The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master The Norv

The classic story of intrigue, magic, and strife in Korvosa, and of five figures caught in the balance of greater forces than they know.

Current Date: Starday, 10th of Lamashan, 4708

Current Map | Flex Time | Loot Tracker | Floorplan for the Rosa in Fiore

Harrow Points and Uses:

Current Harrow Points:
Callie: 3
Korriban: 2
Lantressa: 4
Matoska: 2
Teodor: 3

Flash of Insight: You can spend a Harrow point to attempt a skill check that normally requires training for a skill in which you have no ranks. You gain a one-time +5 bonus to that skill check.

Intelligence Rerolls: You can spend a Harrow point to reroll any one Intelligence-based check. You must abide by the new result, even if it's lower (but you can spend more Harrow points to reroll again if you want to).

Focused Thought: You can reattempt a Knowledge check that you have previously failed. On this attempt, you gain a +10 bonus on the check.


351 to 400 of 5,161 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Ouch.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

[B]"Idiot imps! Look at us! We're with you! Your real foes went that way!"bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Yes, Raina will almost always take any AoOs she is offered. As her inspiration says, "Punch first... ask questions while punching!" :)

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The sight of the Hellknights causes Raina to visibly sour, and when the platoon moves off, she spits in the street after them. "Hellknights are nothing but scum," she mutters angrily. "'Specially those cruel bastards. The s*$* they do to the Shoanti is unforgivable!"

"Ileosa's probably shaking in her boots with all the rioting, that's why she brought those a~*!~~@s in here," Raina hypothesises as they move on, looking darkly over her shoulder at the retreating backs of the heavily-armoured Hellknight crew.

Side note:
Pathfinder Wiki tells me "The Order of the Nail concerns itself with quelling "savage" practices and bringing their idea of civilization to the inhabitants of the wild frontier." ... so my assumption is that they certainly aren't nice to the native peoples. Given Raina's got a number of Shoanti mates from work and the gym, I think it makes sense for her to be particularly loathing of the Order of the Nail.

The rest of the time goes without incident, although Raina is jumpy at every potentially dangerous sight and sound. The sight of the two simultaneously lucky and unlucky guards dashing off before them causes her to arch an eyebrow, but the subsequent appearance of the vicious imps leaves her scowling. She tries to jab at one of them zooming towards Gadriel, but her offhanded fist appears to do little to the disgusting little beastie.

"Hey!" She growls at Teodor, "Don't get them to follow those two poor blokes!" But she didn't have much time to deal with that idiot of a man. Quick as a flash, Raina lashes out, attempting to grab one of the little blighters by the neck (to wring it, hopefully).

Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Move Action: Use Martial Maneuvers to learn Improved Grapple for the next minute.
Standard Action: Grab the imp bothering Gadriel.


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Round 1
hp 6/13

Free Action: Quick draw his greatsword.
Standard Action: Attack the imp who struck him.

Greatsword Attack vs Imp: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
And miss...

Adoros grunts in pain as the imp's poisonous stinger peppers his hand. In one fluid motion, the greatsword is flying free of its harness as the tip of the large blade slices up in the air at the flying imp. The small, agile creature easily slips to the side of the cumbersome strike as Adoros growls up at it, "Begone you minions of Hell! Find some flight of pseudodragons to pester with your venom!"


Male

The imps don't seem very impressed by Teodor's bluff, a response that's only hardened by Raina's snatching one of their number out of the air, as its wings beat uselessly and it scrabbles against her hand. Adoros snarls and stabs at an imp that dances out of his way, laughing. "But why fight the pseudodragons when we have the delicious pain of mortal souls to enjoy?" He leers menacingly down at the cavalier.

DM Dice:

Imps' Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 10 = 30 I'm calling that lie "far-fetched," given that they don't really have "enemies" here...just victims.

Raina:
Makes sense to me! A grudge against the Order of the Nail is a nice touch...and definitely deserved.


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

Imperia balks at the sight of the gang of imps ready to assail the group, knowing full well from her time at the Acadamae what a swarm of the little fiends is truly capable of.

"Be careful, don't underestimate them!" - She shouts to her companions - "They are more powerful than they may look... And much more devious!"

'We might nee help with this... Or a way to fight them one at a time...'

The young mage looks around quickly, trying to determine if there is anything at all she could do to give her friends an edge for the deadly confrontation ahead.

Imperia delays till the end of turn, and looks around to see if there is anything at all that could help them fight the imps (a passing guard to call upon, an open door where they could retreat, etc...)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception, Rutilus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

If nothing catches her attention, then she whips out the magic missile wand the group found earlier, and discharges a bolt toward the closest imp. (I'm assuming Imperia has the wand, since she's the only one able to use it! If not, then she takes a shot with her crossbow instead. ^_^)

Wand, Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

- OR -

Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Sure. Odds are Korriban would have given the wand to Imperia while they were moving. Don't forget you got that wand of acid from Yargin that Korriban gave you as well.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Swatting at the swarming creatures, Gadriel tries to keep them out of her face while Abu simply glares at the closest.

