The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


40,301 to 40,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 | 808 | 809 | 810 | 811 | 812 | next > last >>

A cluster of them break off and go to Fieri. A little girl of about 8 says "What about my Mama? Why was her name on the board?"
She isn't sure what happened.
Cute/Sad scene inevitable.


Given the attentions and insane diplomacy skills by Fieri, a lot of the children, if not all, are mesmerized and lulled into a calm state, gathering up or soothing themselves down.

Such impressive feats of skill cannot be ignored by these NPCs!


Female Aasimars - Archon-Blooded HP:99/99|AC:20(t:16,ff:14)|F:+11|R:+8|W:+13|CMD:24|CMB:+7|Init:+3 Per:+18 Lesser Angel of Death, LE Cleric [Law/Death] L9

Rosa stand looking down at the crying child firebirds

18' of unmoving, uncaring steel and iron.
When taalk of the disseminating of the sun comes up
she looks at one of the other teachers and says

"Best thing for it, it was a tactical liability"


AC 17|HP 32/32|PP 31/45|Initi+3|F+1R+7W+5|Per+11 Elf/outsider Bard5/Psion(TP)5
Damiani wrote:

Given the attentions and insane diplomacy skills by Fieri, a lot of the children, if not all, are mesmerized and lulled into a calm state, gathering up or soothing themselves down.

Such impressive feats of skill cannot be ignored by these NPCs!

Some how ever are to distrait to be cajoled with words, they cry openly at the loss of loved ones.

even such massive rolls hit the brick wall of grief, some show anger, they are looking for someone to blame


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

He feels a sense of relief as he realizes his parents aren't on the list. Looking around, though, it was hard to celebrate, seeing how many others had lsot loved ones. Other firebirds, lost. He gets a dumbfounded look on his face, and actually begins to console and encourage those around him.
His people needed him right now. He would not deny them.


Image

Fieri knelt down in front of the little girl.

"Your mother's name is on the board because she was one of the people who was killed during the riot. I am very, very sorry for your loss," she said gently. "I know you'll miss her. I'm sure she must have loved you very much. That's why she sent you here where you could be safe. Your teacher, Mrs. del Sol, is right over there. Would you like me to call her over here?"

Fieri is trying hard not to cry herself at this point.

::Mom, I need help.::


Rosa.Luminass.. wrote:

Rosa stand looking down at the crying child firebirds

18' of unmoving, uncaring steel and iron.
When taalk of the disseminating of the sun comes up
she looks at one of the other teachers and says

"Best thing for it, it was a tactical liability"

This was a firebirds only assembly. The only other teachers here are Sorchan, Pyra, and Fieri. And they're a bit busy.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"Is she not coming home? She said she was going to be back. . . " there is a bit of a tear starting.


Your diplomacy cannot repel sorrow of this magnitude!


Image
Rosa.Luminass.. wrote:

Rosa stand looking down at the crying child firebirds

18' of unmoving, uncaring steel and iron.
When taalk of the disseminating of the sun comes up
she looks at one of the other teachers and says

"Best thing for it, it was a tactical liability"

Because plucky needs to happen sometimes.

Chara looks up at Rosa and sticks out her tongue.

"You're a big meanie! I don't like you! Go away!"


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace stirs slightly at Ginni's touch, and hearing her voice. His eyes open slowly "Ginni?"


Image
n@rr@+0r wrote:
"Is she not coming home? She said she was going to be back. . . " there is a bit of a tear starting.

Pyra took over at this point so Fieri could go back to dealing with the group. "She meant to sweetie. She wanted to come back. But something bad happened and now she can't come back."


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace stirs slightly at Ginni's touch, and hearing her voice. His eyes open slowly "Ginni?"

"That's me," she said, shifting all of her attention to him. "How you doing, darling? That must have been quite the trip to the restroom," she joked, trying to cover up her worry.


Male Half-fiend gestalt alchemist 16/ eldrich Godling 16
short description:
right arm red demon skin, left arm green scales, left eye red, right eye green, long, tentacle-like tail, forked tounge, small fangs and claws, wears shackles, has talons

Meanwhile....

