[PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

Wizard's Wanted! Gameday VII Lower Tier
**White Half Table !
**Back Up Communication link, Please follow the link to add this to your google drive.**


1 to 50 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Silver ! Gold

The Pathfinders receive a letter from Sheila Heidmarch explaining the details of their mission...
Or they will on the 13th. Please introduce yourself (IC)

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

High in Skyreach tower a young half-Elven man of Varisian decent with numerous facial tatoos of Thassalonian script is shuffling through several tomes. He is wearing a light, airy robe without much ostentatious decoration, and his shoulder-length dirty blonde hair, normally worn slicked back, is currently frazzled from numerous frustrated fingers being run through it. The tomes including such titles as “So you want to learn about the planes,” “Planar travel 101,” and “Grundersnutt’s introductory guide to the planes.” He puts down his current book and lets out a frustrated groan.

”Ugh, why didn’t the Runeguards teach me ANY of this stuff?” he complains.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah, a scrawny girl with auburn hair and amber eyes, is sitting on her chair with closed eyes. Her features seem Chelaxian but also have something else mixed in.

She is wearing light leather armor and carries a Scimitar at her hip that is attached to her wrist with a very fine chain.

Zaarah seems to be dreaming Zestel's introduction pulled her out of her state of trance. She suddenly jumps up and runs to Zestel’s side.

"Oh me second, me second please!! I do not know much about the planes ... okay a little but but I know my family better!!"

She turns towards the other Pathfinders and has a slightly absent view when she starts speaking.

"You know ... I really like you all ... and I have the feeling that I have heard of you ... but who told me about you ... everything is so fuzzy ..."

5 seconds of silence

Tears are visible in her eyes.

"... well ... sometimes what I say might sound crazy but I promise it will be logical!"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel Jumps slightly as he sees the hyperactive woman come up and start talking.

”Oh, uh, sorry to bother you. I was just trying to bone up on my planes knowledge. See on a recent mission I found some sort of inter-planar tear and I was woefully underequipped to study or deal with it so. . .” he gestures to the books. ”Though honestly, without a teacher, it’s been slow going. My name is Zestel, by the way, Zestel Cozma.”

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah looks confused.

”Oh I couldn’t teach you the right things!?! I think... or maybe. Ahh no!“ she babbles and shakes her head.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

An effeminate elf strides through the street toward Heidmarch manor or wherever the missive requests). His wooden staff, decorated with ornate elven runes and other carvings, thuds softly on the ground as he walks. He wears a flowing robe of dark purple, interwoven with a protection spell; unlikely to stop a sword outright, but every bit helps. His spellbook sits heavy on his back. "I suppose it's too much to hope that these missions play to my strengths twice..."

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

*BELCH* can be heard through the rows of the library as well as a shuffle/stumble of feet.

An obviously drunken dwarf emerges, stumbling with a dented metal stein in hand. The dwarf wears what appears to once have been nice quilted cloth armor. Now, it is stained with all manner of stains and quite dirty. On his back is tied four small casks and he wears a sword sheathed at his belt.

"OI tHEre! Whizzsard!" he bellows belligerently, "I rEmmeMmemmber yu'! YuR Zef...Zersch...Zal.....It wUz uh Z sumthin'!" He sways quite heavily, seemingly about to spill his stein full of liquid everywhere.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Somewhere in Absalom, a man of clearly Varisian origin is standing in a doorway, and is having an argument with an uniformed man.

"...I do not understand what you are talking about, Captain. I assure you my shop is a perfectly legal establishment. Nothing shady going on within."

The man sounds innocent enough, but something about his weasel-like face makes it hard to believe. The Varisian combs his greasy hair with his fingers before moving his hand to scratch the thin moustache above his lip, all the time keeping his eyes locked tightly in the captain of the guard.

"Ahha, whats this!? Just because I'm Varisian, you think I'm Szcarni, yes? And that makes you want to blame me for everything, yes? Now what would the Council think if the city's officials are harassing honest businessmen with racist motives, hmm? Now begone, little man. Come back with a search warrant or don't come back at all!"

