The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


451 to 500 of 1,997 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

"Rougarou." he counters, notably irritated.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Deputy Lethe, constantly nodding off in a corner of The Wise Piper's common room before jolting himself awake, suddenly stands at attention as Arnholde Devy enters.

The Baroness' son ignores the deputy to walk over to where everyone is. "My apologies, but mother was not feeling well this morning and asked me to meet with you on her behalf." He takes a letter out of his belt, sealed with the Devy family signet, offering it to the whoever takes it.

He double-takes upon seeing Ro'gram in his human form. "Uh, you are not Sir Shayn. Excuse me, I am Arnholde Devy," he bows and offers Ro'gram his hand.

The letter is short and to the point and specifies that she is granting authority to Arnholde to act as though he were her.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Nodding at the young man, Spitter smiles.

"You are the pink-skin chieftain's first born? You speak with her voice here? I can accept that."


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

"I am Ro'gram. Representing some of the... local nature-dwelling residents." Ro'gram replies, looking at his hand for a second before pursing his lips and reaching out and shaking his hand. "I hope you understand that some preventative measures need be taken to prevent panic."

The illusion won't hide the feeling of fur on my hands. he recognized as he shook the man's hand. but if he is indeed the representative of his leader...

"I am a friend of the Kells, and I seek to help while they are unavailable." he explains.


Arnholde looks confused for a moment, and glances at his and Ro'gram's clasped hands, but quickly regains his composure and returns the handshake with a firm single pump. "Welcome to Belhaim, Ro'gram. The Kells are...unavailable?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

Draconic:
"Yes, Master Spitter, for the moment I speak with mighty chieftain's voice."

He grins knowing that his Draconic is far better than his mother's. Taking a seat, Arnholde gets straight to the point. "After consulting with the Sheriff, the Baroness agrees that a more formal arrangement with the Blood Vow kobolds is needed. Because of the recent incident, we are concerned that our representatives could be met with violence. Because of the risk, Lady Devy is offering fifteen quality amethyst gems appraised at roughly one hundred gold sovereigns apiece to undertake this mission. We hope for peace. In fact, I personally believe that there may be value to forming an economic partnership with the tribe."


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

"Yes, the Kells are unavailable. I hope to join them once more clues as to their new location come up." he answers.

At the end of his offer, he nods. "I am a trapper by trade. I should be able to help 'defuse' any traps the kobolds laid as part of their misintended 'hostilities'."


Arnholde nods. "Trade, huh? You might want to talk to some of the ranchers. The wolves in the hills have been getting aggressive lately and they're offering a bounty," he says off-handedly.

"In any case, Lady Devy is granting you total authority in handling the kobold situation."

He leans back from the table, looking around. "Talia? Could you bring me some of that coffee?"


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

How much time do I have left on my illusion? Whether I stay for coffee or not depends on that I guess.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Acting very serious now, Spitter looks a little guarded at the man.

"You wish to 'talk' to the tribe? I hope you understand that while it would be my fervent wish to help in such an endeavor, MOST kobold chiefs would be very reluctant to trust a pink-skin. Especially a rival pink-skin chieftain. I am not saying it is impossible...but you would have to offer something that gives the chieftain or the tribe an enormous advantage of some sort: Money, power, magic...something! Even then, there are no guarantees."

Looking very serious at the man for a moment, Spitter then looks around atthe rest of the gathering.

"You must know that it is in every kobold's nature to be to be cautious and bloodthirsty to protect the tribe. The tribe is ALL. The tribe is life! Chieftains are usually the most powerful kobold in a tribe and guard that jealously. Weak ones are replaced quickly."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Well if they won't talk to us, maybe they'll talk to you Spitter. Maybe this is why your thunder God brought you here...or maybe it was for the spank-cakes" Pavo said with a grin.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter smiles like a hungry crocodile at Pavo's words.

"Delicious as the spank-cakes are, my guess is this IS part of why I was brought to your pink-skin tribe. The Voice in Thunder is not always clear, but he is LOUD sometimes. Note however...I am not of this tribe. I will only have slightly better status among these green-scales than the rest of you would. My wings, small though they are, might actually give me a little respect too. But that could just be my hope speaking. There is a saying among kobolds: 'Every tribe is different and every tribe is the same.' Whatever happens, we should be justifiably cautious."


Ro'gram wrote:
How much time do I have left on my illusion? Whether I stay for coffee or not depends on that I guess.

