Starfinder: Nomad Section

Game Master nomadicc


451 to 500 of 1,161 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Val'nor moves to get a clear shot.
.
.
ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Not sure how fumbles work.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Init - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Bast will use his combat tracking and fire at the creature

To hit - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage - 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater dives for his flame pistol and stands up looking confused, "Horse shell look like it bounces the lasers, mebbe?"

2 move actions. Did enough time pass to recover stamina?


In space, no one can hear you scream

No, it has only been a few moments. Init roll?

Val'nor reacts quickly, but aims too hastily and fires wide. Bast snaps off a shot and clipping the large creature's carapace.

Blax-9 also fires point-blank, but his shot ricochets harmlessly off the thing's heavy armor.

The giant khefak scrambles across the edge of the crater and closes on Blax-9, slashing at the android with a heavy claw but missing a foot over his head.

Khefak claw vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Actions?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor takes aim at the beast, and fires again.

ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8

Rounds: 47/50


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 moves away and fires again.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


In space, no one can hear you scream

Lasereater grabs his weapon and stands with a confused and tired look on his face. Bast reloads. Val'nor and Blax-9 both continue to fire, landing a couple of solid shots into the monster. It oozes glowing blood from several wounds, but roars and skitters across the sand to attack Blax-9 again.

Khefak claw vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Reminder: crits on a natural 20 are just straight double-damage (plus any weapon crit effects), as long as you could hit the target AC normally. No need to make a confirmation roll.

Actions?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

As long as the creature stays at least 50ft away from him, Val'nor will continue to shoot at it.

ToHit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Current_Rifle_Ammo: 46/50


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 moves and fires on the bug again.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast? Lasereater?


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast will fire again

To Hit - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage - 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater casts supercharge on Blax 9s weapon.


In space, no one can hear you scream

Boards ate my post! They seem to be doing that a lot recently. Quick recap...

The beast slashes at Blax-9 as he retreats.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Blax-9 moves and fires, missing. Val'nor and Bast both hit for minor damage. Lasereater cannot reach Blax-9, so must cast his spell on either Val'nor or Bast. (your choice?)

The khefak mindlessly chases after Blax-9 and attacks again.

Khefak claw vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Actions?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Bast


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast fires again

To Hit - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage - 2d8 + 4d6 ⇒ (4, 8) + (2, 1, 3, 6) = 24


In space, no one can hear you scream

Nice crit

With his weapon empowered, Bast takes a split-second longer to aim his shot, and sends it straight through the khefak's cranium plate. Oozing glowing ichor, the giant beast crashes to the sand.

End of Combat!


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 bandages his wounds and then searches the hull for any means of entry. If he finds a door, he will enter.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor says "ok, I'm over these bugs!"

He then goes to assist Blax in looking for a door.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


In space, no one can hear you scream

You cautiously search the ship's wreckage. There are many wide gaps in the hull from the crash landing and subsequent consumption by the khefaks, so gaining entry to what remains is not difficult. Finding anything intact is a bit more work, but after about a half-hour's search, you uncover a battered but whole box safe. The safe is two foot cube, sealed tight, and marked with the symbol of the Starfinder Society.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater lays on the ground sprewdeagled staring at the sky the whole time to complete his short rest.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 studies the box to see if it is safe to open. If so, he will open it.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


In space, no one can hear you scream

The safe has no obvious latch or opening mechanism. The only marking on the box is that of the Starfinders.

I forgot to mention before...

Amidst the wreckage, you also find seven desiccated corpses. Their identifications reveal them to be the missing crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer, but their Starfinder insignia are gone (some of which you now have).


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 shrugs and tosses the box to Val'nor. "We recovered the information that murdered crew left behind, as well as the relics the raiders missed. Mission accomplished. Let's get out of here."


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater stares at the box and after trying to lick it through his space suit unsuccessfully, attempts to push a starfinder insignia up against it.

"We bring longshanks deadbodys and ID to boss man for bonus creds?" Lasereater asks with an look filled with avarice.\

"What kills them? Stupid horse?"


In space, no one can hear you scream

Note, the safe is a solid two-foot cube, and rather heavy... not something you're gonna just pick up and toss around. Make a Medicine check to investigate the causes of death.

Lasereater fishes out his Starfinder insignia and holds it next to the box. Triggered by the proximity, a subtle indentation appears around the marking on the safe. Lasereater sets his insignia into the slot and the safe clicks open with a hiss of pressurized air. The air inside smells strongly of smoke and burning plastics.

Inside the safe are three objects: a datapad, a small metal jewelry box, and a tiny obsidian figurine of a winged snake-like creature. (Mysticism check to identify creature)


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

No ranks in Medicine


In space, no one can hear you scream

The figure is of an electrovore.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater scratches his head, and again is rebuffed by his space helmet. He snarls and spins in a circle trying to get at the itch before he stops, panting.

"<huff> ... dis dog snake thing is 'lectrovore. Mebbe dis thing cursed and bring down swarm of evil 'lectricity eating dog snakes to crash shio?"


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 nods at Lasereater. "Yeah, that's probably what happened. Let's get all this back to Sarigar and get our cash."


