[PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

Wizard's Wanted! Gameday VII Lower Tier
**White Half Table !
**Back Up Communication link, Please follow the link to add this to your google drive.**


51 to 100 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Silver ! Gold

I screwed that up. Nidal is not in the underdark. The Undardark isn't even on Golarian. Nar-Voth is in the Darklands and not Nidal. The halflight path is a series of tunnels that lead from the bottom of the plateau into Kaer Maga. Sorry avout thenconfusion. :p

Gindalee beleives the scary creature she saw destroyed a buildind in its passing.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah claps her hands!

”Then we know what to do! We now go to these Darklands and find out what is going on! You can really be happy that I am not a preaching religious person that would now start to debate about dreams and shadows and undead and so on! No wait a minute! I am religious but not in this way! I believe in Chaldira! In luck and in battle and in risk to be taken to earn the fruits of life!Let us get going immediately!“ Zaarah says cheerfully and starts to search for an entrance to the tunnels with the woman’s support.

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

At the cheerful exclamation of Zaarah, Drogun raises his empty mug, garbles a Here here!, and proceeds to drink the mug's empty contents.


Silver ! Gold

A short recap, since I have been thoroughly exhausted before making posts and I think I have been confusing some....

The party has been investigating the collapse of several buildings in the city of Kaer Maga. In the course of the investigation, they have run across a scared halfling woman named Glindelee. She relates the story of some tentacled horror that led her cousin Gel into the Halflight path.

If you have no further questions for Gindalee (ask them if you do) the party continues their investigation. I realize you are eager to head to the Halflight path, but there is more to reveal here first. (and then everyone wanted to go to the Duskwardens.

Throughout the morning the party continues to gather information. A red haired dwarf, with darting eyes and a wary turn of his bearded chin, offers a tale of a strange sighting. He saw a hooded figure dash off toward the Halflight Path with a couple of undead servants in tow shortly after some kind of commotion in the Ankar-Te district. "I'm not sure what kind they were, but I've been in Ankar-Te enough times to know a dead creature shuffling around. They moved kinda stiff-like, and they might have been wrapped in rags."

No sign yet of destroyed buildings.
1d12 ⇒ 6, 1d6 ⇒ 6, 1d6 ⇒ 1


Silver ! Gold

The dwarf turns his head as if he were not staring at the adventurers.
Which he is.
Suspiciously.
bump

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

"Let us go to the Duskwardens then! Talky talky a little more and battly battly a little bit more!" Zaarah says and battle lust is clearly visible in her eyes.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Dragon falls forward in front of the red-haired dwarf and a muffled grunt comes from him.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

My character is just along for the ride during this investigation as I’ve done it before and know the ‘right’ way to do it.’


Silver ! Gold
Zestel Cozma wrote:
My character is just along for the ride during this investigation as I’ve done it before and know the ‘right’ way to do it.’

You are welcome to RP however, :) Especially since there are 1d3x1d6x4x1d4x4 'right ways'

The dwarf jumps back from the falling dwarf, reaching for the hammer at his belt as he does so. Seeing no attack following Drogon's lunge, he makes another sideways glance while pretending not to care. "Me stove is on, I best be checking it." He ambles off into the crowd, one hand on his hammer and one eye on the adventurers.

Before reaching the Duskwardens you uncover one more rumor while resting out of the sun for a brief minute. "It was the craziest thing," says one obviously shaken beer-drinker. "It just picked up the helmet in two of its claws, tipped it up to see that it was empty and tipped it down to put on its head. Just right on its head! As if the two humanoid eyeholes would let all eight buggy eyes see through the thing." He takes a swig from his tankard. "Craziest thing.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

"C'mon Drogun" Zestel says, trying to get the dwarf drunkard to his feet.

"Look, we're passing by the meatgate to get to the duskwardens. We can grab a bite to eat there. Help you process all that booze. They have something here called . . . I think . . . a 'pita' that I've been dying to try. Then we can find the Duskwardens, and hopefully they will point us in the right direction of some undead or bug-monster that needs smashing." he says as he helps the drunk hobble along.

