The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


201 to 250 of 5,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Raina tries in vain to shout after the terrified kids, but she sighs resignedly with slouched shoulders as their fear overcomes them. "I just hope they have somewhere to go," she says to nobody in particular, looking rather rueful as she does so. "If only we could direct them to Lancet Street, or maybe an orphanage, or that church..."

The young woman shakes her head, turning back to pay attention to the rest of the group. A bemused smirk flickers across her face upon hearing Korriban's apologies. "I guess all it takes is a pretty lady to yank your chain and get you in to line, huh," she mutters to him as she passes with a laugh.

After assuring herself that Teodor would indeed help to patch up what would otherwise be an incredibly nasty bruise (and maybe some broken bones) on Adoros, Raina trots on over to the hole leading down through the floor and has a peek through it.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Seems nice and quiet to her. Possibly also dark. Hmm.


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Adoros wipes his sword on Giggles' pants leg before replacing it on its sheath across his back. He clutches his wounded arm carefully as he shakes his head at Korriban's peace offering of acid, "Keep the stuff. You'll put it to better use than I. Korriban, we have different views of the world and might disagree on tactics on top of a great many other topics but I'm sure we can figure a way to set our personalities aside to accomplish the mission. We all have our own personal shortcomings. If I fail to take in account the little pieces of the board over capturing the enemy's king, you are welcome to remind me that sometimes not all sacrifices serve the greater good. I only ask you attempt to do so with some civility. We are gentlemen and there are ladies present."

Adoros accidently bumps his wounded arm against the door frame as he turns to Teodor. A painful hiss escapes his lips as he clutches the arm, "Yes, I think it is dislocated or prehaps even fractured. Any medical training you have would be appreciated."


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

"Oh, please," Raina rolls her eyes as she pulls back from peeking down through the hole in the floor. "Gentlemen? The ladies around? Aroden's arse, give me a break!"

"I presume you're excluding me in that statement as it is, which is simultaneously reassuring and incredibly insulting." She strides back up to the group, jerking her head towards the other 'ladies' present. "As for these two? Imperia's a nice girl and all, but she did just shoot an unarmed, injured guy right in the face with her crossbow, just after snapping her fingers and siccing an eagle on him. And I have no idea what Gadriel and her pet do." Raina gives the young girl and her monkey a side-long glance. "... and y'know, I kind of don't want to know."

"My point is? Don't try and pretend you're somehow better than us because you've got something dangling between your legs. And this goes for you, too, Korriban. Don't pussy-foot around and treat us like we're breakable. We're not. I for one could kick your arse three ways to Toilday. There ain't nothing special about being a... 'lady', or a 'gentleman'."


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel walks along the catwalk's railing, efortlessly balancing on the narrow surface. A smile, slightly viscious, seems glued to her face. Oddly, Abu seems to have disappeared, and the girl looks quite odd without her continual companion. "We feel... better. Like memories are gone but not forgotten. We would still like to find Lamm. We still think his eyes should go to Abu." Almost as if on queue, the small monkey scampers back up Gadriel to her shoulder. A hind of red visible in the fur on his chin.

Taking 10 on Acrobatics - 10 + 13 = 23


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Oh, no no no. Training? Who needs such when Groetus' gift is always here? Hear that? Herw here! Here. " Teodor glides over to Adoros and feels the arm. With a squeeze he enflames the pain. "Oh me oh my. Very painful, no? But such is life. We are born, there is pain, and we end. But you do not end today, useful haughty naughty fellow."

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Strange blackness creeps from Teodor's hands as he caresses Adoros. The bruise heals somewhat and Teodor looks better, but he does it again. Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Care for more, ye gentle killer? Hee hee ...Korriban would like to pussyfoot a bit more, I suspect. Boy's not too familiar with the non-foot part ...heeheehee ...Abu! Time for a treat!" He Pops out one of Giggles' eyes. "Catch!"


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Abu catches the grizzly morsel in his paws, then easily climbs down Gadriel's side to place it into a small pouch. "Abu is not hungry at the moment, but Abu thanks Teodor for Abu's dinner."


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor bows regally to Abu.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

In order of posting...

At Teodor's happy taking of the peace offering, Korriban only chuckles. 'This guy is so f*cking weird.' I'm assuming that Teodor takes the offered flask. Right?

As Raina passes, the rogue merely chuckles. "More like the right woman, Rai-Rai. Because, as the saying goes, 'behind every great man is a greater woman'."

Korriban nods at Adoros and puts the flask back into his belt pouch. "I will remind you of your humanity, then. The question is... who is the greater woman who stands behind me?"

Korriban looks at Raina with an incredulous look. "I didn't say anything! I don't think you're 'breakable' or anything of the like. Come on, Raina. Don't treat me like the a~&#!%+s that the Rosa gets from time to time. Oh, and by the way, I know you can kick my ass three ways to Toilday. But, that's one of the reasons I like you. Hells, I'm thinking about asking you for tips on how to make my fists into lethal weapons." He gains a playful smirk. "But, you know? One has to wonder why you immediately turn your words on me. Do you really want to teach me something? Or is there something... more?" He laughs at this. "Just joking. Just joking."