"Hay, why are you smiling? Your coping pages from a dictionary! ... Are you drooling?"

settro has this stretched out, silly looking smile on his face. his pen keeps moving as he writes, having copied page 346 out of the 500 required of him.

"So..... Much.... Grief..."


The girl doesn't do much at this point. She starts to really cry as that is the only thing that makes sense to do. . . .
The mom instinct tells you she without a boubt needs a hug.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"I feel like I've been run over by a stampede of dragons, while getting my butt kicked by a horde of giants. Yet seeing you makes me feel much better" His words come out slowly, and he pauses every so often, to collect his thoughts or catch his breath.


Female Human Teenager
Adon Derro wrote:
adon wandered out and sat near the lake during his study period. He looked at the ship, and just watched for a while. Eventually, when there is no one else around, He begins to cry a little.

Meditated and centered, Anahita cheerfully walked along with a slight bounce to her step, though in the distance, saw a figure hunched slightly over in what was obviously a state of falling tears.

Pursing her lips for a moment, she considered and then headed over, slowing once she realized who it was.

"Hello. Do you wish to be alone? I would listen to your woes, if you wish an ear to share with. It might ease your troubles when you share with another. Gain strength in the sharing and lessen the pain within." Her polite voice, quite diplomatic, attempting to break the ice, as it were-- Adon might realize, that this earlier feisty girl from yesterday, isn't in the same state of emotions, yet.


Image
π@®®@+0® wrote:

The girl doesn't do much at this point. She starts to really cry as that is the only thing that makes sense to do. . . .

The mom instinct tells you she without a boubt needs a hug.

Pyra just holds her and lets her cry.


Image

Fieri steps a little distance away to give the little girl some room to deal with her grief.

"Okay, so who has questions," she asks, looking at the rest of the confused group of children. "As you can see this is a difficult time for some because people died today, and their families are very sad and miss them very much."


Image
"Ace" wrote:
"I feel like I've been run over by a stampede of dragons, while getting my butt kicked by a horde of giants. Yet seeing you makes me feel much better" His words come out slowly, and he pauses every so often, to collect his thoughts or catch his breath.

"Shh. Don't push yourself. I'm going to stay right here. You just rest. You can tell me all about it when you're feeling better."


And she does.
...
...
...
After a while she looks up tear stains streaking her face.
"Aunty Clara and Uncle Jack werent on the board. Are they coming home?"


Image
π@®®@+0® wrote:

And she does.

...
...
...
After a while she looks up tear stains streaking her face.
"Aunty Clara and Uncle Jack werent on the board. Are they coming home?"

"I don't know sweetheart. I can work on finding out for you, okay?" she said, not wanting to make promises without knowing the circumstances.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

adon jerks up quickly, obviously startled.
"I... Don't even know what I want right now."
he does his best to relax, but he obviously feels horrible. His hair is messed up horribly, and judging from the way his face looked, he had been here for a little while. The tears black out a few attempts at speaking, until he manages to stop them somewhat.
"I have dedicated my life to only two things... Magic, witch is impossible for me, and blades. My blade work was all i knew, and...
his tears cut him off again. He shakes his head, trying to get them to stop.


Male/Female
Active scenes:
Vision human/lowlight/dark 60'/Ubiquitous/psi + when in scan mode Telle/Aura sight/Danger sense/Detect remote viewing/Teleportation/magic/powers/True Sight/electromagnetic spectrum/Macro.
Human (Enhanced) Technomancer

Johnny finaly happy, nods,

"well its just a matter of time now, look I have to go find Melody and Ty, Ill be back soon ok, Im keeping an eye on things remote so no worries."

Johnny heads into the school


"Okay. . . ."
She sits against a wall and pulls her knees up to her chest.
I'll leave her to other things. :)


Female Human Teenager
Adon Derro wrote:

adon jerks up quickly, obviously startled.

