Revival of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Ziva]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Astrid]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+2[/dice]


8,251 to 8,300 of 8,440 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>

N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)
Ziva Vilcek wrote:
"I shall interpret that silence as a "no" then, hmm? I think we've cleared the repository well enough, but the surface citadel does have that large tower. Shall we start there? Perhaps divinations or asking around will turn up clues regarding the dragon."

Kellek leans back in his chair from behind a stack of ancient texts and looks flatly a Ziva, as if to say 'Well? Get on with it then.'


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Going to do a little filling in the gaps.

Once you can pull Kellek away from the library, you set about finding a way back to the large central tower in the Jorgenfist Citadel above. The main underground level of the giant settlement has been repopulated by some of Conna's tribe while you were busy moving the captives back to safety. However, you're able to get past by keeping to yourselves using a combination of stealth and diplomacy. After getting to the central winding shaft, you take the long ramp back up to the surface.

You find the internal courtyard of Jorgenfist is well populated by giants, who don't take your presence there particularly positively. In addition to the giants themselves, you see a pair of riding mammoths, as well as several rocs circling overhead that seem to be at the beck and call of their giant keepers. All in all, it's a formidable warband, and clearly one still ready to fight if it comes to it. After some posturing from the two dozen stone giants encamped within, Conna arrives in time to calm her tribespeople down and negotiate passage for your group.

When you explain your interest in the tower, she says "The black tower? That is a cursed place. For all Mokmurian did here, he did not permit any to disturb the seals across the only doors in. Nor have many wished to go against that order, for all can hear the chanting echoing from within. Whatever lies within, it lives on in madness." She shakes her head "If you wish to enter, none here will stop you, but I will restore the seals behind you should not exit."


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)
GM Cellion wrote:
When you explain your interest in the tower, she says "The black tower? That is a cursed place. For all Mokmurian did here, he did not permit any to disturb the seals across the only doors in. Nor have many wished to go against that order, for all can hear the chanting echoing from within. Whatever lies within, it lives on in madness." She shakes her head "If you wish to enter, none here will stop you, but I will restore the seals behind you should [you not return, and to prevent anything else from escaping]."

I'm guessing that that is the gist, and that she did not mean to just lock us inside forever. ;)


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I should have been more clear - the idea is that if you don't come out in a reasonable time, or if there's signs to show that you've fallen prey to whatever's inside, she'll reseal the Tower.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Looking at the tower, Guiness says, “Best we demolish as much of Mokmurian’s work as possible afore we leave, so the giants can make a new life out from beneath his shadow. Let’s go.”

The dwarf starts walking towards the structure’s main door, considering what fresh devilry is in store for them next.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

The doors to the Black Tower stand tall at the corner of Jorgenfist's main courtyard. Each door is an imposing slab of black iron, with heavy chains dangling from the inner edge of each door. Dimly shining runes skate across the surface of the doors, magically sealing whatever lies inside from escaping. Conna joins you at the doors, ready to temporarily dispel the magical seal and let you in - so long as you are ready.

Pausing a moment for any preparations you'd like to make before entry.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

"Any idea what horrors await us inside?" asks Guiness, drawing his hammer and willing the flame to ignite...


LG fm human Deliverer7/Crimson-Templar5 l hp 136/136 l AC25 (T15, FF22) l F +15, R +11, W +10, Ini +2 l CMB +18 CMD31 l Perc +17, SM +17 l Active Buffs/Conditions: (none)

"Traps, ancient guardians, fell secrets...the usual," Ziva shrugs as she draws her own weapon. "One way to know for certain."

