Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky.

Game Master DBH

To be continued.

Red Sky folder link

Shackles map

Merrow melee


1 to 50 of 1,214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Are you sure you want to do that?

The game.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Da dot.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Dot.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Welcome everyone to the continuation of your campaign. We are using the map link up top. Deep tunnels. Please place yourselves on it in your party order.

D1. Ransacked Cache.

The removal of the wooden planks reveals a sinkhole descending into the rock. It drops thirty feet to the still, dark surface of water below. The broken remnants of a wooden platform and stair cling to the wall, but the structures themselves have long since rotted away and dropped into the inscrutable depths.

GM Screen:

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Ashlei & Rhailla can both sense that there are Sahugin lurking in ambush in the next chamber.

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

GM_DBH, Herzag had quaffed a potion of Water Breathing, and was pondering downing one for Touch of the Sea. In the meantime Ash pointed out it has a short duration, and the conversation came up whether one can drink pots underwater or not - what say ye? Can it be done?


Are you sure you want to do that?

It's tricky, but yes you can, just not when in combat. Loosen the cork or seal, put in mouth and use tongue to fully remove cork. Messy but workable. :)


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Gotcha thanks! In that case he will only down the pot of Water Breathing for now ;)

Herzag nods at the others, pointing at himself then at the next room, offering a thumbs up and a look of interrogation.


Inactive

Can we dive safely 30 feet into the water without taking damage? (Apart from being skewered by sahuagin, of course).

Neela appears prepared to fly down, though she wonders if she should expend her magical strength to do so.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

I think we are all using potions of water breathing right now, correct? Or something similar?

Cocking her head to the side, and grimacing at all the gods-awful water around her, Ashlei waves at the others and makes a gesture of sharp teeth and tries to say 'Fish-People.' She then points to the area beyond and draws her enchanted starknife.

Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

We had all just took a waterbreathing potion i believe since it would give us 10 hours (I believe) of water breathing. Neela had cast dancing lights below, we had tied a rope off and I had already climbed down the rope (not in the water yet) to see if I could see further down the passage. The plane was for me to the lead the way and you all to follow about... that was before the mention of Sahaugin of course.

He dropped into the water and pulled out a dagger.

"Of course the bastards would be in here... No Quarter lets clean them out and find the treasure!"

He called up smirking at the fishmen.


Inactive

As their Captain leads the way, Neela is left to shrug, and then dive on in.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Gm Screen:

Init Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Init Yellow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Init Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Init Orange: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Init Purple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Init Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Init Neela: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Init Percival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Init Ashlei: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Init Rhallia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Init Herzag: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

The Sahuagin are now on the map. The battle order is for when we go to general combat. As they are waiting in the other area for you to enter they are not acting. So the whole party can now take their first action.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Looking at the water, Rhialla gives Percy a smirk. "Try not to get too many holes poked in you okay."

With a chuckle, she utters a brief incantation to Besmara, her skin taking on the coloration and density of an anchor.

Cast Ironskin


Inactive

"Fate is on your side, Ashlei!" gurgles Neela as she begins to weave the strands of fate to the party's favor.

Fortune Hex on Ashlei. Cackle. Once per round, roll a d20 twice and choose the better result. Also, I'm going to suggest that "cackle" not require maddening laughter from a gameplay perspective, as that would get old fast.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Sure, it can be a ladylike 'OHHOHOHOHO' behind one hand.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

swim check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He let himself slowly sink in the water just a bit before he started to take large sweeping strokes forward just enough to plug the opening of the pathway.

With a bit of a cocky smile he made a come hither motion at the Sahaugin closest to him..

Swiming forward just a small bit since its all i can do as a move action and readying to stab the first Sahaugin that comes in range with my dagger.

readied attack action: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Inactive
GM_DBH wrote:
Sure, it can be a ladylike 'OHHOHOHOHO' behind one hand.

Neela giggles at some of the ridiculous possibilities she sees for the coming battle.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Unable to resist their own blood hunger the Sahuagin make the first move, Red swims forward and takes a nasty cut from Percival, jaws flexing in rage it stabs at him with it's trident.
Trident: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

It's blow is too impatient and misses.

Blue is hovering behind Red, ready for it's turn.

Herzag, Neela & Rhiallia can now act.

Remember that you are in water, so moving past Percival is easy, you swim under or over him.


Inactive

"Silly fishpeople don't know how to wait!" Neela next focuses on Captain Percival's actions, as she tries to make sure he skewers the enemies he faces. Fortune hex on Percival! Cackle!

Ongoing Effects:
Fortune Hex: Ashlei, Percival


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

We need to Bot Herzag since he player just went on vacation. GM do you want us to do it or you? Fortunately for now, due to limited space in the cave, he can stay back and let the rest if us handle things...


Are you sure you want to do that?

Botting Herzag

Herzag swims to support the Captain.
Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Coming up from beneath the Sahuagin he stabs at it's belly.
Dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Gutting the Fishman, who floats dead to the ceiling.

Waiting on Rhialla's action.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Swimming up just behind Percy, Rhialla begins to cast a spell that unleashes an explosion of brilliant light in the midst of the sehaugin.

Burst of Radiance

Creatures in the area are blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds, or dazzled for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds if they succeed at a Reflex save. Evil creatures in the area of the burst take 1d4 points of damage per caster level (5d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2, 3) = 14), whether they succeed at the Reflex save or not.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Please put the Save DC in your post, make it easier for me. At a guess Orange & Green are Dazzled, Yellow and purple are Blind.

Reflex Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Reflex Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Reflex Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Reflex Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The flash makes the gathered Sahuagin thresh wildly in the inky dark waters.

