The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


3,551 to 3,600 of 5,161 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Seeing how badly this was starting to go Lantressa decided that it was time to get physical while some of the goons were otherwise occupied. She shifted over to put one of the cultists between her and Riceak and lashed out with both of her clawed hands. The first set of claws lashes out and draws a deep series of lines across the cultist's face, nearly ripping out one of is eyes, while the second finds a place where his armor was damaged and tore through that spot leaving a gash on his side.

claw 1 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 271d4 ⇒ 3
confirm?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 81d4 ⇒ 2
claw 2 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 241d4 ⇒ 4


Male

Going to bot Callie since I know she's out until tomorrow...

ROUND FIVE!

Lantressa closes in on the group of cultists and slices into one of their cheeks with each claw, laying open nasty gashes! Callie calls out, "C'mon, you dogs!" and readies herself to stab any cultists that make it past the cordon Korriban, Lantressa, and Riceak have formed (readied action, as described).

From beyond the door, you can hear Rolth cursing the smoke that prevents him from seeing you. You hear the sudden sound of the catwalk creaking, and then something heavy landing on the floor. The sound of heavy footfalls sounds in the room...followed suddenly by a yelp and Rolth's voice, "Why is the g&!!%#ned floor so f##+ing slick?!" He's shouting from within or just beyond the smoke!

...and Korriban, Riceak, and Teodor are up once more!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
<-----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map. Blue cultist has partial concealment, Rolth has total concealment.

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 18, Green 19, Blue 26 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Rolth Jump, DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rolth Walking, DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male

...paging Korriban, Riceak, and Teodor. Teodor, Korriban, and Riceak to the virtual gaming table, please. :P


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

FWIW I'm back... since no one's gone yet, could I, instead of readying an action, chuck an acid flask into the middle of the group at the door? I'd want to target the connection point between the squares, so that yellow cultist, yellow physician, blue cultist, and Rolth all take splash damage. Yes, I know it's only one point of splash damage, but it's what I'd like to do.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor moves furtively through the nearby door and reappears through a door on the catwalk.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Hearing Rolth slip on the grease, Korriban begins to laugh a bit. He then stabs his rapier at the cultist in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sneak Attack Damage (if I'm flanking with someone): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Male

@Callie: You can, but since your turn is supposed to come before Rolth's he won't be there "yet." Otherwise all good!

@Teodor: why you cheeky little...very nice. Just to be clear, there's only one door that's in range for you at the moment, so I've put you there. Also to be clear, you're not actually ON the catwalk, but below is. The map's hard to read, but the doors are all at ground level besides the one to the north.

ROUND FIVE (cont'd)

Just before Rolth descends, Callie hurls a vial of acid through the doorway, eliciting cries of pain from the assembled Urgathoans. Teodor slips through the nearest doorway and vanishes, reappearing at ground level on the south side of the other room! Korriban lunges forward with his rapier, stabbing the nearest cultist in the side and eliciting a gasp of pain. "I will...not...falter!" the man groans, sweating. Riceak, meanwhile (botting), steps carefully away and quaffs a potion of cure moderate wounds, ducking the swing from the cultist in the doorway as he does so.

Healing: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10 That leaves Riceak at 13 hit points.

That cultist, seeing an opening, steps out of the doorway at last, and chops at Riceak again, this time leaving a vicious wound. The third cultist, finally slipping out of the cloud of smoke, touches the staggering, wounded one on the shoulder. "Let the Pallid Princess steady your arm, brother!" His compatriot's eyes flash, and he swings his scythe at Korriban with renewed vigor as he dodges between Korriban and Lantressa and into the room! Korriban reels under the blow as a Physician surges through the door and slams his club into Lantressa's gut! The other one, looking around at the sound of the door and seeing Teodor approach, rather timidly runs at him with his club, but the priest dodges the blow and twirls his flail menacingly.

Bad times for our heroes...Riceak takes 8 points of damage, leaving him at 5 hit points. Korriban takes 10, which I believe leaves him just at 4. Lantressa takes 6, but she has hit points to spare...she and Callie are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<-----
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 25 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Green 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Yellow Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8
Blue Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (14) - 3 = 11
Riceak AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Green Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10
Yellow Phys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Red Phys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie's face grows grim as things go bad to worse. This is my fault. I shouldn't have been so stubborn. "Fall back! Get behind me."

