GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


3,301 to 3,350 of 4,200 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Attack, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 + 6 = 21

Jillian takes another swipe at the big guy, connecting with a powerfully, blessed strike that does some serious damage.

The large spriggan is suddenly coated in golden glitter, moving his hands to his eyes as he roars about not being able to see. He swings his weapon blindly, but doesn't come close to hitting anything. The smaller spriggan tries to strike Emil, but misses as well.

Realizing this is going poorly, Halk casts a spell and suddenly six copies of himself begin to move around him, making it difficult to identify which is the real Halk. He stands and takes his feet, preparing to engage.

R2: Halk, Fey, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R3: Jillian

GM:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d100 ⇒ 10
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Since Jillian just attacked the big spriggan, I assume she is no longer adjacent to the small one.

Father Emil shifts to one side of the small spriggan as Jillian takes the fight to the large one. Pila, remembering the training Emil put her through with mock battles when they first became a team, shifts to attack the enemy from the opposite side as Emil.

+1 Scythe, bless, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

Bite, bless, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 21
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Grab, bless, flank: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 19

claw 1, bless, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 12
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

claw 2, bless, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 27
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Like putting the spriggan in a wood chipper.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Move Action study target, 5ft step, standard action attack large, red spriggan.

As Jillian engaged the large Spriggan, Selde studied the creatures movements for a moment before stepping forward and slashing low at his legs.

Flame Blade vs Touch AC; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

Caspan steps up next to Selde and also goes for the spriggan's legs, trying to kick them out from under him.

"The bigger they are, the harder they hit the floor!" he gloats, kicking again at the big, stupid fey.

Brawler's flurry (trip): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 2 = 26
Brawler's flurry (unarmed): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

And AoO if they try to stand up (unarmed, flurry, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Seeing the others handling the spriggans, Wren targets the leader with a magic missile, ignoring all his illusionary images.

Magic missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 3 = 7


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

With the other one blind and severly injured Jillian circles back around to help Emil with the other fey.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + 6 = 16

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael draws his metamagic rod, then following Wren's lead, sends even more magic missiles at the leader.

"I think I prefer to ignore your defense," he says.

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 3 = 9
trip attempt to knock prone (toppling metamagic rod; CL+Int): 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 6 = 27


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Capan's first strike lands, but Selde's narrowly misses. The large creature tumbles to the ground at their feet only to stand up again. Caspan just narrowly just misses landing a hit as the large spriggan reclaims its feet. Selde gets an AoO. It turns towards her and slams its large mornginstar down into her back Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Wren and Thael's missiles all circumvent the images around Halk, the force of their blow knocking him from his feet. From the floor he looks at Thael and casts a spell, hoping to make him laugh as he stands up once more. Hideous Laughter, DC17 Will.

Jillian misses, but Emil and Pila destroy the second spriggan before it has a chance to retaliate, collapsing to the ground at their feet.

R3: Halk, Fey, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R3: Jillian

GM:

Attack Selde: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian rushes toward the other spriggen as she calls out to Emil "Go get the leader!"

Attack, PA, FF, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 6 = 13


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Emil heads toward Halk and gestures to Pila to do the same. She doesn't need to be told twice and pounces with a few deft leaps, all four paws flailing.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

rake 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
rake 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

rake 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
rake 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

"Stay down, damn you!" Caspan snarls, trying to trip the fey foe again.

Once he realizes it has its legs under it, he edges away from Selde to catch it between him and Jillian and throws a punch toward its head. I'm assuming a 13 doesn't trip it, but then readjusted so I got the flank with Jillian...

Brawler's flurry (trip): 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 = 13
Brawler's flurry (unarmed): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

AoO, Standard action attack red Spriggun. If he drops move action Study Target yellow.

As the large spriggan began to rise, Selde fiercely attack the fey. Unfortunately she was unable to take full advantage of the opening Caspan created, missing with her first strike. A dull pain shot through Selde's shoulder as her foe brought his weapon down. Thankfully her spidersilk bodysuit continued to prove it's worth, absorbing and spreading the impact out. Grabbing on to the morning star, Selde lashed at her opponent's chest.

