Starfinder: Nomad Section

Game Master nomadicc


51 to 100 of 1,154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor starts for the door, placing the Insignias in his bag and taking out his datapad. He whispers "Let see if any info on this 'Exegara' person is out on the net. Also, maybe there are video cameras between here and the Vat Gardens that we might get a image of her"
:
:
:
Computers (T2 computer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 - Run name search in local starship arrival manafests
Computers (T2 computer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 - Run name search in news outlets sites.
Computers (T2 computer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 - Look for unsecured video feeds from along our current route.


Val'nor plugs into a public terminal and runs a few quick queries. There are no unsecured video feeds, and the name does not appear on any news feeds. However, he does locate an entry in public records, listing her name under Absalom Port of Entry arrivals yesterday. Only the name and date/time stamp are recorded -- there are no biometrics or pictures available.

Lasereater guides you to the Vat Garden, taking a side tunnel and criss-crossing through the "back alleys" of Downlow. The noise of the busy streets fades to a low din as you head into more residential blocks. After about ten minutes walking, you find a crude sign indicating the Vat Garden. The entrance is a tight passage, little more than an old access tunnel, lit by flickering florescent panels. A strong odor of rotting compost and earthy air wafts from within.

Inputs?


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast looks around for a decent place to set up a sniper

"Who's going to be the best shot out of the group? It might not be bad idea to set up someone with a birds eye view and a decent rifle. I am a fair shot with Betsy here" Bast pats his carbine, "But I am by no means a sniper"


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

"I'm an OK shot, and I had an foster dude that let me play with one of his Shirren-eye rifles. He was drunk a lot and maybe i actually hadn't gotten permission, but I figured out how it worked. Its too bad I only got to shoot it once." Val'nor looks sad, "He beat me pretty good that day, when he caught me."


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Blax-9 took the sniper track for soldier but isn't actually carrying a sniper rifle

Lasereater blows s~$! up, no sniping here


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Yeah, no sniper rifle.

Blax-9 looks around and wrinkles his nose. "Smells like death here. I suggest we stick together. Anyone sniping is vulnerable."

He steps through the entrance.


In space, no one can hear you scream

I forgot to add previously: you each gain 100 xp for recovering the insignia and learning about Exegara. Once I figure out how, I'll put together a campaign spreadsheet for xp tallies and loot distro.

Blax-9 leads the way into the tunnel, which runs straight for about twenty paces before ending at a junction room. A wide exhaust shaft runs up and out, but the cramped space above your heads is filled with bits of makeshift furniture and a chaotic web of small hammocks. It appears this is the home of the ysoki proprietors, but they are not currently here.

A wider corridor runs thirty feet to the east and then opens into an enormous sunken pool filled with a riotous growth of plants. The canopy is so thick it completely obscures the floor of the vat. A narrow walkway encircles the overgrown vat, and a spire of some kind of machinery stands in its center. Two ladders and a steep staircase pierce the foliage and lead down into the vat.

A man wearing a cutoff t-shirt, weapons harness and wide goggles stands at the top of the stairs to the north. Seeing you, he pops up and unholsters his pistol. "Oi! You don't wanna be here, bospor slags. Get lost!"

Map added to Roll20.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor moves to the back of the group, if he can find cover without moving too far from the group he will.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
He also tries to slip his laser pistol into his hand, without being obvious.
Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 draws his weapon, "You got that right - we don't want to be down in this cesspool! But here we are. Now, why don't you just answer some questions and nobody gets killed. We're lookin' for Exegara. You know where we can find her?"


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Unencumbered by the ceiling, Lasereater searches around as they walk looking under various objects and crawling on his hands and knees to see things closer, "Here lil ugly rat people, here stinky ratfaces!"

When he doors the man, he retorts as well, "Wher ratface farmers hidin?"


The man's face hardens into a snarl and he snaps the pistol up...

I tried to figure out the mass roll initiative in Roll20 but no luck. Roll your own and post actions if you beat an 18!

Dice:

Mercs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Blax-9 fires on the man.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

test


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Oh, I'm going to figure this out. Mark my words...Stupid chrome browser.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Init - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Not really being able to see what is going on, Bast waits for his turn


In space, no one can hear you scream

I've used Chrome for years with no issues. Not sure why its giving you fits?