Hexing the closest one with a Misfortune Hex. Sorry for the delay, had an offline day yesterday. It was shockingly nice. :D


Male

No worries, I like the occasional offline day too! :D

Imperia's wand proves more effective than other weapons, and an imp screams with rage as the bolt of force strikes it. They swarm furiously...

We're back to the top of the round! Order is the same as before: Korriban, monsters, the rest of the party!

DM Dice for Stuffs:

??? Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Fortitude Save DC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Think I got rid of the poison.

Korriban shakes his head, shrugging off the poison. He glares at the imp that stung him. He swings at the creature.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

His attack swings wide, though. Possibly due to some latent poison in his system.


Male

Woohoo! Sorry for delay--had work this morning, then super bowl. I'm not a sports person, but even I can tell that was not a good game... :P Anyway, here are the happenings. Since several of you attacked the "closest" one, I'm going with Imperia blasting the one on Gadriel (which Raina grabbed) and Gadriel (since Raina had grabbed the one that attacked you) hexing one of the two on Korriban.

The imps swarm around you, chittering madly. The one in Raina's fist gets blasted by the unerring magic missile as it struggles to escape Raina's grip. The blast knocks it out of her hand, and it darts away, chittering, to strike at Imperia. Raina takes a swing at it, but misses, and the imp stings Imperia's hand. One of the imps that had attacked Korriban, hearing its comrade's cries, darts over toward Raina--Korriban stabs at it, too, but curses as his swing goes wide. Adoros has more luck, and his greatsword opens a gash on the imp's back that weeps a black, smoking ichor. The wound doesn't stop the imp, though, and Raina yelps as it stings the back of her neck. Korriban manages to sidestep his imp's second swipe, but its compatriot manages to nick Adoros's cheek. Imperia and Adoros both feel red welts rising where the imps stung them, and a heaviness starts to seep into their limbs...

So, to sum up: 1 damage to Imperia, 2 to Raina, 3 to Adoros, and Adoros and Imperia are poisoned. Take 1 point of Dexterity damage now (whether this changes your modifier depends on your current score), and on your turn make a DC 13 Fort save to avoid another 1d2 points of Dex damage.

The imp that stung Raina flits in front of her face, chortling. "Heeheehee! Such pain! Such impotence! Such rage! Come, small one, dance with us!" No one's blows seem able to connect with the little devils. Just then, though, you hear a sound:

"SCRAAWCK!!"

The imp near Imperia looks up, its faced panicked, and as you follow its gaze you find a horned, scaly face, about the size of a dog's, peering down at you from the eave of a nearby building.

Pseudodragons.

Two of the tiny reptiles flap down to the street, noticeably bigger than the others. They look at the imps with unmistakable malevolence, and everyone hears a hissing voice in their heads:

Vie ne treba da se dozhde tuka, ǵavoli. Ni ovozmoži i na našite deca da im pomogne na vas , dve noze.

With that, the pseudodragons launch themselves at the imps. The two in the street launch themselves at the imps attacking Korriban and Adoros, while the ones on the buildings launch themselves from the rooftops to snap at the devils' heads. In the back of the alley, the remaining two savage the imp attacking Imperia, lashing out with their tail stings. The three imps they attacked, although they thrash vainly, collapse as the pseudodragon poison enters their system, and all three topple to the ground and lie there, unconscious. Only the imp by Raina remains, and the pseudodragons turn toward it with growls. Even though the gash from Adoros's sword is already starting to close up, it looks nervous...

And now for the rest of the party, in posting order!

Draconic:
You should not have come here, devils. Allow us and our children to help you, two-legs.

DM Dice:

Imp Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Raina AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Raina AoO damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack on Imperia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage to Imperia: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Korriban's AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Korriban AoO Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Adoros's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Adoros's AoO Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
Attack on Raina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage to Raina: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Attack on Korriban: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage to Korriban: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Attack on Adoros: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage to Adoros: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Adoros Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Raina Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Imperia Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Poison Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Pseudodragon Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Imp Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Imp Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Imp Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Vital Stats:

Imps: HP conscious one has 9, others have 16, AC/T/FF 17/16/13, Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +4, CMD 15, DR5/good or silver, Immune fire, poison, Resist acid 10, cold 10


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Hey Norv, just so you know - as I suspect it'll come up often in the future - using Escape Artist to escape a grapple is a standard action, so that imp could get away and move away, but not attack Imperia as well.

"Blasted things!" Raina growls, swiping ineffectively in the air at the stupid annoying little devils. Luckily, she doesn't have to be annoyed for long - for the ever-useful pseudodragons are here to save the day. Indeed, her angered scowl quickly morphs into a bemused smirk as most of the imps drop to the little dragonets.

"Hee hee hee! Such pain! Such impotence!" she mimics the imp with a high falsetto, using its nervousness to her advantage as she once again grabs it out of the sky. Holding it up to her face, she snarls, "What was that, you rat? You got somethin' to say to us?"

Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel watches the pseudodragons with a bit of curiosity, before shaking her head to get back on track. "Korriban, we can help," she calls out before Abu shrieks at the one on him.

Evil Eye hex against AC on the imp that's still attacking Korriban.

