To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


4,651 to 4,700 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek looks questioningly at Lom and Storm uh... Guys?

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

"A talking skull, haven't seen that one before. Do you have a name skull?"

Not sure what to make of this talking skull, is there some story line I'm not aware of that we are supposed to consult the skull oracle? Otherwise I'm inclined to just leave it where it is and continue along.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I can't think of any questions for the oracle now. However, it may be a good resource to teleport back to if we need information. We should probably figure out what it will cost us to answer our questions. I doubt the oracles services will be free.


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
6/7 1st, 6/6 2nd, 1/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr steers clear of the skull. "Careful, it's likely a trap of some sort. Orcus isn't going to leave helpful talking skulls lying around his dungeon. Let's keep moving."


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Heh! Yeah probably some kind of contract with hidden fees and caveats too. Orcus, god of evil and lawyers. Heh! Same thing really.”

The dwarf is prepared to move on.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

"Knowledge does come at a price. The more difficult the question, the higher the price."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,
brvheart wrote:

"Knowledge does come at a price. The more difficult the question, the higher the price."

not quite ready to leave yet despite the subject matter experts Storm and Lom wanting to If we need a question answered in the future may we come back to you and ask? Also, what is the currency in which you expect payment? Gold, magic?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

"You can pay in life levels, attribute points, gems, unique items or magic items."


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Yeah, you know what! Screw that! Ye ain’t gettin my gold and gems!”

”Heh, I suppose we could feed it cursed items though? . . . “


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

cursed items have no value, but you could feed it the evil items.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I don't have any questions to ask at this point...Maybe in the future Sorek turns to his companions Anything you want to ask the oracle? or should we keep exploring?

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

"I don't have any questions right now, but I know if we do later, we have those couple of wands that we didn't break that we could offer up as payment should the need arise."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

where to then?


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I'm assuming we were in the room with the pentagram... If so we'll continue and check out the room to the south.(see map)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

That is the way you came into the room. The rest of the rooms are empty.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek leads the group back to the unexplored area (see map)

perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Detect for Magic and Evil, TRAPSPOTTING

after examining the door, Sorek will notify the group if any strong Evil or Magic is detected so we can properly prepare, Otherwise he will open the door and proceed down the hallway/cavern/etc til the next door/obstacle/creature is encountered

and if traps/locks detected (for multiple attempts if necessary)

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The door was locked, but you were able to unlock it. It leads to a corridor to another locked door.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Detect for Magic and Evil, TRAPSPOTTING

after examining the door, Sorek will notify the group if any strong Evil or Magic is detected so we can properly prepare, Otherwise he will open the door and proceed down the hallway/cavern/etc til the next door/obstacle/creature is encountered

and if traps/locks detected (for multiple attempts if necessary)

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You detect nothing beyond the door. The air in this area is clear and smells of incense. The floors are free of dust and it is surprisingly warm. There are silk curtains and plush pillows, various tomes, fine food and music.

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

"This is different..." as you hear the loud rumbling of my stomach "... but we could make some time for a spot of food and drink can't we? This looks like the perfect place to take a short respite."


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
6/7 1st, 6/6 2nd, 1/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr shakes his head. "It's a trap. Orcus doesn't leave pillows and wine for his visitors."

He detects magic and scrutinizes the room for trickery.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Yeah, I don't find this terribly believable in here.

and he tries to disbelieve

will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 but likely doesn't.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You see pillows Lars
What? No one can have nice things?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

what are you doing?


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars will take a closer search.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Detect for Magic and Evil, TRAPSPOTTING

Sorek inspects the room and if it turns up nothing will say
I'd prefer dining and resting in the lap of luxury here AFTER we've cleared out the surrounding rooms. I can easily imagine a while squad of orcus-minions interrupting us as soon as I take my first bite of the sandwich


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The world seems to spin before your eyes. Dazzling lights flash
from all corners, blinding you. With a hiss and a roar, Sorek disappears. Across the room, he reappears in front of a huge
demon, fully nine feet tall, with the head of a vulture, huge bat
wings, talons like razors, and flames licking from his goat legs!
The maidens turn towards you and attack, their forms mutating to that of a half jackal, half man.

Roll initiative!


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

luxurious room with furs lol....no way..ITS A TRAP

init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
6/7 1st, 6/6 2nd, 1/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sorek:
pm me Sorek


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sorek:
pm me Sorek


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

imit jackals: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The demon scores multiple crits and slays Sorek. He lies motionless on the floor.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Uh Oh"


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

”I don’t like demons, but I hate illusionist s$$&ty host demons even worse! Who serves beluga with pinot noir?! Oh! I know, a scabrous bat vulture!”

The dwarf prepares for battle fixes the oncoming jacket b~$+$es with gleaming eyes!

”Come on ladies! Your pimp sends you to your death!”


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

init Marthek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
init Father Stom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order
Lars
Boltor
Jackals
Lom
Marthek
Father Stom
dead Sorek


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

What are we going all?


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars will use fervor to cast divine favor on himself and attack the critter he moved to.

power attack, divine favor
to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 miss most likely


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Yes, that is a miss. Waiting on Baltor.


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Well I certainly hope Sorek’s unceremonious death was an illusion, but my axe for sure isn’t!”

Waraxe with shield: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

”Well s%~!! That was rather lackluster!”


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Strike two

Two jackelsweres attack Balor flanked
battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

One on Lom
battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

One on Lars
battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

One in Father Stom
battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

And one on Marthek

battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Lom
Marthek
Father Stom


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
6/7 1st, 6/6 2nd, 1/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr will back away and will then cast haste on the group.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Back away where? You cannot even back up 5' where you are at, but can try and cast defensively


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
6/7 1st, 6/6 2nd, 1/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 = 21

Lomyldyr will cast defensively.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Marthek attacks the jackels with his great club

greatclub: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 1 = 30 damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
greatclub: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
greatclub: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 1 = 23 damage: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 haste attack

He drops one.

Father Stom

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

Nobody looks all that injured so trying out my new mace on the critter trying to hit me.

melee heavy mace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
melee heavy mace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order
Lars
Boltor
Jackals
Lom
Marthek
Father Stom
dead Sorek


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars will attempt to attack again. With fervor he will activate sacred weapon.

haste, power attack, sacred weapon
to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 good: 1d6 ⇒ 3

haste attack
to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 good: 1d6 ⇒ 4

confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

4,651 to 4,700 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.