Sandwiches, Rebels and Ancient Artifacts: A Picnic Behind Enemy Lines!

Game Master Old Mammoth


101 to 150 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia watches with dull vested interest from the wagon, her head propped up on one hand.


Rolls:

H Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Huh? Oh come on, you don't want to adventure for them. It's much more fun on this side, I swear! There's plenty enough adventuring work with all kinds of inflitrators from Molthune creeping about. Come on, I know a town quite close from here, only a day's travel away at most, that always has work for adventurers--crazed goblins or crazed bears or crazed cultists or something equally crazy."

The red-haired halfling had been eyeing your group suspiciously for a while, but his expression eventually regrets and he comes towards your group smiling. "I'm Anthony Claypotter, a most humble servant of the Dawnflower, and the half-orcs over there are called Gin and Rum. Pleased to meet you."

Rasha doesn't respond to Gorvy, but instead whispers something quietly to Ka'ta.

Ka'ta or Perception > 15:

"Is that guy your boyfriend?"

Should you decide to follow Rasha to that town that she wants to take you to, it'll delay you for a day or two. Not an unacceptable amount of time, but you probably shouldn't make such stops a habit or they might start getting worried at Molthune.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia mimes tipping her hat to the halfling. "Likewise," she says.

She gives the half-orcs a toothy grin, however, and slides off the wagon to approach them. "Boys," she says with amusement before speaking in gutteral orc: "Greebas-- krenbluk krenbluk'a? Gug. Grebuk uruk'hai gib ahrmthuut'a. Uman gib Imperia. Nubb'h'k. Krenbluk oot-uruk gib?" She mimes tipping back a bottle with a sly smirk on her face.

Orc language!:
A common kind of introduction: "'Sup. Gin and Rum? Good. My orc name is spear-like arms. Humans call me Imperia. Outcast clan. Got any of your namesake to share?"


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

A depressing look fills Lianhua's face as the conversation goes from casual to a request for accompaniment. Hopping up from her perch on the wagon she makes her way over to Ka'ta and wraps an arm around her shoulders.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"Listen I don't mean to be rude, but I think we will have to decline your offer. We've got places to do and things to see... That seems a bit off to me, but excuse my poor common I'm not from the area. "

Taking a short break from her speech Lianhua takes a very visible sniff of the air.

"Also I don't really like the smell of half-orcs."


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

On hearing the names of the half-orcs, Fukarth takes up a defensive position between them and the barrel of whisky in the wagon.

"Don't much like the sound of a town full of crazies," he grumbles.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta seems startled at the question, "Erm, no..." She blinks, letting the others voice their opinions, "We're sort of in a rush. I think."


The half-orcs stare at Imperia for a moment, then Gin answers in a slightly rusty Orcish of someone that hasn't spoken it in a while.

Orcish:

"Not really. We have to hide booze or halfling drink it all- What did that woman just say?"

Gin and Rum turn to look at Song, with astonished (and slightly amused) expressions on their faces. Rasha, however, doesn't find having her friends insulted funny at all.

"Watch who you call smelly, you trollop! I'm not letting you insult my friends like that! Either you'll apologize right now, or else..."


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua smiles a bit at Rasha's words. She was already prepared for this sort of response.

"Hey I never insulted anyone! All I said is that I don't like the smell of half-orcs. I also don't like the smell of the daisy either, but I'm sure most people would disagree with me. The fact that you assumed that I called them smelly even though it was never said probably says more about you then it does about myself."

Taking a quick breather the girl turns to the two half-orcs standing behind Rasha.

"If I was you I would reconsider my company."

about how tall is Rasha? I'm just curious to get the scene pictured in my head.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Hearing Rasha's comment makes me grin, and I turn to the half orcs, "We should play cards: Gin, Rum and Me!"
I chortle, "Worst joke of the month? Maybe?"

Then I address the halfling, "Always a pleasure to meet a fellow of goodly devotion on the road. Nice hat."

After Song speaks, I sigh theatrically, "She means well, I promise. Song does have a point though: our path is laid before us... Hey, maybe we can meet up in that town you were talking about, when we've got some time to unwind and offload our finds? Maybe I can buy you a drink?"


