The Dragon's Demand PbP

Game Master dickie

Roll20 Page


51 to 100 of 2,039 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Friendly reminder that I have Combat Reflexes and a reach weapon! :D


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Stepping to get a clear shot, Spitter draws on his draconic heritage and casts a ray of cold at the centipede attacking Pavo.

Ray of Frost RTA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage (Cold): 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn charges the vermin trying to attack Pavo, and then tries to hit with his greatsword by the end of the movement.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 25 Charge, PA
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 3 = 18

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 12
Extra Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 + 3 = 19

My AC is now 18 - 2 = 16 due to charge


So much for letting them come to you so Leng can soften 'em up :P Leng, Pavo, and Maellyra may all act before the other centipede.

Spitter's icy ray chills Pavo as it flies past him, leaving a layer of frost on the ground just behind the massive insect. Shayn wheels about and barrels into the nearest creature, bringing his sword across the bug's segmented body, killing it thoroughly and spraying thick greenish ichor across the room. The other giant insect does not seem to care or notice.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng advances and drops the torch as he goes (near the A4 graphic on the map). This frees up his off-hand and he starts swinging his chain in a slow circle.


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Trident already​ in hand, Pavo stabbed at the huge centipede with both hands behind the thrust. Unfortunately it was like trying to stab a worm with a fork.

trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Drawn by the sudden sounds of battle on the floor below, Maellyra unceremoniously drops the scaly green limb she had been studying and moves over to the trap door. Descending down into the basement, the witch tries to identify whether or not the particular type of insect is poisonous, one hand on the hilt of her sheathed dagger on the off chance it maneuvers past its the three attackers.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Pavo engages the second insect, but fails to land a blow.

Maellyra is able to identify that the centipedes are venomous. Their bite delivers a paralytic which causes tremors and a loss of motor skills.

The bug silently lunges at Pavo, striking his thigh with precision. Pavo can instantly tell that his armor kept the blow from being even more severe by puncturing an artery.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
bite confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Round 2, everyone can act before the final centipede. Fort save and 3 damage for Pavo.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Seeing the vermin bite the human, Spitter immediately moves and casts Guidance on him, so that Gozreh may aid him directly!

Guidance@Pavo: You may add a +1 to any single d20 toll you are about to make within 1 minute. I'm not sure if that include the save vs. poison or not however since it happened before my spell does.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn moves and tries to hit the other centipede before it can hurt more his companions.

Enough, vermin!

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22 Power Attack
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 + 3 = 15


Shayn's sword cleaves into second creature, hacking it's segmented body into small chunks. Afterward, the only sound is everyone breathing heavily from the excitement.

Dropping you out of combat. I will let Spitter's spell provide a bonus to the save, despite the exact timing, if Pavo wants to apply it. Otherwise, he still has it for a minute. Feel free to finish poking around the room if you like, otherwise there is a door to the south.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Spitter examines the vermin bodies, hoping to maybe gain a sample or two of their poison.


Spitter is able to recover enough of the poison gland from the centipede Shayn did not totally destroy, however it does take a few minutes of careful work to avoid damage to the delicate organ or accidental exposure to the toxic substance.

Yeah, I think the one Shayn hit with a crit is probably no help, lol. Without some way to preserve the bits, however, it will only be an effective reagent for a few hours.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Got it!

"These vermin have potent venom! It will be useful to extract a sample. Give me a minute to do so pink-skins? Check out the door while I'm busy. Hopefully it will reveal to us further passage into this mess."

At that Spitter turns to the Vermin corpse at his feet.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

With the threat gone, Maellyra releases her hold on the hilt of her dagger and turns in a slow circle, both to examine her new surroundings and to be certain that there are no more of the giant centipedes hiding in the shadowed corners. Drawn to the grinning statue to the north of the room, Maellyra carefully examines it, noting that what she initially believed to be rust was likely something more sinister.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Spitter Snagscale wrote:
"These vermin have potent venom!..."

