GL's Shattered Star.

Game Master Grandlounge

Maps

Loot


351 to 400 of 1,167 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

As you look around you the first side room (B6c) it seems that it was used until recently as a storage area by the Tower Girls. The next room (B6d) was used as a privy and garbage disposal area.

The room the Tower girls were held up in A small cook fire has been built in the center of the floor with spits holding the sizzling carcasses of two donkey rats. The broken scraps of a crate now serving as fuel are stacked nearby, and blankets have been pushed together into a large bedroll.

Several of you spot the poorly hidden secret door at the back of the room (DC8). A small latch in a pit in the stone release the lock and allow you passage. The door opens into a room yhe murals of which are scratched and faded. Several portions of the wall and floor show signs of past chipping. An empty plinth where a statue once stood rests by a small alcove.

Where would you like to go next?


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai enters the room (B8) and begins looking at the scratched and faded murals, searching along the wall and examining the alcove.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

Due to the poor conditions of the murals, you find nothing of interest or value in their content.


Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

Darjiah moves and searches for stuff Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 9 + (4) = 32, and if she finds nothing she will move to the right. Not like she'll miss anyithing with that roll


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

To the east side of the room you see (B9) a ledge festooned with old bird nests looks out over a shaft dropping nearly two hundred feet to sea level below. A large coil of rope sits on the ground near the shaft, one end anchored to a large piton driven into a crack near the wall. Opposite the shaft is another ledge with a window looking out over Magnimar’s harbor. The ceiling is a mere ten feet above, and crisscrossed by a complex tangle of stone arches that support the roof. Between the two ledges, a five-foot-square wooden platform hangs from four thick ropes that hang from the stone arches. The platform is further anchored by two thick ropes to spikes hammered into the walls near the edge of the western ledge, while another pair of ropes hang from the ceiling above, anchored to a hook driven into the wall near the same ledge.

What would you like to do?


HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

Marcus will also look around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
Spells:
1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
Active effects:

Von-Dai eyed the contraption, considering whether or not it would be safe to stand on. He decided to get a closer look, and, after checking to make sure there weren't any Tower Girls keeping an eye out, he walked on the walls and ceiling to get a better look.

I'd like to take 20 on Perception to study the rig, for a total of 21. Is that possible here?


SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

You realize as you look over the edge.

  • You are nearly 200ft up.
  • A highly skilled diver could make the jump into the water and live.
  • The rigging has been designed by the Tower Girls look rickety but is actually quite stable.

    Finally, and most importantly you find a secret door built into the south wall. It has piton hammed into the door about an inch from the top.


  • Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Crawling along the wall, Von-Dai returns to the others and says, "It looks like the way to proceed is through a trapdoor in the ceiling overlooking a 200 foot drop into the water below. There is a platform that looks stable enough, but you will have to attempt to jump to it. Does anyone not feel comfortable enough to do so?"


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    "If we still have rope, we can rig a safety line as people go for it. "


    Half-Elf Arcanist 2/Sorcerer 1 | HP 15/22 | AC 17/T 13/FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +4/R +5/W +5 | Init +3 Per +10, low-light vision | buffs: heightened awareness 10m; mage armor 2h; resistance 1m; resist acid 5 | conditions: none

    Elendar looks hesitantly at the drop. "I mean, if you can rig a safety line, I will try it... but I've never done very well with heights." He appears greatly embarrassed by this admission.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    Darjiah says "Unless we turn back we don't really have another option do we? I feel fairly confident in my ability to jump across, no safety rope needed on my part."
    She has a +9 acrobatics, not sure how far the jump would be but even if it's 15 feet she has to roll a 5 or below to fail


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    "Elendar, I can help you with crossing the divide. Hold still."

    Von-Dai casts another spell to allow Elendar to walk on the walls.

    Casting spider climb on Elendar. Duration is 30 minutes.


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    Marcus gets out rope and pitons and hammers in a piton to hold it in place. Then he loops it around his waist before he tries the manuever. He's a little dubious trying things in full plate without a safety plan, and taking the armor off and then putting it back on takes too long.


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Preparations made who is going out on the rigging first and trying to open the 'secret door'?

    GM evil laugh...


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Von-Dai moves along the ceiling and examines the 'secret door', trying to see if the Tower Girls trapped it. If not, he will open it.

    Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Even though it is a little hard to focus with vertigo you notice two things. First, the door can be pulled open easily by the piton at the top. It is hinged at the bottom which will allow it to be used a bridge. Also, hanging under the rigging there is a pole with a hook on it that was obscured from the vantage of the ledge that can also be used to gently pull down the door/bridge.

    You may lower the door using either method you see fit.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    Darjiah says "I'll take care of the door, stay back." and she backs up, takes a running start, and jumps onto the rigging Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 and she will spend an inspiration point Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 1Well then, that went excellently

    Dark Archive

    AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

    Erond fires an arrow to cut Darjiah off. "Stop! Just let Von-Dai knock down the door or grab the pool underneither." (I'm assuming Von Dai told everyone about it)

    If you still want to proceed with jumping you can.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    "He better hurry, time's awasting"
    She used to be an adventurer until she took an arrow to the knee
    Thanks for the save, I was just trying to move things on as 4 days without posting is generally not a good thing for the game.


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Thank you for doing that. I can only push so much. If no one decides by tonight I will move it forward myself.


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:
    Von-Dai wrote:


    If not, he will open it.

    Meant that to be "I'm opening the door." I guess I needed to choose a method to do so.

    Von-Dai used the pole with the hook to lower the door so that the others can get to the trap door.


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    No worries Von-Dai it was an odd request on my part.