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia snerks at Gorvy's awful attempt at humor and squints mightily at Song's rant.

She turns back to the half-orcs and says "Ee trok'uk'a uu'k. Oot-uruk... Uman gub'geep'r. Kraltch nub uebel. Uruk'hai gub gib k'gralp gorvy, gug? Urgblud uruk mojo keepah? Haffa goth lyr'tik. Gib?" She holds out her hands in a mock-plead, trying to make some friends.

Orcish:
"She likes to kick the hornest's nest. No one around here likes... half-orcs. Humans [like her] are rude. Ignore her, she's a bat. Half-orcs like us should stick (drink) together though, right? Gorvy thinks we should meet up after our job is done. Share drinks then? I won't tell the halfling. C'mon!"

Mighty, mighty diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"And if you'll deny me that much," she says, breaking into common for a second, "Rhiee shu'uk'a-b'hai? Sieh turlik? Chak ta getta oot-uruk choom gug ggrultuk'r, um bahd eem urak-hai ahrmthuut'a whur clomp?" She props her hands on her hips and stands proudly talking to the two men.

Orcish:
"What's up ahead? The closest town? Maybe the route's safe because you two warriors walked it a minute ago, or is this poor girl going to have to walk unprepared into danger?"


Rasha is a little over 160 cm tall.

Orcish:

"Sorry, no. That sponge of a halfling can smell a bottle being opened."

"I don't think I have ever been compared to a daisy," one of the half-orcs remark. Rasha still looks quite angry, but with her friends not taking offence, she calms down a bit. "Well then, I'll suppose we should get going. Heard that there's some kind of building project going on near Fort Ramgate. Could as well make ourselves useful and see if we can throw some spanners into their works." Before leaving, she gives another bone-crushing hug to Ka'ta. "Take care, will you?"

---

You continue travelling along the road. It starts getting progressively smaller and rockier, until there isn't any road to speak of, and you must plunge into the forest.

A whole lot of survival rolls:

G Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
G Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
G Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
K Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
K Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
K Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
F Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
F Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
F Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
I Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
I Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
I Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
S Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 20
S Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 6
S Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 10

You manage to keep your course more or less straight, and emerge from the forests to see a crossroad upon you. One path leads to a mansion; which silhouette you can see in the distance. The other path will allow you to continue your journey towards Skelt without interruptions, but you'll have to camp outside, and with the way the clouds look a thunderstorm could be considered very likely to happen.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

Ooh, what do we do? The metagame thing (avoid spooky mansions)? The satisfying narrative thing (knock at the spooky mansion)? The sneaky thing (avoid spooky mansions)? The maintaining our cover thing (spooky mansions are go)?

"Hey, look at that big place; out here in the middle of a forest: Nirmathas is weird." I shrug and step toward the mansion, "Ah well, maybe they'll let us stay the night. Even sleeping in a barn would be better than camping out on a night like this."

I only take few steps, unless others agree that it is the right idea.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

"If they're anything like the other people we've run into, it'll at least be interesting," Imperia says with a yawn, casting her gaze up into the dark clouds above them.

"I could stand to not have to spend the night getting smoked out by a campfire, eaten up by 'skeeters and sleeping on hard ground. I'm with you," she says, trotting over behind Gorvy.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta hugs her old friend with some confused blinking. She nods and steps to follow Gorvy - they're adventurers! Spooky mansions are agogo!


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Song wasn't really one to stay anywhere spooky, she'd never been good with ghosts and the like. None the less she wasn't about to sleep out in the rain either. She could barely stand sleeping outdoors, much less in poor conditions.

"I don't know if it really looks that big. Maybe more like a summer home? Either way it would definitely be better then sleeping out here I guess."


You decide to go explore the mansion, and start walking along the path leading there. After a while, your passage is blocked by a gate. It doesn't seem to be locked, but there is a sign hanging on it.

"Please do not enter without permission."

