The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


3,351 to 3,400 of 5,161 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Good call, Teodor." Callie cleans the mask she is handed with prestidigitation and then dons it.

Callie looks through the cabinets. (Can I use my Perception check above?)

She also looks at the glass-fronted cabinet. Is the glass transparent and can she thus see what is inside?


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban nods at Teodor's statement. "Indeed. We're taking them down. No quarter! This ends here!" Korriban sees Callie move into the room to the north. He follows, stepping carefully.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Perception vs traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

EDIT: Didn't know that Norv and Callie had updated until after I posted.

Korriban joins in in inspecting the cabinets. Seeing the hanging masks, Korriban whispers, "Well, this just even creepier."


Male

Whoops, sorry, missed the roll!

A quick search of the cabinets reveals that most are full of the Physicians' regalia: broad-brimmed hats, boots, long leather gloves, heavy leather coats, and dark wooden walking sticks. There are probably enough sets in here to outfit twenty doctors, although only two masks remain.

The glass cabinet is an exception: inside you can see a variety of fancy medical equipment. Syringes, vials, and other delicate instruments fill most of the space, but in the back Callie can dimly see four small crystal vials with bright green liquid inside.


Male

Bump. What next?


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

In my last post, I meant to say "Well this just got even creepier." My bad.

Korriban looks at the contents of the cabinets. "Wow. There are a lot of outfits here. We could make some kind of profit if anyone would even want them after this. Maybe we could outfit some real doctors."

When it comes to the glass cabinet, Korriban eyes the equipment. "And there's more equipment here. Lots of delicate things here. Someone might pay for these."


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Wiping the blood off of his sword, Riceak shakes his head in disgust when Korriban points out the contents of the cabinet.

"Ugh. These Queen's Physicians are a...deranged bunch aren't they?"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive
Korriban wrote:
"Korriban looks at the contents of the cabinets. "Wow. There are a lot of outfits here. We could make some kind of profit if anyone would even want them after this. Maybe we could outfit some real doctors."

"I don't think real physicians want to look that unapproachable."

And yet, on a whim, Callie takes the two masks and one of the walking sticks and puts them in the large compartment of the haversack.

Korriban wrote:
When it comes to the glass cabinet, Korriban eyes the equipment. "And there's more equipment here. Lots of delicate things here. Someone might pay for these."

"Indeed. Think you can jimmy the lock?"

Callie casts detect magic to see if any of the equipment is magic, including the four crystal vials.

When they are finished doing what they are doing, she suggests they check out the door leading eastward next.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smirks at Callie. "Of course. Just give me a moment." He goes back and grabs his thieves tools. Returning to the glass cabinet, he puts his rapier down and begins to try and pick the lock after searching for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Perception vs Traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Disable Device (masterwork thieves tools): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Male

Korriban, not finding any traps, sets about picking the lock, and very shortly has the small padlock in his palm. Smirking, he opens the door of the cabinet to investigate what lies within.

As you could tell from the outside, there are a number of medical tools and supplies in here; enough to help real doctors out quite a bit. There's also a medicine jar full of polished, black onyx stones that you'd judge to be pretty valuable. Finally, there are the four identical crystal flasks, all of which radiate magic when examined.

Four healer's kits, 23 black onyx gems, and the four potions, for which see below.

Spellcraft DC 17:
These are potions of cure moderate wounds.

Spellcraft DC 27 (same roll):
...except for one, which is a cursed item! It's a potion that's lost its original magic and is now a potent poison (a potion of poison, if you will).


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor takes a healing kit. Such as the Lord would like.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"Yup, they're magic potions all right."

If no one else takes a look, she puts them in her handy haversack for identifying during less than stressful conditions.

She also puts a healer's kit in her sack, and she hands four onyx to each of them (keeping four for herself) and leaves the remaining three for the others to fight over.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smirks as he tosses the padlock in his hand. "Told you. Magic traps give me trouble. But, give me something like a mechanical trap or a lock and I'll crack it." He puts it in his pocket. When Callie gives him 4 of the onyx gems, he nods and takes them. "Thanks. Maybe these can help me pay back some of the debts I have." Putting the gems and his thieves tools in his pockets, he picks up his rapier and says, "Which way next?"


