Sandwiches, Rebels and Ancient Artifacts: A Picnic Behind Enemy Lines!

Game Master Old Mammoth


251 to 300 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth sits on the floor of his room, sipping from his flask and sharpening his axe.

Is that scarier than the ghosts?


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Am going to post a spoiler to RP with Ka'ta before they hit the sack, no reason to bog things down with just the two of us.

As night comes Lianhua lays down to sleep, but not all too peacefully. She shakes as her fear of ghosts becomes quite clear to anyone watching; as does the fact that she's wide awake.

Ka'ta:

As Lianhua makes her way into the room she takes a deep breath, obviously nervous, but at least a calmer feeling now that she wasn't surrounded by people. In fact her general disposition almost immediately became more relaxed and calm.

The girl quietly offers a smile to Ka'ta as she walks over to her bed and pulls a nightgown from her backpack. Changing clothes, she very noticeably takes effort to hide her back. As she finishes she looks to her companion with a curious smile.

"If it's possible when you get the chance could you help deal with some of my injuries? To be honest I just can't stand being touched by males. I feel like telling that to the dwarf would only encourage him though."

As she speaks she takes a small breath to break in her speech.

"Also you should tell me more about yourself. I don't really know much about you despite that we've been traveling together. You seem to get along with everyone much better then myself."


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Similar to Song here.

When the door's closed, Imperia inspects the room and it's drawers and closets for anything strange. Perception!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 or +10 for 19. If she doesn't find anything of interest, she heads to bed.

Gorvy!:

"Hope you don't mind me prayin'. Have to thank the Lord in Iron that we survived." Imperia sets her weapons against the wall underneath a portrait of some noble with a square jaw and prays to Gorum, knelt down with hands locked. She stands up after a short minute but leaves the weapons leaning there.

She began to strip off the upper layer of her clothes, like her hooded leather vest, her gloves, the cloth wrappings around her elbows and knees. Imperia briefly considers Gorvy's grin in the hallway. Maybe he found it funny or maybe he liked the idea, but either way, she was still ugly. Best not to pay it too much mind. He was always smilin' for one reason or another anyways.

When she was done, she was just in breeches and a wrapped top-- her massive, spiraling scar-mark, an intricate design of orc runes and symbols, dominates her body from mid-neck to waist, going as far as the center of her chest and wrapping around to her shoulder blades. "Hope you don't mind but I'm gettin' comfortable. We've been on the road a bit too long and there's beds here."

Imperia kicks her boots off and points at Gorvy's sidearm. "So, uh... now that we're in private, and y'don't have to show-and-tell the whole class about it... can I see yer..." she gestures Gorvy's firing stance, making a 'b-kkhrr, pop-pop' noise as she did so.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Song:
Ka'ta settles easily enough, taking care of her meager possessions with care. The gear that they got upon the start of their adventures is the most carefully treated, as if Ka'ta is not quite used to having possessions.

At Song's question, though, the quiet druid nods and scoots over to use her last spell on Song.

Healz: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Sorry for laughin' atchoo," Ka'ta notes.

"Easy to get along when I don't got much to say." Seems true, her lack of finesse with language is more obvious when she does talk.


I can't believe I didn't update yesterday. :( So sorry!

Fukarth:

Just when you are taking a ship from your flask, you hear a voice call behind you. "Thirsty, dwarf?"

Should you turn around, you'll see a handsome young man sitting on a bed near you. As he is on the opposite side of the only door leading to the room, you can't think of any sensible way he might have entered the room... Except for through the walls.

"That bottle of yours looks awfully small. You know, I just happen to know a way we both can get really drunk."

Kata & Song:

As she lies on her bed, shaking, Song (and Ka'ta, should she be awake) suddenly feel the room's temperature drop by a few degrees. Suddenly, she hears a voice just beside herself. "Are you not feeling well, my child?"

An elderly man with a gentle face and a long white bread is standing next to her, having appeared seemingly from nowhere. There is a clearly worried expression on his face as he looks at Song. "Wait here, I'll go fetch that no-good great-great-great granddaughter of mine. She should be able to do something."

I'll wait for GE/Gorvy to post before moving onto their ghost.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

"Aye. I really shouldn't, tonight," Fukarth says glumly, looking at the little flask. "I've been led to believe this place might be haunted. Still, it won't hurt to keep you company, I suppose."