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor looks at Lasereater, not really sure if the Space Goblin is joking? Val'nor says "or...we could just check the datapad"

Computer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


In space, no one can hear you scream

Val'nor activates the datapad without any trouble. It looks as if the device was tossed into the safe at the last minute, just before calamity fell, and the last user made no effort to secure the data. The last file accessed is a recording. Val'nor starts the playback and a holo-projector attached to the pad emits the image of a hunched, wounded figure. The man wears a jumpsuit, blackened and burned badly along his left side, and a familiar insignia.

"This is Halson Vex, Starfinder. We are about to crashland on the planet Ulmarid, and survival is unlikely. I hope this datapad and these items stay out of enemy hands long enough for another Starfinder to recover them. I downloaded what information I could about several planets we explored, and two significant items we found: a magical obsidian figurine, and an aeon stone." He looks away as someone says something to him off-image, then he adds a little more. "Impact is imminent. We were ambushed by a pirate vessel, the Lawblight... they were hiding in the debris field. He shakes his head, sadly. "We go to meet Pharasma. Say a prayer for our souls."

The recording ends with a flicker of holographic static.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

"Find dis Lawblight? Make dem pay?" Lasereater asks nonchalantly.

He then examines the figurine more, opening his mouth to stick the figurine in, but this time remembering he is wearing a space suit before he slams it into his facemask, "Me learn more about dis back on ship.
Unless it cursed, then me throw it away. Now, Open da box, find A-on rock."

Lasereater points to the small jewelry box and if no one moves to it, opens it himself.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 wearily watches Lasereater open the box with his weapon ready,"Ain't going to be nothing good in there."


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

what is our characters understanding of magical items? Are they common items, or are they unheard of to most normal people? I'm sure we would know particulars. But would we have heard stories about things that float around our heads, granting benefits?

"Lets lock these things back up and get out of here. This pirate ship worries me too"


In space, no one can hear you scream

Magic items are fairly well-known, in general. Technology is much more prevalent, and generally cheaper to obtain. Aeon stones are rare but you've probably heard of them.

Lasereater opens up the jewelery box, which holds a tiny spindle-shaped gem, clear with iridescent colors.

Anything else for this area? Back to the ship?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater plucks the stone up and chucks it in the air seeing if it twirls around his head.


In space, no one can hear you scream

It does!


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

The goblin follows it in a circle a few times until he gets dizzy and falls over. With a big toothy grin he points at the spinning stone.

"Is magic!"


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 curses and spits. "All magic got that other crew was a smoking heap of dead. May kill us too before this is all over."

He leads the way back to the ship.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor says "Yeah, I agree. But WOW, it sure is pretty.'

Val'nor shakes his head then scans the skies. "are those storms still out there?'

If not, He'll start moving out towards the ship as well, keeping his eyes open and scanning the skies for a scary pirate ship. If so he'll suggest that we might want to wait them out.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


In space, no one can hear you scream

Will post later but need Piloting and other station checks to fly back up through the debris field.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Piloting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Computer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14 <- Science Station (scanning)


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Android Mechanic Level 1

Sorry all I have been slacking

Pilot - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Val scan for that pirate ship as well, this might be their hunting ground and I want to know about them before they know about us"

"We heading back to the Station or are we going pirate hunting?"

Retcon Medicine on the bodies if possible - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast examines the remains of the fallen Starfinders. It is clear they were killed on impact. but most of them have some kind of battle wounds from soon before the crash.

Eager to be on your way, you hastily collect the bodies and items and start back for the Loreseeker, leaving the wreckage and dead khefaks behind. Aware of the poison crystal storms and their signs, you navigate to avoid a couple developing cells and make it to your ship without any further trouble.

You launch and start the climb back to space. Bast does a spectacular job of piloting the ship safely through the debris field. So much so, that the rest of you don't have much to do.

Cued by Bast's warning, Val'nor scans ahead for any signs of a pirate ambush. Just as you are emerging from the debris field, he picks up a faint signal from a nearby cluster of asteroids... a camouflaged ship is just now starting to power up!

Actions?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor asks "think we can out run them?"

Computer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31 Science Station (Scan for Details of the ship)


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 jumps in the gunner seat and powers on the weapons. "It's the Lawblight! Kill 'em!"

He opens up with the coil gun if he can lock onto the ship.

Gunnery Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) = 12


In space, no one can hear you scream

Had to re-read the space combat primer! For reference, LINK HERE to the starship roles summaries.

With a snarl, Blax-9 clicks off the coilgun safety and quickly fires off a blast. The projectile hits the pirate ship before it can start moving, making it an easy target.

Battle Stations!

Round One - Engineering

Lawblight engineer Divert power to engines (DC 13): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

After the suprise hit, the Lawblight powers up rapidly as their engineer kickstarts the thrusters.

Lasereater's action...

Roll 20 map is updated... note the white areas are debris fields. Passing through any space mostly covered by the asteroids causes 4d6 damage to a random ship facing. The fields also block line of fire, providing effective cover.

451 to 500 of 1,161 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starfinder: Nomad Section All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.