The man, Tiberius by name, withdraws into his tattoo shop, and closes the door behind him. For a moment, he stands by the windows, and observes the frustrated captain leaving.

"You can come out from hiding, cousin. The guard will not come back today." He shouts, and knocks the door of the secret basement. He then remembers a letter on the table, which he forgot when his cousin came asking for help. Slowly, he picks it up, and starts reading.

"You'll find your way out, cousin. I have business with the Pathfinders."

"And please send my regards to uncle Guaril!"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)
Drogun wrote:

*BELCH* can be heard through the rows of the library as well as a shuffle/stumble of feet.

An obviously drunken dwarf emerges, stumbling with a dented metal stein in hand. The dwarf wears what appears to once have been nice quilted cloth armor. Now, it is stained with all manner of stains and quite dirty. On his back is tied four small casks and he wears a sword sheathed at his belt.

"OI tHEre! Whizzsard!" he bellows belligerently, "I rEmmeMmemmber yu'! YuR Zef...Zersch...Zal.....It wUz uh Z sumthin'!" He sways quite heavily, seemingly about to spill his stein full of liquid everywhere.

In a manner that must be most strange to others, the scholarly Wizard steps forward and greets the dwarf with a nice hug.

"Oh, Drogun, nice to see an old friend. Oh, here, you've dropped your sword again. Ah, Drogun and Zestel Cozma on another mission." He subtly drops his name for the inebriated dwarf as he picks up the dwarf's dented and battered longsword and hands it back to him.. "Haven't seen you since that tower business just outside of Absolom. Think they'll be sending us to another one? I've heard there is a red-colored redoubt that is particularly notorious . . ."

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 24*, T 12, FF 21*|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA/death*, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +9* CMD 16|1/5 Arcane, 1/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 0/1 Time

From behind him, Evariel can now hear the screech of sharp-edged metal on the cobblestones, getting louder as it gets closer, until finally he finds his stride matched by a profoundly unsettling figure next to him. Well, 'matched' is probably not the right word, given that this...creature, whose sex is quite obscured by a beautiful, strangely-cut kimono and a a stunning full-face mask of metal and cloth, does not so much 'stride' as shuffle, lurch, and hop its way down the street, punctuated by the occasional spasm. Sinuous, abnormally-structured muscles can be seen beneath marble-colored skin where it is not covered by kimono, mask, or its long silk gloves over its spidery hands, and a shock of long hair, purest black in color save for a slight turquoise tinge, emerges from the back of its mask, which otherwise exposes only the wearer's eyes: two stark white almonds, as bright and as cold as distant stars. It smells of apricot vinegar, loam, and an array of herbs and minerals such as would be equally suitable emanating from an alchemist's laboratory as from a Tien spice cupboard. At its sides are a small hexagonal spellbook, a sheaf of assorted wands, and the source of the noise that heralded this...entity's arrival: An extraordinary black sword that looks all by itself like something out of some dark legend.

It looks over at Evariel. It says nothing, but after a moment, produces a token of the Open Road.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"Hhrrmmmm?..O' raiight! M'sword! Yurrr th' sword whiizzard! Mu' appreciated Zesteel Coma!" Drogun slurrs overly loudly. "Ah thin' we arr goin' sommers together!"


Silver ! Gold
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:

The Pathfinders receive a letter from Sheila Heidmarch explaining the details of their mission...

location: 1d6 ⇒ 2, arc: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The missive:

Greetings Friends, For some time I have been making diplomatic inroads into Kaer Maga, the so-called City of Strangers. The Society would love to gain access to the many vaults carved beneath the city long ago. However, because of the danger of the vaults, the group in charge of protecting them—the Duskwardens—rarely allows anyone to stray from their carefully patrolled paths. The Duskwardens seemed willing to consider allowing Pathfinders to venture beyond their protection, but only if we were acting on behalf of one of the city’s major factions with their endorsement. They want us to prove that we are willing to work as partners to a faction and that we will not upset the city’s existing balance of power.