Blax-9 reacts a split second before the man, hitting with his laser and throwing off his aim. His laser splashes against the wall above your heads.

Merc laser pistol vs Blax-9 EAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

"We got company!" he shouts, then runs down the stairs, disappearing into the vegetation.

Actions?

***

Initiative Order:
[18] Blax-9
[18] Mercs
[09] Bast
[07] Lasereater
[05] Val'nor


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 follows the man down the stairs. "Get 'em!"


In space, no one can hear you scream

Note, the stairs are off to the north end of the room. Right ahead of you is a metal ladder -- is that what you are going down?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater cackles and runs foward, grenade in hand leaping off the side of the platform and attempting a somersault.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Regardless, the little goblin's junky boots sputter with electromagnetic energy and his falls slows as he heads down, looking for something to blow up. (Reaction to cast flight -- lev 1 acts as a descent arrester)


Android Mechanic Level 1

Just waiting to see the map open up a bit and then I will post my action


In space, no one can hear you scream
Bast Ardsley wrote:
Just waiting to see the map open up a bit and then I will post my action

Post your action. You won't see the "map open up" until you get down into the vat. The vegetation is too thick to see through from above.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor Moves towards the stairs, hugging the wall and trying to stay in the shadows. (There is a wall around the perimeter, right?)
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


In space, no one can hear you scream

Bast stands and waits for something to happen. Val'nor moves quietly up along the wall towards the north stairs.

Lasereater charges forward and trips, stumbling into the vat but managing to make a nimble landing with the help of magic. Among the thick vegetation, he spots three human mercs, including the goggled one to the north. A fourth figure, feminine and concealed in a hooded cloak, takes cover behind a tree to the south.

Blax-9 drops down the ladder, hopping to the loamy soil at the floor of the vat.

Note, only Lasereater can see the bottom of the vat. The vegetation is too thick and provides total concealment from above. Within the vat, the vegetation provides concealment (20% miss chance) to any further than 10 feet away.

The two nearest mercs close in on Blax-9 and Lasereater, swinging assault hammers. The former clobbers Blax-9 hard, nearly knocking him senseless!

Merc assault hammer vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; Bludgeon Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11
Merc assault hammer vs Lasereater KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20; Bludgeon Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Actions?


Android Mechanic Level 1

Sorry for the delay. Is there room at the bottom of the ladder or do I have to wait for Blax to move?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

At the sounds of combat Val'nor will quicken his steps towards the stairs. just to clarify, can I take a double move, but not move the full 12 squares? If possible I'll stop where I placed my marker


In space, no one can hear you scream

@ Bast: You can swing off the ladder at the bottom and land in an adjacent square.

@ Val'nor: You can move as many squares as you like, up to your movement maximum (x2 for a double move).


Android Mechanic Level 1

That's what Bast will do, don't think I can do anything else


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax grunts with the pain of the hammer blow and goes to total defense with his rifle.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Lasereater giggles and chucks his frag grenade (15 foot radius, 1d6 damage, Reflex Save DC13 for half) (Draws and AoO)

Target grid intersection AC5: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Damage Northern Guy: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Damage Southern Guy: 1d6 ⇒ 4; (or use the above if you want one for everyone)


In space, no one can hear you scream
Bast Ardsley wrote:
That's what Bast will do, don't think I can do anything else

That's just a move, you still have a standard action if you want to attack, etc?


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

On his turn Val'nor will move as silently as possible, just far enough to see a target (the original dude most likely), and fires his pistol.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
ToHit(Laser_pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Dam_Laser_pistol: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4


Android Mechanic Level 1

I would have thought climbing down the ladder wouldn't have allowed me to draw a weapon and attack, I figured I would get down and then have to draw, and next round attack

What is the rule for firing while in melee range? I saw they got rid of the -4 for firing at someone in melee but I can't find the rule on attacking when someone can melee you, is there still an AoO?


In space, no one can hear you scream

Yes, you still provoke AoO for ranged attacks and spells.

Bast slides down the ladder and swings out near the bottom, landing beside Blax-9.

Lasereater throws a grenade behind the mercs, hitting the two nearest with its concussive blast. The merc swings his hammer at the goblin, but misses a half-inch above his head.

Merc AoO vs Lasereater: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14; Bludgeon Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Merc Ref save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Merc Ref save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Val'nor continues skulking around the upper ledge, moving down the stairs and behind the goggled merc.