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta is asleep, but probably wakes up when Song, er, notices the ghost.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

As the ghost enters the room Lianhua's nervousness seems to come to a high. Her shaking intensifies and she pulls the blanket over her head taking the "if I can't see them they can't see me" approach. Quietly she whispers again and again to herself "I'm asleep I'm asleep I'm asleep" in Tien.

Ka'ta:

"Well it seems like whenever you speak it seems to be something nice. You're from Braganza if I remember correctly? How'd you end up here with the rest of us?"

Lianhua continue to make conversation with Ka'ta, ever curious about those she's traveling with. At least those that don't frighten her. As she ties up the last of her gown she gives another smile as Ka'ta heals her wounds.

"Thank you. I guess I owe you one now huh?"


Fukarth:

"Are you sure? Why don't you take a look before you decide?" The man points towards a corner of the room; If you look closely, you'll see a board that is a little loose...

Song/Ka'ta:

The ghost looks at Song, puzzled, before responfing to her in Tian himself. "It would seem to me that you are very much awake, young lady, though I concur that seeing incorporeal spirits might cause one to question his state of awareness. In this case, however, you are very much awake. Though I guess that you will not just take my word for it..."

The elderly ghost floats over to Ka'ta. "I'm terribly sorry for bothering you with such an unordinary request, but could you please give a good pinch for your friend in the other bed? I think it might cause her to act a little bit more rationally."


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Sighing, Fukarth clambers to his feet and walks towards the loose board, reaching down with his axe to pull it up.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Imperia:
Gorvy is a live-for-the-moment person. Part of the reason he is CN, rather than CG, is that he doesn't tend to consider the perspective of others or the impact of his actions.

And he hasn't slept with a hard-bodied half-orc before, so maybe tonight is the night.

That said, I'm not really into RPing anything beyond a fade to black.

Gorvy isn't pushy, Imperia can decide how far this goes:

Gorvy gives a lazy grin, "It's always a pleasure, when a woman wants to get a better look at my weapon..."


Fukarth:

Will DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

After removing the board, Fukarth finds a large cache of very fine alcohol. But before he can make a decision about consuming them, he feels a chill go up his spine as some kind of... something enters his body! As much as he might try, he can't do anything but watch helplessly as something compels him to pick up the bottles and drink them completely, one after another.

After a while, the sheer amount of alcohol is too much even for a dwarf's metabolism, and he falls into a drunken stupor, but not before hearing a taunting voice: "Thanks for the drinks, sucker!"


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua rolls her body the opposite direction from the ghost's voice as it speaks.

"Only a child would have to ask someone for help with a ghost!"

She speaks out to the creature in Tien again, clearly still frightened by the fact she won't remove her head from the covers.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

"I'll show you mother-shuckers what kind o shucking dwarf you messhed ... oh, shcrew it."

Hugging the bottle, Fukarth falls to the floor, muttering about ghosts and will saves.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Gorvy!:

Just narrating her thoughts-- I figure Imperia's the kind of person to overthink things, with her high wisdom, and often times isn't assertive-- low cha. Don't take a lot of her inner monologue seriously.

"Har har har," she says with a dismissive wave. Yep. He was just like that.

"I'm bunking down but I figure I'm just going to stay awake. Specters are apparently real popular 'round here? That don't sit right with me. Don't want some spook poppin' up in the night and doin' somethin' unnatural."

Imperia tucked up to her waist in sheets and blankets, her single eye focused on the door and her arms crossed-- if anything came through the window, there wasn't a scarier sight to be seen.

Unless Fukarth was drinkin' and sharpening his axe menacingly again.


It would seem that Gorvy and Imperia are left without a ghostly encounter... Sorry! :(

Song/Ka'ta:

The ghost seems to be quite offended from Song's remark, and turns around before floating out through the wall. "Youngsters these days..."

There are no further paranormal occurences during that night.

The night may have felt long, but finally the sun begins it's journey through the sky and a new day dawns. Should you decide not to spend the rest of they day holed in your rooms, you'll be greeted downstairs by your hostess, apparently eating breakfast. (But you can never be sure, can you?)

"Sure took you a long time to wake up! Come on, sit down and grab something to eat. The sausages are delightful."

On the table, amongst the foodstuffs, is a map of the region. What is alarming, however, is that a big red cross has been drawn exactly on the destination of your journey. It would appear that Isidora either knows about the magic item smuggling, or has detected the auras emanating from the magical goods.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Any side effects for Fukarth, other than waking up on the floor with a monster hangover? As he does many mornings.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua finally falls asleep not long after the ghost disappears and in the morning she steps up somewhat proud of the fact that she "scared" it off. Changing clothes quickly, she doesn't take notice of rather or not Ka'ta is awake, nor does she make a conscious effort to hide the birthmark on her back. With a big smile she heads down to meet with the rest of the group.

