Starfinder: Nomad Section

Game Master nomadicc


251 to 300 of 1,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast moves to line the Lore Seeker behind the ET again


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast shadows the Endless Threnody in a lagging spiral, using your speed and maneuverability advantage to turn up right at their 6 o'clock.

Val'nor redistributes the shields, leaving your aft slightly exposed.

Blax-9 puts the issue to rest, however. With a well-placed shot, he sends a coil gun round through the center of the enemy ship. Their engines immediately sputter and fail, and the Endless Threnody drifts along its last trajectory, neutralized.

End of Space Combat!

You each earn 200 xp for the encounter (bringing you to 550 total).


In space, no one can hear you scream

... and then?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater slaps the helmet down on his suit and taps the side of it with his head, "Half-shanks hear Lasereater?"

After testing his communicator, he pulls out a laser pistol and a grenade "Times to boards?"


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 kicks his feet up on the console and leans back in his seat with his hands behind his head. "Man, I told you I was good. That was too easy. Did you see me blow that thing up?"

He then sighs and picks up his weapon, gear and a box of fresh cigars. "Yeah, I guess we may as well board and finish 'em."


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast pulls the Loreseeker slowly up alongside the crippled Endless Threnody. The Corpse Fleet starship bristles with bone spurs and a baleful red lens at its fore resembles a swollen and bloody eye. Crackles of dark necrotic energy leap across the bone spurs, discharging from the ruined ship’s necromantic power source. Val'nor's scans of the ship show that the dangerous radiation is emanating chaotically throughout parts of the ship.

Bast stabilizes your ship and fires a tether harpoon. You don your armor and check the pressure seals one more time before crossing the tether line into the starboard cargo hold. The hold is mostly empty. Nearly half of the hull here is ripped apart from battle damage, and any significant cargo was probably blown out.

Map is up on Roll20. Let me know if you have any questions or anything special for pre-board preparations.


Android Mechanic Level 1

I forget, why are we boarding and not just blowing them out of the sky, do we need intel?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Bodies of the starfinders? Data pointing to them? The Endless Threnody picked up the insignia from the Unbounded Wayfarer wreckage on a desert planet.
Need nav logs to track down where


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Giddy at the thought of 'Walking in space', Val'nor checks, and rechecks his gear. He Grabs his Pack, and data pad, checks his comm "Check, Check, You guys hear me?" Once he gets a response he draws his blaster and follows the others into the Undead ship.

Computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 We should be able to download the nav data from: ???


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 arms his weapon and follows the others in.


In space, no one can hear you scream

You're all in the starboard cargo hold, as above. Plans?

Val'nor notices a small computer terminal by the locker on the north side of the cargo bay. You might be able to access nav data there, but most likely you will have to access it from the bridge.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 moves to the doors and stands guard. He nods to Val'nor and growls, "Check out the computer before we move in."


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Zero g or is their artificial gravity / magnetic boots?

Lasereater cackles across the comms as they move across the tether and on to the dead ship, "Creepy dead things be walksing around, yess? Being carefuls, half-shanks."


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor moves to the terminal and plugs in:

Computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 <-- Search for Nav data


In space, no one can hear you scream

@ Lasereater: Great question! I didn't even think about gravity. For the moment, lets assume artificial gravity is still working...

As expected, Val'nor cannot access the nav data from this terminal. It appears to be a control terminal for the cargo hold, but it is limited in scope. Val'nor has trouble understanding the Eoxian dialect of the computer.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor says "Not surprising, I can't get any data from here. But even their code gives me the creeps."

Weapon readied, Val'nor watches the doors in the NW corner of the room.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 shrugs. "Let's find these undead bastards and finish 'em."

He opens both doors in turn.


Android Mechanic Level 1

I am assuming there is a way to secure the ship to make sure that they can't hide and steal it from us?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor scratches his head, "Give me a moment to figure this key pad out."
Great Idea, let me read up on computer locks, then I'll post something dramatic


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Man, is the rule book ever not helpful. I'm going to roll an engineering check and a computer check, I have no idea which is appropriate. at the DMs discretion, of course

Val'nor whispers "Wow, good idea." He walks back to the Loreseeker's hatch and presses the keypad button for 'close' and then locks it, using a 14 digit pin - 'Sarigar_Smells'. He then transmits the code to the parties comm units. " Just wave your comms at this keypad and you'll get access to the ship."

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 to figure out the keypad.
Computer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 to add the password.
Computer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 to program the comms.


In space, no one can hear you scream

I suppose it isn't really specified in the existing rulebooks; maybe more will detailed with the upcoming equipment book. It should be no problem to set up a basic biometric lock on the ship... the Starfinders would have coded you to the ship before you got the keys.

Val'nor spends a couple minutes setting up a passkey onto the Loreseeker's hatch while Blax-9 checks the two doors. One hangs partially open, leading to a small weapons locker that sustained significant damage in the ship-to-ship combat, or previously. All that remains are damaged scrap and weapon parts; any weapons in good condition were removed.

The second door opens into the center of the Endless Threnody, a primary gangway corridor, open to space in many places, that encircles a large, sealed chamber. The corridor is not made of solid bulkheads of metal and plastic, but of a lattice of enchanted bone and steel. A metal grating on the floor provides stable footing, but the walls have gaps large enough to fit a fist. The passages split and recombine in a manner eerily reminiscent of being inside a giant rib cage

Hatches lead fore and aft, presumably to the bridge and engine bay, respectively. A miasma of leaking necrotic energy surrounds the aft hatches.