"I... Don't even know what I want right now."
he does his best to relax, but he obviously feels horrible. His hair is messed up horribly, and judging from the way his face looked, he had been here for a little while. The tears black out a few attempts at speaking, until he manages to stop them somewhat.
"I have dedicated my life to only two things... Magic, witch is impossible for me, and blades. My blade work was all i knew, and...
his tears cut him off again. He shakes his head, trying to get them to stop.

Anahita just nods, and puts a comforting right hand onto his shoulder, giving him a touch of human compassion and warmth, through her contact.

"Tell me of your blade work. You are a mighty warrior, are you? Speak to me of this."

She then motions to the floor, asking, "Will you sit and enjoy the grass? perhaps share more of your past, and let the wind blowing up from the lake grace you while doing so? It is quite soothing, nature is, for troubled times."

She'll sit with Adon if he goes for it too. Otherwise, she's okay standing there.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

her touch calmed him somewhat, as things like that usually do. (I wonder.... Why is touch calming anyway?) he sat down, crossing his legs. When he had finished choking ion himself, he began to talk.
"Well, after i failed to become a Mage, because of this... Abomination. I decided to train in blades. My devotion was obsessive, to the degree of ignoring others so i could train more. Eventually, it got to a point... Where I refused to rely on anyone, or anything... Looking back, i realize what i have hated all those years. That thing that i kept training to defy...
Magic." the guilt of years of hatred and jealousy was all poured into that one word.
"My work with the blade became my life, i was nothing, and am nothing, without it" he chokes up again, and slumps over, his hands over his eyes.


Female Current Physical look ?? Mindscape sorcerer 8
Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Zilla wrote:
"Leave me alone. You probably think Hew's a coward too. We don't need people around us that doesn't understand." Zilla places her hand on her head and grits her teeth. "Just go away!" Slowly she falls to her knees.
Midori wasn't sure if that last bit was directed towards her or Hew-kun not, but she did not move away in the slightest. "I will not go away, Zilla-chan. You are my friend and you are hurting. I think both you and Hew-kun are very brave." Midori takes a submissive posture, trying to appear non-threatening, her shoulders bowed and her hands held in front of her. "Friend help each other when they are hurting. Just like when Hew-kun help me yesterday, after we came back from the beach."

"I want to believe you Midori, but every time we trust someone they turn on us some how. Some worse than others. I keep trying to get Hew not to be as trusting but he keeps trying. Here I thought maybe we could trust people here, but I don't know anymore." Zilla wiped away a tear rolling down her cheek. She didn't know what to do she wanted to trust her but how could she. Maybe she has just been trying to get close to her and Hew all this time so to do like the others.


Female Human Teenager
Adon Derro wrote:

her touch calmed him somewhat, as things like that usually do. (I wonder.... Why is touch calming anyway?) he sat down, crossing his legs. When he had finished choking ion himself, he began to talk.

"Well, after i failed to become a Mage, because of this... Abomination. I decided to train in blades. My devotion was obsessive, to the degree of ignoring others so i could train more. Eventually, it got to a point... Where I refused to rely on anyone, or anything... Looking back, i realize what i have hated all those years. That thing that i kept training to defy...
Magic." the guilt of years of hatred and jealousy was all poured into that one word.
"My work with the blade became my life, i was nothing, and am nothing, without it" he chokes up again, and slumps over, his hands over his eyes.

Anahita puts her hand now a bit on his back, saying in a soothing voice, "If you are a fighter, then-- surely, you realize what it means to quit in the middle of a battle? Why have you decided that you are quitting? You still draw breath."

In her mind, it seemed a fairly simple point. How Adon reacted, clearly, she could not predict.

"Obsessing about a thing, is not healthy. You have merely obsessed about two things now, perhaps you should ..while here in this place, disperse that obsessive mind of yours, learn to embrace smaller goals and reap the accomplishments, for what you want-- not what you seek to control or contain. Fun. Learn to do things .. for fun."

If Adon looks at her, she's calm and relaxed, but a touch surprised at what she just suggested. She smiles though. Gorgeous exotic girl from another world, white and kahki clothing, looking much like a desert Princess.


Tryko'Sam wrote:
Headmaster Ryo wrote:

"School uniforms are provided, but you can go to town for your own shopping. There'll be a pamphlet of rules in your room."