Attack of Opportunity vs Touch AC; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Flame Blade vs Touch AC; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 25
Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Crit Threat vs Touch AC; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14
Crit Damage, Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Having just succumbed to a spell targeting his mind in the last battle, Thael's mind is, for now at least, a steel trap. He easily shrugs off the spell cast against him.

Countering with a spell of his own, he conjures an extra-dimensional pit beneath the leader's feet.

create pit (DC 19 Refl)


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Wren figures another magic missile could be successful here against Halk.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan tries to trip the large creature again, but isn't able to knock him to his feet a second time. Jillian whiffs again, unable to time her strike correctly against this creature. Caspan's punch and Selde's nearly-critical strike both cut wounds on the big buy, but he still stays on his feet. Still sparkly, the big guys swings wildly with his weapon can't local either Selde or Caspan.

I forgot the big buy was blinded Selde. I just rolled and he failed his concealment so he didn't hit you last round so you can negate that strike entirely.

Halk deftly leaps out of the way of the pit, avoiding the fall just as Wren's missiles continue to slam into him.

All of Pila's attacks come close, but Halk manages to avoid them all and the lynx scratches and bites away four of his illusory doubles, leaving him and two images remaining.

Halk casts a spell which causes his long hair to reach out and grab a knotty wooden club etched with small hair creatures from his side. Both Emil and Pila strike out at the creature to try and stop his spell, but both miss. Emil's attack is close enough that he eliminates another image from the fey. Provokes from Emil and Pila. I made your AoO rolls in the bottom of the spoiler, both of you missed. One image remains.

The long hair takes the strange club and strikes Pila twice with it. The first attack hers her in her back, but the second strike connects with the back of her head with a tremendous critical strike that shatters the side of her head. As the club lands, a thunderclap erupts with a cacophonous roar that echoes through the room. Pila takes 12 damage from the first hit and 29 damage from the crit, 8 of which sonic damage. She needs a DC14 fort save or be deafened permanently.

R4: Halk, Fey, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R5: Jillian

GM:

1d100 ⇒ 22
1d100 ⇒ 30
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Attack Pila: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Attack Pila: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Attack Pila: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Crit Damage: 2d4 + 20 + 1d8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 20 + (4) = 29
Pila AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Emil: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael delays for a moment, trying to see what Emil and his pet will do. Once he sees a clear shot, he tries to finish off the leader, whose spells had been proving problematic.

I'll actually delay until after everyone else has acted. If Halk is still up, I'll fire at him. If he's down for some reason, I'll target Big Guy.

heightened battering blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 193d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8
bull rush attempt (CL+Int): 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15
trip attempt to knock prone (toppling metamagic rod; CL+Int): 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 6 = 26

target 1=Hal, 2=mirror image: 1d2 ⇒ 1 If needed


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Pila is -9, so unconscious. DC 19 to stabilize.
Pila: Constitution Roll to stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
She drops to -10. Her Con is 15.
Pila: DC 14 vs Deafness Fort vs. Deafness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Pila, distracted by the strange vanishing of the foe she expected to kill, lets her defenses down and the thunder crash and clubbing knock her senseless and mortally wound her.

Emil's string of curse words is obscured by the thunder as he tries to exact revenge and end the battle so he can heal his companion. He draws the scythe back and swings it with righteous wrath.

+1 Scythe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

Anger turns out not be a strategic advantage, in this case. His scythe strikes the wall instead of Halk.

Emil steps to one side, hoping Halk will make a run for it so he can attend to Pila. "Yer revel is at an end. Git while ya can!"


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde continued to attack the large Spriggan, hoping to finish him off quickly.

Standard action attack red, if dropped move action to study target Halk.

Flame Blade vs Touch AC; ST, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 12
Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Oh, no. Poor Pila!

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless, flanking

Caspan kicks the spriggan's legs out from under him, and then kicks the big fey while he's down.

"And stay down!"

