Starfinder: Nomad Section

Game Master nomadicc


401 to 450 of 1,161 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

In space, no one can hear you scream

There's no way to break down every particular data nugget available, though if you don't specify that you're uploading a specific topic library, the available info will be pretty general.

Bast expertly navigates the asteroids, making it look easy. The rest of you stand by to aid navigating, focusing shields or shooting stray debris, but Bast wends the Loreseeker through without ever getting close to any threat!

Once clear of the field, you descend through Ulmarid's atmosphere. The air is rough and you are knocked around by significant turbulence. Scattered storms build rapidly throughout the region. As you near the crash site, you get a clearer visual scan of the area. The Unbounded Wayfarer wreckage is in an area of sandy dunes, too soft and unstable to set down. The closest suitable landing site is about 2 kilometers away.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Science officer check
Computer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Computer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
I can't remember, do I use my skill + the ships +2, or do I just use the ships +2? Can I swap out the +2 bonus from my Toolkit for the +2 bonus from the ship?

Can i detect life forms nearby the crash site, or near our landing site?


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 waits for the ship to set down on the closest suitable landing site. He then grabs all of his gear and leads the way to the crash site.


In space, no one can hear you scream

@ Val'nor: The ship's Computers bonus only applies to starship combat and related activities. You can use the basic sensor suite to scan ships/planets to gather information with a Computers or Perception check. This roll adds the sensor suite's bonus (+2 in this case).

Val'nor tries to scan the surrounding area for life forms, but the Loreseeker's sensor suite is too basic. A visual check outside confirms a barren desert.

Bast sets the ship down carefully atop a rocky island amid the sandy sea. You don your gear and step outside. The wind whipping across the dunes bites with cold, but your armor mitigates it to an uncomfortable chill. The icy air is breathable, but holds a harsh tang like burning metal.

You set out across the dunes. Jagged rocky spurs protrude from the sand around you, giving vague dimensions to the otherwise lifeless landscape. Churning green-tinged cumulus clouds rise and fall rapidly, moving steadily with the constant wind. You hear distant cracks of thunder as the clouds reach saturation point and unleash their contents on the desert below.

Need a Survival check...


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Val'nor has no idea.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Survival - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Lasereater, who was trying to figure out how to pick his nose while wearing a space suit catches something of interest ... "Hmmm, whazzat?"


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


In space, no one can hear you scream

You spot an approaching cloud overhead is about to open up. It is moving too fast to retreat to the ship, and the barren landscape provides no natural shelter.

Bast, Lasereater and Blax-9, calling on experience surviving in the field, recognize the sharp scent just before the storm strikes: poison! Val'nor is caught unawares.

With a sudden *crack* that resonates through your bodies and the ground beneath your feet, the storm breaks. Poisonous green shards crystallize from the charged air above you, falling like pieces of broken glass and shattering into mist as they begin to crash around you.

You have 1 round of actions before the storm hits you, if you want to do anything.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

How far are we from the 'Unbounded Wayfarer' are we when the storm hits?

If we're too far from our ship, I guess we'll have to run to the 'Unbounded Wayfarer', so that is what Val'nor does.

Run 4x move (approx. 12 miles/Hour)


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Was going to use fabricate tech to create some sort of hard shelter, but its either a tent (too soft) or a gangway (too high level).

Ah well, run it is!

Lasereater takes off after Val


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 grits his teeth and runs through the storm. "We ain't gettin' paid enough for this!"


In space, no one can hear you scream

Val'nor makes a panicked run into the storm. The rest of you see there's no chance to make or reach cover and chase after him. The poison crystals crash and clatter around you, cutting painfully as they explode.

Round 1 slash damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Round 2 slash damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Round 3 slash damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

For each round, make a DC 12 Ref save to avoid damage. If you take damage in any round, make a DC 12 Fort save or gain the 'encumbered' condition for 1 hour.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

REF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 DC12
REF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 DC12 Damage. 2 points
REF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 DC12

FORT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 DC12 Not "Encumbered"


Android Mechanic Level 1

Ref - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Ref - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Ref - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast nimbly dives and dodges, avoiding the poison crystals like an agile cat. Lasereater takes a few hits, and feels the poison sap his strength and energy. Blax-9 and Val'nor get minor cuts from the exploding shard, but bear through the toxin's effects.

@ Val'nor: should be 4 damage for the 2nd round. Bast: 0 damage; Lasereater: 8 + encumbered; Blax-9: 4 damage.

After about twenty seconds, the crystalline storm suddenly ceases. The cloud overhead breaks up in the winds and disperses nearly as quickly as it appeared. The way ahead to the Unbounded Wayfarer is clear, for now...

Survival check to forcast and avoid other storms. 1 lead and aid from the rest, if desired.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 studies the cloud formations and tries to determine the storm pattern.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

"Holy cow, I think I hate this place"
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

"Longshanks right. Planet sucks."


In space, no one can hear you scream

Blax-9 and Lasereater get a quick read on the pattern of storms in the area: which clouds are building, which ones are dispersing, and which are apparently harmless. They pick a reasonably clear path towards your destination. You arrive at the crash site about twenty minutes later.

