The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


101 to 150 of 5,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

"Yes, absolutely, there is no time to waste!" - Imperia nods, then makes a few strange gestures accompanied by bizarre, obscure words.

Imperia casts Mage Armor as well.

Her gaze sternly pointed in the guard's direction, she informs the others of intentions - "I'll conjure the illusionary sound of a few drunkards on the side of the building. As soon as the guard goes to check the noise, that'll be our time to act and get past him."

She slowly tugs at her cloak in a peculiar fashion, and a moment later a huge scorpion pops out of a secret pocket and climbs his way to Imperia's shoulder, then turns to look at each of her new companions. If a scorpion could look haughty and dismissive, it would probably look something like this...

"Ready?... Here we go..."

So close... I'm coming Celia! Hold on just a little longer... Just a little longer...

Imperia takes her crossbow in hand and loads it. Then, if no one has anything else to add, she casts Ghost Sound on the East side of the building, creating the illusion of four drunk men shouting loudly and scuffling. And after that, we hide and play the waiting game! O.o'


Male

Guards' Perception check on your (I assume) relatively stealthily cast spells: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Welp. Awkward. Good news is...neither of them is trained in Spellcraft, so they don't have any idea what you just did

As Gadriel and Imperia cast their spells, the younger guard glances up. "'Ey, Ted, what're those people doin' up there? They"

The older guard stops digging through his pouch as he squints in your direction and finally notices the six of you. "Oy! Clear on out of here, if you know what's good for you. No loitering." He notices Gadriel and frowns slightly. "Less'n you want us to take the little one off yer hands...."

As Imperia's ghost sound goes off, the guards jump...

Will saving throw: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

and both stare in the direction the noise is coming from. "Quick, go see what's goin' on there--we don't need to attract the Guard thanks to a bunch of drunkards," the older guard snaps. The younger one heads off at a run in the direction of the sounds, and the older one trails him for several feet, staring after him, clearly not paying attention to the six of you.

That was a rollercoaster...Imperia, I realize that I didn't include a compass with the map. On the map in the link, east is the "up" direction (you guys are standing on the south side of the building). Is that still the correct direction, or did you mean somewhere else?

Also, Initiative seems appropriate now:
Imperia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Adoros: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Korriban: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Gadriel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Teodor: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Raina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Guards: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

First up is a surprise round; so for that, you all get to take actions in the order that you post. You each get one standard action. After that, the order will be:

  • Raina
  • Guards
  • Everyone else, in order of posting.

    Guards' Key Stats:
    HP15, AC 17/10/17, Fort+4, Ref+0, Will-1, CMD14


  • Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    So, it's just a standard action? No move actions included?


    Male

    You can take a standard action of any kind, or a move action in place of that (since you can normally replace a standard with a move). You can also take free actions. Full description here, under "Surprise."


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Turning to his allies, Korriban says, "Nice work, my lady. Now be sure to cover me if I get into trouble. I'm going in." Taking careful steps, Korriban sneaks to the door.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    Korriban will go 30' towards the door. Should be indicated on map. If incorrect, let me know.


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Gadriel will also move towards the door, shushing Abu and attempting to stealth behind Korriban.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    As a reminder Korriban, you can only stealth at half speed without taking a -10 penalty. :D


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Oh. Well, let's change it to 15' then. That would place me at Gadriel's left. Or in the square above her. I think. Again, if incorrect, let me know.


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Raina, who has been mysteriously silent and brooding up until this point - possibly as a result of the Harrowing done on them - seems pleased to finally be able to have some real fun from now on...

    With a nod to the others, she begins to sneak her way towards the doorway, surprisingly quietly indeed.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
    Moved my token 15ft.


    Male Human (Varisian) Bard 3 | hp: 21/21 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +1 | Ref +5 | Will +4 | +4 vs bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Sense Motive +7

    Changed position to square above Gadriel. To be more accurate.


    Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
    Spoiler:
    hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

    Surprise Round, Initiative 14

    Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

    Adoros attempts to slowly slip forward with the others though through either his lack of training in stealthy maneuvering or the jangling of his armor, he does a poor job of concealing his presence. As he catchs up, he motions everyone forward to get out of sight around the side of the building before the guards' attention diverts back in that direction.


    Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
    Quick Stats:
    Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3
    The Norv wrote:
    That was a rollercoaster...Imperia, I realize that I didn't include a compass with the map. On the map in the link, east is the "up" direction (you guys are standing on the south side of the building). Is that still the correct direction, or did you mean somewhere else?

    Sorry, I didn't think of that. Well, it's still mostly accurate. Due to range restrictions, the idea was to cast it along the side of the building, then wait for the guard to get past us (whistling innocently all the while ;p), and sneak our way in (or ambush him). I'm putting a line of text in the map to signal where the Ghost Sound was (should've done that to begin with, again sorry!).

    Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Imperia tries to follow her friends as quickly and silently as possible, but unfortunately in her nervousness she stumbles on a loose stone and has to wave her arms around frantically to keep her balance, making herself quite noticeable...

    EDIT - I'm sorry, I'm reading all the posts above and I'm beginning to think because of my vague description of the spell Imperia used, there may have been a misunderstanding. The guards seem to be going north to investigate the sound, but unfortunately Ghost Sound has a very limited range and Imperia wouldn't have been able to cast it to appear so far away... My idea was always to cast it on the side of the building, and get the guard to come NEAR US (while we were hiding or looking inconspicuous or something), and as soon as the guard had his back to us, either sneak past or ambush him. If this is the case, I'm deeply sorry I caused all of this mess. :(


    Male

    Don't worry about it; while things are still a bit wonky, I think I have a solution that will let us follow the rules of the spell (which I should have looked up, too) while also maintaining everyone else's actions. We're retconning very slightly; I've moved the guards on the map to their correct positions. Let's imagine that instead of my initial post on their actions...

    At the older guard's urging, the younger one edges down the rickety-looking wooden walkway that abuts the building. "Hello? Anyone there?" he calls. The older guard follows him at a safe distance, peering suspiciously at the end of the walkway. "Nobody better be f~!%ing with that old tub," he mutters to himself.

    As you all attempt to sneak past the guards' position, you see that the fragile walkway is suspended about ten feet above the waters of the Jeggare river below. You also see a door partway down the walkway (5' your side of the further guard), and at the far end of the walkway you can faintly see a rickety old boat that seems to be moored in place.

    The guards' perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

    Rather astoundingly, the guards seem too preoccupied by the sound of drunkards to notice your party's unstealthy attempts at sneaking past them. "Where the hell is that coming from?" you hear the closer guard mutter...

    I'll only have them roll another Perception check if Teodor rolls lower than a 5 on his stealth (assuming he makes that check). We still have his surprise action left, then we go to Raina for the top of the first proper round.


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    Stealth: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

    Teodor sneaks by with almost cartoonishly stealthy motions.


    Male

    ROUND 1

    Surprise Round recap:

    After the (it has to be said, rather inept) guards left to investigate the sound of drunken arguing from the side of the building, the party managed to sneak past them towards the front of the building. One of the guards is standing near the source of the sound, while the other is standing on the rickety walkway, peering after him. Somehow, the party has avoided detection...

    The guards are currently flat-footed, and not aware of the party (+2 to any attacks made prior to their becoming aware).

    Initiative

    • Raina
    • Guards
    • Rest of party, in order of posting.

    Guards' Stats:
    HP15, AC/T/FF 17/10/17, Fort+4, Ref+0, Will-1, CMD14


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Ducking behind the docks as the guards move on by, Raina knows she has scant seconds to move into place before the proverbial dung hits the ceiling fan (not that she knows what one of those is). Using the moment their back turns, the brawler nods to the rest of the gathered party before dashing up alongside the warehouse. She pauses there, waiting for the tell-tale sign of their approach in order to knock them flat on the ground...

    Move + ready a trip action.
    Readied Attack - Trip (unaware): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21


    Male

    The younger guard keeps striding down the dock, looking puzzled. "It's weird, sounds like I already passed 'em..." he calls back to the older one. "Maybe they're on the lower walk somehow?" He crouches on the walkway and peers down at something on the surface of the water below it.

    "No, it's..." he begins, straightening up. As he does so, he turns to talk to the older one, and spots Adoros and Gadriel. "OY! What are you two doing here?! Get on off!"

    The older guard turns, the walkway creaking under his weight as he draws a sword. "Hey! Didn't we tell you lot to clear out of here?" Scowling, he proceeds down the walk to the end of the dock, moving directly past Korriban and Gadriel, whom he doesn't see crouched against the piling. As he draws up to Imperia, though, Raina's foot lashes out and catches him behind the knee, sending him to the ground.

    "What the--?! Help me, dunderhead!" he yells to the other guard, who starts forward. Assuming he's not taken down by AoOs from Korriban and Gadriel: He clumsily lashes out with his sword at Raina from his position on the ground.

    Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    So, mechanically: Guard 1 double-moves forward, then back towards the group, ending in the same place with his sword drawn; Guard 2 moves up to the group with his sword drawn, provoking AoOs from Gadriel and Korriban, before getting floored by Raina and swiping at her. And we're off to the rest of the group's actions, in the order posted!


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    "Another ending ...this man ended your livelyhood in this neighborhood, hoodwinked hoods ...bring him Groetus' grace." Teodor casts Murderous command on the standing guard.