Korriban just stares at the little girl walking on the railing. A gentle smile takes over. 'Shame that she had to do this. Wish she could have had a better childhood. "Glad you're feeling better, Gadriel. To be honest, I'm feeling better as well. As if a large pressure is lifting from my shoulders. Maybe things will get even better when Lamm's gone. And don't worry. Abu will get his eyes and I'll get my killing blow and my gator hide." He tentatively pets Abu on the head.

At Teodor's quip, Korriban just looks around at his friends, an offended look on his face. "What is this?! Insult Korriban day?!"

He then looks at the group, a rare, serious look on his face. "So let's recap: the orphans are heading towards the Church of Erastil, the two guards are fleeing safely, and all of Lamms cohorts are dead or dying. All that's left is Lamm himself. But, something has come up. Hookshanks mentioned a guest down below with Lamm. From his last words, he mentioned a tiefling. So there's an unknown tiefling in our path. This is a new spice added to this foul smelling soup. I don't suppose any of you know any tieflings, do you?" Looking to the unconcisous gnome, he asks, "Do you guys think we should help him and turn him to the guard? Or just leave him oozing blood and his bowels on the floor?"

Wow. Long post. Norv, I still need the results of my searching, Diplomacy, and Appraise checks. Also, I posted in the OOC thread. Think you guys should see it.


Male

Hey-o! Sorry, just got home and been typing things up. See below. The map will be updated shortly.

As the rest of the group debates chivalry, Korriban disappears, then returns and sits to one side, studying Yargin's old amulet intensely.

Korriban:

Giggles was a man of few possessions (or at least, he didn't carry them). He has nothing but his studded leather armor, light shield, and flail.

The prostitute looks up at you from where she's perched on the edge of a bed as you enter the now-quiet room. She looks a little strung-out--her eyes are sunken--but she smiles. "I'm all good, thanks," she says. "Though it's nice of a big boy like you to worry. Most o' your type are more like Brainless out there." She smiles drily in the direction of Yargin's corpse--which is beginning to attract flies--then turns back to you, her eyes serious. "Don't think I caught your name. I'm Pia. And by the way, I heard what you and Good-Looking-But-Stuck-Up were arguing about earlier. You shouldn't worry so much. Yargin was in this for the coin, but he were as bad as they come. Threw acid at me once when I pulled on 'im wrong. Lucky for me he missed. And those other two were just as bad; they liked beating those kiddies, they did."

Her eyes go dark for a moment, but then she shakes them clear and stands, stretching with a voluptuous, languorous movement that your eyes recognize as trained habit. "Y'know, I been comin' here three months, and I ain't never seen Gaedren Lamm," she says with a bit of a twinkle in her eye. "I may just follow along behind you, see what the big man is like...at a safe distance, of course."

The first cabinet is locked, but the key you found on Yargin's body opens the door. There are six small pouches inside; four contain piles of copper pinch (the Korvosan coinage) while the other two contain silver shields (again). Apparently this was petty cash storage for the chum "business..." all told, it totals 12 gold pieces.

The cabinet in the office turns out to be stuffed with scrolls covered in dense, messy handwriting. A quick glance shows that they all seem to be cramped notes on transactions made--how much chum sold to local vendors, at what price, etc.

After studying the amulet for a couple of minutes, you're fairly certain you could get about 100 gold sails for it.

Raina:

You don't hear anything, but poking your head into the hole you find yourself staring at the underside of the building, and below you, resting on the waterline, is a second pier, running directly under the first. There's a small skiff tied up roughly under the hole you're looking through, and where the building meets the water to the west, you see that there's another chamber. Some light is spilling around the frame of the door at the end of the dock...


Male

Map's updated; the right-hand side is the lower level. The brown blob thing is a small boat (I don't know why the cartographer drew it way up there... In any case, it's directly below the lower half of the hole Raina's looking into.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Pia

Korriban smiles as he sheathes his rapier. "Like I said earlier, I'm Korriban Balros. My mother is Lialda Balros, mistress of the Rosa in Fiore. A pleasure to meet you, Pia." He gives a small grateful smile. "Thanks for the reassurance regarding the... altercation that Adoros and I had." He then address the issue of Pia following. "I apologize, Pia. But, I ask that you find somewhere safe. Lamm has wronged and hurt all of us. We're going to kill a hardened criminal. We don't know what will happen. We also have recently learned of another person with Lamm; a tiefling. I ask that you head for the Rosa in Fiore. Tell them that Korriban sent you and ask for Lialda. She'll take care of you. Food, shelter, a warm bed. Just until I return to the Rosa."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

@Group

Korriban has a thought before saying, "Guys, I did some searching around and found about 12 gold sails in copper pinch and silver shields in several pouches. You guys want any of it? You know, share equally? Divide the spoils? Also, the amulet that Yargin had is pretty good, worth around 100 gold sails. I'll hold onto the amulet for now." He then puts the necklace around his neck. He then says, "Anyone need anything else? All Giggles had was studded leather armor, a light shield, and a flail. I don't know what Hookshanks had. Yargin didn't have much besides the wand, the vials of acid, necklace, key, dagger, these bags of sticky crap, and..." He digs around his pocket until he pulls out a strange, cracked black stone. "... this thing. Does anyone know what this thing is? Also, does anyone know our next move?"


