[SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema

Game Master VampByDay

A chance to recover an set of spacefarers presents not only an opportunity for archaeology, but also a way to make inroads with the church of Triune.

Repeatable scenario
Kinda-sorta starship tag.

Slides


51 to 100 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Oh, thanks, man... err... skitter. Thanks, skitter'!"
Hudson hands the bandolier over.

While all are busy with the computer, and having checked they are not looking at some game, Hudson discreetly moves over to collect the orange soda can Zoom tossed into the recycler.
He drains it, hoping there is a gulp left.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Zoom looks over at Hudson.

"Oh! I have extra! Feel free to have one any time!"

Zoom approaches, pulling out another orange soda from somewhere in his suit jacket with his middle-right hand. He holds it out with his top-right while taking a sip of his own in his top-left hand.

"I'll be sure to grab some more before we head off into the Drift, too! Say, do you think Livarian Dreamers like orange?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Why don't we go ask one." laughs Kultanien.

"I don't think we'll find out much more here, at least for the moment. Though... if we don't get the 2nd code from the dreamer, we may have to return before setting off."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Oh, wow! Thanks a lot. Generous!"'
Hudson takes a drink.
"That's tastes a lot better than what you get in the R2Es..."

"Off to see the dreamer, then?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"It's only 5 credits a six-pack, and after getting stuck in the Scoured Stars for a year I've resolved to treat myself to life's little luxuries from now on."

"Let's go meet this dreamer!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Oh, you were stuck out there?! Man, that must've been tough. I was part of expedition to go after the disappeared. Got hazard and danger pay too."


After putting the exhibit back, you head out of the museum and to the communion vaults, Vaimo leading the way. Once there, you are told that you are expected, despite not making an appointment, and you are ushered into one of the vaults many chambers.

In this stark chamber sleeps the Whisperer of Solar Winds, a jellyfish-like being whose glowing body slightly pulsates as it floats in midair. Beside it stands a nervous-looking halfling with shocking purple-and-pink hair, wearing a Starfinder insignia and a Starfinder backpack. “Uh, hello there! I am Kaeri, the, ah, current trainee interpreter for the Whisperer of Solar Winds. It is nice to meet you all.” Kaeri then winces slightly and resumes speaking in a softer tone. “I’m still not exactly sure what wakes the Whisperer, so I try to stay quiet. I hope I’m doing this right...” Kaeri pulls out a datapad from her backpack. “The Whisperer presented a vision to me that it wanted me to communicate to you. I believe it wants to welcome you to its home and to show you how to find your own vision.”

She takes a small white cube from her backpack and hands hands it over to Vaimo. "I think this is supposed to help you find your own vision?" she says unsure of herself.

Engineering or Mystisim 15 to IDENTIFY the cube:

The cube is a sort of puzzle box. From what you remember and what the halfling has said, if you solve it, it might contain the vision you seek. You can solve the puzzle by shifting the sides of the device in the proper order to reach the proper configuration.

If VAIMO (no one else) takes the cube:
Vaimo's mind is bombarded with a vision of thousands of herself looking at the cube. Each of them, seemingly unaware of the others, starts fiddling with it. Each Vaimo begins operating the cube, pulling, pushing, and sliding the panels of it around. Many of them get nowhere, but a few seem to 'solve' the puzzle and it lights up. Then the vision cuts out and you are standing back in front of the dreamer, the cube in your hands. Because Vaimo has seen various solutions to the cube out of the corner of her eye, she can grant herself or others a +4 bonus to solving the cube (that roll comes in a just a bit)

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"What's that?"
Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Oh?! That's a... puzzle, a puzzle box. I saw one of those on Escape Planet III. This gal is trapped and the solution to stop the thermonuclear explosion of the local sun is hidden in a thing like this. You kind of shift the sides, randomly, but real fast, and then something happens."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Hmm"

Mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Yep! That's what it looks like. Maybe something magical about it, too."

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien reaches forward to take the cube, and then stops, stunned by the visions presented to her. Almost she drops it, but then grasps hold and an expression of concentration enters her face.

A moment, or maybe ten, she can't tell, pass.

Jopsie quickly steps forward and lays a concerned hand on her shoulder.

Then, opening her eyes Kultanien offers a bow of thanks to Whisperer of Solar Winds. "Please convey our thanks for Whisperer of Solar Winds." she says first to Kaeri.

Turning to the rest of the group she confesses. "I saw... many futures... in some of which I solved this box. While I can't remember details, I think there are some dead ends we might want to avoid..."

