Sandwiches, Rebels and Ancient Artifacts: A Picnic Behind Enemy Lines!

Game Master Old Mammoth


351 to 400 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Hmm, I don't stealth. I do provide covering fire, however.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua suggest the others in the group follow her suit and cover themselves with mud before heading out. The drakes have a decent sense of smell and covering up your scent anyway possible will like help with the success of the mission. That said, she tries to sneak towards the treasure, looking for the items they came for.


SL Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
SL Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
I Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Despite the darkness, Song manages to make her way to the cart with Imperia. The drakes do not seem to have been very interested on the cargo; a few crates have been clawed a little, but otherwise they are intact and closed. They would seem to have been rudimentarily divided into smaller and larger ones. In addition, Imperia spots a small leather bag, containing small and mostly round objects.

Song can carry one small crate and Imperia four. Large crates count as two small ones. The bag isn't heavy enough to be a factor.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua inspects the crates, looking them over carefully to see if everything needs to be taken.

Can I tell if any of the crates are more important? Does Lianhua think casting detect magic would wake the drakes?


Lianhua is sure that if she synchronizes her spell with the dragons' snores, they will not notice anything. Nothing indicates that one crate would be more important than the rest.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua scans over the boxes with a detect magic spell, being sure to do her best not to wake the drakes.


Lianhua activates her spell... And almost falls on her back as her senses suddenly become capable to register the magical emanations from the magical cargo. Due to the vast amount of different auras very close to each other, most of them are unidentifable, except for one that "shines" many times brighter than the rest, allowing Lianhua to pinpoint its location; The small bag that Imperia noticed.

Spellcraft DC 23:

The strong aura is of the enchantment school.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta snuck after them. She wasn't so good at creeping at night in the woods, but she could still creep!

She peered at Song's apparent surprise questioningly.


Ka'ta Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ka'ta creeps completely silently, until she stumbles over a moderate-sized, though oddly formed, rock. Or at least she thought it was a rock, before hearing a loud yell coming from it.

Draconic:

"Who the hell just kicked my face?"

Awoken by the yell, the rest of the drakes begin to stir, awake but still a bit groggy.

You have about one-and a half rounds of worth to do something smart before the drakes are awake enough to begin considering how well you'd go with some garlic marinade.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua looks up at the drakes as they begin to stir. Clear it's time for her to leave, she grabs the small bag at her side and cast vanish. Hopefully the others would be able to find a way out themselves as there wasn't much she'd be able to do to cover their exit.


The map, as requested.

Gorvy can start from whatever square on the left side of the map he wishes. Song is about 120 ft from the right side of the map.


Somehow I got the feeling that Song was running, but now that I read the post better... You neve say she is. :P So, has Song started running away already or is she waiting to see what the others do first?


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Thanks for the map. Is that Imperia by the cart?

I call out from H1, "Hey girls! Get your fine asses this way, stick together or fall apart. That's the drill!"

Once Ka'ta starts moving, I throw a tnaglefoot bag at the drake near her.
ranged touch attack with tanglefoot bag: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

"Ka'ta, get out of here! I'll distract!" Imperia shouts before reaching for the bag of round objects and finding it missing.

With a surprised look in her one eye, Imperia turns and watches the tanglefoot bag soar through the air. Taking the opportunity to engage while she's on the ground, Imperia takes a step forward and slams both fists into the groggy dragon's skull.

Stepping into H9-- no init so far, so this is after Ka'ta inevitably runs away I reckon.

Also, I'm assuming they sleep prone, but it's up to you. I didn't add the +4 bonus for the prone condition, so if they are, add +4 to my attacks.

Unarmed Strike, Fighting Defensively, Nonlethal Stunning Fist Rider: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17
Stunning Fist DC 16 or be stunned!
Intimidate from Nonlethal, -4 from Size: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 4 = 5
Damage, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Exploit Weakness for AC on D2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Total Damage: 20

So my AC is 23 vs. everyone but D2, for which (if and only if their CR is 13) it is 25. Run, team, run?


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua turns round as the rest of the group starts to fight with the drakes.

"This is a terrible idea. Fates guide me."

As she speaks Lianhua turns around, getting within the maximum range for her spell.

Using my last 2nd level spell to cast Piercing Shriek at the nearest drake to me. It has 140ft range at my level, so I should be able to get in range of one of them? It'll break my vanish of course.

It's DC16 fort. If it fails it's staggered for 4 rounds.


Rolls:

D1 Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
D1 Ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
D2 Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Init Drakes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Init Gorvy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init Song: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Init Imperia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init Ka'ta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

NPC'd Ka'ta for the weird sort-of round before this one. Sorry for the short post, a tiny bit sleepy now. :P

Ka'ta, following the example of Song, runs away from the drakes as fast as she can.

