The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


251 to 300 of 2,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng leaps to respond and moves up past Shayne, then launches his bludgeoning chain weapon at the ghoul.

Kusarigama bludgeoning attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
...to no avail.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Dropping the crest where he stood, Pavo moved up to stand next to Shayn, drawing the trident off of his back as he went. He planted his feet and stabbed forward into the creature.

Trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Just an FYI: @Pavo? If you are using a one handed weapon with two hands? You CAN multiply your strength bonus damage by 1.5 if the weapon has a big enough hilt to use with two-hands. I think a trident definitely qualifies. So you do 3*1.5=4.5 (round down) to +4 points instead of just +3.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Shield


Leng's attack just misses the undead after it's reckless charge. The ghoul snarls and turns to face the foe who just wounded him. It lashes out furiously.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 DC 13 Fortitude save against paralysis.
Duration if paralyzed: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Everyone may act against the VERY hungry ghoul...


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn swings his greatsword and power attacks the creature with uncharacteristic violence. His weapon cracks loud with the sound of thunder itself.

Elemental Assault as a swift action for electricity

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18 Power Attack
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 + 3 = 16
Damage (Electricity): 1d6 ⇒ 1 This was disappointing :)

Immediately after the attack, he five-foot-steps back, diagonally, trying to attract the enemy to a more vulnerable position.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Moving to get a clear shot, Spitter calls on Gozreh's lightning!

Lightning Arc RTA(Firing into a melee): 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1
Damage(Electricity): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Although Spitter's spell misses completely, Shayn's sword cleaves into the ghoul and electricity dances across it's body, burning hair and rotten flesh. The two have now added an unpleasant tang of ozone to the rather foul mixture of scents such as decay and blood. The ghoul collapses to the ground, now only a corpse.

The seven chests are all secured with what may have once been excellent locks, but are now just pretty good, and the jailer's key is clearly too large to fit.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

"Did anyone grab that 'hovering' key next to the clockwork sentinel once it was disabled?"

Heal Check(Maellyra): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Heal Check(Pavo): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

I've go no healer's kit yet, but I should be able to identify possible diseases?


I'm assuming that first one is meant for Shayn, since he was bit ;) AFAIK, and what I will rule here, the kit only provides a bonus for superior tools rather than is a requirement for treatment. The exception being "treat deadly wounds" which specifically mentions the kit as a necessity (and two charges from it being required).

Shayn should make note that his next save (you need two consecutive saves for ghoul fever) will receive a +4 competence bonus. Pavo, if you end up sick, you also receive that bonus. It takes 10 minutes per attempt for these checks, by the way, so the rest of you have plenty of time to examine the chests, room, hole in the wall, etc.

In the aftermath of the ghoul attack Spitter takes time to examine the filthy wounds left by the creature's rotten teeth and claws. As he suspected, the wounds are capable of poisoning the blood and making a person sick. Although he lacks some of the herbs he would ordinarily apply to reduce the chances for infection and treat the illness, he is able to make do with what he has on hand.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Thanks, Spitter. - says Shayn, dreading the fact he might contract the terrible disease - With your help, I'm sure I'll be able to survive another day.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 4 = 22 I'd rather roll already the "+4" roll before I forget :$


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The ghoul's scratch burned and left Pavo feeling rigid, but he was able to shrug off the poison. It was not the first time his body had fought against poison and it probably wouldn't be the last.

"Man, that burns worse than...nevermind. Not important. Uh, I'll go get that key while you check out that bite."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

I think ghoul fever is only delivered through the bite...but just in case.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Well then, now I really hope I'm right.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive
DM Dickie wrote:

I'm assuming that first one is meant for Shayn, since he was bit ;) AFAIK, and what I will rule here, the kit only provides a bonus for superior tools rather than is a requirement for treatment. The exception being "treat deadly wounds" which specifically mentions the kit as a necessity (and two charges from it being required).Shayn should make note that his next save (you need two consecutive saves for ghoul fever) will receive a +4 competence bonus. Pavo, if you end up sick, you also receive that bonus. It takes 10 minutes per attempt for these checks, by the way, so the rest of you have plenty of time to examine the chests, room, hole in the wall, etc.