After receiving the Duskwarden’s reply, I reached out to the leaders of several of the city’s largest factions with evidence of our agents’ skill and goodwill. Most of the responses I received were noncommittal. However, Horus Ilaktya took a greater interest. Illyakta is the de facto leader of the Ankar-Te District. He has asked me to send a group of agents to investigate a recent event that has caused property damage in his district.

A word of caution—very few in Kaer Maga are beacons of morality. In Ankar-Te, necromancy is respected, and people openly walk the streets with their undead servants. Horus is the owner of a shop called the Last Rites, the district’s largest purveyor of mindless undead, or, as they locals euphemistically call them, Twice-Born. Horus lives by his own code, a code that should make it safe for you to interact with him as long as you don’t interfere with his merchandise. He doesn’t kill people, and he only uses corpses that he purchases from the families of the deceased. In keeping with his faith in Urgathoa, he sees these “rebirths” as a gift, and is unlikely to react well to any suggestions to the contrary. I understand some of you may find his occupation and methods distasteful, but please keep the larger mission in mind and avoid causing any diplomatic incidents.

Sincerely,
Sheila Heidmarch

There is a little bit of time for purchases and other preparations before a Seeker shall take the party to Kaer Maga. At the appointed hour the pathfinders are to meet at a jewelry shop called the Emerald Heirloom." The proprietor is a dwarf who runs his fingers through a finely braided beard, flashing the emerald and sapphire rings he wears.

"Come little soldier boy's. Gather round," he says. The rock wall behind him shifts revealing the very large arms of a very large elemental to encircle the group. The creature's head splits into flat projection much like that of a hammer-head shark. It also bears three lowing runes, crescent moons, which the Seeker also bears. "Shuler'D and I will take you as far as Kaer Maga, as soon as you are ready." he smiles.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah is very amused after reading about their mission.

”This is really funny! Dead beings used as servants!?? This is outrageous and hilarious at the same time! I have to admit that I find this unsettling but at the end I do not care. I do not know if I told you where I grew up!? Well when I was younger I lived near Korvosa in Palin’s Cove which is really just around the corner!“ Zaarah says smiling.

The she looks at the dwarf and his jewellery.

”Can we really trust you? Well what do you dream about?!? That will reveal much!!“ Zaarah says with a sly smile.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"Good day, Master Dwarf. What a fine, fine establishment you have here." Tiberius greets the owner as he enters the shop, unhealthy gleam in his eyes as he stares all the jewelry within.

And then he turns his attention towards the assembled team of Pathfinders. "Ah, pleasure to meet all of you. I am Tiberius, a humble horse salesman, tattooist, entrepreneur, and a dabbler in magic. From the looks of you, I believe this time Miss Heidmarch managed to assemble a more knowledgeable part of Society members."

He startles slightly when the arms reach out from the wall, and looks at the elemental with squinted eyes. "Care to tell us, Master Dwarf, how exactly are we to make the trip to Kaer Maga?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Earlier:
Evariel looks over his new companion. He smells like a spice cupboard. I'm guessing it's to cover up something... less pleasant. "You're a dhampir, aren't you? You should know I specialize in-- well, your kind." He decides he might as well put it out there early, given where they're heading. "I'm a necromancer. So if we're to be traveling together, well, I thought you might like to know."

To be honest, though, it was hard to concentrate on anything else as he made his way to the Emerald Heirloom to meet the others. An entire city of necromancers! Why have I never heard of this Ankar-Te district of Kaer Maga before? Even if it's a predominantly-human city, he's surprised his mentor never mentioned it during his tutelage. Seems like the kind of thing I ought to have been told about. Perhaps the only place in the world where, if I brought a companion into town, nobody would even think twice.

Now:
The elf looks the others over. "My name's Evariel. I've no doubt as to why I was asked to this mission; I specialize in necromancy."