She steps over to engage the cultist and physician on Riceak and Korriban, to give them more targets to deal with, and begins twirling her sword in a wide arc, a Dazzling Display of swordsmanship intended to keep her foes off guard.

Demoralize all foes who can see her within 30 feet: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

*curses* Oh, come on. I swear I've rolled about 12 1s in the last two weeks. Well, at least it wasn't an attack roll.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Finding herself boxed in on two sides and a club in her gut Lantressa gives the doctor a vicious smile and said, "You like to go clubbing huh? I hope you're prepared for what happens after." She lashed out with both claws at the doctor in an effort to do some serious harm. But it seemed the wind was still knocked out of her as she failed to connenct.

claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d4 ⇒ 1
claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

"Ack! I need healing!"

Wow! I sound like I'm in a Baldur's Gate game!

Riceak moves to a defensive position, raising his shield up.

Going total defense here!


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Riceak, did you grab one of the potions of cure moderate wounds we found earlier? I think everyone at least got one.


Male

ROUND SIX

Callie flourishes her blade, and sees the Physicians closest to her flinch. The cultists hardly blink, though, their rage and fanaticism driving them onward. Lantressa swings at the nearest Physician, but with no success.

In the next room, Rolth turns toward Teodor. "You. You killed my father too! Now you're mine!" He grins evilly, chants a few words, and gestures in Teodor's direction. Suddenly, Teodor feels all of the muscles in his body seize up! Rolth cackles and reaches for a knife.

Physicians are shaken one round, but Teodor is paralyzed! He can attempt to shake it off using a Will save as a full-round action now that it's his turn. Riceak goes into total defense, Teodor can make a saving throw...Korriban is up as well...

Spellcraft DC 18:
Rolth just cast a hold person spell on Teodor...successfully, I'm afraid.

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak (total defense)<------
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 25 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Green 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion | both shaken until Round Seven
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Teo Will DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29"One does not steal me from Lord Groetus so easily."


Male

Botting Korriban.

ROUND SIX (cont'd)

Riceak takes up a defensive stance, while Teodor manages to shake off the paralysis that Rolth cast on him. The wizard blanches at seeing his spell broken so easily, then scowls. In the next room, Korriban, bleeding badly, staggers around Callie to get some momentary cover and quaffs a potion.

That is...I think. I believe Callie's right that everyone took a CMW potion, but I'm not finding it on Korriban's sheet. Korriban, if I missed something and you don't have a potion, please retcon. Thanks!

Healing: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7 leaving Korriban at 11 hit points...

The cultists, sensing your flagging energy, press their attack. One slashes Lantressa's shoulder with his scythe, while the other whirls his at Riceak but sees the blow deflected away. The last one makes a desperate shove past the Physician in order to enter the room, but leaves himself vulnerable to Callie's blade and Lantressa's claws...

I'm assuming you both want to take the AoOs.
Callie AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Lantressa AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

He howls, but doesn't fall, as the two women inflict grievous wounds. The Physician swings his club at Lantressa in retribution, but she's saved by her magical armor...

In the next room, the Physician swings his club nervously at Teodor, who sidesteps it. The Physician waves frantically to Rolth, looking for help...

8 points of damage to Lantressa from a scythe, and she and Callie are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<-----
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 18 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion | both shaken until Round Seven
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Green Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8
Yellow Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 + 1 = 7
Blue Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
Phys Yellow: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Phys Red: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Realizing Lantressa is pinned in by several foes, Callie somersaults to flank the most wounded cultist (green) and swings at it, fueling magical energy into her blade.

Swift action to activate arcane strike
Acrobatics to avoid AOO, DC 18/15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

So the physician gets an AOO, but the cultists do not

Attack, flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

I don't know what I've done to offend the die roller, but I've been rolling like this in all my games for the last two weeks almost


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

I quickly looked back at my posts and I don't think I've used a Potion of CMW since the fight with the hag. I think what happened was that I didn't mark it down or I assumed that Lantressa would take mine after using hers to bring me back. Sorry about that. And I'm also sorry for not posting. Thank you Norv for the bot.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Lantressa was starting to hurt and was getting into a very bad position. She was now surrounded on three sides by the doctors around her and knew this could end very badly very quickly. Fortunately Callie had moved to put a goon between the two of them and she turned her claws at that one. Both clawed hands swiped in viciously though whether she would successfully hit was another matter entirely.

claw 1 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 141d4 ⇒ 1
claw 2 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 1


Male

ROUND SEVEN!