In the aftermath of the ghoul attack Spitter takes time to examine the filthy wounds left by the creature's rotten teeth and claws. As he suspected, the wounds are capable of poisoning the blood and making a person sick. Although he lacks some of the herbs he would ordinarily apply to reduce the chances for infection and treat the illness, he is able to make do with what he has on hand.

Correct! All that works for me. =)


Spitter applies his treatments "just in case" but is sure that Pavo was not affected.

Pavo turns the corner to grab the key, however he can tell immediately that it is not a key for a lock, but one that is meant to wind up something with gears. From this angle, he can tell it is intended for the clockwork servant guardian.

Feel free to grab the key anyway if you like, but you will need to make a steal combat manuever against a CMD of 6...


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra stares at the foul smelling corpse lying in pieces at Shayn's feet for some time after the battle is over, her features set in confusion. I thought I heard... But it doesn't matter. Whatever she thought she heard, the whisper was far too brief for her to try and understand, gone by the time Shayn's greatsword had ​reached the end of its brutal arc.

Coming to stand next to the holy warrior, Maellyra places a hand over the wounds and speaks an incantation in that quiet, sinister-sounding language.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Even as the flesh surrounding the bite mark knits back together, the look of concern doesn't leave the witch's face. The smell of rot lingered on despite her healing magic. "You'll need to check these wounds several times each day, and let either of us know-" she gestures to Spitter and herself "-at the first sign of infection."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

After seeing to the wounds, Spitter walks over to the chests.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"I do not see any further protections."


Spitter is indeed unable to find any further defenses in the treasury or on the seven chests themselves. The hole in the wall seems stable enough, and while taking the time to treat the wounds left by the ancient ghoul, it becomes obvious that the hole was caused by someone tunneling into the chamber. It does not seem to have been the cause of the collapse, however, given that this room was still rather secure when you entered.

I figure folks were probably distracted with long weekend stuff, so just a little quick recap of the current situation.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Thanks, Maellyra. - says the Paladin, with a smile - Well, let's inspect those chests, then. Maybe we can find something useful. - he completes, going for the chests after Spitter checked them for traps.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Smiling broadly, revealing multiple sharp little white teeth, Spitter points at the chests.

"Yes! I dare-say my dragon-blood is already bubbling at the chance for possible 'treasure.' You pink-skin's have no idea the odd kind of cravings we dragon-blooded can get!"

Spitter will open and begin sorting the loot happily.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Shayn doesn't seem to notice the locks on the chest and simply tries to lift the lid of one. The chest rocks backward before the lock just snaps and the chest slams back into the ground with bang. It would appear that the locks were cheap, possibly only intended for appearance, or maybe just thoroughly damaged by the passage of time. All of the locks break as easily revealing coins of various denominations. It looks like it would take hours to count the coins contained within. Most of it is copper, but there is plenty of silver and some gold and platinum. One chest holds a teak gem case filled with assorted small gemstones.

So yeah, it will take a long dang time to count it all, but: 18,500 cp, 4,000 sp, 115 gp, 14 pp. The gems and case are worth a grand total of 800 gp.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Wow, there's gotta be a couple hundred gold here easily. No wonder people were trying to break in, and why he was so protective. Still doesn't explain what happened here though, but this would pay for a trip back home...or a good time at least."


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

OK, there is 5 of us...so that is:
3700cp each
800sp each
23gp each
3 pp each
(Wanting to leave a good impression, Spitter will forgo the missing extra PP and only take 2! Can't divide 14 by 5!)
Gems+Case divided: 160gp each.

Spitter sits amid the mounds of wealth, carefully stacking and counting. His forked tongue occasionally flickers out of a broad smile, when he's not paying attention. In a surprisingly short while he has divided the mounds into even shares!

"Here! Each pink-skin, take your share."


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maybe we could exchange the platinum to gold in town and then split it by 5? By my math, that would make it 328gp each. But unless the GM decides to waive the weight of the coins, they would weigh a total of 452.58 pounds, giving each of us roughly an extra 90 pounds to carry around.

