The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


3,501 to 3,550 of 5,161 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"The victims are dead or evacuated. Doing this outside is the only way others COULD be harmed."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban frowns at Teodor. "I find that hard to believe. Let me check something." He carefully moves a bit closer to the door, making sure to keep out of sight of the other side. He clears his throat and yells out in a deeper, more gravely voice, "This is Corporal Higgins of the Sable Company! We have you surrounded! By the order of Queen Ileosa, we order you to drop your weapons and get on your knees! Are there any patients or sick in there with you?"

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Diplomacy to coax the truth out of them?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Well, I did good for a good chunk of them.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Before Korriban goes to the door, Callie says, "Brace yourselves, but I agree with Teodor. Look at the 'art collection' Korriban--look at it. Look at what they DO to people. LOOK. Think about how they've responded to everything we've done so far--no mercy, no reason, just a blind drive to spread misery and death in the name of their mistress. I feel absolutely certain there is no one down here besides the cultists who isn't dead or undead by now..." She sighs, heavily and sadly. "And that includes Ruan. He can't be alive by now. Or if he is, he's good as dead..."

She shakes her head. "We've talked to enough of these murderers to know they all refuse to surrender, let alone repent. If any of these guys escape, they will spread disease and create more 'artwork'. And if we let them, that's on our heads. We don't have the strength to keep taking them on one on one---but if we have a way to take them out in a fell swoop, or smoke them out, then we might save a lot of innocent Korvosans in the long run."

"Still if you think there's any chance there's still innocents down here... if there's a way we can discern that, be my guest..."

She watches him try one more gambit, waiting to see how the guard responds. Stepping back, she pulls out a flask of acid, waiting to toss it if they open the door.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Imbecile ...you're contradicting our bluff--poorly--and it didn't work even when we did it well."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
Callie Cobalt wrote:
Before Korriban goes to the door, Callie says, "Brace yourselves, but I agree with Teodor. Look at the 'art collection' Korriban--look at it. Look at what they DO to people. LOOK. Think about how they've responded to everything we've done so far--no mercy, no reason, just a blind drive to spread misery and death in the name of their mistress. I feel absolutely certain there is no one down here besides the cultists who isn't dead or undead by now..." She sighs, heavily and sadly. "And that includes Ruan. He can't be alive by now. Or if he is, he's good as dead..."

Korriban frowns. "I know. I'm in agreement with you. These cultists need to die. However, what I'm getting at is that the Sable Company and Kroft are expecting them brought alive. If we can bring some of them in, then we get those guys off of our backs. Also, we don't know if there are any survivors. I'd rather not take that risk and have those sins crawling on my back. I want to help people, save them. If I can't do that, that guilt will weigh on me for my life. I will defend and save them. I may not be at my best right now. But, I am willing to give everything I have to end this." The look on his face shows that he's very serious.

Callie Cobalt wrote:
She shakes her head. "We've talked to enough of these murderers to know they all refuse to surrender, let alone repent. If any of these guys escape, they will spread disease and create more 'artwork'. And if we let them, that's on our heads. We don't have the strength to keep taking them on one on one---but if we have a way to take them out in a fell swoop, or smoke them out, then we might save a lot of innocent Korvosans in the long run."

Korriban nods. "I know. I want that, too. But if there are any innocent Korvosans here, I want to get them out."

Callie Cobalt wrote:
"Still if you think there's any chance there's still innocents down here... if there's a way we can discern that, be my guest..."

Korriban nods. "I'll try. But, be ready for a fight if need be."

At the door, Korriban silently pulls out his bag of flash powder to get ready.

Teodor Niculescu wrote:
"Imbecile ...you're contradicting our bluff--poorly--and it didn't work even when we did it well."

Korriban scowls at Teodor, but he doesn't say anything.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"You think bringing them in will lead to justice? You're more naive than I thought. They are WORKING FOR THE QUEEN! Those in power will not allow harm to come to them. It is up to us."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban thinks for a bit. "You're right. This is up to us, all of this. However..." He smirks. "If we do bring the cultists to court and the Queen tries to save them, wouldn't that seem odd when the public hears about that? It would seem to be the perfect opportunity to turn the city against the Queen even more, don't you think?"


