To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


4,801 to 4,850 of 4,981 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
7/7 1st, 5/6 2nd, 4/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr casts haste on the group.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The creature disappears.


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Uhhhh is this one real? Wait! Okay, I still see Sorek.”

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

Nothing I can really do here, just delaying for now.


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

Lars will perceive to try and locate the invisible critter.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You are able to determine that there is an invisible creature in the room, but it's stealth is too high to locate even on that roll.


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

"We we better get out. We're not prepped for this. " and he moves for the door.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Run Away

As the group makes at tactical retreat Sorek will shut the door on the way out of the room


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Did you lock it in there?”


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I THINK so...I dunno

Sorek begins to scan for evil....hoping it is beyond the door and not in the room with all of them


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

The dwarf wags around his long spear seeing if he contacts something invisible.

”Damn invisible evil a-holes anyway!”


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You don't detect anything in here.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I don't sense anything in THIS room

Sorek tries to sense if the evil remains behind the door


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You detect nothing beyond the door.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I don't sense it beyond the door either...but maybe if its a powerful spellcaster it could mask its presence from me or it could have teleported away..I don't know. What do you want to do?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

There is still one more door you have not explored.


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

"I think making ourselves scarce is a good idea. Waiting for whatever to show up and kill us unprepared isn't wise. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,
Lars the Crusader wrote:
"I think making ourselves scarce is a good idea. Waiting for whatever to show up and kill us unprepared isn't wise. "

unless we've got a way to teleport out a here I'm sure what to do. anyone got a rope trick scroll


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sorek, you have already figured out these rooms are shielded preventing extra dimensional travel or divination.


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

He did say there's one other door, might as well do that.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Seems like there's no great choice but rather than charging back in to fight an invisible caster, Sorek leads the group to the unexplored door leading south (see map)

perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Detect for Magic and Evil, TRAPSPOTTING

after examining the door, Sorek will notify the group if any strong Evil or Magic is detected so we can properly prepare, Otherwise he will open the door and proceed down the hallway/cavern/etc til the next door/obstacle/creature is encountered

and if traps/locks detected (for multiple attempts if necessary)

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The door leads to a hallway that eventually comes to a room. There is a gold piece on the floor. Sorek detects a trap and disables it.

xp=120 ea


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek leads the group south

perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
perception for first door we come across: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Detect for Magic and Evil, TRAPSPOTTING

after examining the door, Sorek will notify the group if any strong Evil or Magic is detected so we can properly prepare, Otherwise he will open the door and proceed down the hallway/cavern/etc til the next door/obstacle/creature is encountered

and if traps/locks detected (for multiple attempts if necessary)

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The door A opens to a room with 2 doors. You detect magic from Door B. And a trap on Door C which you remove. The room beyond C is filled with water. You detect evil from the room.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Lom there's magic on that door. Can you figure it out? Btw something evil in the next room


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The door B itself is made of stone


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

?


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Shocking. Hopefully this evil is of the visible variety. I need to brush up on my blind fighting techniques.”

The dwarf mutters while keeping his weapon ready to lash out.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 +3 vs Stonework


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

There is a skeleton in the room. He is black with 2 short swords.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek will wait in the current room and let the skeleton come to him if it wants...This is rappan and there's a water room and a magic door. What could possibly go wrong if we just charge in there?

hey Lom...figured out this magic door yet?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You are not charging as it is a pit filled with water. Swim maybe.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

while Lom investigates the door if the skeleton chooses not to come out and play, Sorek will take a shot at him from his current position outside of the skeletons room

Ranged Psychokinetic Discharge +13 (2d6+7/17-20/x2 B,Magic,Good/20 ft max range 10 increments)
ranged attack#1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
damage#2: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
good damage vs evil: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

roll init


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
7/7 1st, 5/6 2nd, 4/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr attempts to identify the magic on the door.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

arcane lock


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

init skeleton: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

init Baltor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Init Order Round One
Lom
skeleton
Sorek
Lars
Father Stom
Baltor


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
7/7 1st, 5/6 2nd, 4/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomyldyr backs up and holds his action - watching to see if this more than a normal skeleton.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The skeleton delays.


HP 52/52 AC 25, T 12, FF 23, CMD 21, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +14

We've seen these before, it's a black skeleton, a nasty critter from this dungeon. It's fairly unpleasant.


Dwarf ftr 7 NG hp 82/82 Init +2; AC 26, touch 12, flat-footed 24, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +5 (+2 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, like abilities, Spd 20 ft. Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1 (+3 stonework), SM +9

”Oh good a skeleton. A giant barbarian with a huge club would come in handy right about now. I guess I will have to bash it with my shield.”

Grand Lodge

Resources:
Channels left 5/9; Spells left: 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 2/2
HP 51/51, AC 22/T 11/F 21, Init +1, Perc +3, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8, CMB +6/17
Active:

"Anyone want Protection from Evil (+2 deflection AC) or Shield of Faith (+3 deflection AC)?"


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Baltor...hold here. We've fought these before and one of them alone is of no danger to us. There has to be something else going on here. Let me just keep firing away at it from the safety of this room.

assuming that Lom has told us about the door being enchanted with Arcane Lock. Last thing I want to do is go in there with this Magic Locking door ready to spring on us. Lom if needed,can you Dispel the door to keep it from locking on us?

Sorek takes another shot at the skeleton

Ranged Psychokinetic Discharge +13 (2d6+7/17-20/x2 B,Magic,Good/20 ft max range 10 increments)
ranged attack#1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage#2: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
good damage vs evil: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The black skeleton swims to Sorek and attacks
short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 plus str damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Init Order Round Two
Lom
Sorek
skeleton
Lars
Father Stom
Baltor


Male Elf Evoker 7; HP 12/49 (-3 str, -2 con) AC 17 (w/ mage armor), Perception+9, Init +13, Fort +3 Ref +5, Will +5, Longbow +5 (1d8x2)
Tracked Resources:
7/7 1st, 5/6 2nd, 4/4 3rd, 3/3 4th Wands: G 46/50 PvE 46/50 EP 47/50

Lomlydyr cautiously watches the door. "I am unable to dispel the arcane lock until after we rest, unfortunately."

He delays his action until something more appears.

4,801 to 4,850 of 4,981 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.