Male

Callie had suggested the door to the east earlier. Under which assumption...

The recessed door to the east does not have any decorations, unlike the ones you've seen so far, and a cursory examination reveals that it is unlocked and apparently free of traps.

However...

Perception DC 8:
As you examine the door, you realize that you can hear a conversation going on on the other side of it. You can pick out at least three voices, though the second one to speak often sounds like they're lecturing an entire room.

Voice 1: "But sister, if the Princess grants the pleasures of the flesh forever--if that is why her faithful can be assured of due reward--why does she also spread death and plague? Are these not going to limit the supply of, uh, flesh to enjoy?"

Voice 2: "Ha! You lack vision, Poins. Ask yourself this: what good is the pleasure of food, or lust, or blood, when your own vile body will be a maggoty corpse before long? Then your soul will no longer be your own, but disposed of as the Frigid B+~~@ determines, and recycled to whatever fresh hell she sees fit. But through the Pallid Princess we can find the other side of death: glorious undeath, through which our hunger and lust and bloodthirst can be eternally sustained. Remember what Dason says: 'Existence is dull without the savor of sensation.'"

Voice 3: "I told you he did not understand."

Voice 1: "I do! I do! I just...expected more orgies, I guess."

Voice 2: "Ha. They will come, brother. Once this city of faithless cowards is dust. To which I drink. More wine, slave!"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"How many magic traps have you tried?" Callie asks. "One generally doesn't learn these things overnight."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Callie holds up a finger as she catches snippets of noise through the door. She casts message on the party and whispers via the spell, "Three in there drinking a toast to the Pallid Princess. Shall we join the party?"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban scratches his head at Callie's question. "Well, I believe that's the only one I've come across."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Korriban easily hears the conversation and smirks. "Yeah. Let's go. So, Poins wants pleasures of the flesh, huh? Decomposing flesh orgies? Please. Calistria's faith is the one you go to for orgies and pleasures of the flesh. And Shelyn's the one you go to for the beauty of it. Urgothoa? Nah. That's not right. So, let's go and... convert them... and steal their wine... and everything else."


Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Riceak squeezed his hand around the hilt of his blade as he heard what Korriban said he had overheard. The swordsman whispered, "Want me to kick down the door on them?"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Then perhaps all you need is a bit of practice," Callie says to Korriban in their earlier conversation.

At the door, Callie shrugs at Riceak and whispers (via message), "We could see if the door's unlocked and open it for you, then you can charge right in without wasting your energy on the door first."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smirks and nods. "I'm on it." He then carefully steps to the door and checks to see if it's unlocked and if there are any traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception vs traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"What sort of voices? Soliders? Killers?"


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"I think it's safe to assume everyone here are killers. But it sounds like two recent 'converts' and a more experienced priest or acolyte."


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Doesn't seem like they were working men, off talking in their own chamber. But recent converts might be able to be talked sense to. Perhaps, and I know this might seem odd coming from me, but perhaps we should not just murder them all immediately. We still need witnesses and information."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban stops and turns slowly at Teodor. "That is odd coming from you Teodor. But, we do need witnesses. And if we can make people stop being stupid by worshiping this goddess, then I'm all for it."


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Oh now you want to be merciful? Or is it just because they're not unconscious yet?" Callie rolls her eyes. "Look, given they were talking about undead flesh orgies, I'm not sure they're what one might call 'reliable sources.' But whatever we do, we need to decide on it--this spell makes us hard to hear but they might pick up on us eventually if we don't do something."


Male

The door appears by all evidence to be untrapped, and unlocked as well. Korriban is able to rock the handle back and forth slightly to confirm this.

As you debate, Korriban and Callie can hear that the conversation on the other side of the door is continuing. As you listen, though, you notice that while the three voices you heard first dominate the conversation, there are several other voices that chime in occasionally. It's hard to be sure, but it sounds like there are more than three people in there; it's got to be at least six.

What next?

GM Screen:

Phys Percep DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Phys Percep DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Phys Percep DC 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30"Ah, sirs? And maams? Uh, the Queen is here for inspection. Ah, this is rather unexpected. Davalus said to fetch you all."


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Sorry for the long delay in posting, been highly distracted and this game always seems to sink to the bottom on me for some reason.

