Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP

Game Master Benjen Harris

Shards of an Order is a homebrew Pathfinder campaign set in a world called Vyn, more specifically set on the continent of Enderal.
Maps/Handouts
Player Resource

Initiative:
[dice=Nalia Initiative] 1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Poppo Initiative] 1d20 + 4 [/dice]
[dice=Turngut Initiative] 1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Bobie Initiative] 1d20 + 2[/dice]


2,701 to 2,747 of 2,747 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

sorry that's what I meant. Ark then fogville as a rough plan?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Sounds good to me as well, Ark then Fogville. Need to see a man about a horse, wait, wait, need to sell some equipment and upgrade some others. And then maybe a horse?


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo talks to BobE, Let's head for Ark first and get the equipment we need before heading to Fogville. If everyone wants to wait till the morning to leave, that's fine with me.

After the events of the day, Poppo just retreats to his tent and rests.

Ready to head to Ark


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

You all have a good meal and rest before you depart the next morning after about four hours of travel you begin to see the city clearly. A sprawling city with walls surrounding the distinct districts of the city. The most eye catching thing is the massive temple at the center of the city. A giant sculpture carved into the side of the mountain depicting Malphas holding up what you know to be called the Sun Temple. You also begin to notice more and more travelers as you draw closer to the capital of Enderal. The camera pans out with a sweeping motion of the gargantuan city. The business of the market district people selling and buying wares. You see the several residential districts of the city, the North Quarter were you see a large number of middle classed people living. The Foreign Quarter were you see people of all sorts of nationalities and races. You see the Southern Quarter largely similar to the northern but with a grand lush park at its center. Then you see the noble quarter large manors, clean streets, and people dressed in all forms of fancy nobles garb. You see a large harbor that sits along the Gold River thriving with trade. The camera then pans to the temple district where seven large temples are arranged in a circle. The largest temple being that of Malphas. The militant quarter shows a large presence of both standard guards and guardsmen wearing similar armor to that of Jorek Bartarr. The Old Town to the East of the the militant quarter is largely abandoned, a ghost town compared to the rest of the city but you do see the occasional person. Next is a castle separate to that of the fortress like Sun Temple a castle built not to keep those outside the city out but to keep those from under the city out. The camera pans once again to show a large slum that extends downward, lower than any other part of the city. At the bottom are two massive wooden doors that lead to the slum of all slums, the infamous Undercity. The Undercity is sprawling, larger than Ark itself. One could so easily get lost and never find their way out. Finally the camera zooms out high into the sky with a top down view of the city, it zooms in slightly toward the Sun Temple before quickly rushing towards it. Breathtaking architecture, stone white and gleaming, silver and golden lined buildings. The most beautiful place you could ever see. But from above an unnatural cold creeps into the city and snow begins to fall during a summers day. The camera rushes back to the road and the large number of adventurers journeying closer and closer to the city. An eerie piano plays in a minor key as the title card apears "Shards of an Order Chapter 3: Oath to a Dead God"


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

You finally arrive in Ark entering the city you notice its business along with the unnatural snowfall Snow in summer Thraduik says that's bad luck!

With what we saw back at the tourney it doesn't seem that unnatural. Lambert says before quickly changing the subject. He gives a nod to the group Well, here we are I best be leaving. Without another word Lambert departs walking further into the city.

Right! Jespar says with a clap of his hands About time you guys got paid for helping me on the Sun Coast! Now it may take a few days for me to get into contact with Constantine as him and his mages are currently in the Sun Temple. No one but members of the Holy Order and the I guess the Nehrimese Mages can actually enter the temple.

Blimy Jespar, can't this whole business thing wait until tomorrow? MacGuire inquires My feet are falling off we've been walking so long.

Work never stops for me Mac, you're certainly welcome to rest. I'd say both you and Pearson deserve it. Jespar responds.

Bloody fantastic! MacGuire says loudly patting Pearson on the back You want to go to the Nomad, Pearson?

You can give me a knowledge local DC:10 to know what MacGuire is refering to.

DC: 10 Knowledge Local:

Even though you are from far away you've heard of the world famous Dancing Nomad Tavern. Home to the best dancers, singers, and performers in all of Vyn. But what they are most famous for apart from the superb affordable lodging is their famous brew known as Ark Sun Stout.

