Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky.

Game Master DBH

To be continued.

Red Sky folder link

Shackles map

Merrow melee


451 to 500 of 1,237 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

F Kobold Oracle 6

"Oh boy, good thing the Captain loosened up with drink to tell a good take!" says Neela quietly to the others.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Percival has barely started telling the story before the heckling starts. Three is particular seem determined to drown him out with scorn and abuse.

Any of you can deal with a heckler by shouting him down with a successful DC 20 Intimidate check, engaging a heckler in diverting
banter with a DC 22 Diplomacy check, or counter-heckling with a DC 15 Perform (comedy) check. You can also use violent or magical means to remove hecklers, but this is likely to distract and detract from the storytelling, resulting in at least a –2 penalty on the Infamy check (this penalty increases to a –5 penalty if the PCs do anything particularly shocking or offensive). Each heckler who the PCs don’t deal with imposes a –2 penalty on your Infamy check.

What are you doing now?


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei saunters up behind a heckler and hisses in his ear.

"Hey you! Yes YOU! Watchit! The only difference between you and a corpse right now is the next ten seconds! You decide."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

Am I able to try the checks or am I busy with the story? Im cool with either way?


Are you sure you want to do that?

You are stuck telling the story I'm afraid. :)

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

*lawls* No worries I figured that was the case thought i would ask though. there goes my throw anything feat being used to toss a peice of bread or something into someones head or mouth to shut them up mid story.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela wasn't exactly the most skilled comedian, but maybe she could manage to turn the tables on these hecklers?

Guidance, Inexplicable Luck
Perform (comedy) DC15: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
"I think someone's confused his mouth with his a$$hole" says Neela to one of the hecklers.

She also tries to help Herzag in whatever he might try. Fortune Hex on Herzag.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

"You heard the ladies" - Herzag steps real close - "Now think long and hard at the next words coming out of your mouth, because I may just have to make you eat them" - he growls.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Rolling like a boss....


Are you sure you want to do that?

Herzag & Ashlei scare off one of the hecklers, leaving two more smirking in the crowd. One of whom splatters in shock when Neela compares his mouth to his ass.

The last is about to open his mouth to keep up the disruption when he blinks in shock and claps a hand to his belt. "My gold! Who stole my gold?"

He receives no sympathy from the crowd, "Shouda kept your big yap shut fool! Steada begging to be robbed." Comes a mocking voice from deep within the crowd. He glares and plunges into the mass looking for the source.

Percival manages to complete his account of your deeds, not the most stunning telling of a tale, but enough people there appreciate a blunt short and sweet account.

Perception:

perception Herzag: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
perception Neela: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
perception Ashlei: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
perception Percival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Herzag & Neela both spot the woman who picked the last mans coin pouch, she gives you a grin and slips away before he notices.

Once Kerdak Bonefist has sourly given Percival the letter of Marque the same woman wanders over and hands him a letter, giving Herzag a saucy wink at the same time.

The letter is from Tessa Fairwind. Mistress of the city of Quent on Motaku Isle, inviting them to dinner at her townhouse in Port Peril the following evening.

Knowledge local DC10:

Any PC who succeeds at a DC 10 Knowledge (local) check recognizes Tessa as captain of the sloop-of-war Luck of the Draw and one of the most powerful and popular pirate lords on the Pirate Council of the Shackles.

Knowledge local DC15:

A result of 15 or higher on the check also reveals the common rumor that Tessa is next in line for the Hurricane Crown—either by the acclaim of the Free Captains, or by taking it from Kerdak Bonefist herself.

What are you doing now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Herzag nods and chuckles acknowledging the girl when she comes over to deliver the letter.

Does she stick around?

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"Hmmmmm, nice invitation that one Captain" - the half-orc comments - "Seems like we're starting to get noticed. And dragged into the mess" - he grins.


F Kobold Oracle 6

K. Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16.

"I don't know, seems like we do a good job of leaping into messes ourselves! Tessa is usually called next in line for the Hurricane Crown—either by the acclaim of the Free Captains, or by taking it from Kerdak Bonefist herself. A good ally to have, and a bad enemy."


