Variel's WotR

Game Master Neltji

From Level 1 to Level 20. Good luck heroes you might need it.

loot list

combat map


9,051 to 9,071 of 9,071 << first < prev | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | next > last >>

Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Taking a step back, Zeriax unleashes on the giant facing Morgrym - "Stand fast"

Whisperwind 1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Whisperwind 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

Whisperwind 3: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Whisperwind 4: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Garith moves into position and attacks along side Morgrym and Zeriax

Radiance: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
For 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Still have my should buff up for Morgrym for the +6sheild bonus


Zeriax has better luck targeting the giant as 3 of the arrows hit home. The giant collapses unconscious as Garith gives the killing blow leaving just the remaining ash giant.

Angry at the death of his friend he steps up and swings his massive club at the paladin.

Power lunge attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 for 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (4, 2) + 21 = 27
Iterative 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 18 - 5 = 25 for 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (5, 6) + 21 = 32
Slam 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 for 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Good guys up


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Hey thanks for the heads up on that, Garith. I didn't realize it was still going. Will include that then.

As the other giant steps up to attack, "You're just as dumb as yer brother! Don't worry, you'll be seein' 'im again real soon! IN HELL!" Morgrym taunts as he swings away with the intent to obliterate.

+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Damage: 2d6 + 33 ⇒ (2, 2) + 33 = 37

+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 33 ⇒ (5, 3) + 33 = 41

+1 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 33 ⇒ (3, 4) + 33 = 40

AC: 35/20 touch/27 ff; HP's: 212/269; Speed 60'; Rage (4/42); DR 6-; Resist 5: Acid/Cold; Resist 3: Fire; Attacks: Good aligned vs. Evil Outsiders(+1d6); Mythic (2/13) used

Current Svs: Fort +20/Ref +6/Will +12


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 12/Archmage 5 Portrait

"Hey! Why did the tomato turn red?" Ansha calls to the giant. "Because he saw the salad dressing!"

Subtle Magic Bluff: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40

Mythic hideous laughter, DC 26

Mythic Hideous Laughter: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

How is Garith looking after that attack routine from the giant?


Will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The giant falls to the ground laughing hysterically at the funny joke Ansha just said. He is on such a I promised state for the next 2 rounds that it is simple for Morgrym zeriax and garith to take him out.


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

So the giants are defeated? Assuming yes:

The monk steps forward, casting a simple spell and peering inside the door.

Detect Magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31

If he finds no immediate mundane or magical danger, he presses onwards, around the massive corpses, to investigate the room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Morgrym raises an eyebrow at the sudden change by the giant but that doesn't prevent him from attacking it relentlessly until it stops moving. Not going to bother with rolling. "Well that was interestin'." He walks over to Ansha with his breaker resting upon his shoulder, looking at her curiously. "'Why did the tomato turn red?', lass? And 'Because it saw the salad dressin''?" he repeats, stroking his beard in thought. Not a moment later a light chuckle escapes. "Okay... that's a pretty good one," he admits, nodding. "I mean, it helped us win so I ain't complainin'."

He then looks over toward the monk, "Ya got anythin', Zeriax?" he asks, moving over to assist in any way he can.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 To notice anything of interest

HA! Good thing it was a skill check.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 12/Archmage 5 Portrait

Ansha smirks and nods to Morgrym. "Humor can be deadly," she says. She follows Zeriax and Morgrym to the entrance of the room the giants emerged from, and pokes her head inside to look around for anything of particular interest to her scholarly and/or licentious tastes.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


map update tomorrow but Zeriax you hear lots of loud grinding coming from behind the door


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

"I cannot quite place what it is, but I hear loud grinding from behind the door..."

Variel, nothing particular in the room itself?

The monk approaches the door carefully, to check for traps and what may lie beyond.

Perception at the door: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


A8. The Grinder
The ceiling of this vast chamber rises to a height of sixty feet. An immense machine of some sort occupies the center of the room—a frightening-looking contraption of grinding gears, crushing teeth, twisting belts of leather, and shrieking metal that looks almost organic in places. Yet even this strange machine is overshadowed by the spectacle to the east. Here, the room is sheered off by an immense, floor-to-ceiling curtain of churning crimson-and-black fire and electricity that fills the room with a disconcertingly soft whispering sound.

The curtain of fire is a rift between worlds that connects the Material Plane to the Abyss. Although it appears to be fiery, the portal gives off only a strangely warm exhalation that resembles an almost pleasant tropical breeze. A metallic tang wafts on this breeze, along with the unmistakable stink of rotten flesh. This and the eerie whispers leave little doubt as to the vile nature of the portal. The whispers themselves never quite resolve into intelligible words.