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Conna shakes her head. "No more than I've heard, late at night. Whatever lies within must be ancient beings, from the era of the initial creators of Jorgenfist. Mokmurian knew something of what was sealed inside, but did not share it with others." Ziva can see that this tower is not like the others that compose the fort - its architectural style is far more intricate and ancient, bearing similarities to many of the other ancient monuments that dot the Varisian landscape. Its exterior is composed of immense blocks of black stone and decorated with gargoyles. The tower’s walls are streaked with thick lichens and moss. The chanting Conna mentioned currently can't be heard, at least as far as Ziva can tell. Ziva doesn't notice any other hazards.

Once you're ready, Conna conducts a brief ritual, ending it with the burning of incense and a straightforward spell. The runes swimming across the surface of the door slow and then fall still, before fading away. Conna speaks "Go now. I will watch and wait, and attempt to ensure that nothing escapes. Be quick."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Guiness walks side by side with Ziva as they move through the door to challenge the ancient mysteries which so intrigued Mokmurian.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

I'm assuming that we are back in perfect health

After all we have seen and fought so far, is there anything that we haven't seen before?" Colvyn walks foward and keep an eye out on potential dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32+3 vs traps


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Yep, perfect health.

Guiness and Ziva haul the massive metal doors open, releasing a cloud of ancient dust across the group. The dust is accompanied by an unexpectedly cold wave of air that washes over you. As the dust clears, you see the cavernous interior of the tower. Black walls rise up within, seemingly absorbing the light entering from the outside. Stairs on either side of the room rise up to a large dias overlooking the entrance. Similarly, elevated platforms in each of the corners of the room hold winged, gargoyle-like statues that loom - all watching the entrance. The ceiling rises to an arch 60 feet above.

Colvyn's eyes are drawn to a 10 by 10 foot section of the floor in the center of the room. This stone block is slick with black ice and seems to be separate from the surrounding construction. In addition to being a slipping hazard it may give way if stepped upon.


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)

"If needs be, I can ferry you all up one at a time." says the floating wizard.


LG fm human Deliverer7/Crimson-Templar5 l hp 136/136 l AC25 (T15, FF22) l F +15, R +11, W +10, Ini +2 l CMB +18 CMD31 l Perc +17, SM +17 l Active Buffs/Conditions: (none)

With a polite sound of disbelief, Ziva narrows her eyes suspiciously at the gargoyles. "If you're going to attack us just get on with it then, we've got more important things to do."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Hefting one of his throwing hammers, Guiness offers, ”I can knock one of them on the nose if you think they might be monsters and not statues.”


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

None of the gargoyles respond to Ziva's bold statement, which echoes throughout the cavernous chamber. A follow-up hammer from Guiness bonks a gargoyle on the nose, chipping the stone but to no further effect.


LG fm human Deliverer7/Crimson-Templar5 l hp 136/136 l AC25 (T15, FF22) l F +15, R +11, W +10, Ini +2 l CMB +18 CMD31 l Perc +17, SM +17 l Active Buffs/Conditions: (none)

"Hmm, well unless they are very good actors I suppose that's conclusive," Ziva shrugs a little bit sheepishly. "Unless they're golems, but we won't find out by just standing here."

Flaring out her wings of flame, the knight steps into the room, waiting to see if the gargoyles animate before she beats her wings to start climbing.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Guiness follows Ziva into the room, then sighs with a bit of envy as she grows wings and flies. He keeps pace with her from below as she explores the room.


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)

Kellek floats in 5' above the floor and 10' behind Guiness.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

While Ziva flies up, Colvyn moves closer to the black ice and inspects the floor for any magical aura.

Detect magic


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Sorry for the delay.

Ziva's fiery wings bring some warmer light into the cold, dark space. Their flames reflect off the gleaming black surfaces all over and cast dramatic shadows above the gargoyles. The rest of you follow her into the room. Colvyn inspects the square of black ice magically and sees no particular aura.