You notice that there is someone on the other side, not far from the gate, in a rocking chair nonetheless. The figure wears loose robes and a hood obscuring gender or ethnicity, and remains eerily motionless. The chair in which the figure sits rocks slowly back and forth, making unsettling creaks.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Following behind the others, Fukarth gives the creepy mansion a once over. His face opens into a broad grin as they get closer.

"This looks like the type of place with some real top shelf stuff."


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

"Erm, hello?" Ka'ta calls through the gate.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Lianhua's disposition shows an immediate change upon seeing the ghostly figure sitting on the porch. She didn't mind having a place to stay, but ghosts and the like are something that she wasn't all too fond of.

Taking a few steps over she moves behind Ka'ta with quivering legs. In but a quiet whisper Lianhua speaks in a voice so quietly frightened that only the person in front of her could easily hear.

Ka'ta or Perception, not sure on the DC, but I'm guessing it's 15

Spoiler:

"Uh... The sign says we should keep out don't you think we should just move on?"


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth studies the figure on the chair, and decides he doesn't like the way it's staying so still while the chair rocks.

"Hey you in the chair!" he yells. "We're adventurers seeking a safe haven for the night. Can we come in or what?"


The figure doesn't answer, and the chair keeps squeaking.

You hear a rumble from a distance- You'll be lucky if you get an hour before you start getting rain (and thunderbolts!) on yourselves.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

perception DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

I call out, "Hey, fella, or lady, or whatever. Don't be rude: we're talking to you!"

I look around for a knocker or bell on the gate.

"Is that even a person, or a scarecrow stuffed in a chair?"


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Imperia eyes the figure in the hood in the rocking chair for a moment with a grim determination.

Sense Motive for that impossible hunch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

She listens in on Song and Ka'ta's conversation.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

The fact that Song was willing to flee almost tickled her fancy, but she couldn't muster up the energy to dwell on it as her pressing need to not be caught in a thunderstorm overtook her. Imperia sighs, impertinently, and moves forward.

With a shrug, Imperia shoves on the gate. Is it locked? If it isn't... When it swings, she pushes it at least arm's length open before approaching the figure on the chair and roughly removing their hood, an inquisitive yet frustrated scowl on her face.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth strides through the gate beside Imperia, a hand on the handle of his axe. There are times when "adventurer" and "raider" are dangerously close to the same thing, and after all, this is technically enemy territory.

"I've no wish to do any harm," he says. "But I've even less desire to spend the night getting pissed on by clouds while the heavens chuck thunderbolts at us."


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta eyes the clouds with a shrug - storms do not bother the storm-rider, really, but she seems willing to follow the others. Song just gets a 'look'.


Imperia opens the gate, and she and Fukarth walk past it ignoring the sign. Reaching the figure doesn't take long, but the sheer eeriness of the situation and a tingling sense that something is wrong make the moment feel painfully long.

Imperia pulls down the figure's hood, and is greeted by two empty eyesockets in a skull devoid of flesh.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

If Imperia's afraid, she doesn't show it. If she's surprised, she doesn't show it. If she's utterly terrified in that brief instant, she doesn't show it. Instead, she takes those three emotions and bottles them up handily. She issues forth a sharp "HM." and stands her ground, clutching the hood she's removed like she was hanging over a cliff and it was her last handhold.

After a pregnant moment, she turns to the others, shrugs and says "I figured he was sleepin'." and pulls the hood right the $%^& back on.

Uncharacteristically quiet, she takes a few steps away from the corpse, puts her hands in her pockets and whistles softly as if it didn't bother her at all she is completely fine thank you. After she paces and whistles Shiny Happy People she returns to the corpse with grim curiosity.

Does it look like an old corpse or a new one? I'll bust heal on it to see.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Probably isn't even dead. Someone wake this guy up!


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta shrieks. Yep. She was sure startled there. But that's what they get for poking spooky mansions, she supposes. All of a sudden she feels much more sympathetic to Song!


Rolls:

I Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
F Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
G Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
SL Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
K Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
S Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Imperia leans in to take a better look at the skeleton, but she is interrupted by the sound of a large amount of the ground ripping open! Two large cracks appear on the ground on the both sides of Fukarth and Imperia, and the bony figures of animated skeletons arise from them, igniting into flames as soon as they climb up and turn towards you with evil intent burning in their eyes.

