[PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

Wizard's Wanted! Gameday VII Lower Tier
**White Half Table !
**Back Up Communication link, Please follow the link to add this to your google drive.**


251 to 300 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Zaarah checks the area again but continues with the group if nothing special is visible.


Silver ! Gold

The blood trail leads further into the cave. On a side passages opens to another area slightly higher, before going up these steps the party notices movement up ahead.

A large pale creature has four suckered arms that end in pincers. A gnashing maw gapes in its head between two staring eyes. The shimmering eyes focus on Drogun, Zaarah, and Evarial while its tentacles wriggle horrifyingly.
Will Save needed from the three of you

Will Save:
DC 15. Failure means fascination for 1d6 rounds (I will let you roll if you want to.)

KN planes (DC 17):
This chaotic evil qlippoth is known as a shoggti. (you may recall more with a better roll.)

Initiative:

Drogun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Evarial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
VT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Zestel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Zaarah: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Tiberius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Party is up!
R1
VT (23): horrific gaze
Evarial (15):
Tiberius (8):
Zaarah (7.4):
Drogun (7.2):
Zestel (6):

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Using my reroll with 1 GM star!

Will save, +1 GM: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15 Puuuh! Lucky!

--

kn planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Puuuh! Lucky!

---

Swift action: Spend one point of Arcane Pool to turn her Black Blade Scimitar +1 into a +2 weapon for 10 rounds.

Zaarah casts 'shocking grasp' still 10 ft. away from the creature. Then she walks forward and delivery the spell with her intelligent Black Blade Scimitar.

Scimitar Black Blade +2 attack roll : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Scimitar Black Blade +2 Damage roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Probably no hit but she is holding the 'shocking grasp' charge.

Opportune Parry & Reposte if she is attacked, e.g. for an AoO if this thing has reach:

In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of tshe opponent is lower than Zaarah's parry then the opponent does not hit and Zaarah could potentially reposte)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Kn. (Planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

"Go underground, and see the ugliest things in existence... That's a shoggti! Umm, maybe a qlippoth... But if Shaine actually told us anything useful about it on his lecture, I think I dozed off.."

Tiberius takes a runestone of power from his bag, using it to fuel up his magics - and casts a magic missile.

burning arcane reservoir to boost CL
CL10 toppling magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2, 4) + 5 = 15
CL vs. SR, if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
trip: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

I've never seen one of these before. Let's see how much it needs those eyes.

Casting blindness, DC 19 Fort negates.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"Get outta me 'ead!"
Rage -> Charge (draw scabbard, two-handed)

Charrge!: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26
thwap!: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel casts protection from evil and moves forward to deliver it to the Dwarf.
+2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance to saves if the creature is evil. I’m on mobile right now, can someone move me behind Drogun?


Silver ! Gold

Evarial's dark magic pulls at the creature's eyes. F: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Tiberius sends another cascade of force coins at this creature.

The kitsune and the dwarf close in on the creature whose waiting tentacles lash out at the opening. The swashbuckler misses and the barbaian might as well have for all the damage it seemed to do. Fortunnately the elf's magic was successful and its attacks go wide. It is not enough to stop the creature from enacting it horrors on the party, focusing first, on Drogun.

AoO v Zaarah Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
AoO v Drogun Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19, chomp!: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, miss on evens: 1d12 ⇒ 6
Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 miss on evens: 1d12 ⇒ 3
Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 miss on evens: 1d12 ⇒ 12
Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 miss on evens: 1d12 ⇒ 12
Tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, squish: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 miss on evens: 1d12 ⇒ 4

Party is up!
R2
VT (23): horrific gaze
Evarial (15):
Tiberius (8):
Zaarah (7.4):
Drogun (7.2):
Zestel (6):

R1:

R1
VT (23): horrific gaze
2+
Evarial (15): casts blindness
Tiberius (8): magic missile
Zaarah (7.4): toppling magic missile
Drogun (7.2): hits qlippoth
Zestel (6): cast protection from evil

Tiberius, doesn't toppling make mm a second level spell? The runestone wouldn't work if so. I think you said you had a way to make it level 1 even with the metamagic feat, but I don't recall how if so. :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Hi GM, the tentacle attack vs. Zaarah activated her parry (to hit 30) and reposte (to hit 22). If the 22 to hit connected these were 10 slashing damage and Zaarah was still holding a charge of shocking grasp. So did that connect? Depending on this Zaarah would act diffently in spell combat. Thanks!

