GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


451 to 500 of 1,181 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Darjiah stands for a second and then runs through Marcus and red tower girl into the room acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (3) = 14 and shoots at the leader yelling "I challenge you to single combat for leadership of the tower girls" shoot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 221d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 so there will likely be attacks of opportunity... Lovely

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Erond will include the new ally in his song. (+1 attack and damage)

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Erond puts an arrow in the chest of one on the tower girls.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I redirected attacks as was need with peoples actions. I always try to do so in a way that is favourable to the players.

- A woman appears from nowhere, unleashing a flurry of attacks on the leader of these women. The first attack parried by the enemies animal reflexes but the second attack comes too quickly and the blade slide between two ribs. The daggers damage seems to be resisted though.
- Marcus's whip hits a blind tower girl with a resounding crack leaving her staggared.
- Von's acid ball is sidestepped through the sheer luck of a stumbling blind woman.
- Darjiah fails to roll past 'Red' reacting quickly she recovers and fires a bolt in the chest the blind tower girl (blue) who falls unconscious.

Will for Pink/Green/Purple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Green rubs the glitter from her eyes.

The heroes may act.
Von-Dai
Sevrus
Erond
Marcus
Darjiah

----------------
Tower Girls R(-9)PP
Wererat (-4)
Tower Girls GGW
----------------


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Darjiah takes a second to relax then once more attempts to roll through red and green Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (4) = 18 after another presumable failure she signs and shoots at the leader Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 and she yells "Girls, let's stop the fighting. *Insert leader's name here* has clearly gone mad with power, and it happened a long time ago. You know me, you know Natalya. We grew up together, and we left because she was not the person we knew. Sasha noticed it as well, as I'm sure all of you do. Her and the others are fine,we did this because we care. We can have a new start to the tower girls, and we do it now. Help us take down this shadow of the woman we once knew, and I will lead us into a future. A future where we help others in addition to ourselves, and don't have to run from the guard."


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai wasn't entirely sure what Darjiah's plan was, but if she succeeded in talking them down, it would be convenient. Still, best to assume she'd fail - these Tower Girls all seemed a little crazy.

Sighting one of the blind Tower Girls, Von-Dai's staff glowed with magic, and he hurled it towards the girl, trying to take her down. The staff then flew back to his hand.

Hand of the Apprentice, inspire courage vs Purple: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Damage, inspire courage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Darjiah makes it through. The girls seem to have too much on the line to surrend just yet. But she know they are not insane they will give up before all is lost.

Von-Dai launches his staff and then pulls it back with train dexterity. The move resulting in a broken noses and a split lip.


Sevrus grins at Darjiah's words and thinks, 'Well, it might work'. She continues trying to attack the leader.

I'm assuming that as Darjiah has rolled through red and green that the leader is now flanked and therefore can sneak attack?

dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4, 4) + 1 = 15

dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17

damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (5, 4) + 1 = 15


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus attacks the one directly to his south

power attack, bless, inspire courage
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Darjiah gets a direct hit on the leader but it seems to do no damage. Sevrus follows up with two stabs the second one landing but again she feels immense resistance to her blade. Von-Dai seeing an advantage hits a blind Tower Girl (Black). Marcus uses his whip to slam one of the tower girls into the wall where she falls unconscious (red).

Will saves B/W: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Neither of them can over come but the effect wears off.

Purple and Pink acrobatics into position. Purple Past Darjiah and pink past Sevrus.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 I think both beat CMB

Purple Attack on Darjiah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1) = 6

Pink Attack on Sevrus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (2) = 5

Confirmation on Darjiah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Confirmation on Sevrus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wererat leader attacks Darjiah with flank, but misses.

Attack on Darjiah: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5) = 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green also takes a stab at Sevrus also missing.
Green Attack on Sevrus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8

The heroes may act.
Von-Dai
Sevrus
Erond
Marcus
Darjiah
----------------
Tower Girls PP
Wererat (-10)
Tower Girls GB(-3)W
All can see
----------------


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

All the Tower Girls could see now, but Von-Dai could still see the one he'd struck last time, so he sent his staff flying through the air at her again.