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor shakes his head. "Noble, but naive. The people are in no shape to rise just yet. The Queen holds the Grey Maidens and the Hellknights. Open revolt would lead to slaughter. The people will rise, but not yet. First we must deal this blow, unbending and unforgiving."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

The very thought of burning them alive, the possibility of living innocents aside, didn't sit well with Lantressa. She wouldn't, and couldn't, be a part of this plan. She drew herself up and shook her head as she said, "No, I will not be involved in burning them alive, period. If that is what you are going to do then you can do it without me." If ever Lantressa was pissed, now was the time, it is obvious that there is something that really bothers her about the notion, something very personal most likely.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36No matter what you think of me, I do not relish this fate. It is necessary, despite its unjust past use."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
Teodor Niculescu wrote:
Teodor shakes his head. "Noble, but naive. The people are in no shape to rise just yet. The Queen holds the Grey Maidens and the Hellknights. Open revolt would lead to slaughter. The people will rise, but not yet. First we must deal this blow, unbending and unforgiving."

Korriban smirks. "I know. Deal with this problem, then the big guys. But, it can start stirrings."

Lantressa Darksong wrote:
She drew herself up and shook her head as she said, "No, I will not be involved in burning them alive, period. If that is what you are going to do then you can do it without me."

Korriban smiles at Lantressa. "Well, I'm glad to know that you're siding with me on this."

Teodor Niculescu wrote:
No matter what you think of me, I do not relish this fate. It is necessary, despite its unjust past use."

Korriban looks at Teodor. "Well, it's comforting to know that you feel bad about that option as well."


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie frowns at Lantressa. "You were burning people alive not long ago with your scorching ray spells--including one man who was incapacitated by Teodor's hold spell and was already not a threat. How is this different? Does it make a difference if it's one at a time or several? Would you object to using a fireball spell if you were capable of casting it? The results are all the same. I understand the idea of objecting to taking people out this way. I don't understand YOU objecting to it after you personally turned a helpless man to toast upstairs."

She shakes her head and addresses the group. "I don't know what to do. We can't handle this alone. If we leave, though, without some means of... of... of stopping... ending them... we risk their escape and they WILL kill more people, and with the Queen on their side to boot.

"There is not a person in this group who isn't deftly capable of talking someone down or in or out of something--I may have known most of you only just today but that is already clear. If we can't talk them down or get information out of them, certainly a stiff-neck like Kroft isn't going to." She looks at Teo and Korriban. "I don't trust the government as an entity, but there ARE people in the government who are on our side--Kroft is a good woman, even if she has a pole up her backside. So's Teodor's sister--at least I would think so. There are many in the guard in the marines who would want to keep the people of Korvosa--not the Queen--up front first and foremost, but... no, there's not going to be 'justice.' The system isn't built to let that happen. What we do need is proof to get enough of Korvosa on our side... but we've found nothing so far and already killed their leader. I don't know what good we do by just abandoning this and hoping they can't get out if we take the elevator button with us. I might not live with myself if I light the fire. But I definitely won't be able to live with myself if I let them escape and they terrorize more innocent people."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa glared at Callie as she said, "In the case of the man upstairs I didn't realize he wasn't a threat, there was too much going on at one time, if I had I wouldn't have done it. Besides, there is a world of difference between using a fast acting spell that kills quickly versus burning someone alive slowly when they are trapped without a way out. It isn't Justice it is Barbarism." She sighed then, "I don't know what to do either but I do believe that if we burn them alive not only might we be killing innocents down here that we are unaware of but we could be destroying the very evidence that we need or even something that could lead to a cure. If we do that something that would lead to a cure then we would be the cause of far more deaths than these bastards will cause if we leave them be and just try to trap them long enough we can recover and come back."

I killed someone made helpless by a spell? I don't remember that.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Justice is a false concept perpetrated upon the naive and powerless by the powerful. Everything dies. Sometimes things need to DIE sooner. Lantressa, perhaps you killed that man mistakenly. He still had to die. No matter what we've suffered, those like you and I, we must remain resolute."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
Callie Cobalt wrote:
She shakes her head and addresses the group. "I don't know what to do. We can't handle this alone. If we leave, though, without some means of... of... of stopping... ending them... we risk their escape and they WILL kill more people, and with the Queen on their side to boot.