@ Val'nor: again, you can't see into the vat from above, you will need to double move down the steps to be able to target the mercs.

Blax-9 takes up a defensive crouch, holding his rifle as a shield.

The mercs continue to swing their assault hammers. One throws too much weight into his attack and loses balance, but the other tags Lasereater in the shoulder. Goggles fires his pistol at Bast, but the hooded person to the south remains in cover.

Merc assault hammer vs Blax-9 KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Merc assault hammer vs Lasereater KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Merc laser pistol vs Bast EAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11; 20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 75; Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Actions?


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

"Oy, skaredy longshanks needs get in dis fight. Stop the sneasksy and starts the shootsing!" Lasereater hollers angrily up the top of the vat and Bast and Val'nor.

The little goblin steps to the southeast and pulls out his flame pistol, squealing in glee as a 20 foot line of fire rips north through both men,

To hit vs EAC South: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
To hit vs EAC South: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7' Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Android Mechanic Level 1

Is there room to 5' backwards under the catwalk


In space, no one can hear you scream
Bast Ardsley wrote:
Is there room to 5' backwards under the catwalk

No, its a wall.


Android Mechanic Level 1

Bast is going to tumble away from the closest attacker and fire back at him with his pistol

Tumble - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

To Hit Against KAK - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage - 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Heading down the stairs, gun at the ready.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Shoot some one! We are getting clobbered down here


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 continues with total defense.


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

just did a double move to get down the stairs. Will do next round.


In space, no one can hear you scream

Val'nor was close enough to stealth move and attack. I'll use your roll from last round above.

Bast rolls back and out of reach from the merc, stopping in a crouch and blasting the man with his laser pistol.

Lasereater shouts at the rest of you and backs up a few paces, firing a fire beam through the two mercs in melee. It scorches the near target, but misses the second.

Val'nor goes down the steps quietly, coming up behind the goggled merc. He blasts the man in the back, taking him by surprise.

Blax-9 holds his defensive stance.

The mercs continue to fight, chasing and attacking Bast and Lasereater with their hammers. Goggles spins on Val'nor and returns fire before taking cover in the shrubs.

Merc assault hammer vs Bast KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Merc assault hammer vs Lasereater KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Merc laser pistol vs Val'nor EAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15; Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Actions?


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

Blax-9 is at 0 hp and is disabled.

Blax drops to one knee and tries to stop himself from passing out.


In space, no one can hear you scream
Blax-9 wrote:

Blax-9 is at 0 hp and is disabled.

Blax drops to one knee and tries to stop himself from passing out.

Suddenly? You weren't hit this round.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

Blax wasn't attacked, that was Bast that got smacked. Fire away! Someone other than the wizard needs to be attacking

And it's not a flame beam, it's a freaking flame pistol. Shoots like a line of fire ... come on! It's goblawesom!

Lasereater moves south and fires his weapon twice spraying fire everywhere but on his target.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
To hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6


Male Human Val'nor Male human spacefarer operative 2, Starfinder Forerunner, CG Init +7; Senses Perception +5; EAC 13; KAC 14 SP 14 HP 15 RP 3 Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3

Val'nor Jukes one way, then rolls another.
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Then fires at the goggled human again
ToHit(laserpistol): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage(laserpistol): 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3


Male Android Soldier 4; SP 32/32; EAC/KAC 7/15; HP 36/36; rp 5/5; Perception +4; Init +8; Ref +5, Fort+5, Will+4 Azimuth Rifle +9 (0 charges used)

No he was at 0 hp after the first hit. If total defense is a standard action he's at negative hp.


Male Space Goblin Xenoarchaelogist Starwright 4 (Init: +3 // Per: +1 // KAC: 16 // EAC: 17 // F/R/W: 2/4/4)
Resources:
  • Stamina: 24/24
  • Hit Points: 22/22
  • Resolve:5/5
  • Petrol: 11/20 (1 extra can)
  • Arc Pistol Battery: 20/20
  • Smoke Grenades: 1
  • Level 1 Spells: 5/5
  • Level 2 Spells: 3/3
  • Spell Cache: 1/1

You've taken 19 points of damage in the first 2 rounds? Did you forget to use your stamina points first?

51 to 100 of 1,154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Starfinder: Nomad Section All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.