Male

Korriban's conversation:
Pia sighs at your insistence and pouts a little for your benefit, but relents. "Very well. I'll get out of your hair. Who knows...perhaps I'll see you again, Korriban Balros."

She winks at you and gives a little laugh as she heads out the door and into the night.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel walks over to the hole, staring down into the dirty underdock beneath. "We can go down. Test the boat, test the rope. If it is safe, we can motion for others to follow." Without actually waiting for confirmation Gadriel grabs onto the rope and lightly jumps down, using the rope more for guidance than support, landing lightly in the small dingy underneath. The vessel rocks back and forth, but Gadriel seems to manage the precarious balancing act well. With a quick scuttle, she moves to the dock quietly before motioning for the next brave person. Unfortunately, one of the boards appears to be half rotten, splitting with a crunch under her foot. A muffled cry is all that manages to escape her lips as she pulls her leg back out, her face white with fear that she's let Lamm know something is coming...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Of course, the one time I really want the high roll for coolness factor, I get average. :D
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 I'm eying all ya'll... I caught your rolls. :p


Male

Oh, yeah, with your "average" +13... :P

A note to all and sundry: if you're in a hurry you can make climb checks to descend the rope, but since the DC is just 5 everyone should be able to take 10 with no worries. You always roll stealth (assuming you want to) since it's an opposed check.

When Gadriel (and anyone else) reaches the bottom pier, you notice the corpse of a massive shark bobbing up and down in the water nearby...two crossbow quarrels are sticking out of it, and the water is still tinged red. This must be what the guards were dealing with earlier.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Our chums drew the shark! Hee hee hee!"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

I'm assuming Teodor took the vial of acid. Teo, make sure you put the vial of acid on your character sheet. I'm also waiting on Imperia's analysis on the wand and someone's analysis on the rock.

Korriban climbs down the rope after Gadriel. Taking 10. He moves forward, noticing the girl frozen in fear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

His concern seems to outweigh his need for stealth. He places his hand gently on her nonmonkey occupied shoulder. "Gadriel, are you alright? There's no need to be scared." He then looks around ahead for any traps or the like.

Taking 10 on Perception for traps: 10 + 6 = 16.
Taking 10 on Perception as normal: 10 + 5 = 15.


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

I go away for a day, and here there are almost 20 new posts O.o'! With so much ground to cover, this is gonna be a long one!

Imperia is rather dismayed the children ran off in terror, without the chance for the group to reveal their identities and direct them to somewhere safe. When Raina voices her concerns, she chimes in as well - "They must be so scared... They are so young, and have been through so much... As soon as we have visited justice upon that monster of Lamm, we have to track them down and help them find a proper home!"

Taking the wand Korriban hands her, Imperia inspects the item for the briefest moment, before advancing an educated guess - "It's obviously a magical wand. I'm fairly certain it contains a basic spell of elemental evocation, and nothing more. Given a little time, I could discern the exact incantation, and the charges left in the wand... But it's not something we should do right now. Lamm is here somewhere, and so is my sister. We need to find them immediately!"

Since it takes 3 rounds to properly examine a magic item, Imperia postpones the task till after the final battle. If Korriban wants the wand back, she hands it over to him again, otherwise she offers him a candid smile, a word of thanks, and keeps the wand (it could even come in handy against Lamm, you never know! ;p).

Deeply concerned for Adoros's grievous wound, Imperia approaches him and tries to discern just how bad a state the proud cavalier is in. After his reconciliatory words toward Korriban, Imperia offers him a bright smile, glad the tense situation seems to be defused...

... Only to be caught completely off-guard by Raina's retort, and blushing a little due to her direct language. "Raina, I... Don't think Adoros meant anything offensive, he was just making a peace offering, so to speak, as Korriban just did moments before. And I'm very glad to see we are getting past our differences and trying to work together! Come now, we still have much to do, we need to find Lamm and free my sister!" - just as she turns away, she adds over her shoulder - "And just for the record, I AM a lady, and proud of being one, and I could easily use my magical talents to conjure something to kick anyone's behind three ways to Toilday AND back... Now, let's focus on the task at hand, shall we?"

When the prostitute suggests she could tag along, Imperia raises an eyebrow, ready to chastise the rash girl for suggesting such reckless course of actions, but Korriban beats her to the punch, and she's happy to let him handle it.