Feel free to open the spoiler, anyone attempting the cube will get +4 from the visions shared.

mysticism(Jopsie): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
"I too agree. Although I'm not sure how accurate the rendition in Escape Planet III was." she says, directing a stern 'maths-teacher' glance towards Hudson.


Okay, you guys can all attempt to solve the cube. The primary person attempting to solve the cube will need to roll mysticism. Anyone else can aid another with Engineering, mysticism, or slight of hand. Remember, everyone gets a +4 to these rolls because Vaimo remembers glimpses of how to solve it from a different vision. Please let me know who is primary and who is assisting.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson tries to point out things that he saw in the movie, helping the one working on the cube.
Engineering Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
"How accurate?! It's a holo-vid', I mean, that's, like... the truth! They filmed it! It's what happened."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Twist it that way!" Zoom makes gestures with all six of his hands at once.

Sleight of Hand Aid Another: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 = 28

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Jaqweh had been observing all of this quietly, and he seemed a bit distracted with his data pad. He puts it away as he explains with a tone of contrition, “Sorry, folks, Stewards' business. Apparently I've still got some outstanding paperwork from my last investigation. But I think I'm all caught up now. “

He steps up to look over Zoom's shoulder, narrowly avoiding getting whacked by a flailing soda can.

Engineering to Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

“I have to agree with Hudson's suggestions there. That should work... “ he adds to the discussion.

Maybe Zoom should have taken the lead with that roll. Or Vaimo for story purposes.

Sorry for the absence lately. I'm back, and should be able to keep up for the next several days.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

The primary roll has to be mysticism. I'm hoping Zoom is not the group's best mysticism.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Oops, yeah I misread that. Thanks for the correction.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

If nobody else is trained in Mysticism, then Jopsie will have a go at that, otherwise this will be an aid-another.

Kultanien's stern looking assistant looks around the group and sighs.
"It's kind of like that mind maze we met on Athaeum, but.. different" she tries to explain.

Mysticism, no aid's applied as hopefully this is not the primary roll: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 = 19 At least an extra +6 if this is the primary


The Jopsie, with the help of the PCs, manages to solve the cube and it glows green.

Spoiler for Jopsie I guess?:
Jopsie suddenly sees herself standing in an old style starship. Ahead of her, a vlaka and a ysoki are playing a board game. It takes a moment, but Jopsie realizes that the Vlaka is blind. Yet he seems to be playing the board game just fine by resting his hands on the electronic controls of the board game and the holographic interface moves of its own volition.
”-We need to up the ante for this game.” the ysoki is saying.
”What, laundry duty again?” the vlaka replies.
”No, better. I win and you have to perform with me and my new wave cover band for the next talent show!” the ysoki roars with laughter.
”Please! No more of that keytar!” the vlaka replies in a joking manner.
Just then a brathu floats into view.
”Glorious news! I have just solved the chain polypeptide dilemma for my thesis! With this breakthrough, I estimate I am 12% complete towards my goal!”
”That’s great, but did you remember to type in your command code when leaving the bridge to lock in the autopilot?” the ysoki asks, suddenly taking on a much more commanding presence.
”I-uh-apologies captain, I shall do so right now.” the brathu floats over to a control panel.
”HQ has been clamping down on that, let’s try and remember to do it in the future.”
Jopsie clearly sees the brathu type in the code 616-42-Red13. Then the vision fades and she is back in the chamber with the dreamer.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Jopsie is my way of RPing the assistant ally

Jospie straightens her hair, which was already tightly pulled back.

"That was... unexpected." she says.

"I saw a .... a vision I suppose, remarkably. I've never had one like that before. Kind of like a dream while awake.." she shakes her head while Kultanien puts a reassuring arm around her.

"There were two figures... a blind vlaka and a yoski.. on a spaceship. An old one, presumably the one we are looking for. I guess they were Jesna and Berkal.."

She thinks back to the vision. "They were playing some type of holographic board game. A brathu came into view. I surmise it was probably Zantic. He had solved the Polypeptide delemma!"

She looks astonished. "Well, he thought he had. I don't think anyone has solved that yet. Getting that solution alone would be worth the trip don't you.." she looks around, realising that nobody else is probably interested in it.

"Anyway, he had not entered his code for the autopilot, but got called on it by the captain, and... yes! I saw him enter it: 616-42-Red13"

"Oh well done Jopsie!" smiles Kultanien.