Korriban sighs. "Yeah. Given our options and those that were suggested, this doesn't seem like an easy decision. If my plan doesn't work, then I suggest we try to get the drop on them and start swinging at them."

Callie Cobalt wrote:
"There is not a person in this group who isn't deftly capable of talking someone down or in or out of something--I may have known most of you only just today but that is already clear. If we can't talk them down or get information out of them, certainly a stiff-neck like Kroft isn't going to." She looks at Teo and Korriban. "I don't trust the government as an entity, but there ARE people in the government who are on our side--Kroft is a good woman, even if she has a pole up her backside. So's Teodor's sister--at least I would think so. There are many in the guard in the marines who would want to keep the people of Korvosa--not the Queen--up front first and foremost, but... no, there's not going to be 'justice.' The system isn't built to let that happen. What we do need is proof to get enough of Korvosa on our side... but we've found nothing so far and already killed their leader. I don't know what good we do by just abandoning this and hoping they can't get out if we take the elevator button with us. I might not live with myself if I light the fire. But I definitely won't be able to live with myself if I let them escape and they terrorize more innocent people."

Korriban looks at Callie and says, "Hey. I don't trust the Queen or the government. I just want to get some of these guys so the good people in the government can do their jobs. If we kill them, then consider that justice and vengeance."

Teodor Niculescu wrote:
"Justice is a false concept perpetrated upon the naive and powerless by the powerful. Everything dies. Sometimes things need to DIE sooner. Lantressa, perhaps you killed that man mistakenly. He still had to die. No matter what we've suffered, those like you and I, we must remain resolute."

Korriban nods and says, "I like to think that justice does exist and we can get it. Either that or vengeance."


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie looks at Korriban and Lantressa. "Then propose another plan, if they don't come through. Preferably one that won't get us killed."

She has been maintaining ghost sound throughout, which hopefully helps muffle their conversation.

Lantressa, on killing the helpless physician:

Simply as a reminder:
Teo paralyzed a physician here

You attacked the same physician here

The Norv confirms it was the helpless physician you killed here

Callie reacts to this here.

Lantressa realizes she toasted a helpless person and "feels a bit bad about it" here

It may have been an accident, but from Callie's perspective she watched Lantressa "smile evilly" and burn a helpless man to death, and say nothing afterward about it (unless there was later conversation about it... I didn't re-read on that far, I admit). So from Callie's POV, Lantressa is pretty ruthless, and she's truly perplexed by her sudden compassion here.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa seemed frustrated at the situation, she knew it was unlikely that they could take out whatever remained down here with them and remain unscathed but she didn't want to just leave them to slip away either. "Fine, you want another plan?" the tiefling said in frustration, "Then I'll try and bring them to you, we funnel them in so they can only come at us one or two at a time and we kill them that way. Use the rooms to make the fight easier. We have times, let's find a way to make them come at us in smaller numbers where they can't all see us at once to prevent any magic from being used against us. If you insist on burning them then I'll meet you back at the house, I won't help you do that to anyone." If anything there was fear on her face at the thought of such a fate, terrifying fear that implied maybe she'd been close to such a thing before.

Callie:
Ah, thank you, I had forgotten about that. I remember that now, the links helped. Yeah, I didn't realize at the time I did it that he was held, it wasn't until afterwards when Norv said as much that I knew about it. I can understand why she would only feel a little bit bad about it, magic is fleeting, and as it was in combat there was no guarantee he wouldn't have broken free of it's hold on him and attacked us. The situation is very different than now, where we are not in combat and are faced with a choice of burning people alive, taking the easy way out, and leaving them with no escape.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie sees the fear on Lantressa's face and her own frown softens. "Maybe I misunderstood you earlier. I don't really want to do this, I just don't know how else to be sure." She nods. "If you can draw them in... Teo and Korriban have had good lies, but the cultists are too dead set on what they're doing to be cowed by them. Maybe a different approach will work."