---

Initiative order: Everybody but Ka'ta, Skeletons, Everybody.

Map!


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fukarth raises his face to the heavens and shouts loudly.

"Lucky Wanderer, help us from these cursed things."

Then he draws his axe and takes a step to engage the one to his left. (D-7)

Channel (Will DC 8 halves damage): 1d6 ⇒ 5 That should catch all of them. 30' radius.


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta calls on the storms already brewing around her, pulling the wind and rain to her to blow out towards the nearest skellngton.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

"Cayden's cup! We're being outsmarted by corpses now."

I step to the edge of the gate I8, using the gate corner as cover and fire at the skeleton before me S3.

attackm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Will saves:

S1 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
S2 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
S3 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
S4 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
S5 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
S6 Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Nothing to see here: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Fukarth invokes the power of his patron, and the skeletons are struckt by a wave of holy power washing over them. They all stagger from the positive energy, some more than others, but all remain standing and dangerous.

Gorvy takes aim and shoots one of the skeletons clear in the skull. The skeleton in question had managed to resist most of Fukarth channeling, but the force of the hit blows the skeletal undead's skull into thousands of tiny, fiery pieces as the rest of the skeleton's body bursts into flames one last time before collapsing to a pile of charred bones.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Letting out a scream easily twice as loud as Ka'ta's Lianhua makes a point to hide herself even more closely behind her companion's back. Then just as if throwing gas on a fire the ground breaks forth now revealing not just more skeletons but flaming skeletons at that. Shivering unstably the girl stands still, frozen in complete fear.


I take it that you are hiding behind Gorvy and taking no further action this turn? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rolls:

S1 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
S1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
S1 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3
S2 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
S2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
S2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S4 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
S4 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
S4 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3
S5 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
S5 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
S5 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
S6 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
S6 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
S6 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
SM Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
[dice=I Save]1d20+

The fiery skeletons raise their scimitars and lurch into a relentless assault!

Two of them swing their scimitars towards Fukarth. One of the strikes misses him entirely, but the other is only barely stopped by his suit of armor. Gorvy likewise is protected from a burning scimitar by his chainmail.

Ka'ta, however, is not as lucky: She is hit by both of the skeletons attacking her; The blades cut deep and the fires in them scorch her flesh.

Meanwhile Imperia is left alone by the fiery skeletons. However, before she is able to go help her friends, the sitting skeleton springs up and reaches towards her, skeletal hand radiating negative energy. She however avoids the attack by merely taking a step backwards, leaving the robed skeleton grasping the air and almost losing balance. The sight is quite comical, even in the middle of a battle with undead horrors.

Ka'ta takes 16 points of damage. Sorry. :(

When your turn comes up, take 1d6 fire damage for every burning skeleton next to you.

Initiative order: Everyone, Skeletons.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Well I was cowering behind Ka'ta, I'm not sure if maybe one of the skeletons would have attacked me instead.


Oops. I'll fix it.

Fixed map!

Ka'ta takes only 10 damage, Song takes 6.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Flames: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 Screw you too, dice

Fukarth must have been more saturated with alcohol than usual, as the flames burn him badly.

In response, he unleashes a torrent of dwarven curses which are untranslatable, and punches his shield into one of the skeletons attacking him. He takes another step to his left (E-7)

Shield Bash on S1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Shield Bash: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Note that his AC will be 19 until his next turn.


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

Taking a wound from one of the skeletons Lianhua cries out in pain. Not even given a chance to recover the burning hellfire relentlessly pours out onto her soft skin.

1d6 ⇒ 6

Finally snapping somewhat back to her senses the girl takes a step back from the skeletons and notices that Ka'ta seems to be taking even a more brutal beating then herself. Not wanting to see someone die in front of her eyes she lays a hand onto the druid's back.

"Don't attack or they'll be able to see you again!"

Taking a 5ft step to the left (into square E9) and casting the vanish spell onto Ka'ta.


F Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Fukarth's shield crush the skeletons ribcage, and it's flames flare wildly until they finally calm down. Fukarth manages to mostly avoid the flames, only getting a piece of hot bone on his toe.

Fukarth takes 2 points of damage. Yeah, killing them also hurts you.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

I step away from my new foe 5ft step to H7 and fire at it.

"On fire! Why are they on fire!"

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


F Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban) 4

Ka'ta appears to be quite shakey and staggers, almost falling.

*Editted because I missed Song's post.

The storm dissipates, though, and she vanishes, and then steps five feet away from the skeletons, back and left.


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;
Ka'ta wrote:

Ka'ta appears to be quite shakey and staggers, almost falling.

*Editted because I missed Song's post.

The storm dissipates, though, and she vanishes, and then steps five feet away from the skeletons, back and left.

Remember that you're taking a d6 of damage though, right on your turn... I think Coluber expects us to roll it!

Imperia stares blankly for a moment. Ugh. What an awful situation. She needed to protect Song and Ka'ta or else things would be getting really bad, really soon.

She looks at her hands and then looks at the skeletons. Yeah-- they're on fire. Best not to test luck.

Acrobatics vs SS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Moving to E10 and drawing my greataxe.

She turns and amateurishly tries to simply spin on her feet away from the grasping, unbalanced skeleton. "I'll deal with you later!" Imperia pulls her greataxe free from a sling on her back and steps into the skeleton's unwavering path towards Song.

Greataxe strike!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - Greataxe damage!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 If that kills it, remember I have evasion when rolling for reflex.

After the blow lands, Imperia spits on the ground and shoots a glare at the other skeleton nearby. "What, did I piss you off by defiling your grave or something? Wow, classic skeleton. So touchy! Man up, Bones, deal with it, you're dead! You're dead and your house is creepy! Jackass!"


Rolls:

Damage K: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Damage G: 1d6 ⇒ 4
I Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
S4 Attack: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
S4 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
S4 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S2 Attack: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
S2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
S2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S2 Claw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
S2 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
S2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S6 Attack: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
S6 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
S6 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S6 Claw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
S6 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
S6 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
MM F Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
MM I Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Imperia swings her greataxe in a mighty arc, bisecting the poor skeleton. Fire and pieces of bone spew forth, but the half-orc avoids the debris and the flames completely. Meanwhile Gorvy shoots at his pursuer, but the shot goes wide, missing completely.

The remaining skeletons attack once again with their fiery scimitars and claws. Despite the amount of fiery swinging steel and bone, none of their attacks manage to connect.

After doing a gesture indicating great displeasure towards the other skeletons' ineptitude, the robed skeleton points a finger towards the air. Two spheres of magical energy spring out from it and travel a few metres up into the air, before innerringly spiraling towards Fukarth and Imperia and striking with force!

Ka'ta takes 9 damage from the skeleton's fiery aura, and is now at 0 and disabled. Gorvy takes 4 damage likewise from a fiery aura. Fukarth takes 5 points of damage and Imperia 4 from the robed skeleton's spell.


HP 10/41, Initiative +1, Perception +9, AC 21, F +8, R +3, W +5 (+2 to saves v poson, spells, spell-like abilities) Dwarf Cleric 1/Fighter 3

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
"Dammit woman, this is no time for laying down on the job!" Fukarth snaps at Ka'ta. To emphasize the point, he thumps the other skeleton attacking him with his shield.

Shield Bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Reflex if he goes BOOM!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage if he goes BOOM!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 I'm guessing I a) killed him and b) made the save, recording 1hp lost (2 total this round), will adjust appropriately if needed.


Human Gunslinger 4; Hit Points 29/29; AC 17/12/15; Initiative +4; Perception +7; Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +2

As the fires burn at me, I look over at the skeleton in the chair.

"Are we not killing that guy? Desna's Tears!"

I try to dodge past the skeleton near me edit, I guess that is a fail, so I've provoked an AAO.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

And move through the space that has opened up because of the skeleton I shot to D8.

