Tharin - The Ironfist Clan (Inactive)

Game Master THE LOREMASTER

*Map of Tharin*
*Battle Map*


151 to 200 of 685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Worg closes on Uk seeking to tear the Samurai's throat out!

Bite/Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Uk steps out of the way of the dangerous maw!


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao limps in close to Tailwind immediately going to work on the mortally wounded Dire Wolf!

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Tailwind Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Tailwind stabilizes!!!


Craag is up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag starts circling around the warg trying to get in behind the beast and hacks at it with his war axe.

war axe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Craag runs in and chops into the Worg cutting deep and to the bone! The Beast howls against the pain and impending doom!


Uk is up!


Seeing Tailwind taken ccare of, Uk goes all out on the remaining beast

flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18 >>1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Uk slashes at the Worg with his Naginata taking one of its ears off!


ROUND 8
Orc Leader -49
Worg -27

Craag 14/14
Rao 0/8
Uk 17/17
Tailwind -9/20


The Worg tears at Uk, enraged now with an evil bloodlust!

Bite/Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Worg misses its bite off balanced by the Dwarven flanking maneuver!


Craag is up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag seeing the beast enraged takes a tentative swing testing its defenses.

war axe: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao goes to work on the Orc, thinking him to be a source of information!

Heal Skill: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The Orc continues to bleed out!

Uk is up!


Damn it, die already!

flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 >>1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


ROUND 9
Orc Leader -50
Worg -27

Craag 14/14
Rao 0/8
Uk 17/17
Tailwind -9/20


The Worg snaps ferociously at Uk seeking to end the Dwarf violently!

Bite/Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Worg tears into Uk's arm spilling his blood for the first time since the cavern battle!

Craag is up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Seeing the Warg injure his friend Craag drops his shield and steps in swinging his axe with 2 hands.

Axe: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Blood flies and the Worg howls in pain and fury and turns it's attention towards Craag!!!

Uk is up!


Uk maneuvers to the side and swings wide!

flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20 >>damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


ROUND 10
Orc Leader -50
Worg -43

Craag 14/14
Rao 0/8
Uk 17/17
Tailwind -9/20


Uk tears another gash into the Worg's flank! It howls as the Ironfist Clan tears it's life from it! It bites at Craag in desperation!

Bite, Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Craag knocks the Worg's maw away yet again! The Shieldhammer and the Umberbrand stand as Avatars of Moradin's will!

Craag is up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag take another 2handed swing with his axe trying to end the beast.

war axe: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Craag cuts the Worg's head off!


The three of you stand catching your breaths, your enemies lay broken around you.


"What should we do with him?" Rao points to the broken Orc Chief wondering if he should even bother with trying to save him.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Without waiting for a response, Rao tries to stabilize the Orc again.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"His wounds are beyond my capacity to heal."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"What do I look like a cleric. Guess we drag him back to someone that can fix him."
Craag says while searching the orc before grabbing it by the foot and dragging him twords the battle lines.

"Oh and grab that pup carcass it it will make a nice cloak if someone can skin it."


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"Nevermind, the filth is dead..." Rao stands up clutching his wounded chest and shrugging his shoulders. He laughs and says,"F!+@ him!"


Craag, you find a pouch of 300 gold pieces attached to the Orc Chief's belt, and as you reach out for the Great Axe you see...

Roll Appraise Skill Craag

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I see a worthless axe lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Whoa, look at those mushrooms this idiot fell on, Uk checks area Craag.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Rao clutches at his chest, but forgets his injury as he stares at the axe.

"Saman," he says to Craag. "Let me see that a minute..."


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao catches himself remembering that Craag and Uk have only recently been reunited with him and says, "Forgive me Saman. I only wish to inspect it and will return it quick."

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"I have an axe that thing seems useless maybe melt it down for slag. "


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"I'll hold onto it then. I'm pretty sure it's not magical, but it is old. There's something about the markings though that is interesting. I'll have to study it more later. Let's get out of here. Blow the horn so Sergeant Nunatak can get us out of here."


Craag blows the horn and after a few hours Nunatak clears the corridor of the fallen debris allowing your freedom back to the First. Your first full fledged battle ends with hoots and cheers as the story of the Orc Chieftains demise goes through the Division. The Commander Awards you both, Medals of First Conflicts thus recognizing your valiant efforts this day. Tailwind and Rao are healed by Kazunder Lichbane, and the First moves back towards Thax, merriment and celebration already beginning on the long march home.

The Iron Fist Clan gains glory and honor, and the First Infantry of Thax once again successfully defends it's borders!

Everyone take 2010 experience points! Congratulations! Story Arc 1 is completed!