Lantressa:
Cool. Yeah, I figured it was a mistake/oversight/heat of battle thing. Wanna be clear I'm cool with whatever... just trying to have Callie react appropriately and apologies if I go overboard. Callie's just a bit broken at the moment--how callous these bastards are--she's not exactly inured to wandering around desecrated corpses--is getting to her, and she doesn't take feeling helpless well. This is a tough situation.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"What is so difficult to understand?! They aren't going to be lured out. They're awful, not idiots. Going in after them ...Korriban you didn't care too much for almost dying just a bit ago ...you sure you want to go through that again? You don't run into a siege. You burn them out ."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Callie:
NP, you're fine, I needed to work through it too and make sure I understood. Believe me, I'll let you know if it goes too far. Besides, it gives us a good hook for RP later on. Lantressa definitely has a story, it just hasn't come out yet I don't believe.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban cringes at Teodor's comment. His mind flashes back to his near death. It replays again and again in his head. He begins to breathe heavily as it continues. Eventually, he shakes his head and controls his breathing. He looks at Teodor. "I don't. Which is why we need to be smart about... this..." He comes across an idea. "Guys. What if I try to contact Majenko, send him to Kroft, and she tries to get reinforcements to us as soon as possible?"


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"To reinforce the siege or to die needlessly? What guarantee that the Queen won't hear of it and destroy us all?"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban sighs. "Well, it was just an idea. I could ask Majenko to inform Kroft and have her send the backup discreetly. Maybe it'll work."


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie frowns when Korriban seems to start breathing in a panicked-like way, but as he settles down she says nothing for the time being.

She sighs as they keep talking. "Let's see if they react to your bluff first, and then go from there."


Male

Alright! Antibiotics in the system and I...am...back! ...Mostly, at least! Enough to post! Very, very sorry for the delay!

As you all argue about the best approaches, you can hear murmuring voices dimly beyond the door, the sound of the same sorts of calculations going on among your foes. As your own conversation concludes and you turn back toward the door, you hear a reedy, tenor voice rise over the others. "Do it!" As you ready yourself for whatever comes next, the voice breaks into a high-pitched giggle and you can hear it shout: "You want to know whether we've got any prisoners in here?! Oh, we've got some of your precious family and friends, all right. We've got people from allllllll sorts of places around this benighted city. You want them back? You'll smoke us out to get at 'em? Well, you can have them!"

With a sudden groan the doors swing open, pushed by a masked Physician who shoves both doors at once. Beyond him, you can see a much larger room, at least in part. The stinging scent of harsh chemicals rolls out from the chamber toward you in a wave. Three huge metal vats bubble in the room beyond the doors, each more than six feet tall. A sturdy series of catwalks ten feet off the ground stretches over and around the vats, allowing those above to stir whatever slurry produces the foul green-brown mist emanating from each gigantic vessel. Circling the upper portion of the room is an elaborate mosaic of white, black, and green stone that depicts a giant half-skeletal woman in black veils dancing among the fields of the dead, undead, and dying.

Your attention is more immediately arrested, though, by the squadron of shambling corpses that the Physician steps back into, even as they lurch forward. You can hear cackling from inside the room, and see the feet of figures on the catwalks. But first, the zombies begin to stagger across the room toward you!

Well, they believed that you were who you said you were, at least... :P

COMBAT! (maybe, what are you guys going to do?)

The Physician who opened the door darts back, disappearing among the zombies and around the corner. You see him glance back as he goes, though--he definitely saw you.

He knows how many of you there are!

Korriban, Teodor, and Riceak are up!

Initiative
Physicians
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak<------
Cultists, Zombies
Lantressa
Callie
????

Combat Map

GM Screen:

Korriban Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Callie Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Lantressa Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Teodor Init: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Riceak Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
---------
Zombies Init: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Cultists Init: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Physicians Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Rolth Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban turns to the opening door to see zombies staggering out. He blinks and then looks at the others. "Well... they did say that those were only some of the prisoners. Maybe there's more. Shouldn't be that difficult to take these things out." He gently puts down his flash powder on the ground. He then digs into his pockets and pulls out a flask of alchemist's fire. He then winds up and chucks it at the yellow clad zombie.

Alchemist's Fire Attack (range increment penalty): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 19
Damage (fire damage): 1d6 ⇒ 6

Every enemy within 5 feet takes 1 point of fire damage if hit. On the following round, yellow zombie takes 1d6 damage.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Next time, f%*#ing listen to me!"channel vs zombos: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Male

And with a bot for Riceak...