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Lore(Pirate Captains): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

He was glad he wasnt sweating... he felt like he should be sweating.If this was a regular thing they did he would have to practice, get better at it. He frowned at the contents of the letter. Politics. It appeared even pirates had them. If there were to have to navigate these waters as well he might as well get to know some of the other captains navigating the same waters.

"A good ally to have sure, unless it angers those currently in power. We'll go, but lets remember to tread water carefully. Im going to go mingle with the other captains, get a lay of the waters so to speak.

diplomacy meeting other captains: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Add another 1 to the total if they could be attracted to me

Percival would mingle a bit with the other captains, trying to learn things like, their ship names of course, their flags, preferred areas of hunting for prizes etc...


Are you sure you want to do that?

Dulcie Grace does stick around, she's an attractive Half-elf with a saucy grin and a pair of pistols in her belt to go with the many daggers she has on her, openly and otherwise.

She's happy to answer any questions you have regarding Tessa Fairwind but doesn't know anything about why she wants to meet you. "The Captain has a lot of irons in a lot of fires." She says with a shrug.

Percival you get to met a few other free captains, but at the moment everyone has their game face on. Deals and other captains business take place at more private spots. The senior Captains are mostly absent and you're meeting their underlings, or the independents who are sizing you up.

What now?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Herzag takes a moment to share a few words with Dulcie, offer her a drink and compliment her on the double pistols with a flirt and a chuckle.

"Also congrats on that smooth hand work with the gold pouch" - he winks when they aren't being noticed - "Proved to be just the distraction we needed. Thanks for that"

Pouring them both another drink he presses on - "From your end, how are Captain Tessa's chances looking?"


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Psst, the one with the quick hands that was flirting with you was her boss. She stuck around to scouts us.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

It is the same woman... Is it not?

GM_DBH wrote:

Herzag & Neela both spot the woman who picked the last mans coin pouch, she gives you a grin and slips away before he notices.

Once Kerdak Bonefist has sourly given Percival the letter of Marque the same woman wanders over and hands him a letter, giving Herzag a saucy wink at the same time.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Yeah I think I read that wrong as being Tess first and then her leaving and Dulcie hanging around. Never mind


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Admiring the woman's swagger, and her brace of daggers, Ashlei bows slightly an her eyes flash with amusement.

"Grace is it? Of course it is! Our hearty crew withered the greeting storm at the docks well enough, but the side help was appreciated."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela, as she is wont to do, tries to find some company that is a little less pirate and a little more unique.

If that fails, she amuses herself by looking for a couple that might be flirting and weaving their future fortunes together. At least it seems like there's nothing stopping her from delivering Fortune Hexes to random strangers for fun.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Dulcie flirts back with Herzag just as boldly. "I don't know what you mean good sir?" She laughs. "My hands never wander where they shouldn't." She demonstrates by giving your ass a firm squeeze.

On the subject of her Captain's chances Dulcie shrugs. "Your guess is as good as mine. Captain Fairwind didn't get to where she is by being easy to read. And she's playing her cards really closely this time!"

To Ashlei she responds. "That bastard Tsadok been riding for a fall lately. He knows Bonefist is on the way out, which means he stands to lose his position and any protection he had. He should be looking the get a ship and build his own base. Instead he's been on the prod and making enemies among the newer ships and crews. Stupid, but that's the way he is."

What now?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Carousing? ;-)


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo
GM_DBH wrote:
Dulcie flirts back with Herzag just as boldly. "I don't know what you mean good sir?" She laughs. "My hands never wander where they shouldn't." She demonstrates by giving your ass a firm squeeze.

"On that we definitely agree" - Herzag smiles widely.

GM_DBH wrote:
On the subject of her Captain's chances Dulcie shrugs. "Your guess is as good as mine. Captain Fairwind didn't get to where she is by being easy to read. And she's playing her cards really closely this time!"

"Fair enough - maybe we'll find out more at dinner tomorrow"

GM_DBH wrote:
To Ashlei she responds. "That bastard Tsadok been riding for a fall lately. He knows Bonefist is on the way out, which means he stands to lose his position and any protection he had. He should be looking the get a ship and build his own base. Instead he's been on the prod and making enemies among the newer ships and crews. Stupid, but that's the way he is."