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Magic lineage trait makes spell count 1 level lower with metamagic - hence toppling magic missiles all day long

"Good job, elf! It should be fairly easy to beat a blind whatever-it-was."

Still, blind or not, the shoggti might be dangerous. To speed up its demise, the Varisian spellcaster keeps hammering it with missiles.

Using 2nd level slot to cast mm
magic missile damage CL 8: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 1) + 4 = 12
toppling trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

"Ahhgghh!" Drogun yells as he continues to bludgeon the creature with his scabbard.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

"Of course," Evariel replies calmly, though not without some satisfaction. He draws his bow. "Should be much easier now."

Longbow (into melee): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


Silver ! Gold

Zaarah, the parry works, but the target is out of reach so riposte does not. (Only 1 point panache spent)
Thanks Tiberius I knew you mentioned it, runestone just threw me off :)

The scabbard connnects but fails to significantly harm the creaure. The arrow misses* and does not manage to harm it's target.

*probably. I haven't refigured blindness or prone into qlippoth's AC, but it would still fail to damage it (hinthint).

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

For an INT-based caster party, we know astonishingly little about the creatures we encounter :)

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Ha ha! Very true!!

* * *

Spell combat: Starting with regular attack with her scimitar during spell combat full attack. Scimitar is still holding the charge of 'Shocking grasp'.

Scimitar Black Blade +2 attack roll : 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 = 15

Scimitar Black Blade +2 Damage roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

I assume this is not a hit - so she will not continue spellcombat. She is still holding the 'shocking grasp' charge.

Opportune Parry & Reposte:

In case Zaarah is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of tshe opponent is lower than Zaarah's parry then the opponent does not hit and Zaarah could potentially reposte)

Opportune Parry: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

In case Zaarah successfully parries she uses 'Reposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Reposte attack roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage reposte roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9


Silver ! Gold
Tiberius Scaevola wrote:
For an INT-based caster party, we know cast astonishingly few spells. :)

Your weapons are proving ineffective. Blindness, magic missiles have been. Speaking of blindness.

even is a miss: 5d12 ⇒ (1, 11, 11, 5, 2) = 30 (I will roll its attacks later, but it won't drop Drogun (though it may grapple him :), so you can all post R3 action!

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Yea Evariel's actual damage output is extremely low.

The elf moves forward, and his ring flashes as he reaches out to embiggen the dwarf again.

Bonded-item casting enlarge person. I'll take the AoO if there is one (probably a no, since he's blinded, but you never know what kind of bullcrap monsters might have!).

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Spell combat: Starting with regular attack with her scimitar during spell combat full attack. Scimitar is still holding the charge of 'Shocking grasp'.

Scimitar Black Blade +2 attack roll : 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 13

Scimitar Black Blade +2 Damage roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

I assume this is not a hit - so she will not continue spellcombat. She is still holding the 'shocking grasp' charge.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

biggend (one handing now)
Raaaghh!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Uhhh, fire off a crossbow at -8 penalty?
attack: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0
On the 5% chance I hit: 1d8 ⇒ 8

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"For Cailean's sake, put away your bows, you're not even scratching it! It's a qlippoth, you need to use... Well, I have no idea what works against qlippoths - but usually silver or cold iron wounds evil extraplanars. Or use this..." Tiberius pulls his wand of magic missile, to hand it out either to Zestel or Evariel.

While doing that, the arcanist casts a magic missile of his own to strike the creature.

boosting spell from arcane reservoir
toppling magic missile CL10 damage: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 1, 3) + 5 = 21
trip: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Silver ! Gold

The blind creature cuts into Drogun from the ground! Tentacles flay and thrash around the dwarf. The huge maw bites into him and three claws snap off barbarian flesh. One tentacle wraps around his waist and even more horiffying, one wriggles through Drogun's nose and into his skull!

bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28, dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
tentacle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, WISDOM DAMAGE: 1d4 ⇒ 1
grab: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

Actually Zaarah, the creature is blinded and then prone. Your second round hit him so please roll the shocking grasp damage. That also means you could have spell combat in round three, so if you want to, you can roll that as well.

R3
VT (23): mauls drogun
Evarial (15): embiggins drogun
Tiberius (8): Magic Missile
Zaarah (7.4): spell combat
Drogun (7.2): bonks the critter
Zestel (6): fires crossbow
23+2+21+26+3+3

Holding the dwarf in its strange grasp the creature does something and the floor starts to writhe as if it too is full of tentacles. Then the creature and dwarf disappear.