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel gives a shiver at the mention of necromancy, but otherwise follows the group without a word, nose-deep in “Everythng you wanted to know about the planes but were too afraid to ask.”

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"Hrrmm?.." Drogun stubles along and then through the door to the establishment. He looks around at the assorted jewels with eyes wide, "Aye'd know th's place from annnywhere's! G*belch*auldur yuh dog! Where're ya?" Drogun then begins stumbling around the store clearly looking for it's patron.

Sovereign Court

dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

cool bonus :)

Sheila's letter came with a small map of Kaer Maga with the location of Horus Ilaktya’s store in Ankar-Te clearly marked.

"Well then as you are all ready," says the dwarf giving his beard one final pat (and his rings one final fourish). "I am Galdur Brassclaw the XXI, and I am to.... His eyes suddenly widen and he points to the elemental. "Shuler! Look out!"

The massive elemental reaches its arms around everyone as rocks begin falling from overhead. It leans over the party to shield them from the avalanche. The thudding of heavy boulders reverberate through the element and it tips over rolling into the stony floor and carries the party with them.

Everything is dark for a brief moment and Shuler is impossibly still the party still wrapped in his incredible arms. Then the thudding decreases and eventually stops.

"Shuler?" asks Galdur.

He is answered by a slight rumbling, like earth rolling off a plough or an ice-berg calving from a glacier. The elemental stands up and slowly spreads his arms to free the party.

The dwarf's eyes twinkle in the sunlight. Yes, sunlight for the party no longer stands in the Emerald Heirloom but a place just outside Kaer Maga’s walls, atop the plateau that allows the city to tower over the surrounding landscape.

He chuckles and flashes his masterpiece jewelry, "Such a handy thing teleport. To be honest I use it much more now then before I retired from the Pathfinders." he smiles. "As I was saying, I am Galdur XXI and I am to take you to Kaer Maga. he purses lips behind his beard. 'Which I have done." He fidgets with his braid again. "So I shall return back to work now.

He points toward an open-air meat market, "Pass through there, it is called Meatgate, where poor farmers sell their wares for affordable prices. Just past Meatgate, you'll find The Gap, a large hole in the city's walls and into the city proper."

Unless someone has questions for Galdur, he bids you good by and gestures again at his eidolon. The creature falls on top of him, pushing both into the earth and they are gone.


Silver ! Gold

Kn (history) or Gather Information (diplomacy) (DC 10):
Kaer Maga is a massive ring of stone unbroken except in one place: the Warren. Some unknown calamity appears to have blown an enormous hole in the city’s ring there. Otherwise, the majority of the city is housed within the ring’s multileveled honeycomb of lantern-lit chambers and caverns. Additional information for higher rolls.

Kn (arcnana or history) (DC 10):
The city of Kaer Maga was here before the Thassilonian empire even began. Additional information for higher rolls.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Is Galdur really level 13?

kn(history): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

kn(arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"Team, this is an ancient city. The city of Kaer Maga was here before the Thassilonian empire even began."

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Kn. history: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

"And behold... The seamless ring of stone which walls the City of Strangers - Kaer Maga!" Tiberius faces the city, and cannot help but feel impressed by it. Even if it's not the first time he's here, it works for him every time.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel sways suddenly at the unexpected Teleport, but regains his balance and looks up at the massive walled city.

Knowledge-Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Knowledge-Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Ah, Kaer Maga. Vechiul rival . . . the Old Rival." He pauses noticing several of his colleagues giving him an odd look.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I'm from Magnamar . . . we have something of an ongoing . . . economic rivalry? Yeah, I guess you could say an economic rivalry going on with Kaer Maga. Well, shall we? Won't find this "Illyakta" out here. Probably not at least . . . Anyone good at asking random strangers for information? That was a skill I never really picked up." Zestel gestugres towards the meatgate.