ROUND ONE (cont'd)

The leading zombie staggers and moans as Korriban's flask explodes on the side of its head and douses it in liquid fire; gobbets of the flaming jelly drift onto the two zombies behind it as well, though they fizzle out. Teodor steps forward and raises his holy symbol, light bursting forth and washing over the undead. The front one crumples into a flaming corpse, but the three beyond it keep coming. Riceak steps forward slightly and puts both hands on his swords, ready to meet the first foe (readying an attack against first in range).

The zombies stagger forward, arms outstretched. Riceak hews down the first one as it comes, but the next bites into his shoulder and its companion staggers not far behind it.

From within the room beyond you, you hear a shout: "It's not a force of soldiers at all! There's just a handful of them! PALLID LADY, BLESS YOUR FOOTSOLDIERS!" You can't see much in the room beside the catwalks and some feet on the catwalks, but you see a brief burst of sickly, pale light.

10 damage to Riceak, and then Lantressa and Callie are up!

Initiative
Physicians
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Zombies, Cultists
Lantressa, Callie<-----
????

Combat Map

Vitals:

Zombies: HP: blue 7, green 4 | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing | undead traits

GM Screen:

Yellow Will DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Blue Will DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Red Will DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Green Will DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Riceak Readied: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Green Charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Confirm??: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
SCYTHES POISONED FOR: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie steps forward, aiming to get get closer to the door, but flicks her sword into her hand on her way and stabs at the zombie in blue.

Attack Zombie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

And cleaves the zombie in half.

"If you really think any folk are still alive and well down here, you're a fool who'll get us all killed, Korriban."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa didn't like what happened but did snap out, "Alright, so there aren't any survivors, there still might be something needed to find a cure for this plague down here." Wanting to conserve her magic for use against the "doctors" in the next room Lantressa moved up and took a swipe at the zombie with her claw like nails.

claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 ⇒ 3


Male

ROUND TWO!

Callie bisects the first zombie, and Lantressa's claws shred through the one remaining undead's ribs. In the room ahead, you can hear some murmuring, and then the reedy voice calls, "Don't kill them all! I could use more specimens..." Two Physicians sidle up, hovering just barely in sight around the corners of the doorway, while a ghostly looking hand swoops through the doorway and makes a rude gesture before vanishing.

Korriban, Teodor, and Riceak are up!

First person to approach Red Physician in melee:

As you move through the doorway, the masked man lunges for you with his club!
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

First to approach Yellow Physician in melee:

As you move toward the other room, the masked man swings his club at your head!
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Initiative
Physicians
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak<------
Zombies, Cultists
Lantressa, Callie
????

Combat Map

Vitals:

Zombies: HP: green 1 | AC/T/FF: 12/10/12 | Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +3 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/slashing | undead traits

GM Screen:

Hand HP: 1d4 ⇒ 3


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Teodor smashes the last zombie with his flail.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
Teodor Niculescu wrote:
"Next time, f&&!ing listen to me!"

Korriban shouts out, "Yeah, yeah! I get it!"

Callie Cobalt wrote:
"If you really think any folk are still alive and well down here, you're a fool who'll get us all killed, Korriban."

The rogue says, "Hey, if I wind up dying in this and you survive, feel free to burn my body and kick my ashes all you want!"

Lantressa Darksong wrote:
Lantressa didn't like what happened but did snap out, "Alright, so there aren't any survivors, there still might be something needed to find a cure for this plague down here."

Korriban looks at the others. "She's got a point."

The Norv wrote:
In the room ahead, you can hear some murmuring, and then the reedy voice calls, "Don't kill them all! I could use more specimens..."

Korriban is shocked by that. "I'm sorry... what?! What do you want to do to us?! I'm not a good specimen! I bruise too easily!"

The Norv wrote:
Two Physicians sidle up, hovering just barely in sight around the corners of the doorway, while a ghostly looking hand swoops through the doorway and makes a rude gesture before vanishing.

Korriban's brow raises as the Physicians saddle up to the doorways and the ghost hand flips them off. "Oh, yeah! Well, f**k you too! Why don't you come out here and fight us?" He moves forward and settles into a defensive stance in case the Physicians decided to charge them.

Total Defense. AC is now 22 (26 vs AoOs)/18/14.


Male

Botting Riceak once more (and sending a PM).

ROUND TWO (cont'd)

Riceak follows Korriban as Teodor opens the zombie's skull, and takes a wide stance, both hands on his sword, giving the other man a firm nod. (Also taking total defense.)