"That they do," Maellyra confirms, halting her examination of the statue to glance over at Pavo. Or, more specifically, the bite wound on his leg. Still unsure of the characters of those she's been tasked to explore the ruins with, and whether or not they have more pride than sense, she advises, "If that wound begins to trouble you, or you start to feel weakness, you should let someone know. Being paralyzed in the basement of a collapsing tower is no fate anyone should have to suffer."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Fortitude, guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16

Nodding at Maellrya, Pavo grimaced briefly as he pinched the wound shut forcing a tiny bit of the venom out. "Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun, but I should be alright. Thanks though."

He glanced toward the southern door. "I guess we go that way next..."


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng picks up the torch again, extinguishes it, and hands it back to Spitter. "I don't think I'll need this while Maellyra has the magical light, but thank you," he says.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn approaches the others, checking if everybody is fine.

Are you okay, big guy? - he asks Pavo, visibly worried. He knew "Fish" was strong, though.

The paladin started looking around to help.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


A careful examination of the iron maiden by Maellyra reveals that it's last victim is still within. It is difficult to gain any further information from the outside of it.

Shayn, perhaps drawn to more martial pursuits, finds a pair of gleaming mithril daggers in an iron knife case. The daggers have an unusual series of squared notches carved into the flats of the blade.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter walks up to Maellyra, wrapping a dripping bundle in a bit of cloth very carefully. He then squints at the metal device with the remains still inside.

"You pink-skins put too much effort into torture."

He wiggles his blue-scaled fingers in front of his face.

"You just pull the tips off one by one. They talk. They always talk."

He then moves to the door in the room and places an ear to it.

Perception(listen): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

As Spitter approaches, Maellyra eyes the bundle in his hands with undisguised envy, though she soon looks stricken when the kobold begins to speak to her of torture. "Torture? That's its purpose?" She had thought that it was some sort of elaborate coffin, like the sort she read about the people of Ancient Osirian using. Discovering that it is instead an instrument of torture begins to paint a grim picture for Maellyra of why the ruins were known as "The Witch Tower".

Determined to see the last soul the iron maiden claimed finally freed from its embrace, Maellyra places one hand to either side of the seam and tries to pull the two ends apart.

If necessary:
Strength Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Let me help," says Leng, and steps over to add his strength to Maellyra's.


The iron maiden is slightly stuck from the dried blood and years of neglect, but before Leng can even give her a hand, the device pops open. The skeleton of the final victim tumbles out, and a tiny ringing sound accompanies the clatter of bones. Leng and Maellyra see a small key glinting in the magical light.

Spitter hears nothing from beyond the door. Everything is still, even the shifting earth seems to have settled for now.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn brings the daggers to the attention of the others.

What about these daggers? I'm not sure if there's anything special about them.

As the skeleton "tumbles out", the paladin mutters some prayers to Irori but doesn't notice anything about it.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter looks at the oddly notched blades and sniffs.

"Silver? We are in what the local pink-skins call the 'Witch-tower' right? Then...Witch-blades...maybe?"

He then eyes the really pale pink-skin lady.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra thanks Leng for his proffered assistance, retrieving the key and handing it to him before taking a moment to gather any bedding she can find on the ruined cots. After Shayn's prayers, she covers up the bones. It isn't the burial rites she would like to give to a person she is certain must have been very much like herself - at least in the eyes of the townsfolk - but it would have to do.

At Spitter's prompting, Maellyra moves to Shayn's side to examine the curious blades. She lifts one from the case and, after a brief, hushed incantation, she studies the dagger with her mystical senses. (Casting detect magic.)

As she focuses on divining what, if any, magical qualities the daggers have, she asks the kobold, "Did you notice if the door was locked, by any chance?"


There are no auras of magic surrounding the daggers, and there is far less ambient magical energy in the tower basement than Maellyra had expected. Still, the daggers and their odd notches are an interesting find so soon in the search for answers.