Since it is more cosmetic than anything else at the moment, you don't have to worry too much about counting the exact time remaining so long as you don't push it too much. That is, you could afford to enjoy a hot coffee, but you would pretty much need to find cover soon afterward or use the other charge.

"Do you think a project proposal, and negotiating for mining rights should the proposal be accepted, something a kobold tribe would find advantageous? Many townsfolk believe we should undertake a project to drain and dredge the swamps in the Fen to recover the old mines. I think the kobold expertise in mining could make both Belhaim and the Blood Vows very wealthy."

Talia brings a carafe of hot coffee as well as fresh cream and a bowl of sugar cubes. Her eyes linger on Ro'gram for a moment as she retreats from the table.


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
I don't think Ro'gram picks up on her intentions.

After she's gone, he turns to look at the group. "I think the server has seen through my disguise." he whispers. "I should go."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter shrugs and pick sup the cream and starts drinking it straight. He then wipes a mustache away unknowingly before speaking again.

"Anything is possible. Trust is the hard part. You will have to earn it from the chief or the tribe somehow. Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to kill the chief and replace him with a puppet ruler..."

Spitter sees all the pink-skins staring at him suddenly. He waves them away with a small clawed hand.

"NO. I'm not suggesting that. Or volunteering for that either. I'm just saying that's the easiest way to do it from my current perspective. I really need to talk to a green-scale from the tribe itself before I can surmise much more really."


"Well, that is our best bargaining chip. Be careful. My moth-Lady Devy has found your arrival to be fortuitous, and I agree with her. Please, return safely." Arnholde stands and walks past the Deputy, still standing at attention. "Thank you, Talia," he says to the Innkeeper on his way out the door.

Lethe drops into his chair. He takes off his helmet and rubs his hands through his hair before yawning.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Maellyra spends a few moments studying Talia's body language and coy glances before answering Ro'gram. "I think you misread her intentions. But I suppose your females signal their interest in other ways?"

"Nevertheless," she continues, waving away the answer before he can give it. "We should all be going. Does anyone need to buy anything before we leave?"


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"I've got enough weapons to open my own shop, but I could use some better armor" Pavo said as he looked at himself.

"A nice chain shirt should do me well I should think."


Deputy Mulle arrives as shopping discussions are being discussed. She is damp from the drizzle and takes extra time to wipe the mud from her boots before walking on Talia's well-swept floor. "Everything alright, Lethe?"

He nods in response. "Yeah, all fine. You just missed Lord Devy," he says while grabbing his helmet and checking his gear.

She looks a little confused, then shrugs. "Pavo, if you're looking for new armor, we have two smiths in town. I believe Chance Smithy would be your best bet. Sensina Hides does the watch uniforms, if you want leather."


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"I would like to visit the alchemist's," Maellyra mentions in case any of the group might need something from there. Turning to the deputies, she asks, "Is there someone in town who sells magical scrolls?"

I might have missed the mention of it somewhere, but does our group know where the kobolds' den is?

DM Dickie:
Part of the brief concept I put forward when I first applied was that Maellyra was saved from being run out of Belhaim by the alchemist. I didn't know if you wanted that to be Xemnes or not.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

The townsfolk seem to know of the tribe, so I'm guessing they know where they are in general at least. Also, in the bottom of the tower is an escape tunnel. My guess it leads somewhere close, if not directly too their lair. We could also just ask...

Spitter yawns and scratches his scaled head again. Turning to Mulle and Lethe he asks the obvious question.

"Do you pink-skins know where the green scales lair around here? It would generally be underground in the most cases. Although I've heard of one tribe of green-scales that made a fortress in some large trees many years ago."

Spitter will accompany Maellyra to the alchemist, if she doesn't mind. He needs to get a anew healers kit and see if he can preserve this centipede poison he managed to collect.


Maellyra:
Actually, Xemne of Demgazi would work perfectly. The name suggests she is an immigrant, her alignment would make her prone to getting involved, and she is described as gregarious. Plus, she is actually a classed alchemist (the module gives about that much information on all NPCs, it is actually fun making them up on the fly).

"Well, Hunclay was the only wizard in town. As far as I know, at least," Lethe responds to Maellyra.

"The temple and shrine, maybe." Mulle adds. "Delbin's? Doesn't seem likely, but she has some unusual things."

