The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


201 to 250 of 2,042 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Acrobatics +7, so it's automatic for me.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Seeing the narrow ledge, Spitter doesn't hesitate and moves quite quickly and confidently down and around the corner. His voice drifts from around the corner.

"What is taking you pink-skins so long?"


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Maellyra taps against the iron maiden lightly. "Don't struggle in there. You'll hurt yourself." Following the others down the winding passages, the witch asks, "What do you plan to do with him once we've finished here?"

Maellyra answers the monk with a shake of her head before making her way across the narrow ledge after Spitter. She missteps once, treading on the ragged fabric of her dress, but she manages to right herself before she falls into the strange sludge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Phew...


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Our friends in armor may need a bit of help," says Leng. "Anyone? No rope anywhere? Not even among the trappings of this torture chamber?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

In response to Leng's question about rope, Spitter just looks at him funnily and waggles his vestigial wings.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

I have a hemp rope, Leng, and will help whoever needs


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

After shoving the little devil into it's new prison, Pavo went and retrieved his net from the metal bull. He folded it up before placing it back on his waist and followed the others through the hidden door.

"Yeah, I got some rope too. Handy stuff to have, lots of uses. Fun at parties even" Pavo said with a sly grin.


Only Maellyra has any trouble with the slimey ledge, but she is able to make it without falling into the sludge. The group finds the hallway to be winding, long, and dark. Finally, a massive door can be seen. A small, barred window pierces the iron door at the end of this hall, revealing a plain, ten-foot-square room with a windowless iron door on the opposite wall beyond. A simple lock protects this door.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Updated Map

Spitter looks at the plain door.

"Probably trapped. Trust me, my kind love traps."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Spitter:
The door itself is completely normal, and you are unable to find any signs that the lock or door itself is trapped. When you peer into the chamber beyond the door you notice small grooves and a horizontal split through the masonry in the floor. The sort of signs that signal a trapdoor of some sort. It is definitely not of kobold design. You do not, however, see how it is triggered, or any means to disable it from here.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"Well that's clever. The trap's inside the door."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Looking at the door itself from over Spitter's shoulder, Pavo shrugged. "Eh, I've seen humans put traps in any place they think is valuable. Why, I once knew a guy who trapped his...nevermind, not important" he finished as he caught Maellrya out of the corner of his eye.

"Here, why don't you let me go first."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Pavo sees nothing to back up Spitter's comment about a trap, but does see that the lock on the door has not survived the centuries too well, not to mention it is an archaic design. As a result, they would be easy locks to pick. Of course, he also notices that they look the same as the cell door locks.

The key does in fact work and Pavo steps into the unlocked chamber to approach the second locked door. A booming voice suddenly fills the air, "Please close the door before proceeding with the pass phrase."

Initiative not needed, but combat mode for a minute here. Everyone can take a normal combat action...


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Whispering so as not to be attempting to answer the voice's question, Spitter looks around the room.

"Pass-Phrase? Dragon Poop! Do you see anything written down here?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

The only thing written I remember was on that torture chamber. I bet the cursed devil botfly knew about this pass phrase. - said the Paladin, approaching Spitter.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Looking around for clues


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra looks at Pavo with one pale, barely there eyebrow crooked in confusion. The man seemed to her to have a habit of leaving half-told anecdotes unfinished or making her think his words carried double meanings. It was enough to drive her crazy with curiosity -- if she hadn't gotten the sense she was somehow better off not knowing.

Turning back to the task at hand, Maellyra says, "Confession cleanses the soul, pain clarifies the mind," repeating the phrase on the plaque for the benefit of others, though she is uncertain if that is the pass phrase that will satisfy the disembodied voice. "Assuming that an incorrect phrase will trigger the trap, is anyone willing to step inside and guess at the pass phrase?"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng shrugs. "I can try."


Was waiting on Pavo, will give him a little before just sort of guessing what he might do and moving on. I will not attempt one of his "setting up a dirty anecdote" dialogue though, lol.

Does that mean Leng will step into the room also (Pavo is already standing just beyond the door) and attempt Maellyra's suggestion?


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Map shows room is still covered(black). Can we move into it then?


Yes, though you cannot see through the far door's window without actively going to look. Once in the room, someone could attempt to disarm it since they would have access.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Nodding at Maellyra, Pavo shut the door and began "Confession cleanses the soul, pain clarifies the mind."

He crouched down in a defensive posture expecting the worst.

Well this should be interesting, or get me killed...or both.


A loud crack reverberates through the chamber and down the hall. It is followed by a sound rather like chains being dragged across stone. The floor has not yet dropped, but the floor is starting to rattle.

