Intense Variant Rules Gestalt Mythic Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Game Master Sebecloki


501 to 550 of 576 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

Hi all, just wanted to make clear, why my PC is walking slowly off to show the labs location. Ynja is responding to this line of conversation in game play, which was with a player and NPC where she was asked to show "Right now" where the lab was. Posted that here.

Pai Song wrote:

Pai Song looks at Ynja, consideringly.

***Discussing this in private would certainly be suitable. Even better though would be when Fumiko would lead us to this place, right now.***

Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:
"More than happy too, but knowing my luck of late, I would bet they cleared out the moment I escaped. But they may have left something"
Sebecloki wrote:


Ameiko's eyes narrow even further, almost disappearing within their distinctive epicanthic folds,

"A possessing spirit? A mad mage's laboratory?"

She then turns to Ynja,

***"Where is this mysterious citadel of evil from which you claim to have emerged?" ***

But she would stop, of the party wanted to deal with things here 1st.

So, to be clear she went to the Sheriff and handed herself over, offering to show Everyone [See above] where the mad tech lab was. Was asked by a player PC to do so "Right now" and an NPC, she set off to do just that. Walking **slowly** BUT she will NOT go on walking, if the others do not follow, in place pointing in its direction or describing it more etc. :)


Could we all please try to be peaceable?

I have some interesting ideas for stuff coming up that we can get to if we can all get along for a sufficient amount of time to keep the game progressing.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5
Sebecloki wrote:

Could we all please try to be peaceable?

I have some interesting ideas for stuff coming up that we can get to if we can all get along for a sufficient amount of time to keep the game progressing.

100% GM,

But I think MG just feels she [I] am acting alone and not with the party., That we seems to have jumped off dealing the main story line.

I Loved your post about the town and getting to the Glassworks, but Ynja would not go on walking if the others did not follow. Should have made that clear in my post and that was my mistake not GMs. Blame me no other on that account, GM. I think MG is justified here, as I did not expect a jump to the door. If its ok could I use that post as her thinking her way back. Kind of minds eye trip this as she remembers. That way she can wait to see what the party dose.

EDIT:
Posted in game play, So right now she is still waiting for the others to follow.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)

Seb,

Could I add the domain spells I gain from taking cleric via the gestalt HOPF to my oracle spells known?

At the moment, I would only get the 1st and 2nd levels spells, and at most(20th level), I would gain the 5th level spells.


Explain to me the rule issue more. Doesn't the gestalt feat not give you spellcasting?

Shadow Lodge

CG Gunslinger Striker/Hedgewitch(6) | Vigor: 194 | Wounds: 124/31 | AC: 55 | Touch: 54 | FF: 21 | DR: 7/armor | Fort: 28 | Ref: 52 | Will: 24 | CMD: 64 | Init: 42 | Per: 18 | Speed: 60' | Tension: 9 | SP: 12 | MSB: 6 | MSD: 17 | Conc: 14 |

Slade, the character sheet in your profile is not viewable.


Saves: F: +8 | R: +7 | W: +9 | CMD: 20 | Init: +9 | Per: +10 | DV 60' L.Fighter (Weapon Master) / Tactician (Battle Medic) 3 | Vigor: 32/35 | Wounds: 36 | Def: 15 | FF: 15 | DR 5/adamantine | Crit Def: +16 | | Init: +9 | Per: +10 | DV 60'| Speed: 40' | PP: 18 | SP: 7 | MP: 5 | Resist 5 Fire, Cold, Electricity
Sebecloki wrote:
Explain to me the rule issue more. Doesn't the gestalt feat not give you spellcasting?

Technically he's not getting spellcasting from it; the domain class feature gives a number of items, including the powers, spells known, and the extra spell slot to cast them with. He's asking for just the first two items, which is a rules question because it removes a restriction and shifts the casting type from prepared to spontaneous (though I think spell points already cover the last bit).

My completely unasked for opinion would be to allow it. Normally clerics only get one domain spell prepared per level per day.... You could restrict it slightly to say that once a domain spell of each level had been cast with an oracle slot, he is locked out from using the other domain spell of that level until his spells refresh. That's a lot of book keeping, personally, for something that doesn't really seem that powerful in this game.


M Humanborn
Vincent Bloodmoon wrote:
Slade, the character sheet in your profile is not viewable.

It is viewable for the GM.