Ducking and weaving, Callie slides out to flank the cultist that surrounds Lantressa. The Physician swings at her as she passes, though, and spoils her aim even though he doesn't connect. Lantressa seizes the opportunity to rake the cultist with her claws, but they scrabble harmlessly at the man's breastplate...

In the other room, Rolth scowls. "Whoever Groetus is, he's not enough to save you from me. Especially if I cut you off from your two-bit 'god!' Come and get me, old man!" He strides back toward the stairs to the catwalk, and gestures over his shoulder--as he speaks a word, the spectral hand hovering near his shoulder glows and zips toward Teodor. As the hand slaps Teodor upside the head, the man staggers as he feels his mind begin to cloud.

Teodor takes a 3-point penalty to his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, and he, Korriban, and Riceak are up for the heroes!
Note that this penalty can affect your spellcasting...

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak<-----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 18 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion | both shaken until Round Seven
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Physician AoO: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
Rolth Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7 Well, that stinks!

Riceak quickly downs a healing potion. However, it's not effective.

"Blah! I must have a bad one. It doesn't have the taste of peppermint and citrus that usual healing potions have! It's quite sour and tastes like bad licorice!"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban grimaces as he stabs at the cultist in front of him, using Lantressa's position to aid him.

Attack (flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sneak Attack Damage due to flanking: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Crit Confirm (flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15
Extra Damage if confirmed: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor's face squishes and looks briefly upset. "Huh. Kinda like ether...ever do ether?" Teodor cackles madly and slices at Rolth with his sickle. Rolth easily evades the strike but doesn't notice Rat the Snake slithering by, delivering a touch attack!

sickle on rolth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14Rat touch attack Touch of Idiocy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13sickle damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4touch of Idiocy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male

@Teo: Rolth is on the far side of the room--only way to attack him is to run past the Physician, incurring AoO. I'm assuming that you want to do that. Also, although Rat can deliver spells you still need to cast them, so I don't believe you can attack and cast in the same round. If you want to retcon to only do Rat's attack, you can; otherwise, you don't use the spell.

ROUND SEVEN (cont'd)

Riceak attempts to quaff another potion, but the cultist next to him, seeing it, lets out a bellow and swings his scythe, catching the Varisian full in the side and sending him toppling to the ground! Korriban, growing desperate, stabs the cultist between him and Lantressa in the thigh. In the other room, Teodor rushes at Rolth (taking a blow from the now more-determined Physician as he goes past) and the wizard flinches--then laughs as Teodor's sickle rebounds off of a shimmering blue shield of force that suddenly appears to block the blow!

As Riceak falls, the cultists turn with renewed energy toward the rest of you. Korriban ducks and weaves desperately, managing to avoid two scythe blows that score and splinter the glass beneath your feet. Lantressa, backed into a corner, has nowhere to go: a scythe cuts deep into her shoulder, and the Physician rains blows upon her with his club. In the next room, the emboldened Physician attacks Teodor from behind; Teo's armor absorbs the blow, but it's still bruising. Things look bad...

The AoO Riceak provokes when he retrieves the potion deals 9 points of damage, which I believe puts him at -4 and dying (let me know if my math is off; he takes the damage before he drinks the potion). Teodor takes 5 points of damage as he rushes past the Physician to attack Rolth, and while Korriban manages to dodge two blows that could lay him out flat, Lantressa takes a combined 15 points of damage from cultist and Physician. She and Callie are up...

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<-------
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 10 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16

GM Screen:

Yellow Cult AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 + 1 = 9
Red Phys AoO: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
Red Phys AoO Confirm: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red Phys Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (1, 1) = 8
Yellow C: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 1 = 11
Blue C: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 + 1 = 12
Green C: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 + 1 = 10
Yellow Phys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Riceak!" Callie calls out. Then she issues under a breath a string of the most colorful language she learned while working as a cutpurse.

Meanwhile, Lantressa's still hemmed in, so Callie again tries to focus and deal with the cultist in green.