Yet. Everyone can take a second round's worth of actions.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Professional curiosity pulls Spitter into the room with the pink-skin called Pavo.

"You are braver than most pink-skins."


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Yes, Leng will go with Pavo.

"I think we better run for it!"


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"Hmm." Maellyra's pale eyes can be seen through the barred window of the door, flitting back and forth as she looks for any telling changes in the trapped room. Though she seems unconcerned by the direness of the situation, her mind works to puzzle out other possible passphrases the disembodied voice could want. She sharply shushes Leng and Spitter, worried that the room might interpret their talk as more incorrect attempts and activate whatever trap was waiting. When nothing appears to happen, Maellyra suggests, "Try 'Good Baron Sarvo wills it'. The spirit seemed to think that was some sort of pass phrase."


The moment Maellyra sapeaks there is another loud clanking sound. Leng, Spitter, and Pavo all feel the floor beneath them cease vibrating. Both doors swing open.

A single iron lever protrudes from the wall next to the door in this otherwise empty chamber's west wall. To the east, a ten-foot-wide hallway curves to the north.

A four armed, three legged clockwork creature stands at the end of the hall, where the corridor turns. Beside it is a key hovering still in the air.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter brandishes his small staff in a defensive posture.

"Dragon poop!"


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

That... Is something. - says the Paladin, looking at the clockwork creature, as he steps in with the others.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

With a head nod towards Shayn, Pavo replied to Spitter. "He's the brave one. I'm just the one that doesn't know any better." With a shrug, he readied his trident and slowly began to encroach upon the guardian and it's key.

"Say, what do you think this key unlocks? I got a feeling that it ain't no treasure vault."


A few moments after Pavo crosses the threshold into the hallway, the clockwork sentry's eyes glow a bright red. "Please present crest for passage," says a tinny, harmonica like voice generated by small bellows in the machine.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter runs a small claw over his head.

"Crest? I don't have a crest. Now my cousin, Wiggletooth Snagscale, HE had a crest...strangely enough he could wiggle that too."


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra shakes her head at Spitter's misunderstanding. "No, I think it means the plaque in the other room. The one with the inscription," she says, holding her hands in an approximation of the size of the crest. She throws a glance back the way the came, and when she turns back to face the group, it's clear from the set of her lips that she isn't keen on crossing the moat of suspicious green sludge a second time. Stepping closer, the witch studies the construct in an attempt to understand the magic that powers it.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


What M Knows:
This creature is a clockwork servant, a construct made of gears, springs, and magic which usually has no true intelligence and awareness, though legends insist some are truly alive. Most are designed to fulfill a specific purpose, commonly these particular clockworks excel at repairing other clockworks, though this one seems to be intended to guard the passage ahead. Like all constructs, they are extremely durable, however these clockwork servants are vulnerable to electrical attacks.

The sound of turning gears and pnuematics fill the air and the clockwork creature moves to take a defensive posture, it's three legs planted on the stone floor in a way that makes it look unmovable. "You have five seconds to comply. 5...4..."


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn pulls ahead, keeping his sword out, assuming a defensive position towards the party.

Maybe one of you could seek this plaque Maellyra is talking about? - the paladin says - This thing seems to be waking up, or whatever it does. I never saw something like it before. Anyone has any clues?

He completes looking at the witch, assuming the contraption is magic.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spiter begins backing up from the thing and yells out.

"Somebody! Quick! Go get that crest she mentioned! I can't reach it myself!"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng leaps to respond and races to get to the crest.

I should be able to make the Acrobatics check without a roll.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra backs away from the construct as it begins counting down, letting Shayn interpose himself between her and the contraption. "It's a clockwork servant, a construct of machinery and magic. It has a weakness to lightning, but little else." Not for the first time, Maellyra regrets suggesting that they kill that little storm cloud. As Leng, races back to retrieve the crest, Maellyra tells the rest of the group, "These are simple constructs, built to carry out a specific task. If we were to leave the room, it might deactivate again."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"Dragon Gold! The Voice in Thunder was right to send me to help you pink-skins!"

At this, Spitter pulls free a hand from his staff, and weaves his fingers and speaks in draconic. His hand sparking, hand now clutched as if holding something back, Spitter smiles almost evilly at the clockwork contruct.

Readied action in case it attacks!:
Lighting Arc RTA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage (Electrical): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


"3..2..1...None are permitted beyond, the Good Baron Sarvo Wills it!" The almost musical voice completes the countdown. It takes no aggressive action, instead just standing ready to defend the hallway.