Evil Eye:
(Su): The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch's choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Round 2
hp 3/13
AC 16, T 11, FF 15
Status: Poisoned (Imp Poison, 2 Dex damage)

Fortitude Save vs Imp Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Additional Poison Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Adoros curses the imp's foul lineage as once again its stinger pierces his flesh. The vile poison starts to slow his reactions as the little flying dragons swoop in to save the day. The Chelish man blinks his eyes slowly as if he's living some strange dream while watching draconic stingers lashing out at the imps, "Did you come because I called your names'?"

He shakes his head to clear it of the lethargy the poison is inducing, as he sees an imp struggling in Raina's arms. Carefully as not to skewer the woman, he stabs at the imp with his greatsword. Like trying to swat a fly with a shovel.

Greatsword Attack vs Grappled Imp: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Greatsword Damage vs Grappled Imp: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"Tsk tsk ...such needless suffering ...heeheehee ...perhaps ...I can prolong it ..."

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

Fort vs Poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Possible Dex Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

"Ah!" - Imperia winces as the small devil stings her and injects its poison. Trying to ignore the pain and an increasing sense of dizziness, the young wizard keeps her footing and gazes upon the imps with a defiant expression on her face. 'If we don't finish this quickly, their poison will be our death...'

"SCRAAWCK!!"

Just then, a pack of pseudodragons comes to the rescue, and Imperia rejoices at their sight.

"Hvala vam, plemenita zmaji! Z vašo pomočjo bomo to odvrača prijateljem!" - she shouts ecstatic at the pseudodragons, watching as they quickly attack and dispatch the great majority of the little devils.

Draconic:
"Thank you, noble dragons! With your help we will repel these fiends!"

With renewed hope, Imperia raises her wand, and launches another barrage of eldritch force at the last foe standing.

Wand, Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male

Imperia, Raina is 100% correct--Escape Artist is a standard action, so you can ignore the damage and the Dex loss from the poisoning. You're fine, that was my bad!

The imp twists desperately in Raina's hands. "Wait! I have much to offer powerful mortals such as yourselves! I--AHHHHH!" It screams as Adoros's sword skewers it, spilling more of the sticky, black blood onto Raina's hands. It smokes where it's exposed to the air, but fortunately doesn't burn. The imp barely clings to life--until, that is, the blast from Imperia's wand catches it full in the face, snapping its neck. It goes limp, then gently dissolves out of Raina's hands into a stream of the disgusting black sludge.

The pseudodragons retreat back to the rooftops as you approach them, clearly still somewhat wary of humanoids.

Bide dobro, dve noze. Nie ḱe letaat sega.

And with that they are gone, soaring with a whoosh of leathery wings into the night sky.

After dealing with the three remaining imps, you all continue north toward Old Korvosa. Approaching the many bridges that lead over to the island, you hear a confounding hubbub--the usual din of Bridgefront, mixed with the more intense roars and screams of the occasional brawl and small riot. As you move into the narrow, high-walled alleys of the neighborhood, you pick your way carefully along the streets, avoiding crowds and moving slowly, as the occasional drunk (or pair of drunks, wrestling or embracing as their temperament goes) stumbles past you. The stink of the city's lower classes, mixed with the smell of the Narrows, fills the air, and it's a tense walk from the edge of Bridgefront to the Rosa.

When Korriban knocks at the door, the small window set in it at eye level opens, and then the door is pulled open. The huge Shoanti man standing in the door breaks into a broad grin, and steps aside as he lets your group in.

"Young master," Falko rumbles. His voice doesn't betray his excitement, despite his smile. "I'm glad to see you've returned well. And with...er...friends?" He shuts the door quickly as the last of the group crosses the threshold, and brings down a heavy wooden beam to re-bar it. The Rosa seems to be geared for trouble: the bodyguards are spread out around the building watching windows facing the street, and two remain by the door as Falko escorts you to the sitting room. This room has been stripped of its usual gaudy decorations--squirreled away for safekeeping somewhere, no doubt--and the handful of the prostitutes sitting around on couches and chairs look alert and watchful, and are dressed in sensible, sturdy clothing rather than their work outfits. Lialda rises from a table near the center of the room as Falko steps aside, revealing your group.

"My son," she says breathlessly, crossing the room in few strides and taking Korriban's face between his hands, kissing his forehead. "The Lady is kind today, though she may be cruel tomorrow. When the city went crazy, I feared..." she pulls back, searching your eyes. "You are well, then? Unhurt? You look tired. Did your mission succeed? It is small matter--for you to be home, and safe, is enough, with the city like this."

Only then does she seem to notice the rest of the party. "Oh...forgive me, Korriban. We're not in much state to be entertaining. I take it these are your...friends?"

"A mixed bag, they look to be," pipes a dry, drawling voice from one corner. As you look over, you see a halfling woman about Korriban's age hop down from the mantle and stride over to your group. She pauses by Adoros, who is closest to her. "I saw you eyeing the girlies on your way in, Mr. Knight-in-Shining-Armor," she says with a roguish wink. "We're closed for business just at the moment, but let me assure you they'd be a bit much for you--they've chewed up and spat out far tougher men. Hells, I could take you for more of a ride than you're ready for, to judge by the look of you." She grins wolfishly. "Go on, Korriban, introduce us to your buddies."