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Norv, can I draw a weapon before making the AoO? Or will it be just my fist?

    Nevermind. I found it out.

    Seeing the lumox heading towards them, Korriban gives a smirk. He draws his rapier. When the guard passes, the rogue lashes out.

    Attack of Opportunity
    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    Dang it.

    Move Action: Draw Rapier
    Standard Action: Attack with Rapier


    Male

    Korriban, I'm guessing you chose not to take the AoO? Otherwise, you can make a normal attack on your turn...just sayin'!

    As the guard goes down, Korriban's rapier flashes out and scrapes against the chainmail he wears, though it fails to draw blood. Teodor reaches out his hands toward the standing guard, mumbling strange words under his breath...

    Guard's Will Save, DC 13: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

    ...and the man's eyes go strangely blank, as he settles the longsword more firmly into his grasp and stares down at his partner.


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    I thought I did take my AoO.


    Male

    The sequence of events would be: Guard Moves -> You Attack -> You Miss (using the rolls above) -> Guard falls down, etc., his turn ends -> Your turn arrives. So you could make a second attack, on your turn, if you'd like. Which I thought was what you listed as your standard action, but you never posted dice for it.

    Keep 'em coming!


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Very well.

    As the rapier scrapes across the idiot's chainmail, Korriban scowls. At the guard's fall, Korriban smiles. Looking to Raina, he nods at her. He looks to the fallen guard and strikes again.

    Round 1: Actions
    Standard Action: Attack Guard 1 with rapier

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
    Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    The +2 comes from flanking with Alara.

    Dang it. Missed again. Let's see if I can turn this around with my free action. Note: this is not any skills being used. Just simple banter and goading. To compensate my lack-luster rolls. :(

    The blade sinks close into the ground next to the guard's head. Korriban frowns before turing it into a smile. "Look at you. Flat on your back, surrounded. And it looks like ol' Teddy isn't going to help you. Just keep silent and surrender. Or else things are going to get... messy." His smile gets wider and more sadistic looking. Kind of like Teodor's.

    Round 1: Actions cont'd
    Free Action: Talking to the down guard. Maybe to take attention. Again, no skill rolls.

    EDIT: I just read that Prone defenders have a -4 on armor class... not that it helps much.

    EDIT 2: I'm wondering if I get another +2 due to (possibly) flanking with Teodor. If I do, then I match the Guard's AC with a 13 and his -4 prone defender penalty. If this works, then use this updated portion.

    Korriban's blade sinks into the guard. While it doesn't seem to do much damage, it does make an impression to Korriban. He gains a sadistic smile. Kind of like Teodor's. "Look at you. Flat on your back, surrounded. And it looks like ol' Teddy isn't going to help you. Just keep silent and surrender. Or else things are going to get... messy."

    Again. Round 1: Actions cont'd
    Free Action: Talking to the down guard. Maybe to take attention. Again, no skill rolls.


    Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
    Spoiler:
    hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

    Round 1, Initiative 14

    Move Action: Move around to the free spot around the prone guard.
    Standard Action: Try intimidating the guard to give up Lamm to our wrath.

    Adoros steps around his fellow avengers, walking slowly as he lifts his greatsword and brings it down till it hovers inches from the guard's throat, "My friend here is right. You aren't being paid well enough to cast your life away, are you? Drop your weapon, quietly leave, and never look back." The Chelish man lets the unspoken 'or else' linger in the air as he gives the man on the ground a cold stare.

    Intimidate vs Prone Guard: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Wow... as intimidating as a yapping lapdog.


    Male

    Unfortunately, you only get a flat +2 from the defender being flanked, it doesn't stack with multiple flankers. Sorry. :(

    "You really have no idea what Lamm pays, do ya?" he growls incredulously. "Not to mention the fact that scar-face's blade over there is apparently duller than your wits!" He seems wholly disinclined to surrender.


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Seeing the guard so close, Gadriel takes a worried step back. The flashing blades and the chaotic battle seems to overwhelm her a bit as her eyes try to follow and track the chaos around her. Abu, however, seems unphased by everything. He simple stands upon Gadriel's shoulder and glares at the guard...

    Gadriel will take a 5' step back and use a Misfortune Hex on the closest guard.

    Misfortune:
    (Su): The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save (DC 15) negates this hex. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    "Hey, buddy," Raina growls, "I suggest you shut your face before your partner here shuts it for you. He's not lookin' too friendly, y'know?" She nods towards the second fellow, now looming rather angrily over his fallen ally...

    "Oh, and watch the sword." She steps sharply down on the guard's wrist, twisting her boot with a rather satisfying crunch until his sword slips from his grasp with a dull clang. "I don't appreciate stab wounds."