Spellcraft DC 17:
dimension door

Drogun:
You are grappled. when you arrive at your knew place. There might be a Save involved if you want to stay, but do you really want to?

R4
VT (23): takes Drogun away
Evarial (15):
Tiberius (8):
Zaarah (7.4):
Drogun (7.2):
Zestel (6):
23+2+21+26+3+3

Your move, please be specific in your actions. >:)

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

"Curses. It used a dimension door spell. Meaning it isn't terribly far away, but might have put a wall or even the floor between us and them. Finish it, dwarf!"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Can I see or hear them.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:
Zaarah Katsu wrote:


Spell combat: Starting with regular attack with her scimitar during spell combat full attack. Scimitar is still holding the charge of 'Shocking grasp'.

Scimitar Black Blade +2 attack roll : 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 13

Scimitar Black Blade +2 Damage roll : 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

I assume this is not a hit - so she will not continue spellcombat. She is still holding the 'shocking grasp' charge.

Thanks GM! So 'Shocking grasp' damage.

SG: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) = 7

* * *

Then continuing Spell combat & spellstrike: Cast touch spell Brand/0-level defensively, free action to deliver touch spell with Scimitar (spellstrike).

Zaarah successfully casts brand defensively and deliver her touch spell with her Scimitar.

Casting Brand defensively, concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Zaarah attacks with her intelligent Black Blade Scimitar.
.

Brand, free action to deliver with Scimitar Black Blade +2 attack roll, -2 spell combat : 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 23

Brand + Scimitar Black Blade +2 Damage roll : 1 + 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ 1 + (6) + 6 + 2 = 15

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel appears to be waiting for something.
Ready an action. If the creature appears to regain its sight, I’ll glitterdust him, DC16


Silver ! Gold

I forgot to subtract the penalty for being blind. All the rolls in the previous post should be 4 lower, but still looks like two hits and a grapple are successful.

Sparks skim over the outsider's skin and never seem to penetrate it. The black blade does bite before the creature takes his treasure away.

Zestel:
Can you succeed at a DC 17 spellcraft check, if so you would know the spell cast by Evarial has a duration of permanent. Are you already out of spells?

Fortunately the creature is still in battle with the dwarf, and Everial hears the struggle to the north.

R4
VT (23): takes Drogun away
Evarial (15):
Tiberius (8):
Zaarah (7.4):
Drogun (7.2):
Zestel (6):
23+2+21+26+3+3+5

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"Dimension door... Great, besides all the other tricks it has, it can teleport as well. Ugh..."

Tiberius turns around, looking around and trying to guess where the creature might have gone. Then he hears some dwarven curses and grunts from the north, and starts moving towards the sounds.

Moved Tiberius one move towards north. Does he see any signs of Drogun or the qlippoth?

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

If anybody tells Zaarah about the sounds of battle and Drogun's voice she will immediately run in that direction.


Silver ! Gold

The party follows the sound of battle north.

Remind me which of you has the light source?
Fast forward to the bridge (how many moves/rounds) for each of you.
Remember it requires Reflex Saves

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Zaarah has no light source. But hopes her low light vision helps with her companions nearby.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Zestel double moves towards the sound of the fighting
Don't have enough movement to get to the bridge

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Evariel rushes toward the sounds of battle, unsure what he's going to do there.

Double move also.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun continues wildly beating the creature.

Rawrg!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

Tiberius has ioun stone as a light source

With no sight of the qlippoth nor Drogun, Tiberius continues moving towards the sounds.

So one move more, making it a double-move for this turn. Crossing the bridge might be difficult. Three reflex saves for wizards - someone is bound to fall... Any ideas how we get everyone across fast and safe?


Silver ! Gold

Drogun:
You are dead right? you had 16 hp and then it dealt 11+6+6 (or is the 16 in your profile not accurate?)

The party moves forward with all haste. The sounds of battle suddenly stop and as they near the river, the pathfinders see the blinded horror moving back slowly through the dark.

You may not need to cross the bridge if you have spells with even a range of close. You do have spells right? ;) Let them rip!

EDIT: Zaarah if you have the movement, those saves will get you safely across the bridge.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

No, needed to Double move before that.

Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Reflex : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Zaarah has no light source. But hopes her low light vision helps with her companions nearby.


