CALL OF CTHULU- THE MASKS OF NYARLHOTEP

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A play through of the Masks of Nyarlhotep campaign for Call of Cthulu.

Maps

Documents

images

notes/clues


251 to 300 of 622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Barney you manage to climb down the shaft, however when you reach the tunnel you stumble.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Just out of curiosity is this something where you automatically take damage? I rolled a 10% ?


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur grimaces at the decision not to take the fight to de Mendoza now but they are a group and will need to live and die as a group. Hopefully live.

He Climbs down as well as best he can... Dexterity vs. 40% 1d100 ⇒ 54 but his best won't do...


Apologies Barney, misread the roll, you take no damage

Arthur you stumble as you walk down.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Henry tries to climb down too

climb:80%: 1d100 ⇒ 39


You find yourselves in a tunnel. About 30 feet away from you to the west you can see a pile of rags, sticks and other detritus in an alcove. It is possible it is some form of mummified corpse.

Spot Hidden rolls please


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur muffles a curse as he turns his ankle on the way down.

Spot Hidden vs. 70% 1d100 ⇒ 14


Arthur, you see something white and glistening moving in the eye socket of the skull (you are currently 30 feet away)


Male

Spot Hidden, 45%: 1d100 ⇒ 1

”I guess they used this place for burial in the old days.”


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

For some reason my last post didn't take.

1d100 ⇒ 72 Spot Hidden (35%)

"Well let's go see what happened to that poor soul, and see if we can tell how long he's been in that state".


Henry, you realise that the rags/body/mummy is completely infested with kharisiri larva which are animating the body.


Male

"Not without a torch you don't - the rags, body, mummy, all of it are infested with the kharisiri larva, which will animate the body. Let's burn it."


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Barney had taken a step that way, but when the danger was pointed out, he stopped in his tracks with a look of horror.

"Yes... Please burn it... Is there a path for the smoke to escape? Perhaps hold the torch up for a bit to see if the smoke can escape. Don't want to be breathing in Kharisiri dust".


Barney, you realise that the chimneys are deep enough that any smoke will be automatically drawn up it and away from you.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

"Light them up guys"!


Jackson throws a torch at the rags, as instructed

Throw(35%): 1d100 ⇒ 8


Jackson's throw flies true, striking the bundle of rags and it starts to burn, however the rags and body are quite wet so it may take multiple attempts to get it alight.


Henry tries to throw another torch at the bundle

throw:20%: 1d100 ⇒ 12


Henry's torch strikes the bundle. It is now fully alight and burns with a thick black smoke that mercifully is drawn upwards and away from you by the chimneys


Male

"Barney, toss another one on there, just to be sure."


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

"If it looks like it's about to go out I'll toss one... but we've a limited amount, so maybe I'll save this in case we need it later".


[i]The two torches are enough to destroy the bundle.

Moving on you come to another chamber. It looks mainly empty at present, however it does appear that this is the dormitory for the kharisiri.

The chamber is a plain stone lined room. There are three filthy om the floor. The rest of the room is piled high with jewellery, watches and ancient artefacts.

You can each take £2000 in trade goods


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

I'm not exactly sure what is on the floor?

"Let's leave the loot for now. We can always make our way back here. Wouldn't want anything to sneak up on us".


Sorry- late night posting, it should read "There are three filthy mats on the floor


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

"Agreed Barney, the real treasure here is in preserving our lives whilst we bring these creatures to their end.

Which way next..."


Male

Henry eyes the loot, then sighs and says, "Yeah, you're right. Let's see...which way next?"

GM, where are we on the map above?


I have put a red dot on the map to show where you currently are


You can hear a slurping, wriggling noise coming from the west


Male

Looking in the direction of the noise, Henry nervously kicks his lips and says, ”We should probably check that out, huh?”


You head on and come to an area that seemingly ends in a wall. There is a 2 inch wide crack in the wall and it is clear that it was made deliberately. Its dimension fits exactly the seal that you are carrying.

The hole is filled with a pool of rancid white fat and the stench of decay is almost unbearable. The surface of the pool moves constantly.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

"That's not good".

Can we see where the pool is filling from?


The pool appears to be filling from the charnel pit above, you surmise that the kharisiri were vomiting this stuff down to fill the pool. You can see some more larvae within the fat. The fat has a waxy, oily feel and you would have to wade through it to repair the binding.


Male

"Do you think we could burn it off?"


It does look as if the fat/oil would catch alight if a flame was put to it


As you stand there you hear a noise behind you, you turn and see De Mendoza and Larkin. Larkin looks much healthier than when you saw him earlier.

"Ah, congratulations on making your way down here. You will remove the rest of the ward."


Male

"Why would we do that? Doesn't seem like a particularly good idea to me." Henry's pistol is in his hand, clearly expecting this to turn violent in a hurry.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Barney also turns to meet the others, trusty 45 in hand.

"Why indeed? It seems to me the ideal plan would be to restore the ward".


[i]Larkin, looks up and grins a sickly grin. You can see that his eyes are now completely black.

I'm afraid that doesn't suit my plans. You will remove the rest of the ward now or we will destroy you.


We need to go to initiative here so Order is

De Mendoza
Barney
Jackson
Henry
Larkin
Arthur

De Mendoza starts to move forward slowly, moving towards Henry

Barney, your action


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

"Plans change".

Barney... assuming things are coming to a head, shoots at De Mendoza... who he considers the more dangerous physically of the two.

1d100 ⇒ 88 Colt 45 (55%)

Pushing the roll.

1d100 ⇒ 67 Colt 45 (55%) on Second thought.

Uh oh.


[i]Barney as you try to shoot De Mendoza your gun jams.

Jackson shoots at De Mendoza also.

revolver: 80%: 1d100 ⇒ 95

damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Jackson's shot also goes wide.

Henry, over to you


Male

Henry unloads at De Mendoza, firing three rounds.

Pistol, 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 90

Pistol Shot 2, 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Disadvantage die: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Pistol Shot 3, 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 54
Disadvantage Dice: 2d10 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur sighs, "I knew we should have double backed and attacked these two on the surface. It's not something we English generally do but I ah, did tell you so".

Arthur Action:
Arthur will light up two more torches!


Henry shoots and strikes Mendoza.

Larkin starts to chant and wave his arms.

De Mendoza moves forward and attempts to attack Barney with his sword.

Sword:50%: 1d100 ⇒ 1

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Back to Barney


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Dang Daniel. De Mendoza doesn't mess around.

Barney reels back first looking in shock at his useless pistol, then in horror at the giant gash opened up in his torso. Now fighting for his life, he draws his heavy fighting knife, and attempts to fend off the... creature...

1d100 ⇒ 39 Knife (35%)

1d8 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2 Damage

HP 7/15

No need to push that roll. Even if it hit it only shaved him a bit :-(.

Might need to start thinking about a new character Barney is about as unlucky a hero as I ever made :-)... and things aren't looking good for him.


Male

Henry suddenly thinks Larkin might be the bigger threat now, and begins firing at him instead

Firearms (handguns), 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 41
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Firearms (handguns), 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 79
Disadvantage Die: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Firearms (handguns), 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 50
Disadvantage Dice: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Barney, your blow strikes Mendoza glancing wound

Henry you manage to strike Larkin with two shots and he staggers back, clearly wounded.

Arthur, back to you


Arthur throws one of the torches at Larkin

throw:20%: 1d100 ⇒ 54


Arthur's torch misses.

De Mendoza attempts to attack Barney again

sword:50%: 1d100 ⇒ 67

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Barney, your action

251 to 300 of 622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call of Cthulu All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.