Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky.

Game Master DBH

To be continued.

Red Sky folder link

Shackles map

Merrow melee


251 to 300 of 1,237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

OOH...If no one else wants that Trident...

Ashlei floats gently in a cloud of blood.


F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela checks on the courageous but unconscious Ashlei. "Thank goodness she's stable. That weapon which was used on her was nasty."

Trusting others to provide much-needed healing, she explores the remainder of the throne room and caves, searching all along for magical auras in case there was anything more of interest. Detect magic.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Nice Trident indeed - wouldn't do Herzag much good though :P

Not sure I can drop a potion down your throat if we are in the water Ash, so...

Herzag swims close to Ashlei, pausing a moment to scold her - "Crazy girl" - then stands guard.

And yep, we need to search the place carefully.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

And here i was going to award it to our witch for winning the encounter :P

heal check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

"Shes not dying, Rhialla Love, got any more of that healing energy about? If not I suggest someone take a swig of potion in their mouth and give a transfer a try."

He couldnt help but grin just a little at that thought.

"Excellent work Neela, First choice on treasure i believe goes to you... assuming we find the treasure."


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

I'm kidding...sort of. MY specialty is throwing things. Tridents can be tossed, but unless it has the 'Returning' ability, it really is just giving any enemy I throw it at a really good weapon to kill me with. Not much real use to me. Now...if I could transfer its abilities to my Starknife...


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Swimming over to their resident wildchild, Rhialla sends a wave of healing energy forth, before resting a hand on her and sending another direct pulse of warm healing power into the other woman. "You'd like to see that potion idea in action wouldn't you?" she quips over her shoulder.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5) = 11
Burn Obscuring mist for CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Rhialla (and anyone else injured) heals 11, Ashlei heals 17


Are you sure you want to do that?

D20. Throne Room
Curtains of golden seaweed block either end of this room. A crudely chiseled dais sits against the back wall, supporting a stone throne of massive proportions. The throne’s eroded appearance, darkly stained stones, strange runes, and images of one-eyed beasts make it evident that it had sat in the slime at the bottom of the sea for long ages before being dragged up and placed here.

This chamber serves as the throne room for Krelloort, chieftain of the sahuagin tribe of Mancatcher Cove. Beyond the western seaweed curtain is Krelloort’s personal bedchamber, containing a seaweed bed, a few personal
items, and a long iron rod that once served as a handle for a capstan. Behind the eastern curtain are the chambers for Krelloort’s two favored concubines.

Among the personal items in Krelloort’s bedchamber is
A gold-plated conch shell engraved with images of sea elves and hippocampi (worth 1,200 gp) that holds a selection of putrid fish and humanoid livers (a sahuagin delicacy),
A gilt tattooing kit that he uses on his slaves and concubines (worth 50 gp),
A burnished brass hand mirror (worth 20 gp).
In the seaweed bed there is also a gold Varisian music box (no longer functional) that holds the ivory image of a dancing harrower (worth 400
gp). Inscribed on the underside of the lid are the words “For my darling Isabella.”

Neeta notes that there is a faint hint of magic around the throne?

GM Screen:

Perception Neeta: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Perception Herzag: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Perception Percival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

All three of the party looking around notice that there is a hollow space beneath the throne, however moving the massive stone object will be difficult.

What are you doing now?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei jerks and spasms, then her eyes flutter open.

"GAHHHH.....DAMN HIM TO HELL!! I'LL KILL HIM!!!"

She then spins in the water nearly striking out at Rhialla with a dagger that suddenly appears in her hand, before stopping herself suddenly. She then looks around, assessing quickly.

"Wha...WHAT? You KILLED him?! It...? Whatever that thing was! Oh...OK Rhialla. Yeah...you saved me? Thank Besmara's perfect bosom and your steady faith Rhi."

She then glances over at Herzag and the Captain.

"You guys hurt him hard? He looks like a just a gutted fish now."

She then proceeds to kick the ex-leader's corpse for a full minute.

"I HATE swimming. Did we find anything good?"


F Kobold Oracle 6

"I think Ashlei ought to get that trident," concludes Neela, as she sees Ashlei beating the corpse of the king.

"There's some magic on the throne," She studies the aura to understand what it is.
Spellcraft, Guidance: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 = 18

"If we work together, we could maybe push aside the throne to get to that space underneath!


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Herzag chuckles and shakes his head at Ashe's reaction, but lets her vent at will - "Doubt she could make much use of it Neela. Looks more like a weapon for the cap" - he nods, beginning his methodical search of the room, particularly the throne.

How are we for time on the Water Breathing? Am I allowed to take 20's or should I just roll Perceptions?


Are you sure you want to do that?

Plenty of time left on the water breathing, an hour or so. You've spotted everything here so no need to reroll.