Zestel will follow wherever the party wants to go.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Gauldur absolutely is level 13 ;)

Once the party comes to in Kaer Maga a snoring can be heard. Looking down, Drogun is face-down snoring, unconscious.


Silver ! Gold

As the party is about to enter the city, Tiberius recalls the first neighborhood inside the Gap is called the Warren. It is home to the poorest residents of Kaer Maga but also serves as the natural main entrance to the city for locals and visitors alike.

Zestel is able to add even more details. Kaer Maga’s government is decentralized. A collection of powerful factions controls various portions of the city. The Ardoc family of golem-crafters controls the Bis district, famed for its balconies lining the walls. The Ankar-Te district is known for its many undead servants and treats Horus Ilaktya as its de facto leader. A newer faction, the Freemen, is led by Halman Wright and operates out of the Bottoms, a stronghold of democracy. A group of peaceful trolls lives in the city, many of them skilled in augury. The Duskwardens patrol the tunnels underneath the city, where they strive to keep nosy visitors out of the vaults and creatures in the vaults from getting out.

Meanwhile the kitsune offers this tidbit which both Zestel and Tiberius confirm. The very first Runelord of Greed used Kaer Maga as a prison for his enemies.

Galdur is my -1 and has been playing since 2011. Recently he went through the Eyes of the Ten, (GM by Drogun). It took me six years to get my first character to Seeker level, but I did it :). Galdur is also an NPC, just a chance for me to add some flavor into what the scenario says is '...the party teleports to...'. Sorry for the Red Herring.
"What do I dream about? Well. the dwarf answers Zaruh's earlier question. "Well I have always been a jeweler first, and the crown on the first Stavian was done by a previous Galdur. I guess my dream would be to make the crown for the next succession of Taldor's monarch." Under his breath he adds, "And I support Princess Europa being the one who bears that crown-beard or no beard!"

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 24*, T 12, FF 21*|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA/death*, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +9* CMD 16|1/5 Arcane, 1/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 0/1 Time

Knowledge (Arcnana)? Is that some kind of enchanted fruit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The strange masked kensei hisses and squints in the light before interjecting its own two silver regarding Kaer Maga....

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

"Thanks a lot for the teleport and your explanations!" Zaarah says smiling.

"Now let us get to this Horus Ilaktya to see what he wants." she suggests.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Silver ! Gold

"Not only did the very first Runelord of Greed used Kaer Maga as a prison for his enemies," Xukong says eating an enchanted apnplnen, "When he first took control of the city, the rune lord made a deal with the caulborn, a mysterious race of prophets and record-keepers residing in the city. They agreed to become wardens and historians of the city, and after millennia of service, the caulborn predicted the arrival of the Starstone and fled deep beneath the surface to escape."

As the party approaches The Gap, the whole in the wall that serves as the primary gate into the city, numerous folks approach them. They are all offering something, including a handful that offer guide services.

Whether you hire a guide or not you eventually work your way Horus. If you would like to do something before reporting in pleas say so and I will retcon it in.

On the other side of the Gap, the party enters the Warren district, which is the poorest part of the city. The name comes from the maze of makeshift shanties and haphazard constructions that its residents have cobbled together with limited resources. Anyone who is willing to put the work in to help the community survive is welcome, from humans and halflings to goblins, orcs, and wererats.

The transition between the Warren and the rest of the city is stark. Everywhere else, Kaer Maga’s thick walls are in good repair. All of the city’s districts except the Warren are situated in a multilevel complex of massive, vaulted chambers, cast in perpetual twilight lit by a kaleidoscope of shimmering lamps.

Even by the standards of Kaer Maga as a whole, Ankar-Te is a district known for accepting all manner of beliefs and philosophies that rarely appear in polite society. Mindless undead servants are a common sight in its streets. A perpetual fog of incense covers any odor that may otherwise emanate from the flesh of the working zombie hordes. Once the PCs arrive in Ankar-Te, they have little trouble finding the Last Rites.