The drakes begin to recover from their sleep, but before they are able to get on their feet Song, Gorvy and Imperia launch their assault of spell, fist and sticky goo. One of the drakes is pinned down by the tanglefoot bag and given a couple of strong punches by Imperia, while another convulses in pain as Song's spell takes effect.

Initiative: Gorvy, Drakes, Everyone.

No map update for now. The drakes are still at the same spots.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I have dust of tracelessness so if we can get far enough away that we're being tracked (rather than spotted) then we should be home free.

That or we fight like mad dogs!

GM, will you GM-PC Fukarth until we escape/win? Or are we just collectively forgetting he exists?

"Did anyone get the goods?"

I stand with a gun in one hand and a smokestick in the other. If I'm told that nobody has the stuff then I will start shooting but if anyone tells me they have it then I ready an action to drop a smokestick once everyone has run past me. Then I will join them in fleeing.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

"There's a whole cart here! It has wheels and I ain't leavin' here on account of no drakes! Keep throwin' stuff!"


Fukarth has disappeared in a puff of smoke. There is an entirely reasonable explanation for that, however.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I shrug.

Attacking the drake Imperia is confronting. Using one grit for Focused Aim.
touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Reaching into the bag that she found earlier, Lianhua pulls out whatever it was that was inside of it. She may not have the power to fight the drakes normally, but a magical item might be able to help.


Rolls:

D1 Str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
D1 Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 5
D1 Cloud: 1d4 ⇒ 3
I Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
D2 Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
D2 Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Gorvy's shot hits the entangled drake, who growls in anger and struggles against the strands of goo, but for no avail. Frustrated by not being able to break free, the drake opens his mouth and spits a ball of acid that burst right next to Imperia's feet! While Imperia manages to escape unharmed, she finds that the cloud formed by the acidic blast is seriously hampering her vision.

The secod drake roars and charges towards Imperia, barely missing her throat. Meanwhile, the third drake just stands up, looking as if suffering from a terrible hangover.

Song reaches into the bag and feels several small, round objects, like gems. She realizes that she doesn't have a way to know which of them is the magical one.

Map. It is kind of messy, just ignore the extra squares. The brown shape is an obscuring mist effect. PC's turn.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Acrobatics vs D2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Acrobatics vs D1, 2 higher DC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Exploit Weakness vs D1 for AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Moving directly to K10 to get away from the two drakes-- needs two dice rolls vs. each drake, exploiting inbetween as swift to raise AC vs primary target

Greataxe, fighting defensively: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9 Woosh!

So, Imperia has 21 normal AC, +3 from fighting defensively for 24, and if D1 is CR 1 or lower, 26 AC versus them.

Leaping through the mist cloud and hoping that it's concealment would work both ways, she slips behind the pummeled drake and draws her greataxe. With a leaping strike, she misses it entirely, too focused on her own defense to stop even for an instant. "Gorvy and Imperia, alone against the hordes! Great! I hope you're still there Song because it'd be nice to get some help!"

Good old Imperia, can't notice invisible people who cast spells...


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"At least we'll die with our boots on."

I circle around to the south, trying to keep linked up with Imperia while searching for a way to hit the drakes. Moving to L5, which gives me line of sight to the bit of Drake1 that is protuding from the mist.

Spending another grit point on focused aim, I fire again at the drake which confronted Imperia.

touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua sighs as the bag proves to have nothing useful. Moving forward, she then proceeds to cast another spell.

Lianhua will move up then cast grease in the 10ft square in front of her.


Whole Lotta Rolls:

I Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
G Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
D2 Acid: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 2) = 13
D3 Acid: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 6) = 15
D2 Wait: 1d6 ⇒ 4
D3 Wait: 1d6 ⇒ 1
D2 Cloud: 1d4 ⇒ 4
D3 Cloud: 1d4 ⇒ 2
D1 Strenght: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
D1 Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
D1 Tail: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Gorvy's shot hits the target again, but the drake is too focused on chasing Imperia to pay attention to the gunslinger. When the half-orc monk disappears behind the drake's pinned companion, she spits a goblet of acidic goo near to where she is, catching Imperia unaware. The pinned drake just trashes wildly to no avail.

Meanwhile, the staggered, miserable-looking drake spits another ball of acid towards Gorvy, who manages to avoid most of the damage, then goes back to looking miserable.

Song succeeds on casting her spell.

Imperia takes 13 damage, Gorvy 7.

Quick tactical overview: Imperia is next to D1, and has partial concealment against it. D1 and D2 are completely inside the fog and have total concealment against everyone else but Imperia, towards whom they have partial concealment. D3 has no concealment. Gorvy is inside a fog cloud and can't see outside, but he can get out from there with a move action.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Exploit Weakness VS D1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Yup, that fails.