There are pictures of Lialda, Falko, and Lidda, and a brief description of the Rosa, on Korriban's profile, for those of you haven't seen them! The imps from the beginning are asleep for a solid minute each, which should be enough time for you to decide how you want to deal with them out of initiative.

Draconic:
Be well, two-legs. We shall fly now.

DM Future Dice:

1d3 ⇒ 3


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

Teodor smashed them and sang the "Yooooooou're dead" song.

Later, at the brother. "Teodor Niculescu, priest of the end, and most assuredly an ally tonight, it is good to see I was right and that you all are well."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

As the group enters the Rosa, Korriban smiles. He's home. At Falko's question, Korriban nods. As his mother comes to him, he responds, "Yes, mother. Lamm is dead. There were a few close calls. But it could have been much worse if it wasn't for my friends."

He laughs hard at the sight of Lidda flirting with Adoros and the look on his face. He then calls out, "Be careful, Adoros! From what I hear from the customers, she's quite the little firecracker. I also heard from the customers that she has a tendency to bite." When he calms down, he says, "These are my friends. This is Imperia, a skilled wizard. Raina, who you might recognize from working here. Gadriel and Abu. Teodor, our cleric of Groteus. And, Lidda's current target, Adoros." He then turns to his group. "Guys, this is Falko, the head of security and vassal of the Balros family. Lidda, our resident bard and our ear. She gathers any important information for us. And this is my mother, Lialda Balros. Cleric of the Savored Sting and madame of the Rosa in Fiore."

He then turns to Lidda. "Speaking of which. There's some things I need information on, Lidda. First, I need any information on a group called the Five Fists. There was a tiefling member with Lamm and it seems they had interest in Imperia's sister. Second, I need to know who this ring originally belonged to. I wish to return it." He tosses the halfling the inscribed ring so she could get a better look at it.

He then turns to Lialda. "We came to make sure you were safe. With the city as it is..." He shakes his head of the bad thoughts. "We also came to drop off the loot we got from Lamm's place for safekeeping. We're going back out there. We have... a package to deliver that can't wait. Don't worry. If you could spare some healing, then we'd appreciate it."

He looks around. "By the way, did a woman named Pia stop by here? She was in trouble back at Lamm's and I told her to come here to seek refuge."

After that, Korriban takes all of the loot that he and Raina have and goes to his room. He places everything away, being sure to be careful with anything of value. The succubi statue, however, he places on his desk, like a decoration. Satisfied, he leaves his room, shutting the door, knowing that no one would go through his room without his permission. He then returns downstairs and says, "Are we ready to go?"

So, Korriban's placing all of the weighted loot that he has and that he gave Raina into his room. I'll mark it on my alias at Norv's next post.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel appears slightly overwhelmed by the number of people packed in the brothel. She stays close to the door, looking for easy escape from the crowd. When introduced, she nods shyly while Abu takes a bow from her shoulder. When Korriban inquires about the readiness to leave, she is all too quick to reply with a short. "We are."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Noticing Gadriel's nervousness, he walks over and gently says, "It's okay, Gadriel. They won't hurt you. Trust me."


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

"We know, but we have never been around so many before. Other than under Lamm. Then there were many, and suffering. We are... at odds around many." She looks around at everyone, still staying close to the door. "This is OK though. We are glad that Korriban's family is safe."


Male

Lidda snatches the ring out of the air as Korriban tosses it to her. "Man, Kor, you never bring me any pretty things just to be nice, y'know that?" She examines it briefly. "Hmmph. Not much to go on, but I'll see if I can find anything out. I'll keep an ear out for these 'Fists,' too, though the name sure isn't ringing any bells."

Lialda nods at what Korriban says about stowing their valuables, though her lips tighten when he mentions the possibility of leaving again. "Are you sure you must leave? The city is none too safe yet--it would be better by far for you all to spend the night here. At least wait until sunrise."

She doesn't mind the healing, though. Drawing you all into a circle, she joins your hands and murmurs briefly, "O Lady of the Savored Sting, grant us your mercy that we may continue in our mortal coil to know your joys and your sacred agonies. Give us the time for lust, for love, for joy, for sorrow, for pleasure, for pain, for betrayal, for vengeance. To you we turn--so mote it be." You all feel a tingling warmth flowing from Lialda, erasing bruises and sore muscles as it passes around the circle.

Everyone heals three hit points! Yay!

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

"Eww!" Raina gasps as the imp dissolves away in her hands, hurriedly shaking the gross gunk off of her hands. Even with the mess cleaned off, she still feels unclean, like some residual evil has left a stain behind. "Ugh. I'm gonna have to borrow your washroom or something, Korriban. That stuff was sick."

For once, she does not complain at Teodor's method of ending the sleeping imps. Little bastards deserved what was coming to them.