"Ah, before I forget, where did you come from, Mr. Mullen? It's for your school record."

>> Guessing this guy's a stickler for the rules, but that's not my what I'm called-- bah, whatever, adapt, right? Right. <<

"Another planet, it's called Terra by the inhabitants, in an older language, called Latin. Nearly everyone calls it Earth, that speak this language I'm speaking, English. Kind of surprised I speak the same language you do, honestly. But, then again-- I'm here, which is probably an insane probability on it's own, unless you accept that some how this planet, or this school, lured me here, per what that girl Morrivan said about it being a sanctuary. I'll believe just about anything though. Does that help?"

>> Blather mouth. Oh shut it. <<

He smiles and then asks again, politely, "I don't know what to pay for things with-- what's the currency here on this world?"

"A bit. We use gold, silver and copper coins here as currency. All Agartha does, I believe. Gems too.'


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"But..our..date?" He is clearly upset that they may not go on it now.


Male Humanoid
Headmaster Ryo wrote:
"A bit. We use gold, silver and copper coins here as currency. All Agartha does, I believe. Gems too.'

"Guess I'll be needing to get me some of that.. Probably sooner than later. Appreciate your time, boss man." Tryko'Sam gives a salute of sorts, fingers to his right eyebrow and flick.

Seeing as that was complete, he'll step out in the hallway and roam some more, pulling out the map to try and find his quarters.


male human monk 16

Lang sits as if it seems his world is falling apart.

finally as Zilla appears to be loosing faith in all of her friends, He goes over to her. sits in front of her. I'm sorry Zilla, I feel like I have failed to earn your trust in me. but I want to share something with you, all of you for that matter. The last few days since meeting all of you, have been the best days of my entire life. You have taught me so much. lang touches his cheek where Zilla kissed him, like a memory he didn't want to loose.

Please Zilla, Midori, Grim, Hew, Sorun, you too Sara, we are supposed to be friends. we made a promise to find something fun to do together everyday. What should we do for today?

Lang looks at them almost pleading that they are listening and understanding. he seems fearful to go back to a life before they came here.


male human monk 16

edited thanks sara I went back 3 times and still forget people


Melody Waverider wrote:
Tybalt Baneko wrote:
Tybalt looks to melody. "I think this guy is lost but there's a language barrier. You speak catfolk and other stuff. Can you try talking to him?"

melody stops.

say what?

Melody comes over and looks at whoever it is.

she pulls out her sonic device and gives a quick scan. examines the readings.

hello. I'm Melody, This is Ty. who are you

any that can hear Melody, hear her in thier native language. (for most this is probably common.

Seven names and four blank 'thoughts' appear in Melody's mind at once, too jumbled to be understood.


Image
"Ace" wrote:
"But..our..date?" He is clearly upset that they may not go on it now.

"Well, I'll admit, the infirmary wasn't quite the venue I had in mind, but what can you do?" she said, joking. "Ace, you just worry about resting and getting better. We'll go another time. I won't say I'm not disappointed. Of course I am. But obviously your health is more important. Now rest!"


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Zilla wrote:


"I want to believe you Midori, but every time we trust someone they turn on us some how. Some worse than others. I keep trying to get Hew not to be as trusting but he keeps trying. Here I thought maybe we could trust people here, but I don't know anymore." Zilla wiped away a tear rolling down her cheek. She didn't know what to do she wanted to trust her but how could she. Maybe she has just been trying to get close to her and Hew all this time so to do like the others.

Like lightning, Midori has a kunai in her hand, stepping towards Zilla-chan. She presses the knife into her friend's hand, and then pulls it up to her throat. The blade draws a trickle of blood as Midori presses it into flesh slightly. The idyllkin closes her eyes, lets go of Zilla's hand. "I trust you Zilla-chan."


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

adon, though human, is built rather thinly, like an elf. He can't really be too strong- his structure suggests a constant training against being hit- thin, without extra large muscles, but large enough he could move quickly.

"Let me think... What do i enjoy doing? What was the last fun thing i actually did?"