As she arrives she very quickly begins to boast about her accomplishment, though slightly embellished from the original story.

"You should have seen it last night! A ghost entered the room and I stared him down with the look of a tiger. I told him that only a child would fear ghosts as I readied myself to accept any challenge that he may have for me. Not expecting my bravery, the creature turned tail and ran away, leaving me to rest peacefully for the rest of the night."


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta just grins at Song and her story of bravery, but doesn't contradict her or add to it. In fact, she nods. She stares blankly at the map, then looks over at Song again, her usual quiet.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"Aw, sausages, damn I'm starving."

As I begin tucking in, I listen to Song's tale, "Staring down a ghost! I'm standing behind you next time we get into trouble."

Only after my appetite has been satisfied do I notice the map, "Oh, um, woah, um... people... oh, right, yeah." I realise everyoen else is way ahead of me.


After giving you ample time to aquaintance yourselves with the sausages, Isidora hits her glass with a spoon to get your attention. "Now, before you continue your journeys, I have a small favour to ask from you," she says and points in the general direction of the map. "Unless my daughter has suddenly developed a sense of humour, this should be a map of the nearby lands. And there should be a big red cross on it somewhere. I have my reasons to believe that there should be a sizeable amount of magical equipment on that location. Now, I have no interest in most of the stuff there, but there should be a certain gemstone that I would be most pleased to acquire. And I'll need the help of people who are able to not hit their head on every single tree on the way there."

She lets you digest the information (and the sausages) for a while, then continues. "Of course I won't be forcing you, but we'll need to find another way in which you can compensate for the food and lodging and damages caused to my intrudent-repelling system. Oh, and one last thing," she adds and puts a thick stack of paper on the table. "I was told to make "that insufferable Tien girl" write "I will respect my elders." five hundred times. I don't know why, but you don't just start arguing with a ghost."


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua listens to the woman's story as she speaks, but doesn't flinch even a bit. Rather a smile starts to form on her lips, clearly ready to engage in conversation.

"Now listen, from what you told us last night it sounded like we did you quite the favor. We simply just removed some heroes who had threatened your life after all. I'm not sure why you went and reanimated their bones, but we cleaned up the little problem. Those things were quite the fire hazard to your beautiful home as well! Does one look to charge a guard when he apprehends a thief trying to pick your pocket? I would think not!"

The girl takes a moment to look down at the plate of food in front of her. Just as the night before she hadn't touched anything.

"You had told us last night as well that it was fine for us to stay here for the night, but if you suddenly want to try exploiting innocent travelers such as ourselves that's on you. I already had a wretched enough time last night getting rid of that ghost! Even the worst of inn's don't have problems as big as that! None the less, if you want payment for the stay I wouldn't mind discussing something. As far as payment for destroying the creatures outside; well we were just doing you a favor anyways."

With that Lianhua makes a point to stand up in a very challenging matter.

"As for wanting me to write on that paper you're thinking far to highly of yourself. I won't allow anyone to look down on me and I surely won't allow you to treat me like a child either. I didn't take orders form the ghost last night and I'm not about to take orders from you either. I've given you an acceptable amount of respect since we first met and I expect nothing less from you in return."


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth leans closer to Isadora, and whispers loudly. "I think the night's lodging is fair condensation for pointing out the flaws in your intrudent-thingy. I entirely agree with you about arguing with ghosts. While I don't mind waiting while the insuff ... the Tien girl writes, you'd have to explain to her what respect meant if you wanted her to learn anything from it, and I haven't got that much time."


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia shrugged-- she didn't see the problem. Weren't skeletons important? They must've been at least fifty a pop. That put them at like... 300gp, minimum. That was a hell of a lot of money.

But then again, the lady was blind as a bat so Imperia's noncommittal look of contemplation wasn't probably getting through to her. Time for words. Oh, ugh, time for words. "Not seein' the big problem here. It's only a gem'r'somethin'-a-dinger, plus, hell, she just pointed out a big cache of magical who-sa-whatsits we can collect as a re-ward afterwards. You sure this is worth makin' a point about? I'm not one willing to argue semantics with a necromancer."

The person with intimidate diplomacizes; the person with diplomacy intimidates. :P

Oh, and you heal your con+your level overnight, which should help most folks get close to max again.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"So, you want to hire us but you don't want to pay us?"

