Tharin - The Ironfist Clan (Inactive)

Game Master THE LOREMASTER

*Map of Tharin*
*Battle Map*


201 to 250 of 685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Great Moradin! Bower!" Maern Kayber hugs yet another of Craag's old friends close. "His forge be praised, but all of you Saman are returning home!"

All stand to greet the return of the Saman's Monk!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

Rao approaches Bower and clasps his hand in a brotherly grip!

"Been a long time Brother Bower! I'm glad to see that Monk living hasn't softened you up!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

"It is good to see you again brother Rao! I assure you that my mind, body & soul have never been stronger! Why I can crush bones with my bare hands!"

(clenching fists) Rawr! (low deep growl)

"Tales of my brothers great adventures have traveled far, I am eager to join you and gain enlightenment."

"Come let us toast, be merry and celebrate before the night is lost and we must set out."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Well look what the cave rats dragged in." A voice grumbles from the door. Standing there, bedecked in the holy vestments of The Father of Battle, a silver helm tucked under one arm, is another member of clan Ironfist - Gyrdwald Wise-Eye.

Bald like Bower, he wears a steel patch over one eye, the surface engraved with the dwarven rune for wisdom.

Also like the monk, he spent time away from home training and serving with the Warpriests of Clanggedin. It was during that time when he lost his eye, though he never speaks of the circumstances. He returned a couple years ago to stand watch at the temple and has spent many a night at Kayber Shieldhammer's table.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"By Moradin's Anvil, Gyrdwald Wise-Eye!"

Rao is struck dumbfounded at the sight of the Priest, another of his oldest and dearest friends standing once again in the flesh with him. He gives silent praise to the All Father for this blessed time.

"Mighty Silverbeard has forged you into a powerhouse old friend!" Rao wraps the Priest in a brotherly embrace.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Monks,Priests,Paladins,Wizards......Hey Ma you better bust out the old axe we being invaded tonight and most of em brought Gods and books to thump us with."Craag yells without ever stopping eating.

Smiling he gestures to the table "Sit down boys we can catch up over dinner it is good to see ya all. I don't think we all been in the same room at once in years"


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Sitting down to an all familiar home, he grabs a chair and sits to share tales of his travels with his brothers while enjoying Maern Kaybers' delicious dinner.

"Welcome Gyrdwald, sit a while, drink, and be merry!" (chucles)

"Has anyone heard of anything exciting going on around here lately?"
(looking at Craag)


Rao is about to answer when Maern Kayber brings in the main course of Great Elk prime cut! She lays the biggest piece in front of Craag, and lays similar but smaller portions out before the rest of you!

"Always being babied...," Nunatak says half laughing and half annoyed. "Everybody loves Craag. You better enjoy that until Serac gets here. I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to be business as usual." Nunatak speaks as if he knows something.

You all dig in to the North's finest delicacy enjoying the night with old gathered friends and merriment. The vintage ale flows as does the song and comeraderie!


The night begins to wind down as Nunatak, Hari, and Maern Kayber retire outside for a toke on the old pipe weed. You all hear Nunatak playing fetch with Tailwind.

The five of you look at each other, amazed that the years have not diminished the core spirit of your bond.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"I find it interesting that we all return to where we began. I must say, and I know Gyrdwald can confirm this for me, that Lord Dumathoin has something planned for us." None of you miss the reference to the Dwarven God of Secrets Under the Mountain.

"Running with the Tribe of the Eagle on the Barbarian Plains helped me grow up alot. I learned my trade and have earned the right to bloodrage. How were your times away Brothers?" Rao asks the gathered Saman, truly interested in how their experience molded them.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Dumathoin always has somethin planned." Gyrdwald replies as he tears a loaf of stoneground bread and dips it into some lamb stew gravy. "Rarely does he ever share those plans though."

Holding the bread high, he offers a prayer, "Blessings from the Silverbeard," and shoves it into his mouth. Splashing some ale into a mug, he washes it down and looks to his brothers. "What ain't a secret is that some of ye've seen battle recently. Any tales worthy of retellin?"


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"As a matter of fact Gyrdwald..." Rao slams the Orc Chieftains former weapon onto the table."Perhaps you can shed more light on this?"

The polished Axe gleams in the rooms ample candlelight making it impossible to miss the Rune inscribed into it.


All can make an Appraise Roll, and any Knowledge History, Blacksmithing or Knowledge Religion rolls if they have the appropriate skill!


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"I know what I think it means, but I need to make sure."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald looks at the rune, his thoughts turning to his religious training. Offering a simple prayer for Clanggedin's guidance, he traces the symbol.

Knowledge Religion + Guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23


Uk had been in deep thought, looking to the depths of his war mug,...Why does ale bubble so?

"Tails?!", he jolts out of the spirits-stupor, "Oh TALES, yes tales! Let me tell it again, this time on top of the king pooper himself. Tailwind! -Come here!!" Drunkenly climbing on Tailwind and mounting the saddle backwards and motions a charge command, "Suh'o thar we were-- ::bulp::


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Let me see here...
.
.
.
.