From the room beyond you can hear some very creepy chanting..."Dies irae...dies zombae..." and you can see feet moving--deliberately but swiftly--along the catwalk.

With the zombies all down, Lantressa and Callie are up! If you engage the Physicians in melee, please see spoilers in my previous post!

Initiative
Physicians
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Zombies, Cultists
Lantressa, Callie <-------
????

Combat Map


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive
Korriban wrote:
The rogue says, "Hey, if I wind up dying in this and you survive, feel free to burn my body and kick my ashes all you want!"

"I'd rather see you have to live with yourself."

Not keen on answering their taunts any more than the physicians were in answering theirs, Callie isn't inclined to run into melee just yet--after all, the plan had been to draw them in, not the other way around. She does have a plan that requires getting a little closer though. Callie pulls out the plague mask either Korriban or Teodor handed to her earlier, and walks to stand in part of the doorway, but does not go in.


Male

Botting Lantressa...

ROUND THREE!

Callie pulls out the plague mask as Lantressa stalks up behind her, ready to claw any Urgathoans who get too close.

Now that (most of) you are nearly in the doorway, you can see fully into the room, the high ceiling giving you a clear view of the catwalks that span the room over those vats and give access to a door on the northern wall. A gaunt, pale man, clad in dark robes bristling with sick-looking tools, stands atop it, wand clasped in one hand. He looks down at the group approaching the door, and his expression suddenly turns to one of shock. "Wait! YOU! I know you! YOU'RE ONE OF THE B******S WHO DESTROYED MY LAB! And what's more...YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MURDERED MY FATHER! I'LL KILL YOU!" He flings out a hand, pointing at Korriban, and a bolt of bright blue lightning thunders from his finger tips and through the doorway, forcing Callie and Korriban both to dive out of the way. The bolt still catches Callie on the shoulder--though it's not a direct hit, it leaves a smoking patch of both jacket and skin. Korriban manages to avoid the bolt entirely, although only just. Danged evasion. :P The bolt of lightning blasts entirely through the room, scorching the door at the far western end, and the man on the catwalk lets out a high, shrieking laugh.

The two Physicians glance nervously over their shoulders at the cultists...

...and delay their turn. Callie takes 12 points of damage, and Korriban, Riceak, and Teodor are up!

Initiative
Physicians [[delayed to act with cultists]]
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak<-----
Cultists
Lantressa, Callie
Catwalk Man

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Catwalk Man: HP: 94 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Lightning Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3) = 24
Callie Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Korriban Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Does the lightning bolt catch anything on fire? Or damage the glass containing the "art"? I expect no since it was a straight line through, but I'm just wondering. Also, did we open the door back the elevator room or was it shut? I thought we opened it... Sorry if I'm borrowing trouble but I'm just curious... Anyway the below is just a reaction post. Sorry if this is unnecessary.

Callie winces in pain from the powerful spell, but as she hears the man on the catwalk identify Korriban as the man who killed his father she has to wonder... "Is he a Lamm?" Her eyes darken. The pain of the attack tells her they may be about to get in over their heads and a retreat would be wise... but the idea that she might have a second chance of revenge against Gaedren spurs something darker inside her heart, spurred on by the revulsion she feels at the cultists' work.


Male

I've just realized you're correct! The door to the elevator room is open, an enemy in the first room got it open before going down. The lightning bolt doesn't deal enough damage to destroy the door, though (and doesn't make contact with the "art").


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17
The Norv wrote:
Now that (most of) you are nearly in the doorway, you can see fully into the room, the high ceiling giving you a clear view of the catwalks that span the room over those vats and give access to a door on the northern wall. A gaunt, pale man, clad in dark robes bristling with sick-looking tools, stands atop it, wand clasped in one hand. He looks down at the group approaching the door, and his expression suddenly turns to one of shock. "Wait! YOU! I know you! YOU'RE ONE OF THE B******S WHO DESTROYED MY LAB! And what's more...YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MURDERED MY FATHER! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Korriban is confused by the man's accusations. "Wait, what? Your lab? That means you're Rolth. But... you're father? I don't think..."