M Humanborn

I'm not sure why I'm getting, in some cases repeated, requests for access to my sheet. The only people that need access have access. I dont ask to see paper sheets from my fellow players at the table in real life so I find this highly irregular.

Shadow Lodge

CG Gunslinger Striker/Hedgewitch(6) | Vigor: 194 | Wounds: 124/31 | AC: 55 | Touch: 54 | FF: 21 | DR: 7/armor | Fort: 28 | Ref: 52 | Will: 24 | CMD: 64 | Init: 42 | Per: 18 | Speed: 60' | Tension: 9 | SP: 12 | MSB: 6 | MSD: 17 | Conc: 14 |

First, given the number of games people are in, characters they encounter, and time that goes by between interactions, it is one of the easiest ways to reference who a character is and what their capabilities are.

Second, in this specific case, people might want to understand how you arrived at a 216 point stat total without being accusatory.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Henric Logos wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
Explain to me the rule issue more. Doesn't the gestalt feat not give you spellcasting?

Technically he's not getting spellcasting from it; the domain class feature gives a number of items, including the powers, spells known, and the extra spell slot to cast them with. He's asking for just the first two items, which is a rules question because it removes a restriction and shifts the casting type from prepared to spontaneous (though I think spell points already cover the last bit).

My completely unasked for opinion would be to allow it. Normally clerics only get one domain spell prepared per level per day.... You could restrict it slightly to say that once a domain spell of each level had been cast with an oracle slot, he is locked out from using the other domain spell of that level until his spells refresh. That's a lot of book keeping, personally, for something that doesn't really seem that powerful in this game.

Seb, Henric sums it all up pretty well.

Basically, I get the cleric's domains from the gestalt feat, but miss out on getting their bonus spells.

However, with Aleister being rebuilt, he'll now be an oracle, which is also a divine caster. I was wondering if I could the few bonus spells from my domains added to my oracle spells known.


M Humanborn
Vincent Bloodmoon wrote:

First, given the number of games people are in, characters they encounter, and time that goes by between interactions, it is one of the easiest ways to reference who a character is and what their capabilities are.

Second, in this specific case, people might want to understand how you arrived at a 216 point stat total without being accusatory.

The GM has the sheet and the math is explicitly laid out.

Who he is: learn via in character interaction

Capabilities: see my first post with spellcraft DCs, or naturally encounter them in a non-metagame way.


M Humanborn

youll just have to forgive that i am none too keen on disclosing actual stats to party members especially in this party where i have been keeping up and things very readily verged on PvP. My abilities and defenses are none of your concern except as pertains to what you find out naturally in the course of in-character interaction.

I am doubly none too keen on it considering one of the repeated requests was also the catalyst of the near-PvP.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

Sounds like a grand idea, so seeing how your PC in actions will show us what he is like. My PC has read his actions keenly and responded.

Enjoy.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

I'm going to redesign my PC a little to make her fit better to the role she seems to be in.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:
I'm going to redesign my PC a little to make her fit better to the role she seems to be in.

What role does she seem to be in?

Shadow Lodge

CG Gunslinger Striker/Hedgewitch(6) | Vigor: 194 | Wounds: 124/31 | AC: 55 | Touch: 54 | FF: 21 | DR: 7/armor | Fort: 28 | Ref: 52 | Will: 24 | CMD: 64 | Init: 42 | Per: 18 | Speed: 60' | Tension: 9 | SP: 12 | MSB: 6 | MSD: 17 | Conc: 14 |

I think Vincent is fully revised.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5
Aleister, Lissala's Chosen wrote:
Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:
I'm going to redesign my PC a little to make her fit better to the role she seems to be in.
What role does she seem to be in?

Good Question


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Humanborn

can someone be of assistance? I am trying to figure out if the paizo site is having some sort of malfunction. this campaign lists Seb as the GM yet Ynja appears to have complete authority over the NPCs and deciding to split the party and such. Is anyone else getting this error?


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)

Ynja,

I'm not sure why you suddenly decided to say Aleister can't go to the lab, as his only concern right now is to make sure the sorceress is properly incarcerated as she's the actual villain here.

He thinks its a bad idea to bring a bad guy to a location where there might be other bad guys. Seems like a logical concern, no?


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

Aleister your right, he should not have been listed as she knows him. This has been fixed.