The machine itself is a magical creation built for the
express purpose of grinding raw Nahyndrian crystals and
reducing them to a fine powder. While the crystals are
relatively small and are always fed into the machine one
at a time, their hardness and the power required to grind
the crystals so finely necessitates this unusually large and
noisy device. The eastern end of the machine features a
15-foot-wide “mouth” of teeth that automatically begin
chewing and grinding as soon as any object is placed within
the opening—that this creates a significant hazard when
a small opening for a single crystal would have sufficed is
an indication of the mind-set of demonic design. Once an
object is pulled inside, it passes through the machine and
is pulverized, and is eventually delivered from vents on the 4 west side into a trough for collection.

The 2 ash giants take notice as the door is open and ready to attack as soon as you enter in.

init:
Nasira 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Zeriax 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Zeriax 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Morgrym 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sir Garith 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Ansha 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Giants 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Zeriax and Ansha up


Current Status:
AC: 28 (T21/F26) || HP: 93/102 || Mythic left: 6/11 || WW Legendary Power left: 1/2 || Perfect Strike left 3/7 || Ki left: 6/10 || Effects: Mage Armor (w/ Arcane Endurance and Wild Arcana) + Barkskin + Div Favor
Male Garuda-Blooded Aasimar (Plumekith) || HP: 102/102 (Normal: 102) || Init: +13x2 || Ki Pool: 10 || Mythic: 11 || Perfect Strike: 7
Spoiler:
Stealth +16 || Per: +21 (+22 vs. Traps / +23 vs. Evil Outsiders) || AC 26, T21, FF 24 || Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +18

Zeriax releases a single shot at the closest giant then steps back.

Vital Strike: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Damage if it hits: 2d8 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 1) + 20 + (3) = 31

The d6 is sneak attack damage so probably does not apply.

Crit?: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Additional damage if it crits: 2d8 + 20 + 20 ⇒ (2, 8) + 20 + 20 = 50


Zeriax launches a perfectly placed arrow right between the eyes of the giant causing it to stagger back and roar aloud. Blood gushes from the wound almost blinding the giant.


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 12/Archmage 5 Portrait

Ansha fixes her gaze on the already-injured ash giant, compelling it to stand motionless before her.

Hold Monster, DC 29

Subtle Magic Bluff: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (12) + 30 = 42


will save 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 surge d6 1d6 ⇒ 3

The ash giant barely is able to throw off the effects of the spell that Ansha casts at it. Growling in frustration he moves away from the door to the far side of the room along with its partner. On the far side of the room they are completely obscured by the machine between them and you.

Garith, Nasira, Morgrym and then round 2 with Zeriax and Ansha


Cleric of Sarenrae 12 [ HP 95/95 (0 NL)| AC 27 T 16 FF 24| F11 R9 W15 +2 vs Death Effects| CMD 26| Init +8| Perc +7, Darkvision 60' | 8/8 Channel 6d6 DC 20 | Restorative Touch 7/7| Hierophant MR5| MP 11/13 Surge +1d8 | Effect: ]

I just realized I never got an answer from Garith regarding his condition after the last fight. Nasira would have healed him before we opened this door - but I need to know what resources I would have expended.

"Beware that machine. They would not hesitate to through one of us into its maw if it served their ends. How should we proceed?"

Pausing for suggestions...

Sovereign Court

Angelkin Aasimar - (Status: Normal) SS 12/G 5 | HP:136/136 | AC: 32(33) | CMD: 31 | F:16/R:13/W:13 MP:12/13 (RadMP:2/2) Aura 20ft DC:19 to Teleport

Garith is fine... Didn't really get hit apparently...

Garith casts Ironskin and approaches the Giants
AC is now 41 for ~12 minutes

Can someone move Garith 20 feet toward the Giants?


Female Elf Wizard (Manipulator) 12/Archmage 5 Portrait

Moved him up 20' for you.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 12(Invulnerable Rager)/Champion 5:
Stats:
Int: +7; AC:27/17t/25ff; Hp's 221/221(269/269 raging); DR 6/-; Fort:+15(Rage: +19)/Ref:+7/Will:+9(Rage: +12); Perc:+19; CMB +18/ CMD:37(41 vs. Bull Rush/Trip)

Narrowing his eyes in the direction the giants ran off to, "At this point, lass, I'd have to say 'very carefully'. And I'd recommend avoidin' the teeth side of that thing. But don't ya worry, there about ta be dead." And with that vow of confidence, Morgrym moves in with his typical amazing speed for a dwarf, raging all the way.

Rage! Moved 60'. (Just can barely make it). Attacking the most southern one.

+2 Cold Iron Earth breaker(Raging w/PA): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 33 ⇒ (4, 3) + 33 = 40

AC: 29/20 touch/27 ff; HP's: 212/269; Speed 60'; Rage (5/42); DR 6-; Resist 5: Acid/Cold; Resist 3: Fire; Attacks: Good aligned vs. Evil Outsiders(+1d6); Mythic (2/13) used

Current Svs: Fort +20/Ref +6/Will +12

9,051 to 9,071 of 9,071 << first < prev | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Variel's WotR Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.