Lantressa looked at the bottles but knew she wouldn't be able to identify them, it just wasn't her forte. As they progressed she found herself dumb founded at Teodor's desire to not instantly kill them all. It seemed rather out of place for him but she rolled with it and made no remark. It was when they finally entered the room and Teodor lied to the group of them that she felt the need to prepare for a fight. She felt her dwindling supply of magic becoming evident and she hoped that there weren't many more of these guys to deal with.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor said that outside the door.


Male

"What?! The Queen? Here???" one male voice exclaims.

"Don't be ridiculous," the female voice you heard earlier snaps. "She's never been here even once, and she'd not sully herself with such peasants. What is this, a prank?! Find out who that is, dog!"

You can hear footsteps approaching the door...

Just a few seconds for a response/preparation! What do you do?!

GM Screen:

Physician: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Physician: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Physician: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Physician: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Cultist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cultist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Cultist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Seeing this isn't going to last long, Callie reaches to open the door. "Now, Riceak!"

She will open the door for Riceak to charge through.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban readies himself to begin the assault after Riceak charges in. "Come on. Come on. Let's end this."


Male

Callie, hearing the footsteps approach, wrenches the door open. Riceak charges through, sword first, and does indeed encounter an unmasked Queen's Physician just beyond the door. His sword plunges into the man's heavy robe, and the Physician gasps in pain.

It's only then that you all have a split second to take in the rest of the room, though.

Black-sheeted cots fill this room; their black satin sheets seem more akin to funerary wrappings than to the resting places of the living. Numerous skulls are set evenly within the room's stone walls. Candles within them cause them to glow like morbid jack-o'-lanterns, and cast light throughout the room. The room is filled with roughly half a dozen men and women; three men are dressed in the garb of the Queen's Physicians, but the other four are dressed in regal purple cloaks and wear breastplates. All seven of them are beginning to scramble for weapons, and one yells, "Intruders! Defend us, slaves!" This last is evidently directed to the four animated skeletons that stand about the room, which drop the serving dishes they were holding and move toward you!

But first, you all get a surprise round!

COMBAT! SURPRISE ROUND

The party leaps into action as the skeletons start toward you...

Initiative (when we get there)
Skeletons
Riceak
Physicians
Teodor
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red 16, Others 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion
Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Korriban Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Callie Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lantressa Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Teodor Init: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Riceak Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Skeleton Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Cultists Init: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Physicians Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
----------
Riceak Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

With the sudden onslaught of hostilities Lantressa knew that she needed to get a better view and quickly moved up behind Korriban to see into the room better.


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

Callie's only got so much juice in her, but she decides this is a good time for an inspiring oration.

"And like the Korvosan hero Adelaine, who drove the Chells from the holy ground of Ademar's Court, let us sally forth and slay those who would befoul our city with their foul-hearted greed."

Standard action: begin Inspire Courage

As a reminder to others: the enemies will be flatfooted (unless they're high level rogues) so you can move in through us friendlies if you want without provoking AOOs.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor bursts through the doorway, flail swinging wildly. "Your slaves are freed. Your masters have been slain. All but one of you will be slain as well. Who wants to live?" To punctuate his statement, he crashes his flail into one of the physicians' head, nearly felling him there.

bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33heavy flail attack on red physician: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male

I'm going to wait on Korriban or Riceak to post before botting the other, but Teodor, remember that it's a surprise round! You only have one action. I'm assuming you choose to move--you can launch that attack on your first proper turn.

"Impossible!" one of the robed women cries. "We would have heard if the Lady had fallen. They would never have made it past the experiment vats. Slay them all!"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban runs in past Callie and Riceak. He tries to flip over the cultist onto the other side.

Acrobatics DC 20 to move through the green cultist's square without AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

However, he fails.

Don't know how this is going to work. The rules say that I would lose my move action. However, Riceak is in the square I would be leaping from.


Male

As Callie pointed out, they are flat-footed, so can't make attacks of opportunity right now...so I'll allow it.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Oh yeah. I forgot that. Thanks. In that case...

The cultist is so surprised by their attack that Korriban somehow manages to very clumsily flip over the cultist and land on the bed. He regains his confidence and pep from the failed flip by saying, "Just give it up! Everyone's gone. Soon, your "Lady" will be gone as well.