Neeta struggles to understand the incredibly ancient magic in the throne, but is unable to get a grasp on it.

Str check DC30 to move the throne, you can all roll though.

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Let's move it!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

"Does anyone happen to have a crowbar? We could slip it under the stupid throne and leverage it up."

He began setting his feet and straining with Herzag to try and budge the throne.

knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

After a moment though he chuckled and nodded to the long iron rod capstan. He took it and searched for a spot to get it wedged under the throne and used his knowledge of Engineering to perhaps pry the throne up or over enough to move it.

I dont suppose we get a hefty circumstance bonus to things? Could we fit a few people on the long iron bar to try and pop it open?


Are you sure you want to do that?

The strength check is now DC20 using the bar. :)


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Someone aid me :D


Are you sure you want to do that?

As Herzag grunts with effort, struggling to move the great stone throne Percival slips the capstan bar into the gap beneath the throne and the pair easily shift it, revealing a chamber below.

D21. Treasure Chamber.
The chamber hidden below the great throne is empty save for two chests. One is a iron-banded chest decorated with skulls that seems to have
held up remarkably well considering its immersion in seawater. The other is a stone box with the image of a fish-headed demon carved onto its
lid, whose seams appear to have been sealed by lead.

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Chests?! Time for that Take20 I was talking about (not sure if it is allowed when looking for traps) :P

Would bring the Perception roll to 32.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The two chests hold the sahuagin tribe’s treasure, and the trap that protects the hoard. The stone box is watertight with a seal of soft lead around its lid. It has been cemented to the floor, so it cannot be moved without actually breaking the chest.

The lead seal can be removed with a little effort (hardness 3, hp 20, Break DC 23). If the seal is broken or removed, the box can be opened, but doing so activates the trap.

Trap: The stone box is itself a trap, and is difficult to disable. If its seal is broken and the lid removed, a blood red cloud issues forth from the box and immediately diffuses throughout the entire room. This cloud is a derivative of several rare sponges and functions as an inhaled variety of sassone leaf residue that affects any water-breathing creature (including those breathing magically). The diffusion does not spread beyond the room, and the cloud clears after 3 rounds.

Herzag immediately tells everybody to leave the stone chest where it is! His perception spots a key concealed in a small niche in the wall.

Treasure: The locked sea chest is a captain’s locker (see page 56). The lock can be opened with a DC 30 Disable Device check, but a DC 28 Perception check allows the PCs to discover the key hidden in a concealed hollow in the wall.

Within is what is left of Cyrus Wolfe’s hoard, as well as the tribe’s own treasures. Besides the variety of luxurious silks, fine furs, exotic spices, raw gold and silver ore, and other plundered pirate booty worth a total of 10 points of plunder, the treasures include:
A ship’s figurehead called Besmara’s Bones,
Two fan feather tokens,
Slippers of spider climbing,
An ornate crown with undersea motifs crafted of deep platinum worth 5,000 gp,
A jeweled box (worth 500 gp) containing assorted jewelry worth 2,500
gp, as well as 2,083 gp, 18,900 sp, and 25,050 cp.

Besmara's bones:

Besmara’s Bones
Aura faint necromancy; CL 5th
Slot see text; Price 10,800 gp; Weight 300 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
Named for the goddess of piracy, strife, and sea monsters, this figurehead must be mounted on the prow of a ship to function.
Once per day, a ship carrying Besmara’s Bones can inflict a curse on an enemy ship struck with a successful ramming attack.
The target ship must succeed at a DC 14 Will save or its pilot takes
a –4 penalty on Profession (sailor) checks to control the ship.
In addition, the cursed ship can never gain the upper hand in ship-to-ship combat (Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide 9).
The curse inflicted by the figurehead cannot be dispelled, but it can be
removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.
In addition, once per day, Besmara’s Bones can be used to cast false life (CL 5th) on the captain of the ship carrying the figurehead. A ship may not have more than one figurehead, magical or otherwise, mounted on it at one time.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, bestow curse, false life;
Cost 5,400 gp

Captain's locker:

Aura strong conjuration; CL 13th
Slot none; Price 30,000 gp; Weight 150 lbs.
DESCRIPTION
This iron-banded sea chest is 2-1/2 feet by 3 feet by 4 feet in size
and is decorated with chains and brass skulls. The chest has no lock, but any standard lock can be easily attached to its hasp.
The interior of a captain’s locker functions similarly to a type IV
bag of holding, and can hold up to 2,500 pounds or a volume of 250 cubic feet. The chest’s weight remains the same, regardless of what it is holding.
A captain’s locker does not rot or take any other damage from immersion in water and is watertight, even if opened underwater.
When a captain’s locker is placed within the hold of a ship or some other enclosed cargo-carrying vehicle (such as a freight wagon with a cargo box), the chest warps the dimensions of the cargo hold so that the area’s cargo capacity increases by 50% without changing the weight of the vehicle. The cargo area remains attached to the vehicle, however, so outside conditions that affect the vehicle can also affect the cargo hold.
If the captain’s locker is removed from the cargo area while the hold contains more cargo than it could contain on its own, any excess cargo is forcibly expelled through hatches or other means of egress, dealing 3d6 points of damage to anyone standing within 5 feet of the means of egress.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, mage’s magnificent
mansion, secret chest; Cost 15,000 gp

You carry the locker out of the cave and look back over Mancatcher cove from the cave you first entered a few hours ago.