"He-ah, he's really quite good in battle." he says, trying to assure the rest of the team.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun grunts as he is raised to his feet once more. He then grumbles incoherently as he waves his heavily dented metal stein, as if it would accentuate his point, while walking and being supported by Zestel.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"Hmm, not much to go on with these leads. Some manner of creatures are behind the vandalism, but why? And it seems to have something to do with Halflight Path..."

The stories from these witnesses sound a bit crazy, and who knows if they were when they saw what they think they saw. But Tiberius has seen enough strange things with his years in the Pathfinder Society to know these reports could be also true, and not just imagination.

"Unless we want to investigate the damaged property ourselves, let's continue to the Duskwardens. Maybe they have seen something while patrolling the tunnels."

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah claps her hands again after hearing the new story about the helmet.

”Oh this mission is soooo great!! Finally nobody thinks that I am crazy because everybody and everything in this city is even more lunatic than I am!!!“ she screams and jumps into the air.

”Duskwardens, we are coming!!“

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 14, T 14, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +7 CMD 16|5/5 Arcane, 2/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 1/1 Time
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:
Horus watches the stilted movement as a master watchmaker might a timepiece that is not quite wound tight enough. He finally answers with almost no elaboration. “I am told that a few walls have collapsed. I have also heard entire buildings have fallen. Both are from sources I trust, so I need you to verify."

Knowledge (Engineering), if it helps any given such basic information: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Later:

Xukong silently contemplates the old human's account...

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

...as well as, later, the drinker's 'helmet' story.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Tiberius Scaevola wrote:
"Unless we want to investigate the damaged property ourselves...."

"Why was that not the first thing we did?!?" Hisses Xukong.


Silver ! Gold

It is what you are doing. So far you have found rumors only & no damage.

sorry, internet failures


Silver ! Gold

Finding the Duskwardens is easy enough; almost anyone in town can point to the Duskwarden’s Guildhouse in the Bis district. The multilevel structure within the rest of Kaer Maga’s walls has collapsed in Bis, leaving only the walls and the highest ceiling. Buttressed platforms soar off the sides of the walls, each holding a small collection of homes and businesses. A hodgepodge network of pulley-drawn elevators provides transportation between the platforms. The Guildhouse itself is a squat and solid structure with a placard bearing the group’s twisted-arch insignia in blue and gold.

I am losing consistent web access for the next week or so. I apologize in advance for any delays in posting. As such I am going to assume you make the easy check or mention Horus's name.

Duskwarden guards escort the party inside the hall to a small office. Inside is a half-elven woman the guard introduces you to. "Miss Talbren."

The Duskwarden invites you in. “We’re always glad to have competent help around here. Things have definitely seemed more riled up than usual down by the Undercity,” Talbren says. “How can I help?”

Crashed before posting.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Do not worry GM! ;-)

"Hello dear Talbren, we are Pathfinders and were entrusted by Horus to investigate several cases on structural damage to buildings in Kaer Mage which are under his care. Our current investigation hints at the Halflight path and some strange tentacle creature as the reason for the damage but we thought you might know more that you can tell us!"

She bows.

"And before I forget it! My name is Zaarah Katsu and really love your city! It is just completely insane and that is soooooo great!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"Just what she said. We are investigating property damage around the city, and some manner of creatures have been seen disappearing towards the Halflight Path. Perhaps the Duskwardens have seen something something in the tunnels?"


Silver ! Gold

“There usually isn’t much beyond the usual danger in the form of treacherous terrain, and if you take it slowly you’ll be fine. Once in a while, though, a creature creeps out of a vault and onto the path. That’s where we step in.”
She continues after a few more questions, "I have a list here of some vaults where we’ve noticed disturbances or unusual levels of activity. Maybe that will help narrow it down.”

Added a handout to the white half slide (link in my profile) and also here: White half.