Male

Botting Riceak...

ROUND ONE!

Riceak lunges at the Physician in front of him once more, opening another substantial gash in the startled man's shoulder. As Callie continues her narration and the others move into position, the skeletons lurch forward to go on the offensive! Two of them claw at Korriban, one lurches toward Teodor, and the last, finding its way mostly blocked, squeezes into the last open area and also lunges at Korriban. Fortunately the young man is fast enough to dodge all of the slow, staggering attacks, and Teodor's armor protects him--but the skeletons now form a nearly solid line across the room, hemming you in!

Riceak is up!

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak<----
Physicians
Teodor
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red 7, Others 23 each | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion
Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Riceak Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Red Skele 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Red Skele 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yellow Skele: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Blue Skele: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Green Target (1 top): 1d2 ⇒ 1
Green Skele: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian)
Quick Stats:
Init +6,Perc +2,AC23,T14,FF 21, HP 44/52, F +6, R +3, W +1, +1 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist diseases DR 2/-;Imm. Vorel's Phage & Blood Veil; Base Atk[/b] +5; CMB +8; CMD 20
Fighter (Armor Master)
Quick Skills:
Climb +9, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Local) +4, Linguistics(Vudrani) +2, Perception +2, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5,

Sorry y'all. I was dealing with some stuff at work.

Sword attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20

Sword attack damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

PHEW! That was a close one. Thank you Callie for the Inspire courage!

Riceak swung his sword at the evil doctor in front of him!

"Die you traitor to the healing arts!"

YES! That was the best insult I could come up with!


Male

ROUND ONE (cont'd)

The Physician in front of Riceak goes down with a gurgle, while his compatriot across the room launches himself at the Varisian with a yell. His club catches Riceak square in the chest, but Riceak's breastplate absorbs the blow. In the southwestern corner of the room, the other Physician attempts to wrestle Teodor away from the door, but the priest swings his flail into the man's head, almost knocking him to the ground!

Teodor's up! I took that last attack roll you made and used it for your AoO provoked by the yellow physician, since Red is down.

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak
Physicians
Teodor<----
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red -6, Yellow 10, Green 23 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (Green -1 all this round) | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion
Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Green Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yellow Reposition: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Red Stabilize DC 10: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 5 = 8


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

attack green doc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25dam: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24"Of course you didn't hear it, nitwits! We're professionals!"
critical confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23critical damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male

ROUND ONE (cont'd)

The physician who struck Riceak staggers as Teodor swings his flail around and deals him a crushing blow to the back of the skull! @Teo: don't forget the +2 to attack and damage from Callie's inspiration!

The four robed men and women finally stir themselves, seizing the scythes that lie next to them. "Go!" one woman on the far side of the room cries to the southernmost one. "Warn the others!" That man takes off running, pushing open the door to the southeast as the others raise their scythes above their heads. "Hail to the Pallid Princess, Queen of Gluttony and of all Night Creatures..." the woman begins chanting, with the other two following suit. As the murmuring voices fill the room, all three of their scythes begin to glow with a sickly, greenish light...

But the rest of the party (Callie, Korriban, and Lantressa) are up first!

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak
Physicians
Teodor
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa<----

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red -6, Yellow 10, Green 2 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (Green -1 all this round) | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion
Cultists: HP: 26 each | AC/T/FF: 19/12/19 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Green Combat Casting DC 17: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 4 = 30


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban sees the cultists about to do something. So he stabs at the cultist in front of him.

Attack (flanking): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack due to flanking: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Human Bard - Arcane Duelist 9 [ HP: 57/57 AC:21 T:13 FF:19 | CMD 22 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +8 | Init +4 Perc: +7 | 1st/day 7/7, 2nd/day 5/5 3rd/day 4/4; Perf rds 25/25 | Disruptive

"Lantressa, is there anything you can do to the one who's chanting?" Callie asks, before going back to urging on her comrades. "To battle as in days of yore..."

Not in a good position to do much herself, Callie stabs the cultist in green.