I shake my head and chortle for a moment, "Normally, people in your situation offer the map and the rest of the treasure as payment. And normally, that's a pretty sweet deal but we already have a map and a plan of our own: so why should we go off doing your business when we've already got our own adventures in this forest?"

"As for the undead..." I roll my eyes, "Ain't many places in the world where people think it's okay to leave vicious traps for people who just want to knock on your front door. I don't reckon it's okay in Nirmathas, for whatever that's worth."

"I don't mind being convinced to change course, but I need a bigger motive than, 'As my guest, you must do whatever I demand.' That ain't a thing outside of stories with Baba Yaga in them."

Gorvy doesn't mind being asked to do stuff, but he hates being told.


"I sometimes feel that my life would be so much easier if I didn't have a distaste for violence," Isidora sighs. "I only care of the gem, you can keep the rest if you wish. And as for why you should do as I say... Well, as your friend mentioned, arguing with a necromancer is almost always a bad idea. Especially when the necromancer in question happens to be the most powerful one in the whole country"


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"Ah, so it's threats! Gotcha."

Hey, nobody said I had to respond with good grace.

"So, we'd better get going then..." I pull my pack onto my shoulders and check my pistol is in good nick.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia considered it for a moment, but decided against just railing the necromancer in the skull with her foot right now. The old she-creature was blind and now she was threatening them? It had stood on its own merits and Imperia had been willing to go along, and then all of a sudden she was being forced and she wanted to resist with all of her might.

She stands up and yawns, stretching her arms above her head before buckling down her leathers again and following suit prepping with Gorvy. "Yeah, good point. Best to be on our way as quick as possible." They'd come back with this gem-- or not!-- and then everything would be alright. Simple enough. Maybe she'd get arrogant and try to off them-- then they could off her. The world worked in easy concentric circles.

Still, tempting to surprise her with a smack to the jaw. But, eh, not worth it. They were kind of reasonable, for a hell-raising creature of death, right?

Overthinking it. She hooked the beard of her axe over a shoulder to slip on her gloves and says "Let's get out of here, eh?"


"Yes, you would do well to do just that. Now, if you excuse me, I'll have to go and think of a way to replace my... guards." Isidora stands up and starts to leave the room, but then suddenly turns back. "Oh, I almost forgot... may the Pallid Princess' blessing preserve you in your travels." As the blind woman says these words, you fell a strange, tingling feeling fall onto you, although only Fukarth finds it genuinely unpleasant.

---

The day is warm, but not unbearably hot; You manage to travel quite a distance before the sun begins to set. It could almost make one think that the day would pass without any further troubles, but then our brave group of adventurers notice two men standing guard in the middle of the road a moderate distance away.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth stops and spits in the road, scratching his beard as he looks at them.

"Well, how much worse can they be than the skeleton lady?" he says, not really wanting to find out. "Who can shove her damn hospitality, by the way. As far as I'm concerned, we don't owe her a thing."


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Anyone want to cast detect magic and see what kind of enchantment she might have dropped on us? Don't want to be an unwitting victim of a geas or curse...


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

She peered with her one eye for a moment, taking in the situation. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 or +12 for 21... Absolutely visual based!

Imperia holds up her hands and says "'Hoi there!" while waving a little. She put a bit of pep in her step. Better than the mansion, out in the sun. Lot less gloomy, though the rain made it humid and the sun made it hot and a bit sticky. She was half-in-half-out of her leathers, and raising her arms reveals her rocky, uneven abdomen.

Their reaction would tell her everything she wanted to know. Was there going to be trouble? Maybe they were waiting for someone. Maybe they were waiting for them. Free hunch engage!!


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua gives a heavy sigh at the others' actions, but doesn't actually say anything more. Taking a few steps back, she moves towards the exit with everyone else. Feeling the tingling magic from the witch in the room she attempts her best to identify and resist whatever spell she may be casting.

Attempting to identify the spell she's casting.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Even if it's positive Lianhua will attempt to resist.
If Lianhua identifies it as a curse or something she might speak up about it as well.

=============================================

If the men appear to be Tien Lianhua will cast vanish as soon as she can tell

The way the men were standing in the road seemed very odd to Lianhua, but as her allies greet the guards she doesn't say anything. She didn't have much experience outside of large cities so this area definitely wasn't her specialty.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"Hail, and well met!"

I greet the men with a grin and a wave, joining Imperia in approaching with confident cheeriness.