The Norv wrote:
He flings out a hand, pointing at Korriban, and a bolt of bright blue lightning thunders from his finger tips and through the doorway, forcing Callie and Korriban both to dive out of the way. The bolt still catches Callie on the shoulder--though it's not a direct hit, it leaves a smoking patch of both jacket and skin. Korriban manages to avoid the bolt entirely, although only just. The bolt of lightning blasts entirely through the room, scorching the door at the far western end, and the man on the catwalk lets out a high, shrieking laugh.

Korriban sees the lightning bolt coming at him and yells out. "Whoa!" He hits the deck to avoid the bolt. When it passes, he looks behind him in complete shock.

Callie Cobalt wrote:
Callie winces in pain from the powerful spell, but as she hears the man on the catwalk identify Korriban as the man who killed his father she has to wonder... "Is he a Lamm?" Her eyes darken. The pain of the attack tells her they may be about to get in over their heads and a retreat would be wise... but the idea that she might have a second chance of revenge against Gaedren spurs something darker inside her heart, spurred on by the revulsion she feels at the cultists' work.

Korriban is in complete shock at Callie's questions. "Lamm?! His father?! Wha-" He looks at Rolth and tries to find similarities between him and Gaedren.

His brain racks and tries to process this information... and then a torch lights in his head with an idea. He smirks and chuckles. "Hehehehe.... So, you're Rolth Lamm, son of the failure Gaedren Lamm. Oh this is rich. Just too perfect. I should have known. You look just like Gaedren. Very ugly. Sickly. Pathetic. I see it runs in the family. What happened? Why weren't you with you father as he died?" He chuckles again. "Yes. I was one of the ones who killed your father. I was also one of the ones who raided your lab. Killed your servants. Destroyed your experiments. Freed your test subjects. Took your notes."

He chuckles some more. "I also hurt you some more, Lamm. I was one of the ones who went to Carowyn manor. Killed your zombies. Undid your work. Captured Jolistina. She pines for me now, Lamm. She no longer cares for you. She rushes to my embrace. Not yours. She told us everything about you."

He gives a vicious smile. "I have taken everything from you, Rolth Lamm. Your family. Your lab. Your work. Your girl. You have nothing left. You are truly pathetic, Lamm. Hiding on the catwalks, shooting spells like a coward. You wish to see me die, don't you? Well, stop hiding, Lamm. Draw your blade. Come down here and face me. See what happens when you stick a knife into me. Look into my eyes and see what happens when you turn it."

Channeling 'Commando'!

He settles into a defensive stance, ready for anything.

Total Defense again!

I feel like I need to make some kind of Diplomacy roll. Or a Bluff roll when it comes to Jolinsta. I'm ready for what happens.


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

"Uh....I wasn't with the ones who killed your father. But if you're in league with these disease spreading cultists, then you've probably gone above and beyond what your father ever did. Okay, I take that back: evil is just evil. Period and end of discussion!"

Riceak quickly prepared himself, preparing himself to interrupt any attempt to get by him or rush him by the enemies standing in front of him.

I'm now Readied for any enemy approach. If an enemy tries to get by me, or approaches me, I'll interrupt their movement and attack them. This isn't total defense, but just preparing to tank it. This tactic also keeps enemies from trying to slip by me and get behind and attack me in the back or go after the rest of the party.


Male

ROUND THREE (cont'd)

Rolth snarls down at Korriban, face twisted in rage. "I never cared for the elven trollop. You're welcome to her. But for the murder of my father and the destruction of my lab, I'll pull the very flesh from your bones!"

Before he can make good on his threats, though, the cultists move through the doorway and swing their glowing scythes at the party members in the doorway.

Riceak, Callie is ahead of you...do you mean to be even with her? Brief pause to answer that...

Combat Map

GM Screen:

Attack Green: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8
Attack Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8
Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Bonus: 4d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 1) + 8 = 19


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

I don't think Riceak is going to answer; should we move forward?


Male

I am going to assume Riceak and Callie are standing next to each other in the doorway...

ROUND THREE (cont'd)

Callie and Riceak both grunt in pain as the cultists' scythes cut into their bodies! Callie suffers a glancing but still painful blow, while Riceak is caught in the waist by the weapon of the cultist to the right. He clutches at the bleeding wound, staggering, as beyond the doorway third cultist reaches out a hand to bless one of the Physicias!