Hand of the Apprentice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The staff went bouncing off walls before it returned to his hand, though.


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Was there a leader before the wererat?


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will target the purple one to his SE to relieve Darjiah of the flank.

power attack, bless, inspire courage
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot
Darjiah Emliak wrote:
Was there a leader before the wererat?

Yes. Sorry if this was lost in posting.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Marcus whip strikes the abdomen of the Tower Girl killing her instantly.

Dark Archive

AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

Erond fires into the group.

Attack last round: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack this round: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Erond kills black.


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Darjiah will roll back Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 and pops her final flask and her form shifts info the first leader "Guys let's do this for her. Let's change course for the good of the people. For Natalya, for *tower girl just killed* for *previous leader's name* and for *current leader* when she still had a shred of a soul. Let us kill *current leader* and stop this needless bloodshed"
looks like she'll be taking that attack of opportunity


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Ayala is the person you know and have previously identified as the leader, Darjiah would know her she has been discussed. This is either a usurper or lieutenant is Karisa, you may or may not know her.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus moves to avoid being flanked and attacks Ayala again

dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18

damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Aoo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Darjiah if you are still up can you give me a bluff check.


@gm- Given that some of our damage isn't getting through how badly injured does the leader look?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I would say she look 'bloodied'. It's a 4e term for below half. I use bloody <half, Critical <1/4


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

I'll get it up tonight, we're on the coast today


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sounds good.


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Bluff: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 9[ooc] are we playing with hero points? Also she was being genuine about a better day, so would it be diplomacy?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I went with bluff because she transformed which despite that honestly of the situation seemed deceptive. Hero points are not currently part of the game. I can look them up. I don't know the system. If the transformation was not that important to the desired effect you can give the performance or diplomacy result using the same rolls.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

The tower girls don't drop there weapons but they seem to be willing to listen for the time. Should a fight breakout again I will keep initiative posted.

The bold may as act:

Buff:
Bless, Inspire Courage, Bonefist


Von-Dai
Sevrus
Darjiah
Erond
Marcus

----------------
Tower Girls P
Wererat (-10)
Tower Girls GW
----------------


Sevrus moves slightly to give Darjiah flanking but takes no other actions as yet.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus is a bit confused as to whether or not to continue administering a beat down, so he waits.


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Darjiah, I think we're following your lead on this one. If you want to try and talk them down, go ahead.

Von-Dai holds his staff in a defensive position on the ceiling, waiting to see what happens.

Total Defense for an AC of 20.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Darjiah has been really busy. If they can't post by tomorrow I will bot them to keep things moving.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Darjiah says, "This is not what we used to do. We had grand plans, but they were not to hold up in a tower clinging to ancient trinkets."

"Darjiah, things have changed. There are new powers in the world and we will have access to them. No more living in run-down factories under the thumb of slum lords."

Darjiah frustrated, "What good will that do for you if you are dead at the bottom of the ocean. Dangerous magics are here and we have to find them. If we do no there could be a lot more then some tower girls lost."

The leader says, "Let us through and we will disband. Let me take the living and care for them."


Sevrus is prepared to let them go if that is what the rest of the party are doing but not before she has questioned them.

Where is the living body or the remains of Nazir Kalmeralm?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

"This place is full of bodies. I don't know one from the other, but we have no captive currently."


Female Human Rogue

Where are the bodies?

Sevrus will try and press for an exact location if possible, the Crow is a big place (at least the bit she's seen


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Who is Nazir Kalmeralm?

Von-Dai maintained his defensive posture, as the lady who showed up out of nowhere to fight with them seemed intent on locating either this person or his body.


Female Human Rogue

He's the father of my friend Sabriya Kalmeralm the princess of the bazaar. She sent me here to find him, but now's probably not the time.


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Darjiah says "I accept your surrender. But I plead to you my former sister in arms, come with me. Natalya and I will help you have a better life, and you will be longer have to be scared of the next leader's incompetency."


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

"I don't know there are a few on the other levels but we threw most of them into water. Dead bodies are bad for business and morale. Where can we go to meet you? To get this help?"