You took the words right out of the mouth Mac! Pearson says. He looks at the group Me and Mac will head there, I trust we will see you all there? Best inn in the world they call it. Pearson and MacGuire depart headed toward a two story inn close by with a sign that says "The Dancing Nomad".

Jespar wonders off too heading toward the Sun Temple to deliver a message to his employer.

Welcome to Ark! What all would you guys like to do? If you recall you have a letter of introduction given to you by the Lord of the Suncoast Jugar Featherwill. You were to take it the post office in the Noble Quarter of the city.

Bobie would you like to try to find anything about the man you were told to contact?

What are you guys looking to do when it comes to shopping and selling?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Also you do not find the strange man who was talking to Turngut at the tourney grounds.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

what's the cash break down? do we have money?
My Christmas wish list before seeing the cash:
1. giant rod of summoning, lesser (3000 gold) or normal (11,000 gold), or rod of extend, lesser or normal. same prices.
2. cloak of charisma (4000 gold) or headband of alluring charisma (4000)
3. pink and green ioun stone (6000 gold normal or cracked (200 gold)
4. estoc - silver or cold iron
...
Looked at the loot page - Can we even afford to stay here?


going to sell the ring of feather fall I did not know I had and the 2 light crossbows and try to trade the mace for an estoc.
Going to look for a cracked pink and green ioun stone if we have the cash. or something else cheap for extra charisma. Was going to look for someone to take the vampire fangs and make a necklace of fangs (900) but I don't think we can afford that.

BobE looks in wonder at the city and the amount of people.
I don't reckon I knew there were this many people in the world. This place is so huge. I'm going to get lost before I go 2 hops and a skip. Anyway one of you can help me find this guy who knows about the dove that has been helping us? I don't rightly 'member who it was and where they were though. Didn't think there would be so many folks.
crap was it the library or where? and who is it I need to find?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Don't have knowledge local. Where is the loot list? Didn't see that. Maybe we resolve things in order we got them? Turn in the letter of intro from Jugar? 4h hike from this morning so could grab some snacks from street merchants on the way to the noble quarter and then meet back up with MacGuire and Pearson tonight at the Dancing Nomad. Sell some equipment tomorrow and look for who to talk to about the Dove lady tomorrow? I need to ask maybe someone in the temple about the swords of Malphas and we should look at the disease problems we learned about early on (can't remember the name off the top of my head).


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Loot list is linked on Poppo's stat line. We aren't the wealthy group, but it also hasn't been update since 10/3, so we have picked up a few things. I'll try to update it.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Lol, just barely

Poppo looks around in awe, Now this is my kind of place! Clearly more comfortable in urban surroundings, as opposed to the wilderness.

Yeah the Dancing Nomad! Even though I'm from far away, I've heard of the world famous Dancing Nomad Tavern! Home to the best dancers, singers, and performers in all of Vyn. But what they are most famous for apart from the superb affordable lodging is their famous brew known as Ark Sun Stout! Poppo excitedly shares.

Good plan Matt!

Yeah let's turn this letter in, maybe we'll find some oranges on the way to snack on. Then head back to the Nomad and settle in. Tomorrow we can see what our treasures might buy us!

Poppo forges ahead in the direction he thinks the Noble Quarter might be, but he'll probably get lost. If he happens to spot a fruit stand on the way...well you know.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Bobie recalls...

For Bobie's Eyes Only:

The bird speaks to you in a calming voice neither male or female but something in between Do not fear Bobie, for you are not alone in this place. Whether it be a battle or conversation ahead you will have my power. When you arrive in the city known as Ark find the man called Dettlaff and ask him about the Dove. Good luck Bobie.

Poppo leads the way and is able to follow the signs toward the noble quarter with relative ease. People give Turngut and Poppo strange looks as you walk through the city and barely pay any mind to Bobie and Nalia. You mainly see humans and half elves as you walk the city streets occasionally seeing less common races. Eventually after about an hour and a half of travel you arrive at in the noble quarter and quickly find a post office.

An old nobleman sits behind the desks stamping letters and does not even notice as you enter.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo will let Nalia do the talking.

Did I find oranges?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

This time I'll try it but actually Bobie is a better talker than me, dip +10. But I've got knowledge nobility so I'll see if it helps any.