And Yes the sorceress is the actual villain here. So why not concentrate on her. And let Ynja happily wait with the sharif until your done. You see this started when Ynja showed up and tried to explain what had happened to her. Where by the party stopped dealing with the sorceress and went for Ynja instead. And as far as I can tell are still going after Ynja. It's really your call, deal with sorceress or Ynja. Ynja just wants to show what happened without pregicde, she feels right now she is not getting a fair hearing as there seems to be a bunch of men trying to control her and her actions. The knights, and now this new stranger. She feels a wee bit put upon and bullied. Look at it from her point of view. She wanted to explain things but has had nothing but accusations name calling and threats. Reread what has been posted.

She could have just gone off and done her own thing, but no the 1st thing she did after getting away from her captures was come to the party for help. She has stopped asking for help as she feels she will now get none. so she is bargaining with the only things she has that's wanted and thats information. But she can wait, while you deal with the real Villain.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:
And Yes the sorceress is the actual villain here. So why not concentrate on her. And let Ynja happily wait with the sharif until your done. You see this started when Ynja showed up and tried to explain what had happened to her. Where by the party stopped dealing with the sorceress and went for Ynja instead. And as far as I can tell are still going after Ynja. It's really your call, deal with sorceress or Ynja. Ynja just wants to show what happened without pregicde, she feels right now she is not getting a fair hearing as there seems to be a bunch of men trying to control her and her actions. The knights, and now this new stranger. She feels a wee bit put upon.

This was actually what Aleister suggested. Between the sorceress, Ynja/Fumiko and Knights accusing the PCs of being involved with the attack on the town, there's a lot that needs to be resolved.

Aleister suggested we all go someplace private to discuss all of this. Like to the town jail or the mayor's house or somewhere not outside among the townsfolk.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

And Ynja would happily do that.


Saves: F: +8 | R: +7 | W: +9 | CMD: 20 | Init: +9 | Per: +10 | DV 60' L.Fighter (Weapon Master) / Tactician (Battle Medic) 3 | Vigor: 32/35 | Wounds: 36 | Def: 15 | FF: 15 | DR 5/adamantine | Crit Def: +16 | | Init: +9 | Per: +10 | DV 60'| Speed: 40' | PP: 18 | SP: 7 | MP: 5 | Resist 5 Fire, Cold, Electricity
Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:
And Ynja would happily do that.

... Except you started walking away towards the lab and ignoring everyone else, forcing the issue into which way people would go. Rather than explain what is going on, you just started walking away with no explanation IC. Please understand we are not trying to attack you, as a player or a character; but I at least am confused about what you are actually trying to do / play, and whether you are being deliberately antagonistic to the party or if it just comes across that way because text lacks nuance and context.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

About her walking off.
This was a combo of a Jump and again a player AND the GMs NPC asked her to show them where the lab, in fact the GM NPC Sherif has clearly stated he would like to see this lab as soon as possible. She did not act with out reason. She walked slowly And stopped when asked. Remember The knights offered her a means to end this. But she did not take it, but rejected them. And offered herself to the sheriff without a fight. A have offered and I mean it, Ynja will wait out what the party dose with the Female mage.

Being attacked,

As a player
Not as all. We have all clearly communicated and responded in a clear and helpful way.

As a PC
That is a whole other thing, I am responding as I see my PC would act, given what seems to be a lunch mob mentality that now seems to have come into play around her. Acusinal language is being used, "Bad spirit", "Body stealer" "unnatural Creature" and the condescension and judgment accusations. I could go and cut / past what has been said to her.

Then out of the blue, a new accuser shows up with Lighting and thunder and in place to talking about the Female mage and the attack. Just started in on her.

Add to that the two Knights she was investigating the night before and also the way they have tempted her and another. In her mind this new face could well be working for them.

So you can see Ynja just feels picked on and victimised. Its clear out and out mob bullying in her view. She is angry on one level. Scared on another . Ynja is not powerful, she knows she can be destroyed by semi god like power beings here. She is seeking to play the hand she has been given with a cold logic as things play out.

On another note:

I will say this, look at the number of posts, look at the level of interaction here. This is no prodectrian game.

Scarab Sages

Defense 38|18 Armor DR: 7/adam or Huge. Crit Def: +25 Vig 87 Wnd 42 (Thresh 21) F +24, R +30, W +27 (+4 vs. Mind Affecting effects); +2 vs. enchantments, +4 vs. poison Aura courage (10 ft.) Init +23; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +22

What does "prodectrian" mean?