-*-*-*-

Safe arrival at the Rosa causes Raina to sigh in relief, although no doubt nearly as much as Korriban was. That the worst thing that happened to them on the way was getting caught in between a mob of pseudodragons and imps seemed to be something of a godsend. She nods at the guards and Falco himself, recognising many of them from her previous temporary work done here at the brothel.

"Hello," Raina says simply, feeling rather awkward amongst the workers at the Rosa, much as she did last time she was here. Not that she judged them for their work, really, merely that their... openness with sexuality left her feeling a little uncomfortable. Despite the woman's tough exterior... there were still some innocent things left about her after all.

She helps Korriban carry the loot back up to his room, commenting snidely as they go, although grinning as she does so: "Never thought I'd agree to going back to your room with you, Korriban."

Lialda's prayer-circle seems a little odd to Raina, but she can't complain of its effectiveness - the wound from the imp's sting heals right up. "Thank you, ma'am," she says afterwards, rubbing the now pinkish area of her skin that had just healed up. "But I don't think we can stay here. Imperia's sister is... being babysat right now, but we can't keep the babysitter waiting for too long."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smirks at Lidda as he takes back the ring. "Well, I'm sorry for being so negligent. If there's anything I can do to make it up, let me know. But I suppose this will be the start." He then tosses three gold sails at the halfling.

Minus 3 gp.

At Lialda's question, Korriban nods. "Yes. We have to go out there. This delivery is important. Besides, we left Imperia's sister with the woman who called us together. The sooner we can complete this job, the sooner she'll be safe."

When he comes back, he has the coin he found at in the cabinet at Lamm's. He divides it up among the 6 of them.

Everyone gets 2 gp in cp and sp. The total was 12 gp.

When we get some free time, we need to sort out who gets what in the loot. Raina has mentioned that we should return everything to the rightful owners. So, who wants what?

@Raina
At her awkwardness, Korriban can't help but smile at her. 'Aw, she does like to be an innocent woman after all. It's so adorable.'

At her comment about Korriban's room, he gives a playful smirk and his eyebrows waggle. "Well, I'm not complaining. Are you?"


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Raina said that, but I (OOC) realise there's not much chance of that :P So liquidating or otherwise handing them out is fine with me.

Korriban wrote:
At her comment about Korriban's room, he gives a playful smirk and his eyebrows waggle. "Well, I'm not complaining. Are you?"

"Not yet at least," Raina retorts with an eyeroll as she deposits the confiscated contraband wherever needed. "But I bet you wish it was Imperia up here instead!"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

At Raina's remark, Korriban stands ramrod straight, a deep crimson taking over his face. He then turns to the boxer, embarrassment obviously showing on his face. He asks timidly, "Is... is it that obvious that I like her?" After her answer, he continues to put the contraband away, making sure to hide any expensive valuables.

Congrats, Raina. You have done the impossible. You made Korriban embarrassed and insecure.

EDIT: Also, guys. Make sure you put down that you received 2 gp from Korriban.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel looks at the coins handed to her with a slightly shocked expression. She slowly places them in a tattered pouch, before grimacing and quickly pulling them back out. With a slightly sheepish grin she says "We forgot, Abu's dinner." Pulling Lamm's eye from the pouch, she hands it to the small monkey who quickly devours it. Smiling again, she returns the coinage to her pouch before looking up at Korriban. "When calmness returns, could we use these coins to buy a snack? Maybe candied pecans? We also liked the smell of roasted pheasant, and we have never tried it." She then looks over at Imperia, and her eyes get large as she glances down at herself before looking at Imperia again. "Or maybe something pretty! We don't like frilly silly, but we never had clothes like Imperia." Then in a whisper only Korriban can hear, she finishes her thoughts with "Abu thinks she is very pretty."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban smiles and pats Gadriel's head. "Of course we can! As a way to celebrate!"

At the mention of getting something pretty, Korriban gets an idea. He kneels down to her height. "I actually have something that'll make you pretty. I'll be right back." He then runs up to his room. He grabs a particular item and rushes back downstairs, keeping the item out of sight. He kneels down again. "Alright, Gadriel. Close your eyes." When she does so, he places his gift on her head. "All right. Open them." When the child opens her eyes, she looks and sees the miniature gold crown on her head. "That's yours now. You can do whatever you wish with it. Consider it a gift from me to you."

At her whisper, Korriban looks at the enchanting wizard. After a few moments of soaking in her beauty, Korriban snaps out of it and looks down, his face turning a deep crimson. In a whisper, he says, "Abu's right. Imperia's very pretty."


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel looks at the golden crown, then smiles. "We thank you. We like it. Abu says it is perfect." She continues smiling, seeming to be a bit more at ease in the large group as she replaces the crown on her long hair.


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

Imperia smiles and even offers a little bow when the pseudodragons take their leave after helping them defeat the gang of imps.

When the knocked-out imps are taken care of, she speaks a few words of power and points a delicate finger at each of her friends; in short order blood, sweat and disgusting ichor is removed from them, replaced by a faint smell of roses. "No reason to run around the city covered in filth and smelling like refuse, now is there?" - Imperia smiles to her companions, before getting ready to move on.