INIT:
Ziva: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Astrid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Guiness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
-
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
However, you don't search very long before the temperature in the room drops sharply. From somewhere below, you hear reverberating chanting, serving as the only warning moments before four ghostly figures rise up from the floor. These spectral women have bulging eyes, sharp teeth, and large feathery wings. One of the four emerges right next to Guiness and Colvyn, while the others rise further away. (All are still only just above the floor)

Their chanting grows to a dizzying cacophony as it echoes off the walls. Astrid and Guiness are the quickest to react.

|||| INIT ||||
Astrid
Guiness

??? Ghosts
Kellek
Ziva
Colvyn

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Guiness quickly lashes out at the ghost with his flaming warhammer, then follows up with a head butt from his cold iron helm.

Dragonfist Primary Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Magic bludgeoning Damage plus fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (1) = 21

Dragonfist Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Magic bludgeoning Damage plus fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 15 + (1) = 20

Dragonfist Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Magic bludgeoning Damage plus fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 15 + (3) = 25

Cold Iron Helm Headbutt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (3, 3) + (3) = 9
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (5, 3) + (2) = 10
The ghostly bird-woman's body yields like thick soup to Guiness' hammer. His swing disrupts her form, but not so much that it doesn't reform afterward. He lands a second swing before the ghost can evade his remaining attacks. The bird-woman's form snaps back into place afterward as she squawks angrily.

She strikes back, burying her spectral beak in Guiness' chest. At her touch, Guiness feels his vital energy draining from his body (6 negative energy damage and 3 con damage). The red ghost flies up to Ziva and stabs the woman's leg with her beak. Ziva also feels her life energy begin to ebb (8 negative energy damage, 2 con dmg)

The green ghost floats down to the level of the floor near the icy slab, then starts a hypnotic chant.

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Colvyn Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kellek Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Ziva Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Astrid Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

Guiness and Kellek become captivated by this ghostly bird-woman and suddenly want nothing more than to approach to bask in her presence. (You become captivated, on your turn, you can do nothing except to move toward green, who is at ground level. If your path would take you through a hazardous area - such as walking on the ground through the space Colvyn identified as a likely trap, you get a new Will save vs. DC19 to end the effect early. This is a non-magical, sonic, mind-affecting charm.)

Meanwhile, the blue ghost chants in exact disharmony with her sister, reversing the chant into a horrifying dirge.

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Colvyn Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Kellek Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Ziva Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Astrid Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

While most of you stay firm against the dirge, Ziva finds herself utterly stricken by fear. (Panicked for 1 rd, causing you to drop your stuff and flee from blue)

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (captivated by green)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, panicked by blue 1 rd)
Colvyn
Astrid x2
Guiness (6 dmg, 3 con dmg, captivated by green)

Yellow ghost (20 dmg)
Red ghost
Green ghost
Blue ghost


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

Noticing the hagard look in Guiness and Kellek eyes, Colvyn raises his bow and aims at the chanting. Before letting his arrows fly, he transfers some divine energy into the weapon. The arrows become almost translucent and arc toward the target.

Longbow vs Green1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 29
Longbow vs Green2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 21
Longbow vs Green3: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 26

Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 14
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage3: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 17

Imbueing ghost touch with sacred weapon.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Two spectral arrows pierce green's feathery side, but despite the injury she doggedly continues to chant.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (captivated by green)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, panicked by blue 1 rd)

Colvyn
Astrid x2
Guiness (6 dmg, 3 con dmg, captivated by green)

Yellow ghost (20 dmg)
Red ghost
Green ghost (31 dmg)
Blue ghost


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Astrid steps up and channels energy in an attempt to repel the ghosts.
Channel Energy (Po): 6d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 1, 6, 5) = 25
Channel Energy (Po): 6d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6) = 23

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

GM Screen:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
-

The ghostly bird-women endure a bright wave of divine energy, despite the positive energy evaporating portions of their forms. They manage to fight through a second wave as well, with only the yellow ghost seemingly taking it worse than the others.