Imperia is quick to follow Gadriel and Korriban down the hole onto the hidden underpier, eager to reach Lamm's true hideout and be reunited with her lost sister. Mistaking the young girl's cry for a sign of fear, she tries to get to her friends without making any loud noises, and whispers to Gadriel - "Everything is fine Gadriel, don't worry. You are not alone, we are here for you."

Taking 10 to climb down, then rolling Stealth and Perception for Imperia and Rutilus.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception, Imperia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception, Rutilus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Clutching her crossbow so tightly her knuckles whiten, Imperia steels herself for the upcoming confrontation.

There we go, up to date! Sorry about this, I really didn't expect so many posts today. I'll try to be more present in the days to come. ^_^


Male

Imperia and Korriban, anyone else with Perception DC 15:
Though you don't hear anything coming from the room ahead, you do hear something odd...a chittering noise, very high pitched, interspersed with the occasional higher whistle or shriek, all at a fairly long distance and set against a humming, whirring backdrop noise....

Made Perception and make Knowledge (arcana) DC 6:
Some of the chittering and the whistles sounds like pseudodragons, a species native (and a bit of a pest) to Korvosa...although it's odd to hear so many at once at this time of year, since they usually migrate to the Mindspin Mountains during the summer. From the sound of it there may be a pack of them fighting some of the city's imps. Aside from the apparent viciousness of the fight, it's not that unusual an event; the imps and pseudodragons hate each other. Regardless, the fight's a long way off.

Made Perception and Knowledge (planes) DC 12:
Some of the chittering and the shrieking sounds like imps, which are a bit of a pest in Korvosa since Acadamae students often have to summon them for exams, and sometimes lose control of the devils...there's a lot of them up there, wherever they are. It sounds like they may be fighting some of the city's native pseudodragon population, which isn't that unusual--although this fight sounds particularly nasty. Regardless, the fight's a long way off.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Imperia

Korriban nods before handing Imperia the wand. "Keep it, then. Maybe it'll be of use to you. I know you'll put it to better use than Yargin did." Seeing her becoming even more distressed, he gently places his hands on her shoulders. He speaks with sincerity. "We'll get to them. Don't worry." He then turns to jump into the hole. So Imperia has the wand now. Put it into your character sheet. The weight is about an ounce, according to Norv.

After comforting Gadriel, he turns to see Imperia grasping her crossbow tightly. He gently places his hand over hers, comforting her. He nods at her before removing his hand. A slight blush seems to tint his cheeks.

@Norv & Group

Knowledge (arcana); can make untrained Knowledge checks with DC 10 or lower: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dang it.

Hearing the sounds, Korriban turns his head. The sounds seem familiar to him, but he can't place his finger on it.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel shakes her head, standing back up as the color returns to her face. "We were worried that Lamm heard our stumble. We are glad knowing the others are here too." With a small smile, Gadriel looks around the area as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Gadriel points at the door at the end of the dock. "Lamm?"


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

Hearing strange, high-pitched noises, Imperia raises her head, trying to figure out what all the ruckus is about.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

After a moment, she turns toward her friends with a slightly puzzled expression on her face. "Did you hear that? All the chittering, shrieking and whistling... It sounds like outside a pack of pseudodragons is fighting a group of imps! That's... A little odd? I thought pseudodragons migrated to the Mindspin Mountains during the summer." - Imperia suppresses a grimace - "Imps... Disgusting little pests! there were days the Acadamae grounds were so full of them we had to try and attarct pseudodragons just to help us get rid of the little monsters... Uhm... In any case, it sounds like the fight is quite in the distance, I don't think we have any reason to worry. For now at least..."


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Adoros rolls his shoulder after Teodor applies some of his strange brand of healing. While there is still a little tightness, it is now equivalent of a bad bruise and he is able to work through the discomfort. The Chelish man nods to the priest, "Thank you, Teodor, this should be good enough for now. I feel I can move it enough to finish our dinner date with Lamm."

As he follows the rest down to the vat room and the hole opening up to a lower dock, Adoros looks to Raina, "I meant no disrespect, Raina. My assertion that you, Imperia, and Gadriel are ladies does in no way diminish your capabilities. Mayhaps in your view 'ladies' are porcelain dolls put on display for their beauty and charm but in my experience they can be more deadly and capable than most man. Attend a gala or soirée sometime and the truth of my words will be verified. Regardless, my rebuke to Korriban to curb the coarse language in your presence is more about good manners and survival. Where I'm from, it behooves a gentleman to keep a civil tongue amongst ladies or risk offering insult to her and her family. Easily avoided duels and daggers in the dark have claimed numerous lives of those that could not remain civil."

Adoros takes the rope as he struggles over the edge, banging his armor against the edge before he starts to slide down to the underpier. His shoulder, still a bit sore, protests the descent which elicits a sharp hiss from the Chelish man, "Why can't villianous vermin make their dens on the first floor? It always has to be deep down or high up." He lands with a heavy thump as he reaches the dock and immediately draws his greatsword.

Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Imperia

Korriban looks towards Imperia. "So that's what that sound is. I couldn't remember what it was. It does strike as odd that there would be pseudodragons here at this point of the year. Good thing that they're so far away." He then smiles at her. "Personal hatred towards imps, my lady?"

@Adoros

Korriban just smirks at the cavalier. "I might need to attend one of your fancy parties sometime. The whole language thing... I understand where you're coming from, being raised in high society and all. But, again, welcome to Korvosa! Things are very different here. Espicially if you're raised in the poorest part of town, like me. Around here, everyone curses, even the ladies. It's just natural. But, don't think that I don't know when to restrain myself."

At Adoros's complaining, Korriban gives a smirk and says, "It's just what happens when you're evil. I swear, there has to be some kind of evil rulebook that everyone follows."

@Norv & Group

Seeing the the door that Gadirel's pointing to, Korriban nods and says, "Lamm." He then draws his rapier and sneaks forward towards the door and listens for any sounds from the other side.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male

Korriban:
You can't hear much through the door, what with the lapping of the river below your feet and the noise of those pseudodragons (wherever they are). The room seems wholly quiet, except for a noise of--is that?--whimpering?


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban waves his friends to the door. He says, "I can't hear much in there. It sounds quiet. Too quiet. Imperia, I think I can hear your sister in there. She might be in trouble. I say we go in together. Ready?" Along with his rapier, he digs out one of the sticky bags from his pack and holds it in his left hand.

I'll be kicking in the door soon. Let me know when you're ready.


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

Imperia is clearly distraught when she hears her sister might be in peril. "Yes, absolutely!"- she hurriedly answers Korriban - "There isn't a moment to waste, let's go!"

Taking a deep breath, she sets her gaze on the door, ready for her companion to kick it down and burst in.

Ready and eager! Let's go kick Lamm's a@@! ^_^


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor giggles in agreement.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Once again, I'll be kicking in the door when I get an IC and an OOC confirmation.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel steels herself, Abu jumping in excitement.

Let's kick this pig!


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Adoros nods to Korriban as he prepares himself to charge into the room.

Ready to go.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

I'm assuming that Raina is ready to go. So I'm kicking it in!

Seeing his allies confirm their readiness, Korriban nods. He then stands and, using all of his strength, kicks the door open. He then waltzes in. With a smirk on his face, Korriban yells out, "Lammy! We're home! Now, prepare to die, old man!" He ends this with pointing his rapier at Lamm.

Everyone! Do as Deadpool says in this clip!


Male

I've taken the liberty of dropping Raina onto the lower level's map and deleting the upper level one, since it's no longer relevant. Hopefully I'll get Lamm's response posted before I have to head out to the show! Trying to now but I don't have much time.


Male

With a grin, Korriban plants his booted foot in the center of the door and sends it crashing open. He saunters in, rapier drawn. "Lammy! We're--"

BANG. A sharp report comes from inside the building, cutting off Korriban's opening line and blasting a chunk of wood out of the southern wall of the building--fortunately, nowhere near Korriban.

The first thing you see in the room is a small girl with violet eyes and crimson hair, dangling by her wrists from manacles on the far side of a hole in the floor that's open to the water below. Given their similarity, there can be little doubt that this is Celia Winthrune.

As you all peer in, and the smoke clears, you see Lamm on the far side of the pit shaking a long, slender tube with some kind of shoulder rest--as though someone had attached a metal tube to a crossbow mount. He's smaller than you imagined (or remembered)--just a bent old man in a gray robe, with a balding head of wispy hair. A slender tiefling stands next to him, gazing coolly in your direction and holding a loaded crossbow.

"What in the hell?!" Lamm's complaining, rather loudly. He snarls. "Useless thing!" He tosses it away from him, and the musket lands on a pile of clutter. There are old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of "lost" items: chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, rusted silverware, an old shield, a dinged helm, and all sorts of "treasure." Lamm turns back to you, drawing a hand crossbow from his belt. "Now then..." he snarls. "Who in the hell are you, and why did you enter my home? Hardly sporting to kill my men...though if you're looking for work, I recently developed some vacancies." He spits into the river and cackles.

As soon as the gun goes off, Adoros stiffens. It's here. And, unbidden, the image of the card you drew in the Harrowing floats into your mind, the strange man with the keys and picks, and Zellara's words cross through your brain: You will soon have the tool you need to realize your destiny... And you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you will seize your weapon back from Lamm, regain your lost honor, and put this old man in the ground.

Thanks to the Locksmith, Adoros gains a +2 bonus on ALL rolls modified by Dexterity, and a +1 Dodge bonus to his AC for this encounter!