Callie takes 8 points of damage and Riceak takes a whopping 33 (confirmed scythe crit, ouch)! Lantressa and Callie are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<-----
Catwalk Man

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Catwalk Man: HP: 94 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

More bonus: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie points at one of the bubbling cauldrons, eying a bubble rising from one of them. She snaps, casting spark upon it, hoping it--and in consequence, the liquid adjacent to it--catches fire.

The spell ignites an unattended Fine object. I know I'm being pretty technical with my interpretation here, and accept it may not fly. If there's something else near the Catwalk guy that she could try she might try that instead, but she figures the liquid looks noxious and is quite possibly flammable.

Casting Defensively, Concentration DC 15, Combat Casting: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Callie then tumbles backward, taunting the cultists to follow. She can only hope Riceak will also fall back.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO DC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

With the cultists suddenly grouped together at the door Lantressa finally had something that she could do to help. With a few deft words and gestures the four cultists cramming into the doorway found themselves suddenly standing on a slippery, greasy, floor.

I cast grease, dres a square on the map around the four in the doorway. DC 16 ref or they are prone.


Male

ROUND FOUR!

Callie, catching sight of a drifting mote of straw, dexterously casts a spell that sets it alight--just as it settles into a vat of the bubbling, viscous liquid! There's a *whoosh* as the liquid catches fire, although it doesn't explode; it does, however, begin to burn merrily, and a nasty, acrid-looking smoke starts to rise from its surface.

For her part, Lantressa chants a few words and creates a square of grease inside the doorway--three of the Urgathoans suddenly stagger and fall, with a clatter!

The man on the catwalk snarls and steps away from the now-flaming vat. "You'll all rue the day you crossed me!" He makes a gesture and mutters some words, and his spectral hand flies toward Korriban. As it plunges into the young man's chest, Korriban gasps and grows pale, and the man--Rolth Lamm, it would seem--laughs.

Three of the cultists fall over, Korriban takes 13 points of negative energy damage, and he, Riceak, and Teodor are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
<-----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Catwalk Man: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Yellow Cult Ref DC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Yellow Phys Ref DC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Melee Touch Korri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 1) = 13


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor casts Doom on Rolth. Dc 14


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak quickly swung his magical sword at his adversary, hoping to bottleneck the enemy.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban feels the life drain from him. He decides to try and cut Rolth off from his cultists and block his view for his spells. He digs into his right belt pouch and pulls out his smokestick he then lobs it over the heads of the cultists to create a smoke screen.

I'm throwing it behind the cultists on the grease, but in front of Rolth so that it's hard for him to see. Hopefully, I can toss it directly behind them and cover his view. If it covers the guys in the back, then that should be fine since we're not focused on them right now. The smokestick fills a 10-foot cube, works like a fog cloud spell except that a moderate or stronger wind dissipates the smoke in 1 round. The stick is consumed after 1 round, and the smoke dissipates naturally after 1 minute.


Male

ROUND FOUR (cont'd)

Teodor chants some words, calling Groetus's wrath down upon Rolth, while Riceak cleaves into the one cultist still standing. Rolth just snarls at Teodor. "It'll take a lot more than your feeble god to scare me, old man!"

Thinking quickly, Korriban lights a smoketick and tosses it over the foes who are struggling to stand up in the grease. There's a cry from the two in the back as the thick, black smoke billows up and engulfs them; behind them, Korriban can see Rolth glaring at you all with hateful eyes just before the smoke rises high enough to obscure the inside of the room and cut him off from your sight.

The nearest prone cultist staggers to his feet and then staggers out of the grease, waving his scythe as he closes with Korriban. You can dimly see the downed cultist behind him stand up as well, but he also slips and nearly--but not quite--falls flat on his rear again. With a shrill cry, the wounded cultist swings his scythe down at Riceak, leaving a brutal slash across the Varisian's stomach. The Physician closes in, moving carefully on the grease...

Riceak takes another 8 points of damage--which I believe only leaves you with 3 hit points! (You took 33 from a crit earlier, I think you've just forgotten to track in your class line.)
Callie and Lantressa are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<-----
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map Remember that creatures in the cloud of smoke have concealment (20% miss chance), while those more than 5' into the cloud have total concealment!

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 18, others 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Rolth vs. Doom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Blue Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Yellow Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8
Yellow Phys Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

3,501 to 3,550 of 5,161 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.