Kellek floats without thought toward the green bird-woman. At the same time, Ziva flees from the blue bird-woman as best as she can, ending up right at the ceiling in the north-east corner of the room. Guiness starts to take a step forward toward the green ghost, but remembers Colvyn's warnings about the ice and manages to break free from his trance. (standard action left over)

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (captivated by green)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg)
Colvyn
Astrid
Guiness (6 dmg, 3 con dmg) *standard action remains
Yellow ghost (55 dmg)
Red ghost (23 dmg)
Green ghost (54 dmg)
Blue ghost (23 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Regaining his senses just in time, Guiness lashes out with his hammer once more at the yellow ghost!

Dragonfist Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Magical and Fire Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 15 + (1) = 18


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (6, 1) + (1) = 8
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (5, 1) + (3) = 9
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (4, 4) + (3) = 11
The yellow ghost drifts just out of Guiness' reach, then returns to peck at him once more with its spectral beak. Expecting the retaliation, he just barely manages to dodge the attack. The red ghost picks up the inverted chant that the blue ghost just dropped, sending another wave of terror running through the group.

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Colvyn Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Kellek Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Ziva Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Astrid Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

This time both Guiness and Kellek succumb, and are sent panicked and fleeing from the red ghost. (Panicked 1 rd) Meanwhile the green and blue ghosts land pecks upon Astrid and Kellek, draining their vitality (6 neg energy and 3 Con dmg to Astrid, 8 neg energy and 3 con dmg to Kellek)

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg, panicked by red 1rd)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg)
Colvyn
Astrid (6 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Guiness (6 dmg, 3 con dmg, panicked by red 1rd)

Yellow ghost (55 dmg)
Red ghost (23 dmg)
Green ghost (54 dmg)
Blue ghost (23 dmg)


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)

A panicked Kellek, panics and flies backwards and up withdrawing toward the door avoiding as much danger as possible.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

With ghost everywhere, Colvyn aims for the one closest Guiness. He once again transfers divine energy to his bow, turning it translucent.

Longbow vs Yellow1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 30
Longbow vs Yellow2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 30
Longbow vs Yellow3: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 14

Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 15
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage3: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16

Imbueing ghost touch with sacred weapon.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

While Kellek flees, two more translucent arrows pierce the yellow ghost, leaving it howling. It seems gravely injured but still unwilling to back down.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg, panicked by red 1rd)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg)
Colvyn
Astrid (6 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Guiness (6 dmg, 3 con dmg, panicked by red 1rd)

Yellow ghost (86 dmg)
Red ghost (23 dmg)
Green ghost (54 dmg)
Blue ghost (23 dmg)


LG fm human Deliverer7/Crimson-Templar5 l hp 136/136 l AC25 (T15, FF22) l F +15, R +11, W +10, Ini +2 l CMB +18 CMD31 l Perc +17, SM +17 l Active Buffs/Conditions: (none)

As her wits come back to her, Ziva shifts her stance to focus on evasion against the (red) ghost, then folds her wings and dives for her sword.

No idea if her movement will provoke from Red or not but just in case, Ziva's AC33 (Touch AC23) against any AoOs. I believe she can only double move this round so won't be able to retrieve her sword until next turn.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

After Astrid acts, Guiness…

If still panicked:

…drops his hammer and flees from the red ghost!

If Guiness is not panicked:

…keeps swinging at yellow!
Primary Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Hammer Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 15 + (6) = 27
Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Hammer Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (6) = 24
Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Hammer Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (1) = 19


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Ziva, you can withdraw your way to your sword if you'd like, which would get you out of melee. Also, looks like Astrid does have one remove fear prepped, so...

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (1, 6) + (3) = 10
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (1, 2) + (2) = 5
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (2, 5) + (2) = 9
While Ziva goes after her weapon, Astrid sends out a wave of magic to protect the party from the terrifying ghostly chant. (Everyone gains remove fear for a +4 morale vs. fear effects. Guiness' fear gets suppressed this round) Guiness manages to keep a hold of his weapon as the spell takes effect, but his flurry of swings can't keep up with the agile ghost he's engaged with.