Initiative Order

  • Gadriel, Teodor, Imperia, Raina (in order posted)
  • Baddies
  • Korriban and Adoros (in order posted)

    Perception DC 26:
    There's some large creature lurking in the water...it looks like a log or piece of debris, and is near the northeast corner. You can make it show up on the map by right-clicking the terrain, going to "Order" and then clicking "send to back."

    The first time someone sets foot on either 5' walkway around the pool:
    On the map itself, you'll want to right-click on the base layer of the map (the terrain), go to "Order," and click "Send to back." ;)

    Without taking his eyes from you, the tiefling drops his crossbow and fires it coolly into the water. It sinks into something, and suddenly the water at the far end of the pool froths as, with a hissing roar, a massive alligator thrashes to the surface, roaring and writhing in rage as much as pain.

    DM Dice:

    Lamm's Musket Attack v. Touch: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 4 = 0
    Lamm's Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 10
    Tiefling Bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    Tiefling damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
    Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
    Lamm Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
    Tiefling Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
    Whose Init? It's a mystery...: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
    Adoros Init: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
    Korriban Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    Gadriel Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Teodor Init: 1d20 ⇒ 11
    Imperia Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Raina inti: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Vital Stats:

    Gaedren Lamm: HP 17, AC/T/FF 11/11/10, Fort -1, Ref +5 (also has evasion), Will+7, CMD 12
    Tiefling: HP 16, AC/T/FF 16/13/13, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1, CMD 14
    Gobbleguts: HP 20, AC/T/FF 14/10/13, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2, CMD 18 (22 vs. trip)

    We're at the top of the round!


  • Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
    Quick Stats:
    Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

    Hearing the loud bang, Imperia jumps in surprise. 'What was that!?... Is Celia in there? S-She could be injured... I need to see!' Without a moment's hesitation, Imperia barges into the room, weapon in hand and ready to take her sister back at any cost.

    Perception, Imperia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Perception, Rutilus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

    Once inside, her eyes immediately set onto the small figure dangling from the ceiling, and her hand flies to her mouth in shock - "CELIA! W-what've they done to you!?... Don't worry, I'll get you down from there, I promise! Everything'll be alright!"

    When she turns her gaze to her sister's captors, her face is a mask of hate. If her temper was raised before, when she confronted Hookshanks the gnome, now she's absolutely livid, completely beside herself with rage.

    "YOU MONSTERS!" - she screams, every word imbued with pure, unadulterated hatred - "I WILL RIP YOU LIMB FORM LIMB AND SEND YOU SCREAMING DOWN THE PITS OF HELL, IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"

    Raising her hand into the air, she utters unspeakable words of power, then, with a strange glint in her eyes, she points her slender finger at Lamm.

    Move action to enter the room, standard to cast Summon Monster I, using Acadamae Graduate. Wait for it...


    Female Summoned Monster
    Quick Stats:
    Init +2 | AC 14, t 13, ff 12 | 5/5 hp | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2 | Perception +9

    Just as before, in front of Lamm the air seems to shimmer and swirl, and after a moment, a translucent figure materializes out of nowhere. The noble Celestial Eagle flaps her wings and shrieks loudly, ready to fight.

    "তাকে পরিশোধ করতে, তার মাংসের মধ্যে আপনার নখর ডুবা! তাকে হত্যা!" - Imperia's voice raises clearly from the other side of the room, her finger firmly pointed at Lamm, like a silent accusation... Or a death sentence.

    Celestial:
    "Sink your talons in his flesh, make him pay! Kill him!"

    Within a moment, the large eagle is upon him, eager to satisfy the whims of her mistress.

    Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
    Attack (Talon): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Attack (Talon): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

    Damage (Bite): 1d4 ⇒ 4 + 1 if target is evil
    Damage (Talon): 1d4 ⇒ 1 + 1 if target is evil
    Damage (Talon): 1d4 ⇒ 4 + 1 if target is evil

    Eagle full-attacks Lamm. Today, justice is served on swift wings! ^_^

    Imperia, Fortitude vs Fatigue (CD 16): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Korriban is shocked by what he sees. When he sees the girl and Lamm holding the "weapon", he narrows his eyes. He runs forward, screaming: "You're sick, you know that Lamm?! Tying up children and shooting at them?! Oh, and by the way... the name's Korriban Balros!" He stops several feet before the tiefling, chucking his bag of sticky stuff at him.

    Attack (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

    The tiefling is covered in goo, making it difficult to move. Korriban smirks and says, "And what's the deal with you, hellspawn? Who are you and why are you here?"

    Round 1 Actions:
    Move 25' forward and throw the tanglefoot bag at the tiefling, hampering his attack rolls and his Dexterity. Also, do I trigger the alligator? If so, then I'm sorry, Imperia. :(


    Male

    As you step onto the edge of the walkway, the tiefling drops his crossbow and fires it coolly into the water. It sinks into something, and suddenly the water at the far end of the pool froths as, with a hissing roar, a massive alligator thrashes to the surface, roaring and writhing in rage as much as pain.