(My Craft & Profession are Blacksmithing)
Profession: Blacksmith: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 20
Craft: Weaponry: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 + 3 = 23

(My other skills are)
Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Knowlege: History: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Knowlege: Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Interesting, this looks very familiar!

I can tell quite a bit about this axe in regards to the quality and materials, but the runes I am not positive about...

...perhaps if I examine them a bit longer I may be able to decipher the runes a bit more to be sure.


You all pool your knowledge and realize that the symbol etched into the axe could have belonged to the famed legion of Brom Firstborn. Also known as the Founder and 1st King of the Dwarves of Tharin.

The story claims that Brom and his allies did battle with an evil that sought to destroy the land of Tharin. Somewhere within Tharin, the goodly races joined forces and an epic battle was fought against this darkness. The King fell in that battle against the evil, and with no heir as strong as he, the Dwarven Kingdoms broke from the Kingdom of Brom’s lead to forge their own destinies. All in the Ironfist Clan know the story, for it was Brawn Ironfist, the King’s most trusted Knight and Champion who wielded the magical hammer known as ‘Unity’ into battle. According to legend, Brawn Ironfist was crucial to the alliance of Elves, Men, and Dwarves. His hammer, the mighty ‘Unity,’ was lost in that war against the darkness. After that final, terrible battle, Brawn retired to Thax to govern, and left the running of the greater Kingdom of Brom to others.

You all know that ancient Dwarven prophecies within the Clan, have foretold that the one who finds Brawn’s hammer, will once again unite the Kingdoms of the Dwarves. This Axe could have belonged to one of the Dwarves of the King’s Guard that fought in that final battle alongside Brawn Ironfist and Brom Firstborn. With little knowledge other than the basic information you all compiled here, you know that there is really only one way to truly be certain of the Axe's origin.

Travel to the great Dwarven City of Brom in the south, to speak with the clerics and historians there.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"What do you think we should do Brothers?" Rao asks sensing the Saman's greater destiny at hand.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I wonder how that orc got this dwarven axe...

Perhaps this is no coincidence that Irori temple sent me on the path of enlightenment, and we find ourselves all here after so many moons. This clue that Rao found, could re-unite our society.

We should make preparations and set forth south to Brom as soon as we can!

(sits in corner on the floor, crossing legs with hands clasped together and meditates on the matter.)

Meditation:

Thats my thing for this character, as part of my monastic training and daily routine, one thing I do each morning & evening (when possible) is meditate for 30-60 mins to focus & reflect.

I am unsure if you can regain partial "Ki" points in this fashion without a full 8hr rest.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Aye." Gyrdwald agrees and downs the rest of his mug. Standing, makes for the door. "This time, I'll see about joinin ye in the adventure."

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

"Pack your bags boys looks like we off as quickly as we got back"


”Packed and ready!”, Uk pats his full stomach, ”Six is a squad!”.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

"Might swing by the general store, and meditate a bit, other than that I'm ready to crush some bones!"


Before Bower or Gyrdwald can leave, Nunatak stands up and slams his fist on the table. ”Moradin’s Sacred Hammer and Anvil! Maern! Craag and his Saman are going on a quest!!! Craag's elder brother roars with an expectant glee.

Almost immediately Maern Kayber, Hari, and Serac Shieldhammer who must have arrived sometime after dinner, all enter the room. The Shieldhammer family pushes past all of you and surround Craag.

Maern Kayber Shieldhammer approaches her youngest son, and places a Dwarven Waraxe lovingly in front of him. ”This was your fathers, my son. He was awarded this by King Gora himself when he became a 2nd Grade Officer with the First Infantry. It is now yours,” she says as she looks over to Serac. He approaches Craag and says, “Yes my Brother, you are hereby promoted to Officer of the 2nd Grade within the eternal First. Commander Hammerhand authorized the recommendation this morning. Congratulations!”

Your family looks at you with a beaming pride that you know you will live up to. The Shieldhammer’s have ever been the backbone of the First Infantry of Thax. Every Shieldhammer has become an Officer of the Thax Army and served the King dutifully, often giving their very lives for the Kingdoms survival. With this promotion, you know that your time has come to uphold the family name.

Craag receives a +2 Magical Dwarven Waraxe as a family heirloom.

”We will need to know where that Axe comes from,” says Serac pointing towards Rao. ”On my authority as a Sub Commander of the First, you are hereby allowed to travel with a squad of your choosing, and ascertain the origin of that Axe.”


Over the next two days, all of you supply up in preparation for your long journey to Brom.

You leave the gate of Ironfist Village on the morning of the third day, and take the first step of a quest that will span years...


It has been a tenday since leaving Ironfist Village.

You all sit out in front of the fire, having finished the very last of the meat and vegetables Maern Kayber Shieldhammer packed for the 5 of you, your bedrolls now out and ready.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"Who wants first watch tonight?"

Rao throws the Great Elk rib into the fire and licks his lips savoring the last of Maern's perfect seasoning.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Sleep well my brothers, it would be my honor to take the first watch of the night.