The green ghost picks up the terrifying chant, sending a fresh wave of fear through the party. This time the majority of the party are well protected... but something about the eerie, supernatural chant worms its way into Ziva's mind and sends her fleeing once more.

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 4 = 32
Colvyn Will: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 = 25
Kellek Will: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 4 = 31
Ziva Will: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 = 13
Astrid Will: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

The other ghosts keep up their assault, pecking away at the souls of the group. Yellow jabs its ghostly beak into Guiness' arm, sapping more of his vitality. (7 negative energy and 3 con dmg) The red ghost takes a charging dive at Ziva, but misjudges her position and ends up jabbing the stone next to her. The blue ghost buries its beak in Astrid's side again, draining away. (7 neg energy and 2 con dmg)

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, panicked by green 1 rd)
Colvyn
Astrid (13 dmg, 5 con dmg)
Guiness (13 dmg, 6 con dmg)

Yellow ghost (86 dmg)
Red ghost (23 dmg)
Green ghost (54 dmg)
Blue ghost (23 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Distraught that he missed and he keeps getting his stamina sapped, Guiness steps up to yellow and unloads again, hoping to make contact this time!

Dragonfist Primary Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Magical Bludgeoning and Fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 15 + (2) = 23

Dragonfist Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Magical Bludgeoning and Fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (4) = 22

Dragonfist Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Magical Bludgeoning and Fire: 1d8 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (5) = 23


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)

Kellek fires off a barrage of magical missiles at the nearest ghost.

magic missile v Yellow (or possibly Blue): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 3, 3) + 5 = 20


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

Looking around at the mess of a fight Colvyn calls out to the others. "Should we retreat, this isn't going well at all"

Longbow vs Yellow1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 13
Longbow vs Yellow2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 17
Longbow vs Yellow3: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 21

Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 15
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage3: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16

Imbueing ghost touch with sacred weapon, again


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Guiness' hammer burns a swath through the yellow ghost before it can back out and evade the remaining two attacks. However, it has no chance to evade the magical barrage of force from Kellek that tears through it. With a frustrated shriek, the ghostly bird-woman disperses into ethereal tatters. Colvyn's flurry of arrows whips through the air around the blue ghost, but he's not able to get a clean hit.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, panicked by green 1 rd)
Colvyn
Astrid (13 dmg, 5 con dmg)
Guiness (13 dmg, 6 con dmg)
Red ghost (23 dmg)
Green ghost (54 dmg)
Blue ghost (23 dmg)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Changeling Cleric (Herald Caller) of Pulura 5; Stargazer 7 | 68/68 HP | AC23 T14 FF20 | CMD21 | F +9 R +10 W +16 (+2 vs MA) | SR 18 | Spd 40 | Init +3 | Perc +24 | Bluff +22, Diplomacy +28, Fly +7, Geography +15, Handle Animal +11, Lore (Blood Hags) +12, Perception +25, Planes +9, Sense Motive +25, Survival +12 | Elysium's Call 9/9 | Holy Lance 2/2 | Channel 6/6 | Active Conditions: 1 Con Dmg

Astrid steps back from her assailant, calling upon Pulura's divine power to strike down their ghostly attackers.

Channel, DC 18 Will: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6, 6, 3, 5) = 30


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (3, 5) + (1) = 9
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (1, 4) + (1) = 6
The ghosts thrash as divine power washes over their forms. The green ghost seems particularly badly affected. While they're writhing, Ziva flees toward the north-west corner of the chamber.