    Lamm shrieks in pain as the bird's talons and beak sink home in his flesh, and the golden wings beat at his face. "You!" he gasps, seizing a shredded shoulder. "How are--who are--" Then he registers what you've said, and, looking at Celia, begins to cackle madly. "Aaaaaaahahahahaha! You're the little girl's mother, are you? No...no...too young for whelping, I think. What, then? Cousin? No...sister? Ahahaha! My lucky day indeed! You can have the c&*+ back if you want her that badly...call of your bird and I'll cut you a good price...I can't promise you'll want her as she is, but I ain't done nothing to her." He leers at you. "She came the way she is, that's why I was doing business with this a-here man."

    The tiefling glances at Lamm with an amused smirk. "Come, Lamm. You know the Five Fists will double any price this sister is willing to give." He looks back at Imperia coolly. "Besides, I don't think the woman's come here to negotiate."

    MAJOR UPDATE
    I've just noticed that somehow I misread the dice, or they changed between the preview and the post, or something, but...as rolled, the initiative order should be:

  • Imperia, Gadriel, Korriban
  • Baddies
  • Teodor, Adoros, Raina

    Sorry for the confusion! So, we have Gadriel and Korriban up, then the baddies!EDIT: woops, just Gadriel now.


  • Male

    As you run, the alligator begins to thrash in the water, and it lunges at you as you run past, its jaws slamming shut with a sound like a steel trap just inches from your legs.

    The tiefling curses as the bag you found bursts, covering him in sticky goo. He manages to avoid the worst of it, though. "Who I am is no concern of yours," he says coldly. "And my business is none either." He takes the penalties to Dex and attack rolls, but isn't glued down.

    "Balros? Korriban...ah! You!" Lamm's eyes light up with a look of recognition and cold fury. "Whelp! I should have fed you to Gobbleguts the day found you! Well, not too late, I suppose..."

    Celia screams in panic as the alligator rises out of the water mere feet below her.

    DM Dice:

    Gobbly Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    Tiefling's Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    Tanglefoot duration: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

    Vital Stats:

    Gaedren Lamm: HP 5, AC/T/FF 11/11/10, Fort -1, Ref +5 (also has evasion), Will+7, CMD 12
    Tiefling: HP 16, AC/T/FF [14]/[11]/13, Fort +2, Ref [+3], Will +1, CMD [12] Rounds remaining on tanglefoot bag: 5.
    Gobbleguts: HP 20, AC/T/FF 14/10/13, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2, CMD 18 (22 vs. trip)


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Just saw the map. Holy s*@t on the gator! Guys, we need to get rid of it, distract it, or slow it down before it gets Celia! Quick! Gadriel, does Abu have anything up his non-exsistant sleeves?


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Gadriel hustles in, quickly surveying the room from the doorway. Abu sits calmly on her shoulder, a picture of calm and rationality other than the now glowing eyes that do not seem to be fading. "We have returned, Lamm. Abu wants your eyes. We want you punished. We have found others who want you punished as well." With that, Gadriel draws herself up. Power seems to radiate from her as she begins to murmur unconsciously to herself. Staring at the croc, she says "First Lamm's guardian."

    Gadriel moves in and uses the Misfortune Hex on the Croc.

    Misfortune:
    (Su): The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save DC 15 negates this hex. This hex affects all rolls the target must make while it lasts. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.


    Male

    The crocodile glares at Gadriel and Abu, meeting your eye with a malevolent yellow glare. It seems unfazed, and you can almost hear its thoughts: Pain. Kill. Feed.

    Gaedren starts at Gadriel's entrance. "You?! The cat burglar brat? Well, well, this is a surprise...are you the one who brought these people all here? I knew you were bad news. I should never have taken you in!" he suddenly bellows. "D'you hear me? I should never have gotten you off the street, even if you'd begged me! I should have left you to rot, left you for them!" So saying, he darts back from the eagle and fires his hand crossbow at it. The mighty golden bird shrieks in pain, but remains in the air. Gaedren curses and loads another quarrel into his crossbow. "The bird first," he growls, glaring at Gadriel. "You next, brat."

    The tiefling slings his crossbow across his back and draws a wicked-looking, jagged sword. Retreating, but never taking his eyes away from Korriban, he runs his hand over the blade, muttering strange words. Darkness billows out from the blade in a cloud, obscuring the northern half of the room in dim light. "Come and get me, if you're so eager," he growls. The room left of the gray line is dim light, so all attacks (unless you can see in dim light) have a 20% miss chance.

    It's at that moment that the alligator explodes out of the water in a bellowing frenzy, and its jaws snap shut like a vise on Korriban's leg. Korriban screams as the gator drags him to the ground, and he begins bleeding profusely. Gaedren cheers, and the tiefling (as far as you can see) smirks. Fortunately, the gator sinks back into the water. The tiefling points his blade across the room, at Imperia. "Next," he intones.

    Ouch. 10 damage, so you're at 0 exactly--which means you're disabled. Sorry, my dice decided now would be a good time to go for the kill...