"I think that is everything we need here?" She offers a bow of thanks toward the dreamer. "I wonder if Triune is wanting us to find the solution to that dilemma. Or if that was just another false lead?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Another false lead?" Zoom asks, quizzically.

"We're right on the trail! We've got one code from the museum and a second code from..." He gestures at the dreamer while taking a quick swig of orange before continuing, "And we only need two codes to get this ship to recognize we're it's friends, or something like that, so I think we're ready to go, right? I'd better go change and stock up!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Did you win something, Jopsie? Some prize to pick... I'd take the plushy toy if I were you."


Assuming you contact Naiaj with the information, she tells you to select a teir 4 ship (Pegasus or Drake, though she says the better sensors of the Pegasus would probably serve you better, she leaves the choice to you.) You can then set out in the morning.

Select a ship. Also, technically there is no starship tag, but I will still need crew positions.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Not so surprisingly, Hudson will check out the turret and gunner positions.

+5 Piloting also, w. 0 ranks, but if I need to be the pilot I think we are not well off!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Freen stands back seemingly uninterested in touching, or having anything to do with the cube.

***********************

Freen wordlessly carries his bag into the engine section of the Pegasus.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

“Nicely done, Jopsie, “Jaqweh offers in heartfelt congratulations.

“If you all will excuse me, it seems I do need to swing by Stewards Constabulary Ops to finish some paperwork. I'll meet you at the ship in the morning. If it matters any, I'm inclined to agree with Naiaj's recommendation on taking the Pegasus,“ he finishes with a bow and takes his leave of the team.

In the morning, he comms in to see which ship everyone agreed on and meets them there. As he looks over the panels, and sees everyone else settling in, he volunteers to take the Science Officer position. “Computers aren't my strongest suit, but I sense that some of you others are stronger in all the other positions, “he says looking around at the very skillful team they have.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"I mean, I can pilot..." says Kultanien..

Jopsie doesn't look enthralled. "But the captains chair feels so soft.."

+10 to pilot, surely someone must be able to beat that.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Hello again, Nufriends!" Zoom exclaims as he boards the Pegasus, now dressed in normal, comfortable clothes, wearing a backpack and the bandolier Hudson gave him earlier. For the first time since you've met him, he does not seem to be carrying an orange soda.

He sees the pilot's chair empty. "Oh, we're needing a pilot! I would be happy to help by flying the ship! I've had a little bit of practice and am really good at making tight manuevers," he says, nodding at all six of his extended arms.

Piloting +12. Everything else is worse.


Looks like we have:
Pilot-Zoombo
Engineer-Freen
Science-Navar
Gunner-Hudson
Captain???-Vaimo?? (She doesn’t have her character sheet online so I can’t see her skills.)
Is this correct?

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

The sheet is linked from my profile. Click on my name in the stat block and it should bring it up. Or just go to here. Short answer is her diplomacy is +13+1d6+1


You pile into the Pegasus, go to your respective stations, and take off. The Skittermander doing a fine job of getting you into the drift. Once in the drift, the autopilot takes over, leading you through an incomprehensible set of twists and turns that are apparently needed to get you to your location. After a few days, the autopilot says you have arrived and disengages.

Ahead of you is a massive storm of elemental energy. Bouts of rock, flashes of lightning, eruptions of flame, and chunks of ice all move in seemingly random patters, suddenly stopping their momentum and moving in the opposite direction occasionally. Jopsie informs you that this is a ‘planar bubble.’ A confluence of planar energies that have been pulled into the drift. They are chaotic and difficult to navigate.

Navar detects a very damaged, very old starship at the center of this planar bubble, where the energies aren’t so chaotic.

Suddenly, alarms go off in the ship as a convalescence of lightning forms behind you. Zoombo is forced to head into the bubble before the chain of lightning wrecks the ship.

Remember, you have 2 +2s to any of starship rolls this turn, declared before you roll. The following takes place over a single starship round. The science station gets a +4 to rolls for sensors, and no bonus or penalty to piloting checks for maneuverability

First, Physical Science DC 18 from anyone:
You determine that this electricity discharge will wreck havoc with the shields if Zoombo can’t get out of the way pilot. However the SCIENCE OFFICER ONLY can attempt to modulate the shields to mitigate some of the damage (computers check.)

Then, after someone has succeeded or everyone has failed the physical science check, the pilot can make a piloting check to get away from the storm.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom draws on his patchwork knowledge of physical science.

Using the Jack of All Trades operative ability.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Actually that should be +3 but I'll take it.