Seeing the nobleman I do a quick inspection for any sort of obvious insignia to let me know how I should address him. When speaking I'll also speak a bit more like the nobles I saw back home coming in and out of the temple.

knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Good sir, if I may interrupt what is clearly important work. I'm so very sorry, I'm from out of town, delivering a missive from Mayor Jugar Featherwill of Riverville. We were able to provide him some help, resorting his lost castle to him and he was kind enough to deliver a letter of introduction for us. If he looks interested I'll introduce everyone who's with me, if not interested, I'll just stop there.

I clearly must have thought I just met the king himself in the post office....


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Yes Poppo was able to find oranges. Nalia doesn't notice any specific insignia and doesn't recognize him as being from a significant noble house.

The old postman looks up pulling his glasses closer to his face and then motions for you to hand the letter over. Adventuring type correct? I suppose you'll be staying at a local inn? Which one? The Nomad? Golden Goblet? The Crowned Toad?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Yes sir, the Nomad we hope. Haven’t booked rooms exactly but that’s where we plan to head after delivering this letter.

I offer him an orange while I begin to peel mine.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

The old man holds up his hand No thanks, my wife doesnt want me spoiling my dinner. He glances over the letter and then puts it in a sorting box. The letter should arrive at its destination this evening. Did you have any more letters you wish to send?

Heading back to the Dancing Nomad, its only about one in the afternoon still plenty of day time.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

So we just mailed a letter? To who? And did we confirm that if someone wanted to reach us they would mail it to us at the nomad?

No thanks, that was it, thanks for the help.

With that I guess we head back outside of the office. We have time, shall we walk around a bit and see some of the different sections of the town? See some sights? Or head back and get set up at the Nomad? I guess it took us 90 minutes of walking to get here so this is a much bigger city than I'm sure used to. We could head back a different way to see new sections of town; can't see this entire city in a day!


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Seeing the stares and uncomfortable glances in the Noble Quarter, Turngut reverts to the behavior that he was used to when paraded in front of various benefactors to the fighting pit masters. He tries to appear non-threatening but also not afraid. His eyes remain downcast and he never makes direct eye contact with anyone. Should a stranger speak to him in the street, Turngut is very deferential. Yessir. Yes ma'am.

At the post office, Turngut quietly waits outside. If Poppo tries to follow Nalia in, Turngut will lay a massive hand on the small man's shoulder and look at him sternly with a shake of his head. Not time for Poppo or Turngut. Stay small, Hoppo.
Afterwards, Turngut is more than happy to follow the group around the city, although he prefers to leave the Noble Quarter as soon as possible.

As far as equipment, Turngut would love to get a mithril chain shirt fitted with armor spikes. A belt of strength and/or dex and cloak of resistance are always high on my list too. A pair of cestus (silvered) and a pair of cold iron butterfly swords would be nice. I'm willing to sell the +1 dagger (Butcher's blade) if needed. Unfortunately, daggers aren't great for brawlers (I can' do flurry).


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

The person you are sending the letter too is a noble by the name the Belis Ormaris. In the future please refer to the player resource it has most the answers there.

Where in the city are you going?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Not having been to this large of a city I bet we'd all be drawn to the market district. Maybe we can stroll through here on the way to the Nomad. We've known nothing but death and destruction since coming to this land so an afternoon of idle wandering and poking here and there, sweet meats on every corner, I think will go a long way towards helping us to recover. We can scout some options for upgrades, maybe make offers if seems good or prepare to bring stuff tomorrow to trade or sell.

I'm keeping a firm hand on my pouch around here. Poppo, you do the same with our loot! Never know who we might run into in this crazy city.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo stays with Turngut as Nalia mails the letter. And then follows the warpriest as she ventures into the market district.

Oh don't worry, Turngut carries the heavy stuff and I watch Turngut anyone with sticky fingers gets close to him, and I'll let him know, and that won't end well for them. He's gives the goofy Poppo grin to Turngut as he says.

Look at the loot tab if you haven't already...seems BobE has gotten the short end of the loot. So he should probably drop some coin on him. Also, Turngut we have that Mithral Breastplate since it's mithral it's treat as light armor...can you wear that?