Silver ! Gold

Here, this might help:

R5
VT (23): kills Drogun, moves away
Evarial (15): <--here now
Tiberius (8): <--here now
Zaarah (7.4): <--here now
Drogun (7.2):
Zestel (6): <--here now
23+2+21+26+3+3+5

R4
VT (23): takes Drogun away
Evarial (15): double moves
Tiberius (8): double moves
Zaarah (7.4): double moves
Drogun (7.2): attacks qlippoth
Zestel (6): double moves
23+2+21+26+3+3+5

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

GM, if Zaarah hears that the monster obviously knocked Drogun into unconsciousness BEFORE CROSSING THE BRIDGE then she will not cross the bridge as she cannot hurt the monster with her lightning and her weapon is not suitable. So the monster would only kill her. She would then rather wait before the bridge together with her companions and cast the spell ‘longarm’ to have 10 ft reach .

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

GM:
I'm going to recheck the damages, but on of those 6's missed. Plus, It attacked after it was blinded and the 50% miss chance didn't seem to be accounted for.

Right so, after reviewing, Drogun started at full hp because we took the time to heal. So 38. R1 He then raged (up to 44) and charged provoking an AOO which missed due to a nat 1. R2 The thing then unloaded on him but rolled terribly from the miss chance only hitting for 4 dmg. Down to 40 hp. R3 You then rolled the miss chance ahead of time. One of the attacks in the next one missed because of miss chance. It seems that would have been the grapple due to the order, but I can resign that it was just the Wis damaging one so we don't have to retcon too much. Also, because it is blinded, one of the three attacks missed because the result was a 10 and Drogun's current AC is 11. Down to 23 hp. I honestly have no idea why I had 16 hp for Drogun. R4 it d doored Drogun. R5 I assume it full attacks Drogun. Said full attack could bring Drogun down.

Still rawring..: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

If Drogun is still unconscious or if his attack doesnt drop it...

Evariel casts one more spell at the creature, his last that might prove effective.

Cause fear, DC 18 Will negates.


Silver ! Gold

Drogun:
Venture Teller Play b'Post wrote:


Your weapons are proving ineffective. Blindness, magic missiles have been. Speaking of blindness.
[Dic=even is a miss]5d12 (I will roll its attacks later, but it won't drop Drogun (though it may grapple him :), so you can all post R3 action!

5 attacks, one miss. The lowest roll was a 14 which hits even before size modifiers. The grab is free. BUT as long as you are still up all is good :)

Drogun is still up! & you can see creature from this side of water. :)
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 3 oooh not looking good for this guy...


Silver ! Gold

A loud clong echoes over the course of the water. The mages running up to to the river see the creature almost stuck between the wall and a pillar. Once more a loud cracking of wood and the creature screams. It's horrifying call reverberates like a fading echo, each time a little less solid and from farther away.

The qlippoth too seems a little less solid and with each heartbeat it seems to slip a little farther away. As the large body fades, the mages can see through its body, then it is just an outline, and soon the only thing standing there is an exhausted and beaten dwarf, with the shattered remains of a sword scabbard in his hands.

Defeated, the outsider is sent back to its own plane.
forgot to add Droguns damage from this morning, and the thing had been sitting at one hp since right before it dim doored away. Well done! :)

spellcraft (DC 10):
Normally a body would remain once slain, but this one turns to an ectoplasmic puddle indicitive of its existence on the prime material plane only as a summoned creature.

Returning to the room it was discovered in, the pathfinders find much blood and eviscera along with more of the tattered robes. All of the robes seem to match though there are obvious differences. They are almost like a uniform and several pieces of silver are among the carnage.

In the center of the floor is a semi-circle completely empty of blood or other remains. Completing the circle passes through a wall.

Perception DC 14:
If the partial circle on the floor is one plane of a globe, the wall represents another, almost perpendicular to the floor. This is a semi-circle is of solid rock, but it is distinguishable because the rock all around it is shattered, cracked and has been reduced to rubble. The wall above and around this strange formation is strewn with cracks and the ceiling seems to have sagged down. If you know or can guess what this means please say so FTW! If not a spellcraft or geology check might provide more clues.

Kn (religion) DC 14:
The shards of silver are mostly just scrap at this point, but enough of them can be pieced together into several holy symbols to the demon lord Orcus.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun flops into a sitting position panting. He reaches behind him and fills up another mug of applejack.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah sighs and is relieved!

"Drogun, I am so happy that you survived!!"

Spellcraft DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"Incredible! This was a summoned creature?! Who summons such a vile monster and for such a long time?" Zaarah wonders.