If anyone would like to RP some exploration of Kaer Maga please do so. We will work it in as a retcon. With the two days lost to posting though I am going to push us ahead to your next scheduled encounter, already in session....


Silver ! Gold

The interior of the shop named Last Rites has far from the somber appearance its name suggests. Fresh-cut flowers stand in vases throughout the room, filling the air with a pleasant fragrance. The walls are painted light green, and multiple still life paintings hang in gilded frames from the walls.

A tall, thin, middle-aged man stands near a long marble table in the center of the room. He smiles and gestures at the finely crafted mahogany chairs around the table before settling himself into the one at the end. He then picks up a tiny bell and rings it.

At the far end of the room, a door opens and a figure dressed as a servant enters, carrying a tray. The figure’s movements are stiff and its eyes stare straight ahead as it sets a tray with a decanter of deep red wine and several glasses down gently. The creature then turns and leaves the room. “Pathfinders!” says the man at the table, as he offers the wine.

“How pleasant that you could come. I am Horus Ilaktya, owner of this establishment and a leader of the Ankar-Te district. Your Venture-Captain—that is the correct term, yes?—Sheila Heidmarch promised to send some of her most capable agents. I am sure I will be pleased with what you have to offer. But on to business. I would like you to investigate a problem in my district. Just the other day I began to hear reports of property damage in the district, but I have not had time to investigate these reports myself. Since I knew I had Pathfinders on the way, I thought I’d leave it up to you to determine the cause of this damage and eliminate any threat to Ankar-Te’s wellbeing, even should it take you beneath the city and into the vaults.

“See what you can find in the streets. I’d also recommend talking to the Augurs. Their command of prophecy is quite impressive. When you have dealt with the threat, return to me and we will discuss your findings.”

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel gets increasingly uncomfortable-noticeably so- around all the undead. This does not abate in the shop and he stiffens up as the Undead servant sets a glass down in front of him. It is obvious that he is using all his willpower not to shirk from the undead creature.

"Uh, yes, charmed. I'm sure. Your-or maybe your hireling's-mastery of the art is . . . impressive I guess. Never could work out Necromancy for myself. But on to the matter you brought us here for. What sort of property damage are we talking about here?"


Silver ! Gold

Kn (religion) DC 5:
The servant is an unusually well-preserved zombie.

You ninja'd my edit Zestel :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah is flabbergasted to see this ancient city for the first time although she lived in Varisia for so long.

"Guys, this is incredible! I am just happy that my sister Setare is not here - she would immediately have started to preach and preach and preach and then she would have taken care of the undead! But you guys are great! Totally chilled and in control - I really like your professional attitude. They are just walking corpses after all, right?" she says smiling when they walk through the city.

* * *

In the shop Zaarah intently looks at the Zombie and starts speaking to Horus.

"Thank you so much for welcoming us here! Your task sounds super easy. We are researchers but know how to investigate and fight!" she says and points at all the weapons in the room.

"My sword even talks to me - it is an intelligent black blade after all! And I swear ... I am not crazy and do not hear voices!" she says with a stern look.

She then comes a little closer to Horus.

"But listen, how do you create these undead? Why don't they start eating people? That is what the usually do - I have lots of experience with these things! And do they dream?" she says with a sly smile.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Tiberius holds his wine-filled glass aloft, and studies it against a source of light to make sure there are no bits of skin or fingers or anything else that could have dropped off the zombie. Finally, satisfied, he takes a small sip.

"Do you anything about the nature of this property damage? I mean, what manner of property has been damaged? "

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Fascinating! Evariel walks the street feeling completely at ease-- not despite the shambling corpses, but because of them. He inhales deeply. The faint tinge of rot in the air, cleverly masked by flowers and incense, takes him back to his years of dissections and practice with forbidden magic. It's common knowledge that those who devote themselves to the necromantic arts have a proclivity toward cruelty and evil, but Evariel well knows that isn't always true. "The undead are potent tools, nothing more. Handle with care and they can be quite useful."