Brawler's flurry (trip): 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 28
Brawler's flurry (unarmed): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

And AoO if they try to stand up (unarmed, flurry, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Seeing that Caspian and Selde has the spriggen in hand and after seeing Pila get smacked really hard she stomps over toward the fey leader glaring at him "I tried to be nice and give you fey every opportunity to surrender. We weren't here for a fight but that is what you made it, now you will reap what you sowed." Jillian strikes out at the fey hoping to put end this fruitless fight.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, Flank: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 31
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 + 6 = 20
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
Extra Crit Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 + 6 = 14


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Ouch! Gave him a shave and a haircut!

Emil breathes a sigh of relief when Jillian arrives and applies the revenge he wanted to give but could not. I forgot about the bless but with Emil's last roll, that won't help.

Emil looks for an opening to step away long enough to stabilize Pila.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Emil misses badly, not affecting the image still hanging around Halk. Selde also misses with her flame strike, unable to finish off the large creature.

Thael waits to attack until after Jillian goes, pausing to see what happens next.

Caspan sends the large creature tumbling to the ground and following it up with a solid strike.

Mirror Image High=Good: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Jillian is able see right through the false image and strikes the true Halk with her vicious strike. A slight amount of her strike doesn't cut him, but most of her damage nearly cleaves him in two.

Ending your turn adjacent to a pit requires a reflex save to not fall into. Emil and Pila both need a DC19 Reflex save to stay up top. +2 bonus to your roll

I missed that this guy has SR. I need a check from Thael from his spell. Also Wren, I don't know why you weren't bolded in init for this round (whoops). I need an action from you. If it's missiles again, I need a SR check.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Wren blasts anothermagic Missile at the baddie.

Caster Level check with Spell Penetration 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Damage, if successful 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

CL check (level + Int): 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 6 = 23


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Emil: Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pila: Ref: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Emil's footing fails him on the edge of the pit and he slips, falling out of sight down below. I assume this is a 30' pit, can you clarify Thael? Roll your falling damage accordingly, Emil.

Pila's body starts to slip towards the pit, but coincidentally her claws catch on a broken tile nearby and manage to prevent her falling to what would likely be her death.

Both Thael and Wren manage to break through the creatures resistance to magic. Wren's missiles strike Halk and Thael's spell knocks the creature down to the ground off his feet.

Taking a defensive posture, Halk rises from the floor and regains his footing. Once on his feet again, his hair continues to wield the vicious club that knocked Pila out. It strikes out at Jillian twice, connecting both times. Provokes from Jillian. She takes 22 damage from the two hits.

R5: Halk, Fey, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R6: Jillian

GM:

Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damage: 2d4 + 20 ⇒ (1, 1) + 20 = 22


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

AoO: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 6 = 19

If he is still standing

Jillian reaches down healing some of her new wounds from the brutal club and then sneers at the fey "You should surrender while you still have the chance!"

Attack, PA, FF, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 + 6 = 18

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Status:

HP: 28/43
AC: 19 (19 Base)
Lay on Hands: [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"Just die!" Selde shouted in Sylvan as she continued her assault on the enlarged Spriggun.

Flame Blade vs Touch AC; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 16
Fire; ST: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Did you forget the spriggan, GM? Doesn't look like actions against him or his actions were resolved.

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless

Caspan keeps fighting, trying to knock down his foe again and then punching away.

Brawler's flurry (trip): 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 2 + 1 = 16
Brawler's flurry (unarmed): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

And AoO if they try to stand up (unarmed, flurry, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Pit is only 20 feet right now, next level goes to 30 feet.

Thael curses as Emil, rather than the enemy leader, falls into his conjured pit. Furious at himself, he dismisses the pit, causing Emil to rise.

Standard action to dismiss.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Wren shrieks when she sees Pila go down and almost fall into the pit. She carefully moves to the kittie’s side and changes one of her second level spell slots into a Cure Moderate Wounds spell.

Healing on Pila 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 8) + 5 = 20

Wren smiles, seeing the cat’s eyes open back up.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Falling damage, 20': 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Emil groans as he takes a bruising fall. Before he can do anything else, however, the magical pit floor rises back to normal level, giving Emil a low look at the scene. Relief floods over him as he sees Wren brought Pila back to consciousness.