Local: Nazi used to run the chaotic Bazaar of Sails district of Magnimar, a feat no one else could manage. He disappear many years ago.


Female Human Rogue

Sevrus will ready in case any of the Tower Girls attack but otherwise will not take any other hostile actions.


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Noted. You can sense motive anytime you get suspicious.


Female Human Rogue

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Servus, they seem to be telling te truth.

Assuming you all follow the peaceful solution and agree to try and meet them and find them other opportunities they will start to treat their injured and count their dead. After that, you search the floor finding no remaining threats.

Here are the rooms you find. Please roll any skill check you want for any of the rooms. Apologies for the floor dump but there are a lot of empty rooms.

1d20 ⇒ 5

B16
Two tables of planks and trestles have been set up in here, and a large alcove holds the ashes and soot stains of many recent fires, along with a stone statue of a beautiful woman wielding a ranseur. A hooded lantern burns atop one of the tables.

DC 25 Knowledge (arcana or history) check:
The statue can be identified as being of Alaznist, the Runelord of Wrath

B17. Stairs Down
These stairs descend into an unexplored area.

B18
Several crates, barrels, and sacks lie here, stacked in an orderly fashion in the middle of the room.

Loot:
Barrels of salted fish, dried beans, and stale bread, sacks of rye flour, two casks of Varisian whiskey, and boxes of traditional Varisian spices.

B19
The eastern wall depicts a fresco of a tall, redheaded woman with a ranseur standing over a short, hunch-backed man—the ranseur is impaled in the man’s belly, and his twisted demonic hands clutch at the shaft as black smoke wafts up from his face and wounds.

DC 15 Perception:
check reveals a cool breeze wafting in from the south—an opening into the shaft there is masked by an illusory wall.

DC 25 Knowledge (history) check:
You identify the woman in the scene as Runelord Alaznist.
DC 35 Knowledge (history) check:
Spoiler:
The man on the ground is Thybidos, the Runelord of Wrath who preceded
Alaznist. Images of Thybidos are quite rare—if the PCs make a good copy of this image (with a successful DC 25 Craft or Profession check of an appropriate type) and give the image to Sheila she would value it highly.

B20
A dozen bedrolls occupy this large chamber, and a few pieces of crude wooden furniture have been set up between them—a couple of scavenged chairs, a bench, and a short table. Torches mounted on brackets in each wall burn merrily.

B21
This room smells strongly of rats—a mix of spoiled food, dander, and the pungent sting of rat feces, all under an incongruous scent of lavender. A blanket has been spread on the floor, and a recovered antique brass platter holds a few bits of rat-gnawed food.
Loot:
The brass platter is of Thassilonian make and worth 100 gp, while the fine pottery basin is worth 250 gp.


Female Human Rogue

[i]Sevrus will search for traps around the statue in (B16) and in the unexplored area (b17)

Perception-B16: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Perception-B17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Sevrus finds the floor to be free of traps. She does find materials that the girls could have been using for traps and disarmed traps but it seems the Tower girls though they were safe here.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will follow her around as bodyguard since he's not sure he trusts all these ruffians.


As Marcus accompanies Sevrus, she turns to him and says

"So are you guys here to deal with the Tower Girls?"


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

I think Von is back today so I will give him a chance to catch up because some of the checks are relevant to his back story.

Please also take this time to introduce your characters to Sevrus.


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

"Yes, one way or another. Seems like it worked. "


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Today, Thursday, actually.

Knowledge (arcana), B16: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Perception, B19: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Knowledge (history), B19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

I don’t suppose my success on the first Knowledge check gives me a +2 circumstance bonus on the second?

Von-Dai sees the statue and says, ”This statue is of Alaznist, the Runelord of Wrath. The Gecko must have been under her control. Wrath is associated most with Evocation. It is likely the Shard of Wrath that lies below.”


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You actually have a +4 circumstantial bonus.

Unfortunately, it confirms what you already know. Though you think the man on the ground is important, you don't know who he is.

Is there anything else on this floor anyone would like to do otherwise we will descend into the crow. Remember leaving and resting is an option.

451 to 500 of 1,181 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.