Other questions for the Duskwardens?

in the interest of time:
If we are heading next to the troll augers, the party quickly finds Nuregore an augur who is willing to help. The price she charges depends upon how much relevant information the Pathfinders give.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

”Thank you very much Talbren! We will investigate those that seem most relevant! If you have nothing else to add we would leave now. !“

—————-

I would suggest either Blighted Well or Torture’s pain. These seem most connected to the structural damage we are investigating.

——-

Troll augur?!? ;-)

”Of course everyone agrees heading next to the troll ... ehh ... augers?! So Nuregore ... we heard that you are an expert augur and that you are willing to help. The price you charge is steep but what exactly do you want to know to reduce the price? Are you interested in the story about a noble family that lost its title and started a democratic career in Andoran although in secret they were still controlling the population through and elite conspiracy which undermined democratic principles!??“ she asks with a sly smile.


Silver ! Gold

"Story about an Andoran noble?" The troll's voice sounds very much like river pebbles rolling across each other. "I do not think you wish to pay me for the end of a story you already know. Tell me what you wish to know." She gestures at a kit filled with jars of spices, dried roots and herbs, and several containers with creatures and creature parts-some still wriggling.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

"Uups, sorry! So we were hired by Horus, a leader in the Ankar-Te District, to investigate structural damage to buildings. But we found out that a woman saw that somebody also disappeared and she assumes a walking octopus with hypnotizing powers is responsible. Hmmm ... and we would like to know if you know what caused the structural damage in Ankar-Te and how we can find the ones responsible and make them stop damaging buildings and harassing people. I think that's it! Can you help us?" Zaarah says confidently.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Let's see what she comes up with. Evariel would have preferred to skip the augur and investigate the darklands, having never developed a taste for divination magic. But one never knows, she may prove herself useful.


Silver ! Gold

"Ahh that is much better, five gold is what I need."

When Zaarah mentions octupus, Naregore opens a jar, pulls out one of the cephalopods and adds it to a silver bowl. Then she pulls out a handful of poppies when the swashbuckler mentions hypnotizing. At Ankar-Te, a big pinch of purplish grey dust gets added to the silver bowl. Other ingredients get added and the troll chants over them as she mixes them all.

Naregore downs the mixture, casting spells as she does so. Her chants continue for a while longer, as the concoction works its way through her.

“I can tell you something of where you should go,” says the troll, who then kneels on the ground, draws a long knife from her belt and, with a powerful swipe, slices the blade across her belly. She doesn't scream, but her face becomes a contortion of pain.

She carefully reaches inside her abdomen and draws forth her glistening internal organs, lifting them to her eye level. She does not respond to the powerful odor that wells forth, and instead studies her intestines intently. The troll frowns and her eyes narrow. She sets her knife and intestines on the ground then reaches deeper into her abdomen, finally drawing out her stomach. She grunts in pain, as she palpates it gently as if feeling for something. “The walls are weak and it crumbles easily, the place you seek. A place beneath and below, yet there is much light.” A rumbling groan originates from her stomach, the gurgle startlingly loud. Nuregore raises her eyebrows and looks at the group. “It falls apart. Beware.” With careful skill, Nuregore shoves her innards back and presses the skin together. Her greenish hide knits together quickly and she stands. “Those are the visions I see.”

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun stares drunkenly and awkwardly at the troll augury.


Silver ! Gold

With Nuregore's interpretation and the rumors collected, the Pathfinders should be able to narrow the list given to them from the Duskwardens. The damages they are looking for seem to begin in one of these places.

Three folks build concensus, or two and 24 hours. :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah Is truly flabbergasted when she sees how the troll is handling her own intestines and cannot believe that the future can be read by looking at some blood and organs!!

”Ehh ... ehh ... tha ... Thanks! You ... helped a lot! I think ... “

Looking at the group she suggests to go to the Shining Deep: Numerous luminescent crystals throughout. Several cave-ins.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

"And to think there are those who say my craft is revolting," the elf comments as they leave the augur.

I agree, it sounds like the Shining Deep to me.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)
Evariel wrote:

"And to think there are those who say my craft is revolting," the elf comments as they leave the augur.

I agree, it sounds like the Shining Deep to me.

Zestel tries to heft up his Drunken Dwarf friend.