    Raina, Teodor, and Adoros are up!

    DM Dice:

    Gobbly's Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    Gaedren's Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
    Gaedren's Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
    Eagle's Fly check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Gobbly's Climb check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Gobbly's bite: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
    Gobbly's damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
    Gobbly's miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 56
    Gobbly's Grapple: 1d20 + 11 - 20 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 20 = 10

    Vital Stats:

    Gaedren Lamm: HP 5, AC/T/FF 11/11/10, Fort -1, Ref +5 (also has evasion), Will+7, CMD 12
    Tiefling: HP 16, AC/T/FF [14]/[11]/13, Fort +2, Ref [+3], Will +1, CMD [12] Rounds remaining on tanglefoot bag: 4.
    Gobbleguts: HP 20, AC/T/FF 14/10/13, Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2, CMD 18 (22 vs. trip)
    Eagle: HP 2


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Ouch. The gator got my leg again. Guys, a little help? I don't want to die. Teo, Gadriel? Help. Maybe I could use my Harrow point to gain that extra 10 feet to get to safety.


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Raina charges into the lower dock area, moments after Korriban very nearly gets eaten by the crocodile. The coppery stench of blood hangs in the air as she takes in the scene, her heart a whirlwind of emotion. That Man was here. He was here. He was here, and they were going to kill him. If the horror of seeing Imperia's little sis strung up by her boots wasn't bad enough by itself, it brought back horrible memories of a dark time Raina would much rather forget. That stench of blood... the scarlet crimson dripping from Korriban's leg, staining the timbers darker than they'd ever been... Raina felt bile rise to her throat. But she wouldn't let either the little girl or Korriban die here.

    The only one to die here and now would be him.

    "HEY, YOU! YA STUPID CROC!" Raina bellows as she approaches, trying to get the big reptilian's attention. "LEAVE 'IM ALONE!"

    She draws a dagger as she shouts, tossing it with all the precision of a drunken darts competition at the crocodile. The knife drops into the water with a vague gloop. But perhaps it would be enough to distract it from Korriban?

    Raina glares across the watery opening at Lamm. Pathetic old man. "You're next, don't you worry," she says, possibly even too quietly for him to hear. But that's the only selfish bit of hatred she allows herself to show. Korriban and the girl were more important for now.

    Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Move + draw dagger, and then miss terribly.


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    Thanks, Raina. Hopefully that works!


    Female Human Brawler 2
    Spoiler:
    HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

    Give me back my dice luck and I'll save ya! ;)

    Test: 1d20 ⇒ 2

    See!


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    I just realized that the tiefling in smoke is nearby. If I can't get out of there, then I got a problem. I also just realized that moving would provoke an AoO from Gobblegut. Norv, please tell me I'm wrong on that due to differences in elevation!


    Male

    Technically, you're not wrong--but Gobbleguts is going to have little interest in someone crawling along (which puts you barely in his line of sight, if at all) when someone's throwing crap at him. Also, the left side of the line is only dim light, not darkness--so you all can still see the tiefling moving, and pin his location down to one square (just a little harder to hit due to not being able to pick him out as well against the backdrop).


    Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

    THANK YOU, NORV!


    M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

    Teodor brandishes morningstar and shield and enters the room. "Tick tock the crick croc, bit the little freshcock. Fear not, Mister Lamm, I am not here for the reasons these are! I am here to thank you most kindly. You see, without you, I'd be yet another lost soul. You gave me religion, and Lord Groetus loves you greatly for it."

    Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 1

    Well, now you have a hit point, Korriban.


    Female Human Witch 3
    Stats:
    hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

    Eyeing Lamm with a nasty smile, Gadriel steps towards Korriban. "We have tricks still. We need not deliver the blow, simply assist others towards their own vengeance. Come, Lamm. There are fists and swords aplenty wishing for you." With a clap of her hands, and a shriek from Abu, roiling mists erupt from her, blocking Lamm's sight as well as his business partner's. "Now Korriban, while we hide their eyes. Adoros! Follow straight, and Lamm will be yours! The mists do not reach him, nor his side of the room."

    Moving there, casting Obscuring Mist. Should give Korriban some cover to retreat from, blocks the baddies sight (well, other than dat gator) for at least a short time.

    Obscuring Mist:
    School conjuration (creation); Level cleric 1, druid 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

    Casting Time 1 standard action

    Components V, S

    Range 20 ft.

    Effect cloud spreads in 20-ft. radius from you, 20 ft. high

    Duration 1 min./level (D)

    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

    A misty vapor arises around you. It is stationary. The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

    A moderate wind (11+ mph), such as from a gust of wind spell, disperses the fog in 4 rounds. A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round. A fireball, flame strike, or similar spell burns away the fog in the explosive or fiery spell's area. A wall of fire burns away the fog in the area into which it deals damage.

    This spell does not function underwater.

    201 to 250 of 5,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.