Maellyra turns at the sound of locks breaking, and her pale eyebrows briefly rise at the mound of coins each chest holds. It might not be the arcane knowledge she was hoping for, but more money than she had ever seen before was a nice consolation. "I feel we may find the answers we're looking for through this tunnel," she says, sending her witch lights dancing down the darkened tunnel to rout out any other creatures that might be hiding in the shadows.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Maellyra's lights hovers forward illuminating a pair of low barricades made of timbers and rocks partially blocking the passageway, which opens into a larger cave beyond. As the lights pass through the tunnel, she spots a reflection from a metal trip line. This tunnel has been trapped at the barricades.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"There's a trap ahead. Just there," Maellyra informs the others, directing her witch lights to circle around the tripwire. "Do you think this is the work of other kobolds?" she asks Spitter. "If so, maybe you would like to take the lead? If there are any of them waiting for us at the end of this tunnel, seeing one of their own might give us the opportunity to resolve any conflicts peaceably."


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn shakes his head in agreement with Maellyra.

This seems like a good idea. - he speaks, completing - Spitter, I'll be just some steps behind you and try to make you as safe as I can. If we have an opportunity of resolving things without the need of blood shedding, we have to take it.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Having pocketed the greater sum of his money (the rest to be retrieved later) Spitter looks at the pink-skins with wonder.

"You would allow me to speak for you pink-skins? I...appreciate your confidence in me. Note however: While I speak with the authority of the Voice in Thunder, these greens might not listen my reason. But there IS a chance..."

Spitter moves to inspect the trip-wire.

Lore: Kobolds of Golarion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Spiter quickly returns with a whispered response.

"I cannot tell if this is work of my kind, but there is nothing here that says it is NOT. And my people do like traps...it's a dragon thing."


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Well, either someone got in here without the Baron's signet from another direction, or someone used the signet to get in and then put it back and locked everything back up, or this trap was built by whoever built the Baron's dungeon in the first place," says Leng placidly.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

@GM: Can I at least tell if the trap is old or new? OR REALLY new. And maybe what it sets off?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


The materials used are simply too generic to provide clues as to who the crafter or crafters were, but after detecting the trip wire trigger it becomes fairly easy to identify all of the components. The line and barricade are setup in such a way that it would require tinkering with, or deliberately activating, the trap in order to pass. It is definitely new given the lack of corrosion or damage to the simple trap. In fact, given the relative fragility of the setup, it seems that the trap had to have been set after the tower fell.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter nods excitedly

"This IS a most recent creation. Not old at all. Created after the fall of the tower!"

Spitter then shakes his head negatively.

"However, we can't enter the tunnel pink-skins without setting off the trap. Unless someone can disable it somwhow?"


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng shrugs.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Like Leng, Pavo shrugged as well. "Wait! I have an idea."

Then he bolted down the hallway.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter scratches his head with a small blue talon.

"He sure takes his time. That pink-skin coming back?"


Uh, actually, I just found out he intended that to mean he is charging through the trap...lol, I had thought that he was heading back the way you came. Fresh post coming very soon.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

FRESSSSHHHHH


Trap Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Assuming a +2 circumstance bonus to AC since the trap is understood.

Pavo rushes through the passage, hopping over the low barricade. Several chunks of rubble and stalagmites swing like pendulums at Pavo. They are too slow to connect with the rushing human, but they do make an awful racket.

Beyond is a large cave which appears to have been recently scratched from the hard-packed earth, and its ceiling is only five feet high. Several tons of debris fill the western portion of the cave. What appears to be the body of a man lies half buried under the rubble near the north end of the cave.

Knowledge (Engineering) DC 10:
This is the origin of the collapse. Most of the tower seems to have come down in this room.

Perception DC 10:
There are two kobolds partially buried in the rubble, broken digging tools in their claws.

Another rough-carved passage leads away from the tower, splitting into two paths. The one to the north ends in a small room with a four foot wide hole leading down. The other tunnel looks to go a little ways before turning.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Entering once the trap is off, Spitter glances around carefully looking for more signs of kobolds.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Lore(Kobolds of Golarian): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sadly, Spitter points to the fallen kobolds and broken tools.

"Regrettably I must say 'yes:' These green-scaled kobolds ARE responsible for this collapse. There MUST be a tribe nearby. Check the dead pink-skin? I will deal with these."