    Disarm (vs. prone): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14
    This will provoke an AoO.


    Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
    Quick Stats:
    Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

    Pushing aside her cloak to reveal the loaded crossbow in her hands, Imperia grips it firmly and points it at the prone man.

    "Surrender now, and we will be merciful. Fight back, and we won't."

    Her finger pressing lightly on the trigger, she eyes the guard carefully, ready to fulfill her promise.

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

    Imperia readies an action to shoot the prone guard if he takes any hostile action (basically if he tries to attack anyone). Just in case, rolls below!

    Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


    Male

    ROUND 2

    Round 1 Recap:

    As the guards move to intercept you, Raina topples one to the ground while Korriban ineffectually flails at the man with his rapier. Teodor creates some strange, baleful influence on the second guard, while Gadriel places a hex on the downed one. Raina disarms him as Adoros and Imperia work to intimidate the fallen guard into surrendering, pointing weapons at him all the while...

    Various Dice Things:

    Guard's Save v. Hex 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
    Perception Checks for inside building: DC 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
    DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    DC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

    From somewhere inside the fishery, you hear a dog start to bark.

    The guard on the ground in front of you rubs his wrist and slowly starts to stand. "All right, all right...let's talk--"

    Charge attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Critical confirmation...? Nope. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    His surrender is cut off in a scream of pain is the other guard rushes him from behind (provoking an attack of opportunity from Korriban) and slashes at his unprotected back. The older guard drops to one knee as the younger one's eyes clear and he stares in horror. "Wha...what have I done?"

    Just at this moment, you hear a bolt slide back from the nearby door, and it opens to reveal the man you saw entering the building with the prostitute earlier. He looks a bit disheveled, and you can faintly see the prostitute clinging to him from behind. "Come back, Yargy....I need another hit..." she mumbles.

    For his part, Yargin Balko looks furious--as does the yapping, mangy hound that he holds leashed at his side. "WHAT THE HELLS IS--" he comes up short as he sees the bloody scene before him. Then he lets out a wordless yell and fumbles an iron wand out of his coat, letting the dog slip from his grasp as he does so. The dog leaps towards Teodor, teeth bared.

    Attack Dice:

    Dog Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    Yargin's Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Yargin Touch Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 points of acid damage.
    Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Crit Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

    The cur's teeth chomp into the mad priest's forearm. (Assuming you don't have your shield out?) Yargin, meanwhile, manages to get the wand fumbled out, pointed at Raina, and blasts off an acrid globule of acid that catches her in the shoulder, burning any exposed flesh and seeping into the chinks of her armor.

    So, to sum up: The guard gets whacked by his buddy, putting him at 8 HP; Yargin and his dog show up, the dog jumps at Teodor for (perhaps) 4 damage, and Yargin blasts Raina with acid from his wand for 4 acid damage. Phew!

    Vital Stats:

    Guards HP15 (older one is at 8), AC/T/FF 17/10/17, Fort+4, Ref+0, Will-1, CMD14
    Yargin HP 11, AC/T/FF 14/12/12, Fort+1, Ref+2, Will+2, CMD 13
    Dog HP 6, AC/T/FF 13/12/12, Fort+4, Ref+3, Will+1, CMD 11 (15 v. trip)
    Prostitute HP 11, AC/T/FF 12/12/10, Fort+1, Ref+4, Will+2, CMD 11


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    As the guard run past to strike his former ally, Korriban takes out his frustration on him, slashing his rapier at him.

    Attack of Opportunity
    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Normal Turn
    Seeing Yargin hitting Raina, Korriban runs to intercept him, moving past Gadirel and Imperia, around Raina's side. He stops near the dog, taking a slash at it. He then yells at Yargin. "Hello, Yargin! Remember me!?"

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
    Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
    If I (unlikely) gain flanking bonus with Teodor, then I hit.

    Round 2: Actions
    Move action: Move 6 squares. Two of which are Gadriel and Imperia's squares. Should invoke no penalties.
    Standard Action: attack dog with rapier
    Free Action: talk to Yargin

    Sorry. I can't move my token on my phone. So I'm in the square that's the lower left diagonal of the dog.


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Hearing the new voice, Gadriel carefully moves over to where she can see both. Abu, still dancing around her shoulders, suddenly looks over towards the guard so willing to stab his cohort in the back and his eyes begin to glow a bright yellow. Gadriel stops, turns towards the guard and tosses a small doll made of rat hair at him. A wave of magic erupts from the small item, causing the guard to shiver in fear.

    Gadriel moves to a better vantage spot before casting Cause Fear on the guard who was NOT planning to surrender.


    Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
    Spoiler:
    hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

    Round 2, Initiative 14

    Move Action: 5-foot step around older guard to be in range of younger guard.
    Standard Action: Attack younger guard.