Green darts forward and lunges at Herzag
Trident - Dazzled: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13

Orange advances and tries to stab Percival
Trident - Dazzled: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 = 11

Their eyes still struggling from the spell they both miss.

Ashlei can now act. You can get passed the front two with a swim check. As Purple is blinded Percival can also go again as we loop back to the start.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Swimming past the two engaged with Percy and Herzag, Ashlei focuses on the one Fishman in the cave who doesn't seem to be blinking heavily...

Move action to swim, and a swift action to add my scorching effect to my starknife (assuming for now that I can do so underwater) Ashlei stabs at the Blue fishman!

+1 Starknife: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Fortune Hex!
+1 Starknife: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Piercing/Magic/Silver Damage+Scorching+Precision: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 6 = 10


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Sorry about that. Was DC 15 so you guessed right

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

improved disarm: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28

The Sahugin spears looked more useful than his dagger, and so he smirked at the one that tried to stab him, grabbing a hold of it with one hand and chopping its wrist hard with the butt of his dagger.

Improved disarm + free hand means if I beat his cmd I have a hold of his spear now :)

"You dropped something fishface"

He said stabbing the creature with its own trident.
Assuming i disarmed him, if not stabbing with dagger

trident stab: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Also sorry about the delays, had a minor family issue that came up


Are you sure you want to do that?

Asheli slips gracefully under the tangle of combat at the entrance to the caverns. Coming up and slicing Blue open across his pallid belly.

Percival casually disarms Orange, who barely has time to blink before he's spitted on his own weapon.

Blue lashes out at Ashlei with his trident.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Missing with a poor strike as his own blood clouds his vision.

Herzag, Rhialla and Neela are now up.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Swimming up to get an angle over Percy, Rhialla sends a razor sharp shard of ice streaking towards one of the blinded fismen.

Icicle vs Yellow (blind): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Cold: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Inactive

"Easy as pie," says Neela, as she laughs with delight at the party's continued success. Move and cackle, extending the Fortune Hex.

Ongoing Effects:
Fortune Hex: Percival, Ashlei


Are you sure you want to do that?

Botting Herzag.

Turning in place with a sweep of his arm Herzag goes for Green.
Dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Gutting the spell damaged Sahuagin easily.

With the Green and Yellow Sahuagin removed that brings us back to Ashlei. Blue and Purple are no longer blinded.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Rinse and repeat!

Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Slice and Dice!
+1 Starknife: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Magic/Silver Damage+Scorching+Precision: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 6 = 10
Iterative attack:
+1 Starknife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Magic/Silver Damage+Scorching+Precision: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 6 = 10


Are you sure you want to do that?

One left, and he has 1hp left thanks to Rhialla's spell, so he's dead.

The waters still and slowly clear of the blood spilled by the Sahuagin, there seems to be no further response coming to your invasion. You have two exits to choose from, the exit to your north (D3) seems to be better lit from the glow you can see coming from it.

What are you doing now?


Inactive

"I want to see what that glow is coming from," suggests Neela, as the battle comes to its conclusion.

She takes a bit of time to see if the Sahuagin carried anything magical. Detect magic.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei merely looks at the Captain.

"Capt'n? Where next?"

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

"Our witch says we head north, so North it is."

He began sheathing his dagger and keeping on of the sahaugins tridents, as much as he would to use his pike here the closed in tunnels would make it too awkward.

"Whoever is in the rear, keep a wary eye behind us, if there are some in the other tunnel they may try to box us in."

He began taking big powerful strokes torwards the north.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei follows the captain but hangs back a bit, keeping an eye upon the rear of the group as ordered.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Staying in the middle of the group, Rhialla swims like one born to water.


Are you sure you want to do that?

D3. Isabella Locke’s Chambers.
The tunnel rises above sea level here, creating an air pocket in this series of chambers. The floor is sand and a few items of furniture are scattered about, including a table, a poorly repaired chair, a bed with a sagging frame, and a crude fence of driftwood in the rear of the chamber. The entire cavern is overgrown with vines bearing tiny violet flowers that fill the room with a cloying fragrance.

Knowledge Nature DC17:

The flowered vines are a carnivorous plant known as a Xtabay. While slow moving their soporific Pollen can put you to sleep, allowing the vine to reach and begin devouring you.

What are you doing now?


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

"Well those are pretty, though the smell is a little much. Any idea what type of flowers those are Neela?" Rhialla asks, looking at the unusual flowers.


Inactive

K. (nature) DC17, guidance: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32

Neela sniffs the water for a moment. "Wait . . . is that . . . back up, back up! It's a carnivorous plant and that smell will put you to sleep. Let's go the other way!"

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

How high is the cavern ceiling?


Are you sure you want to do that?

The tunnels are 10 feet in diameter, the rooms have ceilings of 20 feet.

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

Too awkward for pike murdering from underwater then :)

"This is probably where that crazy woman lived being its above water, There is probably wealth to be had, but will we deal with it once the place is clear. Stupid carnivorous plants"

He made a motion for them to head back the other way shooting one scowl up at the plant.


Inactive

"Seriously, there are way too many man-eating plants in these waters. What gives?" Neela looks to back out with the others.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

"Yeah, good point. If we could kill the plants with magic that would be the easiest solution. I'm sure that crazy hag hid some loot here." Rhialla chimes in.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei shrugs and comments with a twinkle in her eye.

"Jungle here, jungle there...it all can burn I'm sure, if we try hard enough."

She then heats up her star-knife to a red-hot state and boils the water around it for a moment.


Are you sure you want to do that?

So, murdering the plants or moving on to the next room?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Next room GM_DBH, as the Cap ordered ;)

"Crazy girl" - Herzag shakes his head and chuckles, following after the others.

I am back from vacations btw :P

1 to 50 of 1,214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.