Prestidigitation comes to the rescue! ^_^

-------

Once inside the Rosa, and seeing how the place seems well-guarded and ready to repel any possible attack, Imperia finally lets her guard down and her nerves distend visibly, even if she remains a bit weary about her new surroundings.

It's with a mix of uncertainty and curiosity that she looks around the place, especially at the handful of women present in the room. When Korriban introduces her, she gives a tentative smile and a little curtsey - "Imperia Videlia Aspexia Winthrune. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

After Lialda uses her talents to heal the wounds of the newcomers, Imperia seems to finally regain her composure and thanks the generous woman profusely, both for the healing and her hospitality - "You have our deepest thanks lady Balros, your graciousness in our hour of need is a gift we won't forget. But as my friend just pointed out, there are matters we need to attend to, and we must be on our way as soon as possible." 'I just hope everything is okay with Celia... If something... No, no, she's fine, she's fine, everything is going to be fine...'

When Korriban and Raina get back and she's handed her share of the loot, she accepts with a little nod and pockets the gold.

Hearing Gadriel's exchange with Korriban, Imperia chimes in with a smile - "Hey little one, if you want when we have the time it'd be my pleasure to help you get some pretty clothes, my treat! Would you like that?" - she tells the young girl, trying to affectionately ruffle her hair a little bit.

'He's good with children...'


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

Gadriel raises an eye at the ruffling, not understanding the affection behind it. Yet you know just a short while ago the girl would have physically withdrawn from the contact. "We would like that. We have never had coins, we always wore what was not being used. Abu thinks we should try it, but we wouldn't know where to start. Can we still run in pretty? We always want to run, to feel free. Be free."


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Raina can't help but laugh at Korriban's discomfort, although it's clearly in a friendly rather than malicious manner. "Ahaha! Oh man, never seen you get so flustered before. Wow, you must really like her!" She flashes him a teasing grin, "I was just assuming you'd prefer a pretty little thing like her up here than some big brute like me. Hoo boy. You got it bad, don'tcha?"

The young boxer moves over to Korriban and roughly pats him on the shoulder. "Good luck, mate. But watch your step--girl's got a feisty side to her, least when it comes to her little sister. Could be walking on hot coals if you're not too careful."


Male Human (Chelish(Nobility)) Cavalier of the Cockatrice 4
Spoiler:
hp 40/40 // AC 18/T 12/FF 16 // F +7/R +3/W +1 // Init +3 // Perc +3

Back at the imps

Adoros wipes his blade clean of devil blood before resheathing it. He nods his thanks to the pseudodragons already winging away, "We'll return the favor some time."

At the Rose

The young Chelish man blushes at the sudden insinuations of the halfling, "Miss Lidda, I assure you my study of the employees of this establishment was completely in the name of sound tactical planning. Regardless, how could any such young women shine when such a bright flame as yourself sucks the very air from the room?" He gives the halfling a formal bow before moving on to the matron of the Rose.

"Madame Balros, I am Adoros... Porthis of Cheliax, though lately I've found Korvosa to my liking, the riots not included. It is an honor to be welcomed into your holdings and I hope we are not that cumbersome of a burden the short time we might need to prevail upon your good graces." Adoros gives a slightly deeper bown to Korriban's mother.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Gadriel
Korriban smiles. "Don't worry. We'll find you something you'll like. Something pretty and that will let you be free."

So, the miniature crown weighs one pound. Shouldn't slow Gadriel down. Be sure to write it on your alias. I just want to make sure we have all of our possessions.

@Raina
Raina's laughter and teasing only serves to make Korriban even redder. "Yeah. There's just something about her." He then playfully lightly punches her shoulder, a smirk on his face. However, the effectiveness is diminished by the redness of his face. "But, don't sell yourself short, Rai-Rai. I don't think you're a big brute. I'm sure there are guys out there that like strong women."

@Adoros
Korriban can only chuckle. "Yeah. Tactical planning. That's what you were doing. And what plans have you come up with?" At Adoros's compliment to Lidda, the rogue whistles in amazement. "Not bad. Keep that up and she'll never let you go."


Male

Lidda takes the coins Korriban offers her eagerly. "Ohoho! Big man Korriban got lucky tonight! Thanks for this, buddy. A girl's got to eat....and pay informants. You know how it goes."

When Adoros delivers his courtly compliment, she blinks, looking slightly stunned. "Well, uh...thanks, that's...that's quite a fancy tongue you got there." As Adoros moves on she mutters something to herself. Those standing nearby can just catch, "...wonder if it's good for anything other than..."

Lialda, for her part, watches the group's interactions--Korriban and Raina's camaraderie, Imperia and Korriban's care of Gadriel, Adoros's attempt at formality--with a look of mild wonder. "Well, you all seem to have established quite the...bond, for a group of people who met so recently. If you must leave, I won't stop you, though I will worry about you. May the Sting's favor go with you." As you prepare to leave, she catches Raina's arm and whispers, "You have the look of a trustworthy woman. Take care of my son." She meets your eyes fiercely, then gives you a nod and allows Falko to escort your group out.