The last few Sahaugin are hand waved away. That is the end of the book, everyone can level up to 7th.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Wohooooo! Level up!

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwww no magical daggers in the treasure? :P

Though, there are some cool items I never heard about - Besmara's Bones and the Captain's Locker are really cool.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

Those are some pretty nifty items. :)


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

"It is done Cap" - Herzag's smile at Percival is huge as he looks the loot over - "And Ashe even survived" - he chuckles, nodding towards the fiery woman.

"Time to haul this" - he calls some sailors to assist with loading the cargo.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei sticks out her tongue at Herzag and flips him off with both hands. She then smiles and turns to the heavy chest we hauled back.

"Time to divvy up this loot while we travel to the nearest port for some decent R&R!! HAIL CAPTAIN PERCIVAL! NO-MERCY PERCY!!"

WOO! 7th level! So did we ever decide on basic treasure division? I can't wait to spend my money!


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

If it isn't irrelevant now.

Spellcraft (Throne): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Are you sure you want to do that?

On the stone throne.

Rhallia & Neela take 20 on spellcraft and work out the problem with the throne.

Neela also takes 20 on a Knowledge (History) check because she can.

Throne:

The massive stone throne is an artifact of the ancient cyclops empire of Ghol-Gan and can be identified as such with a DC 25 Knowledge (history) check.

It was discovered at the bottom of the blue hole by the sahuagin. Unknown to Krelloort, the throne bears a potent curse from the ancient days of lost Ghol-Gan. Anyone who sits upon the throne must succeed at a DC 15 Will save or be seized by the lust for empire—the desire to conquer and subjugate all neighboring kingdoms at any cost. If the creature fails the save, it acts on these plans (often provoking it to rash acts of hostility) for 1 week, after which a new save is allowed.

If the save is successful, the creature is immune to the effects of the throne for 1 week. Krelloort has failed his save many times, prompting his campaign of overt attacks on shipping and the surrounding peoples, which has increased the risk of discovery and assault on his own tribe.

The curse cannot be removed short of destroying the throne (hardness 8, hp 1,020, Break DC 80), but if the 8,000-pound chair can be transported, it could be sold to certain antiquities buyers with megalomaniacal tendencies for up to 5,000 gp.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

"Wasn't about to let you die Ash." Rhialla says with a grin. "That'd make Herzag's life way too easy."

Her eyes light up at the discovery of the figurehead, a more fitting adornment for Besmara's Bounty could not possibly exist. Giving Percy a wink at his new moniker, the healer and quartermistress joins the cheering of a well-sacked stronghold and the eradication of the sea devils.


F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela shares all she knows, of course.

"Seriously, do NOT sit on that throne! The reason these sahuagin are especially aggressive is no doubt because their king sat on that throne, which inflicts upon those who sit on it an insatiable lust for empire. It could be quite valuable to the right buyer, but I'm not sure how to haul something that heavy!"

Incidentally, if the party cannot take the whole throne, Neela endeavors to break off a piece of it as a keepsake.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

You want a piece of the megalomania chair to carry around in your pocket? lol


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Eeeesh, even the cursed throne is cool :D


Are you sure you want to do that?

Ok, loot sorted, magic claimed or set aside to sell. You have the required amount of plunder to visit Port peril, but need a little more infamy. So once you set sail I'll have some encounters on the waves for you. Everyone ready to go?


Are you sure you want to do that?

Several days out of Mancatcher cove on a SE heading. Passing Southward of Motaku Isle with the rocks known as the Dragon's jaws to your starboard.

Your lookout in the crows nest calls out excitedly "Sail dead ahead!"

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

"We gonna take a look at that, right Cap?" - Herzag grunts, then strains to see if he can make out any details.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Do we have like a... What's it called? The equivalent of binoculars? :D


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Spyglass. And yes they are expensive. That's why good lookouts are valuable!

Ashlei shouts to the crewman in the nest.

"Pray or predator? Can you determine its speed or heading yet?"


F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela surrounds herself with magical armor of force as the threat or opportunity comes into view. Mage armor.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

Sound quarters, trim sails the sails to catch the wind and see if we cant pull closer."

He called out nodding to the helmsman then winking at his lover as he moved closer trying to get a good view of their possible catch.