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

I forgot about the breastplate. I think I discounted it because of the ACP. With mithril, it has the same ACP as the lamellar armor and gives me a +1 to AC. I'll take that and add the +1 Lamellar Armor to the loot list. Thanks for the reminder David!
I also moved the Butcher's Blade (+1 dagger) and masterwork dagger to community loot. Anyone can take them, or we can sell them here in Ark.
If I can purchase a cold iron cestus (10gp) and alchemical silver cestus (25gp), Turngut can overcome DR against bludgeoning, piercing, silver, and cold iron as long as his hands are free (cestuses are essentially gloves with metal reinforcements). Turngut is otherwise set for equipment. Agree Bobie needs some loot!

@David and Ben: I went ahead and added them to my character sheet if you can deduct 35gp assuming Ben approves that we find those here in Ark.

Turngut follows his friends into the market district, mouth agape. Wow Hoppo! Big building, lots of people!. When Poppo suggests that Turngut try on the breastplate, Turngut is initially hesitant, but is amazed at the lightness once he tries it on. He struts down the street with his chest puffed out, the shiny mithril glinting in the afternoon light.

BTW, when did Poppo get the +5 Codpiece of Magnifcation?!?!


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Lol delete that Codpiece! You are able to get both of the cestus sets you would like easily not masterwork just standard though.

You guys find your way back to the Market District asking a few people around you are easily able to find the Dancing Nomad. A large three story inn with several stain glass windows depicting various adventurers. Entering the inn you find a very large bar area, though it is still pretty crowded. The furniture is very mismatched yet in a tasteful way. You'd be hard pressed to find a table or chair that looks remotely the same. Several small portraits of adventurers line the wall and in fact you see a couple of familiar faces. One portrait is definitely of Jespar standing in an embrace with a short haired blonde woman. And another portrait depicts that of Lambert. And another depicts the elf Iorweth that Turngut battled in the semi finals of the Tourney of Tallfield. Some other portraits include a blue haired gnome wearing spectacles and clutching a book. A man with viper like eyes short brown hair and a brutal scar over his right eye. A man wearing polish style zupan and holding a brilliant sabre his hair red with the sides shaved. It would take you a few hours to view them all.

You see Pearson and MacGuire nestled in a corner watching a juggler on the nearby stage which occupies the opposite side of the room from the bar.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

LOL -- Funny stuff Craig!
Wonder if we shopped around if we could find those cestus's in masterwork.

Let's get some rooms, then we can join the party! Poppo says liking the look of the Nomad.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

While Poppo gets the rooms How many rooms? They run at 5sp a night. what are the rest of you doing?


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo retrieves 14 gold, Can I get 4 rooms for a week? Poppo asks as he admires the adventures portraits on the wall.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Trusting that poppo will secure proper lodging and order provisions and wonderful sudsy refreshments, Nalia grabs Bobie ,Turngut and our dwarven friend and moves to the table Pearson and McGuire are at. So what’s the deal with this place, guys? Why are their portraits of what surely must be Jespar and Lambert as well as others on the walls?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Sure thing! the middle aged bartender says retrieving four keys and handing them to Poppo. Rooms are on the second floor first four on the right! He looks at Poppo up in down for a second looking at Poppo's eyes and blonde hair Wait a minute are you one of them Proudfoots? the bartender asks with a raised eyebrow.

You guys sort out sending out the letter? MacGuire asks before glancing around at all the portraits Has Jespar got a portrait now? Pearson points at the painting clearly of Jespar Huh good for him and good for Ves, not often they put two people on one portrait! MacGuire smiles before explaining to Nalia Getting a painting of yourself at the Nomad is kind of a right of passage in the world of adventuring. You get enough of a reputation, get past an impassible trap, take on fifty men with nothing but your close group of friends, the owner of the Nomad will paint your portrait and hang it on the wall. Give it some time and you four will be up on that wall soon enough!


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Um no sir. I'm, one of them Hedgehopper's Poppo responds as he takes the keys.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

bobE will discretely ask about someone called Dettlaff and see what he can find about him.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Oh good! I just saw your hair color and thought you might be one. Good thing you aren't them halfling's are nothing but trouble! Enjoy the rooms! the bartender says to Poppo.

BobE asks around about Dettlaff but does not find out any information.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Oh I couldn't agree with you more. Poppo says to the barkeep before heading back to deliver the keys to the others. He explains about the rooms. What are we drinking? He asks.