Pila has 10/32 hp now. Emil is 29/33.

Emil stands and draws magical energy to his head and speaks with as much authority as he can muster. "Drop what you are holding, Halk!"

Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Casts Command, with the drop option. DC 15 Will save negates. Drop: On its turn, the subject drops whatever it is holding. It can't pick up any dropped item until its next turn.

Pila becomes conscious but senses danger nearby and rolls on her back with her claws extended. Full Defense option. AC = 17 (+4 Total Defense, -4 Prone.)

If the leader is down, obviously, Emil will save the spell and CDG Halk, if he's not already dead. Pila will instead stand.
CDG Damage: 8d4 + 16 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2, 4, 4, 3, 2) + 16 = 36


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Oops. I did manage to forget the big guy. Let's have him try and punch something.

Attack brawler-boy: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15

The large blind creature swings wildly at Caspan, but doesn't come anywhere close to striking him. His troubles come to an end quickly after that as Caspan and Selde burn and beat the remaining life from his body.

Thael dismisses the pit and Wren administers healing to the fallen lynx.

Emil's spell seemingly can't penetrate the magical protections that surround Halk, his command failing to pierce his mind.

2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Jillian lays two more tremendous attacks on Halk, but the first catches his last image and not him. With no more images, the second attack strikes him but he still keeps his footing. It would appear that his damage mitigation still resists some of what her blade can do. He takes a defensive posture as his hair lashes out twice more with the club, the first strike thawpping Jillian across her noggin. Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

No longer laughing, the fey seems disgruntled now and shouts "Oy! Ye come blastin' through ma door and makin' demands o me! EH!? Begone! This is ma fort nowa! Don't be interupttin' ma revelry!"

R6: Halk, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R7: [b]Jillian

GM:

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael, still beyond the grease spell in the doorway, begins to make his way through it and into the room.

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Emil shakes his head as he steps close enough to swing his scythe at Halk. "Our kind built it and we will be takin' it back."

+1 Scythe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

Pila wants to support her companion, so she risks rising to her feet, to be less vulnerable to attacks and more effective with her bite.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless

"I don't think so," Caspan says, with a grunt. "It's our fort now!"

Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde moved forward while studying the last remaining opponent. "Emil, have Pila retreat."

Move action to Study Target Halk, move action to move behind Jillian.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Will someone move me up beside Pila? I didnt mention for someone to move me last round. Thanks.

Wren delays, hoping the group could spare their enemy. With the group having bloodied them something fierce, she felt comfortable in pausing for just a moment.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Halk should probably surrender here, but week-long drunken revel has skewed his ability to recognize his own mortality and he fights on. "NO!" he shouts, "Mine!Mine!MINE!"

When Pila rises to her feet, Halk turns to her visibly frustrated and shouts "Die, cat!" and his hair whacks her with his club Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

After the cat falls again, Halk pulls out his dagger and attacks Jillian three times, missing all three.

R7: Halk, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R8: Jillian

GM:

AoO Pila: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8 Damage: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Emil draws a wand and touches Pila, delivering more healing energy to his hapless companion.

CLW, wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Pila returns to consciousness, but again rolls and extends her claws as a defensive action.

Pila: 10 - 14 + 9 = +5/32, prone, total defense. AC 17


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Caspan crosses his arms and waits for them to finish this. He would drag the cat out of there, but doesn't really want to get clawed himself. Cats are jerks, and it probably wouldn't realize he was trying to help the stupid thing. No action, since I can't get in there.

Emil, you're better off leaving the cat unconscious for the moment. Let me drag it out of there and then I can get in and help kill this guy. Wren can heal/stabilize her. Otherwise it's just knocking her down every round while you spend your actions getting her back up. Or you could drag her out yourself and let Selde and I help out.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian see's Pila go down again and tries her best to put this foul fey down for good.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + 6 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Poke! Wren, Selde and Thael are up!


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Wren holds her action until Selde has a chance to strike, hoping to save some of her magic.

Magic missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael draws a wand, hoping to conserve his spells for later.

He conjures a thick layer of grease underneath the enemy's feet.