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12

But she instead expertly strikes the doorjamb with enough force to hurt her own hand.


female | tiefling (pitborn) | sorcerer 8 |HP: 48/50 | AC:14 [17]; T:12; FF:13 [15]| CMB +4, CMD:16 | Fort:+6; Ref:+6; Will:+8 | Init:+2; Perc:+0 Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Beguiling Voice (dc 17) 3/8 | Fascinate (dc 20) 2/2 | Spells: lvl 1 7/8; lvl 2 4/7; lvl 3 3/6; lvl 4 3/4

Nodding to Callie Lantressa stepped forward and said, "I'll do what I can, though it isn't much." With that she chanted in the now familiar gestures of a spell to slow her enemies. She released the spell and it flowed from her, targeting the chanters first and then spreading the spell onto all of the living enemies within the room.

I cast slow and target the chanters first, followed by the guy who opened the door, then the remaining living combatants. Will save DC 18 negates.

I am now out of 3rd level spells and have only 2 1st and 2 2nd level spells left.


Male

ROUND TWO!

"Arrrgh!" Part of the chant is cut off as Korriban skewers the cultist pinned between him and Riceak. The man turns to him, gripping his scythe tightly. Callie's blow is blocked by the doorway, but Lantressa's chant sweeps over the cultists in the room, and nearly all of the living combatants stagger as they are slowed by the enchantment!

The skeletons, however, continue their assault. Riceak's breastplate repels one of the undead's claws, but the other three swarm at Korriban! His armor prevents some of the damage, but their bony talons score his flesh, leaving bleeding wounds.

Korriban takes a total of 14 points of damage from the skeletons (leaving him at 11 hit points) and Riceak is up!

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak<----
Physicians
Teodor
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red -6, Yellow 10, Green 2 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (Green -1 all this round) | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion | yellow is slowed until round 7
Cultists: HP: Green 13, others 26 each | AC/T/FF: 17/10/17 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15 | ALL but Yellow are slowed until round 7
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Green Cult Will DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Red Cult Will DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Yellow Cult Will DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Blue Cult Will DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Green Phys Will DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Yellow Phys Will DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
--------
Red Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Red Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Yellow Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yellow Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Green Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Green Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Green Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Blue Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Blue Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Blue Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male

Botting Riceak!

ROUND TWO (cont'd)

Seeing that one of the Physicians is reeling, Riceak swings his sword in a wide arc...

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

...and the man drops, lying in a pool of spreading blood from a grievous shoulder wound. The one remaining Physician, slowed by Lantressa's spell, swings his club at Teodor. He's too slow, though, and Teodor's armor absorbs the blow.

Speaking of, Teodor's up!

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak
Physicians
Teodor<----
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red -7, Yellow 10, Green -10 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (Green -1 all this round) | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion | yellow is slowed until round 7
Cultists: HP: Green 13, others 26 each | AC/T/FF: 17/10/17 | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15 | ALL but Yellow are slowed until round 7
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Red Stable?: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 6 = 4
Green Stable?: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 9 = -5


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10Teodor smashes the physician behind him.


Male

ROUND TWO (cont'd)

The Physician staggers backward, clutching his chest, as Teodor's flail shatters his ribs. He's still standing...barely. Meanwhile, the scythe-wielding cultist Korriban stabbed whirls on him with a snarl. The scythe cuts deep into Korriban's side!

Across the room, the two other cultists continue their chanting. "Pallid Princess, bless your servitors...enwrap our frail flesh, that in your name we may feed..." A brief, sickly green halo glows around both of them as the woman (yellow), clearly not affected by Lantressa's spell, circles slowly to the south while her companion staggers, slowed, in the opposite direction.

That's another 7 damage to Korriban (leaving him at 4, I think), and he, Callie, and Lantressa are up!

Initiative
Skeletons
Riceak
Physicians
Teodor
Cultists
Callie, Korriban, Lantressa<-----

Combat Map

Vitals:

Physicians: HP: Red -7, Yellow 0, Green -10 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/12 (Green -1 all this round) | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMD: 18 | evasion | yellow is slowed until round 7
Cultists: HP: Green 13, others 26 each | AC/T/FF: 17/10/17 (yellow and red 19/12/19) | Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +6 | CMD: 15 | ALL but Yellow are slowed until round 7
Skeletons: HP: 4 each | AC/TT/FF: 16/12/14 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2 | CMD: 14 | DR 5/bludgeoning; immune cold, undead traits

GM Screen:

Green Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

3,351 to 3,400 of 5,161 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.