The shattered pieces of the Unbounded Wayfarer lie half-buried in the sand on the far end of a long depression -- the impact crater created by its hard landing. Pieces and parts are scattered across the desert, but the majority of the main hull appears to be intact. A wing section rises at an angle, its end bent up vertically, and the ship's anti-personnel gun, a tactical X-gen cannon, pokes up from the sand at the top.

As you get closer, it looks like sections of the wreckage suffered damage abnormal for a crash. They appear corroded, or chewed upon...

Perception DC 25:
You spot a patch of sand shift, but it wasn't from the wind!

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Android Mechanic Level 1

Perception - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Wait, what was that?" Bast points at the moving sand


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 readies his weapon and aims where Bast is pointing. "I'm guessing it ain't friendly."


In space, no one can hear you scream

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Roll initiative! If you made the perception DC and init is higher than the above, you can act first.

A moment after Bast points, several small creatures crawl up from the sand around you. They are like a cross between a centipede and a crab, about the size of an average dog. Their front-facing pincers clack as they race toward you.

DC 12 Life Science check for more info. Pic added to Roll20.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Life Sci: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Val'nor Aims his Rifle at the creatures and fires at the nearest!
ToHit(Eye-Rifle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage(Eye-Rifle: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Map?

Did I need to use a resolve prior to this fight to recover my stamina? It's not automatic, is it?

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Lasereater will move and draw his flame pistol attempting to get at least 2 creatures in a line (3 would be better). (Need map)

To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24; Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 + Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4
To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20; Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Android Mechanic Level 1

Init - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

A map would be good to see how far they are from us


In space, no one can hear you scream

Apologies for the delay. Map is up, as requested. Just need Bast's action to advance.

Val'nor:
These vermin appear to be khefaks, or an offshoot of the species. The hardy creatures consume nearly anything, and their strange metabolism stores valuable metals and minerals into its carapace. They are immune to radiation.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast will fire at the lead one with his rifle using his Combat Tracking

To Hit - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage - 1d8 ⇒ 7


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast reacts immediately, raising his hunting rifle and killing one of the creatures with a single shot. Val'nor also gets the jump and takes out another creature to the south.

The other four creatures crawl forward to attack, heedless of their losses.

All moves for the surprise round. Everyone gets to act before they go again...


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 <-- Trying to blend into the background

ToHit(Sniper Rifle): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
CritConfirm(Sniper Rifle): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage(Sniper Rifle): 1d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (2) + (7) = 9
this is my first crit in awhile, so I might not have this right


Android Mechanic Level 1

Crits auto confirm and you roll damage twice. A lot of weapons also have additional effects that you will need to look in the book to see if yours does. ie my pistol also causes burn damage on a crit

Bast will try and figure out what these things are and will then fire his rifle twice

Life Science Check - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

To Hit - 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 6

To Hit - 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 = 19
Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 fires on the nearest bug.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast can check the Val'nor spoiler a few posts up.

Bast keeps his rifle firing, taking out another crawler and wounding a second.

Lasereater jogs a little to the south for a good angle and torches one. It squeals as it bursts into flame.

Val'nor awkwardly tries and fails to hide out in the middle of an open desert. He is more successful with his rifle, killing yet another of the creatures.

Blax-9 fires at the last remaining target, but his footing slips in the loose sand, spoiling the shot. The small creature skitters rapidly up to him and attacks. Its claw scrapes against Blax-9's leg armor, but does not penetrate.

K1 claw vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6; Slash Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Actions?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

On his turn, Val'nor shoulders his Rifle, and draws a Tactical Baton, as he moves to Blax.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast will 5' and fire

To Hit - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage - 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 takes a guarded step and fires on the bug again.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


In space, no one can hear you scream

Sorry for the inconsistent posting. Hard to maintain momentum when the DM keeps slacking!

Bast clips the creature again with another shot, and then Blax-9 finishes it off. The report echoes across the sandy waste, with only the rumble from a distant crystal storm in reply.

End of Combat!

Are you guys tracking ammo?


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Not really. I think the azimuth rifle is battery powered, so it is just a matter of recharging the battery.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

I am. It's in my stat block.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Yes, one shot for me.


In space, no one can hear you scream

What is everyone doing next?


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 will search the hull for any means of entry. If he finds a door, he will enter.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

I'm sure its a waste of time, but lets see if the bugs have anything interesting on them.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater looks around and the sits down on his ass, throwing his pistol to the ground, "Me take short break ... need to catch breath"

Spend 1 resolve and 10 minutes to recover stamina from earlier fight.


In space, no one can hear you scream

My bad for the huge pause. Let's get things rolling again...

Lasereater sits down while Val'nor pokes at one of the dead khefaks. Bast stares off into the hazy distance, and Blax-9 approaches the wreckage, looking for an way in. As he gets within twenty feet of the ship, a much larger khefak emerges from a gap in the hull. This one's carapace has a crystalline shimmer to it. It immediately charges to attack!

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Roll Initiative and post if you beat 10. Lasereater is prone.


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Blax-9 fires his azimuth rifle at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

401 to 450 of 1,161 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starfinder: Nomad Section All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.