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

Should have been pedestrian, I was rushed as its a two unit shoot day.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)

I was looking for something, and went back through both the discussion and gameplay threads, which reminded of something that still hasn't been settled:

Ynja, what was the point of you attempting the tactic of claiming that the PCs were bad guys, somehow in league with those who attacked the shrine? Why did you lie about being Ynja in a different body?

I know you said that was there was some telepathy going on, but I posted about how that was all out loud speech based on the use of bold text vs italics.


Image here Defence 25 | Armor-DR2/7*/11** Force | Wounds: 34/34 (0NL) Vigor: [48/48] Stamina: [pool] [8/8] | F+28*, R+38*, W+38*) Init: +10; Perception +21 | CMB: +6; CMD: 28| Mythic 5/5 | HeroP 5/5

You mean after Pai Songs demanded that Ynja be detained, calling her unnatural and a blasphemous. Even after ynja said she was a victim.
You know attacking back after being a victim is common in trumatic cases,
Like Ynja's who had a very traumatic one. Again she came willingly seeking help, but in place of help in her view was victimised a second time. I have set out why Ynja feels sthis. If you keep on at her like this your doing nothing more than proving that point to her.

So as I said, you now have a choice, You can keep having a go at Ynja who has handed her self willingly over to the law OR you can go back to the game plot.

It's your call.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Humanborn
Ynja Eva Ragnavold wrote:

You mean after Pai Songs demanded that Ynja be detained, calling her unnatural and a blasphemous. Even after ynja said she was a victim.

You know attacking back after being a victim is common in trumatic cases,
Like Ynja's who had a very traumatic one. Again she came willingly seeking help, but in place of help in her view was victimised a second time. I have set out why Ynja feels sthis. If you keep on at her like this your doing nothing more than proving that point to her.

So as I said, you now have a choice, You can keep having a go at Ynja who has handed her self willingly over to the law OR you can go back to the game plot.

It's your call.

sounds like you are threatening to hold the game's progression ransom for the fee of being able to do whatever ridiculous thing you see fit. then, in doing so, victim blaming those you are holding ransom.

as has been said many times, this is a game for many people, not just you. you might have more fun writing a book rather than trying to be a part of a collaborative experience.


Now this is not the same thing at all. Up until now we have been talking about PCs. and there actions. Being respectful throwout to each other. As fellow players, willing to discuss things.

But Tenro, that is as clear an attack on a fellow player as I have ever read. I have to ask, was your motivation in joining this game to attack my PC and then myself. If so, that is not the kind of play I think Paizo wants on the its PBP boards.


M Humanborn
GM_Panic wrote:

Now this is not the same thing at all. Up until now we have been talking about PCs. and there actions. Being respectful throwout to each other. As fellow players, willing to discuss things.

But Tenro, that is as clear an attack on a fellow player as I have ever read. I have to ask, was your motivation in joining this game to attack my PC and then myself. If so, that is not the kind of play I think Paizo wants on the its PBP boards.

just because you post under a PC alias does not mean it is not wrong what you are doing. I won't be fooled by your misdirection attempts both in doing so and in blaming others for actions that YOU as a PLAYER chose for your PC.

I mean, this is just standard DnD etiquette. Tropes are tropes for a reason. "Edgy rogue" is a thing. Saying "that's what my PC would have done!" is not a defense for attacking a fellow PC (not that you did this, merely an example of a trope. )

As for my motivations, the game looked fun and according to the GM needed more players. I joined with reservations after seeing you were in it, but i figured it had been a few years since i had witnessed problematic behavior from you. I have been on these boards a great many years and have been in a great many games. I have seen your behavior before. I had hoped you had gotten better but it is clear you have not.

I see this as a teachable moment. It may not be, but that is what I see it as. You can learn from your problematic behavior and its effect on others, or you can choose not to. I am happy to leave the game if the GM at his/her sole discretion directs me to, or the other players (excluding you) vote me out in majority.

I am not unwilling to keep gaming with you. I *am*, however, unwilling to sit by silently and be victimized by your behavior.


I will not be drawn into personal attacks Tenro. The Boards are very clear on what your doing and on not allowing such things.
It's called cyberbullying clear and simple.

Now retract your personal attacks please.