The echo of Leng running fades into the distance and everyone is still for a long moment, staring at the mechanical guard for a few tense minutes. The silence is broken by the sound of gears again turning and air pressure being released as it loosens into a more relaxed stance. "Resetting," it says as it returns to it's previous position at the corner of the passage, red eyes fading back to black. The floating key moves and enters the back of the clockwork man and begins turning, winding up the parts within.

Leng's running is again heard from down the long corridor, though slightly changed in pace and gait as the heavy Sarvo crest is a awkward and encumbering.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Assuming that the crest makes me set to medium encumbrance, that gives a -3 penalty on my Acrobatics check, which means I can now fail it. And I do, of course.


That's an excellent point.

Leng:
The crest makes it difficult to balance properly on the slick ledge, causing you to slip into the muck. Luckily, it is not very deep. It is, however, caustic. The fumes make your nose run and your eyes water. As you slog your way out and back to safety, you notice several chemical burns where the goo had been on your skin for too long. 1 point of acid damage, but not other ill effects.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Oof! Ow ow ow! This thing is awkward," says Leng as he arrives again with the crest.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Here, let me help with that" Pavo said as he rushed over.

"So what do we do with this thing? Throw it at that giant foot stool?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Letting his magic ebb, Spitter gestures toward the construct.

"Just show it. The monstrosity has a head, and can therefore see I would think."


GM Stuff:
GP: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
GS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The key finished winding the construct back up and returned to it's stationary location about four feet from the ground.

When approached, the automaton is triggered. It's eyes light again it requests that you, "Please present crest for passage.".

The red eyes seem to examine it for a few seconds before the bellows pumps and the guardian speaks again. "Welcome, Good Baron Sarvo." The glow in the eyes fades again and the creature is inert.

Around the corner a massive iron door blocks the way to the next room, fortunately, it bears the same lock all the doors hidden in this dungeon have, so the jailer's key from the iron maiden unlocks it.

The room beyond features an area along the south wall that is enclosed in a cage of thick iron bars that extend from floor to ceiling. Within the enclosure sit seven black iron chests. To the north, the stone wall has collapsed, revealing a rough-hewn tunnel.

Knowledge (Engineering) DC 12:
The hole in the wall was not caused by the collapse, it was purposefully dug.

Perception DC 12:
There are two slots in the floor flanking the iron cage. They are maybe a half inch wide and two or three inches long.

Perception DC 23:
A humanoid form lurks in the rubble of the tunnel, watching everyone.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

With the desrcrption of the room, I went ahead and moved us in on the map.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"Look, some sort of odd holes on the floor there...keyholes perhaps?"


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Thanks! I have a bad habit of forgetting to do that outside of combat. =\

Maellyra breathes a quiet sigh of relief as the construct stands down. The witch had not been looking forward to finding out what it was programmed to do to trespassers. "Nicely done." Turning back to Leng and Pavo, she asks, "One of you is going to hold onto that, yes?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

In the next room, Maellyra doesn't notice the slots in the floor until Spitter points them out. Crouching down next to the kobold, Maellyra runs her fingers over one of them. "This keyhole is too large to be a fit for the key we found..." Too big to be a fit for any sort of key the witch had ever come across. Unless... Maellyra pulls the mithral dagger from her belt and examines the notches on the blade with sudden new insight. "When is a dagger not a dagger?" Carefully, so as not to scratch the precious metal should her theory prove wrong, the witch tries to slide the dagger into the slot on the ground.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Shayn walks with the group and, like Spitter, notices the holes on the floor. However, he makes no connection with the holes being keyholes. The paladin looks with curiosity as the witch tries to use the dagger on the holes - imagining the creativity of his companions was really truly inspiring.

Very non-intelligent paladin :)


Maellyra, clearly missing her calling as a tomb raider, finds that the daggers fit the slots well. The notches along the flat make sense now, since those daggers double as keys.

Once both are turned, there is a loud KERCHUNK followed by a sound of metal grinding against stone. The cages recede into the floor.

In the interest of moving the almost-end of this section along, I am rolling perception for Pavo and Leng.

Pavo Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Leng Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

With everyone distracted by the cage and treasure, a foul smelling humanoid form charges from the shadows, aiming for Shayn!

Bite w/partial charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Conf.: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7 DC 13 Fortitude saves, one for paralysis and one for disease.
Rnds Paralyzed on fail: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Init Rolls:

Leng Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Maellyra Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Pavo Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Shayn Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Spitter Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ghoul Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Surprise round over, Leng and Pavo act before the ghoul on normal combat round 1.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Paralysis
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Disease

Playing with a Ghoul Paladin would be awesome! :P I still need some levels to be immune to disease! :P

201 to 250 of 2,042 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.