Perception DC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Hey team, look: If the partial circle on the floor is one plane of a globe, the wall represents another, almost perpendicular to the floor. This is a semi-circle is of solid rock, but it is distinguishable because the rock all around it is shattered, cracked and has been reduced to rubble. The wall above and around this strange formation is strewn with cracks and the ceiling seems to have sagged down. What is that? Let me think."

Spellcraft to understand this better: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

kn religion DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)
Zaarah wrote:
"Who summons such a vile monster and for such a long time?" Zaarah wonders.

There are those who would say the same of me. "Someone who enjoys chaos, no doubt."

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

"Hm, this may have something to do with it. These pieces of silver are actually shattered holy symbols. Here," he says, grabbing a few and holding them together. "See? I'm sure I don't need to tell you who that signifies."

If no one else identifies it...
"It's Orcus," he adds patiently, "one of the demon lords."


Silver ! Gold

This wall is very thin. Not just the physical wall but the barrier between this world and whatever primal plane the qlippoth climbed out of. The Orcus cultists had probably intended a section of the Abyss. The qlippoth promptly tore the cultists to pieces. In addition, a shockwave from the planar breach caused significant damage to several buildings in Ankar-Te.

A wee bit of a jump in logic, based on the clues, but then again this is an Int-based party :)

You are free to return to the surface, and make your report. Someone may want to camp here overnight to prepare locate object the next day and find drogun's sword. He dropped is somewhere in the river IIRC. Someone may also decide to stay down here for some other reason. Just let me know.

Horus Ilakty asks about the nature of the threat you faced and its location.

Presuming Evarial would like as to make as much of a good impression on the venerable necromancer, but someone else may make he report as well.


Silver ! Gold

This wall is very thin. Not just the physical wall but the barrier between this world and whatever primal plane the qlippoth climbed out of. The Orcus cultists had probably intended a section of the Abyss. The qlippoth promptly tore the cultists to pieces. In addition, a shockwave from the planar breach caused significant damage to several buildings in Ankar-Te.

A wee bit of a jump in logic, based on the clues, but then again this is an Int-based party :)

You are free to return to the surface, and make your report. Someone may want to camp here overnight to prepare locate object the next day and find Drogun's sword. He dropped it somewhere in the river IIRC. Someone may also decide to stay down here for some other reason. Just let me know.

Horus Ilakty asks about the nature of the threat you faced and its location.

Presuming Evarial would like as to make as much of a good impression on the venerable necromancer, but someone else may make he report as well.

Dark Archive

M Elf Necromancer wizard 4 | AC: 14/12/12 | HP: 26/26 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMB +0, CMD 12 | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Command Undead 7/7 (DC 17 Will)

Gladly!

"It was a group of Orcus-worshippers that caused the damage, a short-sighted lot to be sure. Under the city we found a magic circle, a breached planar barrier, and a qlippoth. The cult had decided to open a portal to one of the outer planes; whether the one they found was the one they sought is anyone's guess. A qlippoth came through the portal, and promptly slaughtered them; you'll find various body parts of theirs down below. It was the shockwave from this breach that caused the damage to your buildings up here. Not to worry about the creature, though, we've sent it back where it belongs.

"Now before we leave, I'd be very interested in learning more about your reanimation techniques, if you have the time..."

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 7 | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +15 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 20 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +7 | Empowered Magic 1/1 | Freedom of Movement 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 7/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll: 1/1 | Reroll: 1/1 | Flight 7/7 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +6, Bluff (Deceive) +12, Dipl. (Convince) +16 | Low-light| Speed 30ft | Active cond:

Zaarah adds ...

"Well, we almost died trying to solve this puzzle and we surely hope that you are going to provide the Pathfinder Society with access and opportunity for join cooperation in Kaer Maga!" she says smiling.

The Exchange

Male N Human (Varisian) Arcanist 5 | HP: 32/32 +13tmp| AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/8 | Spell slots: 1st 0/6; 2nd 2/5 | Active conditions: Mage armor, False life

"Moral of the story - Don't join any strange cults, don't dabble in conjuration, and most importantly: Don't summon anything you can't control!" Tiberius remarks wryly, spoken like a true evoker.

"But as you can see, there's nothing that Pathfinder Society's agents can't handle. Now if you were to put up a good word of us towards Duskwardens, I'm sure we can do good business in the future as well."

251 to 300 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Beyond the White-half Halflight Path (Gameday VII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.