    Greatsword Attack vs Younger Guard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    While Yargin appears from the door and sics his dog on the others and starts blasting away with a wand, Adoros steps around the wounded guard as his comrade stares at his bloody blade in horror. Adoros glowers at the younger guard as he speaks to the older, "Do you see? You can't even trust your own co-workers to watch your back. This is the caliber of character that you're associating with when working for a man like Lamm." Suddenly, Adoros' greatsword leaps up toward the younger guard's chest but the swing falls short as Adoros hadn't properly set his feet for the strike.


    Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
    Quick Stats:
    Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

    Round 2, Initiative 12

    After the old man's half-competent, although regrettably successful attempt to activate his wand and discharge a glob of acid on her friends, Imperia's temper flares.

    She moves quickly, getting past Raina and Gadriel till she's at Korriban's side, directly facing the old man.

    "Magic is not something you fumble with till you get what you want, you disgusting old fool, especially if it is to cause harm!" - she spits at the old man, raising her crossbow and pointing it squarely at him - "And I'll make sure you won't harm anyone ever again!"

    With a light *twanng*, the crossbow bolt is released and flies through the air...

    Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

    Move action to move 1 square north-west and 4 squares north, standard to attack the old bast... Er, Yargin! ;p


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23"By Groetus' Holy Balls of Blue end, what sort of raid is this upon our townsfolk most deserving?"


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Raina freezes as the dog leaps towards her (well, not her, but close enough), visibly shaking as she eyes it up warily. She's so off-put by the canine that she doesn't even think to duck as nasty acid sears down her side, and she lets out a cry before biting down on her lip to swallow the pain.

    The wrestler looks up at Yargin, a flash of anger crossing her face, but then she looks back down at the dog, visibly pained by its presence. Swallowing heavily, Raina steels herself before aiming a sharp kick at the dog's skull. (She specifically closes her eyes somewhat to avoid looking right at it.)

    Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
    Damage (lethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    "Ugh," she breathes after rebalancing herself. "Dogs..." Her fear/hatred at least allowed her to land a pretty nasty blow, and her next target is most certainly the bastard up there with the magic wand...

    If that kills the dog, then I will move up to engage Yargin.


    Male

    ROUND 3

    Round 2 Recap:

    After the guard's "betrayal" and Yargin and Co.'s appearance, complete with fangs and acid, Korriban engages the guard and the dog, though both manage to dodge his thrusts. Gadriel perches herself out of harm's way to address the healthier guard, while Adoros barely misses his swing at him. Imperia, meanwhile, proves that you don't have to be a spell to be a formidable spellcaster, as a bolt from her crossbow buries itself in Yargin's chest, leaving a bleeding wound. Raina delivers a swift kick that snaps the dog's neck in a single blow before moving up to face off with Yargin.

    Teodor, I'm unclear whom you're bluffing?

    Round 3

    "BLOO!" Yargin bellows as Raina snaps the dog's neck--evidently that was the cur's name. The older man's fury is cut short as Imperia's bolt knocks the wind out of him, and he lets out an effeminate shriek of pain. His eyes widen as he recognizes Raina and Korriban. "You...I know you! You're both...you should both be dead! What are you--gah!--doing here?!" Clearly terrified, Yargin backs away from Raina and dashes around the table, putting it between himself and the oncoming enemies. On his way past, he kicks the door on the north side of the room, screaming, "Get out here, you cur!" This is a full-round withdraw action.

    In response to his kick, the door swings open, and a human child emerges. He looks startled to see what's happening in front of him, and holds a hand out in supplication. "Please, please...what's going on? I'm sure we don't need to fight about this..." Behind the child you can faintly see a larger room containing some sort of trough and several other children carrying pitchforks. A foul reek wafts from the room.

    Outside, the injured guard throws down his sword in disgust, and backs slowly away from his former comrade. "Forget this! Lamm's gold ain't never going to be worth this much pain!" He grimaces as he feels the cut. "What the hell possessed you?!"

    His friend makes no reply; staring at the doll Gadriel threw to the floor, he lets out a sudden shriek and careens down the boardwalk. Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 0 - 9 ⇒ (12) + 0 - 9 = 3 As he runs, babbling, from the tiny rag doll, he slips on the slick boards and plummets into the waters of the Jeggare below.

    The prostitute simply stares around in a haze.

    If anyone moves between the child and Yargin:
    There is a sudden flash of steel, as the child swings a kukri at your lower back. Fortunately, he only got a 12 vs. AC. You take 8 points of damage from the readied attack if it hits; or, if Yargin's already down, you only take 2.

    Sense Motive DC 23:
    Though the child appears to be begging for an end to the violence, there's a hard, flinty look to his eyes that suggests he has darker intentions...