20 years ago, Gora the 57th King of Thax watched as a young group of Dwarves from the Ironfist Clan dominated the Tri Annual Stonethrower Gathering. Even though competitors from all of the Clans of Thax were present, the young group, who dubbed themselves the Saman, dominated every event they were placed in. It was plain to all gathered that this group of Ironfists was special, and contained potential that few would ever see. They moved as if Moradin himself had blessed them.

In his wisdom, King Gora sent these Saman out into the wide world of Toril, as representatives of Thax, to learn and grow. He hoped that one day they would return and bring with them a knowledge and understanding of the wider world. Now, some of the Saman have made their way back to Thax.

It has been many days since the First Infantry returned home to Thax. After the celebrations in Thax proper ended, Commander Hammerhand dismissed his soldiers to return home for a little rest and relaxation. You left the Great Gate of Thax, and crossed it’s long bridge until coming out to Ironfist Village. Though the village has ever stood as Thax’s first line of defense against outside invasion, the moment you all walked through the Gate of Dumathoin, you knew you were home.

Since you were all willful youths, the Dining Room of the Shieldhammer Family has always been one of the most inviting tables to sit and eat at. You spent many nights here as children and adolescents, eating the homemade food of Kayber Shieldhammer, Craag’s Mother. Many nights, the matron of the Shieldhammer family would bring all of you in after a day of mischief to sup at her table with her own sons, as if you were also her children. Though it has been many years since the Saman have gathered here, tonight is no different.

The familiar smells of her grilled Rothe, waft into the dining room from the kitchen, sending all of your mouths watering. Where many of the male Dwarves put to the forge to create weapons and armor of wonderment, Lady Kayber’s forge has ever been the stove, and kitchen. Though a retired veteran of great reknown herself, she now puts steel to flesh in a different way, regularly concocting food of such magnitude that King Gora himself, seeks an audience whenever he visits Ironfist Village.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao sits down relaxing at the table as if he had never left Ironfist Village.

"After spending so many years with the Eagle Tribe, I'm looking forward to this. Barbarian food is raw alot of the time, and you know I love me some raw. Wizard food can be really bland depending on who is casting. After all of this time, I have to say it to the gods themselves, I love cooked Rothe!"

He sits down, eagerly awaiting the feast Maern Kayber prepares.

"What was the food like in Kozakura, Uk? Fishy I bet. You know how those Easterners are."

Rao winks slyly, oblivious to any decorum.

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Nothing beats Moms cooking but just remember I'm the favorite around here so I get the big piece of chicken"

Craag says while spearing the biggest piece of meat he can spy.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao was waiting for Craag to start. Once Craag has his food, he digs in grabbing some of the rarer Rothe Steaks and chows down.


"Uk Umberbrand!" Maern Kayber's tone scolds as she enters the dining room carrying a barrel of vintage ale on her shoulder. "Respond when someone asks you a question!"

Rao smiles, pleased at having gotten Uk in trouble, just like in the old days.


You all continue to munch on Your chosen meats while Maern Kayber pours you all a drink. The door slams open suddenly, and you are joined by Nunatak and his wife, Hari of the Stonethrower Clan.

"Maern!" They both yell in unison. After the traditional hugs and head butts of love and greetings, the two sit and join in the feasting. "Sorry we're late all, but I had to give the wife a little pickle tickle after being gone for more than a tenday!" Nunatak says smiling widely.

Rao laughs, Maern Kayber rolls her eyes, and Hari smacks Nunatak across the back with an embarrassed smile.


"So little Brother," says Hari to Craag as she slices into her Venison with a proper knife and fork. "Nunoo tells me you kicked Orc rear out there. The Bards and Skalds are already calling it the 'Rout at the Big Cave.' Songs and stories are already being written. How do you feel about your first big battle?"

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Bah just some scummy orc and his pup. I enjoyed the battle lines more. Shield ta shield with the rest of the guys. More of a target rich envirement"


Your last statement draws laughter and banging on the table in agreement from all present.

Nunatak says, "That's my baby brother!" He reaches to his belt and pulls out three medium sized pouches. He flings one to Craag, Uk, and Rao and says, "Here are your share of the spoils! Next time, make sure you do some looting of the dead enemy to find more fun trikets."

Inside the bag, each of you receive 300 gold pieces worth of small diamonds, and emeralds.

"These Orc's had some wealth on them for sure. Weird," says Nunatak.


There is a strong knock on the door suddenly. Maern Kayber opens it to find a tattooed Dwarf standing alone in the cool evening...


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

"Maern! I'm home, I smelled your cooking from the Irori temple!"

You all see your old dwarven brother, Bower Bonecrusher, standing tall and proud, with monastic facial tattoo's. You see a changed dwarf, his many years of training in the monestary complete, now come full circle as he returns home to his dwarven forge.

"How are you my brothers?!"

151 to 200 of 685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ironfist Clan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.