Lethe smirks and glances sideways at his partner when Spitter mentions the kobold tribe. He overheard the conversation, while Mulle was baffled. He steps toward the door. "Have fun with that, Mulle. She can show you the path. I'm going to sleep. Good night, folks!"

The female deputy stands confused before turning as pale as Maellyra. "Uh, I don't...I don't think I...that is, my special assignment, I think, the town, you know? I think it ends at the town...um...You know, Lady Devy, she said Spitter...I mean, you are adventurers, you know? I am more protecting the citizens, so that Spitter does not have to, you know? Hurt anyone? You know?"

She takes a deep breath and holds it for a few moments. "I can show you the way, no one knows where exactly they live, but..." She immediately starts to lose control of her speech again at the thought of being on an expedition to a potentially hostile tribe of kobolds.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Rolling his eyes, Spitter let's the poor woman off the hook.

"Relax pink-skin! Just point the way. I'm pretty confident I can find them on my own after that."


The human woman takes a moment to regain her composure. She finally clears her throat and apologizes. "I have been in fights, who hasn't on the watch? But breaking up a fist fight between two farm hands at Grayhands is hardly dangerous. Maybe a broken bottle or knife comes out, furniture might be thrown, but that is about as far as it goes."

She takes a seat looking humiliated. "Talia? Could I have a cup of tea, please? The Old Quarry Road runs east of town toward the flooded quarry. The road is little more than a trail, and the quarry is only about a half mile away. Hard to believe they live so close and yet we have never had much conflict."

I set the Roll20 map to show the general location of the flooded quarry. Not an exciting map overall, but just so you know.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Don't fret las. We just need a guide to get us to where we're going. Once we're there, you can feel free to turn back. We won't let anything bad happen to you. Besides, the last thing we want to do is deprive the town of the best guard they got" Pavo said with a wink and a grin.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Besides, if they live that close and have never been trouble, that's a good sign! They probably don't want to start anything now," adds Leng.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

DM Dickie:
Sounds good! I'm glad it works out neatly. =)

Maellyra nods her thanks to Mulle and Lethe. It might not have been the definitive answer she had hoped for, but it was more helpful than she had expected from the nice, if unlearned pair. "Likely or not, I would like to meet this Delbin after we visit Xemne to see what they have to offer."

Maellyra rises from her seat just as Mulle takes hers and orders a cup of tea. "No time for that. Spitter and I were just on our way to Xemne's." For what it's worth, the witch does look slightly contrite at having to deny the shaken deputy a moment's rest. Maybe. "Spitter, are you ready?"

Of course, if anyone else wants to tag along, you're more than welcome to.


Mulle swallows her frustration in an attempt to regain her professionalism and stands ready to perform her duty. Talia hurries over with a topped clay mug, whispering to Mulle to return it later.

Xemne's shop lies across the street from The Wise Piper. Her shop is well lit and clean. The herbalist's shop is filled with a variety of interesting scents. Nothing unpleasant, but everything unusual.

Entering the front of the shop through a curtained door is a beautiful woman with dark hair, eyes, and skin. "Ah, my opposite!" the woman screams excitedly. "So good to see you are well, sister! Found anything new in the forest?" Her accent sounds like a blend between Taldan and Qadiran. "And the rumors are true! You have made friends!" She leans in close and whispers, "And a good strategy, now you are not the oddest one in town." She throws her head back with a hearty laugh.

"I do not mean offense, my small draconic friend! Please, come in! Let me offer you some water!"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Seemingly taken aback and perplexed by this female pink-skin's antics and attitude, Spitter's demeanor immediately improves as soon as she refers to him as 'draconic.'

He nods with a toothy smile.

"Greetings happy pink-skin! My name is Spitter Snagscale in your language. My compatriot and I have come to discuss some business..."

He then flutters his emaciated wings in order to show them off a bit.

After some water and a bit of chit-chat...Spitter will reveal his need for a new healing kit, and someone who can help him to preserve the centipede poison he's collected.


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;

Ro'gram will confirm directions with the guard. Turning to the group he says "I will wait for you on the edge of town in that direction. I'll see if i can glean any information from the immediate area."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Ro'gram heads north along Devy Road, the scent of cattle and sheep strong in the light drizzle. Few others are on the road, and those who are mostly ignore the disguised Rougarou, the others give a nod. The greeting of the busy, but basically polite, passerby.

Nearing the treeline, the scent of forest mixes with that of the rain. Animals and birds are subdued in their play and forage, almost as if the world was told to just take it easy today.