* * * * *

"Forgive me," the elf says to Horus when he catches himself staring at the man's servant. "I've practiced these arts for years, and have never seen them displayed so openly. I'm fascinated by your district. Is there anywhere I might purchase one of those myself? And more to the point, can you tell us where this damage seems to be?"

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun stumbles as he follows the group. He seems so focused on walking however that there is no way that he is at all aware of his location and environment.


Silver ! Gold

"Few undead eat people," Horus chuckles. "They follow commands like any other servant. Just don't command them to eat the humans." He goes into a short spiel on the expenses of obtaining such a servant, and it seems clear that even if you had the means, it would be filled with impracticalities such as the difficulty to get one back to Absalom.

Horus turns back to the task at hand. “I’ve heard multiple stories about the damage. Some of them claim entire buildings have collapsed, while others say it was only a few walls. I’m not asking you to make a full appraisal of the extent of the damage. I don’t need your expertise for that. Focus your efforts on making sure it doesn’t happen again."

"I just told you I haven't had time to investigate this yet. I would start with the people on the streets. If you run into much resistance just mention my name. That should clear up any confusion.”

Will it crash before I post? :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

”Then let us hope that nobody commands the undead to eat people!“ Zaarah says smiling.

”Let us talk to people around the damage site and see what we learn!“

Gather Information aid : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun looks up from his drunken stupor, "Eat!? Aww, I'm 'ungreh! We goin' tuh eat sommers?"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel moves over to the dwarf and helps him to his feet, stooping to give him a shoulder to lean on. "Uh, yes. We're going to go sample some of the street food in this wonderful city. Walk around. Probably-definitely leave this quarter . . . Say, while we're walking around, getting food, we should probably ask about all the weird structural damage, I mean, uh, damaged buildings, going on in the city. Probably caused by . . . uh, I'm going to say orcs. You hate orcs, right? They might be damaging this city, so we should go check it out."


Silver ! Gold

To keep things moving (or rather to make up for lost time) I am going to ask for two 'posts' in your next post. The first is for your initial investigation. The second is where you want to go next (Augurs or Duskwardens), once decided I will ask for approprate roles even if we haven't finished the first part yet.

Before you leave the Last Rites Horus asks if you have any other questions for him. His answer echoes in your head as you begin your investigations. Any other questions for Horus will be retconned in. :)

As the party moves through Kaer Maga and get a sense of the people, they eventually can ask some questions. You can make a Diplomacy (gather information) check as a party (with one lead and everyone else aiding) or make individual checks.

***

Augurs, troll residents with a gift for prophecy, or Duskwardens-hose who patrol the tunnels under the city. (providing information above doesn't change your minds :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah remebers her last question to Horus before she left.

"Are there any individuals that we need to take into account? Any group known as troublemakers?"

* * *

Zaarah already rolled her gather information DC 10 - maybe we can count as aid? ;-)

* * *

"I would suggest to go to the Duskwardens!"

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"O'!..." everything that follows the ' O'! ' is unintelligible nonsense with an accent.

Dark Archive

unknown Ru-Shi Dhampir Kensei 5
Spoiler:
|AC 24*, T 12, FF 21*|HP: 42/42|F +5, R 0, W +4 (+2 vs disease/MA/death*, -1 vs sonic, +1 vs earth/acid)|Init -1 Perc +2|CMB +9* CMD 16|1/5 Arcane, 1/2 Shard, 3/3 erase, 1/1 六, 1/1 Soul, 1/1 Scholar, 1/1 Archivist, 0/1 Time

Xukong sits down, and takes a wine glass with motions stiff enough to rival the servant's own. It listens silently, sword across its lap, and motionless throughout save to take the intermittent jerky swig from its glass (its mask turns out to have a built-in hinge mechanism for this).

Finally, it asks, "Please elaborate upon this structural damage. In as much detail as you are able."

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Since I have played this replayable before, I'll go wherever the party wants to go next. I'll aid another on gather information.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

I succeed!