There is no sign of a locking mechanism on the door.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter will try the door and look in using his darkvision and other acute senses.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


The door creaks as Spitter opens it. Numerous jail cells line these long-abandoned corridors. Each of their solid iron doors hangs ajar, and includes both a peep hole at eye level, covered with a piece of sliding metal, and a smaller slot for food and water at floor level.

There is a curious bit of construction in the ceiling that Spitter notices immediately. a semi-circular tube seems to run from one wall into the darkness. The white dotted line on the map.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter pulls his head back inside the room and looks casually at the rest of the group.

"A dark tunnel with many metal doors. Some strange construction in the ceiling? Could be trapped."


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"I sense no lingering magic in these," Maellyra states, gently placing the dagger back into the case alongside its twin. "But the metal they were forged from is special. Rare. For that reason alone, I would hold onto them," she advises Shayn. Stepping away, her pale eyes survey the room for a few long moments. Once Spitter reports back on what he's found in the next room, Maellyra says, "I sense no lingering magic anywhere. But these heavy stone walls may be clouding my sight. We should proceed while the collapse still seems stable."

Sending her ghostly light through ahead of her to illuminate the corridor, the witch takes a look at ceiling, utilizing her sparse knowledge of structures to try and determine what the tube's function is.

Knowledge (Engineering; Untrained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Hopefully DC 10 is enough to tell whether or not it's dangerous.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Shayn agrees and holds to the daggers, then following with the group.

I agree, Spitter. We should check for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 I'm great at it, btw! Follow my lead :) Someone else please check these things!


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

"Here, maybe you should let me go first. I'm a little lighter and quieter on my feet."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Pavo quietly scouts the cells, peeking around both corners. He easily spots what may have at one time been a pair of very well concealed doors before the collapse. The strange ceiling-mound ends in a wall to the west, where the corridor continues, then turns north.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

Leng waits quietly for Pavo's return.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter leans against the wall near the door, twirls the tip of his small wooden staff in Pavo's general direction and smiles.

"Impressive! The Dark-haired pink-skin is quiet enough to be kobold."


Hp 43/43 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 22, CMD: 21 | Saves F +6, R +6, W +2 | Init +2 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Status: Normal

Glancing back at the others, Pavo waves them forward. As they approach, he points out the concealed doors with his trident as he holds his own position. He takes advantage of the brief respite to tighten his cestus and ensure his kukri is still sheathed in place.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Spitter moves up to glance in one of the open cells.

"Oubliettes? Too square."


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Thanks, Fish, good job. - says Shayn, moving ahead and getting ready to check the concealed doors - Come, guys, let's move. I don't want to risk new collapses or explosions here.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra follows at a distance, pausing to peer curiously into the cells they pass by. That gnome and I will have much to discuss tomorrow. Despite her distraction, the witch is mindful enough to keep her ghostly light where the others need it most.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


The concealed doors conceal yet more cells. All of them are in the same state as the rest except for one. A larger cell than the others has a closed door. Hands reach out as you near. The fingers are gnarled, as though they have been broken and not properly healed, then perhaps broken again.

"Oh, gods, kind faces! Aroden bless you, noble souls! I ain't seen the jailers in ages, I think they forgot about us! We ain't eaten in days and the water's all but gone-my cousins're both sick. I swear we'd give back the boar if we could, but we ate it, starvin' as we was. We didn't even know it was the baron's lands, didn't know we was poachin'! I beg you, we're all gonna die in here! Kindness, noble souls, we've suffered awful! Good Baron Sarvo wills it!"

Maellyra:
Behind the man you spot three skeletons chained to the wall. You also notice a concealed door in the back of the cell.

Leng Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Pavo Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Shayn Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Spitter Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Though she is initially startled by the gnarled hands that reach out for her, Maellyra recovers from the shock as the man recounts his tale and moves nearer to the door. Her eyes flick over the man's shoulder, taking in the three skeletons chained to the wall, and her gaze softens when it returns to the prisoner. "Your punishment is over," she says, reaching out to take the man's hands, but thinking better of it at noticing their poor condition. Instead, she shrugs off her satchel and pulls out one of her rations and a spare waterskin and gently presses them into the man's outstretched hands. "You'll be free soon."