Male Orc Brawl4/Barb1|max hp 60|Std AC 19,T 14,FF 15|CMD 23(24 vTrip)|
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2|Speed 40'|Arcane Fever 0%

Turngut have Gutrot! Not had Gutrot since Turngut Iggi! Yum yum!
You may have heard of the disgusting Orcish drink, Gutrot. It is typically poisonous to other races, or at least leaves them with severe nausea and vomiting for a few days. Only a town this large (or an Orc village) would have Gutrot on the menu. An Iggi in Orcish is "child".

Hoppo! Hoppo!! Woman, Wrinklebutt, Hoppo, Turngut all get picture on wall! Do great things, fight good and get picture on wall!. Turngut is actually relaxed for once and is very excited to have his picture drawn with his friends.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Poppo eyes the Gutrot, pats Turngut on the shoulder, What's everyone else drinking?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

The only proper drink to have at the Nomad, Ark Sun Stout! MacGuire says holding up his mug with Pearson doing the same.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Are you guys doing anything else today or are you just going to drink and then rest for the night? And if so what do you want to do the next day?

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Hoppo, you know how these city folks work better than I do. How do you go about finding folks? I need to find this guy named Dettlaff. Can you lend me a hand?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Nalia proceeds to enjoy a few, or maybe more than a few, Ark Sun Stouts with her friends, chatting over their adventures so far together. She definitely smiles seeing Turngut enjoy a treat that reminds him of better times, but declines when offered to share. Only big tough guys like you can drink that stuff, Turngut. Dainty ladies like me, she grins as she stands to her 6foot plus height, we drink stouts! And this is a particularly good one!. We can plan on our shopping trip the next morning, what we need and where we can go (that sounds more girly). Then maybe we could consider heading to the Sun Temple and ask to meet with someone of import. We can mention the grumpy army commander we met, see if he's reported in the demon attack and ask what they know about the red madness.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Sure BobE I'll be glad to help you. We'll see if I can find this Dettlaff fella. Poppo tells the old man, taking a swig of stout.

This does taste tasty. So what are we shopping for tomorrow?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Warpriest 4/ Fighter 1| 39/39 HP | AC 22/20 | FF 19 | T 10| CMB +5 | CMD 17 | Initiative +6 | Fort +7 Reflex +1 Will +7 | Perception +4 | Speed 30(20) | Arcane Fever 0% [b][/b]

Didn't know if it was going to be roll played out or hand waved. I'd like to sell the +1 bastard sword I'm carrying and just depends on money we have. A silvered heavy mace to replace my heavy mace? An upgrade on my composite long bow from +1 strength to +3? A cold iron weapon or adamantine weapon? Do we have enough cash to get what everyone wants? Need an accountant to crunch some numbers :)


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

We will somewhat roll play. I rolled for magic items irl and you might not be able to get exactly what you want when it comes to magic items. Lets see so you guys mainly want weapons I'll go ahead and say Turngut was already able to pick his up as a quick purchase the previous day. Bobie wants a silver or cold iron estoc and Nalia wants a silver heavy mace, upgrade her composite longbow to +3, and wants a cold iron or adamantine weapon.

You guys rest up after your night of revelry, the beds at the Dancing Nomad are like sleeping on a cloud as compared to the uncomfortable straw beds and bedrolls you have been sleeping on. In the morning you guys have a light breakfast while listening to the gentle strum of a lute and then head out to do some shopping in the big city. MacGuire, Pearson, and Thraduik do not accompany you as they have matters of their own to attend to in the city but give you some helpful tips about the shops in town.

You guys go to the weapons shop first as it is pretty close to the Inn. "By Hammer & Hand" the sign says and as you enter a dwarven man with copper hair and green eyes hammers away on his anvil. Upon hearing your basic request Silver Estoc and Heavy Mace. My names Thrinain. Thats pretty basic stuff that! He retrives both a silver estoc and a silver heavy mace Just so happen to have them in stock. Its only 50 gold pieces for the Estoc, and 102 gold pieces for the heavy mace. As for cold iron weaponry I have plenty of that made could sell you a pretty basic cold iron longsword, 30 gold pieces . But for Adamantine I only have a battleaxe made of the stuff, and I can't part with that for less then 3010 gold pieces. As for that bow you'll want to go Aras at the True Shot he can get the bow fixed up for you.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

Anyplace that sells magic rods and wands? Or old books?