"I can't believe he hasn't got some sort of plan up his sleeve..." - the half orc pipes in, taking another drink.

GM_DBH wrote:
What now?

For some reason I can't shake the feeling Dulcie looks like Miss fortune... Or was it Ash that looked like Miss Fortune..? :P In any case, definitely carousing as far as we are allowed :D

With an eye on Tsadok though... Just in case.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

You wish!

Ashlei


F Kobold Oracle 6

Hold on, my name is Miss Fortune!

We're now officially pirates. Let the revelry begin!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo
Ashlei 'Burnout' Mamoud wrote:

You wish!

Ashlei

Ooooph! That pic... Damn!

Neela wrote:

Hold on, my name is Miss Fortune!

We're now officially pirates. Let the revelry begin!

By all means! The more the merrier! Think it is the first time Herzag has a real chance to relax with the crew ;)


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Rhialla begins passing out drinks to her companions, taking the opportunity to be both social and entertaining and getting to know a few of those present.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Dulcie Grace Rogue/Swashbuckler Make sure you don't get distracted. :)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

Play your cards right and it could be a half orc sammich, at least thats what i would be shooting for if i werent spoken for :P

After talking, drinking carefully, mingling with other captains for a while Percival, and waiting for at least three of the other captains to leave, He would at some point would make sure to bid his farewells and make for the streets of the port, hopefully with his crew in tow. (and you know maybe Miss Dulcie if she were so inclined, wouldnt want to put a damper in Herzag's chances :P)

While wandering the streets looking for both the best of drinking establishments and perhaps someplace a little fancy to take Rhialla he would lay out a few loose plans.

perception to see if they are being shadowed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Consider us temporarily in unfriendly waters folks, I believe those captains in that grouping were sharks circling in the water water for us to fall overboard as it were. We will figure out out next move after meeting with Captain Fairwind tomorrow, then we will go about recruiting for more able bodied folk and figure out our next move after that."

Thats all i got really for now, Waiting to see what chaos miss Fairwind has in store for us, outside of that i got a few odds and ends to mess with.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei will take it upon herself to be Herzag's wingman for the evening after the initial discussions abound, making a 10gp bet with Herzag that if she can get help him company for the evening, despite his sour looks , nose ring, and green skin! Basically making it a game to get as many women interested in him as possible. If he gets laid, then Ashlei wins the 10 gps! Otherwise, she pays him.
=)

Diplomacy(Herzag Getting Some!): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo
GM_DBH wrote:
Dulcie Grace Rogue/Swashbuckler Make sure you don't get distracted. :)

Sweet Mother of Mercy...

Percival Asploric wrote:
Play your cards right and it could be a half orc sammich, at least thats what i would be shooting for if i werent spoken for :P

Great minds and whatnot..? :D

Ashlei 'Burnout' Mamoud wrote:
Ashlei will take it upon herself to be Herzag's wingman for the evening after the initial discussions abound, making a 10gp bet with Herzag that if she can get help him company for the evening, despite his sour looks , nose ring, and green skin! Basically making it a game to get as many women interested in him as possible. If he gets laid, then Ashlei wins the 10 gps! Otherwise, she pays him.

"Hmmmmmmm.... Deal!" - Herzag whispers in Ashe's ears - "Though..."

Ashe:

"100 gold if you get Neela to play along" - he winks - "And it could go higher, but I don't think you are ready yet" - the half-orc adds with a chuckle.


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei smiles and taps Herzag lightly on the cheek.

"Nope green-skin. Keep your nose ring out of our commanding officers! Rank has its privileges y'know!

She then sashays off to help Herzag find someone...to relieve his stress?


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

Lol. Nice graphic image there Ash!

Rhialla grins as the senior crew engages in setting up a bit of evening entertainment. Wrapping herself around Percy's arm, she fully embraces a night of revelry, while still keeping a sharp eye out for unfriendlies.


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo
Ashlei 'Burnout' Mamoud wrote:

Ashlei smiles and taps Herzag lightly on the cheek.

"Nope green-skin. Keep your nose ring out of our commanding officers! Rank has its privileges y'know!

She then sashays off to help Herzag find someone...to relieve his stress?

"If you put it that way pink-skin..." - Herzag chuckles again, taking another swig from his mug - "Show me what you can do!"


