CALL OF CTHULU- THE MASKS OF NYARLHOTEP

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A play through of the Masks of Nyarlhotep campaign for Call of Cthulu.

Maps

Documents

images

notes/clues


151 to 200 of 607 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The woman and boy are struggling to mainatain their lead, it may be possible to catch up with them

Back to you guys


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Where are Mendoza and Larkin while this is going on?


As far as you know Larkin and Mendoza are in their hotel


American Doctor of Medicine | HP 11/11

Brent keeps running after the pair.

"Stop! We just want to talk!"

Dex: 1d100 ⇒ 60


Male

Getting up from the pavement, Henry continues his chase, trying to catch up to the pair.

Dex, 60: 1d100 ⇒ 20


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur has grit, the same grit that allowed him to survive the trenches of the Great War, he gets up and continues.

Dexterity 40% 1d100 ⇒ 84

But his lungs stil have yet to recover and running was not something that was ever his forte'.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Barney finds a place to relax in the shade until the others return, trying to get rid of his splitting headache from the altitude. He finishes his conversation with Nayra with a word of thanks.

I think it might be worth our time to visit the Pyrimid on our own. Barney mulls as he absently rubs the gold seal in the pouch at his side.


Henry, you also manage to get close to the pair running away

Anyone else?


The pair turn off from the main road and turn into what they discover too late is a blind alley. You are able to corner them here.


Arthur and Barney, you are able to catch up with the others should you wish to do so


What do you want to do?


The old woman and teenage boy snarl and hiss at you


Male

"Hey now, no need for that. We just want to talk. Why are you so interested in us?"

Charm, 15%: 1d100 ⇒ 65


As you step forward they hiss again and their jaws and mouths elongate to form the leech like mouth you have seen before.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Maybe I should find the others and suggest we leave for the pyramid in advance of Larkin.

Since Barney is unaware of the developing situation, he would simply walk to where the others disappeared, unless he hears gunshots of sounds of violence, in which case he'll begin to run.


Male

Seeing the two people's mouths emerge into the leech-shape, Henry says, "Hey Jackson? Remember what I said about us not shooting them? I've changed my mind. Let's shoot them."

Henry pulls out his pistol and fires a bullet at the woman.

Firearms (handgun), 70: 1d100 ⇒ 58
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur catches up and draws his lighter from his pocket and lights it, he reaches into his backpack to grab at a torch. His lungs wheeze at the strain of catching up after falling behind and then falling on his behind!


[i]Henry, your bullet tears into woman dealing her significant damage.

Jackson (handgun): 60%: 1d100 ⇒ 97


Jackson's gun jams.

Anyone else?


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur lights one of the torches and hurls it at the smaller "creature" that appears to be a child. It misses, not by much, but it misses.

What should I roll to light and throw one of the torches? I am assuming Throw 20% - 1d100 ⇒ 30


Yeah throw would be correct.

Arthur tries to throw a torch at the creature but it lands just at the creature's feet.

Barney and Brent,w hat are you doing?


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Barney is hustling to the scene since he was back talking to Narya and walking slowly towards where they chased until the gunshot rang out, which made him hustle. If by chance he makes it to the scene in time, he'll shoot one of the monstrosities.

1d100 ⇒ 66 Colt (55%)

But his headache, and inability to catch a good breath, cause the loud report of his pistol to be in vain.


Brent, over to you


Brent, your action


American Doctor of Medicine | HP 11/11

I'm very sorry, I think I'll have to drop out of this game. I wish you all the very best and hope that it continues on without me.


@Brent - no problem, hope you enjoyed it while you were able to play

The kharisiri move forward ready to grab Arthur and Henry

Back to you guys


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Barney tries to concentrate, and sees Brent turn aside and dash for one of the trucks, fumbling with the keys in his haste to be away. He swallows hard, and tries to still his shaking hands, and panting breath. He takes aim at the larger of the two creatures.

1d100 ⇒ 31 Colt (55%)

1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage

"Ah! Got ya!"


