Human (Mwangi) Druid (Urban Druid) 4
N Medium Humanoid (human)
Init +4; Senses Perception +11
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 24 (4d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +8; +0 bonus vs. divinations and enchantment effects
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks storm burst (7/day)
Spell-Like Abilities Storm Burst (7/day)
Druid (Urban Druid) Spells Prepared (CL 4):
2 (3/day) Barkskin, Barkskin, Spider Climb, Fog Cloud
1 (4/day) Cure Light Wounds (x2), Entangle (DC 15), Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist
0 (at will) Guidance, Resistance, Create Water, Light
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 8
Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 17
Feats Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Magical Aptitude
Traits Focused Mind, Reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +8, Diplomacy +7, Fly +8, Handle Animal +5, Heal +10, Perception +11, Ride +6, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7, Survival +6, Swim +6
Languages Common, Druidic, Polyglot, Varisian
SQ lorekeeper, nature bond abilities (storms), resist temptation, spontaneous casting, wild empathy
Other Gear 150 GP
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
Druid (Urban Druid) Domain (Storms) Associated Domain: Weather
Focused Mind +2 to Concentration checks
Lorekeeper (Ex) +2 Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility).
Resist Temptation (Ex) +2 save vs. enchantment and divination
Spontaneous Casting The Druid can convert stored spells into Domain spells.
Storm Burst (1d6+2) (7/day) (Sp) 30' Ranged touch attack deals 1d6+2 nonlethal damage and inflicts a -2 to hit penalty for 1 rd.
Wild Empathy +3 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
1) Ka’ta is a cool customer. She doesn’t talk a whole lot, but when she does, she tries to say profound things. Its not always profound. Because she’s close-lipped she can sometimes come off as standoffish. Perhaps this comes from her years as a slave where it was better to be seen and not heard.
2) Smallish, and dark-skinned, Ka’ta is average looking, with wide, pleasant enough features and dark black eyes. Her hair is tied back into braids. Her favorite color to wear, when she can get it, is blue.
3) Working all her life in Braganza, Ka’ta had been a slave all her life, working off her ‘debts’ towards freedom. Though she technically is no longer a slave, she is not yet a citizen. That is why she has joined the Imperial Army in order to earn it and further her station in life.
4) Because she worked and lived in Braganza, Ka’ta is not what you’d call a typical druid. She has little connection with nature other than knowing it is there and having a sort of interest in it. Instead, she has focused her magic on the weather and other more urban-oriented aspects of the wild world.
5) Ka’ta is purely neutral. She goes where the winds day her, a true optimist. Anything is better than being a slave or servant, and she’ll do what it takes. She would rather not hurt people, but she will. And she’d rather follow the laws of society (it’s easier in the long run) but she’ll break them if it’s necessary to accomplish her goals.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
1) Ka’ta wants her freedom and citizenship. Really, she’d like to eventually have her own shop of some kind (maybe cooking?) but at this point it’s just a faraway pipe dream.
2) I’d like to start piling on some interesting skills and professions for Ka’ta so I can come up with a cool shop/business idea for her at the end of the campaign that’s uniquely flavored by things that happened in the campaign.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character.
1) Ka’ta has stolen a fair amount of coin from various people along the years in Braganza. She doesn’t particularly see this as wrong; it has been the only way for her to collect any wealth or any prospects for when she’s a full citizen. Its all stashed in a secret nook in a wall in her old city. Not the safest place, but a secret. She’s never told anyone about it, so is pretty sure no one will find it, but … maybe? Also, the people she stole from (only small amounts mind) might be a bit grumpy if they found out.
2) Ka’ta’s father, who she never met, is still alive, and still a slave. He might ask for her help if he ever found her and discovered that she was free / had money.
Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
1) Ka’ta’s mother is dead now, but she still thinks of her often. Ka’ta’s mother, Sara, was a slave when Ka’ta was born (So so was Ka’ta) and she died without ever earning her freedom, so that she could afford to raise Ka’ta. She taught the druid everything she knew (including the secret druid language) though Sara was a more traditional jungle (wild) druid.
2) Rasha was a maidservant in a nearby house as Ka’ta was growing up. The two became fast friends by talking through the garden wall. Ka’ta misses her!
3) Jarrel, the son of her old Masters, has a bit of a grudge against Ka’ta because the young Mwangi never really responded to his advances. He’s also the only person who has any clue that Ka’ta may be a thief, or that she might have a stash. (He’s not sure though.)
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1) Ka’ta doesn’t know how to read / write. She’s very ashamed / embarrassed about that fact.
2) Ka’ta wants to stop and study natural things that are out of her range of experience living in a city. She often heard her mother go on about the beauties and wonders of nature, and so she is curious about animals and plants and things like that.
3) Ka’ta likes to sing, though she only knows a few songs, mostly ones in Mwangi that her mother used to sing to her. She can often be found sitting somewhere to watch the horizon and singing quietly to herself.