The divine waves pass, and unfortunately all three ghosts are still floating. The blue and green ones go after Colvyn and Astrid respectively. Both impale their respective victims with their beaks, draining more of their essence (8 neg dmg to Colvyn, 1 con dmg; 5 neg dmg to Astrid, 1 con dmg)

The red bird-woman floats her way down to the center of the room and begins the same hypnotic chant that green started initially. Both Ziva and Guiness are entranced, their minds clouded by a single-minded desire to approach and bask in the ghost's presence. (as before, you're compelled to directly approach. if you would enter a hazardous square, you get a new Will save DC20 to end the effect early)

Guiness Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Ziva Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Kellek Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Colvyn Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Astrid Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

Poor Ziva's just getting ping-pong'd

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, captivated by red)
Colvyn (8 dmg, 1 con dmg)
Astrid (13 dmg, 6 con dmg)
Guiness (13 dmg, 6 con dmg, captivated by red)

Red ghost (38 dmg)
Green ghost (84 dmg)
Blue ghost (38 dmg)


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

Colvyn keeps the same tactic, trying to reduce the amount of foes as fast as he can.

Longbow vs Green1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 22
Longbow vs Green2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 23
Longbow vs Green3: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 22

Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage3: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 17

Imbueing ghost touch with sacred weapon, once more

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Guiness starts dreamily approaching the red ghost, pausing momentarily before stepping on the trapped surface directly between him and the undead creature!

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

(Is it a 20 this time, or still a 19 like last time. Looks like with this roll it is going to make a difference...)


N Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 12 | hp 46/62 (max 46)| AC 14 {17}, T 13, FF 12 {15} | CMD 19 | F +6, R +8, W +12 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +18, Kn(Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +16, Kn(Others) +11, Perc +12, SensM +12, Scrft +20 | arc reservoir 9/15 | magic missile wand 26/38 | -1 penalty to Con (2 damage) | ext mage armor, overland flight, hunter's blessing (mnt, giants)

Kellek descends and fires off a blast of lightning at the spirits harassing Astrid.

**KAR-RAK THOOM!!!**

lightning damage v red and green (Arcane Reservoir, Reflex DC 21): 10d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 1, 5, 6, 2, 3, 6, 6) = 46


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Yep, should have been DC19 Guiness.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Colvyn's arrows are more precise this round, with the first two skewering green before it can attack again. It bursts into a ghostly tatters. The final arrow pierces blue, a moment before Kellek's lightning bolt blasts straight eastward through red. Red manages to dodge at least some of the lightning, and its spectral nature protects it at least partially from the blast.

Guiness manages just barely to break himself free of the siren call before stepping on the icy slab.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg, captivated by red)
Colvyn (8 dmg, 1 con dmg)
Astrid (13 dmg, 6 con dmg)
Guiness (13 dmg, 6 con dmg) *std action remaining*

Red ghost (49 dmg)
Blue ghost (55 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Guiness barely shakes himself free of the siren song just in time, then diverts to carefully circumvent the trap, ending up next to the red ghost now. Finding the near miss left him out of position to use his weapon this round, he instead pulls strength from the rock at his feet and settles into a defensive stance.

(Since the save interrupted his movement, Guiness had to use his standard action to complete his movement to go around the trap and get adjacent to the ghost. Defensive Stance is a free action to enter and will aid him with +2 Will save and touch AC)


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Astrid Channel DC18: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2) = 16

GM Screen:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (6, 4) + (2) = 12
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 2d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (4, 2) + (3) = 9
While Ziva is lured in and Guiness navigates his way around the icy slab, Astrid releases another wave of divine energy. The red ghost withers under the wave, but the blue ghost hardly seems affected.