"Hold on everyone!" Zoom exclaims. "I don't know much, but I think it would be bad for the ship if it got hit by all of that electricity! Mr. Navar, can you try to fix our shields so all that energy doesn't hit us so bad? I'm gonna try to dodge it!"

Practically standing in the pilot's seat with all six arms flying across the controls at once, he continues. "Here we go!"

Taking one of the two +2s to use on piloting.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

"Wahoo!" Zoom shouts, pushing the Pegasus to try to stay out of the electrical storm.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

"I certainly can't argue with your assessment, Zoom. I'll do what I can," he says, though he sounds uncharacteristically lacking in confidence.

Computers: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Taking the other +2. I presume the +4 for the ship's sensors doesn't apply to modulating shields, but if it does please add it.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

Kultanien looks at the sensors, and then Jopsie sighs and heads over to them, clip board in hand.
physical science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

She nods to Zoombo. "I think you are right. That looks like quite a dangerous storm. "

Kultanien calls out over the intercom "Evasive manoeuvres please helm. Everyone else... hang on."


Navar fervently tries to set up an oscillating shield frequency from the science station, but he needn't have bothered, Zoombo's excellent piloting skills get them away from the electrical storm. However, as he blasts on ahead, a huge chunk of ice seems to form out of nowhere directly in front of the ship. Jopsie realizes that it is actually being pulled from the paraelemental plane of ice, and it just keeps growing and growing as more and more of this ice sheet is pulled into the drift. There's no telling how large it'll get, so piloting around it is out of the question.

Start of a new starship round, +2 computer blips are reset.

SCIENCE OFFICER ONLY, scan ice chunk with sensors DC 18:

You scan the chunk of ice for the thinest point and lock on to those coordinates for the gunner. You grant him a +2 bonus to hit.

After that, the gunner can attempt a starship attack roll to bust a hole in the ice sheet large enough to slip through.

Vaimo can of course, aid another either check with encouraging words as the captain, (DC 16 diplomacy for +2, or DC 21 intimidate for a +4, usable once per crew member per scene.

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Okay,Hudson - you're up. Let's see if you can blast a hole in that planar rift. Cau'se we're going through it one way or another.

encourage gunner: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 + (6) + 1 = 32

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson was debating whether to fire into the storm:
"Don’t see how it can do any harm."

But now he waits for Jaqweh: "Can you tell me if it is safe to shoot, captain? We won’t blast shards that’ll puncture our shields? Or something adverse?"
Waiting for that sensors spoiler check

If given the all-clear, Hudson will Fire at Will, manning both the forward arc and the turret's light particle beams, happily encouraged by the "other" captain, and using the computer to help calculate both shots.
"TAKE THIS! YOU ICE PACK!"

Gunnery 1: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 13 (counted computer & encourage)
Gunnery 2: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 29 (counted computer & encourage)

The first shot was not that good, but the second one was darn near perfect!

Light particle beam 1: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) = 10
Light particle beam 2: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8
If Crit' counts:
Crit' Location: 1d100 ⇒ 45

_____________
Fire at Will (Gunnery Phase, Push)
You can fire any two starship weapons, regardless of their arc. Each attack is made at a –4 penalty.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

"Standby just a sec, Hudson... " Jaqweh asks as he fiddles with the sensor controls trying to get Hudson the best data he could.

Computers, sensor package: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 4 = 30

"There, I got it! There's your targeting point!"

With that result, all of Hudson's shots are entitled to an extra +2

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

 »Thanks, cap’n! »


Next Starship round

Hudson’s first suit goes wide, but his second shot is right on target and blasts a hole in the ice sheet. According to Navar’s scans, it is just large enough to squeeze through, but it’ll be a tight fit.

The Engineer can attempt to divert power to the maneuvering thrusters (Engineering check)
THEN

Piloting check to get through the gap created by Hudson

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Need me try and blast the hole a bit bigger?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Human Tempered Pilgrim Operative 4| SP 5/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +1; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Over the ship intercom, "The ship's engines are being adversely affected by this environment!"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Okay helm. Nice and steady!"

Not sure if this is a new round and I can encourage again?

encourage pilot DC 16: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + (1) + 1 = 26

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom pushes more buttons on the piloting panel while pushing the ship forward. "This might get a little bumpy!"

Taking one of the +2s for the ship this round. I'm also including another +2 for being encouraged, but feel free to take that away if it's not allowed.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 28

"We can make this!"