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

As the group travels through the streets Kear Maga, Tiberius stops by the street vendors they come across - partly out of habit, and partly to squeeze out some information about the situation.

Is Kn. Local allowed for gather information? If it is, here's the roll:

Kn. local (gather information: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

---

"There's enough, trying to get used to the undead roaming around, so I'd rather avoid meeting any trolls right now. So I second going to the Duskwardens," Tiberius suggests, when the group ponders their next move.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Are undead available for purchase here?

"I think the Duskwardens are the best bet. If anyone knows about local crimes, it's likely to be them."


Silver ! Gold
Xukong wrote:

Xukong sits down, and takes a wine glass with motions stiff enough to rival the servant's own. It listens silently, sword across its lap, and motionless throughout save to take the intermittent jerky swig from its glass (its mask turns out to have a built-in hinge mechanism for this).

Finally, it asks, "Please elaborate upon this structural damage. In as much detail as you are able."

Horus watches the stilted movement as a master watchmaker might a timepiece that is not quite wound tight enough. He finally answers with almost no elaboration. “I am told that a few walls have collapsed. I have also heard entire buildings have fallen. Both are from sources I trust, so I need you to verify."

Gather information is needed Tiberius, but I will use that roll and your Diplomacy modifier instead for a 20. I think you will be the primary check, aided by others who make the required check. I think we have lost Takumi, but maybe it is only because of the frequent downs of the site and he will make it back to us now that it has been more reliable.

Takumi:
Xukong:
Evariel: successfully aids.
Zestel Cozma: successfully aids
Drogun:
Zaarah Katsu, successfully aids
Tiberius: primary 20 +6 which is enough to get the highest information.

The party comes across a terrified older woman. She wears a very nice, but very old shawl, which she protects with a unconscious grip. She is shaking in the corner of an alley.
"Gindalee," she answers by way of introducing herself. After she calms down, she says "I w-w-as sleeping on the f-f-floor"--her voice still shaking--"in the guest room at my cousin Gel's when I hears someone m-m-mo...,[/b] she tries to take a steadying breath. "...moving. I started to open the door and saw Gel walking away, all calm. Then. Then I saw it!" she gulps, "It was huge, like a walking octopus! I just stared at its eyes and I felt myself just drift away..." She pauses. "By the time I came to, Gel was gone and so was it. I think they were headed towards the Halflight Path."

Negative Evarial, undead are not for purchase here (unless there is some PFS rule to purchase undead for all cities of a certain size.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

”Very interesting! I love dreams! But not such crazy dangerous dreams. Well ... sometimes I do!“ she says with a crazy smile.

”What exactly is the half-light path? Or did I miss something?“ Zaarah asks.


Silver ! Gold

No one has made a high enough check for that information Zaarah, however since you asked....

Gindalee shivers as she answers. The tunnels that lead from K-Kaer Maga to Nidal-a city in the underdark. My cousin Gel's place is near one of its entrances. and I think that is where I saw them heading.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah smiles and bows.

"Thank you so much Gindalee! You helped us a lot! Sorry to ask but did this occurrence have any relation to structural damage to your building or other buildings?

GM, is Gindalee someone we interviewed near one of the sites where we investigated structural damage?

* * *

Zaarah thinks about her past experience and if she has heard anything about the underdark below the city.

kn(dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

* * *

"Team, we should definitely check if these structural damages occur near these entrances to the underdark. Might have been a coincidence here or a pattern!" Zaarah analyses and tries to find information that could help her to validate her hypothesis.

kn(geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Well, Tiberius' diplomacy roll would have been far less (14), since Student of Philosophy specifically states it doesn't work for gather information. But let's roll, since the info is out.

"Underdark..." Tiberius winces, hearing the meaning of the Halflight Path. "So yes, I agree with Zaarah - Let's see if the damage has happened near the entrances. But I'd really like to avoid going down to Underdark!"

1 to 50 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.