Tharin - The Ironfist Clan (Inactive)

Game Master THE LOREMASTER

*Map of Tharin*
*Battle Map*


351 to 400 of 685 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

The Barghest screams something in Goblinoid and then disappears into the night!

The Bugbear on Craag swings, determined to blood the armored Dwarf's perfect defense!
Morning Star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
The Bugbear lunges perfectly and is still met by Craag's shield! It's evil grin disappears knowing that death is all it has left!

The Bugbear turns towards Oren! Hate and the promise of death gleam in it's evil eyes!
Morning Star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
After years of surviving the danger of Hadorak, Oren maintains his composure and ducks as the Bugbear's attack swings high over his head!

The last remaining Goblin leaps into the air seeking to bury it's wicked sword into Tailwind's head!
Short Sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
The Goblin's blade tears a great gash into the Dire Wolf's head! Unable to withstand the pain and damage, Tailwinds drops to the ground finally succumbing to it's many injuries!


ROUND 11

Bower 4/20
Craag 28/28
Rao 11/22
Gyrdwald 10/21
Uk 10/28
Tailwind 0/20
Oren 22/22

1 Goblin on Tailwind/Uk -0
1 Bugbear on Craag -11
1 Bugbear on Rao/Oren -6

All Ironfist Clan up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag swings his axe still not able to find good footing for a suitable offence.

waraxe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"KIIIIIIILLLL!

Rao swings at the Bugbear trapped between himself and Oren!

Great Axe: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15, Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Dwarf Rogue Lv. 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (18 vs. traps) T: 13 F: 14 | CMB: +4 CMD: 18 | Fort +4 Ref +7 (+8 vs. traps) Will +3 (+2 poison, spells & sla)

Was I able to make out what the Barghest said before he fled?

"Looks loch yer boss has left ye tae die. Glad tae be ay service!"

With Rao in position, Oren slashes at the Bugbear's midsection.
Short Sword+Flanking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 2 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald calls upon his divine magic and touches Tailwind's bloody flank. "No Saman fall while I still stand. Not even furry ones!"

Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds (in place of cause fear): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Technically, if Tailwind was exactly at 0 hp, he wasn't down yet, but rather disabled.

Disabled:
When your current hit point total drops to exactly 0, you are disabled.
You gain the staggered condition and can only take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at –1 hit points and dying .
Healing that raises your hit points above 0 makes you fully functional again, just as if you'd never been reduced to 0 or fewer hit points.
You can also become disabled when recovering from dying . In this case, it's a step toward recovery, and you can have fewer than 0 hit points (see Stable Characters and Recovery).


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I turn towards the Bugbear that Craag is dancing with and flank around behind slowly. Keeping a watchful eye where the Barghest has slithered off to.

Bower lights up the bugbears midsection with a flurry of fists to its gut.

Brass Knuckles + Hatred + Flurry of blows #1:: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 3 = 22
Damage:: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Brass Knuckles + Hatred + Flurry of blows #2:: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 3 = 24
Damage:: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Bower crushes its bones with fists of iron on the side of the bugbears ribcage... *crunch* It howls in agony...

Health extremely low...
Current HP 4/20

I speak Undercommon, did I understand what the Barghest said? Something like, "I'll be back!" or just cursing us?

After the encounter I would like to ask the others if anyone knows what a Barghest is, or general info on the beast.


Aye Gyrdwald! Bower, confirm your Threat!


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I am attacking the bugbear next to me that Craag is fighting.

That confirm threat?

Any idea what that Barghest said before it disappeared?

Gyrdwald, do you want to help with that goblin before it kills Tailwind? I wont get to use flurry of blows on it if I move that far anyway.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Bower, I'm helping Tailwind by healing him so he can continue to fight.


Bower, roll another attack roll and damage to confirm the Critical.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Are both crits? Do I just roll 2 more damage?

Ill just add 2 more attack & damage rolls, use what you need

Brass Knuckles + Hatred + Flurry of blows #1:: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 3 = 22
Damage:: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Brass Knuckles + Hatred + Flurry of blows #2:: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 3 = 23
Damage:: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

lol, wow too bad these aren't on the other bugbear.

Bower growls menacingly as he crushes bones!

*Growl*


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Oh just read your DISCUSSION commentary M, thx for the explanation about crits, I'm still new to this combat system.

Confirmation on crit "18" mod to "22", crit achieved: damage = 9+9 from crit = 18 plus other hit of 7 dmg = 25 damage?

A bit overkill on the "bone crushing" eh?... wish it was the other bugbear, lol


Tailwind yelps and lurches up from Gyrd's healing touch. You can lick his hands later, now gobble this gobby!