Xemne continues to provide ample amounts of compliments and refreshments, with total earnestness. One has the feeling that if you spilled something on your clothes, she would immediately remove hers and insist you take them.

At the moment she is friendly towards the both of you, so she would buy/sell based on book value. If either of you would like to make a Diplomacy (DC 11) check to try and improve her attitude, feel free. Remember that failing by 5 or more results in a negative shift. Maybe wait and see if Pavo is there too? :P

"Ah! Look at the size of those sacs! Indeed, friend Spitter, I have some knowledge of handling and processing poisons! Many double as a treatment when used in the right doses! These must be processed soon if you wish them to remain useful! If you only want them preserved for now, then you will need to talk to Old Woman Anagrit! The children say she is a witch...and they are right!" Xemne roars with laughter.

She lowers her voice. "Her cat will watch you. Do not pet the cat. Do not stare into the cat's eyes. Ana is very, very paranoid. Her cat is more paranoid."

Then she sits back and the boom and energy return. "But she is a wonderful woman once you get to know her!"

She would be happy to convert your raw materials into poison on a 1:1 ratio for free, but will also advise you that the next time she will simply have to charge.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Deal!


hp: 22/22; Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; +1 trait bonus vs. fear effects; Perception +8 AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14;
DM Dickie wrote:

Ro'gram heads north along Devy Road, the scent of cattle and sheep strong in the light drizzle. Few others are on the road, and those who are mostly ignore the disguised Rougarou, the others give a nod. The greeting of the busy, but basically polite, passerby.

Nearing the treeline, the scent of forest mixes with that of the rain. Animals and birds are subdued in their play and forage, almost as if the world was told to just take it easy today.

Ro'gram will find a place off the side of the road where he can prop himself up and watch without being seen. Once in place, he reclines, just enjoying his communion with nature.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

While not expertly hidden, he's easy to overlook if you weren't looking out for someone.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra actually brightens on seeing Xemne. "It is good to see you as well," she manages to say when the alchemist pauses for breath. "But I'm afraid we have not called on you for social reasons. My friends and I—" for reasons unknown to Maellyra, her thin lips curve into a brief smile at the phrase "—have been asked by Baroness Devy to secure peace between your town and the local kobold tribe. Although we hope to do so without violence, it would be unwise for us not to prepare for hostilities."

"I could do with flask or two of alchemist's fire or acid, if you have any prepared. What do you have in the way of curatives? I have nothing from the forest to barter with this time," she says, momentarily rummaging through the folds of her dress before producing her bulging coin purse. "So I hope you won't mind if I pay for them in the conventional manner."

Looking down to Spitter, she asks, "Is there anything else you can think of that might be of use?"

Will Xemne be mostly selling alchemical goods like tanglefoot bags & smokesticks, or would she have a potion or two of cure light wounds, too?


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"Let me think..."

Spitter seems to put some thought into this question.

Lore: Kobolds of Golarion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But comes up empty.

"Nothing comes to mind but the obvious things."


She would be able to sell just about any common alchemical item, tools, healer's kits (including masterwork versions of tools), and general reagents. She will have: 1d3 ⇒ 1 cure light wounds potions available for sale.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng shrugs and spends some time just enjoying the reasonable weather. He seems happy enough without having to do any shopping.


I read that and immediately had "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" start playing in my mind for some reason. I guess the chorus is a little zen, good for monks. "I'm never gunna stop the rain by complainin'". I'm going to assume that means a leisurely stroll through town, probably generally heading towards the Old Quarry Road where Ro'gram is?


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

I'll go ahead and buy 2 flasks of acid, 1 of alchemist's fire, and the potion. Character sheet has been updated.

Maellyra counts out 90 gold pieces in front of Xemne before carefully stowing away her new purchases. "My thanks, Xemne. And if I come across any interesting ingredients, I'll try to collect some for you, sister."

"Shall we go find the others now?" Maellyra asks of Spitter after the kobold has made his purchases. "Or is there some obvious thing we still need to buy?"


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Thanks las. I think I'll check out Chance Smithy then."

Pavo walked around town without any clear direction. He headed one way, and then another as he checked out the shop signs. Eventually he found himself standing in front of the Smithy. Once inside, he introduced himself and began describing what he was hoping to find.

"Heya. Name's Pavo and I'm looking for a good quality chain shirt. Something that'll fit good and move with me, nothing too heavy, but I ain't made of money neither."


