes to gain full access to the Amber Reconnoiter.

1 to 50 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.