Are you sure you want to do that?

For all her sultry looks Dulcie is clearly one of [v]Captain Fairwinds[/b] agents for her brains and skills. She grins cheerfully as Ashlei beings to pimp Herzag out and plays along with relish.

She's happy to come along with you, and happy to recommend establishments to you based on your interests for the evening. Everything from brawls to fine dining can easily be found in a port catering to pirates suffering from overflowing coin purses.

She also begins suggesting some of the more exotic destinations to Herzag just to watch his reaction. "The Whip and feather is good if you feel you've been a bad boy and need a spanking?"

Or there's the Final settlement. That's for crew members who finished a cruise wanting to knife each other. They have a pit there for people to settle things, lots of betting takes place there."


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

Herzag simply grins widely, and is up for basically everything. Then stops short at the spanking suggestion - "Hmmmm, I'm more used to handing out the spankings..." - he chuckles - "Maybe some other time"


Are you sure you want to do that?

Sorry Herzag. You won't be getting lucky tonight. Dulcie is just getting to know the party in order to tell Captain Fairwind what to expect. But she does seem interested in you. :)

With Dulcies advice you find the various establishments that appeal to your tastes and have a good evening.

Next day. What is everyone doing?


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

That's fine DBH - Herzag is a patient one, and carousing is the name of the game tonight! He mainly wants to hang out with the team ;)

I'm thinking he will be waking up late next day - dust off the previous day's hangover with some grog, and clean up to meet with Captain Fairwinds.

Also might want to do some purchases - do we have loot shares (I get the feeling I keep asking this :P)


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Sleeping in and selling/purchases.


F Kobold Oracle 6

Neela wakes up in the morning, stretches, and goes on a pleasant walk around town with Mr. Wiggles, her dodo bird.

Eventually she gets back so they can all have a nice meeting with Captain Fairwinds.


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

At some point, Rhialla drags herself out of bed long enough to send someone to bring breakfast to the Captain's quarters.


Are you sure you want to do that?

We'll get this moving and have the meeting. It is your plothook. :)

Tessa Fairwind

When you arrive at Tessa’s townhouse, her retainers show you into a windowed dining hall with a view overlooking Port Peril’s harbor.

Tessa introduces herself and congratulates you on being named Free Captains. She asks you what you know of the current political situation in the Shackles, and hints that Kerdak Bonefist’s hold over the fractious pirate lords is perhaps not as strong as it might appear.

If her own possible candidacy for the position is mentioned, Tessa explains just how reticent she is to become the next Hurricane King. Nevertheless, she recognizes that Bonefist’s days are likely numbered, and hints that the time is ripe for those with ambition to start gathering allies.

Tessa also mentions the recent whispers she’s been hearing about Cheliax’s designs on the Shackles. Cheliax’s hatred of the pirate isles is nothing new, of course, but lately the rumors have been hinting at another Chelish invasion, which, if successful, could result in the Shackles being annexed into the empire—a horrific outcome to any Free Captain, regardless of who wears the Hurricane Crown.

Tessa is convinced that there is some truth behind these rumors, but she needs solid proof to put before the Hurricane King and the Pirate Council to force them to take united action. However, she can’t investigate these rumors herself—she’s too well known for such subtle work, and she needs to remain in Port Peril to maintain
her influence over certain factions within the council.

Instead, Tessa requests that you investigate the rumors. As resourceful newcomers, independent of any pirate lord, they have the best chance of uncovering information.

What is your response to what she's telling you?


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Ashlei smirks at the mention of the Chelaxians.

"The Devil-lovers can't be trusted. Ever. No doubt that they have plans on the table to try again...but all they ever do is plan. Actual action? That has to be signed in triplicate by the Queen and approved by their Devil overlord before anything happens for real. Proof will be there if they truly intend to do it. However...where would we find such information?"


F Kobold Oracle 6

"I guess we could attack some Chelaxian warships to interrogate their crew? That's probably a terrible plan, though, sounds like a good way to get ourselves jailed or killed!"