Tailwind bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 >>1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Uk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 >>1d8 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (6) + 3 = 15


Rao and Oren keep the Bugbear trapped between them!

Craag occupies the Bugbear's attention before him, giving Bower the time he needs! The Monk lunges in scoring two powerful strikes to the already wounded things ribcage! Bones shatter and splinter tearing the Bugbear's insides up like so much mangled meat! It drops dead instantly at the feet of the Monk and the Iron Dwarf!

Gyrdwald sends healing energy into the powerful Tailwind before the creature can fall, giving it's Samurai rider time to cut the head off of the last goblin before them!


The last remaining Bugbear turns toward Oren knowing that it's only chance to escape is through this newest Dwarf! It sets its feet and swings its Morning Star in a deadly arc!

Morning Star: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The attack tears a chunk of flesh off of the stealthy Dwarf's forearm!


ROUND 12

Bower 4/20
Craag 28/28
Rao 11/22
Gyrdwald 10/21
Uk 10/28
Tailwind 8/20
Oren 18/22

1 Bugbear on Rao/Oren -6

All Ironfist Clan up!


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Not realizing the battle is nearly done and only seeing death, the Bloodrager stays focused on the Bugbear before him!

"RAAAAAHHH!!!"

Great Axe: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 22, Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


As Clangeddin's power fades from his polearm, Uk joins Rao in skewering the last bugbear.

naginata, Hatred, higher ground: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 25 >>damage, Holy Strike: 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (5) = 13


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I'm going to try to do a backflip over Cragg to get into the battle faster rather than running around the rock.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

If successful... attack last bugbear.

Let me know if I should move on the map to the west/left side of the bugbear or not.

Brass Knuckles + Hatred #1:: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 3 = 9
Damage:: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Rao buries his Axe into the last Bugbear's chest as Uk drives the tip of his Naginata into the things face!

All of you breathe heavily as the last of the evil creatures falls dead to the ground. You look at one another in awe of each others battle prowess!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"You all look like hammered s!%% you should think about using a shield"
Craag smiles and ducks behind his shield.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Shields are made to be broken, fists forged of iron are all I need!


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"Yaaaaghhh!" Is all the communication that Rao can give as he struggles to calm himself.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4
Craag wrote:
"You all look like hammered s%!# you should think about using a shield"

"How 'bout next time ye use yer axe?" Gyrdwald retorts with a chuckle.

Praying until his spirit is too weak to summon more spells, Gyrdwald heals himself, then Bower, then digs out some scrolls to work on the others with injuries.

"I kin heal the worst of yer cuts and bruises, but I'm keepin a few scrolls in reserve fer emergencies." Looking in the direction that the barghest was last spotted, he asks, "Do we rest up now or go after the leader?"

Fervor on Gyrdwald: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds on Gyrdwald (converted prot from evil): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Cure Light Wounds on Bower: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cure Light Wounds on Bower: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds on Uk: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cure Light Wounds on Rao: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds on Tailwind: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Updated HP totals
Bower 14/20
Craag 28/28
Rao 19/22
Gyrdwald 16/21
Uk 17/28
Tailwind 17/20


Not liking the thought of tracking in the night with half wounded, probably best to rest up and continue onward., Uk looks about for agreement.


Dwarf Rogue Lv. 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (18 vs. traps) T: 13 F: 14 | CMB: +4 CMD: 18 | Fort +4 Ref +7 (+8 vs. traps) Will +3 (+2 poison, spells & sla)

"Aye lads, it's seems best tae rest up afair strikin' it. 'At thaur Barghest was lookin' tae soften ye up afair takin' ye oan."

Oren looks around at the group and let's out a content sigh of relief.

"It's guid tae see ye aw together again. Lang may yer lum reek!"


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald nods his agreement with Uk and Oren. "Let us rest then."

Securing his axe to his belt and dropping his shield next to his bedroll, Gyrdwald approaches Oren and grabs his arm in greeting. "Never thought I'd be glad ye were sneakin about, but glad I am, and glad to see ye join us too."


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao is already asleep by the campfire, his rage having abated, and his fatigue having taken over.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Tis good to see you again old friend seems we have all came full circle and is us against the world again. Just this time the world is a lot bigger."


You all gain a nights rest, and feel rejuvenated if not totally healed. You have breakfast and eat hearty knowing that the road ahead will be a difficult one. You all relish in being assembled again and wonder what other brothers will find their way back.