Spitter digs out the two dead kobolds and searches for anything as to why they are here. He then says a simple prayer over their corpses.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra gives a choked off little sound as Pavo rushes headlong into the tunnel, her words of warning dying on her tongue as the trap is triggered. It isn't until the dust clears and she sees the man standing on the other side of the barricade, unscathed, that she releases a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. It comes out as an irritated sounding sigh. "Your foolhardiness is almost admirable. I'm beginning to see why you have so many unpleasant stories," she tells Pavo as she passes by him and into the cave.

Knowledge (Engineering; Untrained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Upon entering the cave, the witch takes note of the collapse along with the kobolds and their digging tools and a picture of the events that must have taken place forms in her mind's eye. Only the reason for the dead man's presence eludes her, but she has a hunch as to who the victim might be. Nodding to Spitter, Maellyra moves to check on the fallen human. A quick incantation opens her senses to arcane emanations, and once she's certain that no nasty surprises linger upon the man or his things, the witch kneels next to him and tries to determine if the collapse resulted in his death or if he died before the fact. (Casting detect magic.)

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

If needed for detect magic:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


The human is a balding man dressed in what would have been finely tailored clothing of impeccable material. Maellyra is confident that he was killed from the tower coming down practically on his head. He has no personal effects other than a small brass keyring and a spell component pouch. It holds two keys. One looks like a typical home key. Maellyra is unable to sense any strong magical energy.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"I think we might have found the missing Hunclay," Maellyra tells the others. After putting the keyring and spell pouch into her pack, Maellyra gives the man's corpse one last look over. Although it seems cruel to leave the body in such an undignified state, having nothing to cover him with and uncertain if digging him from the rubble is wise, she leaves him for the time being. Straightening up, the witch dusts herself off before addressing the others. "If this is Hunclay, then it would be safe to assume that he did have a hand in this collapse, and that answers one question." Sending her lights down the tunnel stretching to the north, Maellyra searches for any more hidden dangers. "All that's left now is to learn what role Spitter's green-scaled kin played in this."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 More traps for Pavo to charge into?


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Huh. Well that's no way to go...or be left. Shouldn't we maybe take him with us? Wouldn't be the first time I had to carry a body to get paid. What? Bounties people, bounties. I ain't no grave robber...well, maybe that one time, but a man's got to have standards, rules to live by...a code. Yeah, a code" he says as he nods in agreement with himself.

"Probably should check his pockets though."


Maellyra's lights illuminate the narrow cavern. Nothing else catches her attention as dangerous that way, but from this distance the even more narrow hole at the end of the short northern tunnel is still a total mystery, only Spitter would be able to maneuver in it safely. He is also the only member of this expedition unhindered by the low ceiling.

The western branch is deeper than the light can penetrate, though the kobold druid's eyes, adapted for cavern life, can see that it continues for a little distance before turning south.

Pavo double checks the body and turns up nothing additional.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter points at Hunclay's body with his staff.

"Stay. I will check further on to see if there is anything left to see."

He moves carefully towards the western section of cavern.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


GM Stuff:
SP: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
SS: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
K1P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
K1S: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
K2P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
K2S: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Spitter rounds the corner and spies several piles of fur piled up near the walls. He recognizes them as a typical nesting strategy of his people.

He stops short before entering the room openly, hearing hushed whispers.

Draconic:
"I am telling you, that was the trap, stay ready."

"We have not heard anything since then, maybe the trap killed whoever?"


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter returns quickly and quietly, nodding enthusiastically as he approaches.

"There are at least two of my people towards the West, in hiding. They are still wondering what set off the trap! If we move quickly we can trap them and I can interrogate them."

Suddenly another thought occurs to Spitter and he points his staff at the smaller tunnel entrance.

"That is their most likely escape, and probably how they got here in the first place. It likely leads back to their lair, or close to it. We should reserve someone here, to prevent any of them from escaping if they get past the rest of us."


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"I'll guard the back. With my chain I can cover more space."


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"A sound plan," Maellyra says, nodding first to Spitter, and then to Leng. The witch takes up her crossbow and slides a bolt into the flight groove. With her weapon at the ready, she looks back to Spitter and indicates for him to lead the way. She follows after, doing her best to move as stealthily as her kobold companion.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter nods to the female pink-skin. Stepping lightly, he attempts to get close again to the hidden Kobolds...

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

251 to 300 of 2,008 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.