To shoot the caster Spending grit for cha to damage:
touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Half-Orc Martial Artist Monk 4; HP 21/34; AC 21/17/18; Initiative +2; Perception +10(+12); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +8;

Just wanted to remind people that Ka'ta is invisible-- but if you're brought to 0, you aren't unconscious yet. So Ka'ta can still just flee from the skeletons if she so chooses-- try to pass out somewhere we can reach you! The danger is that they blow up and she's invisible...

To notice an invisible creature nearby: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 So, I've noticed an invisible creature nearby...
I have to roll Ka'ta's stealth to see if I can find her: 1d20 + 2 - 20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 20 + 20 = 17 Great. Glad I rolled high!
Perception check to pinpoint Ka'ta's square as a move action: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 I found you! You're right there!

Imperia looks for Ka'ta and doesn't see her-- but then she just feels her. She glances to the left and in the split second of battle she can smell blood running down Ka'ta's body, can smell the petrichor scent of fresh rain and knows Ka'ta is bleeding out, she's right there, she's still standing.

Imperia turns to the skeleton beside them and shouts "Tell me when you move!" while blocking a lazy overhand swipe from a broken scimitar with the haft of her greataxe. It scrabbles at her stomach, trying to burn her, and she kicks the skeleton back. "Soon is good! Faster is better!"

Readied action for when Ka'ta moves and tells me -> Attack the skeleton!

Do not open until my readied action goes off:

Attacking the skeleton!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 -> Greataxe damage!: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Reflex save!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 I am full of this tonight.

Imperia swings back with the blunt side of the greataxe and just demolishes the skeleton in front of her with a heavy strike to it's skull. Her blow crushes his clavicle and shatters his sternum, the skeleton's head lodging into his ribcage with a bone-crushing crunch. She turns away to look at Song the second it explodes behind her, the fiery bits of bone and ash swirling around Imperia. She wears a wild, feral grin; the shards of burning bone leaving her unscathed entirely and swirling behind her like a pair of ashen wings.

Imperia ruins the moment for everyone by cackling and saying "Did you see that?! I turned him into a jack-o-lantern!!"

After, I'll skip (5 foot step) over towards the next skeleton-- unless I had to to get to this one, then I don't!


Female Human Bard (Geisha) 4; HP 28/28; AC 11/11/10; Initiative +1; Perception +7; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4; +4 against bardic performance, sonic, language-dependent effects; +2 against charm and compulsion, +1 against mind-effecting

It says on the disabled condition that you can still move while you're at 0 hit points so that shouldn't stop Ka'ta from moving back on her previous turn. I don't want to lose teammates. ;-;

Praying that Ka'ta will be okay Lianhua decides that she can't simply just stand idle any longer. Letting out her voice, she begins to sing a encouraging tune in Tien.

Sing 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Starting a sing performance for inspire courage +1


Since over 24 hours have passed, I'll NPC Ka'ta for this turn. Also, a skill check isn't needed to inspire courage; If you sing badly, it'll just encourage your party to work better so that you shut up. :P

Dice:

G Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1
I Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1
S4 AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
S4 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
S4 Crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
S4 Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
S4 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
S4 Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
S4 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
S4 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Ray Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Str Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ka'ta disengages from the fight but stays near enough to be able to quickly rush to help the others should it be needed.

Imperia and Fukarth completely destroy the skeletons they were fighting with their brutal blows, littering the ground with smoldering remains of the undead warriors. Gorvy tries to outmaneuver the last remaining burning skeleton, but gets only a burning scimitar on his shoulder for his troubles. He shoots at the robed skeleton and hits, but the undead spellcaster only flinches a little; It seems that the necromantic force keeping this one together is much stronger than normally.

The skeleton who had wounded Gorvy isn't content with that, and keeps pursuing the gunslinger, but doesn't manage to hit anything but air.

After making a few arcane gestures, the robed skeleton points at Imperia and sends a glittering ray of magic towards the half-orc. The ray passes harmlessly over her head, however.

Gorvy takes 13 points of damage, Imperia 1. PC's turn.

Map!

101 to 150 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanwiches, Rebels and Dice: A Gameplay Thread! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.