Character Image Rank: 0, Defense: 0%, Protection: 0, Life: 0

"It's my turn to sleep through the night Bower. I'm going to sleep. You all figure it out. Night." With that Rao plops down, unconscious before his head hits his roll.


This whole first tenday of your journey has been relatively easy. The first 3 days you were still within the borders of Thax and enjoyed your rest at roadside inns, but now you have reached open country.

Yesterday it was decided that each nigh, four of you would take a 2 hour watch, while one of you slept through the night. You all know that at some point you will be awoken for your shift. The evening stretches out and Bower begins first watch.

Roll Perception Bower.


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Let us stick with two to a watch. I'll join Bower for the first."

Gyrdwald readies his axe and assumes a stance at the edge of camp.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

However, Gyrdwald is distracted in his thoughts and polishing his axe.

Purchased a few more items. I also have 5 days rations. How long is this journey, and should we consider more supplies or is that taken care of?


It will take two weeks (two tendays) to get to Azrak, which is the closest Dwarven Kingdom. You all just ran out of food given you by Maern. You can hunt if you run out of food.

Roll Perception Bower.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

Perception: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 20

As my friends sleep, I make my way around the edges of the camp looking about into the darkness (darkvision), wearing my brass knuckles).


Uk stares off into the flame-lit darkness, left hand on the hooch, right hand on the hound. He hums an odd song that seems to amplify the harmonics from his grunt-tinged lyrics.

Perception during his turn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Tailwind's Perception via Scent : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

::Snores::


Bower, your clear mind tells you that something small moves in the bushes east of your party.

The other Saman, including Tailwind, seem unaware.


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

As I circle around the campfire peering into the darkness, passing by Uk, I kneel down to pet his hound, and whisper to Uk...

Hey, I think I see something small rustling in the bushes.

I pet Uk's hound and peer into the darkness from the campfire pretending not to notice somethings presence, while I try to discern what kind of small denizen it is that I sense.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 19


"Uh? Ummm..." Uk adjusts his eyes and seeks out the sound.

darkvision

-Posted with Wayfinder


The unmistakable cruel visage of a lone Goblin stares at all of you, not realizing it's presence has been noticed.
Bower, Uk, and Gyrdwald are up!


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I'm going to pretend that I am still unaware of his presence and see if I can't get closer to him, then sprint and rush him, to capture, not kill if possible. I'd like to know who's spying on us & why.

Here wolfie' lets play fetch...


Tailwind looks at you and then nuzzles it's head into it's paws, not recognizing a need to respond to your wishes.

Uk, and Gyrdwald are up!


Dwarf Warpriest 4 | HP 39/39 | AC 21 T FF 20 T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +9 (+2 poison/spells/SLA) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gyrdwald frowns at Bower and grumbles. "Ain't a time fer playin."

He then returns to his diligent watchpost, looking in the completely wrong direction.

Gyrdwald is still oblivious to the spy.


"A lone gobby? Unlikely-", Uk nudges Tailwind, "Go wake the others", then grabs a burning stick and tosses it at the goblin's location, trying to light the surrounding area.


The Goblin rushes out of the bushes and starts screaming expletives in goblinoid. It motions, taunts, and threatens, with it's mini knife waving about in front of it.

Initiative rolls are...

Uk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Craag: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Gyrdwald: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bower: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rao: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Goblin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


ROUND 1

Bower 20/20
Craag 28/28

Goblin 0

Rao 22/22
Gyrdwald 21/21
Uk 28/28
Tailwind 20/20

Bower and Craag are up!

Grand Lodge

m dwarf fighter/4 /AC 30, touch 13, flat-footed 27/ hp 42 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +3; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Craag wakes up and grabs a rock and chucks it at the varmet.

"Stop ya screaming. Can't ya see we trying to sleep around here"

rock/hatred: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


Male Dwarf Monk Lv.2 / Init:+3 / Perception +8 / HP: 20 / AC:15 / CMB:4, CMD:17 / F:+5, R:+6, W:+6 / Hero Points: 2

I'm going to do a somersault (acrobatics) to quicky close the distance with the goblin, try to unarm the goblin's knife, and incapitate him with a headlock.

I'll get you my pretty! lol

Somersault (bull rush)
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 8
Lands in bush upside down looking up at the goblin?! lol

Disarm
CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Headlock/Incapacitate/Capture
CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

I don't understand his gibbering, does anyone?


Don't forget to use the Battle Map at the top of the Gameplay Thread to determine your location and make the appropriate action. You're too far out of range to accomplish all of that. Bower runs up to the target.

The rock sails wide of the Goblin who snickers at Craag's futile attempt.

Bower leaps over the fire and runs straight at the Goblin. The creature, unusually bold for one of it's type, takes it's opportunity to swing on the wild monk!

Attack of Oppotunity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

It yells with a bestial tone calling for others of it's kind, also slashing at Bower again!

Short Sword: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Threat: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

A cut appears under Bower's right eye as the bold goblin leaps up and slashes with it's blade!


Rao, Gyrdwald, Uk, and Tailwind are up!

201 to 250 of 685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Ironfist Clan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.