    Perception DC 13. Gadriel has a +6 bonus to this, once she lays eyes on the child:

    This is no human child, but a clean-shaven adult gnome, watching you very carefully...Gadriel, you know the gnome as Hookshanks Gruller, one of Lamm's recent recruits, a merciless taskmaster fond of beating children and threatening to feed them to Yargin's dog.

    Perception DC 24:
    The small child is concealing something behind his back with his other hand, within the folds of his cloak.

    Villains' Dice:

    Hooky's Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Hooky's Disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Hooky's Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Hooky's Attack: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 0 + 2 = 12
    Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8
    Guard's Will Save, DC 16: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
    Guard is frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 1rounds.

    Vital Stats:

    Guards HP 15 (older one is at 8), AC/T/FF 17/10/17, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will-1, CMD 14
    Yargin HP 4, AC/T/FF 14 [+2 if attacked across the table]/12/12, Fort +1, Ref +2 [+1 if attacked across the table], Will +2, CMD 13
    Prostitute HP 11, AC/T/FF 12/12/10, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2, CMD 11
    Boy/Hookshanks HP 9, AC/T/FF 16/13/14, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2 [+2 v. illusions], CMD 11
    Children: HP 5, AC/T/FF 14/14/11, Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +1, CMD 10


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Slightly shocked at what happened to the guard, Gadriel turns towards the commotion comming from the door, forcing herself to not dwell upon it. Looking over the new arrivals she calls out "We know that small one. A gnome, nasty mean. Holding something behind, always threatening to feed us to the dog!" Anger seems to be boiling up within her, her timid fear being replaced with it. She glares at the "small boy" before calling to him. "Abu dislikes you. We dislike you." Abu simply chitters at the "child," his eyes once again glowing yellow.

    Perception:
    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

    Gadriel moves to the doorway to get a better look at what's going on, before using the Misfortune Hex on the "child."

    Misfortune:
    (Su): The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save (DC 15) negates this hex. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Nodding at Gadriel's advice, Korriban yells out, "Thanks for the tip! I got Yargin! One of you guys, get the klutz out of the river. We don't need him swimming off and telling the guard," He then moves past the witch to intercept Yargin. He jumps on the table and attacks.

    Acrobatics (jump) to hop up on table (DC 10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
    Attack (from what I read it should give a +1 bonus): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
    Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
    Wow, I'm really s*cking with my rolls, aren't I? Do the virtual dice hate me or something? :(

    Seeing the prostitute, he gives his lady killer smile, a wink, and says, "Evening, ma'am. Korriban Balros, at your service."

    So, round 3. Korriban will move through Gadriel's square at ten feet, then hop on the table (costs 10 feet to do). He will then fail at his attack to Yargin... even though he has the high ground.


    Male

    The gnome snarls as Gadriel outs him, but then his eyes grow wide as he recognizes her. "You? The b$*!@ we lost? How are you..."

    Yargin screams as he dodges Korriban's rapier. "Gruller! Take care of them--particularly that demon girl!" He shudders. "Where the hell did she get that monkey?"

    The prostitute giggles, clearly still somewhat high, at Korriban's gallantry. "Oooooohhhh a gennleman," she says. She tries to run a hand up his thigh (missing, due to him being on a table and moving). "This is kinda a bum date, to be honest. Maybe later you and I could go...have a good time?"


    Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
    Spoiler:
    hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

    Round 3, Initiative 14

    Move Action: Moving to join Korriban inside the building.
    Standard Action: Moving to flank Korriban beside the table, opposite the lady of ill repute.

    Adoros nods at the wounded, older guard as he drops his weapon and starts to walk off, "A wise decision, friend. Lamm has years of collected trouble about to rain down upon his brow and you'll want no part of it." Right before Korriban bounds into Westpier 13, Adoros glances at the sputtering guard going for a late night swim in the river and shakes his head at the rogue, "Let him swim. By the time that he's pulled himself from the muck and found the energy or stones to go for help, we'll be wrapping this little enterprise up. And we're doing a public service here. I doubt the guards will find much haste in their step to come to the defense of a known criminal scum like Lamm."

    Adoros keeps an eye on the older guard as he quickly races after Korriban's disappearing form. It wouldn't do to let the Varisian have all the glory of the moment. His greatsword leveled at Yargin as he enters, the Chelish man takes up a position to Korriban's left.


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Gadriel glares at the gnome, eyes burning. We are no longer scared. Abu has brought us to others, others you have wronged. Lamm has wronged." With a vicious grin on her face and a howl from Abu, she finishes with "Abu says your eyes should go to him as well."


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    "Aye, aye, I believe the eyes have it ...juicy morsels of visual intake ...strange what they see and don't, don't you agree? Do you see the doom I see, little angry gnome?"

