Tharin - The Ironfist Clan (Inactive)

Game Master THE LOREMASTER

*Map of Tharin*
*Battle Map*


551 to 600 of 685 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

check right first


Roll Perception and Stealth Craag.


Actually, I'll do Perception rolls.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald follows closely at Craag's shoulder, holding formation.

Not even trying to stealth, and I'm pretty sure Craag won't either.


Uk brings up the rear with Tailwind, looking for signs of any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Craag turns and marches to the right with his shield up as if he was in a battle line stealth apparently forgotten.


Craag's Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Rao's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Gyrdwald's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Bower's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


You all turn the corner and see another cache of weapons. This one however is undeniably of Drow make!


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"Why do I suddenly have an uneasy beard twitch? Why would Drow ally with Orcs?""


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Look around and you might see five good reasons." Gyrdwald replies to Rao. "Still, drow do not usually form true alliances. My guess would be they hold leverage over the orcs. Or bags of gold in front of their snouts."

Though he would like to say that these new weapons were junk as well, Gyrdwald was wise enough to respect competent craftsmanship. The drow were good at magic as well, so he called upon a blessing of Clangeddin to see such things.

Detect magic


Through spell and perception, you all figure that this room contains well crafted, but mundane, Drow weapons only. There is nothing else of value here.

Action Ironfist Clan?


You all begin to move towards the next cavern.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Nothing here that deserves the notice of Clangeddin." Gyrdwald notes, then gestures for Craag to lead the way to the whistling heard earlier. Taking up his shield, Gyrdwald stays at Craag's shoulder, ready to heal or aid him.


Craag leads the way into the next cavern. You turn the corner and come into view. You all look around the large cavern, and see that the ceiling is covered in a gigantic web. The webbing covers the entire ceiling, and stops about 20 feet from the ground in most parts of the cavern. The webbing extends to the floor in different areas throughout the cave. You all look up and see that the cavern's webbing is connected to a thick single strand extending upwards into the darkness of an overhead tunnel system. The overhead tunnel extends past your ability to see.

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Fire it up guys someone light those webs up and burn em away"

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Inquisitor 3/Gunslinger 1 | HP 34/34 | AC 19 F 16 T 13 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Sense Motive +8

Aillig unslings his backpack and recovers a couple torches from it, lighting them with flint and steel and handing one to Craag. "Let's get to it."

Using a torch to burn away webs.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Replace Aillig with Gyrdwald in that last post. I apparently have too many dwarven PCs.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao likewise fires up a torch and lights the webbing on fire. He enjoys watching the flames shrivel the webbing away.


The webbing shudders and evaporates on the ground level, quickly succumbing to the heat of your torches. A final trove of high quality weapons and armor is revealed, alongside an exquisite chest.

Roll Perception Ironfist Clan.

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Uk warily watches while webs wonderfully wither.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

-Posted with Wayfinder


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Gyrdwald and Craag are the first to see a small Goblin sticking it's face out from behind a small alcove near the rear of the cave!

"Whatzis dis?! Who're youz?! You'z taint Capn Cruncher!"

The Goblin looks as though he wants to run, but seeing that there is no way out, he stays put and puts his hands up in surrender.


Uk grabs a battle ax off the wall, "Let's hack him pieces-"


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"Shotgun!" Rao yells the old saman word for first, as he hefts his axe onto his shoulder.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


"Pleasezz Masterzz Dwarvzes! I'ziz Buku. I'ziz only a guardzes! I'ziz tells youz allz ya wish ta knowz if'n you'ze sparesez meez lifezes!!!" The Goblin falls to it's knees, fingers clasped together, begging for it's pathetic life!


"Ere! Ere! Letz me provezez! Deyz comingz! Allz o' themzez! Rightzez nowzez! Drowz forz topzeez, big black spiderzz bodzie underneetzez! Scareez! Deyz knowzes youz 'ere cause a da webzez! We'z runzez nowzez orz weez allz diezez!"

No spell or special skill is needed to feel that Buku's fear is very real.


"And what's a little twerp like you doing here?! Laying a trap? Coming from what direction? Rao, bash him-" Uk tries to scare any hidden truths out.

intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

-Posted with Wayfinder

For the most part. these dice rolls are total three stooges for all our encounters


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao doesn't hear Uk as he tries to make sense of the Goblin's last words.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Spider-riding drow... Or something else?" Gyrdwald's eyes harden and glance up warily. He was trained well, and it would seem his companions were trained adequately, but even veteran dwarves take a confrontation with dark elves seriously.

Would we know about driders or is that a knowledge skill check? Gyrdwald only has knowledge religion.

Knowledge check: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Well Gyrdwald probably doesn't know...


You all know what Driders are.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"We should collapse the cave."

Gyrdwald had cast detect magic before. Were any masterwork/magic noticed among the drow weapons here?


The chest and weapons in the back corner of the cave, shine with magic.


"Grab a hammer everyone, lets seal them in!, with that, Uk leans his polearm against the wall and looks for a pick-like weapon in the pile.


Roll Knowledge Dungeoneering everyone!


KN Dungeon untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Knowledge Dungeoneering (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 4

"Sapping was not focused upon in my military studies. Magic, however, was. Let's us collect the chest and weapons over there."


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Knowledge Dungeoneering (Untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 18

Rao frowns as he looks around the cave and says, "We don't have time I think Saman! I think that we need to get the hells out of here! Unless we're ready to start killing Driders?"

Rao smiles as he considers the prospect of facing one of the Underdark's most deadly creatures.


Is the map exact? I don't see where they would come from? Is there a tunnel?

Of course none of us has any alchemist fires


The tunnel is on the cavern ceiling!


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

A little confused. Is Rao suggesting we abandon the chest and weapons and run? Also, Gyrdwald has alchemist fire.


Craag's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Rao's Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Uk's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Gyrdwald's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bower's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Round 1

Rao
Bower
Craag
Uk
Gyrdwald
Buku


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"We've got you covered Saman! Grab the magic items and go! Bower and I will be right behind!"

Rao and Bower pull out their ranged weapons and cover the top of the cave!


Craag is up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag grabs the chest and starts making his way out of the cave


Uk is up!


"Wise Eye, can you set the weapons ablaze with fire? Maybe the rising smoke will slow them down!


Map is right. Craag has the chest and will be able to move at the top of next round. Driders are incoming and will show up shortly.

551 to 600 of 685 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ironfist Clan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.