Are you sure you want to do that?

"She's flying a Rahadoumi flag Captain!" The lookout calls, "Looks like she was heading straight for us. She's trying to turn and run now."

You make up a lot of ground as the other ship struggles to regain speed after such a sudden reversal in course, as you close you can see the other ship is readying for battle, including some strange square structure being readied on the main deck.

It's a merchantman so it has it's weapon at the rear for harrying chasers, you have some speed advantage but the other ship is picking up it's rate again.

What are you doing now?


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

"The Godless in these waters? Gotta be a fat-cat merchant of some kind! Let's catch them and teach them Besmara's not to be ignored! What is thing on their main deck?"


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Taking the wheel the moment pursuit was a consideration, Rhialla grins wildly. "Aye, time for them to remember to get on their knees when the Lady of the Seas sails by." she says with a chuckle. As she maneuvers the ship as easily as others would a well trained horse she speaks to the ship. "C'mon girl, let's give them a little pinch shall we"

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


Are you sure you want to do that?

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

You easily out sail the other ship, as you draw closer you find out what the large square structure was. The canvas is pulled back to reveal a large cage, which is opened and a Manticore is released. It promptly turns and wings it's way towards your ship while the Rahadoumi vessel piles on as much sail as it safely can in an attempt to flee while you are delayed.

New map up top. Ship to creature. The Manticore is 100' feet away from your ship.

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

"Looks nasty - what is it?" - Herzag grunts.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Knowledge Arcana to identify Magical beasts. Do we have a ballista or catapult yet?

Ashlei pulls out and loads her new crossbow.

"Whatever it is, we can't let it get close to the sails! Crew to arms! Grab pikes...crossbows loaded and ready! Fire at will!"

Underwater Crossbow/80ft Range Inc.: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Are you sure you want to do that?

It's Knowledge Arcana to get any information on this thing.

Rhialla, Percy, Neela?

Knowledge Arcana Neela: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Botting Neela.

Neela warns you of all the things a Manticore does.

Manticore:

Manticore CR 5
XP 1,600
LE Large magical beast
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +9

DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 57 (6d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., fly 50 ft. (clumsy)
Melee bite +10 (1d8+5), 2 claws +10 (2d4+5)
Ranged 4 spikes +8 (1d6+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 20, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 9
Base Atk +6; CMB +12; CMD 24 (28 vs. trip)
Feats Flyby Attack,Hover, Weapon Focus (spikes)
Skills Fly –3, Perception +9, Survival +4 (+8 tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Survival when tracking
Languages Common

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Spikes (Ex)

With a snap of its tail, a manticore can loose a volley of four spikes as a standard action (make an attack roll for each spike). This attack has a range of 180 feet with no range increment. All targets must be within 30 feet of each other. The creature can launch only 24 spikes in any 24-hour period.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Rhialla doggedly keeps up the chase. "Somebody shoot that thing out of the air!"

Profession sailor: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Herzag begins to climb the mast - "Going for higher ground!" - he roars.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ok, so the plan is to climb high, and when the thing is in reach of a jump (or if it does a flyby), Herzag will try to hop on it, then ride or stab it (still not sure) :D)


Are you sure you want to do that?

Seeing Herzag climbing the Manticore swoops in, no doubt wanting the high ground to its self.

Use the Ship combat map up above. Herzag is climbing, the Manticore is heading for him. What is everyone else doing?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

As soon as he can find a foothold, Herzag will stop - don't want to be caught mid climb :P

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

"Keep on course! Its no more than a distraction! Get the boarding pikes out stand your ground!"

He called out to his pirates as he closed closer to the mast withdrawing one of his throwing axes as he did so, when the creature came swooping in at Herzag he threw.

readied throw action: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Moving forward about 15 feet and throwing axe when it closes. if its beyond 20 feet then subtract 2 from my throw


F Kobold Oracle 6

Percival, you may want to change your action after this.

Neela moves over to Percival and calls forth some magic. Suddenly, Percival starts to rise weightlessly off the ground. "That'll put you on even footing, Captain!" Move and cast Fly.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Dropping her new crossbow to the ship's deck, Ashlei runs to the rail quickdrawing her daggers and heating them up to to throw!

Dagger(Thrown w/PBS): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage+Scorching+Precision: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (5) + 6 = 16

Good thing I still have my blink-back belt!


Are you sure you want to do that?

Ashlei & Percival both miss their shots.

The Manticore swoops by Herzag (10' away) and snaps his tail as he passes.
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

One spike digging in nastily.
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The party may now act.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Ashlei & Percival both miss their shots.

The Manticore swoops by Herzag (10' away) and snaps his tail as he passes.
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Tail spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

One spike digging in nastily.
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The party may now act.

The Manticore is 40' up in the air.

251 to 300 of 1,237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.