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"I feel like we're a strong drink getting some ice cubes!"


The ship manages to through the hole no problem, and just passed the ice wall, it seems you have entered the ‘eye of the storm’ as it were, because things are a lot less chaotic. Navar is now easily able to pull up a visual of the ship, and it is indeed the Amber Reconnoiter. However, there is a new problem. The ship sits amid thousands of chunks of rock, presumably pulled from the elemental plane of earth. The chunks of rock are so tightly packed together that taking your ship in would be suicide. You have no idea how the Reconnoiter got there without being destroyed.

Hudson’s first reaction of ‘blast ‘em’ seems I’ll advised, as not only would that just make more, smaller rocks, but also likely destroy your target with all the flying debris.

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

Hudson shrugs...
"Since blasting is no good, guess we gotta suit up?"

Wayfinders

Envoy-5: EAC 15; KAC 15; Perc +8; SM +6(+1d6+1) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +2; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +4; Res 7/7; Stam 34/40; HP 34/34; Envoy

"Guess so. Best we rope up too. My armour doesn't have jets on it.."

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"Well, I don't have no rope. I don't even own my armor... it's a loaner from Abadar Corp'. But... good idea!"


You transmit your command codes as soon as you are sure you are within the Amber Reconnoiter's transmitter range, and Navar detects that the weapons system within the wreck powers down. You maneuver your ship as close as you can, but as you do, you notice some of the rock clusters seem to be radiating heat. Jopsie surmises that these bits of rock are phasing in and out of the elemental plane of fire, and might radiate heat on occasion. She also says she'll stay on the ship and keep in radio contact.

With little other choice, you consign yourself to the fact that the only way to get to the Reconnoiter is to do a spacewalk. You don your armor, turn on your environmental protections, and prepare to exit the ship. Luckily, the thing that is preventing you from docking with the Reconnoiter also might make this space walk easier. There is so much rock debris here that you surmise even if you go flying off, you should be able to grab ahold of a rock and get back into the area.

If Zero G takes you off the map, you can end your NEXT turn back on the map, next to a rock. I also recommend reading over the zero G rules. Because all the asteroids are so rocky, you can use handholds and whatnot to move at half speed while 'on' an asteroid. Check the slides section, I've placed you all on the map.

After ejecting from the ship, you manage to reconvenie on a large rock. To your great surprise, this rock bears walls and ancient carvings. You surmise this is a ruin of some long-lost civilization that had one of its sites swallowed up by the drift. It is rare, but this planar bubble may have made this kind of thing occur more often.

As some of you are snapping holophotos and recordings with your datapads. you notice two large creatures seem to detach themselves from the undersides of some of the other rocks. . . . and they are heading your way! And they look hangry!

Initiative-Freen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Initiative-Vaimo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative-Hudson: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Initiative-Zoombo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Initiative-Navar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Initiative-Weird monster thingies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Bold may go!
Zoombo
Vaimo
Freen
Hudson

Wierd monster thingies
Navar

Acquisitives

early 20's, Male Human Merc' | SP 0/32 ; HP 28/32 ; RP 6/7 | (+4 Mobility) EAC 20 ; KAC 20 | (+2 vs. spells & SLAs) Fort. +5 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Perception +7 ; SM +1| Active condition(s):
OOC:
LN lvl 4 Soldier (vaguely worships Abadar)

"I'm a space-marine!", Hudson keeps on calling out over the comm' unit, propelling himself from rock to rock, giggling like a kid.

But, when he sees the two creatures, he sobers up.

"INCOMING!"

And Hudson just starts firing at the green hued thing, with the basic piercing rounds he has loaded.
"You look hungry! Do you like lead?"
His harness blocks a good deal of the recoil, and his repeating shots are better aimed, and he seems to have a good eye, and is less bothered by any of the stuff blocking his view.
(only -3 for Full Attack, not -4 ; reduces cover penalties ; I counted the -2 range)
1st vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 18 (reduce cover penalty by 2)
2nd vs. KAC: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 5 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 16 (reduce cover penalty by 2)
1st P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
2nd P: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

• I drew a line to best & worst squares of green, from the lower right corner of Hudson's square, and have LOS and I believe no cover (but put cover modifier up in case), no problem at all, of course, for what the GM decides re. cover
• I count 14 squares, which gives -2 from range (60 ft. or 12 square range for the gun)

51 to 100 of 313 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS]Vamp By Day's PbP 1-25, The Code Beacon Dilema All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.