The inside of the Chance Smithy is filled with all manner of weapons and armor. On display behind the counter, behind steel bars is a gleaming heavy shield with a bull design embossed on the front.

The proprietor looks at Pavo. "Got what ya want, but ain't nothing cheap, boy." the huge human tells you.

A young apprentice comes in the front door carrying two buckets of water. "What in the Nine Hells took you so long? Get it to the furnace, don't gawk at me!"

Not a very friendly townie. Getting him to indifferent is a DC 19 Diplomacy...


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Don't gawk at you? Are you serious? How could ya not gawk at ya? Look at the size of ya? What do they call you? Whale? Mountain?" Pavo didn't really mean to offend the larger man, but once his mouth opened, everything came out in a rush. Maybe it was the way the man talked to his assistant or maybe it just Pavo being Pavo but the results were the same. Pavo could see the man turning red before he even finished speaking.


Marcus Chance sneers. "Ya have about five seconds to leave 'fore I decide it is worth cleaning your brains off my wall." He punctuates his threat by pulling a massive flanged mace from beneath the counter and slamming it down on the top. "I see ya in the streets, after dark, we gunna have words, son."

Yeah, so not everyone in town is so nice...lol. And yes, you don't need Sense Motive to tell you he is serious about both statements.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Just out of sheer curiosity totally unrelated to anything going on right now: Will the NPCs have the same attitude shift toward the entire party, or is it a one-on-one sort of thing?


The town is small enough that most everyone hears enough rumors that it can apply to the whole party. There is another Smithy, lol, and really the only reason I mentioned that one in particular was to highlight the fact that it sold a special item.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Pavo blushed. He hadn't meant to insult him, but his mouth was too quick on this day. With his hands up he slowly backed away. "My apologies good sir. Clearly I have offended you. No need to raise arms, I leave you to your business. Nice mace, by the way" he said before turning to leave through the front door.

Once outside Pavo quickly headed off to find the others. Hopefully they had had better luck than he this day. Smooth talker he thought to himself as he hurried along.


Perception, because why not?:
Leng Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Maellyra Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pavo Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Spitter Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Deputy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The light drizzle continues all through the morning, finally tapering off around midday as Spitter, Maellyra, and Deputy Mulle pass both Ro'gram and the trail by. The trio doubles back a few minutes later, still oblivious to the rougarou, but locating the trail as Leng casually walks up. A few minutes later the group is fully reunited when Pavo arrives. Both Leng and Pavo immediately spot Ro'gram concealed, while the other three seem unaware.


Feel free to have any catch-up conversations as you walk, the next post from me applies specifically to when you arrive at the outside of the kobold lair. I also changed the Roll20 page to the current site.

Deputy Mulle leaves the group after a few hundred feet down the overgrown, broken, Old Quarry Road. "I will wait for you at The Wise Piper," she tells Spitter. "Good luck."

GM Rolls:

Ro'gram Perception w/track: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Spitter Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
.
Kobold1 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Kobold2 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Kobold3 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Kobold4 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Kobold5 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kobold6 Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
.
Leng Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Maellyra Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Pavo Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Ro'gram Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Spitter Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

It takes very little time to locate the lair, and it is only late afternoon when Ro'gram and Spitter find enough tracks to narrow down the location. Before long a small grouping of caves is spotted in the walls of the quarry cliff, fifty feet from the lake created by the flooding and about twenty feet from the ground. It is easy to ascend to the narrow ledge the kobold cave mouths lie on.

Leng indicates he sees a couple of guards, but Pavo and Spitter are sure there are actually six of them, hiding behind rubble and boulders.

You can approach from either the north or south side of the narrow ledge on the map, up to you guys.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Rubbing his head with worry, Spitter keeps talking during the entire walk, his little staff clicking on the stone of the quarry path.

"Remember what I've said...Kobolds will defend their lair to the death. No exceptions! However, they are not stupid either, despite waht many think. Single-minded? Yes. Stupid? NO. Traps we will find...too many traps. My hope is that our wolf-friend here is as good with them as he claims. Some kobolds worship a god a traps, so...try to expect the unexpected? And for Golarion's sake, let me do the talking pink-skins. As an outsider I will still not be trusted, but...I should not get shot BEFORE I start talking at least. Afterward...who knows."

At the last part, Spitter shrugs and gestures broadly.

451 to 500 of 1,997 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.