"Yes, good, whatever. Can we get going . . . it is getting hard to lug this lug around."

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"All the places in Duskwardens' list sound like wonderful places for vacation. But yes, Shining Deep sounds like the place from ... that divination. It's certainly isn't very clear, and I'm not sure how reliable that... divination is. But since we don't have any other clues, we might as well check out Shining Deep."

Tiberius is still staring at the troll in awe and disgust. He never cared much for divination, and slept through most of the lectures in his youth. But whatever those boring old farts were trying to teach him, they must have been much better options than what he just witnessed. Divining from one's own guts - now that's just ... wrong.

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 14, T 14, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +7 CMD 16|5/5 Arcane, 2/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 1/1 Time

"An ingenious use for flesh," Notes Xukong coldly, standing a conspicuous distance back from the augur but seemingly undaunted by the sight so long as it can duck the smell. "I should like to see all these vaults with time, but yes, the Deep is the obvious choice."

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

"We are in agreement! Then let us go!" Zaarah shouts!


Silver ! Gold

The Duskwarden's approve the Pathfinder's journey and Talbren herself leads the way to the vault known as Shining Deep. She insists the party remain quiet along the journey, to keep from attracting any lurking monsters. The travel is silent for the next few hours.

Talbren raises a hand and stops abruptly. Reaching in to her uniform pocket, she withdraws a handful of glowing crystals on leather cords. She whispers, “These crystals are called Halflight charms. Each of you should carry one with you. They provide a bit of light, but that is not their primary function. If you find yourself in dire straits, clutch the amulet and call for help. The nearest Duskwardens will learn your location and come to assist.” The Duskwarden leans closer. “Do not call for us lightly. The disturbance in this vault provides me and my fellow Duskwardens with an opportunity to see the mettle of the Pathfinder Society for ourselves. However, if your life is truly in danger, don’t let pride get in the way of good sense. Activate the charm and flee.” She pauses for a moment before adding, “Normally, I would be able to guarantee that the signal would reach us, but given the circumstances, try to wait until you’ve fled the vault proper before activating the charm. Otherwise, we may have the same trouble finding you as we’ve had locating the other group.”

Please list any pre-dungeon buffing, in-city purchases, or other preps :)

Thanks for the map. Please add yourselves to it. :)

The walls of this chamber are smooth in the western end except for where part of the ceiling has collapsed, creating a rubble pile that reaches towards the center of the room. Just to the east of this pile, a natural chimney’s low whistling hints at fresh air entering the cavern from somewhere below. A shallow pool southwest of this
hole is slowly refreshed by a steady drip of water from above.
Two exit options E and S.


No pre-buffing for me.

”Let us go in! We are taking the token of your security and thank you for your offered aid!“ Zaarah says.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Buffing: Mage armour from want, and casting False Life. Will check the map once I'm on a proper computer.
False life : 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"Bah, we are mighty masters of magic - we don't need to call for help!" Tiberius proclaims, but puts on the amulet nevertheless. In truth, such warnings do make him a bit jittery - but he sure isn't going to show it.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

No buffing here.

Evariel takes one of the Crystal's and hangs it around his neck. "Our gratitude. We'll be sure and use them as a last resort."

"So then," the elf says to his allies, "my preference is this way, since it's the larger one." He mutters a short incantation, and the tip of his staff glows with a soft light spell.

I vote east.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

East is fine! ;-)

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"Afgljbfc!" Drogun slurrs as he drinks from his tankard once more. 2 drunken rage points (expire in an hour)

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Wand or mage armor, +4AC for an hour

Zestel walks behind Drogun. ”I’m not much of a combatant. I’ll just follow you from back here. Lead on wherever you wish.”


Silver ! Gold

The east tunnel climbs gradually, a smaller shoot drives off to the south. The party continues east and continues to climb before opening into another room.

Executive decision, I hope that does not significantly interfere with anyone's concept of character! Also this is not true south or east, but I will use traditional orientation for ease of description.