By this point, it's an hour past midnight, and even Bridgefront has died down. The streets are nearly empty, especially since many of the popular all-night taverns in the area have their doors locked and barred in response to the riots. After you cross onto the mainland, you start to see more signs of life--you can hear the distant roar of rioters from the Hill, even at this time of night--but you are able to skirt any violence without too much difficulty, and arrive, exhausted, at Zellara's home in the dead of night.

Inside, you find the place much as you left it. Lighting some candles you find in the kitchen, you explore. It's a simple dwelling: the main room where you all met takes up most of the first floor, with a small hallway at the back leading to a kitchen and the stairs. Upstairs, you find two bedrooms, a room that seems to once have been a study, and a small lavatory. The first bedroom contains a bed large enough to sleep two, as well as a closet, dresser, and mirror; it also has, in one corner, a small shrine, little more than an altar with a burnt candle and an incense holder sitting on it. The panel that frames the altar is decorated with a green spiral, on the edge of which balance, in a triangle formation, three circles.

In the smaller bedroom is a single bed, on which you find Celia, fast asleep. She's tossing and muttering slightly when you first enter, but then sighs and lies still. The window next to her is open, giving access to the roof and a view of the river.

The study contains little more than a desk, a couch, and some bookshelves, on which sit a few old tomes.

Knowledge (Religion) 12:
The symbol on the shrine is the holy symbol of Korada, an agathion and Empyreal Lord.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

The quiet house has a pronounced effect on Gadriel as she suddenly yawns, softly mimiced by the curled up monkey in her arms. "We are tired. Abu is sleepy too. We think we should sleep." She heads to the window in Celia's room and starts to crawl through. Halfway through, she stops and turns to everyone. In a whisper, either to not wake the sleeping sister or because she's uncomfortable speaking the words, she says "Abu hopes... we hope... that everyone will be here when the sun rises." She then swings out onto the roof to find a spot to curl up with Abu, the vestiges of a tired smile still visible on her face.


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Lidda
Korriban shrugs and smirks. "What can I say? I may not work as a prostitute. But I can still earn my keep. It's just pure skill."

@Lialda
Korriban gives one last hug to his mother. "I'll be back soon. Don't worry."

I never did receive an answer to my question about Pia.

When the group arrives at Zellara's...
Korriban yawns as well. 'Long and eventful day today.' At Gadriel's hopes, Korriban smiles and whispers, "Of course we'll be here. We're friends. We stick together no matter what." After Gadriel goes to the roof, Korriban turns to the others and whispers, "Should each of us take up a night shift?"


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

[B]"Hee hee ...oh how lovely! To watch another dream ...I'll take the first watch."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

Korriban looks at Teodor with an uneasy smile. "Just don't go swing that flail at us while singing the You're Dead song while we sleep. Okay?"


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

At some point before he goes to bed, Korriban silently makes his way to the roof. Seeing the young girl and monkey asleep, he can't help but smile. He then does the one thing he thought he would never do. He takes off his trench coat and carefully lays it over the two, turning it into a makeshift blanket. He sits next to them, just staring out at the city, pondering what'll happen next. After a while, he turns to the two and whispers, "Good night, you two." He then makes his way back into the house as silently as he left.


Female Human Witch 3
Stats:
hp 7/20 | AC 16 | FF 14 | T 12 | CMD 12 | F+2 / R+4 / W+3 | Init +2 | Per +5

The girl sleeps soundly, the cold night breeze swirling her hair around. In her arms, curled into a tiny ball of fur the strange monkey makes a sort of odd snoring sound. As Korriban lowers his coat, neither seem to notice, though he could swear the corners of the small girls mouth twitched upwards as his gesture gently intrudes on her dreams. Nothing stops the snoring sounds from Abu, yet as Korriban turns and heads back he can feel the yellow glowing eyes burning into his back. No feel of malice, or cloud of dark luck lowers over him. Just a shiver in his spine that reminds him that some dark force looks over the child, and its trust may be harder to earn than the girls.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"You never let me do anything!"


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

@Korriban (before leaving),

Raina laughs in return, although perhaps a little ruefully this time. "I'm not betting on it. But whatever. C'mon--let's get back out there."

-*-*-

Just as the young boxer picks up her bag and readies herself to leave, Lialda pulls her aside and whispers in her ear. The fierceness in the mistress' voice was somewhat surprising to Raina, something she'd very rarely experienced herself; indeed, it reminded her a little of Imperia earlier that day... right when she'd shot the men dead at point-blank range. In that moment, she'd judged Imperia quite harshly; and yet, right now, she felt that Lialda--a rather pleasant woman, at least judging by the brief time she'd known her--would probably do the same thing in similar circumstances. A strange thought... not one Raina was particularly comfortable with. Is this what family does to a person...?

In an instant, the thought is gone, and Raina gently places a comforting hand on Lialda's. "I'll do my best. Hard to keep him out of trouble, though." She offers the older woman a smile before following the rest out of the Rosa.

-*-*-

"Ugh," Raina grunts as they arrive back at Zellara's home, unceremoniously slumping into a chair and letting some of the stress from being out late amidst the riots drop off of her - finally. "Today's been... big. Way too big."