"Feel free to surrender rather than die!" he calls out.

Cast Grease, DC 11 Refl on the corner, so it will only be a 5' square underneath him.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Readied action to attack if he gets in my threatened range. Otherwise can't currently close in.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Wren - Halk has SR and you need to make your CL check for that.

Halk keeps his feet through Thael's attempt to send him to the ground with grease. The wizards comment on surrendering is the logical choice, but it would appear that the fey is clearly too inebriated at the moment. "I'lllll be showin' ye who be dyin'" he calls back, letting his club smack Jillian twice before sticking his dagger into her side. Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d4 + 10 + 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (1) + 10 + (2) + 6 = 32

After the paladin falls to his attacks he shouts "HA! See!" before looking down at the cat and narrowing his eyes "Stay dead!" he says, raising his blade to strike her next.

Jillian was at 28, so this puts her down at -4

R8: Halk, Wren, Thael, Selde, Emil, Caspan R9: Jillian

GM:

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Attack J: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Attack J: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Attack J: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 1/1
Effects: bless

"That was dumb," Caspan says as Jillian falls. "Now I can get to you!"

He closes in, stepping over the swordsman's body, and throwing a huge blow at Halk's head, fist swinging in a wide arc.

Fist (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Knockout blow: If Halk takes damage, he must succeed at a DC 16 Fortitude saving throw or fall unconscious for 1d6 rounds. Each round on its turn, the unconscious target may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect as a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Creatures immune to critical hits or nonlethal damage are immune to this ability. At 10th level, the brawler may use this ability twice per day; at 16th level, she may use it three times per day.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Emil roars at Halk, "What a coward, attacking an injured pussycat when ya got me ta deal with!" He swings his scythe, trying to cut off his head, which is conveniently at waist height.

+1 Scythe, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
+1 Scythe, bless, confirm threat: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Critical Damage: 6d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4) + 12 = 34

Pila decides it's better to attack than wait for another clubbing. Even though she is on the ground, he tries to scratch and bite the enemy. She sinks her teeth Halk's leg.

Bite, bless, prone: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 25
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Bite, bless, confirm threat, prone: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 23
Bite Damage, critical: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Grab, bless, prone: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 - 4 = 10

claw 1, bless, prone: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 16
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

claw 2, bless, prone: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 10
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

That'll do it.

Seconds after Jillian hits the floor, Halk joins her. Caspan, Pila and Emil all put together a serious of rapid fire bites, claws, scythes and fists that send the man slipping in the grease underneath of him where he collapses and begins to stain the grease red with his blood.

When Halk goes down his hair releases the club which falls by his side.

On his person he has: scrolls of cure moderate wounds (3), scroll of invisibility, +1 chain shirt, mwk dagger, mwk frame drum, red wool scarf (worth 15 gp), scroll case, silver tankard shaped like an old dwarven woman (worth 50 gp).

Looking around the room, an odd peculiarity stands out. There are four stone boxes scattered around the room. Examining the boxes reveals that there is no obvious way of opening them other than smashing them. It looks like the boxes were shaped out of the stone from the floor and then warped around something. Thael detects magic coming from inside one of the boxes.

Korrigan Club:

Korrigan clubs are curved shillelaghs that korreds occasionally carve from the core of an oak that sprouts in inhospitable and rocky terrain. They are symbols of authority, often passed through the same clan for generations, and many bloodthirsty fey seek status by seizing one of these potent weapons.
KORRIGAN CLUB PRICE 13,400 GP
SLOT none CL 8th WEIGHT 3 lbs.
AURA moderate transmutation

Etchings of small, hairy folk adorn this knotty +1 thundering club. Once per day as a standard action, a wielder can animate his own hair to wield the club without his hands for 4 rounds, as if the korrigan club had the dancing weapon special ability. A wielder’s head hair or beard hair must be at least 2 feet long to activate this ability. Sundering the wielder’s hair (hp 2) immediately causes the korrigan club to fall to the ground and renders the wielder unable to activate this special ability until the lost length regrows.

3,301 to 3,350 of 4,200 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.