"Leng, do you still have that key?"

Marking off one of the trail rations and one waterskin from my inventory.


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Curious of the Witch's reaction to the prisoner, Spitter watches intently, suspecting something more is going on...


"Aroden bless you, ma'am! Boys, water, biscuits! The Good Baron Sarvo wills it!" the prisoner thanks Maellyra profusely and turns out of sight for a moment.

The key Leng and Maellyra found on the iron maiden victim fits perfectly into the ancient lock, but when the door is opened, the man is gone. The rations and waterskin lay on the floor, untouched.


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

The paladin looks in confusion. Then, finally, he touches the witch's shoulder.

What happened here? What kind of magic was that?


Male Kobold (Blue-Scaled) Tempest Druid 5 | HP 34/34| Speed 30ft | AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18, CMD 13 | Fort +5 : Ref +3 : Will +8 | Wild Empathy: +6 | Stealth +11; Perception +12 | Resist Elec 5, Acid 20 | Hero Points: 2/3 left| Active: Light Sensitive

Frowning, Spitter makes an odd sign, a simple sign against evil.

"Bad mojo! Spirits! How old is this place?!"

Spitter refuses to go near that cell at all.


Female Human Gravewalker Witch 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 10 | CMB +1 CMD 13 | Saves: Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5 | Perception: +5 | Init: +2 | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Maellyra looks around the empty cell, her previous suspicions confirmed by the prisoner's disappearance. These poor souls. How long have they been trapped down here? What kind of people would abide this torture? A hand on her shoulder drags her from her thoughts. Turning to Shayn, Maellyra says, "This isn't magic. Just... suffering." At Spitter's question, the witch explains, "Baron Sarvo was part of a failed rebellion some 200 years ago. Assuming that he was human and not someone of a particularly long-lived race, I would say that the tower has stood for at least that long, if not longer." Maellyra lets it go unsaid that the ghost of the prisoner has likely been trapped just as long. "But I intend to learn more about this place's history tomorrow."

Entering the cell, the witch moves over to the back wall, leaving the rations and the waterskin undisturbed. "There is a hidden door here. We should see where it leads."


Male Suli Paladin (Iroran Paladin) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 21 TO 16 FF 15 | F +8 R +7 W +7 | CMD 19 | Imm Disease | Acid 7 Cold 7 Elec 7 Fire 7 | Init +5 | Perc +1 LLV | PT 1/1 | EA 3/3

Very well. - says the Paladin - Irori shall guide their souls to the perfection of afterlife.

He mutters a quick prayer, then moves right behind Maellyra and studies the wall, to lead the way through the hidden passage. Shayn doesn't seem to even hesitate.


Male Human Monk (wanderer, weapon adept) 5 | 40/43 HP | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +10 | Perfect Strike 3/5 | Ki Pool 3/4

"Some kind of phantom? But... from when?"


Shayn finds the door pivots fairly easily on an axis. Any thoughts as to who would place a door within a prison cell dissipate as soon as everyone sees the narrow, dark hallway beyond. In the room at the end of this narrow corridor is a strange metallic contraption of gears and chains. A large lever extends out at a forty-five-degree angle from the front of it. Hovering above the strange machine is a small, dark, roiling cloud like a tiny thunderstorm, shooting short arcs of azure electricity randomly. A prisoner would have found no solace here.

Knowledge(Engineering) DC 15:
One of the heaviest chains runs from the ceiling down to the contraption. Judging by it's size and weight, and the large empty spool on the machine, the chain is used to raise or lower something heavy. The strange ceiling bulge must be a conduit to conceal the chain.

Knowledge(The Plane) DC 11:
The cloud is a small lightning elemental.

51 to 100 of 2,039 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dragon's Demand PbP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.