M Humanborn
GM_Panic wrote:

I will not be drawn into personal attacks Tenro. The Boards are very clear on what your doing and on not allowing such things.

It's called cyberbullying clear and simple.

Now retract your personal attacks please.

I appreciate that you feel the way you do. However, misdirection and blame-casting will get you nowhere. I have in no way attacked you or bullied you. If you think my posts inappropriate, the "Flag" button is right there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I just got a PM from Panic/Ynja that they're dropping out of the game.


Male Weremonkey Rogue/Ranger/Trickster
Sebecloki wrote:
I just got a PM from Panic/Ynja that they're dropping out of the game.

That was not my intention with my last post here. Looking over things, I realized that was something that was never truly resolved, and I felt like it needed to be in order to truly move forward with the game. Accusing PCs of being the bad guys, and basically taking the game hostage is at the least very poor form.

I hope we can all just move on with this game, as I rather like what we have going as well as the group with have(both the players and their characters).


They're gone. I got another PM to remove the character from further updates. Let's try to get the game back on track otherwise.


I have some important fluff updates coming for the setting. I bought a couple of products for a 3pp. Setting called Amethyst last time rpgdrivethru had a big sale and I love what I've been reading. I'm going to incorporate a lot of that into this world.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Sebecloki wrote:
I have some important fluff updates coming for the setting. I bought a couple of products for a 3pp. Setting called Amethyst last time rpgdrivethru had a big sale and I love what I've been reading. I'm going to incorporate a lot of that into this world.

Seems interesting, but I must say, I hope we don't stray too far from the lore and setting of the Runelords and Vairsia. The main reason I'm playing in this is because I am absolutely fascinated by the lore of Thassilon, sin/rune magic, and the current permutations of them all in the current setting of Golarion. I've also tried and failed to play through Rise of the Runelords close to a dozen times, including a RL game. That was the one that lasted the longest, and we got to around midway into book 2, I believe.

I know you've said you weren't really keen on the actual world of Golarion, but I'm worried you're going to alter too things to the point of being unrecognizable.


Depends what you mean. I'm planning on keeping the runelords and varisia but not much else. The gods are Immortals.

I don't find Golarion interesting at all as a setting. It's basically cliches done in a much more interesting version in other settings. Cheliax isn't as interesting as either the Zhentarim or Calastia, for example. I just feel zilch inspiration reading about the other areas. Rise was written when they hadn't really developed anything beyond Varisia, so it shouldn't make a big difference for the basic structure of the adventure series.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Sebecloki wrote:

Depends what you mean. I'm planning on keeping the runelords and varisia but not much else. The gods are Immortals.

I don't find Golarion interesting at all as a setting. It's basically cliches done in a much more interesting version in other settings. Cheliax isn't as interesting as either the Zhentarim or Calastia, for example. I just feel zilch inspiration reading about the other areas. Rise was written when they hadn't really developed anything beyond Varisia, so it shouldn't make a big difference for the basic structure of the adventure series.

I suppose that's fine, though I'm unsure as to why you're going through all this trouble of fleshing out a setting we'll never explore. Rise doesn't leave Varisia at all. If we were able to go beyond that country, I would much rather explore the nations of Golarion, but since it's contained within those boarders, I'm curious of the need to detail everything else.

One of the things that appeals to me about Golarion is that it's obviously inspired by it's predecessors.

However, more so than that, within just the Inner Sea, one can literally run pretty much any sort of game one wishes, regardless of genre. As much as I love Faerun and Eberron, that's not really the case for either of them. Perhaps in Oreth, though I don't know that setting all that well.


Well there are characters from other areas who will show up. Varisia is a crossroads area. I've already decided done some of that with the Heldanns. Tastes are subjective I guess. I find nothing in Golarion more interesting than the stuff it's based on.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)

That's fair, and I'm not complaining. Nor am I trying to convince you change your mind, or imply that I'll drop due to not being in Golarion. Just stating my general preference for the setting.

As long as the lore of Varisia, Thassilon, Azlant, and the Runelords are intact, along with Lissala(Aleister's goddess/immortal), that's all that reallty matters to me.

Scarab Sages

Defense 38|18 Armor DR: 7/adam or Huge. Crit Def: +25 Vig 87 Wnd 42 (Thresh 21) F +24, R +30, W +27 (+4 vs. Mind Affecting effects); +2 vs. enchantments, +4 vs. poison Aura courage (10 ft.) Init +23; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +22

Sad story with Panic, but it is what it is.
That was pretty weird overall.