Current Status:
AC: 29 || HP: 49/60 || CMD: 26 || Effects: Shield, Blessing of Fervor
Male half-orc fighter (lore warden) 2/unchained rogue 5 || Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13 || AC 29, touch 19, flat-footed 21 || hp 60 || Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +7 Defensive Abilities danger sense +1, evasion, sacred tattoo

"Hmmmm, well I would say if they intend to simply barrel over the Shackles with overwhelming firepower, we should have noticed something by now..." - Herzag pipes in - "Otherwise they will need allies, spies, something to assist from within - we could try and track down those 'somethings'?" - he suggests with a shrug - "Someone known to maybe have contacted or worked for Chelaxian patrons recently?"


Female Human Cleric 7 HP: 50/50 | AC 19/13/16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +9 (+10 vs Charm/Compulsion)| Init: +3 | Perc: +6

"To pull it off would require either a very powerful weapon, or one hell of a fleet. Either would be impossible to completely hide." Rhialla says thoughtfully.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Tessa nods at your words. “I am convinced that Cheliax has spies and informants working in the Shackles, and I can think of only two places that might have some knowledge of these traitorous informers in our midst. The first is the House of Stolen Kisses in Quent, a temple of Calistria and one of the best information brokerages in the Shackles. Use this note to obtain an audience with the temple’s high priestess, Dindreann. The second is the Temple of the Hidden Name, a secret temple of Norgorber said to operate in the town of Beachcomber
on Bag Island. If anyone knows of these spies, it would be the followers of the Reaper of Reputation. I have no contacts with the priests of that temple, so I hope you can convince them to reveal what they know.”

She then unfurls several beautifully drawn, highly detailed nautical charts of the Shackles. These are charts of the fair winds, and Tessa points out the locations of Quent and Beachcomber to you on the charts. She also gives the charts to you, presenting them
in an expertly crafted watertight case as you depart.

Charts of the Fairwinds:

Aura moderate divination; CL 9th
Slot none; Price 3,200 gp; Weight —

DESCRIPTION
These aged charts of thick, yellowed parchment display rough representations of the Shackles’ major islands and the sea lanes between them. The detailed markings on these charts grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Profession (sailor) or Survival checks to navigate within the Shackles.

In addition, a multitude of wrinkles, stains, and blemishes mar the charts’ surfaces. Anyone meticulously studying the charts notices that these markings shift over time. The creases, smudges, and blotches on the map represent real weather conditions (such as clouds, rain, and wind) in the region, allowing an informed observer to determine the current weather patterns over the islands of the Shackles.

The charts grant a +4 competence bonus on Survival checks made to predict future weather conditions and a +2 competence bonus on Survival checks to gain a bonus on Fortitude saves against severe weather.

Finally, the pilot of a wind-propelled ship can make a DC 20
Profession (sailor) check to plot a course within the Shackles using the charts. If the check is successful, the charts grant the ship a +10% enhancement bonus to its waterborne speed as long as it follows the plotted course.

All of the charts’ benefits only apply within the geographic region of the Shackles. GMs with access to the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Skull & Shackles Map Folio might use the elaborate player map of the Shackles included therein to represent this item.

Any other questions you wish to ask, or anything else you want to say?


Female Ifrit Swashbuckler Level 7 (Flying Blade) | HP 66/66 (0NL)| Init. +3 (+5) | Speed 30ft | AC 23, touch 17, FF 17 | CMD 25 | Fort +5 : Ref +9 : Will +3 | Burning Hands: 1/Day | Perc +10 | Panache: 3 Pts / -0 | Active :

Grimacing, Ashlei response delicately.

"I'm assuming we have some discretion to 'handle' these Chelaxians as we see fit? I would hate to raise a temple to the ground without...support of some sort for the...legality of it?"

Dark Archive

Male Chelaxian Human Fighter 7 HP 44/56 subdual 56/56 AC/Touch/Flat 19/12/17 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+4/+2 | Init +3 perception +5, climb+8, Intimidate+9,Prof. Sailor +9,Swim+7,

"Best most times to leave known spies well known. Sure you skin one or two, but a known spy is a weapon that can be used to feed bad information to your enemies."

He paused taking a long look at the map.

"This is a valuble gift, thank you Captain Fairwind"

He began holding the map in the case.

451 to 500 of 1,237 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull & Shackles: Sails under a blood red sky. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.