Attack vs D1: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 4 = 19
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 6
Greataxe damage!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Acrobatics VS D2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
If necessary...
Acrobatics VS D1, DC is 2 higher: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Looking for an opening, she finds herself lost in a cloud of acid. Sputtering, Imperia draws the axe down across the first drake's face in a wild arc before lunging away and out of the burning fog.

So, exploit for AC-- fail. Attack defensively with -4, hit. Miss chance, success. 16 damage and then acrobatics away. If D1 is still up, secondary acrobatics! but I have a feeling he's not, having taken 48 or so damage. If he is, we're soul crushed.

AC remains 24!


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Imperia makes a good point: I'll wait to see what happens to the drake before making an action.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta grumbles to herself in Mwangi. Now her toe hurts. But she does limp over, trying to use the fog to hide herself as best she can, to cast Barkskin on Song.


I had been under the impression that you needed to roll over the miss chance to hit? Since I couldn't find anything about that in the ruling, Imperia hits this time, but in the future any miss chance rolls are rolled under the assumption that "higher is better".

Imperia strikes the drake right into the muzzle. The beast recoils from the hit, spits out blood and teeth and falls to the ground, unmoving.

D1 is down.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I stride out of the fog and shoot the first drake I can see.

touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua takes a big gulp as she prepares herself for what she's about to do.

Hopefully I'm close enough it'll just run over here.

Draconic:

"Seems like drakes are pretty pathetic! No wonder you're just the smaller cousins of dragons! I could probably kill you with my bare hands!"

As the geisha yells her insults she waves her hands in front of her to make it clear she doesn't have any weapons drawn.

Using the intimidate function of Antagonize on drake 3. Using versatile performance for the intimidate check. Keep in mind Lianhua put grease in front of her on the previous turn.

Intimidate(Keyboard Instruments): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta blinked, and frowned. "Well, good thing I cast that," She noted, as Song ran off yelling. She turned to cast again, staying to the back of the group of them. She darted up to slap Barkskin on Imperia again.


Rolls:

D2 Bite: 1d20 ⇒ 1
D2 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
D2 Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 2

The drake that Song had insulted, despite still being under the effects of her spell, manages to muster enough strenght to charge towards the bard even as Gorvy shoots him into the back. But the promisingly started attack is thwarted by Song's grease, and the drake end up face-first on the ground.

The other concious drake lunges towards Imperia, but due to the heavy fog between them, the only thing that the drake's teeth catch are dust and half-dead flies.

D2 is now next to Imperia, D3 is prone at the feet of Song. PC's turn.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Exploit Weakness for AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Safe to say this will never happen. lol

Flurry one!: Nonlethal Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17
Intimidate from Enforcer, -4 for Size: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 4 = 24
Damage, nonlethal: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 - If he's intimidated, he's intimidated for 8 rounds.

Flurry two!: Unarmed Strike!, Fighting Defensively: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
Miss!
Total: 8 damage and Fortitude DC 16 vs. stunning

Imperia responds to the creature's loping attack with a quick series of snap kicks, moving out of the way but now keeping herself between it and Ka'ta. The storm caller's magic works across the half-orc's body, her skin turning oaken and grey.

So my AC is 27, touch 25, flat-footed 20 right now thanks to +4 from righting defensively and +2 from Barkskin. Thanks Ka'ta! Also thanks Song for drawing one away for a minute.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

With a clear view and stood out in the open, I am more concerned about Song being gobbled up than the dauntless Imperia.

Using rapid shot I pour out shots toward the drake with its face in the dirt.

touch attack against prone drake: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

touch attack against prone drake: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


I'd normally bot Song at this point, but I don't want to ruin whatever her player is planning just yet, so I'll give a little extra time to post this time, unless someone objects.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Sorry for the wait, I had to take care of my grandfather and haven't had the time to write a proper post.

As Lianhua looks at the drake slipping over itself she bends down and clamps her arms over knees to speak to it. Very much in the same manner as one would do when talking to a child; though this connection is likely lost to the creature in front of her.

Draconic:

"Hm... Sounds like my friends over there are giving your pals some trouble. Why not just call this whole thing off? If you surrender I can guarantee your safety, and I'll do my best to do the same for the other drakes as well. If not then I can't promise that man won't stop putting bullets into you... Or those eggs over there either..."

As Lianhua finishes speaking she eyes the eggs not far from her current location. She was going to make this drake understand its place in relation to her. Rather that meant killing it or having it submit was of no importance.

Not sure if it's diplomacy or intimidate but they're both the same because of my versatile performance.