My opinion is we either do the AP or something else.
I would actually prefer the AP at this point.
Changing some names and stuff won't hurt it, as long as the overall stuff is still intact.

We already started Legacy of fire which is now whatever^^

Your homebrew stuff is appreciated, but i think if you want to homebrew an adventure, than do that, but do it before you actually run it please and don't copy the APs.


I think I already clarified that I'm not changing the basic AP plot.

However everyone is free to quit if they don't like my DMing style. I'll just start another game and find a different party. I'm not going to be told what to do for the game I'm running.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Defense 38|18 Armor DR: 7/adam or Huge. Crit Def: +25 Vig 87 Wnd 42 (Thresh 21) F +24, R +30, W +27 (+4 vs. Mind Affecting effects); +2 vs. enchantments, +4 vs. poison Aura courage (10 ft.) Init +23; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +22

Nobody wants to tell you what to do.
What i want to say is with all the ingame world building and rules changes etc this sometimes feels like a large construction site.
You complained about player attrition and i'm beginning to believe this might be part of the reason, because it can be a little frustrating.
So instead of labeling this an AP it might be better to just say it's a homebrew or self made adventure or open world, what is totally fine.
That calibrates expections a lot more.

Right now we had the situation that you buy new stuff in a sale and afterwards we have a large game change what also seems to affect the direction the game goes.
I think that's a bit disorienting for quite some people.
At least i can say it is becoming so for me, since all of that is also quite time intensive.
It's a lot more do something and stick to it untill finished, then do something new compared to we do something halfway new every month but never really finish anything.

And i had a lot of fun so far in your games, because i believe you're actually a great GM.


Well, I take the view that gaming material are sources of inspiration, not prepackaged products you have to use exactly as presented, and I'm a very creative person who wants to make everything my own.

In the Dark Sun games, I'm laying plenty of connections to the Legacy of Fire AP -- the entire lore with the Red God and Ymeri is the equivalent of the efreeti villain in the AP. I can tell a lot of people are just ignoring the world building, but it's definitely there if attention is paid, and it's not my problem if people won't pay attention to the setting detail.

The original idea of the APs was a structure you built a campaign around, not a cage that only contained those scenarios. You were assumed to add additional encounters and side treks to flesh out the campaign.

I of course actually want to use the stuff in my collection, just like everyone else wants to use the stuff they bought for their characters.

I'm already pretty frustrated with this game with all the group infighting and the result I now have to retcon stuff to get it back on track in kind of a messy way. In light of having to put up with all that, I'm definitely doing whatever I feel like with it in terms of setting and the worldbuilding elements I find interesting.


Male Azlanti Pureblood Bloodlord 3/Monk(Tattoo Monk)
Sebecloki wrote:
I'm already pretty frustrated with this game with all the group infighting and the result I now have to retcon stuff to get it back on track in kind of a messy way. In light of having to put up with all that, I'm definitely doing whatever I feel like with it in terms of setting and the worldbuilding elements I find interesting.

There's no need to retcon anything. Put Ynja in jail for stealing the body of Fumiko, and that solves that nicely. It's already in place. No need to get exotic.


Actually, I had a whole idea for an interesting non-combat scenario where there was a trial for destroying the shine, but it was unclear how to apply the law given the dual body situation, and that's all pretty much ruined.


M Humanborn
Aleister, Lissala's Chosen wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
I'm already pretty frustrated with this game with all the group infighting and the result I now have to retcon stuff to get it back on track in kind of a messy way. In light of having to put up with all that, I'm definitely doing whatever I feel like with it in terms of setting and the worldbuilding elements I find interesting.

There's no need to retcon anything. Put Ynja in jail for stealing the body of Fumiko, and that solves that nicely. It's already in place. No need to get exotic.

i would just have had the body fall suddenly, now dead. whatever magic bound the wrong soul to it having just failed

Sebecloki wrote:

Actually, I had a whole idea for an interesting non-combat scenario where there was a trial for destroying the shine, but it was unclear how to apply the law given the dual body situation, and that's all pretty much ruined.

yeah idk how that would have played out logically given that one of the bodies is a town celebrity

501 to 550 of 576 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Intense Variant Rules Gestalt Mythic Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.