As you come closer, you notice that the men are armed, though they don't seem aggressive. They do, however, not move out of your way. Although they do not wear uniforms,

"Halt, travelers! We are checking the stuff of everyone who passes though, to see that they aren't Molthuni spies or something. So... Can you, like, open your backpacks and show us the stuff in there?"

Imperia:

If anything, the men seem really bored. You'd guess that they just want to get rid of you quick and go to home to sleep and eat a sandwich.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

"Ha ha! No," she says and shrugs noncommitally. "How do we know you're not bandits lookin' fer an easy mark?"

Simple enough. Was this what Nirmathi soldiers looked like?


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

I'm guessing I couldn't identify the spell then?

Lianhua gives a kind smile as the men approach. As they begin to speak she listens carefully and then does something quite unexpected.

In Tien:

"Oh!? Are these fans? Here I'll preform for them!"

After saying something in the foreign language the girl summons a flute and begins to play, dancing along with the rhythm.

Dance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Wind: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


"Ha ha! Yes!" The taller of the men responds. "We have an official certificate of being authentic Nirmathani backpack-investigators." He takes a sheet of paper and shows it to Imperia. Funnily enough, it would seem to be authentic.

When Song begins to dance, the two men take a step back from the apparently crazy girl blabbering nonsense. "Uh... Is she dangerous? Though I must admit that she is quite good with that flute for a lunatic," the shorter of the two men whispers to Imperia, with a slightly worried expression on his face.


Song Lianhua wrote:
I'm guessing I couldn't identify the spell then?

You did, but it is a homebrew spell, and I'm not exactly sure myself what it does... I'll get back to you when I manage to iron out the finer details. For now, it isn't harmful and Song was not able to resist it.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;
GM Coluber wrote:

"Ha ha! Yes!" The taller of the men responds. "We have an official certificate of being authentic Nirmathani backpack-investigators." He takes a sheet of paper and shows it to Imperia. Funnily enough, it would seem to be authentic.

When Song begins to dance, the two men take a step back from the apparently crazy girl blabbering nonsense. "Uh... Is she dangerous? Though I must admit that she is quite good with that flute for a lunatic," the shorter of the two men whispers to Imperia, with a slightly worried expression on his face.

"It's just the sickness. Most of us have got it," she replies, straight faced. "We picked it up out'a crypt we were diggin' in. Just a bit o' spores from a creature. We only had so much antitoxin to go around. Trying to get her to a doctor 'fore it gets much worse. Heluva contagious, too, the dwarf weren't even near the fight and he got sick-- that's sayin' somethin'!"

She drops her pack from her shoulders and holds it out. "I got kind of in the thick of it and it spored all over me. Clingy varmints. Got in real good to the packs, too, all over everything." She turns to Gorvy and laughs, saying "Good thing we're immune now, right? Thank Gorum for modern medicine."

She turns back to the soldiers. "Well, hell, have a looksee, then. Just watch out fer breathin' an' don't touch the fuzzy patches."

Bluff of shame: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Anyone want to help Imperia with that Bluff?


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"Aye, that stuff was horrible. I'm almost glad I got it full in the face: means I got a good dose of the antiplague stuff."

bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Oh, yeah!


With that roll, I won't even bother rolling for Sense Motive. :P

The two men pale in unison, look at a nearby bush as if asking for guidance, and then quickly apart from your way and cover their faces with their hands.

"Just go! But don't tell anybody we didn't inspect your stuff or we'll be in trouble!"

---

The rest of the day goes without any major trouble, and you manage to find a good place to rest for the night. The next day, however, sees you having to go off-road to reach your goal again. You walk through the quiet, serene forest for a few hours, but then you hear a loud and very unserene "Twang" from very close.

MAKE A REFLEX SAVE!


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Reflex save!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Evasion!


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

With a speed and grace completely unsuited to a creature with such stubby little legs, Fukarth nimbly dances out of the way of ... something. I think.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Sorry guys, Paizo didn't load for me yesterday.

K Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

A moment after you hear the noice, half a dozen small bags fly from a nearby bush towards you! Most of you manage to evade the bags, but Ka'ta gets hit by one, which spaltters her with some icky goo. The goo soon hardens, gluing her to the ground and rendering her immobile.

Ka'ta is Entangled and unable to move unless she makes a DC 17 Strenght check or someone deals 15 points of slashing damage to the goo. (No attack roll necessary)

251 to 300 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanwiches, Rebels and Dice: A Gameplay Thread! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.