Throughout the breakfast, you congratulate each other on standing unbending to the nights evils. You begin to feel what you felt in the days of your youth. That nothing can stand against you all when you are together.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

After you have eaten and enjoyed some fellowship, Rao reaches into one of his pouches and produces an ancient map of Tharin. He lays it out to all of you and says, "How shall we make it south Saman?"

Refer to the Map of Tharin.


Everone take 1815 Experience Points each, and 57 Gold Pieces each looted and divided from the dead bodies!


You all look to the map and see that this first half of this first tenday has been relatively easy up to last night. In the wilds of the North, to not have encountered anything up to now has been a blessing.

You are now about to enter the great northern pass, that will lead you to the King's Road, and then ultimately south towards Brom and Galadan.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao looks up and eyes the Warpriest.

"Gyrdwald, you mentioned going after that Barghest. It's just another creature, and probably of no real threat right? Is that something you still desire? What do the rest of you Saman think?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Best to cull the enemies forces if we can. In my opinion. Do we have anyone that can track the beast?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

After his morning prayers, Gyrdwald tends further to the wounds of the Saman, restoring them nearly entirely.

Prot from Evil converted to Cure Light Wounds on Bower: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fervor healing on Gyrdwald: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Cause Fear converted to Cure Light Wounds on Uk: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fervor healing on Uk: 1d6 ⇒ 4

At Rao's question, he replies, "I dislike the idea of a barghest lurkin about the roads near Thax, and I think it our duty to rid the land of it. Are we in such a hurry that we cannot at least try to track it down?"

If we don't have anyone skilled at tracking, Gyrdwald can be convinced to let it go, but would hope to take a day to leave warnings at a way station or with other travelers.

Updated HP totals, after 2hp healed from rest + healing spells and fervor.
Bower 19/20
Craag 28/28
Rao 21/22
Gyrdwald 21/21
Uk 27/28
Tailwind 19/20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Rogue Lv. 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (18 vs. traps) T: 13 F: 14 | CMB: +4 CMD: 18 | Fort +4 Ref +7 (+8 vs. traps) Will +3 (+2 poison, spells & sla)

"Ah am nae skilled at trackin'. If nane ay ye ur either, mebbe th' wolf can beak heem it."

It looks like Craag, Rao and Tailwind all have Survival. Tailwind has the Scent Special Ability as well.

Scent:

This extraordinary ability lets a creature detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

The creature detects another creature's presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If the creature moves within 5 feet (1 square) of the scent's source, the creature can pinpoint the area that the source occupies, even if it cannot be seen.

A creature with the Survival skill and the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Survival check to find or follow a track. A creature with the scent ability can attempt to follow tracks using Survival untrained. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. The DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry's odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Survival skill in regards to tracking. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Creatures with the scent ability can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.

Water, particularly running water, ruins a trail for air-breathing creatures. Water-breathing creatures that have the scent ability, however, can use it in the water easily.

False, powerful odors can easily mask other scents. The presence of such an odor completely spoils the ability to properly detect or identify creatures, and the base Survival DC to track becomes 20 rather than 10.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"You know me! I have no problem killin evil things Saman! Let's get im!"


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Thank you brother Rao for the mending.

(pause)

Count me in, I don't want that Barghest sending us anymore uninvited guests in the night whilst we sleep.

Who knows if he has some master, we should find it, before our location is given and our travels barred.

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Bah most of us make so much noise they know where we are"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag starts looking around to see if he can find any sing of tracks.

"I can give this a shot but the only thing I know about the woods is linked to filling my belly.

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao follows suit and begins walking the area looking for any sign of the Barghest's escape route. He calls on his skills learned from the time he spent with the Soaring Eagle Tribe in the North.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald offers prayers of guidance for the Saman as they pursue the Barghest.

Guidance orison spell: grants a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies. Duration is 1 minute, or until used.


Survival roll for Tailwind to Track the Barghest needed!


After a lot of morning crotch sniffing on the entire squad, Tailwind finally gets to the task.

Track via Scent: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Tailwind finds the scent and begins to follow the Barghest's trail.


"Onward khazads! Keep your eyes peeled!"

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


You track the Barghest for the better part of a day and close in on it's lair. The tracks are worryingly easy to follow.

After a while, you all come to a cave jutting up from a rock outcropping. There is no movement anywhere you can immediately see.

Roll Stealth & Perception Skills Ironfist Clan!


Dwarf Rogue Lv. 3 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 17 (18 vs. traps) T: 13 F: 14 | CMB: +4 CMD: 18 | Fort +4 Ref +7 (+8 vs. traps) Will +3 (+2 poison, spells & sla)

Oren slips into the shadows and scans the area.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

351 to 400 of 685 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ironfist Clan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.