Sensing vulnerability, the two remaining ghosts go after Astrid and Guiness. The red ghost stabs through Guiness' shield to stab its beak into his chest. (10 neg dmg, 2 con dmg) The blue ghost spreads its wings wide as it falls upon Astrid, practically enveloping her (dealing 6 neg dmg, 3 con dmg). The combined loss of animating energy and the growing collection of necrotic wounds leave Astrid unsteady and deathly pale - she seems like she might collapse at any moment.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg)
Colvyn (8 dmg, 1 con dmg)
Astrid (19 dmg, 9 con dmg)
Guiness (23 dmg, 8 con dmg)

Red ghost (65 dmg)
Blue ghost (63 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter 8 Stalwart Defender 4 | Speed 20 | Initiative +2 | AC: 31 (Touch 17), DR 3/- | Hp: 144 | Fort: +13, Reflex +7, Will +10 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 33 (+2 Disarm, +4 Bull Rush, Trip) | | Melee +16/+11/+6 Warhammer+1: 1d8+1d6+17, +8 Cold Iron Dwarven Boulder Headbutt 1d4+6, Smash (DS Only) +9/1d4+7, Ranged +15/+10/+5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+5 | CMB: +16 | Perception +16, Sense Motive +5, Acrobatics +4 (+6 Balance,+5 Jump), Climb +4, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Nature/Geography/History/Nobility +1, Linguistics +3, Metalcraft +19, Survival +5, Swim +4, Soldier +11

Pulling sustenance from the very rock below his feet, Guiness partially offsets the horrific draining of vitality the ghost has inflicted.

Roaring, the warrior dwarf launches his full attack routine against the red ghost, swinging away with the magic warhammer Dragonfist, smashing with the enchanted shield, and finishing with a bash from his cold iron helmet.

Warhammer Attack with Defensive Stance Primary Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 17 + (6) = 26

Warhammer Attack with Defensive Stance Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 17 + (4) = 27

Warhammer Attack with Defensive Stance Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 17 + (4) = 24

Shield Slam Attack with Defensive Stance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage with Magic Shield: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Steel Headbutt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Cold Iron Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 9 / Trapper 2 | hp 71/71 | AC21 T15 FF 17 CMD 21 | Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10 (+1 vsTraps) | Init +4 | Perc +19 (+3 vsTraps) D.D +25 (+2 vsTraps) Darkvision 60ft | Move 30 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 7/7, Fervor 3d6 7/7, Sacred Weapon 4/9, Sacred Armor 9/9

Seeing Astrid taking more hit, Colvyn focus his attention to the ghost attacking her.

Longbow vs Blue1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 29
Longbow vs Blue2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 28
Longbow vs Blue3: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 27
Longbow vs Blue3, confirm: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 11

Damage1: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage2: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage3: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 1 = 16

Imbueing ghost touch with sacred weapon, yet again


CG Changeling Cleric (Herald Caller) of Pulura 5; Stargazer 7 | 68/68 HP | AC23 T14 FF20 | CMD21 | F +9 R +10 W +16 (+2 vs MA) | SR 18 | Spd 40 | Init +3 | Perc +24 | Bluff +22, Diplomacy +28, Fly +7, Geography +15, Handle Animal +11, Lore (Blood Hags) +12, Perception +25, Planes +9, Sense Motive +25, Survival +12 | Elysium's Call 9/9 | Holy Lance 2/2 | Channel 6/6 | Active Conditions: 1 Con Dmg

Astrid staggers away from the ghost, calling out a desperate prayer for Pulura's light. With a gasp, the pain lifts, and she finds herself rejuvenated, as if the creatures had never touched her.

Stepping back and casting heal on myself, restoring all my HP and removing all ability damage. Not quite how I wanted to use it, especially with how rough Guinness is, but I was at 0/19 HP with an effective Con of 3.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

After a wave of attacks from Guiness and Colvyn, their respective ghostly targets are left looking very seriously tattered. It seems it won't take much more punishment to finish either one off. Meanwhile Astrid surges back to perfect health.

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek (8 dmg, 3 con dmg)
Ziva (8 dmg, 2 con dmg)

Colvyn (8 dmg, 1 con dmg)
Astrid
Guiness (23 dmg, 8 con dmg)
Red ghost (94 dmg)
Blue ghost (108 dmg)

8,251 to 8,300 of 8,440 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.