    The pole allows you to open the door carfully. The weight of the door, had it been opened from the top would have clattered and struck the rigger violently.

    In the next room the walls along this short passage bear murals showing strangely dressed Thassilonian priests placing bodies into crypts. Several niches in the walls may have once been burial crypts themselves, but today, the hall is strewn with bones and the niches lay empty.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    Sometimes a character has to die so the game can live on! Or not, but the avoided death was enough to get things moving again
    Darjiah goes through the trap door, she will search through the bones and see if she finds anything of interest Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 9 + (4) = 30 "Nice job Von Dai, I was getting ready to try myself. Guess it's a good thing I didn't."


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Ah-hah! It was a secret trap!

    "Thank you." Von-Dai waits for everyone to get through the trap door before following.


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    You search the crypts to find they have been thoroughly looted. The skeletons that litter the ground don't seem to have been dragged there. It is like they walked out of there own tombs. Aside from this observation, you find nothing else.

    Next room?


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    Darjiah says "Lets move ahead, push foward
    Moving on Sounds good to me


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    A bit unsettled by evidence of skeletons walking, Marcus continues on.


    Half-Elf Arcanist 2/Sorcerer 1 | HP 15/22 | AC 17/T 13/FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +4/R +5/W +5 | Init +3 Per +10, low-light vision | buffs: heightened awareness 10m; mage armor 2h; resistance 1m; resist acid 5 | conditions: none

    Terrified by the prospect of the drop, Elendar makes it across the trap door by not looking down and repeating a prayer to Nethys under his breath.

    In the crypt, Elendar carefully examines the skeletons, wondering if they had recently been animate.

    Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 = 17


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Elendar does see evidence of residual necromancy.

    You enter a very bare room. Your footsteps echo through the chamber.

    For the next several rooms I will need you guys to move your own pawns for reasons. Nothing to worry about.


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Von-Dai keeps behind the others, bringing up the rear, occasionally looking behind him to make sure no one was trying to sneak up on them. He wasn't too concerned about the skeletons - as long as they weren't attacking.

    EDIT: Since the GM posted while I was typing, anything on the walls?


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    You notice nothing of interest on the walls.


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    Marcus will just follow Darjah unless she wants him in front in case of threats.


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    "As Marcus is the best armored of us, might I suggest that he take point? That way if the Tower Girls try to ambush us, he has a straight path to attack them."

    Dark Archive

    AC:17 T:13 F:14 | HP24/24 | CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+5 | Perc: +8

    "It hard to tell for sure but it does not seem like Darjiah misses much, I would think looking past Marcus would not be too big a deal."

    Once you have your marching order set any of the players can feel free to move the group.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    She says "while I appreciate everyone's confidence in my abilities, I'd feel safer behind Marcus." and she walks behind Marcus


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Everyone agrees, Markus first and Darjiah second. I will be moving you through rooms tonight if not give specific player instructions on how to proceed.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    We nice to B12, looking for traps as we do. If we don't find anything well move on to the next room perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + (3) = 20


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    Marcus takes point since people seem to feel more comfortable with the armored guy in front for some reason.

    He keeps an eye out for traps, though it isn't his specialty.

    perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    You notice a simple but well-concealed wire you believe it is attached to a rudimentary alarm. Once pointed out the group easily steps passed the alarm.

    (b12) A hooded lantern sits on the lip of a fountain in the west wall. A tinkling rill of water runs from a demon-shaped mouth on the wall into the fountain. A bedroll and several bags of rations sit on the floor just to the north of the fountain.

    Perception checks, please.


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Von-Dai walks on the wall past the wire.


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Seems safe and quiet.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (3) = 16 "Well... should we check that out?"


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    Darjiah you hear foot steps and whispering ahead of you becoming fainter.


    Human Half-elf Investigator 3|4/4 inspiration|18/18 HP|FORT +1 WILL +5 REF +7|AC 18, FF 14, T 14|Temp: 60 ft speed 30/30,

    Darjiah holds up her hand motioning for the group to stop then she stealths forward as fast as she can go, and looks out for traps Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11Perception: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (8) + (3) + 9 = 20 with her crossbow at the ready There went my good rolls


    Male Human Wizard 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 12 16, T 12, FF 10 14 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +3 (+7 to spot statue-like creatures) | Hand of the Apprentice 8/8|
    Spells:
    1st - 7/7, 2nd - 5/5
    Active effects:

    Von-Dai grips his staff tighter, then glances around, trying to see if he can spot anything coming at them.

    Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


    HP 28/28 AC 25, T 14, FF 22, CMD 19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6, Init +2, Percep +6

    When indicated Marcus stops clanking along and waits.


    SSMap | Info | 0 GS Map | 0 GS Loot

    GM:
    Gm: 1d20 ⇒ 91d20 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 151d20 ⇒ 141d20 ⇒ 7

    As Darjiah creeps forward she sees that the eastern wall of this room is buried under an ancient pile of rubble. Sitting near the entrance is a wooden crate and a dull gray amphora.

    The footfalls are move beyond the range of her hearing, but this room looks like it contains a small stockpile.

    Loot

    An amphora is worth 35 gp
    486 gp worth of ancient Thassilonian coins (98 coins in all).
    Buried in the straw of the crate is a bronze statuette
    depicting a rune giant in full battle regalia worth 300 gp.


    Half-Elf Arcanist 2/Sorcerer 1 | HP 15/22 | AC 17/T 13/FF 14 | CMD 12 | F +4/R +5/W +5 | Init +3 Per +10, low-light vision | buffs: heightened awareness 10m; mage armor 2h; resistance 1m; resist acid 5 | conditions: none

    Perception check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

    351 to 400 of 1,167 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GL's Shattered Star. All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.