Piles of rubble encroach upon the middle of this room. Glowing gems glitter to the northeast, their light reflecting off a small pool of water and casting rainbow patterns on the ceiling.

Kn (engineering) or Profession (stonemason) DC 17:
These walls are prone to collapse and unstable.[/ooc]

[spoiler=Perception (DC 15)]A seemingly mundane glistening rock seems to have a fleshy appearance.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

kn engineering : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Zaarah casts detect magic and scans the area.

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 14, T 14, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +7 CMD 16|5/5 Arcane, 2/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 1/1 Time

Xukong draws a wand shaped like an isosceles pyramid of black marble, its edges lined with diamond. It touches it to both shoulders, and its form is momentarily overlaid by a the black silhouette of a stylized suit of armor (mage armor wand).

Getting the others' attention for a moment, it also indicates two of the wands at its side: One a red coral wand shaped like a pitchfork (infernal healing), the other a verdigris-coated copper wand tipped with a stylized obsidian sunburst, as well as a flask filled with translucent black liquid (inflict light wounds). "If I should be gravely harmed, use *these* to fix me. I am...wrought of an uncommon temper."

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Xukong looks at the cave walls with the eye of a professional art critic.

"Steel yourselves; these walls are indeed riven with instability."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"What is this?" Xukong's normally icy voice rings now with a note of revulsion as it stares down a particular glistening rock. "Is that stone...or crude, base flesh?"

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah draws her crossbow and readies her Scimitar in her other hand.

She starts walking in the direction of the strange stone that Xukong noticed. M

”This could be an ambush!“ she says silently.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"'mbusch? Aye c'n 'andle uh 'mbusch!" Drogun declares as he stumbles onward with his mug still the only thing in hand.


Silver ! Gold

ini:
D: 1d20 ⇒ 7
E: 1d20 ⇒ 12
T: 1d20 ⇒ 17
X: 1d20 ⇒ 9
ZC: 1d20 ⇒ 4
ZK: 1d20 ⇒ 20
TS: 1d20 ⇒ 8
VT: 1d20 ⇒ 11

As the dwarf stumbles forward, carefully avoiding spilling anything from his already empty mug, a portion of the cave floor takes a deep breath and pulls itself together. Literally. From a thin layer of flesh spread out across the floor, the creature coalesces into an amorphous blob which forms a pseudopod and strikes at Grundar!

Zestal, Tiberious, Evelain are quick to act and start into action while the creature is still just an outline on the floor.

Kn (dungeoneering) DC 14:
This is a gray ooze. More information might be available depending on the check.

ROUND 1
ZK (24):<-- here now
TS (14): <-- here now
E (16): <-- here now
animate cave floor thingy(10):
D (9):
X (8):
ZC (6):

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 14, T 14, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +7 CMD 16|5/5 Arcane, 2/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 1/1 Time

Though its body violently convulses in surprise at the thing, Xukong's mind continues to move with geometric precision, and at the speed of dark....

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah starts to tumble and tries to move to the other side of the strange being!

Acrobatics, double move so moving half speed through the enemies space DC is CMD+5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"Ewwww! There's a reason why I don't hang out in caverns..."

Tiberius wrinkles his nose, and decides to keep his distance to this thing. But there is one thing most of the creatures will obey - his very own signature magic missile. From Tiberius' outstretched hand, four small darts of energy speed away and strike the blob with terrifying force.

Toppling Magic missile, CL8: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 1) + 4 = 14

I doubt the thing can be tripped, but here's the trip roll anyway

Trip CMB: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

I assume that's meant to be me?

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Ooo, a gray ooze." (Insert some relevant information here.) "I've never faced one myself. Let's test its defenses." Evariel barks out a short incantation.

Casting flare, DC 16 Fort or be dazzled for 1 minute.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

"Afraid I don't know much about Oozes . . ." Zestel says, taking a step forward. "Let's test its resistance to acid."

Acid Splash, vs flat footed touch AC
Attack Roll -8, 4 from shooting behind Drogun, 4 for shooting into melee: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3
If Hit: 1d3 ⇒ 3Acid damage

51 to 100 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.