Diplomacy/Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Dice:

D2 Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
D2 Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
D2 Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
D2 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
I AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Normally, trying to be diplomatic in a situation like this would not work, but the drake has enough negative conditions on that I'll be more flexible.

Due to a shorter target, Gorvy's shots pass over the drake, passing dangerously close to Song. Imperia fares better, kicking straight into the drake's jaw. While the kick isn't exceptionally powerful, the smell of her soles causes the drake to recoil, visibly frightened. She tries to trip the monk with her tail and bite her, but Imperia dodges both attempts and manages to get a strike of her own past the drake's defences.

Meanwhile, the prone drake opens his mouth as to spit acid on Song's face, but shuts it close before actually doing anything and emits a long, resigned screech.

Draconic:

"Well, Fine... I'll surrender."

The drake then turns around and shouts something towards the cloud of dust containing Imperia and the other drake. A short conversation ensues.

Draconic:

"Hey sis! I'm surrending just so that you know."

"Big freaking surprise. You have always been a coward."

"Hey! I... Uh... Yeah... So do you also..."

The other drake stands in place, moving her glare from Imperia to Song while blood runs down her head. The drake shivers for a moment, then roars defiantly.

Draconic:

"Never! I'll rather die fighting than watch from aside while you depraved hairy apes satisfy your perverse hunger! I won't allow it!"

The fog covering Imperia and the drake falters down. No more concealment for either. PC's turn.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia laughs-- she can't understand a thing they're saying but she thinks she gets the jist of it. "I thought so! You're the same way as me, huh? Neither of us would stop until we were dead!"

The half-orc throws the greataxe aside, taking a limber stance with both hands empty before bobbing and weaving to the left and the right, launching powerful empty-handed strikes as she pressures the enormous creature.

Exploit Weakness for +2 to Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 ~rofl~

Attack, Stunning Fist!: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Not sure if that hits or not, but 6 or 13 damage.

Keeps me at the coveted 27 AC. I'm dropping it next round-- my fear of dragons has abated now that there's only one still fighting.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua lets out a sigh as the fighting continues. None the less, things went more smoothly then she expected.

"Looks like two of the drakes surrendered. Please try not to kill the last one if you can. I promised I'd do my best to make sure we didn't kill any of them."

As she speaks the geisha looks back to the other drake.

Draconic:

"I told them to at least try to not kill, I can't promise anything more then that if he doesn't want to stop."


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I step closer the the remaining drake as Song speaks to it, my gun levelled at it.

I hesitate long enough to let it speak to Song, "Song?"

But if it still won't play ball...

touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

"What do you think, eh?" she asks the drake. "Death before dishonor?"


The drake endures Gorvy's bullets and Imperia's strikes, though the damage that they do is immediately visible. Nevertheless, the drake raises proudly her head, staring with a burning gaze into Imperia's eyes, and intonates with a proud voice.

Draconic:

"Well? What are you waiting for? Do your worst, I'm not afraid of..."

Until suddenly, the drake's voice falters and she collapses into a bloody, whimpering mess.

Draconic:

"Please don't kill me, I'm so sorry, I'll do anything that you want... I'm too young to die!"

Combat over!


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia stares at it for a moment and smirks. "I guess you're nothing like me after all." She plants a foot on its head like a dragon slayer would, to show dominance, and turns to the others.

"Well, ladies and gent, let's collect the treasure and leave these two to their soft, audible weeping. The acid is starting to annoy and I'd like to bathe before the bile-y citric smell sets in; I prefer the current scent of victory."

She takes her foot off of the drake's head and turns to inspect the wagon, secretly hoping it will try to take her from behind so that she can finish it off. If the wagon's good to go, so is she.


Imperia Ulvauno wrote:
...secretly hoping it will try to take her from behind...

Sorry Imperia, but this is a family-friendly game. :P


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;
GM Coluber wrote:
Imperia Ulvauno wrote:
...secretly hoping it will try to take her from behind...
Sorry Imperia, but this is a family-friendly game. :P

Lord almighty. Maybe Imperia's internal monologue is Cha 8 too.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I reload my guns and stand ready.

"I wonder what it said? Right, everybody grab the stuff. I'll keep an eye on these two."


The drakes behave themselves and do not give Gorvy a reason to shoot. Imperias inspection reveals that the wagon is in a relatively good shape, and is ready to go, provided that you find someone to pull it.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

"Well that's load everything up then if things are settled."

After speaking to the rest of the group Lianhua looks to the drakes.

Draconic:

"Would you guys give us a few minutes alone to gather our things? If you're well enough to fly off."

351 to 400 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanwiches, Rebels and Dice: A Gameplay Thread! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.