. Running through about a years memory, he find one instance that he enjoyed himself- a lighthearted duel with vai. His pulse quickens as he thinks about it, almost falling into a trance. His eyes shut, and he twitches his hands around as if he was wielding his blade. Then, as quickly as it came, it was gone, hitting the part where he had cut vai open.

"When I think about it... I find dueling fun, usually. All of a sudden, Then that wasn't fun anymore... Every day, a seething hate for magic would take over, and i would be too but hating people to enjoy the opportunity to meet others i have had here... I saw people as frivolous, changing things, that would leave as soon as they came... And it's hard to shake that. I don't know, Tybalt thinks i need to learn to do something else... What else is there? I haven't looked past my blade for so long... Maybe getting rid of it was a good thing."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim goes over to her "I do trust you I was just trying to say that he cares for you, I'm sorry I said it wrong,"


Female Human Teenager
Adon Derro wrote:

adon, though human, is built rather thinly, like an elf. He can't really be too strong- his structure suggests a constant training against being hit- thin, without extra large muscles, but large enough he could move quickly.

"Let me think... What do i enjoy doing? What was the last fun thing i actually did?"

. Running through about a years memory, he find one instance that he enjoyed himself- a lighthearted duel with vai. His pulse quickens as he thinks about it, almost falling into a trance. His eyes shut, and he twitches his hands around as if he was wielding his blade. Then, as quickly as it came, it was gone, hitting the part where he had cut vai open.

"When I think about it... I find dueling fun, usually. All of a sudden, Then that wasn't fun anymore... Every day, a seething hate for magic would take over, and i would be too but hating people to enjoy the opportunity to meet others i have had here... I saw people as frivolous, changing things, that would leave as soon as they came... And it's hard to shake that. I don't know, Tybalt thinks i need to learn to do something else... What else is there? I haven't looked past my blade for so long... Maybe getting rid of it was a good thing."

"You should not let your emotions rule you, unless you wish to be merely a creature of .. feelings. Instincts I can understand, for survival, but ..your feelings, which you are expressing, do not speak of that. Why have you quit the blade work?"


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai is nearby to this conversation between Anahita and Adon.... but she's focused on the biomass. Sorry, can't do much more posting atm.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

Edit- "Not quitting blade work... just not carrying a blade... hecause... Well... Tybalt and i were sparring. Long story short- he won, using magic to teleport around me for a good hit. I... Sorta.... Ran him through with my sword. We were in the sim rooms, but still..." he gets really fidgety and blushes a little, sure she will leave at this point.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

It was a bit...disconcerting to go from no sensation at all to being in an Infirmary room, but it was a vast improvement as well. He politely listens to Johnny as he explains where he is and what is going on before bowing as respectfully as he can while laying in a bed. :)

"I am most grateful for your help, Johnny. I hope I have not been too great of an inconvenience on you or this place. I will look through these...selections...you spoke of while I speak with Vai."

Now for some shuteye. :D


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace chuckles a bit "You sorta sound like my mom at the end there. By the way, what time is it?"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace chuckles a bit "You sorta sound like my mom at the end there. By the way, what time is it?"

"Because that's what every girl wants to hear," she teased.

"And it's the beginning of sixth period I think. I'm pretty sure I heard the bell ring a little while ago."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"Well, my mom never kissed me all that much, at least not like you might. Wanna prove to me you aren't my mom?"

Doesn't need to be a makeout session or even close. I'm going somewhere with this


Female Human Teenager
Adon Derro wrote:
Edit- "Not quitting blade work... just not carrying a blade... hecause... Well... Tybalt and i were sparring. Long story short- he won, using magic to teleport around me for a good hit. I... Sorta.... Ran him through with my sword. We were in the sim rooms, but still..." he gets really fidgety and blushes a little, sure she will leave at this point.

"Does sparing not ..carry a risk of injury? Perhaps do not use real weapons in the future? Or continue to help teach Tybalt how to fight. He does not strike me as a warrior."

Anahita's hand is off his back now, seeing as he doesn't appear too distressed.

40,301 to 40,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 | 808 | 809 | 810 | 811 | 812 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.