A scraping and shuffling alerts you to danger as three skeletal undead round the corner to the fore. They scramble towards you intent on harm.

Skeletons Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Roll Initiative and post actions if you beat the above!


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

The skeletons catch you off-balance as they rush in. They attack Blax-9 in the doorway, slashing with twin wrist blades.

S1 vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15; Slash Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
S2 vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22; Slash Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The third skeleton crawls up the bulkhead and through a wide gap in the rib-like structure, moving out into space along the outer hull.

Actions?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater will move behind Valnor and chuck a frag grenade through the door just behind the back skeleton.

To hit Square AC5 + cover: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2; Reflex for half; explode 15 foot radius


Android Mechanic Level 1

Sorry for the delay folks

I speak Eoxian...

Init - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I think we covered this in the last fight but there is no penalty for firing into melee now correct? If that is the case..

Bast will fire his pistol at the skeleton across from him

To hit KAC - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 5
Total Damage - 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor fires at the Skeleton to Basts right.

ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 takes a guarded step backwards and then fires at the skeleton in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


In space, no one can hear you scream
Bast Ardsley wrote:
I think we covered this in the last fight but there is no penalty for firing into melee now correct? If that is the case..

Yes, but cover is still a thing.

*

Blax-9 backs up and blasts the skeleton, blowing it apart and sending bones flying. Bast fires a precision shot, knocking the second skeleton's head off; the rest of it crumbles into a pile.

Lasereater hucks a grenade up into the rib-spar to hit the skeleton outside. Val'nor fires his laser pistol but clips the hull near his target.

S3 Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The skeleton crawls across the outer hull then drops into a damaged gap in the cargo hold. It slashes at Lasereater.

S3 vs Lasereater KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22; Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Two more skeletons rounds the corner from the south, marching steadily towards you. A third figure, another skeleton but dressed in an armored space suit, shoves open the hatch from the engine room. His eyes glow with a cold, cunning light as he stands in the necrotic energy field. He orders the two skeletons to halt and defend the corridor.

*

Actions?

What is Blax-9's health? Your status bar has said 0/8, 8/11 for a few months.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater steps back and fires his laser pistol shooting off into space.

To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Stat block corrected.

Blax-9 ducks under Lasereater's wild shot and then fires on the skeleton to his south, but his shot is no better than the goblin's.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Val'nor shoots the skel nearest Laser:
ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast will fire at the skeleton in the room

To Hit KAC - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 6


In space, no one can hear you scream

You all focus on the skeleton in the cargo hold. Lasereater and Blax-9 miss their mark, but Val'nor and Bast both hit it in quick succession. The undead foe flies falls in pieces.

Under command of the armored skeleton to the south, the two skeletons remain standing guard in the corridor.

Actions?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor moves south, near the bulkhead, trying to find a dark spot to find concealment. He says 'What's this now? Everyone else has just started shooting, why aren't you?'

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 <- !


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 fires on the skeleton again.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


In space, no one can hear you scream

The skeleton in the cargo hold is destroyed. The remaining enemies are in the corridor outside.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 moves into the corridor to take the shot on the nearest skeleton.


In space, no one can hear you scream

As soon as he rounds the corner into the corridor, the armored skeleton releases a readied spell, slamming Blax-9 with a force missile.

Magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Blax-9 is knocked from the hit, but still clips the near skeleton with his shot.

Everyone else?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater moves and draws a grenade.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor takes a double move and ends up behind Blax.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast will move up and fire on the same skelly as Blax

To Hit KAC - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 3


In space, no one can hear you scream

Was wondering why no new posts after a couple days, and it appears the boards ate my last update from Sunday. >.<

Lasereater and Val'nor move to the cargo bay hatch. Bast, closer that the other two, makes it out first and fires at Blax-9's target.

"Attack!" the armored skeleton orders and the two skeletons rush forward, slashing daggers at Blax-9.

S4 vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
S5 vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13; Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The leader casts another spell, this time sending force missiles after Blax-9, Bast and Val'nor.

Magic missile vs Blax-9: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Magic missile vs Bast: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Magic missile vs Val'nor: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Actions?


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 falls back to the cover behind the corner.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater lobs a grenade over the top of the two skellies catching them plus the caster in the back in a fiery explosion.

To hit square: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor fires at the Armored Skel.

ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

..and I believe, Misses...=(


Android Mechanic Level 1

Grunting after getting hit, Bast focuses his Combat Tracking on the caster and fires hit pistol

To Hit - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage - 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11


In space, no one can hear you scream

Blax-9 withdraws around the corner of the corridor.

Lasereater rounds the corner and hurls a grenade into the undead ranks. The two skeleton guards are blasted apart, but the leader is able to duck around cover and survives the explosion.

Val'nor fires at the skeletal leader, but cannot get a good line to his target. Bast makes a great shot, hitting the leader square in the chest.

Wounded, the skeleton caster hisses at you. "You will not take this ship! I'll blow it to pieces before you living scum can have it." He steps back into the necrotic field, and you can see the dire energy slowly repairing the undead's damage. He casts a spell onto his laser pistol, and you can see it surge with power.

Mysticism DC 15:
The spell cast was supercharge weapon.

Actions?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor whispers "Well, s!%~." Then in a louder voice -"Listen, you attacked us! We only require information regarding the location of a certain ship you discovered. Let us download your old nav data, and we'll leave"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

251 to 300 of 1,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starfinder: Nomad Section All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.