    Gnome's Will Save vs. Doom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    The gnome is now Shaken for a minute ...-2 to all rolls


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    At the woman's flirtations, Korriban just smiles and chuckles. "Right now, I'm more concerned with your safety. I ask that you move outside and seek shelter with my allies. I'll escort you if you need it." Seeing Adoros run and stand on his left, he smirks and says, "Nice of you to join us. Take care of the gnome. It's what you get for showing up late."


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Raina is grim-faced as she steps over the deceased dog corpse, giving it another quick kick just to make sure it wasn't getting up any time soon. She pushes past the prostitute with a roll of her eyes.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 If I need it

    "Keep your pants on, Korriban, please. But the guy's right - keep out of the way." Raina smirks and cracks her knuckles, eyeing up Yargin with an almost cruel hunger in her eyes. "It's like an old family reunion, except I don't imagine you'll much enjoy it, Yargin..."

    Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    Damage (Nonlethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    Damage (Nonlethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Winding back for a massive king hit, Raina slams her fist into Yargin's nose, breaking it in an instant. The lackey of Lamm is practically sent flying across the room at the force of the blow.

    "Don't worry," Raina says with a grin, flicking the blood off her fists as she speaks, "I don't think he'll die from that. Probably."


    Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
    Quick Stats:
    Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

    Imperia's eyebrows raise quite dramatically, then settle down in a very noticeable frown when Korriban addresses the scantly clad woman in such a fashion.

    She mutters a few half-words under her breath, while taking another bolt from a small quiver concealed under her ample cloak, and carefully reloading her crossbow.

    With Yargin taken care of, her attention is drawn to the deceptive gnome posing as a child.

    "Now that they know we are here, we need to get to Lamm quickly, before he escapes!" - she yells to the others, her eyes firmly on her target. 'It's time to use my magics... And that despicable wretched creature will be the first to experience it first-hand!'

    Moving her hands in a bizarre but fluid motion, Imperia utters unspeakable words of eldritch power, and points her finger at the gnome.


    Female Summoned Monster
    Quick Stats:
    Init +2 | AC 14, t 13, ff 12 | 5/5 hp | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2 | Perception +9

    The air inside the room shimmers for a moment, before a curious form begins to materialize out of nowhere.

    *SHRIEK!!*

    The majestic eagle emits a loud shriek as she pops into existence, eager to follow the directions of her mistress.

    Pointing toward the gnome, Imperia speaks in a melodious voice - "জিনোম নষ্ঠ করুন!" - and the eagle promptly swoops down on the tiny figure, talons bared and ready to strike!

    Celestial:
    "Kill the Gnome!"

    Imperia Fortitude vs Fatigue (DC 16): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

    Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Critical Attack Confirmation (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    Attack (Talon): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Attack (Talon): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Damage (Bite): 1d4 ⇒ 4 + 1 if target is evil
    Critical Damage, if applicable (Bite): 1d4 ⇒ 2
    Damage (Talon): 1d4 ⇒ 1 + 1 if target is evil
    Damage (Talon): 1d4 ⇒ 1 + 1 if target is evil

    Imperia uses her Acadamae Graduate feat to cast Summon Monster I as a standard action (by taking a Fortitude Save (Dc 16) to avoid becoming fatigued. She summons a Celestial Eagle, in the square in front of the gnome. The eagle uses her Smite Evil ability, and full-attacks the gnome!

    Hope you like this, it took me a while to set it all up! ^_^


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Korriban smirks at Raina. "Jealous, Rai-Rai? I didn't know you cared. But, all joking, snark, and flirting aside, I'm trying to make sure she's safe. I don't want the death of an innocent woman on my mind. Calistria knows, Mother would never let me live it down. Besides..." After Raina punches Yargin, the rogue leans in and whispers into her ear, being careful that the prostitute can't hear him. "...Believe it or not, I'm a virgin. Saving myself for the special someone, ya know? Because, you know, I also worship Shelyn and all." He gestures to his forearms and the tattoos that emblazon them. "So, don't say that I don't have my own set of morals."

    Seeing Imperia's frown, Korriban turns and gives a gentle smile, reassuring her that he's merely concerned with the shiver-addled woman's safety. The shimmering draws his attention. Seeing the celestial eagle pop out of exsistance and attack the gnome, his jaw drops in awe. He then looks between the eagle and it's summoner. It's obvious at this point that he's never had real experience with seeing arcane magic and what it's capable of. He says to Imperia, "That's amazing! I'm kind of jealous, my lady." 'Boy, today's not turning out so great. I can't hit anything, everyone seems to be showing me up, and now I probably look bad in front of Imperia.'