Looks like just about everyone was getting ready to sleep; that was probably a very good idea. Raina yawns and stretches widely. "Yeah, I think one person awake during the night would be a good idea. Too dangerous out there not to." She arches an eyebrow and looks around at the adults in the room, "But the question is... who gets the double bed?"


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"There are no beds in Lord Almighty Groetus' world, the last world where we will be reunited one day."


Male Human (Varisian) hp 45/56 | AC 22/T 17/FF 15 | CMD 22 | Fort +4 | Ref +7 [+8 v traps] | Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 to locate traps) | SM +17

@Gadriel
Korriban feels that shiver and shakes a bit. He thinks to himself, 'I suppose this is my life now. At least it won't be boring.'

@Teodor
Korriban just rolls his eyes and says, "Calm down. Come tomorrow, there'll be plenty of times you can sing the You're Dead song. No guarantees, though."

@Raina/Everyone
Korriban thinks for a moment. He looks to Imperia for a moment before looking down and shaking his head, as if regaining his composure. He says, "I think Raina and Imperia should take the bed. I can make due with the floor or a chair." The now coatless Korriban makes his way to the study. But not before stopping and turning back to the others. "Well, have a good night guys. Pleasant dreams. Wake me when it's my shift." He then makes his way to the study. He finds a chair and pulls it up to the desk. He then removes his bandana and his hair tie. He shakes his head, letting his hair come out of its confines. He then removes his armor and places it on the desk. His rapier is now leaning on one of the sides of the desk, still within reach. With half of his face obscured by his now wild, long hair, he sits down, places the bandana and hair tie on the desk, props his feet up, and drifts to sleep.


M Human (Ustalavian) Cleric of Groetus 3/Slum Shaman 1/Evangelist of Groetus 5

"There ARE no guarantees ...but death. Hee hee hee!"


Female Human Brawler 2
Spoiler:
HP: 22/22 // AC: 15 (16 CE), touch: 12 (13 CE), flat-footed: 13 // Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +1 // Init: +2 // Perception: +6

Raina eyes Imperia sidelong for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I think that's safest. Wake me when it's my shift, a'ight?" She waves vaguely at the rest of the room, yawning as she plods off to the double bed.

"Sorry in advance if I toss and turn," Raina says offhandedly to Imperia as she begins to strip off her armour. Below the chain shirt and jacket, the wrestler wears little more than a black tank-top and knee-length brown pants. Imperia might be able to notice a long, deep scar that runs from her right shoulder diagonally down towards her chest, as well as a number of others running up her arms. "I'm... prone to nightmares," she explains weakly, kicking off her boots and carefully removing her fingerless gloves.

Flopping back onto the bed, Raina sighs, running her fingers through her short-cropped hair and rubbing her eyes. "Damn... this was a helluva day..." she mumbles, already feeling sleep come to take her.


Female Human (Chelish) Conjurer (Teleportation Focused School) 2
Quick Stats:
Init +8 | AC 12, t 12, ff 10 (16/12/14 Mage Armor) | 14/14 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Perception +3

As soon as the group gets back, Imperia hurries upstairs to check on her sister, and sighs in relief when she finds her peacefully asleep. Smiling down on the sleeping girl, Imperia gently strokes her hair and gives her a light kiss on the forehead, careful not to wake her, then joins the others in the large bedroom.

When Gadriel climbs out of the window, Imperia is about to stop the young witch to try and make her sleep in one of the beds, but before she can utter a word the girl is gone. She does take notice when Korriban makes his way to the roof as well to give Gadriel his coat, and gives him a wide smile and an approving nod when he gets back - "That was very thoughtful of you... You are a good man, Korriban, you know that?" - obviously moved by the gesture.

As the sleeping arrangements are discussed, Imperia looks at the others for a moment, before offering her solution - "Well, there is really no need to do guard shifts. You see, back at the Acadamae it would've been very... Unsavory, shall we say? To sleep without proper precautions, and my familiar Rutilus has helped in all these years by guarding me at night..." - At the mention of her familiar, Imperia tugs at her cloak in a peculiar fashion, and not a moment later her large scorpion familiar emerges from the folds of her mantle and climbs his way to Imperia's shoulder - "If you want, he could easily keep watch all night for us, then get his sleep during the day. Gods know he is used to it!" - she states, affectionately scratching the large scorpion's carapace. For his part, Rutilus squirms happily under his mistress' ministrations, enjoying the attention.

Gracefully accepting the offer to sleep in the large bed with Raina, Imperia bids goodnight to the others, climbs into the bed, and peacefully falls asleep.

Even if the others refuse her offer (maybe they don't trust Rutilus not to pinch them to death in their sleep? xD), Imperia delegates her guard duties to her familiar. He will roam all night between the two bedrooms (and even the roof, since apparently the thing has +7 climb! :o) to make sure everyone is fine. If he senses something wrong, he immediately awakens Imperia through their empathic link.

This was one heck of a day! Now I wonder what shall the future bring... ^_^

351 to 400 of 5,161 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dying City: DM Norv's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.