Attack, Flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

If possible, yes, Rat attacks while Teodor rants.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

I thought Rat had a held charge from earlier. I guess I misremembered.


Male

Just realized Lantressa's at GenCon, so going to bot her to keep us moving! @Teo: sounds good. Moved you back, but you're still gonna take the damage from you casting the spell for Rat to deliver.
Remind me where your current HP is at?

ROUND EIGHT

Callie swings again at the cultist before her, but just can't seem to connect--and unless she manages to, he seems like he's going to be hell-bent on bringing down Lantressa! The tiefling, for her part, snarls. "You're not going to have your way with me so easily!" she spits. A look of fresh determination comes over her face and she lunges once again at the man she's flanking with Korriban.

Claw (flanking) 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw (flanking) 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

She misses once, but her second blow connects and he staggers back. He (blue) isn't looking well at all...

In the next room, Rolth staggers and snarls as Teodor's viper delivers a spell that saps him of his mind. "Tit for tat, eh? Well sadly you're gonna need more than that to finish me off!" He tries to dart away from Rat, but the viper snaps forward and cuts him off from the stairs (I'm assuming he wants to take the AoO). The wizard's force shield protects him, but he glares at the critter with hatred. "I'll teach you both, then!" Moving fast, he says another word and blasts bolts of fire at both Rat and Teodor! Rat flies into the air, but (somewhat miraculously) survives, while Teodor is scorched by the bolt!

12 points of damage to Rat, and 11 points of damage to Teodor. He, Korriban, and Riceak (for the saving throw) are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak<----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 17, Green 12, Blue 7 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16 | 4 INT penalty

GM Screen:

Rolth Acrobatics DC 8: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rat AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Concentration DC 19: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 4 = 27
Attack Rat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 1) = 12
Attack Teo: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 1) = 11


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Believe he's at 14 now? [b]"Rat!"[tb] Teodor calls. The snake retreats into his cloak as Teodor walks back through the door to where his companions are.


Male

You'll provoke an attack of opportunity moving away from the Physician, Teo. Just a heads-up! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban is in shock as Riceak goes down. He grimaces. He needs to take this guy out. He lashes out at the blue wearing cultist.

Attack (flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack Damage due to flanking: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

The cultist falls before him!


Male

Good job, Korriban! RICEAK: SEE DISCUSSION!


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

He'll take it. "Maybe next time listen to me!"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

He shouldn't provoke an aoo if all he is doing is withdrawing, unless he's going through a given foes threatened area more than once.


Male

He has to use a standard action to do his door-popping thingy (which is what I'm assuming he's doing, since the main door is blocked off).


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Yeah that works for me!

Riceak strikes the nearest enemy.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

I'm assuming that's an enemy next to me right?


Male

@Riceak: it is indeed. Let's see how this plays out...

ROUND EIGHT (cont'd)

Teodor retreats, magically stepping through the doorway once more to reemerge in the chamber walled by still-moving undead. Korriban stabs one cultist, finally managing to find the gap beneath his breastplate, and the man staggers and falls, gasping. Riceak takes a mighty swing at the remaining cultist and he reels back, but then presses his attack! The scythe bites into Riceak's arm but he manages to shake it off.

The other cultist, still ignoring Callie, swings at Lantressa once more, but his passion lends him strength, not accuracy. Her magical armor shields her, and the Physician, distracted by the cultist bleeding out at his feet, hurries to engage Korriban. The rogue ducks under his blow and comes back up, rapier at the ready.

In the other room, you can hear Rolth yell in frustration, "How does he do that?!" The physician from that room, seeing that the door is finally clear, advances carefully over the grease...

Riceak takes 6 points of damage after his DR, leaving him at 6 hit points. Callie and Lantressa are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<------
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 8, Green 12| AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16 | 4 INT penalty

GM Screen:

Yellow C Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8
Green C Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 + 1 = 7
Yellow P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Red P Acro DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie lunges again at the cultist in green.

Attack, flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

A hit! Of course, if I'd remembered to declare Arcane Strike before rolling there'd be +2 more damage... *sigh* Still, I'll take it!


Male

Botting Lantressa again.

ROUND NINE!

Lantressa, seeing an opening at last, swings at the cultist next to her...

Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The cultist staggers and clutches at his bleeding side. He's still standing, but only just...

In the next room, a cursing Rolth can be heard approaching the doorway. There's a yelp as he slips on the grease, but then he moves unsteadily into view, cloaked in the cloud of smoke still hanging in the air. "Gotcha!"

Teodor, Korriban, and Riceak are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
<-----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Cultists: HP: Yellow 8, Green 1 | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7 Ref +1 Will +6 | CMD: 15
Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16 | 4 INT penalty

GM Screen:

Rolth Acro DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Take 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

[ooc]Crap, sorry bout that. Thought I had finally gotten caught up on all of my games.[/occ]


Male

No worries! ^.^


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban decides to help out Riceak. He turns and stabs at the yellow clad cultist.

Attack (flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Flanking: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Once again, the cultist falls before him!

And another one bites the dust...


Male

ROUND NINE (cont'd)

Korriban whirls and stabs, again, and another cultist crumples to the ground. Could it be the tide is turning?!

Teodor? Riceak?


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak swings his sword again.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26

Sword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Fall back!"


Male

Riceak, since you're not adjacent to any foes I'm doing a slight bot to move you.

ROUND NINE (cont'd)

Riceak circles the fray, then lunges in and fells the last of the cultists, just as he tries to heal himself! Teodor calls for a retreat, but the two sides are both much depleted now.

The two Physicians that remain seem slightly hesitant, but they move when they hear Rolth cursing behind them. "On, you dogs! Get out there!!" One swings desperately at Riceak and connects with the side of the Varisian's head, leaving him staggering and his ears ringing. The other leaps into the room and swings his club at Korriban, but Korri ducks under it.

After DR, Riceak takes 5 damage, leaving him at 1 hit point! Callie and Lantressa are up!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie<------
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16 | 4 INT penalty

GM Screen:

Yellow attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Red attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +8 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Seeing it will still be hard for the others to disengage with the yellow physician there, Callie somersaults behind him to flank him, her sword glowing with arcane power.

Acrobatics to Avoid AOO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Swift action to activate Arcane Strike

Attack, flanking: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15

Could... could I switch those two rolls? No? Dang.

"Start moving, I'll be right behind you." Callie says to the party.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Not wanting to waste an opportunity to strike Lantressa took a pair of rapid swipes at the doctor between her and Korriban with her claws.
claw 1 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 111d4 ⇒ 4
claw 2 w/ flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 81d4 ⇒ 4
But even with the distraction the rogue provided she couldn't connect. Knowing that she needed some space now Lantressa took a quick step to one side while the doctor was distracted.


Male

ROUND TEN!

Callie somersaults around around the physician to flank him, but unfortunately still misses him with her thrust. Lantressa swipes at him but her claws are deflected by the heavy leather coat, and she starts to edge her way toward the exit.

"No," you hear Rolth say from the cloud of smoke in the doorway, sounding strangely calm. "No, you'll not escape me." He chants a strange, chilling word, and sends a bolt of black energy flying at Korriban. Fortunately, in the melee, the bolt goes wide and splashes against one of the walls. The undead beneath the spot where it dissipated writhe, suddenly energized, and Rolth's "calm" snaps. "YOU GODS-BLINDED, SELF-RIGHTEOUS MURDERING INGRATES! I'LL RIP YOU OPEN AND STUFF YOU FULL OF HOT COALS!"

Bad miss for Rolth, lucky thing for Korriban. He, Teo, and Riceak are up! Riceak, remember you're at 1 hit point!

Initiative
Korriban, Teodor, Riceak
<-----
Cultists, Physicians
Lantressa, Callie
Rolth Lamm

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Yellow 22, Red 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +1; +2 vs. nauseating scents | CMD: 18 | evasion |
Rolth: HP: 91 temp: 13 | AC/T/FF: 21/13/19 | Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +7 | CMD: 16 | 4 INT penalty

GM Screen:

Rolth Touch: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

"Oh snap! This isn't good!"

"Help!"

Riceak quickly moved away from his attacker, never taking his eye off of the enemy!


Male

Threadbump for Teodor and Korriban!


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Move it! Fall back, everyone." Teodor runs back to the elevator.

3,551 to 3,600 of 5,161 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.