    This is just RP filler. No "real" impact on the combat.


    Male

    ROUND 4

    Round 3 Recap: Holy Balls, Look at Those Rolls

    Gadriel and Teodor both cast horrifying spells upon the evil gnome, murmuring strange things as they do so. Korriban runs into the fishery and jumps up on the table, brandishing his sword and chatting with the prostitute; Adoros follows hot on his heels. Just as they're set up, though, the tide of battle shifts as Raina bursts in and decks Yargin, while at Imperia's behest a regal, golden eagle materializes out of thin air and swoops down onto the gnome.

    Round 4

    Yargin's head snaps back as Raina's fist connects, and, bleeding profusely from his nose, he collapses to the ground, completely unconscious.

    "What the-" The gnome's expletive is cut off in a wordless scream, as the golden eagle descends on him in a flash of light. He screams as the bird's beak and talon rip into him, leaving his face a bloody mess. He collapses to the ground, crawling backwards, abject, as the eagle swoops away. "Please! Please! Don't let the bird kill me! I'll tell you anything you need!" The bite and one talon hit, putting him at 0 hit points exactly. He is disabled, and 5-foot steps away. At his collapse, one of the orphans you can see standing knee-deep in a tank of some kind cheers, although the other two stare in terror.

    The prostitute's eyes go wide as she witnesses Raina's violence and the eagle's assault. "Wow, you weren't kidding, honey..." she steps carefully away from Raina, backing towards the door, before turning and seeing Teodor and Gadriel's stares. She stops with a shriek. "I'll just...uh...I'll just wait...here..." She nervously presses her back to the wall.

    Suddenly, everyone hears a scream from outside, in the direction of the water.

    Since things may develop quickly, we'll stay in initiative.

    Gadriel, Teodor, and Imperia:
    You all see the older guard, about to walk away, freeze and look out to where the younger one fell into the water. "Gorum's brass balls!" he mutters, his eyes going wide. He hesitates for a split second, then drops his sword and shield, unslings and loads a crossbow, and fires it into the water. "Keep heading for shore!" He yells out in the other guard's direction.

    Villains' Dice:

    Guard's Swim: 1d20 + 2 - 9 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 9 = 13
    Shark's Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    Shark Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
    Seriously though, Crit confirm? They hit each other way better than you!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
    Ok, no confirm.
    Guard's attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Guard's damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

    Vital Stats:

    Guards: HP both 8, AC/T/FF 17/10/17, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will-1, CMD 14
    Yargin: HP 4 (unconscious with 13 nonlethal), AC/T/FF 14/12/12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2, CMD 13
    Prostitute HP 11, AC/T/FF 12/12/10, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2, CMD 11
    Hookshanks: HP 0, AC/T/FF 16/13/14, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2 [+2 v. illusions], CMD 11
    Children: HP 5, AC/T/FF 14/14/11, Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +1, CMD 10
    Shark: HP 11, AC/T/FF 14/12/12, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1, CMD 15


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Hearing the scream from outside, Korriban glares at Adoros. "Now look at what you did. Now you have to fix the problem. You and Teodor, go outside and help our waterlogged friend. Raina, keep an eye on Yargin and the innocent woman. Imperia and Gadriel, you two are with me. We're going to get information from our gnome friend and try to talk to the children and calm them down. Wouldn't be any good to have them being panicked. Imperia, could you please tell your eagle that it's coming with us? We have to have some leverage over the little guy."

    He then turns to the prostitute. He says in a soothing tone, "You don't need to worry, ma'am. We won't hurt you. Your safety is one of the most important things to us."

    Taking 10 on Diplomacy: 10 + 9 = 19.

    He then hops off of the table and walks to the gnome, keeping his rapier in his hand, but holding it in a nonthreatening way to avoid scaring the kids. "All right, my good man. I want you to tell me everything you know about this place. That means the number of orphans, any traps, Lamm's other lackeys, anything of value, everything. Or else, my fine holy feathered friend won't be friendly with you."

    Taking 10 on Intimidate: 10 + 2 = 12.

    He turns to the children. With a gentle, friendly smile, he says, "It's alright, kids. We're here to rescue you from Lamm. No child should go through what you've been through. We should know. Three of us have been under Lamm's thumb. Myself being one of them."

    Taking 10 on Diplomacy: 10 + 9 = 19.

    I'm assuming that since we're not in immediate combat, I can take 10 on skills and use Diplomacy.

    So, Korriban's going to move next to the gnome. If I can't take 10 or use Diplomacy, then all of the dialogue will be free actions.


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    Taking ten outside of combat takes "ten times as long."

    Teodor gestures to Abu. "We only need one informant. Sir Monkey, I believe the gnome owes you tribute."

    101 to 150 of 5,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.