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Of course, big city lots of shops! Behrtio at the Risen Phoenix sells various magical sundries. If you don't find what you want there you could try your luck with Xalbar in Old Town. Big old wizards tower over there, but fair warning he doesn't like anyone.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

Excited to be in the city, Poppo skips along to the weapon shop, humming a little tune. Do da da do da do da do...

Really at our level, we should be trying to by these weapon in masterwork including the cestus's.
Also does this guy deal in magic weapons? If so we should try to sell our unused weapons.
Let's start with the buying.

Poppo looks at all the weapons 2 cestuses, silver and cold iron; a silver mace, and a silver estoc.

These all look nice, but I want my friends to have the best you have, you know really nice. Weapons that have impeccable balance and construction. He shows the weaponsmith, his master boarding axe as an example.

You know masterwork, you masterpieces!

If you don't have any like that, could you make some and how long would it take. Poppo inquires.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

As a matter a fact I do sell a few magical items just weapons and armor. Most of the magic weapons and armor I've got has been sold to me by adventurers in the past he motions to a locked glass case inside is a tower shield, a buckler, and a sickle. [b]Those are the standard magic ones I got. Also have two, some scale mail and a halberd locked up in my safe due to their value. The mage I took them to to be examined said the scale mail was a standard third tier of magic. The halberd is special a tier two magic weapon with a special enchantment called anarchic on it. Any of these interest you?

He ponders for a moment I do have a masterwork silver mace, pretty common item for clerics to be buying. It would take me about three days to craft the estoc and cestus'.


Male Halfling Rogue 3/Magus 2 HP 40/40 l AC 18 T 15 FF 14 l F +5 R +6 W +5 l Spd 30' l Init +4 l Perception +11 I Stealth +14 I Arcane Fever 0% I Adaptable Luck 3/3 Effects: none, Arcane Pool 7/7, Spells Lvl 1 - Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Vanish Loot

That sounds good...we'll take the masterwork silver mace and He looks to the others to see if there are objections. We'll order a masterwork silver estoc, master silver cestus, and a masterwork coldiron cestus.

He looks over the magical weapons and armor. Yes, not sure if we are interested in these, gang?

But we do have some things to sell, he nods to Turngut to present the loot they have.

Now here's a finely made dagger. He has Turngut place the masterwork dagger on the counter.

This one is a little more, he take the Butcher's Blade, and lays it down. This dagger is magical and it comes with a history, we took this one off the Butcher, ever heard of him?

He pauses points to the Bastard Sword. Now this is really something. [b] A magical Blood Crystal Bastard sword! He smiles. We took it off the vampire prince Sorrin Markov at Anor Colair. That took some doing.

And now the big one both in size and stature! May I present Frostfang! A magical Cold Iron Greatsword. Ever heard of it. Turngut here won it in the Tournament of Tallfield. Not quite to his liking though.

He steps back to let Thrinain examine the arsenal.


Map/Handouts / Player Resource / Fun Time Coin (Poppo, Bobie) / Day 34/ PC Affects (None)

Hmm... he looks over the armaments glancing briefly at the dagger before setting it down and looking at the larger blades. Hmm a blade crafted in the heart of the Boreal Valley the dwarf says gently holding Frostfang.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Cousin to your friends blade there he says motioning to the Blade of the Boreal Valley on Nalia's hip. The dagger does not interest me, I've never even heard of this Butcher you speak of. You said that Frostfang isn't to your friends liking, have you ever thought of getting the blade magically reforged? It would cost you some gold but Elohim at Le Mystic could turn the greatsword into something more fitting for your friend, would keep the enchant too. Can't do that with blood crystal though I can take it off your hands for 1900 gold pieces. And if you do just want to sell Frostfang I'll take her off your hand for 2200 gold pieces.

Grand Lodge

15 HP 38/ AC 14/ Touch 12/ FF 12/ CMD 16 / Init +2 / fort+6 ref+3 will +9/ Perception +5 /speed 30 /Arcane Fever 0% phantom 43 HP43 AC 18, tch 11, ff 17 Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +4 DR 5/slashing cmd 18, perception +4 darkvision

I fear all this shopping is giving the crow a headstart. We should make for fogville soon.

lets check prices, may be cheaper to get frostfang reforged then buy new. lets keep shopping around. have we priced mounts yet?

2,701 to 2,747 of 2,747 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder: Shards of an Order PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.