Male

With the two Kharisiri bearing down on him, Henry squeezes the trigger three times, trying to take them down before they got to him.

Firearms(handguns), 70%, Attack 1: 1d100 ⇒ 71
Firearms(handguns), 70%, Attack 2: 1d100 ⇒ 73
Disadvantage die: 1d10 ⇒ 7
Firearms(handguns), 70%, Attack 3: 1d100 ⇒ 30
Disadvantage dice: 2d10 ⇒ (10, 1) = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Two of Henry's shots just miss the creature, however the final shot rings true and strikes the creature.


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur grabs another torch from his pack and tries to light it, this time instead of throwing it, he holds it and waves it in the creatures direction.


The teenager backs off a bit from Arthur's torch, snarling. The old woman is shot through the arm by Henry's shot and then in the chest by Barney's shot. She is quite badly wounded but is still there.

Jackson fires at the teenager

45 revolver: target 80: 1d100 ⇒ 96


Jackson's shot just misses the teenager as it backs away.

The old woman moves towards Henry and tries to grab him

Brawl- target 60: 1d100 ⇒ 90


Henry easily manages the old woman's arms as she tries to grab him

Back to you guys


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Determined to eliminate at least one of the attackers Barney takes careful aim, and unleashes another bullet from his trusty 45.

1d100 ⇒ 31 (55%) Colt

And scores yet another hit on the monstrosity.

1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Ballistic Justice


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur steps forward and brandishes the torch at the old woman trying to grab Henry's arm.

I guess Fighting/Brawl is the closest skill at 25% 1d100 ⇒ 28. Miss!


Barney's shot flies true and strikes the teenager between the eyes and it falls to the ground.

Henry are you taking another shot?


Male

”You know, you creatures are really getting on my nerves.”

Henry fires at the woman again, hoping he only needs one bullet to finish her.

Firearms, Handguns 70%: 1d100 ⇒ 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Sorry, holiday weekend in the US.


The shot hits the old woman, she is still there but only just. Jackson, also tries to shoot her.

45 revolver: 80: 1d100 ⇒ 70


damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


The old woman is blown backwards by jackson's shot but she stands up and starts to move towards you again. You notice that the teenager's wounds are slowly starting to heal up.

Back to you guys


Male

"Give me that and light another one." Taking the torch from Arthur, Henry swings it at the kharisiri, trying to put her down.

Brawl, 45%: 1d100 ⇒ 30

Not sure what kind of damage that does.


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

Arthur relinquishes the torch to Henry and indeed reaches back to light another.

I hope this works else we are in trouble...


I would say using the torch will do 1d8 damage


Apologies really tired last night so didn't post much

torch damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Henry's torch flies through the air it strikes the old woman and catches her clothes. Almost immediately there is a whomph of flame and she catches alight, eerily making no sound as she burns alive.As her body crumbles it falls onto the body of the teenager and that too burns into ash, leaving nothing behind of either of them.

Although you are are alone in the alleyway in the distance you can hear shouts and calls for policia, policia


Male

"Time to go. Let's make sure we aren't anywhere near this area when the police show up."

Henry sets off, running away from the area.


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

Still a bit shaken at the events, but glad the monstrocities have been put down... for good. Henry panting at the exertion runs after the others.

"Why don't... we just leave... ourselves and head for... the Pyramid early". He pants still having trouble breathing in the high altitude.


HP = 9/11|MP=14/14|SAN 70/70|Spot Hidden 70%

"Agreed. If we do that we may alert our, associates, foes, I am not sure what to call them of our intentions. We should stay near them but be wary". Arthur likewise pants as he too hustles away at the sounds of the sirens.


You manage to get away from the crowd and it does not appear as if you have been followed by the police.

So are you staying with Larkin or heading off on your own?


Male Human (Scottish American) Bounty Hunter

"I believe you all know my feelings. We have the gold seal, and don't really trust Larkin... besides I'd like to get a look at what's there without them breathing down my neck".

151 to 200 of 607 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call of Cthulu All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.